Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,503 members, 7,836,949 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama (21582 Views)

Ribadu Later Realised Obasanjo Was Using Him –soyinka / My Watch: Obasanjo Is An Incredible Liar - Brig-Gen Alabi Isama / Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander - Isama Alabi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by texazzpete(m): 4:30pm On Jul 21, 2013
samkoro:

Biafran fought with Marchets,localy made weapons and arms gotten from dead Nigerian soldiers.There were known and clear facts.

So, I ask you, why go to fight a war against a better armed force with machetes and locally made weapons? Is it not senseless slaughter to send poorly armed and poorly trained boys and men to fight an obviously losing battle?
What does that say about the General who assumed tribalistic zeal would be enough to defeat machine gun fire?

I still have no idea why the Biafra issue still comes up for discussion here. Isn't it time for the wounds to be left to heal?

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by MurderX: 4:35pm On Jul 21, 2013
He that fights and run, lives to become a two time president.
The morale of the story is to learn to take the bullet in your buttocks and not in your chest
Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by samkoro: 4:39pm On Jul 21, 2013
supereagle:
You missed the point like Baba OBJ would do.3 commands fought the war on the part of Fed Troops .Gen Shuwa fought from the North,Muritala fought from Asaba end and Black Scorpion fought from Atlantic end.Both Muritala and Black Scorpion were relived because of unethical military practices . Baba was not even going to the battle fronts,he remained in PH till the war ended.
Shuwa and Alabi-Isama

Obj is somebody unwilling to spill blood,that is why God gave him some grace.He was very reluctant abt the war.He was happy the war ended shortly after he came.He went to theological colledge so as to become a pastor.All these is to seek Gods forgiveness.Nothing more.

Let's Look at the Top 7 persons that determined the war.

Gowon-repented and formed the Pray Nigeria Group,so that God will forgive his atrocities

Gen.Muritala Mohammed--participated in the slaughter of civilian men,women and Children.He was withdrawn from the war front for this misconduct.God purnished him by letting him killed few years after,in a coupe.The family is a wretch today.

Gen.Mohammed Shuwa..committed genocide of women and children.Was withdrawn from the battle field because of this conduct.He was killed by armed robbers about two yrs ago on the streets of Kano after living a life of a wretch for many yrs.I learnt from a northern friend that most of his children are Almajiri.

Obafemi Awolowo..he committed the worst attrocity.His policy lead to the death of about 3million innocent civilian through starvation.God said to him "son,you won't die well".He committed suicide with a rat poison popularly known as OTAPIAPA.We all know the state of the family today.

Benjamin Adekunle(black) scorpion--He was honoured with the tittle Are Onokakanfo of Yoruba Land when they heard he kills anything that moves,including babies in their mothers womb.He sent over 500,000 women and children to their grave.After every operation,he goes back to camp to finish 2 bottles of kai kai (alcohol).He was withdrawn from the war front because of this conduct.He was also retired and isolated after the war.He was so sad for this.Unlike T.Y Danjuma who Benefited.Well! TY was proffessional in his approach.Former governor Olusegun Osonba was always at the rear of TY's battle fron as a Journalist to cover events.He only fought soldiers and not civilians.

Benjamin Adenkunle is rumoured to be in solitude somewhere in Surulere.I learnt he is so wretched that he depends on his Children that drivbe danfo,and grand children that do conductor work.story has it that he changed his name so that some Igbo guys will not kill him on tje street once they discover its him.Some say he is dead already.

We all know the men that perpetrated the ASABA massacre ,were over one thousand young men were brought out and shot dead at once.Some of the men above did that.

So God does not sleep.Their is always a judgement day.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by ckkris: 4:44pm On Jul 21, 2013
ilugunboy: Please someone should remove these pictures above....they are not what should be serving us as reminder of the war.
Leave the pictures there, many have already saved them anyway. They're good reminders of . . . .
Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by Vansnickers: 4:55pm On Jul 21, 2013

Ojukwu lacked compassion. How can a human with a heart see this and keep on Fighting? Ojukwu didn't surrender because of Pride.

