Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,369 members, 7,836,484 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama (21580 Views)

Ribadu Later Realised Obasanjo Was Using Him –soyinka / My Watch: Obasanjo Is An Incredible Liar - Brig-Gen Alabi Isama / Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander - Isama Alabi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by size38: 12:29pm On Jul 21, 2013
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahah. This man don finish BABA. So OBJ sabi fear like dis? So all this BABA gara-gara na for civilians body?. O men! For a long time now, I never read news wey make me laff like dis one. An d that time guns no plenty d wey e be now. Dat means if na now wey guns dey everywhere for naija, BABA for just resign instead of leading his troop. Hahahah
Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by damigreat(m): 12:32pm On Jul 21, 2013
I weep for Nigeria. Why are we peeling off the surface of a healing wound? Some of us weren't around during that unfortunate moment and some elders who should've taught us how to forgive are bringing this back to our consciousness. I'm a Nigerian and every tribe in it is my tribe, an injustice to one is an injustice to all. Let that man, Gideon buries his head for shame. Some people can sell their mother for money and cheap publicity. We, the young generation say 'no to national bitterness and ethnicism'. Follow me on twitter:#damigreat or #iiconsults and let's talk about how we shall attain our goals in life.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by MightyFortress: 12:50pm On Jul 21, 2013
Katsumoto:

Hahahahaha

Just as I thought. Dede1 has no clue about military strategy. So which powers supported Vietnam when it defeated France in the French Indochina war that ended in 1954 after the battle of Dien Bien Phu? Vietnam simply out-strategized France.

Let me explain North Vietnam strategy to you. North Vietnam had approximately 500,000 combatants (including Chinese, North Korea, and USSR) while South Vietnam had almost 2 million combatants (including US, Australia, Thailand, New Zealand, Laos, etc). When the war ended in 1975, North Vietnam had lost over 1 million while South Vietnam lost approximately 300,000. These figures do not include civilians. At the start of the war, Ho chi Minh realised that the US public had little appetite for the war with all the anti-war demonstrations and movement. His strategy was simple - don't surrender, send as many US soldiers home in body bags or seriously maimed/wounded.

This strategy meant that many more of his own (North Vietnam) soldiers would die. Some of the battle formations deployed by North Vietnam had no purpose order than to kill American soldiers. With all the hoopla about US deaths in Afghanistan, they have lost less than 3000 lives while the US lost over 60000 lives in Vietnam and over 300,000 wounded. With more bodies arriving, the US congress passed the Case-Church Amendment in 1973 prohibiting US military presence in Vietnam. Saigon fell two years later resulting in the unification of North and South Vietnam.

And Dede1, Thailand supported South Vietnam just like the US.
you just dey talk nonsense.. Ho Chin Mihn realised that the US public wasnt in support of the war... blah blah.. Why should you compare The Vietnam war and its belligerents to the Nigerian civil war? Both wars were fought for totally different purposes, in different geographical terrains, so there is no basis for comparison here. No matter how many casualities the Federal troops sustained, the Nigerian public was fully behind them, so your strategy wouldnt have worked here! Nigeria was just out to annihilate the Igbos! The same Nigerians who butchered Igbos during the 1966 and 67 pogroms and screamed "Araba" at the same time! The Biafrans fought that war for simple survival. And the US did not use starvation of women and children as a strategy to beat the North Vietnamese. Gowon and his cronies need to be tried for crimes against humanity. We had to surrender. Constantly watching children die of Kwashiokor and watching them straffed and bombed by Jets aint sumtin I'd wish u in your dreams. Even the hardest of men would melt at such a sight! So dont think Nigeria won because of the excellence of its commanders in applying proper battle strategy. Go and learn that from Hitler and his blitzkrieg kommandos.

