Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,199 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt (18228 Views)

Rented Crowd Protesting At PDP Secretariat In Benin / FCT Workers Protesting At FCDA Secretariat In Abuja(Pictures) / Pictures Of Hired Youths Protesting Against Subsidy Probe Panel’s Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by ibiso1986: 3:47pm On Jul 16, 2013
CCIECLASS: The truth is that, there are a lot of youths already working in shell, shell has the largest employee rate in the country for an oil and gas company. a company cannot employ everyone. some disgruntled youths are unhappy and decide to prevent everyone from working. face the government first, before you face a private firm. i work with shell and i can tell you currently we have over 20,000 so called youths working as contract staff with shell, tell me which other oil and gas company employs that much.
bros, wat about the permanent staffs.. The bigger positions are occupied by non indigenes.. Hope u know dat
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by ibiso1986: 3:49pm On Jul 16, 2013
coputa: Even if the youths in the host communities failed the aptitude test..they should be employed and trained,they will do better..they should be allowed to partake in reaping the benefit of their God given resources like others,
thank u very much my brother
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by ibiso1986: 3:50pm On Jul 16, 2013
coputa: Even if the youths in the host communities failed the aptitude test..they should be employed and trained,they will do better..they should be allowed to partake in reaping the benefit of their God given resources like others,
thank u very much my brother..
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by lonamy: 3:57pm On Jul 16, 2013
lets solve this simple mathematics. shell is an engineering company. engineering gtaduates are required. please who can get us statistics of Nigerian graduates over the past ten years and how many engineering graduates with minimum of 2-2 are from each geopolitical zone. I'm from the middle belt, I can bet you 70% will come from south west and south east.

so do you expect shell to employ political scientist to do well engineering jobs. think, think, think.
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by ibiso1986: 3:59pm On Jul 16, 2013
lonamy: what really surprised me is the fact that, these angry youths don't have what it takes to be employed. they don't have quality education, the kind of education in the south south is amazing.
ordinary shl test they can not pass, even the few that try to scape cut off marks, you will vomit while interviewing them, they don't have the qualities, imaging what they are fighting for, that is to show their level of intellegence.

well shell is already planning to sell off her assets in port harcourt as they did in warri and warri is now a ghost town. I think in another 2-3 years shell must have completed all the sales of her assets and move to Lagos finally. this call by the youths is a catalyst to shell's plan to leave port harcourt. youths you are fighting the battle you can never win, instead go back to your elders and ask what they did to the money they could have used to give you the quality education that could have made you employeable anywhere in the world. to be very frank with you, you don't have the qualities, shikenah.
guy, I'm from rivers.. Though its true that some youths don't have the qualities, but not all, the ones that have the qualities don't fight for their right.. Have they tried interviewing some educated peeps from the riverrine part of rivers state that experienced colonisation.. U just might be surprised.. Chikena
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by lonamy: 4:08pm On Jul 16, 2013
the lecturers in the universities such as uniport are not helping matters. by demanding money for marks from guys and pussy for grades from girls, they are gradually spoiling the future of these people, that is why they are not employable. the school didn't really pass through them, because what it takes to have 2-1 is money and pussy.

if you don't sleep with lecturer no NYSC, if you don't pay you can't graduate. all I need to do is to gain admission, do business make money to settle my lecturers, why wasting time sitting down to listen to any boring lecturer.

when I graduate with 2-1 I will get a job.

I have this question for you guys, why do you sell your job slots to Yoruba people. there are jobs meant for the community in the oil and gas but you go ahead selling the jobs to more than 3 people. eventhoug the job may be contract job initially, but most of those jobs were converted to full staff jobs after few years. I think you have sold your birth right long ago.
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by ocelot2006(m): 4:10pm On Jul 16, 2013
I got to work with these youths once during my internship with SPDC, and i'll say this: some of them are LAZY BUMS (that's right, I said). Rather than use the rare oppourtunity given to them to build on their technical skills, they preferred to turn up at their duty posts only when the monthly salaries are paid.
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by ocelot2006(m): 4:18pm On Jul 16, 2013
ibiso1986: bros, wat about the permanent staffs.. The bigger positions are occupied by non indigenes.. Hope u know dat

Down here in Akwa Ibom, Exxon Mobil is controlled by the Yorubas. Yet you don't see or read about Akwa Ibomites establish blockades in Eket to protest that fact, even though it sucks big time. I totally agree that oil coys MUST consider the idigenes of the host communities/stated first before anyone else. But the youths MUST also be ready to build on the much needed skills.

