Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter - Politics (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter (70155 Views)

Abacha's Daughter, Gumsu Mocks Amaechi On Instagram Over Buhari Appointment Snub / Open Letter To Prof. Wole Soyinka On Sexual Bill. By Chris Anyanwu / Soyinka On Patience Jonathan & Link With Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 18, 2013
St_Black: ITS A PITY SOME RACOONS STILL ARGUE "FATHERLAND" AND "MOTHERLAND" AS D SAME

The dolt is so blind that she / he / it will accept anything stupid..all to spite the Nobel laureate ...these barbaric villagers are just impossible.
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by Akiika: 6:09pm On Jul 18, 2013
Chei, i never imagined Nigerians are this undeveloped minded. The kind of followers portend the type of leaders.
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jul 18, 2013
Akiika: Chei, i never imagined Nigerians are this undeveloped minded. The kind of followers portend the type of leaders.
Huh?!!

Why don't you just say what u think and see how many likes u get for ur not "undeveloped minded"ness.

1 Like

Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by whitecat007: 6:25pm On Jul 18, 2013
They have declared their "war of minds". How can we get people like Soyinka to work towards splitting this country Nigeria really needs to divide along ethnic lines. Nigeria will never move forward with this arrangement. How can you keep living in the same house with your enemies

kingoflag:

The worst person on earth is a lying hypocrite! One thatll justify evil just to prove a point. Theres a section of Nigeria that just loves and promotes everything sad and devilish...I didnt mention any tribe o, but I know so long as that Region remains with the rest of Nigeria the country will never work. Why? Theyve taken it upon themselves to destroy it from within. Maybe its just in their nature to be confusionists and espouse everything sent to earth by Lucifer (thats up for debate), but from what Ive seen on NL (and my minor interactions with them in real life) they are to be avoided like a plague because their mode of thinking is just out of this world.
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jul 18, 2013
whitecat007: They have declared their "war of minds". How can we get people like Soyinka to work towards splitting this country Nigeria really needs to divide along ethnic lines. Nigeria will never move forward with this arrangement. How can you keep living in the same house with your enemies

Whatever will help them kill ALL other Nigerians especially the Yorubas will be okay with them.
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by whitecat007: 6:36pm On Jul 18, 2013
Bolo, facts shouldn't always sound like jokes to you if you are not in any way medicated.
ngozievergreen:

guy, take dis statement to d jokes section, it will be better appreciated there
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jul 18, 2013
Billionaires: Wole achieved nothing than Nobel Laurette in literature, which is nothing. If the Award was in medical science or technology then it will indicate his skills but speaking big grammar has rendered him homeless, wifeless, comfortless and he is increasing going crazy. How can a so-called intelligent man worship Sango and form a secret cult (Pyrates) that has lead to murdering of thousands of youths. Wole will be in prison when I am President, thats a guarantee. He married 3 times and divorce 3 times, there is something wrong with him. Wole even served in IBB administration giving legitimacy to militocracy. Only f00ls take Wole seriously. he is just a local champion.

Abacha's daughter is right about this.

I am not surprised at your outrageous remark. It only confirms Thomas Huxley’s theory that some humans definitely evolved from apes. What shocked me, though, was the fact that 200 people actually liked your comment. Now that is a big concern for me
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jul 18, 2013
Heh.

Respected personalities are not allowed to have an opinion.

It happened to Achebe.

The price of being an icon is those ever ready to tear you down.
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by JimmyBoy1: 7:26pm On Jul 18, 2013
daughter of a serial murderer.
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by igboboy1(m): 7:35pm On Jul 18, 2013
ilugunboy:

Nekede Poly drop-out....Madam Mgbeke feeling funky....did you recite the national anthem in your days at Ngwa Primary and Secondary schools?

Apparently... you are the one disgracing the people that had the misfortune of wasting money to send you to school.

ile ife grammer school drop out...free things tend to create laziness cos you dont sweat for it....
No wonder Ivy league schools are not free..... if not your type for don water down intelligence tey tey

1 Like

Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 18, 2013
babyosisi:

How else does he make a living
His books don't sell
He has no permanent job that we know of
Pensions are not being paid on a regular basis if he is pensionable and even that is not enough to perambulate to PH talk less of London and America where he spends a chunk of time
Someone is obviously paying him
the man is a hustler at 73

How does an icon whose picture adorns a postal stamp in Sierra leone makes a living? How does a Professor in Residence at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles, California, world acclaimed writer and speaker makes a living. Are you that thick? I am really sorry for you. I can only blame Seun Osewa

3 Likes

Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by JinaduJosefu(m): 7:48pm On Jul 18, 2013
~Bluetooth:
If Nigeria was a sane society,that biitch should be spending the rest of her life in jail by now for the agony her useless father caused Nigeria. Very useless set of Mo'r'ons;like father like daughter.