If Ojukwu thought his cause was so Noble, why did he run? If he believed in the biafran cause, he should have been willing to die for Biafra. He should have been willing to march into Hell for a Heavenly Cause.

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jul 21, 2013
Btruth: ........the only thing that I've read & that bother me was when during the 1966 first military coup. Major Nzeogwu & Ifeajuna kept the secret away from Obasanjo.

Could they have known that the man was a coward or something?

Anyone with good explanation should enlighten us on this please.
FYI, OBJ wasn't in the country during the planning and execution of the coup, he was doing a course in India. There was no way Nzeogwu would have informed him. Even, those involved agreed on codes that were used on phone whenever they wanted to have a meeting.
Read before you say anything.
Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by ckkris: 4:59pm On Jul 21, 2013
[quote author=texazzpete]

Is it not senseless slaughter to send poorly armed and poorly trained boys and men to fight an obviously losing battle?

I still have no idea why the Biafra issue still comes up for discussion here.
/quote]

If Biafra didn't fight, they would have been massacred anyway, as happened at Asaba. Biafra lost the war alright, but today no one will like to wage any kind of war against them.

The US report says that Nigeria MAY STILL BREAK UP.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by gratiaeo(m): 5:00pm On Jul 21, 2013
why are yoruba still crying more than the braved after winning the war for nigerian?
Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jul 21, 2013
samkoro:

Obj is somebody unwilling to spill blood,that is why God gave him some grace.He was very reluctant abt the war.He was happy the war ended shortly after he came.He went to theological colledge so as to become a pastor.All these is to seek Gods forgiveness.Nothing more.

Let's Look at the Top 7 persons that determined the war.

Gowon-repented and formed the Pray Nigeria Group,so that God will forgive his atrocities

Gen.Muritala Mohammed--participated in the slaughter of civilian men,women and Children.He was withdrawn from the war front for this misconduct.God purnished him by letting him killed few years after,in a coupe.The family is a wretch today.

Gen.Mohammed Shuwa..committed genocide of women and children.Was withdrawn from the battle field because of this conduct.He was killed by armed robbers about two yrs ago on the streets of Kano after living a life of a wretch for many yrs.I learnt from a northern friend that most of his children are Almajiri.

Obafemi Awolowo..he committed the worst attrocity.His policy lead to the death of about 3million innocent civilian through starvation.God said to him "son,you won't die well".He committed suicide with a rat poison popularly known as OTAPIAPA.We all know the state of the family today.

Benjamin Adekunle(black) scorpion--He was honoured with the tittle Are Onokakanfo of Yoruba Land when they heard he kills anything that moves,including babies in their mothers womb.He sent over 500,000 women and children to their grave.After every operation,he goes back to camp to finish 2 bottles of kai kai (alcohol).He was withdrawn from the war front because of this conduct.He was also retired and isolated after the war.He was so sad for this.Unlike T.Y Danjuma who Benefited.Well! TY was proffessional in his approach.Former governor Olusegun Osonba was always at the rear of TY's battle fron as a Journalist to cover events.He only fought soldiers and not civilians.

Benjamin Adenkunle is rumoured to be in solitude somewhere in Surulere.I learnt he is so wretched that he depends on his Children that drivbe danfo,and grand children that do conductor work.story has it that he changed his name so that some Igbo guys will not kill him on tje street once they discover its him.Some say he is dead already.

We all know the men that perpetrated the ASABA massacre ,were over one thousand young men were brought out and shot dead at once.Some of the men above did that.

So God does not sleep.Their is always a judgement day.
What do you reason with, yansh? I guessed right.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by gratiaeo(m): 5:03pm On Jul 21, 2013
Van snickers:

Ojukwu lacked compassion. How can a human with a heart see this and keep on Fighting? Ojukwu didn't surrender because of Pride.

If Ojukwu thought his cause was so Noble, why did he run? If he believed in the biafran cause, he should have been willing to die for Biafra. He should have been willing to march into Hell for a Heavenly Cause.
Those children are far better than the winning side today... So what's your point?

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by Vansnickers: 5:09pm On Jul 21, 2013
gratiaeo:
Those children are far better than the winning side today... So what's your point?