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by DAPMAN601: 12:51pm On Jul 21, 2013
The retired General must have gone senile, by bringing irrelevant facts up at this hour.He is the real coward by not revealing this after the War, for proper Military disciplinary actions, yet he did not remember when Obasanjo was president? HE IS THE DEFINITION OF A COWARD!! If you say Obasanjo was not tactically sound that year I believe his activities as a President have shown us otherwise, he has become an Oracle Jonathan has to compulsorily support. I suggest to Gen. Alabi to remain in the oblivion he has always been.
Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by lamp5: 12:53pm On Jul 21, 2013
A military force has no constant formation, water has no constant shape,. The ability to gain victory by changing and adapation according to the opponent is called GENIUS. Obj is a Genius.
Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by guttentag(m): 12:54pm On Jul 21, 2013
Shay una wan ginga BAba to start thw War
Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 21, 2013
Mighty Fortress:
you just dey talk nonsense.. Ho Chin Mihn realised that the US public wasnt in support of the war... blah blah.. Why should you compare The Vietnam war and its belligerents to the Nigerian civil war? Both wars were fought for totally different purposes, in different geographical terrains, so there is no basis for comparison here. No matter how many casualities the Federal troops sustained, the Nigerian public was fully behind them, so your strategy wouldnt have worked here! Nigeria was just out to annihilate the Igbos! The same Nigerians who butchered Igbos during the 1966 and 67 pogroms and screamed "Araba" at the same time! The Biafrans fought that war for simple survival. And the US did not use starvation of women and children as a strategy to beat the North Vietnamese. Gowon and his cronies need to be tried for crimes against humanity. We had to surrender. Constantly watching children die of Kwashiokor and watching them straffed and bombed by Jets aint sumtin I'd wish u in your dreams. Even the hardest of men would melt at such a sight! So dont think Nigeria won because of the excellence of its commanders in applying proper battle strategy. Go and learn that from Hitler and his blitzkrieg kommandos.

Either you didn't bother to read Katz comment and properly digest the content to understand the basis of his comment or you are just plainly been silly....

When next you are entering a thread...don't jump into conclusion without assimilation

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by supereagle(m): 1:26pm On Jul 21, 2013
DAPMAN601: The retired General must have gone senile, by bringing irrelevant facts up at this hour.He is the real coward by not revealing this after the War, for proper Military disciplinary actions, yet he did not remember when Obasanjo was president? HE IS THE DEFINITION OF A COWARD!! If you say Obasanjo was not tactically sound that year I believe his activities as a President have shown us otherwise, he has become an Oracle Jonathan has to compulsorily support. I suggest to Gen. Alabi to remain in the oblivion he has always been.
He has been in the US all along ,just came back.
Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by KABIYESISULTAN: 1:43pm On Jul 21, 2013
tongue
Baba has a chance to disprove this. Show your buttocks to the world and if there is no bullet wound scar, we would brand alabi a liar tongue

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by muyen666: 1:47pm On Jul 21, 2013
supereagle: War is not good.Ojukwu led his people a senseless war.
dont show dis pics again..i beg u plssssss..not old enough for d war..but i can imagine with these pics..let d past live in d past plss
Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by Yujin(m): 1:57pm On Jul 21, 2013
The truth will continually be revealed as I earlier said until Nigeria finally hit the rocks. Nigeria must pay the price. Many of you bigots can try as much as you can to justify that genocide that even some of the major players are condemning today but it won't change the fact. Let the old men confess more as is the standard practice.
Take note: Igbos never regret putting up a defence against those who sought their annihiliation.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by josite: 2:00pm On Jul 21, 2013
obasanjo is gifted with native inteliigence AND THE GRACE OF GOD. I agree he is a coward like many of us but what he has in abundance than most Nigerians is the grace of GOD. That he was shot in the butt and not in the chest was an act of providence who will rather have him live to become a 2 time head of state. WE MUST THANK THIS MAN FOR GIVING US A SECOND VERSION BUT HE DESERVES NOTHING MORE THAN THAT.AS THE SCORES STAND TODAY,HE IS NO MATCH FOR OBASANJO with all his braveness and that is again the work of providence.
Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by Donmichaelz(m): 2:20pm On Jul 21, 2013
He might be a coward general but he is the. Wises,bravest politician in Nigeria....if d so called man who called OBJ a coward was brave where are his records?Attention seeker MstwwwwwwwwwWwwwwwwWwwwwwwWwwwwwwwwwwww e.t.c
Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 21, 2013
This can't be completely true. And for those, especially the Igbo, that believe Olusegun Obasanjo lied in My Commander, remember, it's a personal account just as you claim There Was A Country is Chinua Achebe's personal account.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by dayokanu(m): 3:04pm On Jul 21, 2013
supereagle:
You missed the point like Baba OBJ would do.3 commands fought the war on the part of Fed Troops .Gen Shuwa fought from the North,Muritala fought from Asaba end and Black Scorpion fought from Atlantic end.Both Muritala and Black Scorpion were relived because of unethical military practices . Baba was not even going to the battle fronts,he remained in PH till the war ended.
Shuwa and Alabi-Isama

Which Military commander goes to the war front from trench to trench?