Look at you, give an example of a sane country where children are arrested for crime committed by their parents. SMH. People like you are the cause of the country's problem-concluding without analysing the situation.
In a so-called sane country,smart criminals get acquitted. See O.J simpson trial and the recently concluded Zimmerman trial. Think dude next time before typing!
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by slimghost(m): 7:49pm On Jul 18, 2013
What was the mad professor expecting after trading words with a lady? He has made himself an object of mockery. Stewpid biased f00l.

1 Like

Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 18, 2013
tripleaa: Someone kindly tell me soyinka's contributions to the socio economic development of Nigeria. Did his nobel prize create employment to the nigerian youths? What has he contributed in recent times other than confusion. Elder statesmen don't talk anyhow. Alhaji maitama sule,chief emeka Anyioku,etc didn't even comment or take side during the River state brouhaha. Could it be that he(soyinka) gets a share of the river state oil money? Why is he making so much noise? Who does he survive cos his books are outdated and no longer sell. History have shown he establishes relationship with rich states governors just so to get a part of the loot. Soyinka abeg calm down..

You guys seriously need re-orientation. I can only blame Seun Osewa for this insanity.

1 Like

Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jul 18, 2013
slimghost: What was the mad professor expecting after trading words with a lady? He has made himself an object of mockery. Stewpid biased f00l.

Thomas Huxley is very correct about your forefathers too. Pass it over to your children
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by Aarenaija: 8:27pm On Jul 18, 2013
Billionaires: Wole achieved nothing than Nobel Laurette in literature, which is nothing. If the Award was in medical science or technology then it will indicate his skills but speaking big grammar has rendered him homeless, wifeless, comfortless and he is increasing going crazy. How can a so-called intelligent man worship Sango and form a secret cult (Pyrates) that has lead to murdering of thousands of youths. Wole will be in prison when I am President, thats a guarantee. He married 3 times and divorce 3 times, there is something wrong with him. Wole even served in IBB administration giving legitimacy to militocracy. Only f00ls take Wole seriously. he is just a local champion.

Abacha's daughter is right about this.

Hunn. A lopsided generation that can not think straight, at least just for once. If he only knows literature, how come he is recognized all over the world and YOU, not known even in your vlg. NONSENSE.

1 Like

Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by slimghost(m): 8:30pm On Jul 18, 2013
percipi1:

Thomas Huxley is very correct about your forefathers too. Pass it over to your children

Are you are? A dumbfvck? Your Professor should go and learn from Odumakin how to make unbiased contribution to issues.

1 Like

Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 18, 2013
slimghost:

Are you are? A dumbfvck? Your Professor should go and learn from Odumakin how to make unbiased contribution to issues.

cant u see u are d dumb one and jackazz here. Even an unborn yiboe child knows how indifferent Wole is in issues ....SMH at ur UNCONTROLLABLE knack for sentiment

1 Like

Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by andyprez(m): 9:13pm On Jul 18, 2013
I have nothing against this lady but I surely don't like her dad (Sanni) & I'm sure grateful someone had 2 say something that can correct the growing biased mind of the Prof. (ACN chieftain). Corrupt people. Smh

1 Like

Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by Dreamtouch: 9:20pm On Jul 18, 2013
Finally another major achievement by Abacha family aside gwarimpa estate-Luving her already...
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by 3kay945(m): 9:44pm On Jul 18, 2013
ShyM-X:

Firstly, stop comparing what the late Prof. Chinua did with his controversial book, to what Prof. Wole is doing - apples to oranges. And he, Prof. Chinua, wasn't in the trenches in Nigeria. However, I still remember vividly that he wrote tons of articles on UK dailies about Nigeria.
Secondly, where's the correlation between her critique of "Wole Soyinka is always talking down on his motherland and the continent for Euros and dollars (paraphrasing)" and what Prof Wole said? The last time I checked, the man never said anything disparaging about Nigeria. Heck, he has never talked down on his country or continent - even when he admonishes the people.

Thirdly, I just don’t know why some of you keep parroting Nelson Mandela and Desmond Tutu, when you know absolutely nothing about things happening outside Nigeria. Nelson Mandela just stopped talking when he became too frail to talk because of old age. Do I need to remind you that he was the mastermind of what ended Thabo Mbeki’s presidency? Not just that, he was always interfering with the affairs of Zimbabwe, hence why Mugabe doesn’t like him. As for Desmond Tutu, he talks so much that he talks about things that have absolutely nothing to do with both South Africa and Africa. However, regardless of how much they talk – especially when they’re speaking the truth – we need to always respect the great ones among us for their sacrifices for us. I know the life expectancy age in Nigeria is around 48, hence why most of you don’t know how old people act. Well, old people talk a lot, especially when things around aren’t working the way they prefer – and when they foresee dangers ahead. The voice of the old is the voice of wisdom and God - and we must listen at all times because they have got tons of experiences that money can’t buy.