My point is that Ojukwu was a dishonest, reprehensible Human being. If he cared for Biafra, why let those children Starve? Why did he run away? If Gowon was Idi Amin, the Igbos would have been slaughtered while Ojukwu watched from his safe haven. Does that not defeat his whole purpose of seceding from Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by Ayatullah(m): 5:16pm On Jul 21, 2013
Murder_X: He that fights and run, lives to become a two time president.
The morale of the story is to learn to take the bullet in your buttocks and not in your chest

The story could only have morale in the land of the moraless................Murder_X you've got to be wise. Che Guevera was never the president of a country, yet even in death he is more popular than Obasanjo world-wide.
Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 21, 2013
Why has no person given any reason why Ojukwu ran from "Biafra" to seek peace for good 12 years. Na UN im be?
Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by Katsumoto: 5:24pm On Jul 21, 2013
ilugunboy:

Either you didn't bother to read Katz comment and properly digest the content to understand the basis of his comment or you are just plainly been silly....

When next you are entering a thread...don't jump into conclusion without assimilation

grin grin grin grin grin

Comprehension is a big issue on NL.
Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by Makapounse(m): 5:36pm On Jul 21, 2013
Obj is a coward, and agreed to takeover the mantle of the war from Adekunle ?

Why don't u (gen Alabi) take the mantle as a competent soldier

Obj is not competent, and he cased away ojukwu ?

Obj is a coward and major Philip (second in command to ojukwu) handed the surrender flag to him(obj)

GEN. ALIBI is really suffering from senile dementia
sir you a confuse to younger generation
Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by logica(m): 5:36pm On Jul 21, 2013
Katsumoto:
Let me explain North Vietnam strategy to you. North Vietnam had approximately 500,000 combatants (including Chinese, North Korea, and USSR) while South Vietnam had almost 2 million combatants (including US, Australia, Thailand, New Zealand, Laos, etc). When the war ended in 1975, North Vietnam had lost over 1 million while South Vietnam lost approximately 300,000. These figures do not include civilians. At the start of the war, Ho chi Minh realised that the US public had little appetite for the war with all the anti-war demonstrations and movement. His strategy was simple - don't surrender, send as many US soldiers home in body bags or seriously maimed/wounded.

This strategy meant that many more of his own (North Vietnam) soldiers would die. Some of the battle formations deployed by North Vietnam had no purpose order than to kill American soldiers. With all the hoopla about US deaths in Afghanistan, they have lost less than 3000 lives while the US lost over 60000 lives in Vietnam and over 300,000 wounded. With more bodies arriving, the US congress passed the Case-Church Amendment in 1973 prohibiting US military presence in Vietnam. Saigon fell two years later resulting in the unification of North and South Vietnam.
One phrase is all you need: war of attrition.
Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by Katsumoto: 6:04pm On Jul 21, 2013
ACM10:

Spain vs Britain

France vs Britain

Roman empire vs Parthian empire

Ethiopia vs Eriteria

South Africa vs Cuba(Angolan war)

North Sudan vs South Sudan

Northern Ivory Coast vs Southern Ivory Coast

North Korea vs South Korea

etc, etc

Your list is too simplistic and naively inclusive. For instance Spain did not war with great Britain because the Act of Union (England and Scotland) was in 1707 while the Spanish tried to invade England in 1588. France and England warred many times in various combinations - Normandy v France, England v Norman (1105/6), France v England (several wars). There were times they were equally matched, and there were times that one was stronger than the other.

After giving specific details about the wars - actual combatants and year (since there may have been many wars), you should then provide details about why you believe they were evenly matched. For instance, why do you think Sudan and South Sudan was an even match?
Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jul 21, 2013
Ola Johnson: Why has no person given any reason why Ojukwu ran from "Biafra" to seek peace for good 12 years. Na UN im be?

Son, thats all in the past.

This is 2013, the main concern is that adekunle's family is beggarly and adekunle himself has not known peace and comfort for 43 yrs now.