1 Like

Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jul 16, 2013
Must they work in Shell..?
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by lonamy: 4:34pm On Jul 16, 2013
ibiso1986: guy, I'm from rivers.. Though its true that some youths don't have the qualities, but not all, the ones that have the qualities don't fight for their right.. Have they tried interviewing some educated peeps from the riverrine part of rivers state that experienced colonisation.. U just might be surprised.. Chikena

you are very correct. I know some of jumbo family, I have watched the interview of a prince of opobo, I find it difficult to understand what has happened to the educational decay, massively, to this region. the colonial era people you talked about experienced quality education, and that's is what I'm talking about. I did not say all are the same, of course I've met people from south south that are exceptional,but my issue is that it is very low. it is expected to be very high.

I really love what amaechi has done so far especially in the educational sector of rivers state, the beautiful schools and the rapid development. if peter odili did 10% of what amaechi did by now rivers should have become a little London in Nigeria but what do we have, waste and hatred to the performing governor. a lot need to be done. we need to go back to correct the foundation but unfortunately shell may have left port harcourt before this fundamental decredence would have been addressed. sorry dear.
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by lonamy: 4:38pm On Jul 16, 2013
ocelot2006: I got to work with these youths once during my internship with SPDC, and i'll say this: some of them are LAZY BUMS (that's right, I said). Rather than use the rare oppourtunity given to them to build on their technical skills, they preferred to turn up at their duty posts only when the monthly salaries are paid.

very lazy my dear.
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by samilo88(m): 4:49pm On Jul 16, 2013
lonamy: what really surprised me is the fact that, these angry youths don't have what it takes to be employed. they don't have quality education, the kind of education in the south south is amazing.
ordinary shl test they can not pass, even the few that try to scape cut off marks, you will vomit while interviewing them, they don't have the qualities, imaging what they are fighting for, that is to show their level of intellegence.

well shell is already planning to sell off her assets in port harcourt as they did in warri and warri is now a ghost town. I think in another 2-3 years shell must have completed all the sales of her assets and move to Lagos finally. this call by the youths is a catalyst to shell's plan to leave port harcourt. youths you are fighting the battle you can never win, instead go back to your elders and ask what they did to the money they could have used to give you the quality education that could have made you employeable anywhere in the world. to be very frank with you, you don't have the qualities, shikenah.
You are a big fool. To think that this rubbish is coming from someone who is married for 10yrs. Now I see what is really causing your premature expulsion like you posted in another thread. Your brain is screwed backwards, until you develop some senses and quit thinking like a toddler, you might just continue on your 5secs sexual thrill. Your problem is a psychological one.
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by samilo88(m): 4:49pm On Jul 16, 2013

You are a big fool. To think that this rubbish is coming from someone who is married for 10yrs. Now I see what is really causing your premature expulsion like you posted in another thread. Your brain is screwed backwards, until you develop some senses and quit thinking like a toddler, you might just continue on your 5secs sexual thrill. Your problem is a psychological one.
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jul 16, 2013
lonamy: lets solve this simple mathematics. shell is an engineering company. engineering gtaduates are required. please who can get us statistics of Nigerian graduates over the past ten years and how many engineering graduates with minimum of 2-2 are from each geopolitical zone. I'm from the middle belt, I can bet you 70% will come from south west and south east.

so do you expect shell to employ political scientist to do well engineering jobs. think, think, think.
in the first place peeps from niger delta are generally and constantly denied admission into universities to study engineering...in most they have to change their state their state of origin to northern state before they are taken seriously....this is carefully calculated effort to emasculate this people...very cruel and barbaric