Most of the notable commanders just draw strategies for the soldiers to follow

Do you think Collin Powell, Yuri Shikov, Dwight EIsenhower, Von Mastrich, or Irwin Rommel were carrying guns going from street to street shooting opponents?

OBJ did exactly as you would expect a commander to
Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by 1oracle(m): 3:11pm On Jul 21, 2013
Capnd143: How does this affect the fact that Nigeria won the civil war and starved the igbos to death?
Another evidence to prove that the war is not yet over.
Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by Tolexander: 3:19pm On Jul 21, 2013
supereagle: War is not good.Ojukwu led his people a senseless war.
guy!
Comot those pictures now!
Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by Tolexander: 3:23pm On Jul 21, 2013
Mighty Fortress:
stop spewing thrash. Was he the one that brought in the 2nd indochina war into the matter?
Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by samkoro: 3:28pm On Jul 21, 2013
oyb:

i wonder - what does it say of biafran officers if they were soundly and roundly beaten by a army made up of lazy drunken theives and incompetents?

Biafra was beaten by Colonial masters Britain(the war started barely six yrs after they gave Nigeria independence),U.S ,Russia,France in the name of Nigeria.. Isreal,Ivory Coast,Equatorial gunea and Tanzania were the only counytries in the whole world that supported Biafra.

Biafran fought with Marchets,localy made weapons and arms gotten from dead Nigerian soldiers.There were known and clear facts.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by Katsumoto: 3:35pm On Jul 21, 2013
dayokanu:

Which Military commander goes to the war front from trench to trench?

Most of the notable commanders just draw strategies for the soldiers to follow

Do you think Collin Powell, Yuri Shikov, Dwight EIsenhower, Von Mastrich, or Irwin Rommel were carrying guns going from street to street shooting opponents?

OBJ did exactly as you would expect a commander to

grin grin grin grin grin at the bolded

Some folks simply don't understand how wars are fought. Commanders are never in the war front except when the territory they are encamped in is being attacked.
Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by 1oracle(m): 3:39pm On Jul 21, 2013
samkoro:

Biafra was beaten by Colonial masters Britain(the war started barely six yrs after they gave Nigeria independence),U.S ,Russia,France in the name of Nigeria.. Isreal,Ivory Coast,Equatorial gunea and Tanzania were the only counytries in the whole world that supported Biafra.

Biafran fought with Marchets,localy made weapons and arms gotten from dead Nigerian soldiers.There were known and clear facts.
Never mind the fool. Great Biafrans fought that war with Nigeria for three good years.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by Btruth: 3:42pm On Jul 21, 2013
........the only thing that I've read & that bother me was when during the 1966 first military coup. Major Nzeogwu & Ifeajuna kept the secret away from Obasanjo.

Could they have known that the man was a coward or something?

Anyone with good explanation should enlighten us on this please.
Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by Ayatullah(m): 3:44pm On Jul 21, 2013
I dey grin I dey grin I dey grin grin grin Do not blame Obasanjo, he will only go to battle after consulting his 'Babalawo', so if the Babalawo say do not go, he will have to be dodging up and down.................that explains all his actions during the war and why he was shot in the buttocks grin
Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by Katsumoto: 3:54pm On Jul 21, 2013
ACM10:

