Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,766 members, 7,831,461 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? (8814 Views)

Fbi's Most Wanted Nigerian Criminals / Nlanders List Your 5. Top Nigerian Criminals Of Your Choice + Reasons. / Northern Ambassador Tells Host Country That Nigerian Criminals Are Southerners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by pixiraver(m): 6:09pm On May 26, 2006
hey reverend u make it sound as if most of Nigeria's population is made up of fraudsters,we must begin to question our own motives if we see them doing such things and ignore them,how many times have u reported such persons dispersing such 419 mails? Nigeria is also filled with honest people so u guys should add to the bad painting of Nigeria's image, abeg jooo . Let everybody be his brother keeper, report them simple.
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by kazey(m): 6:57pm On May 26, 2006
Ashamed of myself for not sympathizing ? Or is it you Reverend who is not been objective in your judgements. You tell me. It is wrong to scam, but the scammed ones too are guilty, besides you didnt answer my question.

Is it legal to help someone steal or launder money out of a country?
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by mamaput(f): 7:02pm On May 26, 2006
At the end of a very long day, i will say that in most cases its only greedy people that fall for it.
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by kazey(m): 7:14pm On May 26, 2006
@mamaput, its not only greedy people. But fraudulent people infact fall for such scams.
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by kimba(m): 7:18pm On May 26, 2006
@Jakumo
Kimba you must try to understand that HONEST and LAW ABIDING Nigerians are ironically some of the greatest long-term victims of the 419 crime-wave because of they lose business opportunities and credibility everywhere they go in the world as a direct result of the mortal damage done to the reputation of ALL Nigerians by those unrepentant career fraudsters you defend so passionately in your writing
Jakumo, cmon, you should think better than what you are saying:
1) Honest and Law Abiding Nigerians are ironically some of the greatest long-term victims of 419 crime-wave?
(1) That is pure bull. It just doesnt sync together. If you are honest and law-abiding, what made you interested in Advanced Fee Fraud? What was so interesting as to catch your interest in the loot of some dead Minister of Finance in some country you dont know about? Did you work for the money to be transfered into your account? if truly you are Honest and Law Abiding.
(2) If youve been duped once, fine. Then you tie your debt and you dont get duped again. What now makes the ordeal "long-term"?

@Kazey
The scammed person is a theif just like the scammer himself. Lets call a spade a spade.
Thats what im talking about.

@Reverend
So you want people to admire these criminal scum! You are a prime example of the trash that call themselves human beings. Your mentality is dispicable and degenerate in the extreme. I utterly detest people like you and I think that you must have a large part of your brain cells missing. You are part of the cancer that is destroying Nigeria. There is only one cure for cancer and that is to cut it out! half measures are not going to work!

I can see from your post that like Kimba you must also be heavily involved in these crimes.
Theres no need to get foul-mouthed. Its just a discussion.
Have you been scammed before? is that why you are so angry?
Usually, when people didnt work for the money they have, it goes in a way that would make them remember they didnt work for it.

@mamaput, @kazey
Thanks, you said it right
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by Reverend(m): 7:39pm On May 26, 2006
In this one thread you have shown beyond a shadow of a doubt that there is no hope for honest Nigerians.

Kimba, Kazey and the rest of you who support the actions of the 419 criminals, It just goes to show how far some people have to travel before they become decent, rational people with moral ethics. All I can see here are pathetic musings from a a bunch of ill educated, illiterate morons.

You are the very cancer that Nigerians are suffering from. The quicker you are cut out the better it will be for the majority of honest Nigerians! lipsrsealed

I am now totally convinced that the persons within this thread that condone 419 are involved in these crimes.

It is a real tragedy for Nigeria!
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by kazey(m): 7:42pm On May 26, 2006
Can you please quote, where kazey said he supports scamming? Infact for your more information, I do reviews with aa419 sometimes and shut down sites that are perpetuating scams. But my argument is simple, Are the victims any better?