I also believe the legendary Prof. doesn’t go around trying to force his opinions on people. The media and press go to him for his opinions, and you don’t expect him to send them away especially since he’s a career activist, do you? We can draw comparisons with Rev Al Sharpton and Rev Jesse Jackson. People go to them all the time because of the roles they played during the civil rights movement – hence why they’re always in the media whenever there’s a hot debate in America about African Americans.

Lastly, I have always wondered why Nigeria is a cesspit despite its huge population, its vast resource wealth, and the boastfulness of Nigerians. However, this forum has enlightened me about why Nigeria will always be a cesspit. Trust me, the guy who said the average IQ of Nigerians is below 85 never told a lie – that’s the honest truth. Yes, there are a few smart, upstanding, and articulate Nigerians – but the vast majority is ridiculously dumb. Yes, a lot of Nigerians are arguably book smart – but the vast majority is borderline reta.rded, when it comes to thinking and using their brains. From this point henceforth, I don’t even think I want to read anything about that country – the country is a failure and its place is forever cemented in abyss and where hopelessness reigns supreme. I’ll just focus on Lagos, culture, tradition, foreign affairs and romance. THERE’S NO HOPE FOR NIGERIA!

Bros, I couldn't agree less, you have said it all. With the level of reasoning of folks here, no hope for the ccountry because the Labours of their pass leaders are already in vain.
#spit on thread.
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by hisawesomeness(m): 9:47pm On Jul 18, 2013
She even protects her tweets. Only God knows what else she tweets, nuclear launch codes
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by Dreamtouch: 9:57pm On Jul 18, 2013
I have forgiven Abacha family instantly...pls i nd her autograph and maybe her pin
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by wirinet(m): 10:19pm On Jul 18, 2013
Maxymilliano: Taking to her twitter page, Late Nigerian Dictator's Daughter Lash out on Prof Wole Soyinka.

https://twitter.com/G_sparking/status/357559257119465472

Gumsu Sanni Abacha claims "Wole Soyinka is a "Mad Empty Professor that lives on bad mouthing his Motherland and continent for Dollar and euro!"

Fatima Gumsu Sanni Abacha is one of the daughters of the late General Sanni Abacha ...

https://twitter.com/G_sparking

I am horrified that a senseless oneliner by an inconsequential daughter of a former dictator can elicit so much passion by seeminly intelligemt people. What is a mad empty professor and what is her qualifications to be able to conclude an academic professor is empty and mad.

How has the prof badmouthed his motherland or the continent of Africa for that matter, is there any evidence that the prof has ever insulted Nigeria or Africa, unless Patience Jonathan is now Nigeria and Africa put together.

The UN seriously need to declare a literacy crises in Nigeria, the inability of its youths to read and comprehend is worrying.

In addition, was she even old enough to remember what her father did to Nigeria and the african continent just for power and money(naira dollars and euros). Why does she not throw such tantrums on her own mother who was an accomplice in hers fathers greed.

1 Like

Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by wirinet(m): 10:19pm On Jul 18, 2013
double post
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by Dreamtouch: 10:25pm On Jul 18, 2013
You said Nigerians are laggards and dullards...uv lost hope on Nigeria but you wl focus on lagos..Is Lagos nt in Nigeria?smh..Can ur mentor get a single vote?If it were to be military regime can 1 insult the 1st lady and go scot free?Is nobel laurette a foundation ?His good english cnt transform Nigeria neither will 1st ladys grammer..Let your mentor in hs own capacity impact and transform people..Gvt or no Gvt..Stop criticizing Nigeria or Gvt identity the reasons and purpose why you are from here....
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by rusher14: 10:34pm On Jul 18, 2013
Billionaires: Wole Soyinka's IQ is only exemplary in literature. Outside literature, he is a thorough loser.

Quoting Professor Wole Soyinka " You are simply a voluble garbler".

That goes for all you who partake in destroying what was once a great nation.

