Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? (17670 Views)

Buhari Is A Three War Veteran Nigerian Ever Produced! / Kemi Adeosun Ties With Awolowo As 4rd Most Accomplished Yoruba / The Most Accomplished Nigerian Expatriate In South Africa Unveiled (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by emiye(m): 5:53pm On Jul 22, 2013
Accomplishment by my own definition means someone who touched or made positive impacts on millions or billions of life.

I will give it to Awolowo, for his positive impact on past and present generations of the yorubas in particular and Nigerians in general.

1 Like

Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by mastroesco(m): 5:56pm On Jul 22, 2013
Lordlexy: And how has his literature benefited us. He was part and parcel of d chaos that almost disintegrate Nigerians with his published fairy tales of biafran account. He's more of a disaster than an accomplisher, except for tribal jingoist, brain washed, ethnic bias mind like you who out of frustration would rather swallowed everytin he said hook, line and sinker without verifying fact.

Chaiiii. I doubt ur tribalistic Infections can ever be cured. Maybe spiritually cos I see tribalistic hatred lives in U.
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by Divinetouch(m): 6:10pm On Jul 22, 2013
ilugunboy: Sorry about the title..meant to read The Most accomplished Nigerian Ever? Nairaland don't give you the privilege to edit your post subject.

While answering a reporter question yesterday at the Hill Top mansion of former President Olusegun Obasanjo, one of the northern state governors said.

"We've come to meet the most accomplished Nigerian ever to discuss on matter of national importance"

Do you think that OBJ according to this governors is the most accomplished Nigerian ever?
:

mayb u shld ask d illiterate northern governor(s) who made d statement.
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by aodey: 6:34pm On Jul 22, 2013
Bleep your list if it doesn't contain Fela Anikulapo Kuti. The Nigerian with the biggest set of balls. Too bad some of you are too blind to see the impact of this legendary icon. When they have a biopic or Broadway show on another Nigerian, let me know. 2nd base jare
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by kaeto(m): 6:39pm On Jul 22, 2013
Ola Johnson: Living, I give it to Wole Soyinka; dead, I give it to Obafemi Awolowo.
i beg to differ.
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by kaeto(m): 6:51pm On Jul 22, 2013
Orikinla: [size=18pt]The legacies of the great Sage Chief Obafemi Awolowo are enough to make him the most accomplished Nigerian ever for if every premier in the first republic had done what Awolowo did for his own people, Nigeria will not be in this mess today caused by the failures of the Igbo leaders and Hausa leaders.

The best universities and colleges are in the west and they are the legacies of Awolowo.
The best banks are in the west and enjoying the legacies of the greatest Nigerian political leader who did his best for his people and other Nigerians, but was betrayed and cheated from becoming the President of Nigeria that even the great Lion of Biafra Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu said Awolowo was the best President Nigeria never had. And this is true.

The tragedy of our youths today is their intellectual ignorance?
I was not even 21 when I read all the books of Awolowo and what did I gain?
I achieved what no youth of my age achieved as at 20, when I was able to afford to sponsor the participation of Nigeria in two international book fairs in Japan, at 21 I was a project artist for the famous Johns Hopkins University for the Population Communication Services in Nigeria and over 1 million copies of the Family Planning booklets I produced in Pidgin English, Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa were distributed all over Nigeria, at 24 I became an Art/Features Editor for the national Kiddies World magazine and at 25 I became a program consultant for UNICEF. And today, I am the publisher of the most circulated Nigerian publication on Nollywood, my NOLLYWOOD MIRROR(R) and other landmark achievements. Thanks to the good education from the solid foundation of Awolowo in Western Nigeria.
But how many of our youths today have even bothered to read his books?

Why are Igbos and Hausas flocking to Western Nigeria?
Because this is the America of Nigeria.
Lagos alone is richer than all the Eastern and Southern states combined.
Lagos does not need palm oil, crude oil or cassava to survive.
Awolowo to the glory and glory of God alone remains the most accomplished Nigerian ever.[/size] grin
but no accomplished man commits suicide, it's only irredeemable frustrations at attempts of perfection that fuel the courage for one to take his own life. You need to read books on how awo ole wo died of rat poison mixed with ijebu garri without even ordinary groundnut, only then will you put a stop to your empty chest beating.