You choose to avoid answering that? May I know why?
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by Reverend(m): 7:52pm On May 26, 2006
@Kayzey

The answer is YES, they are 100,000 times better than these scum.

I can not believe that you have anything to do with artists against 419, as they would never allow you to join with your attitude that the victims are also criminals.

What about the:-

Lottery scams
Orphanage donation scams
Tsunami help fund scams
Charity scams

Are all these victims that gave money to these vermin criminals?

If you are really a member of aa419, then give me your handle and I will see you on the site and then we can discuss this issue fully. I am sure that you are not man enough to do that as you have nothing to do with the site.

I am sure that you visit aa419 as you are yourself a scammer and you are checking whether you are listed there.
If you truly are in Malaysia, then that would explain your mentality. There are a load of Nigerians operating scams from that Country!
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by kazey(m): 7:55pm On May 26, 2006
Lolz my attitude? and my attitude would be? You don't have to believe, all you need to do is check their review area and check for the username nairahost.

Lottery scams -> Why would you win in a lottery you never participated in?
Orphanage donation scams-> Why would you donate to an organisation that is spamming your inbox?
Tsunami help fund scams-> Why would you donate to an organisation that is spamming your inbox?
Charity scams-> Why would you donate to an organisation that is spamming your inbox?

By the way , so now you are attacking me? smiley
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by Reverend(m): 8:07pm On May 26, 2006
@ Kazey

I found your articles on hosting fraudulent bank sites etc. I can not find you as a member of aa419 though.

Anyway, you should know better. How many young people reading the rubbish written by the likes of Kimba and several other degenerates that will get them thinking that it is OK to steal and defraud people as they deserve it.

It is totally irresponsible and you should try and set an example!
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by kazey(m): 8:09pm On May 26, 2006
My id is nairahost not kazey, It was a mistake.

Kimba is objective, but there is some inaccurancy in his statement in regards to his conclusion that a lot of Nigerians are scammish besides 419 originating from Nigeria.
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by baby4u2(f): 8:20pm On May 26, 2006
how wont they focus on Nigerian criminals. you know sometimes when one finds a core competence they do it better than others. 419ers have reached higher levels already. i was laughing so hard today, i found out one senator in America got duped of $100,000 by a nigerian and his in big trouble himself. plus the nigerian guy cannot be found. when one heres u're a nigerian they automatically think ur about to dupe them, and trust we niaja's in America, as we like to feel bigger than the other Africans. that label 419 just spoils everything.
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by sonics(m): 8:28pm On May 26, 2006
yeah!!!! it's true the rate of fraudulent people in tne contry has really stepped up to the point that it is now a daily routine or a kind of employment oppotunity for some hoodlums nowadays, effcc has to do something very fast about this or else each nigerian will be a victim of this fraudsters cause its been experimented that for evry unemployment or retrenchment or idle mind there comes a 419er.
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by kazey(m): 8:33pm On May 26, 2006
But lets do a honest analysis. Nigeria vs USA. How much is lost to fraudulent activities yearly to those countries? Anybody willing to help?

http://www.fraud.org/2005_Internet_Fraud_Report.pdf would be a good start.
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by gbadex1(m): 8:39pm On May 26, 2006
sonics:

yeah!!!! it's true the rate of fraudulent people in tne contry has really stepped up to the point that it is now a daily routine or a kind of employment oppotunity for some hoodlums nowadays, effcc has to do something very fast about this or else each nigerian will be a victim of this fraudsters cause its been experimented that for evry unemployment or retrenchment or idle mind there comes a 419er.

true talk, but at the same time people should start creating employment opportunities for themselves rather than waiting for government to do that. it's high time, Nigerians employ themselves, look for opportunities and be theier own boss. the time of looking for jobs and sh** like that is past gone. on one hand, i think the government should make people self-sufficient and self-reliant, people shouldn't be depending on the government for everything. the people should be the power-house for the economy not the other way round.

i think like this, 419ers would be discouraged and stupid sh** like that would be reduced drastically. at the same time, to curb this eye sore, the government should place laws, upon these cafes that entertain andd accomodate 419ers, and all cafes. laws that would curb fraud, discourage cafe personnel from accomodating fraudsters and leaving them at the mercy of the police and EFCC.
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by Ashiwaju(m): 11:02pm On May 26, 2006
@ Reverend

why Crusify Kimba and Kayzey? Why not back off, Read their post over again and you would know these people aint in support of 419, you both are fighting for a just cause, why slander or vilify them? They are only speaking their minds you know.

