Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,538 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt (18231 Views)

Rented Crowd Protesting At PDP Secretariat In Benin / FCT Workers Protesting At FCDA Secretariat In Abuja(Pictures) / Pictures Of Hired Youths Protesting Against Subsidy Probe Panel’s Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 16, 2013
False sense of entitlement....a wrong believe that that resources is in their backyard and therefore deserve the offer of first refusal for vacant positions in oil coys..whether qualified for such or not.

It's stiff and brutal competition out there in the oil and gas industry for the few available job openings..but unfortunately most of these local-people are not well equipped for such competition...
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by wayodude(m): 5:54pm On Jul 16, 2013
Donalð Genes:
gbam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My dear friend. Yes you CAN and WILL find such happening in Europe and the Middle East.

Its happening
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by pazienza(m): 6:14pm On Jul 16, 2013
Niger deltans have more than enough qualified graduates to fill all vacant positions in Shell, let them have it. All these parasites can go back to their various states of origin, monkey can't be working while baboon will be eating,there is nothing like one naija,every group should occupy their own resources.

Okpara moved shell from Owerri to Ph, but today some parasites are even saying that shell be moved to lagos, the hearts of men are full of evil.

Those protesting youths have my support.

2 Likes

Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by networkrecharg: 6:16pm On Jul 16, 2013
Super1759:
Where be Rumuikishi ?

Its rumuokwurushi (RA) and rumuobiakani (shell IA). The protest it.my bother was deprived a job. We er involved
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 16, 2013
ilugunboy: False sense of entitlement....a wrong believe that that resources is in their backyard and therefore deserve the offer of first refusal for vacant positions in oil coys..whether qualified for such or not.

It's stiff and brutal competition out there in the oil and gas industry for the few available job openings..but unfortunately most of these local-people are not well equipped for such competition...

who told you this rubbish?
pls do ur investigatin before you come here to spill balderdash!

yimu
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jul 16, 2013
ilugunboy: False sense of entitlement....a wrong believe that that resources is in their backyard and therefore deserve the offer of first refusal for vacant positions in oil coys..whether qualified for such or not.

pls do ur investigation before you come here to spill balderdash!

yimu
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by pazienza(m): 6:32pm On Jul 16, 2013
Give those indigenes jobs or relocate both your offices and operation base to lagos and go drill oil there.

If you give them job,they will have enough money to marry and raise kids that will attend the best secondary sch and universities in naija and world over, these kids will return and be even more qualified than their peers, this was how the yorubas grabed the naija and oil industry after d fall of the east, it was through nepotism,and those first yorubas got enuf money by working in the oil company,which translated to them being able to afford their kids the best education money can buy,and soon enuf they replaced their parents,all in the name of being more qualified,but we know how they started that cycle.

We still remember how the appointment of I.TJ ordor as the CE0 of NNPC by gowon got annulled by these people.

Niger deltans have to break this cycle now.

3 Likes

Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by NaijaFlow: 6:41pm On Jul 16, 2013
Akanbi_edu:

If you agree with the bolded, you should be shot too.

So they should be shot for protesting? Okay no problem. When a protest happens in Nigeria and the military shoots people i hope you wont blame GEJ and his wife for shooting protesters?.
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by Rhea(f): 6:44pm On Jul 16, 2013
[size=14pt]How do you expect to get a job in Shell when you cannot type one correct sentence in this age and era? They should go and protest at Asorock and ask for a job there. Asorock pays better than Shell grin[/size]
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jul 16, 2013
I failed d ONLINE TEST TOO!! LOL!!! Good for shell i left PH 4 LAGOS on Monday morning. Will start my own 1-man protest once i return to PH on Saturday n Sunday(yea,mine will be on weekends) :-D
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jul 16, 2013
bbpreye.:

pls do ur investigation before you come here to spill balderdash!

yimu

Sorry to say to you Sir or madam...you've spoken senselessly with too much emotion...use your God given brain ...it's free to use..you don't pay to use your brain.
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by mmark12(m): 7:00pm On Jul 16, 2013
Mee234:
There is nothing stupid about the question. The middle class in Abuja is fill with people who earn at least 70k and not 40k. 40k is below middle class and unless u have a wife who is working, u can pay 70k for house

then what was the point of asking such absurd question
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by Wiseoldman: 7:06pm On Jul 16, 2013
$uperior:

The Shell recruitment exams are usually leaked to the children of the high and mighty in the society leaving the graduates from the community to appear they are not able to pass the exams.

