Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,614 members, 7,816,521 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt (18230 Views)

Rented Crowd Protesting At PDP Secretariat In Benin / FCT Workers Protesting At FCDA Secretariat In Abuja(Pictures) / Pictures Of Hired Youths Protesting Against Subsidy Probe Panel’s Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by AroOkigbo(m): 1:05pm On Jul 16, 2013
DICKtator: PROTESTING WHAT?
grin grin grin grin
Their INABILITY TO SCALE THROUGH Shell recruitment exam.
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by deeptesting(m): 1:07pm On Jul 16, 2013
They have the right to protest but it should be done in a civilized manner and not blocking roads preventing other citizens from going about their civic responsibilities.
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by TheMatrix3: 1:07pm On Jul 16, 2013
CHeck CNN for inside story. Meanwhile its a little too late
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by Super1759: 1:07pm On Jul 16, 2013
Maxymilliano: Most of the protesting youths are unemployable ...

I don't want to agree with you. Even the ones working are paid peanuts, I have friends working in indigenous oil companies. And with the syndrome of companies using ur grade in school and age to employ, many stand out particularly in age. This bring my point, why will companies have age limit in recruitment exercises? Is that how it is done in other countries?

1 Like

Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jul 16, 2013
Akanbi_edu: Those youth deserve to be shot.
ma boil z boilin...pray 4 4giveness
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by prodam(m): 1:09pm On Jul 16, 2013
Who will take a protest from that area serious?
I believe in proving yourself intelligently by being civil and tendering reasonable petitions.
Little did they know that, shell is more important to the government.
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jul 16, 2013
T.B. Joshua prophecy coming to pass. Watch out for the full version. This country must get real heated up!
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 16, 2013
Other states will soon follow get your flags ready!
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 16, 2013
deeptesting: They have the right to protest but it should be done in a civilized manner and not blocking roads preventing other citizens from going about their civic responsibilities.
When has that happened in Nigeria? You are speaking as though Nigerians can conduct themselves during protest.
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 1:13pm On Jul 16, 2013
bloggernaija: Comon go ahead make una destroy everything pata pata
More business for Lagos ,even Ibadan can attract some if the governor ups his game a little bit more.
na shell be your papa or na shell be the federal government wey suppose provide security electricity and other infrastructure for job creation.
same thng ll happpen thruout d country...lagos or no lagos
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by superior3: 1:15pm On Jul 16, 2013
Aro Okigbo:
Their INABILITY TO SCALE THROUGH Shell recruitment exam.
The Shell recruitment exams are usually leaked to the children of the high and mighty in the society leaving the graduates from the community to appear they are not able to pass the exams.
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by ijawkid(m): 1:17pm On Jul 16, 2013
grin grin.....cheiii.....shl and numericals don show my people real pepper......
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by Zither(m): 1:17pm On Jul 16, 2013
Akanbi_edu: Those youth deserve to be shot.
Your response to the plight of youths who seek to be gainfully employed is extremely pathetic. You would rather have them die for seeking to be useful to themselves and the society by having them killed? It is either you are a toddler or still tied to your mother's apron string...that is why you have no sympathy for their plight that they seek to redress......

Maybe you would rather have them turn to less dignifying means of sustenance like robbery and kidnapping among others before you realize their need to be employed...

BTW, what is your reason for advocating death sentence for them? Do you have a stake in the company in question? Is it your father's?

Just imagine the billions that are looted daily by those in the corridors of power yet they find it difficult to provide a decent means of earning income for the masses...

Why should that be? Nigeria, among the largest oil producers in the world, cannot boast of providing the simple basic necessities of her citizens..........

4 Likes

Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by Raypawer(m): 1:20pm On Jul 16, 2013
Imanuelle: And at the end.......
what will happen ?

ASK GOOGLE!
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by adetsim(m): 1:21pm On Jul 16, 2013
ebamma 3: we the citizens are responsible for nigeria's backwardness not the politician, from supporting a politician simply because he is from your zone or religion,
to voting a party simply because u were dashed bags of rice
u will never hear that saudis, qataris, kuwaitis, venezuelans, or russian citizens who are all oil producing countries are protesting because their village graduates have not gained employment in their oil companies #smh for dis country

I like your reasoning. Until we, Nigerians begin to use our medular obloganta to think like this, the sky may be our limit for all these sufferings.
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by Jarus(m): 1:22pm On Jul 16, 2013
I have always said these Niger Delta boys are over pampered.
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by Jarus(m): 1:23pm On Jul 16, 2013
$uperior:

The Shell recruitment exams are usually leaked to the children of the high and mighty in the society leaving the graduates from the community to appear they are not able to pass the exams.

I have friends from teh poorest of homes you can think of getting Shell job. Tell me another story.