In my opinion, i really dont believe all the dupped or maga are greedy, we dont have the same reasoning with the whites and it wont be strange that they get an email seeking for charity or Assistance (I dont mean BANK loot or these fictituos Mails about NNPC and Benefiaciary nonsense). Some of them are just God Fearing and they really wanna save a soul.
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by spikedcylinder: 12:23am On May 27, 2006
Reverend,no you shoud be ashamed of yourself!Its funny how some people can sit at an elevated position and act God!
I agree with most of what kimba has said.I never saw where he said fraud was a good thing,we have all agreed that it isnt but for heck's sake most people are defrauded simpy because they are greedy!All of you were quick to attack him simpy because you are ina better place and forget the fact that Nigerian economy is bad and there's not much in terms of employment opportunities and such.If those things dont exist in a country,its citizens are bound to turn to crime,there's no two ways to it!Thats just the fact of life!
I really understand why kimba is on the defensive,its his country and he loves it!Same goes for me.Its just like finding out your mother is a thief,would you easily give her up to the police?No way!
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by Mariory(m): 1:52am On May 27, 2006
@kimba
Please do not compare what I said to robbing a bank, unless the bank doesn't actually exist in which case, no it would not be a crime to attempt to steal money from a bank that doesn't exist. Stop wandering about in the dark and look at things in an objective way.

There is no way you can hold victims accountable legally unless the fraudstars are actually in possesion of stolen money. Which as we know is almost always not the case.
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by Ndipe(m): 2:43am On May 27, 2006
C'mon, why are you guys acting as if this is something new? 419 has existed since the 90's, I think, and though I was at first embarrased by the negative publicity surrounding it, when I moved out here, it's all changed. Now, I just shrug my shoulders when someone mentions to me that my country was featured in a damaging documentary or was the highlight of some piece in a Newspaper. So? Is it Nigerians alone that does fraud? In 97, when I was accosted in the elevator by workers in my former company, I retorted, "He who is without sin, let him cast the first stone". And they laughed.

419 has been around, just as corporate embezzlement by the likes of Kenneth Lay, Skilling and the rest of the folks have been perpetuating this inglorious and shameful acts. Give it a break!!
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by spikedcylinder: 2:55am On May 27, 2006
Ndipe,are you saying it shoud be ignored?
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by Ndipe(m): 2:58am On May 27, 2006
I am not saying it should be ignored, but for goodness sake, why should one have hypertension over something that you are not associated with? To me, whether they talk about it on TV for 24 hours a day, it wont bother me at all. For what? Abeg, it is not worth stressing over it.
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by DaHitler(m): 3:05am On May 27, 2006
I don't care if Nigeria's name is dragged through he mud. I don't like this country, and I will never like it. It is fake. So, all the bad news that Nigeria gets is only upsetting to the One Nigeria people.
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by spikedcylinder: 5:13am On May 27, 2006
Ndipe,people handle things quite differently if you havent noticed.While it might not bother you that Nigeria has a bad reputation in the international scene,it gives some people sleepless nights.
Afeni,are you always this bitter?
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by DaHitler(m): 6:09am On May 27, 2006
Only when it comes to the present situation in Nigeria. And even that has some sweet moments (rare).
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by Jakumo(m): 7:02am On May 27, 2006
Kimba you have consistently chosen to ignore the existence of all those 419 victims who responded to email requests for charitable donations sent out by scammers, and who responded by sending money out of the innocent and altruistic desire to help those in need, while being totally unaware that those pleas for charitable donations were fabrications in their entirety, cooked up in the idle and depraved minds of truly evil folks who wouldn't lift a finger to save their own mother if she was in need.