We all know it is for a dollop of jam. Yet, you all can do better than that.
Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by wirinet(m): 10:40pm On Jul 18, 2013
Dreamtouch: You said Nigerians are laggards and dullards...uv lost hope on Nigeria but you wl focus on lagos..Is Lagos nt in Nigeria?smh..Can ur mentor get a single vote?If it were to be military regime can 1 insult the 1st lady and go scot free?Is nobel laurette a foundation ?His good english cnt transform Nigeria neither will 1st ladys grammer..Let your mentor in hs own capacity impact and transform people..Gvt or no Gvt..Stop criticizing Nigeria or Gvt identity the reasons and purpose why you are from here....

I know you are too young to know the history of Nigeria but no other first lady had ever interfered with the job of a governor even under military regime, so no other first lady has exposed herself politically. Then let me educate and surpise you, many Nigerians in the past had insulted the worst dictators Nigeria had ever produced and they lived to tell about it. Fela insulted incessantly OBJ while he was head of state, he insulted the dreaded maximum rulers- Idiagbon and Buhari and he survived. Gani did not let IBB rest. Even Abacha had it rough from the same wole soyinka, Gani, Tinubu and Nadeco members. So quit promoting the fallacy that former heads of states or their spouses had never been publicly insulted.

3 Likes

Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by OBAGADAFFI: 10:46pm On Jul 18, 2013
Dreamtouch: You said Nigerians are laggards and dullards...uv lost hope on Nigeria but you wl focus on lagos..Is Lagos nt in Nigeria?smh..Can ur mentor get a single vote?If it were to be military regime can 1 insult the 1st lady and go scot free?Is nobel laurette a foundation ?His good english cnt transform Nigeria neither will 1st ladys grammer..Let your mentor in hs own capacity impact and transform people..Gvt or no Gvt..Stop criticizing Nigeria or Gvt identity the reasons and purpose why you are from here....

Wole attacked and insulted the Military yet he is still living.
Its cowards like you that bring problem to Africa.

I am suggesting all you psychos learn to follow historic events before coming online.

4 Likes

Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by funnyx(m): 10:47pm On Jul 18, 2013
lee007: Now very confirmed that Nigeria will definitely perish as a country if care is not taken quickly, am so ashamed of identifying with Nigeria these days and with very good reason.
I am so appalled at the way a lot of seemingly educated people especially Nigeria young women are insulting Soyinka for speaking the truth as he has always done consistently over the years even before some of these so called online nairaland analysts parents were born!
What has this woman done for Nigerian women sef? What? Has she done 1/100 of what Miriam Babangida did through her better life? Patience is a disgrace to womanhood in Nigeria, a mere okirika rogue lucky enough to marry a clueless, spineless man! Don’t even get me started! Nigeria is a joke!

I honetly hope most Nigerian girls/women are not like these onces commenting and supporting Dame Jonathan? cus if they are, then it is finished!!! no wonder they no dey quick get husband, what a way to use the brain!!!

Soyinka said Patience is a mere appendage of power and so damn right, not only is that a statement of fact but a statement very correct in law, the illegality and unconstitutionality during these Goodluck’s era is just to legendary and sadly most of us don’t even know the implication.

Insecurity is on the rise, poverty is strong as usual, unemployment is the order of the day and power is getting geometrically regressive and still we sit behind the lantern hoping phones and laptops won’t expire and we can still claim the president and his wife are doing well, someone is kidding right.

And where did Abacha’s daughter crawl out from, only in Nigeria will the daughter of such an evil institution even have the got to talk to any Nigerian not even Soyinka!
Like we say in Yoruba land, alainironu lopoju ni nairaland, bunch of empty skulls suffering and smiling!

Unfortunately, with the set of youths we currently have in Nigeria the country is doomed. Only ingrates, shallow minded and some 'never do well' will even associate themselves with anything Abacha. As wicked and power drunk he was it will not be too much to treat many of his generation as lepers for his wicked deeds.
There are some set of youths from particular regions of the country who because of their bitterness ostensibly passed on to them by their parents will do whatever it takes including selling their soul and conscience to support the current govt as they believe the president is one of their own. They forget an adage which says that: if you're digging a pit for your enemy don't dig it too deep as either you or your family member may fell into it. Let's leave the rest for posterity to judge.

1 Like

Re: Abacha's Daughter Lash-Out At Wole Soyinka On Twitter by wirinet(m): 10:50pm On Jul 18, 2013
Now the most comic aspects of this wole soyinka's episode is that the same people demonizing a yoruba man for criticizing the president and his wife for interfering in rivers state, had in the past messiahized an igbo man - prof Chinua Achebe for saying worst things against Nigeria, Nigerian presidents and its leaders.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (Reply)

Zimbabwe More Developed Than Nigeria – Mugabe / Fascinating Photos Of Nigeria Taken Decades Before Its Independence And After. / Tinubu Wins In Benue With 310,468 Votes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.