Lets think of the present pls, after all, we have not asked y Awolowo committed sucide.
Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by sylvok: 6:38pm On Jul 21, 2013
T9ksy:

So, Prof(?)Dede, who the hell chased Ojukwu from his Land of the rising sun to Abidjan, abandoning his

people whom he promised to fight with, till the end?
stop giving kudos to any nigerian soldier. The war was pland nd sponsord by UK nd her allies. Stop d trash we knw d fact. If they were nt involvd they would hav speak against d genocide.
Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by sylvok: 6:49pm On Jul 21, 2013
texazzpete:

So, I ask you, why go to fight a war against a better armed force with machetes and locally made weapons? Is it not senseless slaughter to send poorly armed and poorly trained boys and men to fight an obviously losing battle?
What does that say about the General who assumed tribalistic zeal would be enough to defeat machine gun fire?

I still have no idea why the Biafra issue still comes up for discussion here. Isn't it time for the wounds to be left to heal?
it is nt ova. D igbos fought because there were no alternative. Igbos were being killed even b4 d war finaly broke out. We wil neva 4get it until dis country disintegrate.
Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by samuel900(m): 7:05pm On Jul 21, 2013
ngozievergreen:

exactly, if nigeria really won the war, y are they revisiting those war events today?

That should be the main concern. I thought if sb wins sth, he forgets about it happily. I mean y the frequent war blames that go on these days(by the same side that won?). The other day ,it was Gowon..........

Food for thought
I Dey watch my JUMONG
Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by supereagle(m): 7:07pm On Jul 21, 2013
Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by CSOLUTION: 7:24pm On Jul 21, 2013
as much as i dont like obj, he doesnt look or ever acted as a coward to me. u can call him anythin but a coward is never one of them. THIS MAN OBJ SOMEHOW SURVIVED ALL HIS COLLEAGUES, ojukwu,nzeogwu,bisalla,m.mohammed,et.al.
Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by inene: 9:05pm On Jul 21, 2013
Anybody who read the book written by obasanjo's first wife would not be surprised. That Obasanjo is a coward is a well known fact my only problem is why did it take Gen Isma this long to tell this story. Obviously he dared not tell it when Baba was in charge so this story is hitting him below the belt. The only redemption is that some od the actors of the macabre drama are still around and can either collaborate the story or deny it. In the weeks to come Baba will surely come out with a rebuttal and it will be an interesting rebuttal.
Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by COOLDUN: 9:57pm On Jul 21, 2013
DerideGull:

I know you are partly Yoruba so being economical with the simple truth is understandable. Vietnam had been under French before the World War II but it was over run by Japan. When the Japanese pulled out of North Vietnam due to allied forces pressure, the people of Vietnam took the opportunity to establish their own government lead by Ho Chi Minh. However after the war, the victorious allies allowed France to govern South Vietnam while North Vietnam was controlled by the non-communist China. In 1946, France expressed intentions to reclaim North Vietnam but North Vietnamese led by Ho Chi Minh resisted the idea and war broke out between two countries.

The France, supported by western allies including USA, elected to appoint Bao Dai as the leader of Vietnam while Russia, China and Eastern Europe refused to recognize his rule instead supported Ho Chi Minh as leader of Vietnam.

I shall stop here so that you have a chance to rethink your begoted stand because Biafra was not allowed to function as a country without war for a day.

Please stop wasting your knowledge on this fellow who knows nothing about the history, the simplest matter of that Vietnamese war is Cold War between the USSR and the USA.

USA , retaliated during the USSR and Afghanistan war that ended in 1989 which the USSR was also defeated as the US in 1975.

What the Yorubas are happy for is any news that concerns the Biafra. I am happy that it was a Yoruba General that commented on his fellow Yoruba general, but they will now leave the message and attack the messenger.

Has OBJ denied this fact? this General responded to OBJ's boasting of being a gallant soldier , while we all heard of his running away when his boss Gen Murtala Ramat Muhamed was assassinated on the Friday 13Th February 1976, he was ordered to take over when he was found where he hid himself to take over as the second in command according by the military law. Because of fear he OBJ ruled Nigeria for almost 8 months with the picture of Late Gen Murtala Muhamed in his office then. instead of his own pictures.