Christianity, Islam and common human decency are powerful motivating factors that propel compassionate human beings to donate to charitable causes, and to do so generously regardless of the race or ethnic origin of those in need. Compassion and human decency are foreign concepts to the 419 leeches you so admire, and so they cynically exploit those admirable qualities in those who posses them, while people like you applaud with glee at the misfortune of the righteous whose sole intent was to help those in need.

To counter my assertion that law-abiding Nigerians are long-term victims of 419 by virtue of the tremendous damage done to the reputation of Nigeria and the knock-on effects that has in terms of lost business opportunities for Nigerians world-wide, you again launch into your predictable bleating that only Nigerians who were directly scammed by other Nigerians can be considered victims, and then deservedly so, in your opinion.

Clearly you do not consider the total denigration of Nigeria's reputation by the 419 scourge to be noteworthy, and this may be due to the fact that you simply don't care how bad Nigeria's image gets, possibly since your line of work is not affected in the slightest by your country's pariah status in the global business community. Please be advised that your blinkered, self-serving opinion is NOT widely held outside of the criminal networks for whom you have appointed yourself as ambassador and official spokesman.
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by kimba(m): 5:46pm On May 27, 2006
hhmmm, can see that this thread is really getting interesting:

@Mr. Filch
Kimba, Kazey and the rest of you who support the actions of the 419 criminals, It just goes to show how far some people have to travel before they become decent, rational people with moral ethics. All I can see here are pathetic musings from a a bunch of ill educated, illiterate morons.
hey, hey, hey, FROM ALL IVE SAID SO FAR, HAS ANY STATEMENT OF MINE INDICATED FOR A FACT THAT IM IN SUPPORT OF THE ACTIONS OF 419 PERPETRATORS?
Or is it that you dont read my replies at all. Cmon Filch, someone of your caliber should learn to be objective.

this is from my last post, didnt you read it?
@Mr. Filch

How many times will I tell you I do not condone the actions of the 419 people? See, I stand not to defend the perpetrators, neither would I defend the victims. And by the way, you didnt answer my questions the first time I asked them.

and what is this supposed to mean?
It just goes to show how far some people have to travel before they become decent, rational people with moral ethics.
You mean Nigerians, until they travel out are not decent, not rational, have no moral ethics? You have nothing racist in mind, or do you, ? That you direct attack the "personality" of everyone that has gone against your views as far as this thread goes, only shoes the level of ignorance you are still entrenched into. I really wonder if you can, in real life, man to man, talk for 10minutes without saying something foul. I think you are racist and very much biased. And you will be in the group of people praising Europe for anything and everything that happens there, good or bad Anyway, let me leave that topic and get back to the discussion.

Although Kazey has asked you some questions in reply to your post, extracted below, and for which you havent answered yet, but let me help him add more pepper to the stew. You say:

Lottery scams
Orphanage donation scams
Tsunami help fund scams
Charity scams

Are all these victims that gave money to these vermin criminals?
So your problem is because you sat in the U.K and donated for a lottery program that never took off in Nigeria or somewhere in Africa, and for which you were never considered a winner? Wont it be so nice to sit in your house and win 10million naira? you sent money down to Nigeria to fund an Orphanage that you later found out didnt exist? The whole world knows Tsunami didnt happen in Nigeria, but you got a letter asking for financial assistance for Tsunami victims in Nigeria and you stupidly sent money do those victims, later you found out it was fake? or maybe they said the HQ office of the Tsunami victims was in Nigeria, but the victims were where the disaster really happened, and you really sent your hard-earned cash down?, You should have been really stupid; You tried helping a Charity in Sudan suddenly for you to find out there was no "such foundation"?

