Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,605 members, 7,823,636 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" (55110 Views)

Ibrahim Magu Meets Wole Soyinka To Discuss How To Fight Corruption - Photos / Obasanjo Should Let Jonathan Be – Fayose / Probe Jonathan, Be Fair, PDP Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by whitecat007: 3:49pm On Jul 13, 2013
Devil must punish you for asking Soyinka to be like Achebe. A world celebrated writer like Soyinka to be like who again may Shango strike you, Oloshi radarada, omo lasan ekeji aja

victorD3: Why can't Soyinka be like late Achibe and stay away from politics? 6 months ago he was with Akpabio inspecting projects just for the Ghana-must-go he will fly back with. No wonder I haven't read any new book by him.

4 Likes

Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by whitecat007: 3:57pm On Jul 13, 2013
Yes! cos the stake holders know he has always been the best or would you rather invite to your book events if you can afford it? not rabble rouser, but the real deal.

LastApostle: Soyinka has been corrupted by the spoils of office Governor Amaechi has been extending.

He is always in Rivers state for one book launch or the other, symposiums, and functions. He is only protecting his source of gratification.
Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by whitecat007: 3:59pm On Jul 13, 2013
Good! You are seeing what you want to see.

Gabbysky:
My apology if I sounded a bit tribal, but honestly, this is getting too much. It has gotten to that point where if I witness or read of a criticism to whatever the Jonathans do, I first look at the names of the players, and I've not been disappointed.
Even in public discourses.
Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by texaco1: 4:20pm On Jul 13, 2013
ba7man: We all know the truth in this country but we choose to be blind to it due to sentiment, tribal attachments, political party afilliation etc. The truth will always out-live lies, no matter how it's denied. I stand with Prof Soyinka on this one.

I respect ur views ,stand and opinions but until a link is provided to show the connection between pej and the crises in rivers state pej stands innocent .the only link or connection ppl have on pej and rivers state crises is a report by sahara reporters ,both the anti ameachi and pro ameachi have not indicated or insinuated that pej is involved .wole soyinka is takig sides and I think that is very un becoming for a man of his calibre .why didn't wole soyinka rebuke or condemn all the members of rivers state house of assembly that took part in the commotion?

1 Like

Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by whitecat007: 4:24pm On Jul 13, 2013
His marital status has nothing to do with this. What if those are just the three women he has been with in his 79yrs on earth What if he never cheated and let the wives go rather than pretend that all is well like you hypocrites do with one wife at home and 10 girlfriends outside + numerous hi bams. BTW, tell your madam at the top that it serves her right, that is if you have the courage to say it to your mother at the top, so her hippo body does come crashing and crushing you to death.

sheniqua: Amazing that a man who cannot keep a wife of his own would talk about someone's wife in this manner
Old age is no excuse for stupidity
Married thrice and divorced twice and would have the guts to use such gutter language on our First Lady,the president's wife
What nerve
He must not think much of women obviously
Now we know why he can't keep a woman
Where is his own wife or concubine
Nonsense!

* seriously rolling my eyes*
Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by noblejazz(m): 4:31pm On Jul 13, 2013
Soyinka is now vocal because of the situation in rivers state.... while he make an impact with his immediate findings and possible solution( pointing to the first lady) i will want him to also point similar fingers as a fact finder towards the master-minders and sponsors of Boko haram. Since it is now obvious that he always has classified evidences.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by whitecat007: 4:37pm On Jul 13, 2013
Liar,

Bush and Obama were both insulted mercilessly.

nacosprof: U REASON WITH UR KIDNEY, PROF SHOULD GO BACK TO HIS FEILD INSTEAD OF POLITICS,..NO MATTER WHAT GEJ IS NO1 MAN IN OUR COUNTRY, TRY N INSULT AMERICAN PRESIDENT IN FRONT OF HIS CITIZEN THEY WILL ROST U ALIVE...
Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by chamboy(m): 4:39pm On Jul 13, 2013
lincolnj88: Good for nothing prof. Y not be a solution, where the hell is your wife maybe she is still in d process of becoming a lady or are u still a bachelor.....pej is more useful than u in dis country, because she is in d battle front and u are @ home saying rubish... Big foolll
Dude is ur thinking faculty still normal
Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by Psyrus(m): 4:40pm On Jul 13, 2013
Things fall apart when the center can not hold.........
grin
Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by chamboy(m): 4:41pm On Jul 13, 2013
Ozedy: is english her mother tongue, a language borrowed from England is what u are bostful of. my God slavery mentality.
You are the most stupid person this year
Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by Vose: 4:44pm On Jul 13, 2013
Am in support of u sir. Someone needs to tell what she dosnt want to hear.
Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by olaheavy1: 4:49pm On Jul 13, 2013
SEUN, I just had to answer these fools here. Please, don't hide this rebuttal.
***************************************************************************************************************************
What I don't understand is how unreasonable these Easterners can be. All of you cretins here should go home and ask your elders how unbiased and highly pragmatic Wole Soyinka is. The same man you're insulting today took the bullets for your useless Biafran cause, and singlehandedly attracted the international awareness to your ignoble secession bid. For those acts of his, Wole Soyinka was jailed for life on treasonable felony offences. He even attended your hated Ojukwu's burial in your landlocked Biafra. Why he cares to honor and respect you Easterners, honestly, I don't know - because, to start with, you buffoons are not worthy of his attention. You animals ought to know that Wole Soyinka is never an ambiguous individual; in the past, during Obasanjo's regime The Professor did not give him a breathing space, at all. Remember when that illegitimate governor of Osun state, Oyinlola, dedicated a library or some historical books or something to Obasanjo it was the erudite professor who took it upon himself to write a letter to the UNESCO blocking Obasanjo's and Olagunsoye's antics. I remember then how Oyinlola vituperatively descended on Soyinka passing scathing invectives on him. Recently, you all were happy when the professor wrote a stinker against Buhari for his draconian laws/decrees during his reign as military head of state. Wole Soyinka is a social critic of the highest order.