1 Like

Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by badmeat(m): 6:55pm On Jul 22, 2013
Ateke tom angry
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by solomon111(m): 7:17pm On Jul 22, 2013
Orikinla: [size=18pt]The legacies of the great Sage Chief Obafemi Awolowo are enough to make him the most accomplished Nigerian ever for if every premier in the first republic had done what Awolowo did for his own people, Nigeria will not be in this mess today caused by the failures of the Igbo leaders and Hausa leaders.

The best universities and colleges are in the west and they are the legacies of Awolowo.
The best banks are in the west and enjoying the legacies of the greatest Nigerian political leader who did his best for his people and other Nigerians, but was betrayed and cheated from becoming the President of Nigeria that even the great Lion of Biafra Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu said Awolowo was the best President Nigeria never had. And this is true.

The tragedy of our youths today is their intellectual ignorance?
I was not even 21 when I read all the books of Awolowo and what did I gain?
I achieved what no youth of my age achieved as at 20, when I was able to afford to sponsor the participation of Nigeria in two international book fairs in Japan, at 21 I was a project artist for the famous Johns Hopkins University for the Population Communication Services in Nigeria and over 1 million copies of the Family Planning booklets I produced in Pidgin English, Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa were distributed all over Nigeria, at 24 I became an Art/Features Editor for the national Kiddies World magazine and at 25 I became a program consultant for UNICEF. And today, I am the publisher of the most circulated Nigerian publication on Nollywood, my NOLLYWOOD MIRROR(R) and other landmark achievements. Thanks to the good education from the solid foundation of Awolowo in Western Nigeria.
But how many of our youths today have even bothered to read his books?

Why are Igbos and Hausas flocking to Western Nigeria?
Because this is the America of Nigeria.
Lagos alone is richer than all the Eastern and Southern states combined.
Lagos does not need palm oil, crude oil or cassava to survive.
Awolowo to the glory and glory of God alone remains the most accomplished Nigerian ever.[/size] grin
This is BS.
1)igbos are not in the SW because the SW is "america" or anything.
Igbos are also in the North including yobe and maiduguri.
2)lagos is not as rich as you put it.
Definitely not richer than all the SE/SS states.
Imo state alone will give lagos a run for her money
3)awolowo has nothing to do with the economic potential of lagos.
Lagos was a former federal capital for quite sometime which accounts for its relative devt.
4)Apart from lagos,most if not all SW states cannot be compared to SS/SW states in many indices of devt.
Which is why yorubas like claiming lagos.
5)The SW has the highest percentage of poor people after the north.
6)All the SW states are still heavily dependent on Niger-delta resources.
Without oil-revenues,they will all go broke.

13 Likes

Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by solomon111(m): 7:23pm On Jul 22, 2013
And lastly,the SE/SS have surpassed the SW,when it comes to education.
Jamb enrollment statistics and unity schools cutt-off marks can attest to that.

1 Like

Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by rash47(m): 9:16pm On Jul 22, 2013
Yes he is= obj
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jul 22, 2013
Divine touch: :

mayb u shld ask d illiterate northern governor(s) who made d statement.

You are dumb!...and with this your f00lish comment, you are not better than the Almajiris in Potiskum ...Azare.or Hadeija

What should I ask them....they made the statement and all am asking NL members is to validate it or give a different opinion.

Really...some of you should have nothing doing in this community.
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by slevin1(m): 10:50pm On Jul 22, 2013
Lordlexy: And how has his literature benefited us. He was part and parcel of d chaos that almost disintegrate Nigerians with his published fairy tales of biafran account. He's more of a disaster than an accomplisher, except for tribal jingoist, brain washed, ethnic bias mind like you who out of frustration would rather swallowed everytin he said hook, line and sinker without verifying fact.