Fine, sorry that you made those mistakes. But have you looked throughout the U.K and you didnt find the Nigerian Embassy to ask them for details of whatever proposals were sent to you? If one of the officials at the Embassy there duped you, then that is another story. But if you made all the mistakes above, do you know Ignorance of the Law is no excuse, Ignorance and stupidity walk hand in hand my friend.

I really appreciate the fact that people like you love Africa so much and you want to send all the money you've got down to Africa for help because they are dying, but sir, before you "believed their report", did you verify from one or two places whether the infos were true? Are there no well-meaning Nigerians where you are, in your neighborhood or in the next, that you could cross-check from, and at least present "the proposal from their country to them", they would surely know better than you, or are all of them a vile set of people too?

And the useless naked pictures you posted on your fake church website, are those the Africans you are helping? Is that your definitions of their "listening to the voice of God emanating from your lips"? As far as im concerned, you are the #1 false-prohet on Nairaland, but lets leave that issue. I know a lot of Britons, Americans foreigners who actually picked their Bible and came down here to offer real-time help, and truly I appreciate them for it. In fact, some of them decided to stay on. At least they saw to it that the money they wanted to give out as Charity was put into good use. Rather than sit down there and talk trash about the people you dont know, dont care of knowing, dont care to help, and as you would think and realize that you get scammed by these same people of a lesser intellectual status than you are, why dont you Shut up, and just Shut up. Please.

and by the way, just to remind you of Kazey's questions:

Lottery scams -> Why would you win in a lottery you never participated in?
Orphanage donation scams-> Why would you donate to an organisation that is spamming your inbox?
Tsunami help fund scams-> Why would you donate to an organisation that is spamming your inbox?
Charity scams-> Why would you donate to an organisation that is spamming your inbox?
If truly, you would want to win a lottery you never participated in, you would still donate to an organization causing a nuisance to your email box, then I think you need to get scammed.

And If i were in charge, as I said before, I'll throw you and the scammer inside the same cell, coz both of you are causing problems for the common man.

@Jakumo
Kimba you have consistently chosen to ignore the existence of all those 419 victims who responded to email requests for charitable donations sent out by scammers, and who responded by sending money out of the innocent and altruistic desire to help those in need, while being totally unaware that those pleas for charitable donations were fabrications in their entirety, cooked up in the idle and depraved minds of truly evil folks who wouldn't lift a finger to save their own mother if she was in need.

I said something on this issue above. But wait, ok, so you received a letter that there was an earth-quake somewhere in Africa, and that 70,000 people have died, and that the hospitals are filled etc., and tears start streaming down your cheeks, "oh, see the creations of God dying", and quickly, you call your bank: "please, can you transfer £2,000 into so and so account?", and after the money gets wired, you finally pick up the newspaper, take a look at the News and find out nothing of such happened in Africa.

Let me put it like this: Man by nature would want to play on the intelligence of his fellow man. This cuts across the lines of race, country, religion, polity, family, etc., or whatever. Assuming you are in the U.K, and you get such a heart-wrenching letter, note that the account where the money is to be transferred to is usually in Europe or America, not in some no-NEPA bank in Nigeria where the disaster really happened. With all the technology available, cant you check out the details(who owns what account) of the bank account you are to transfer money into/at least cross-check here and there, as long as you dont know, neither have you seen the person you have been communicating with, and its not that you gave out the money as cash. #2) I find it so surprising that in such a scenario, with the amount of Nigerians and Africans abroad, you cant find out from one person or the other to give you an advice/at least take 2-extra looks at the proposal before you, even if it is a business proposal, #3) are there no authorities in place to get relevant information from? #4) with the multitude of Nigerians, Africans(pure/mixed) outside Africa at the moment, even if you as a person cannot trust an African you can see with your two eyes, why should you trust another African you can see only through email?

I know its all easy, especially if one is filled with as much compassion as Mr. Filch grin grin grin, the only thing is that he hasnt answered me as par the financial status of the naked people whose pictures are on his website.