Seriously I disagree with you. North Vietnamese fighters were made up of crack team of volunteers trained in China, while South Vietnamese military was made up of mostly conscripts. The zeal of a conscript can never match that of a volunteer. This is what makes the difference at the battlefield. Though China lost 50,000 soldier and Soviet Union lost about 1,000 soldiers. They lost them in North Vietnam under heavy bombardment by US B-52 bombers. Chinese troops hardly ventured outside demilitarized zone. North Vietnam did all the fighting. Let me also correct another impression. US was winning the war before the Tet offensive. But they were foot-dragging on invading their arch-enemy's territory of North Vietnam, for the fear of provoking a direct confrontation with the Chinese(Korean war was still fresh on their mind). So they resorted to bombing North Vietnam to oblivion. This only strengthened the resolve of the North Vietnam and their allies to fight to the bitter end. North Vietnam leadership and its people were disillusioned on the course of the war. But Ho Chi Minh managed to convinve them to throw their weight behind Tet offensive. Tet offensive was a military suicide on the part of North Vietnam, but a massive political victory. It convinced the disillusioned US public that they are not winning the war. Every other succeeding event was history.

On lesson learnt fron the Biafran war. Igbos learnt a great lesson from the war. One of them is to be on their own and never to trust their neighbours. Biafrans executed a well-thought out strategy, but Nigeria has superior firepower. But the nationalist zeal of the Biafrans were not extinguished. That's why Biafra is still in the news 40 years after. Many analysts have explained why Biafrans lost. So no one is giving a ludicrous excuse for our loss. The lessons has been learnt and we have moved on. But the agitation for separate country continues.

The part in bold - are you not making my point for me? I stated originally that Vietcong strategy was to convince the US citizens that their country was fighting the wrong war and ensure the US did not complete the war. Whether the US was winning the war or not is irrelevant; what is relevant to this debate is strategy and it's execution. North Vietnam had a strategy, executed it and won the war.

As for Biafra strategy - it was deeply flawed. Biafra fought well in many battles but overall strategy led it down. Just like Dede1, you are still making the same mistakes. You can't fight a war without alliances and in a war with neighbours, you need some of your neighbours on your side. If superior firepower alone won wars, the US would have crushed North Vietnam, Germany would have crushed the USSR. The point of military strategy is to objectively assess your strengths and weaknesses, your enemy's strengths and weaknesses, and then formulate strategy. Patience can also be used as strategy.

He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot, will be victorious - Sun Tzu
Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by LBT: 4:03pm On Jul 21, 2013
DerideGull:

Shut your putrid mouth for once. The two clueless field commanders such as Obasanjo and Adekunle could not chase ants out of a bread talk less of Biafran soldiers and Ojukwu. Alabi-Isama maybe a joker too but he has iota of truth in his overly exaggerated recollections.
you talk from your anus, is it the whites that defeated the biafrans? No! It the troops lead by Obasanjo and history attest to it; the reason Ojukwu called him a coward was that he thought the west should have fought along side biafra but when the west is being invaded by biafra what do you expect him to do.
Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by LBT: 4:20pm On Jul 21, 2013
Katsumoto:

The part in bold - are you not making my point for me? I stated originally that Vietcong strategy was to convince the US citizens that their country was fighting the wrong war and ensure the US did not complete the war. Whether the US was winning the war or not is irrelevant; what is relevant to this debate is strategy and it's execution. North Vietnam had a strategy, executed it and won the war.

As for Biafra strategy - it was deeply flawed. Biafra fought well in many battles but overall strategy led it down. Just like Dede1, you are still making the same mistakes. You can't fight a war without alliances and in a war with neighbours, you need some of your neighbours on your side. If superior firepower alone won wars, the US would have crushed North Vietnam, Germany would have crushed the USSR. The point of military strategy is to objectively assess your strengths and weaknesses, your enemy's strengths and weaknesses, and then formulate strategy. Patience can also be used as strategy.

He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot, will be victorious - Sun Tzu
They are also making the same mistake they made then by not choosing their allies wisely; further more they are making more enemies by the day. They cannot defeat the North with the type of allies you have in a Zillion years, NEVER! So, make friends wisely and stop always showing they hate the west at every opportunity: the west no even send ona because you are turning lots of people who like you into enemies who will easily react to any igbo provocation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"I Will Reduce The Cost Of Land In Lagos When I Win" - Jimi Agbaje / Buhari Meets With The 36 State Chairmen Of APC & That Of FCT (photos) / Sani Ibrahim ‘Unseats’ Emmanuel Ibediro As National Organizing Secretary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.