All these bigots that are criticizing this General were not even born as at the time this incident happened. But see them ranting like a hungry hyaenas because Biafra is mentioned.

UP BIAFRA.
Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by jafsumar07: 10:05pm On Jul 21, 2013
This is serious.... Wasnt present when it all hapened. Each side giving different account of what hapened..... Where to stand n believe is nw a dilemma.... Abeg make all of wuna park well jare.... Mtwsss
Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by acume: 10:23pm On Jul 21, 2013
Something must be wrong with this Gen Alabi for not knowing military tactics, if you know how to fight, you must equally know how to protect your self. He is approaching Baba to go and die but he never volunteer to go and lead the war front. This man must be a full, knowing how to fight is knowing how to run, i rest my case.
Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by Tolexander: 10:42pm On Jul 21, 2013
samkoro:

Biafra was beaten by Colonial masters Britain(the war started barely six yrs after they gave Nigeria independence),U.S ,Russia,France in the name of Nigeria.. Isreal,Ivory Coast,Equatorial gunea and Tanzania were the only counytries in the whole world that supported Biafra.

Biafran fought with Marchets,localy made weapons and arms gotten from dead Nigerian soldiers.There were known and clear facts.
france fought on the side of nigerian side?
The same reason why this section should be restricted from juveniles!

See your life.
Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by deavicky(m): 12:28am On Jul 22, 2013
OBJ is an intellegent man he knows he will on day rule this country so put himself infront to die. I'm sure he was at the back of those 1400 person that died during his first attack. I see y my father don't like him
Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by supereagle(m): 6:03am On Jul 22, 2013
inene: Anybody who read the book written by obasanjo's first wife would not be surprised. That Obasanjo is a coward is a well known fact my only problem is why did it take Gen Isma this long to tell this story. Obviously he dared not tell it when Baba was in charge so this story is hitting him below the belt. The only redemption is that some od the actors of the macabre drama are still around and can either collaborate the story or deny it. In the weeks to come Baba will surely come out with a rebuttal and it will be an interesting rebuttal.
One, the man went to USA went OBJ retired him from Army in 77 at age of 37yr
When he came back he celebrated his birthday , Akinriande asked him if he has read OBJ's Book my command , the man said no , Akinriande told him that if read it he would fall sick and he bought 2 copies for him as a birthday present. When the man read he said that he had stomach ache for two days because of lies he raised in his book ,my command .
Two,he claimed that he didn't know that had what it takes to write a book,the idea came up when reed OBJ's book.
Most of the questions you people are raising here has been answered when the Nations Newspaper interviewed him.
Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by kettykin: 6:38am On Jul 22, 2013
With all these revelations , how would the civil war had played out if the Niger delta was committed to the cause of biafra and if the Soviet union and Britain were neutral or had supported both Nigeria and biafra , the war would have been fought to a very logical conclusion with a clear winner and a clear looser. This is what I believe will happen in 2015 when the general election results is announced in favor of the opposition candidates, Nigeria will go into an emergency war
Re: Obasanjo Was A Clueless War Commander —gen Alabi-isama by FunkyJustice(m): 10:08am On Jul 22, 2013
mascot87: Either baba is clueless or not,coward or not that doesnt matter now but what matters is that baba is alive, strong, well and had a record of d first military civilian democratically elected president of Nigeria.Baba is alive to tell his story and now enjoying himself everywhere he goes. What has this Alabi achieved as a general and who knows him self? Can he step into where obj step both locally and internationally? Bad belle man seeking media attention.We no sabi u abeg go sit down somewhere. Them just dey beef obj cos he is more successful than them mtwwww
,,meennn,u jst sounded lik a kid..an army general means ntn 2 u!!"u evn termed it bad belle''.hw many army general com 4rm ur village,,anywaz u wnt undstnd til u go tru any armed forces recruitment process,training,courses den suceed 4 d enlistment,den climb tru d ranks 2 an ARMY GENERAL na wen u go no say no b beans..tink oo..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Explosion Hits Agip Pipeline In Bayelsa / We Intend To Install CCTV On Highways - Buhari Tells South-West Royal Fathers / 2023: Buratai Meets APC Presidential Candidate, Bola Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.