6 Likes

Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by texaco1: 4:59pm On Jul 13, 2013
Ok
Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by texaco1: 4:59pm On Jul 13, 2013
olaheavy1:
SEUN, I just had to answer these fools here. Please, don't hide this rebuttal.
***************************************************************************************************************************
What I don't understand is how unreasonable these Easterners can be. All of you cretins here should go home and ask your elders how unbiased and highly pragmatic Wole Soyinka is. The same man you're insulting today took the bullets for your useless Biafran cause, and singlehandedly attracted the international awareness to your ignoble secession bid. For those acts of his, Wole Soyinka was jailed for life on treasonable felony offences. He even attended your hated Ojukwu's burial in your landlocked Biafra. Why he cares to honor and respect you Easterners, honestly, I don't know - because, to start with, you buffoons are not worthy of his attention. You animals ought to know that Wole Soyinka is never an ambiguous individual; in the past, during Obasanjo's regime The Professor did not give him a breathing space, at all. Remember when that illegitimate governor of Osun state, Oyinlola, dedicated a library or some historical books or something to Obasanjo it was the erudite professor who took it upon himself to write a letter to the UNESCO blocking Obasanjo's and Olagunsoye's antics. I remember then how Oyinlola vituperatively descended on Soyinka passing scathing invectives on him. Recently, you all were happy when the professor wrote a stinker against Buhari for his draconian laws/decrees during his reign as military head of state. Wole Soyinka is a social critic of the highest order.
Some people are in desperate need of critical medical observation

1 Like

Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by Sike(m): 5:16pm On Jul 13, 2013
Oro nla...
Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by Acidosis(m): 5:28pm On Jul 13, 2013
fes2ga: Being a Noble Laurette is better than a Nigerian president.

are you okay?

A noble Laurette contesting for a presidential post?

If your noble whatever is that 'great', what the hell was he (Soyinka) looking for in Nigerian politics??

I'd rather be a Nigerian President for 1year than your noble garbage...
Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by Acidosis(m): 5:39pm On Jul 13, 2013
olaniyanibukun0: You don't know the definition of Noble Lauret, nor the the difference between being successful and being madly rich

so a President is not succesful, right?
Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by Acidosis(m): 5:41pm On Jul 13, 2013
feelxp: fool..he was given national honour n he rejected it so wot presidential recognition ar u fool talking abt

He contested with GEJ but he couldn't even get 10,000 votes... hahaha... grin
Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by Acidosis(m): 5:45pm On Jul 13, 2013
lincolnj88: Good for nothing prof. Y not be a solution, where the hell is your wife maybe she is still in d process of becoming a lady or are u still a bachelor.....pej is more useful than u in dis country, because she is in d battle front and u are @ home saying rubish... Big foolll

I was almost asking the same question.

Where is Wole Soyinka's wife or is he a old Bachelor?
Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by olaheavy1: 5:45pm On Jul 13, 2013
Acidosis:

are you okay?

A noble Laurette contesting for a presidential post?

If your noble whatever is that 'great', what the hell was he (Soyinka) looking for in Nigerian politics??

I'd rather be a Nigerian President for 1year than your noble garbage...
It's written as Nobel Laureate and not "noble Laurette". So much for Achebe's indoctrination and mis-education. Damn!

3 Likes

Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by SalC: 6:09pm On Jul 13, 2013
Does it mean we won't rest again in this country because we have an old professor and a resurrected first lady?
Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by armadeo(m): 6:28pm On Jul 13, 2013
eldoradoxx: I would choose to be president for a week than Noble Lauret for a life time !!!

obviously you do noit understand who a nobel prize winner is. i'll rather be a noble winner for life than a president for a year.
Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by armadeo(m): 6:30pm On Jul 13, 2013
cmega123:
Stop blabbing. Saying WS is looking for Presidential recognition is like saying Obama is looking for chieftancy title. WS has passed that stage a long long time ago, by using his brain. Tommorow, Jonathan and Patience will be out of power and go back to Bayelsa, but WS will still be where he is (rubbing shoulder with the likes of Obama and Mandela.)