As we are discussing here on NL, note that people are still getting scammed real-time, with all the infos going around, with the general awareness of the 419+Nigeria epidemic, with all the advices that people should be careful as far as money and business is concerned, the truth is you cant totally claim "i didnt know".

If the 419 awareness has gone global, how much hotter should it be in Nigeria, and dont you know people still get scammed right inside Nigeria, forget even about the rest of Africa. It would have been better if everyone in Nigeria by now are street smart, as far as 419/fee fraud is concerned, but thats not the truth. And as I said in an earlier post, its not new. What we have today is only a "technology applied" whatever of the days of the "con man".

To counter my assertion that law-abiding Nigerians are long-term victims of 419 by virtue of the tremendous damage done to the reputation of Nigeria and the knock-on effects that has in terms of lost business opportunities for Nigerians world-wide, you again launch into your predictable bleating that only Nigerians who were directly scammed by other Nigerians can be considered victims, and then deservedly so, in your opinion.
See, not only the law-abiding innocent Nigerians, even the generations of Nigerians yet to come will feel the effect. I said
@Jakumo

Kimba you must try to understand that HONEST and LAW ABIDING Nigerians are ironically some of the greatest long-term victims of the 419 crime-wave because of they lose business opportunities and credibility everywhere they go in the world as a direct result of the mortal damage done to the reputation of ALL Nigerians by those unrepentant career fraudsters you defend so passionately in your writing
Jakumo, cmon, you should think better than what you are saying:
1) Honest and Law Abiding Nigerians are ironically some of the greatest long-term victims of 419 crime-wave?
(1) That is pure bull. It just doesnt sync together. If you are honest and law-abiding, what made you interested in Advanced Fee Fraud? What was so interesting as to catch your interest in the loot of some dead Minister of Finance in some country you don't know about? Did you work for the money to be transfered into your account? if truly you are Honest and Law Abiding.
read the above again.
Forget the Nigerian or whoever, The truth is, if you are a law-abiding human being on planet earth and you are still interested in Advanced Free Fraud, because of the potential gains, forget it, you are guilty.

@Jakumo
Clearly you do not consider the total denigration of Nigeria's reputation by the 419 scourge to be noteworthy, and this may be due to the fact that you simply don't care how bad Nigeria's image gets, possibly since your line of work is not affected in the slightest by your country's pariah status in the global business community. Please be advised that your blinkered, self-serving opinion is NOT widely held outside of the criminal networks for whom you have appointed yourself as ambassador and official spokesman.

When/where did I tell you that I didnt consider the denigration of Nigeria's reputation by the 419 scourge as noteworthy?
=>do you think its easy been looked at twice or thrice at the Airport once you are seen carrying a Nigerian passport?
=>do you know that for the fact that one could be labelled a "temporary suspect" is enough problem to deal with? =>what happened to innocent Arab Americans travelling to and fro after Sept11? they didnt find it easy, yet they did nothing wrong.
=>Why do you think many Nigerians if they have the opportunity and legal means would want to travel into and out of Nigeria with a passport other than the Nigerian green? is it because they arent patriotic? is it that they are criminals? or that they would rather choose to stay out of trouble by all means and avoid been labelled as suspects? I had a cousin who travelled to Cali, about 2years ago to attend a training programme on behalf of his company. Can you believe that he was followed, he was tailed by an American airport officer, right from Nigeria to where he was going, just because they thought he looked "somehow".