I still hold that Shell is one of the most merit-driven organizations we have around. I made that known in a recent article: http://jarushub.com/2013/05/11/shell-recruitment-day-srd-a-note-and-review/

2 Likes

Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by bc4love(m): 1:24pm On Jul 16, 2013
Youths should be shot? Firstly, I know you must have been treated at YABA left before, or AROO Abeokuta. Secondly you should be checked if you and your families are not members of BOKO HARAM. Thirdly you should be kept in the prison pending the youth's yearnings and aspirations in Nigeria will be resolved. I submit

1 Like

Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jul 16, 2013
nitrogen:
And so? why could they(graduates from that area) not pass the simple aptitude tests? So, the un-employable wants to be gainfully employed? Nawa o! Let us face it, it is all business for graduates from that part of Nigeria jare.

may God have mercy on you!
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by fkaz(m): 1:26pm On Jul 16, 2013
Maxymilliano: Most of the protesting youths are unemployable ...

What are the requirement HR?

1 Like

Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by Jarus(m): 1:27pm On Jul 16, 2013
You cannot blackmail Shell to giving you job simply because they operate in your community. They give you scholarships, sponsored you in school, etc, yet they want to be spoonfed.

I won Chevron scholarship when I was in school. While 5 of us won from Kwara (a non-oil state), at least 25 students were awarded in each of these oil producing states. I don't have problem with that.

I work in the sector and I know how virtually every local contracts were awarded to the host communities in addition to the various 'homages' to their community rulers. Abeg these boys are being overpampered.

4 Likes

Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by coputa(m): 1:29pm On Jul 16, 2013
They should protest,enough of this cheating..what would you expect when the head of human resources is from a section of this country,they will fill the vacant post with their brothers,who are not even qualified for it, at the detriment of thier host,not to mention federal appointments/placements....when will all this tribal cheating stop....

1 Like

Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by megainvest: 1:34pm On Jul 16, 2013
Our nation is full of visionless people: leaders and followers alike! Tell me why everyone is in a frenzy over the subsurface treasures (oil and gas) while the surface treasures in form of agriculture and the like are "conspicuously" neglected. Tell me why able minded and able bodied youths cannot think beyond oil? Why is everybody's head stuck in the mud when we can breathe fresh air on the surface?

It is the government's lot to provide an enabling environment for development and not Shell or Total's. They have paid their taxes and done their part. Over to the government. If these youths are really serious, they should take their demands to Amaechi and the others in government.
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by Afam4eva(m): 1:38pm On Jul 16, 2013
Donalð Genes: Just heard it now on Nigeriainfo fm that some youths are blocking shell around that Rumuikishi axis where probably shell operates calling for youths to be employed that they can't take such rubbish anymore..especially those who couldn't scale through the recent shell online graduate recruitment..guys are vexing...enough is enough.
More update still coming though but if you reside within that Rumuikishi axis you can update the house..
Isn't not Shell camp that's in Rumukrushi? The company is not located there.
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jul 16, 2013
if these boys boys cannot get work in nnpc, shell, chevron, at their backyard will they get it in customs or immigration where you have northerners? armed forces where you equally have northerners and recently easterners, civil service and ministries where you have westerners? even the private sector they are finding it difficult to breath, the men hardly marry these days, its only thier women that get married. there is a meticulous, crafty, calculated effort to enstinguish these guys from the face of the earth. check what Akanbi said to confirm. these people protesting whether you like it or not are trained graduates of universities, forget all these talk about them being unemployable (a fat lie from the pit of hell). some of these HR guys instead employing people from these oil niger delta regions to take up vacant positions, they keep them and wait for friends and families to complete their b.sc, m.sc, other programs for them (friends and family to fill and occupy the vacant positions).

2 Likes

Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by LawErons: 1:39pm On Jul 16, 2013
I think the tentacles of revolution is beginning to spread. Warning to all our leaders!
it is wrong to assume setting fire in a small portion of bush will not spread to other parts
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by CCIECLASS: 1:40pm On Jul 16, 2013
The truth is that, there are a lot of youths already working in shell, shell has the largest employee rate in the country for an oil and gas company. a company cannot employ everyone. some disgruntled youths are unhappy and decide to prevent everyone from working. face the government first, before you face a private firm. i work with shell and i can tell you currently we have over 20,000 so called youths working as contract staff with shell, tell me which other oil and gas company employs that much.

1 Like

Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by coputa(m): 1:42pm On Jul 16, 2013
Even if the youths in the host communities failed the aptitude test..they should be employed and trained,they will do better..they should be allowed to partake in reaping the benefit of their God given resources like others,

1 Like

Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by kodewrita(m): 1:44pm On Jul 16, 2013
Climb every mountain.
Ford Every Stream.
Follow every by way ....

{Dont mind me, I deleted the content here and replaced with a hymn. Enjoy your debates. }
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by deletrue: 1:46pm On Jul 16, 2013
bloggernaija: Comon go ahead make una destroy everything pata pata
More business for Lagos ,even Ibadan can attract some if the governor ups his game a little bit more.
na shell be your papa or na shell be the federal government wey suppose provide security electricity and other infrastructure for job creation.
That is one best response to the stupid youths. The problems of the youths are not caused by shell. Your parents as well as yourselves should be blaim. You fail test, for that you are rejected. Go and work hard.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Kerry Discussed With Buhari And Governors / How To Identify Suicide Bombers – Buratai / See The Houses I Saw In A Village In Imo State Today - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.