You're a joke!
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by Wiseoldman: 7:18pm On Jul 16, 2013
Aggrippa:
in the first place peeps from niger delta are generally and constantly denied admission into universities to study engineering...in most they have to change their state their state of origin to northern state before they are taken seriously....this is carefully calculated effort to emasculate this people...very cruel and barbaric

You're a joke
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by Wiseoldman: 7:24pm On Jul 16, 2013
Donalð Genes: Every month Fed Govt is sharing money accrued from oil, like, just today our junior minister for finance says that they are sharing 700 and something billions naira for month of june. guys lets face the fact.we are stinkingly rich but the million dollar questions is this oil money trickling down to that poor woman where the oil is being sucked?

Ask ur governor in rivers he recieves the second highest federal allocation only behind awka-ibom...
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by otokx(m): 7:28pm On Jul 16, 2013
It seems there is a grand plan to make Port Harcourt unstable maybe they will relocate Shell to Yenagoa.
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by DonaldGenes(m): 7:33pm On Jul 16, 2013
network.recharg:

Its rumuokwurushi (RA) and rumuobiakani (shell IA). The protest it.my bother was deprived a job. We er involved
any pictures bros cos i was using my 1966 laptop ohhhhh.could have snap cos Nl like pictures like garri
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by biafranqueen: 7:34pm On Jul 16, 2013
ebamma 3: we the citizens are responsible for nigeria's backwardness not the politician, from supporting a politician simply because he is from your zone or religion,
to voting a party simply because u were dashed bags of rice
u will never hear that saudis, qataris, kuwaitis, venezuelans, or russian citizens who are all oil producing countries are protesting because their village graduates have not gained employment in their oil companies #smh for dis country
the leaders are a reflection of the people
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by DonaldGenes(m): 7:34pm On Jul 16, 2013
Wise_old_man:

Ask ur governor in rivers he recieves the second highest federal allocation only behind awka-ibom...
"Am from the states sorry about that"
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by DonaldGenes(m): 7:36pm On Jul 16, 2013
[quote author=Wise_old_man]

You're a joke!
[/quote
oh Reallyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy..then let the youth use any means to get job my brother, it is thier oil, let them enjoy what God gave them.................
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by Okeikpu(m): 7:42pm On Jul 16, 2013
Hmm, from umuobiakani to rumuobiakani xD soon Amaechi will change his name to Ramaechi, Rotimi Rchibuike sad rndi ara!!
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by biafranqueen: 7:44pm On Jul 16, 2013
Mee234:
There is nothing stupid about the question. The middle class in Abuja is fill with people who earn at least 70k and not 40k. 40k is below middle class and unless u have a wife who is working, u can pay 70k for house

we should stop fooling ourselves no such thing as middle class only two classes existing in this world Powerful Class and the Powerless Class .
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by kel4soft: 8:09pm On Jul 16, 2013
kaze4blues: Jobless sets of illiterates....

Is shell the FG who must cater for their welfare?

After all, the first lady is from their state.

Instead of them to acquire quality education, they will be roaming the streets waiting for govt to spoon feed them.
Abeg, park well

who told you they are not graduate. For clarification, the first lady is not interested in the welfare of Rivers people. That said, you don't insult a region where this oil is located.

1 Like

Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by kel4soft: 8:19pm On Jul 16, 2013
Wise_old_man:

Nigeria don't practice true federalism, so there is no way the Governors of the oil rich zones can create jobs. 1. SHELL is not subject to their host states rather the FG with them controls the oil. What they give as 13% derivation is a pinut to what they actually share with their co-ventures.
Until we practice fiscal federalism where states can make laws that will be favourable to them and FG can concentrate on their exclusive list.
2. The upstream sector which SHELL and is allies operate cannot exhaust the numerous unemployments we have. So, downstream sector is the answer and the onus lies with FG..
Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 16, 2013
TouchDown:

Oga stop lying abeg. What happened to the federal universities in the niger-delta that have the states in the area as their catchment area? What about their state universities?

This attitude of blaming everyone but themselves for their misfortune never really worked and it won't start to work today. They better use their heads and get their priorities straight.
you are right. the leaders representing them only know how to buy asorted wine to drink, at all levels of govt you find this lot completely bereft of ideas.....a lesson for blackmen. let the best men with the best qualities and wisdom only be leaders

1 Like

Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by ibiso1986: 8:34pm On Jul 16, 2013
lonamy:

you are very correct. I know some of jumbo family, I have watched the interview of a prince of opobo, I find it difficult to understand what has happened to the educational decay, massively, to this region. the colonial era people you talked about experienced quality education, and that's is what I'm talking about. I did not say all are the same, of course I've met people from south south that are exceptional,but my issue is that it is very low. it is expected to be very high.