1 Like

Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by infohenry(m): 5:04pm On Jul 16, 2013
nitrogen:
And so? why could they(graduates from that area) not pass the simple aptitude tests? So, the un-employable wants to be gainfully employed? Nawa o! Let us face it, it is all business for graduates from that part of Nigeria jare.
Keep quite if you don't know what to say, who told you that. You know nothing about Spdc employment, it is all about ethnicity and who do you know. Have you ask why the scrapped SITP?
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by infohenry(m): 5:10pm On Jul 16, 2013
emmanuel4758: and let me respond ur silly quote wy must dey protest do u think it can do us good remember wat is hapenin in egypt now ,because dis is nt peaceful protest let me call it militia protest cus dey ar beatin innocent people mercilessly so shotin dem is like shootin militant nt civilian abeg gudluck take action and send some airforce to dislodge dem.proud to be 9ija
Bloody liar, am there right now, not that i support them but they are not violent both police and army are here with them.
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by barikay: 5:13pm On Jul 16, 2013
it baffles me how we allow hatred and tribalism to influence our reasoning. Unemployment is what d entire youth in Nig. has been crying about in recent time. This is not d first protest and wil nt be d last. Some of d youth are not employable, agreed. What happen to those less skills job? Aren,t d locals suppose to benefit from it?
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by texazzpete(m): 5:15pm On Jul 16, 2013
ibiso1986: guy, I'm from rivers.. Though its true that some youths don't have the qualities, but not all, the ones that have the qualities don't fight for their right.. Have they tried interviewing some educated peeps from the riverrine part of rivers state that experienced colonisation.. U just might be surprised.. Chikena

Don't be a dolt. They don't have too go to riverine areas to interview anybody. They advertise vacancies in papers and all online job forums.
If your much vaunted intelligent folks cannot be bothered to apply, write the test, pass and go for the interviews, they've got no reason to complain.

it beats my imagination the lies you people tell to yourselves. Face the facts, the vast majority of the youths in these sort of protests are NOT graduates. And not all graduates must be employed.

Advise your brothers to educate themselves and ensure they are fit for gainful employment in other areas...it must not always be about oil.

4 Likes

Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by texazzpete(m): 5:17pm On Jul 16, 2013
$uperior:

The Shell recruitment exams are usually leaked to the children of the high and mighty in the society leaving the graduates from the community to appear they are not able to pass the exams.

This is usually the sentiment expressed by people who are too dull to pass the exams.
Stop trying to blame third parties for your failings.

3 Likes

Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by nitrogen(m): 5:17pm On Jul 16, 2013
ibiso1986: are u trying to say all rivers youths are un-employable.. So dumb.. And where are u from if I may ask
You made that conclusion, I only said 'the unemployable wants to be gainfully employed', don't be surprised that those employable are in their offices watching, while their idle counterparts are street roaming. So, next time, comprehend before you comment.

Ps: Your dullness is even of the highest order.
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by infohenry(m): 5:19pm On Jul 16, 2013
CCIECLASS: The truth is that, there are a lot of youths already working in shell, shell has the largest employee rate in the country for an oil and gas company. a company cannot employ everyone. some disgruntled youths are unhappy and decide to prevent everyone from working. face the government first, before you face a private firm. i work with shell and i can tell you currently we have over 20,000 so called youths working as contract staff with shell, tell me which other oil and gas company employs that much.
Earning 30000 a month in ph where self contain goes as much as 250000 per annum and you pay 2 years advance, brother i pity those guys abeg.
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by wayodude(m): 5:19pm On Jul 16, 2013
This is why all the big players in oil and gas are beginning to divest. My company said lie lie they're not doing any business in Naija for the forseeable future LoL