hhmmmm, my post is getting really long, but let me end with this:
Let me tell you a little story: Have you tried crossing the Nigerian border into Seme, cotonou, Accra by foot, i mean walking across the border, yes you drive in between? I once had a serious argument with some white-folks, a mixture of tourists and UN officers. I was there waiting with others on the line while the immigration/foreign affairs/border officers scrutinized every reason why the person in front needed to leave Mile 2, in Lagos. Here comes like 13 white folks(male/female) with a Nigerian walking in front of them, holding all their passports and other documents, all of them walk straight to the officer at the counter, give him the passports etc. I noticed, a $10 bill was inserted into every passport of our white folks. $10 approx N1,300, so ure talking something way over Ten-Thousand Naira. Very quickly, the officer at the counter collects them and in a cool and swavy fashion, extracts all the $10bills, packs the documents of those of us on the queue aside and starts attending to the newcomers. After the travel document verification, theres supposed to be a body-search. I couldnt take it, so I waited until their documents were in "processing stage" before I decided to make a scene. I made a so serious scene and I believe those white-folks will never forget it. I first started with the man at the counter, asked him what he extracted from the passports. He replies, asking me if I have a problem. So I say "yes I do". Next i started on their Nigerian counterpart, and then with the white-folks themselves. I accused all of them directly of bribery and corruption. The manager had to interfere including some police-officers who had thought to arrest me, I brought out my Passport and ID-Card, they mellowed down, and then the counter officers started apologizing. The white-folks definitely knew what they did was wrong and I was later informed that they crossed to and fro, at least once a month. Now, these are the same white-folks who would go back to wherever and open their mouths saying that Nigeria is corrupt. Thats what im saying, both those who encourage evil and those who go and perpetrate the evil should be dealt with In a sense, the white-folks would make life difficult for the well-meaning innocent ones going on a journey. The officer at the counter definitely didnt re-appear until I left. To cut the story short, at least I saw to it that their $10 bills were returned, they fell in line behind all the others, and everybody got screened without "appreciation fees"

My opinions are not self-serving, Jakumo, im just telling you the cold-truth, and yes, my line of work is sometimes affected by "the eye with which the international community looks at Nigerians". Im just putting issues on the table and looking at them squarely. If you want to eradicate the fire, deal with the fire, deal with the smoke, deal with the fuel and the wood. If possible, cement the ground where the fire frequently burns!!!

Then we all would have Peace.
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by gidig(m): 8:08pm On May 27, 2006
Much as Kimba has been criticised for his initial response, I would like to state that some of what he said his true,which mamaput buttressed as some point.It takes a certain level of greed to cooperate with this 419 people.The dmaage they are doing to our repu as Nigerain is incalculable and beyond what the EFCC is doing, there should be a more structured attempt at getting to those who do it on a consistent basis.The amount of negative imapct they have created for genuine business people is incalculable.

Just two months ago,I needed a quote from a company our client wanted some service for in South Africa. No sooner had I placed the call than the guy on the otehr end asked what part of west Africa I as calling from(the service is weather dependent).I mentioned Nigeria and he was almost calling the deal off.It took all of the assurances I could muster with a plea that I was not asking him for anything but that the information be sent to my box.Of course when he gave his quote, our payment term will be different since I am Nigerian.I was to make full payment before they come with their equipment;not part but all the money or the deal was off.

Now, for something that the internet will have helped implement,I may have to travel thousands of mile to show that we mean business.

What irks me more is that most of the 419 people are not particularly intelligent and It beats me how people fall for their scams.One called theother day and said he was a NNPC director with a contract for us.His English was so very, and someone will fall for that?

We really have to do more and deal with the big fishes in this business(thank God some are being arrested) as well as the numerous people who do these from the cybercafes with hope of a big paydayThey are the one who are most visible and can be beaten by sites like 419eaters.
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by Reverend(m): 10:12pm On May 27, 2006
@ Kimba

I am sure that you are sniffing something as according to your incredibly long and pathetic ramblings above there can be no other reason. So white men crossing the border are the reason for 419 in Nigeria?

I have heard enough, there is really no hope for people like you other than maybe that you are booked in for a full frontal labotomy. But by the way to spew nonsense out of your mouth I take it that you already had this done quite a while ago.

You are a very poor excuse for a Nigerian if ever there was one.