I really love what amaechi has done so far especially in the educational sector of rivers state, the beautiful schools and the rapid development. if peter odili did 10% of what amaechi did by now rivers should have become a little London in Nigeria but what do we have, waste and hatred to the performing governor. a lot need to be done. we need to go back to correct the foundation but unfortunately shell may have left port harcourt before this fundamental decredence would have been addressed. sorry dear.
you're too much my brother

1 Like

Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by ibiso1986: 8:44pm On Jul 16, 2013
ocelot2006: I got to work with these youths once during my internship with SPDC, and i'll say this: some of them are LAZY BUMS (that's right, I said). Rather than use the rare oppourtunity given to them to build on their technical skills, they preferred to turn up at their duty posts only when the monthly salaries are paid.
those ones are very lazy but not the more educated riverine youths.. The riverrine youths don't show themselves cos shell didn't establish their company on their land.. Fact of the matter is that the riverrine people are supposed to be compensated more cos majority of the oil wells are located there.. There are very few oil wells in phtown/Upland.. Nonetheless, they should employ and train the indigenes.. The result will be fabulous.

1 Like

Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by lonamy: 9:15pm On Jul 16, 2013

that is the truth, but how do we get these folks to understand this simple truth.

1 Like

Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by lonamy: 9:40pm On Jul 16, 2013
Aggrippa:
in the first place peeps from niger delta are generally and constantly denied admission into universities to study engineering...in most they have to change their state their state of origin to northern state before they are taken seriously....this is carefully calculated effort to emasculate this people...very cruel and barbaric

I don't believe you. there are cut off marks for any course you want to study, you can't expect to be given admission for elect-elect while you scored 180 in JAMB. and no engineering course will take anything less than 240 and above from you. so how many from niger delta score above 300 marks in waec. how many of them have won award from waec neco or jamb.

I keep repeating this problem is fundamental, you can't blame ur woes on shell or another iocs. you need to go back to the drawing board and re strategies your society.

JAMB uses educationally less developed states to give admission to students, but from my middle belt region we don't even have anybody to take the slot, but the Yoruba people have more than 1000 people for that single slot. so what are talking about. lets go back to our communities and talk to ourselves. lets carry out scientific and statistical studies why yorubas are everywhere preferred than we from other regions.

I have taken it upon myself to be an evangelist of message of community progress, sensitising youths in my areas in gboko what to do and be relevant in all strata of live. see, the kind of idiotic things that happen in port harcourt is very barbaric and shameful especially when it comes to land sales, you begin to think if these our brothers have human blood flowing through them at all.

2 Likes

Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by pazienza(m): 12:39am On Jul 17, 2013
ibiso1986: those ones are very lazy but not the more educated riverine youths.. The riverrine youths don't show themselves cos shell didn't establish their company on their land.. Fact of the matter is that the riverrine people are supposed to be compensated more cos majority of the oil wells are located there.. There are very few oil wells in phtown/Upland.. Nonetheless, they should employ and train the indigenes.. The result will be fabulous.

Taa! Gbafuo, what are you talking abt?

Rivers state onshore oil is located more in the uppland igboid areas and less at the ijoid riverine areas,ONELGA remains the highest oil producing LGA in rivers state, so say what you know and leave what u don't, stop trying to split hairs.

2 Likes

Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by EVANSBIPI: 3:02am On Jul 17, 2013
[b]most of you just come online and write/comment on issues u know nothing about. well i am privileged to be an indigene of Rumuobiokani one of the host communities to Shell Industrial Area. I am a graduate of Petroleum Engineering with a 2.1. After my NYSC, I was told to go abroad to get an MSc if I want to work with Shell. where wud i get such money? but the funniest part of these drama is that Shell employs from places like Delta, Akwa Ibom etc without a BSc. I can tell u categorically that we don't have any Shell Staff from my community. Shell has enjoyed smooth relationship with our community for the past 100 years of their existence in our land but never feels we are employable. We have the highest number of unemployed youths in Rivers State because other companies think we have shell in our domain. A colleague of mine back then in the University from Delta who was warfed because of his poor performance is a staff of Shell as i write this piece. so it is not about academic prowess but a political agenda been carried out against youths of Shell I.A host communities. Rebisi is playing host to Total Finaelf, they have a working MOU to employ, train and develop youths of Rebisi and other host communities they operate from but Shell believes in the divide and rule policy. Shell is a curse on my people not a blessing. so if they leave, other IOCs will come in with a better corporate Social Responsibilty package for Youths of Shell I.A communities.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Youths Protesting At Shell In Rumuobiakani, Port-Harcourt by babestell(f): 5:59am On Jul 17, 2013
I seriously doubt some people when they claim they graduated with some results. At least a graduate with 2.1 or above should be able to reason and strategize tactics of ensuring he gets employed instead of waiting for handouts. But instead they expect to be spoon fed. Even if IOC's employ their so called "best graduates" indiscriminately they will still complain. The vicious cycle of laziness will never stop

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Identify Suicide Bombers – Buratai / See The Houses I Saw In A Village In Imo State Today - Photos / Court Dismisses Nnamdi Kanu’s Fundamental Rights Suit Against DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.