And for all those who say 'we dont care! they should go' Please take a closer look at NNPC cheesy ...doesnt that fill you with pride? hahaha
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by nitrogen(m): 5:21pm On Jul 16, 2013
info henry:
Keep quite if you don't know what to say, who told you that. You know nothing about Spdc employment, it is all about ethnicity and who do you know. Have you ask why the scrapped SITP?
Quite clear that you just finished the rally....... sorry, your so-called protest, I pity you, you better go and make yourself employable so that you can reap the benefits of the land.
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by DonaldGenes(m): 5:25pm On Jul 16, 2013
Aggrippa: if threse boys boys cannot get work in nnpc, shell, chevron, at their backyard will they get it in customs or immigration where you have northerners? arm forced where you equally have northerners and. recently easterners, civil service and ministries where you have westerners? even the private sector they are finding it difficult to breath, they have hardly marry these days, its only thier women that get married. there is a meticulous, crafty, calculated effort to estinguish these guys from the face of the earth. check what Akanbi said to confirm. these pple protesting whether you like it or not are trained graduates of universities, forget all these talk about them being unemployable (a fat lie from the pit of hell). some of these HR guys instead employing people from other regions to take up vacant positions, they keep them and wait for friends and families to finished their b.sc, m.sc, other programs for them (friends and family to fill the positions).
water water water pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by barikay: 5:26pm On Jul 16, 2013
lonamy: the lecturers in the universities such as uniport are not helping matters. by demanding money for marks from guys and pussy for grades from girls, they are gradually spoiling the future of these people, that is why they are not employable. the school didn't really pass through them, because what it takes to have 2-1 is money and pussy.

if you don't sleep with lecturer no NYSC, if you don't pay you can't graduate. all I need to do is to gain admission, do business make money to settle my lecturers, why wasting time sitting down to listen to any boring lecturer.

when I graduate with 2-1 I will get a job.

I have this question for you guys, why do you sell your job slots to Yoruba people. there are jobs meant for the community in the oil and gas but you go ahead selling the jobs to more than 3 people. eventhoug the job may be contract job initially, but most of those jobs were converted to full staff jobs after few years. I think you have sold your birth right long ago.
ur reasoning is lauicle
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 16, 2013
mmark12:

thats is the most stupidity question. I survive like any other person in the middle class by living within my means. I have a one bedroom at old military ension board for 70,000 a month.
There is nothing stupid about the question. The middle class in Abuja is fill with people who earn at least 70k and not 40k. 40k is below middle class and unless u have a wife who is working, u can pay 70k for house
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by babestell(f): 5:35pm On Jul 16, 2013
It is the fault of everybody but the youths/community people themselves according to some posters. There is an excuse for every argument. The test questions are leaked, universities don't give admissions, non-indigenes employ only their brothers etc. God dey sha. One day Nigerians will go above all these sentimentality and try to actually improve themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by nitrogen(m): 5:36pm On Jul 16, 2013
Donalð Genes:
water water water pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jul 16, 2013
Aggrippa:
in the first place peeps from niger delta are generally and constantly denied admission into universities to study engineering...in most they have to change their state their state of origin to northern state before they are taken seriously....this is carefully calculated effort to emasculate this people...very cruel and barbaric

Oga stop lying abeg. What happened to the federal universities in the niger-delta that have the states in the area as their catchment area? What about their state universities?

This attitude of blaming everyone but themselves for their misfortune never really worked and it won't start to work today. They better use their heads and get their priorities straight.

2 Likes

Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by pazienza(m): 5:39pm On Jul 16, 2013
ocelot2006:

Down here in Akwa Ibom, Exxon Mobil is controlled by the Yorubas. Yet you don't see or read about Akwa Ibomites establish blockades in Eket to protest that fact, even though it sucks big time. I totally agree that oil coys MUST consider the idigenes of the host communities/stated first before anyone else. But the youths MUST also be ready to build on the much needed skills.

Why would aljharem,a yoruba dude have problem with yoruba nepotism driven grip on the naija oil and gas sector? *grins*
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by DonaldGenes(m): 5:39pm On Jul 16, 2013
coputa: Over 20,000 youths working in shell as contract staff...can't they employ them as direct staff....does shell not have the money to pay them ,instead of paying them peanut in the name of contract staff,is this not exploitation...you cannot find this in other oil producing countries in the Middle east and Asia....what is wrong with us..
gbam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by DonaldGenes(m): 5:44pm On Jul 16, 2013
Every month Fed Govt is sharing money accrued from oil, like, just today our junior minister for finance says that they are sharing 700 and something billions naira for month of june. guys lets face the fact.we are stinkingly rich but the million dollar questions is this oil money trickling down to that poor woman where the oil is being sucked?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos Of Aisha Buhari And Turkey's First Lady Commissioning An Orphanage / Share Recovered Loot Among 36 States‎ – PDP Chieftain Tells Buhari / See The Houses I Saw In A Village In Imo State Today - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.