Carry on scamming Kimba!
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by Ashiwaju(m): 12:50am On May 28, 2006
@ Kimba

As much as you are trying to make and state your point,i hate to admit that you haven't made any point at all. You have only manipulated those question to suit your answers. No Doubt, you aint one of the yahoo boys but i still dont believe all the westerners are greedy, they are just soft minded and they are passionate. Take it or leave it. Not all the so called maga is worth being dupped.

Tell me something, would you be a maga for donating to a begger on the street? or would you be a mugu for paying thigt in the church? please and please not all these people are greedy. Some are just God fearing and they really wanna help.
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by Jakumo(m): 2:16pm On May 28, 2006
Our man Kimba would make an excellent third-world perennial loser politician as he hunts and pecks intently at his keyboard to fill endless pages dense with irrelevant anecdotes, meandering pointless asides and broken-record rehashes of stale falsehood, demonstrating that he doggedly aspires, despite his abysmal and unintentionally humorous communication skills, to live up to that old soap-box speech-writer's  maxim : " If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, at least try to baffle them with bullshit ".
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by mamaput(f): 3:13pm On May 28, 2006
Ashiwaju:

@ Kimba

. No Doubt, you aint one of the yahoo boys but i still don't believe all the westerners are greedy, they are just soft minded and they are passionate. Take it or leave it. Not all the so called maga is worth being dupped.

Dont make me laugh .
Re: Why Are People Focusing On Nigerian Criminals? by kimba(m): 7:00pm On May 30, 2006
@Mr. Filch
Ok, since you assume I have been sniffing something, kindly tell me what ive been sniffing?

Its like this: If you Mr. Filch could be duped by a mugu, then you are worse than a mugu.

and pls dont take things too personal.
I wont reply you, foul-language for foul-language. Thats not the way I was trained.

@Ashiwaju
No Doubt, you aint one of the yahoo boys but i still don't believe all the westerners are greedy, they are just soft minded and they are passionate. Take it or leave it. Not all the so called maga is worth being dupped.

Tell me something, would you be a maga for donating to a begger on the street? or would you be a mugu for paying thigt in the church? please and please not all these people are greedy. Some are just God fearing and they really want to help.
So the Nigerians that have been duped are also so soft-hearted, as the white man who doesnt know when to distinguish between a reality and a fake?

I wont be a maga for donating to a beggar on the street. Seriously, I prefer to buy them the food they can eat or give them a shirt or two of mine, or buy new stuffs for them, but most often, i dont give beggars money. I definitely know that if they had their way, they wont be begging. The reason, especially in Nigeria, you know some of them are actually in full time begging-employement. Many of those who close their eyes on the street are not actually blind, ive verified a lot oh, besides, whats the use of giving money to a beggar who would use it to go and smoke and kill himself/herself?

Yes, a whole lot of peeps are God fearing and really want to help, but you know God doesnt endorse ignorance. God does not encourage aiding and abetting. Even if we might pity them and "have mercy", maybe God might be looking down and saying "I expected you to be more reasonable than that". And to the actual scammers, their day of reckoning will soon arrive.

@Jakumo
Our man Kimba would make an excellent third-world perennial loser politician as he hunts and pecks intently at his keyboard to fill endless pages dense with irrelevant anecdotes, meandering pointless asides and broken-record rehashes of stale falsehood, demonstrating that he doggedly aspires, despite his abysmal and unintentionally humorous communication skills, to live up to that old soap-box speech-writer's maxim : " If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, at least try to baffle them with bullshit ".
Too many adjectives and your sentence is too long. Anyway, if you thought I was not making a point, well, re-read my posts again, and get the biases out of your head.

------------
Let me ask all of you a question:
Q) A lot of ants eating sugar off the sugar jar, causing a nuisance on the table. How would you choose to solve the problem.
shoot,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Would Have Disintegrated But For Prayers — Jonathan / We Are Not Easterners Anymore! / See Rage, As Nnamdi Kanu Says No To Secret Trial(pics).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.