God bless u. You know what a nobel prize means. Sadly many youths of today don't see beyond making money any means and buying expensive cars. Ws is welcome anywhere in the world.

2 Likes

Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by armadeo(m): 6:31pm On Jul 13, 2013
devour129: sad

Am tired of weeping for naija.
Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by Zadokk: 6:53pm On Jul 13, 2013
What is realy wrong with dis Good day my fellow widowers, would imagin, : you can't pass here the queen is here, what a mess
Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by Acidosis(m): 7:01pm On Jul 13, 2013
olaheavy1:
It's written as Nobel Laureate and not "noble Laurette". So much for Achebe's indoctrination and mis-education. Damn!

haha...

You should have known I really do not care about your so called nobel..

If you are so intelligent as you claim, you'd have noticed I only copied and then paste the exact spelling from a previous post..

btw, I've made my points, you can choose to criticize and point out s¡lly stuffs just like your Mr nobel Prof who couldn't get a thousand vote grin while the so called "shoeless" one made it to the top... ruling over the nobel one alongside his unknown wife (thats if he's married)...
Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by raymondinc(m): 7:05pm On Jul 13, 2013
Wole soyinka had gone too far making it a personal revolution. Why should he call her a domestic appendage? afterall, he is only a professor of literature and nothing more than that. I thought he would come in as a peace loving old man instead of making out a war without any humanitarian regard whatsoever. If he is good in his field bet me he is also an apprentice in others' field of study. There shouldn't be any stick of age draging respect when it comes to war. War is war and there ain't no short cut to it. Prof. In the event of next time if there is going to be, show some morals and leaving a good trail behind. Thank you.
Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by Aywire(m): 7:09pm On Jul 13, 2013
Got something you want to share with us? Or are you a creative writer/blogger that wants to be featured on our site? JstSaying.com is opening up for writers who want to write, contribute and let their voices be heard. Articles can range from topics about music, gossips from various universities, sport, technology, gadget, your personal diary, internet, social networking, business, finance, lifestyle, relationship, love, romance, short stories, biographies, information, social issues, relationships, humour, fashion, African Culture, Inspirational, abstract writing, etc.

Here are the following guidelines to writing an article for JustSaying:

1. Articles MUST be original i.e. Not copied from a different source that is not originally yours. If some information is derived from other sources please state the source in the article.

2. Articles MUST, as much as possible refrain from insults directed towards a particular gender, ethnic group, race, or religious group. Each article will be reviewed prior to publishing.

3. Articles MUST be fairly accurate where dates, events, and places are mentioned.

4. Articles MUST, as much as possible, be grammatically correct and void of glaring grammatical errors. This does not mean vernacular cannot be used. If you write in pidgin English then by all means do so. We are not opposed to that.

5. Articles MUST have a picture related to the article topic included in the article(exceptions for contributors). This helps out a great deal as our blog system lays out articles with a picture thumb.

To join the team is simple, call me at 08172568005, add me 278F3D46 or email us info@jstsaying.com

For questions issues and concerns please contact info@jstsaying.com or leave your comment here. Thanks for the support.

JustSaying Team.
Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by akereconfi: 7:11pm On Jul 13, 2013
Okukk:

And you the "english prof" how come you "s" in "sentence" is in cap? I too know dey worry you....

..and how come you wrote YOUR as YOU....what happened to the R??
Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by Acidosis(m): 7:16pm On Jul 13, 2013
raymondinc: Wole soyinka had gone too far making it a personal revolution. Why should he call her a domestic appendage? afterall, he is only a professor of literature and nothing more than that. I thought he would come in as a peace loving old man instead of making out a war without any humanitarian regard whatsoever. If he is good in his field bet me he is also an apprentice in others' field of study. There shouldn't be any stick of age draging respect when it comes to war. War is war and there ain't no short cut to it. Prof. In the event of next time if there is going to be, show some morals and leaving a good trail behind. Thank you.

I really do not know the problems associated with this old professor of Literature..

GEJ is proud of that woman PATIENCE! and thats the reason I won't stop respecting her office..

Unlike our Professor of Literature with an unknown wife (probably in the Kitchen, busy with domestic work and laundry), a typical black man..
Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jul 13, 2013
Acidosis:

I was almost asking the same question.

Where is Wole Soyinka's wife or is he a old Bachelor?

WS and his wife are still together. He was with her during her mother's burial last weekend in Sapele, Delta State.

1 Like

Re: Soyinka To Patience Jonathan - Be A Lady Before Being A "First Lady" by duni04(m): 7:43pm On Jul 13, 2013
dejgan:

Am not surprised. Only a hustling lad would open his mouth to speak about WS in the manner you have done. I just got clarified. Sorry! May God bless your hustles and grant you the "goodluck" you are awaiting like Jonathan's. M2U2
Classic to the bone! Teach me to diss like that pls!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Peter Obi Eating In Bigard Memorial Seminary’s Refectory In 2015. / Nnamdi Kanu Visits Ekwulobia In Anambra (Photos) / Peter Obi's Dollar Investment As Anambra Governor Now Worth N95bn - Alex Otti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.