It would seem ur yrs of schooling was wasted since u couldn't understand the difference between someone who's accomplished and someone who's a philanthropist. Visit ur oxford cos na wetin u get. Go and accomplish for urself and then save the world if u want to. *people talking like they're apostolic preachers*
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by neyobillz: 11:31pm On Jul 22, 2013
The most accomplished Nigerian is OBJ,the word ACCOMPLISHED means someone who has got to the peak of their career and has been able to achieve his aims and objectives despite all odds,it has nothing to do with his political or economic policies while he was in govt,Nelson Mandela is the most accomplished man in the world,coming to 9JA,OBJ is the most accomplished,at least he is still the only surviving man to have ruled Nigeria both in camouflage and Agbada closely followed by the legendary Abami Eda.
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by Nobody: 12:49am On Jul 23, 2013
Simply, GANI FAWEHINMIN For all Nigerians
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by donlet(m): 6:15am On Jul 23, 2013
He is now or do u hear of any other Nigerian that has ruled this country for three terms. singing Labaika .......olusegun obasanjo omo jomolo
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by olamikhail(m): 7:19am On Jul 23, 2013
Adejoro74: Politics and leadership (for good or bad): Obasanjo
Wealth and business acumen (whether real or fronting for others): Dangoge
Literature: Achebe: most roundly accomplished and most read literary giant
Sports: Kanu Nwanko
Highest degree: Ndubuisi Ekekwe: holds two PhD degrees and contributing to Africa's IT development in ways no other Nigerian has
Selflessness (as far as the eye can see): Dora Akunyili
Service to their people: Awo and Ojukwu
Religion?
Culture?

Correction:Sports is Mikel Obi.(No Olympic Gold,bt he got some things things Kanu never got,(i.e Nations cup,Europa league)
well it seems its a topic for debate on another day.
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by LBT: 8:06am On Jul 23, 2013
Gbawe1:

The Governor is clearly being sycophantic. OBJ, for too many reasons than is possible to count, and far from being the most accomplished Nigerian ever, has been one of the biggest impediment to the progress of Nigeria over decades.

Of course fellow politician will praise him because he is known to have kept Nigerian united and , for them, he must be given credit for helping to perpetuate our current lootocracy democracy dispensation that abets the garish opulence and self-aggrandizement they all enjoy uninterrupted. For ordinary Nigerians, OBJ is an unmitigated disaster who has left them betrayed, poorer and more underdeveloped. Exactly like IBB, Abacha et al.
Though am not a fan of Obj he could be so acclaimed; he received biafra surrender, founding member of PDP( funny party), he became head of state and also had 2 terms as Nigerian civilian president. God have in a way used him to keep Nigeria one when the country were in the un-known waters, but anything outside of these I don't think so.
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by AdekunleBalogun: 8:16am On Jul 23, 2013
obviously Prof. Wole Soyinka.....
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by koladebrainiac(m): 8:45am On Jul 23, 2013
well,i can understand from the angle of the northern governors considering the ways he made most of them governors n president during 1979 n 2003 - 2011,jonathan inclusive. I can say Obj has accomplished at these point in history. But is he the most? Far from it! Where is Albert Macauly? Those he wrestled us from british occupation and The Great Zik? And my Baba Awo!Hahaha. I am a young man o.i didnt witnes al these but how come their deeds bleed al tru history. Even Enahoro is much accomplished than Obj. I never count Ojukwu,Buhari,ibb or Obj to accomplish anything. Go to Ile Ife,you wil see Awo acomplishment,go to Ibadan, his accomplishment is bleeding thru history. Obj my yoruba ass. Who is calling Chinua Achebe? I go call amadioha to strike those people down! What achebe is is a disintegrator if there is such word,same mind like ojukwu. We say accomplished nigerian you guys are naming destroyers.
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by koladebrainiac(m): 9:05am On Jul 23, 2013
@slevin:

It would seem ur yrs of schooling was wasted since u couldn't understand the difference between someone who's accomplished and someone who's a philanthropist. Visit ur oxford cos na wetin u get. Go and accomplish for urself and then save the world if u want to. *people talking like they're apostolic preachers*
Sharap thr. If you are naming accomplish in terms of Personal glory,i will mention dozens of nigerians. Where u put Wole shoyinka? A noble prize winner. Where you put Agbani Darego,most beautful girl in the whole wide world. Where you put Pastor Adeboye? Oyakilohme? Dangote,otedola,mike Adenuga,Atiku, nwakwo Kanu, Mikel Obi, Dora Akinyuli? Fela Anikulapo even Okonjo iweala. You be ode,mumu. But over all accomplish man should be between Awo,Zik and Albert Macauley-given by their works and what they can show for it. University,Printing press=education,cocoa house,Banks=economy, First TV station=information, and as a politician sentiment apart, this man has accomplished
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by Willy4Willy: 10:14am On Jul 23, 2013
maskid:
what did the greedy tribalist accomplish?
As the Finance Minister, He spearhead the institutionalization of Corruption in Nigeria
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by Willy4Willy: 10:18am On Jul 23, 2013
emiye: I will give it to Awolowo, for his positive impact on past and present generations of the yorubas in particular and Nigerians in general.
Awo taught many Yorubas how to be corrupt
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by wiselyfrank: 12:28pm On Jul 23, 2013
Adejoro74: Accomplishment is in the eyes of the beholder. What are the criteria?
Wealth, education, politics, leadership, touching humanity positively, business acumen, highest degree, religion, culture etc

And any such ranking should be done age-for-age and opportunity-for-opportunity.
Just wanted to ask dis question, i guess u've said all in my mind.
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by mandarin: 1:19pm On Jul 23, 2013
Highest degree: Ndubuisi Ekekwe: holds two PhD degrees and contributing to Africa's IT development in ways no other Nigerian has
Religion?
Culture?

The word 'most' cannot be affixed to a single individual but some of the most accomplished.
That said we have a couple of people with two Ph.D from Ekiti, but contribution to scientific or breakthroughs, you do not have to have a doctoral degree to do that.I will nominate among others Philip Emegwali, Adebisi Adedeji, Femi Aluko,
Religion : I will nominate Joseph Ayo Babalola, Benson Idahosa, Adejare Adeboye in that category
career: Wole Soyinka ,Chinua Achebe, Afe Babalola, Emeka Anyanoku, King sunny Ade,et al
Business: Elizade etc
Politics: Awo, Obasanjo,Sola Saraki,Bola Tinubu,Ezeife,Aminu Kano,
The list is endless
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by POTUT(m): 1:27pm On Jul 23, 2013
Religion?
Culture?
It's quite easy to agree with you...
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jul 23, 2013
koladebrainiac: well,i can understand from the angle of the northern governors considering the ways he made most of them governors n president during 1979 n 2003 - 2011,jonathan inclusive. I can say Obj has accomplished at these point in history. But is he the most? Far from it! Where is Albert Macauly? Those he wrestled us from british occupation and The Great Zik? And my Baba Awo!Hahaha. I am a young man o.i didnt witnes al these but how come their deeds bleed al tru history. Even Enahoro is much accomplished than Obj. I never count Ojukwu,Buhari,ibb or Obj to accomplish anything. Go to Ile Ife,you wil see Awo acomplishment,go to Ibadan, his accomplishment is bleeding thru history. Obj my yoruba ass. Who is calling Chinua Achebe? I go call amadioha to strike those people down! What achebe is is a disintegrator if there is such word,same mind like ojukwu. We say accomplished nigerian you guys are naming destroyers.

let me pretend i didnt see some shit u raised, Herbert Macaulay was the most unaccomplished.
He died in 1944 , without achieving the independence. He kept fighting for it even in sickness. He finally handed the battle over to Nnamdi Azikiwe before death.
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jul 23, 2013
Willy4Willy:
Awo taught many Yorubas how to be corrupt

more than that actually.
He did well for them bfr d civil war actually. After then, smh
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by kilode95(f): 5:42am On Nov 17, 2013
uj_sizzle:
ilike smiley
Religion: The Catholic church. They have managed to spread their tentacles even to the most remote areas.

Culture: hmmm Dunno yet.

Catholic Church

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ekweremadu, PDP Hypocrisy - By Jonathan Nda-Isaiah / N23.29b Poll Bribe: Buhari To Determine Fate Of Recs / Ranches: FG To Use Own Land As States Resist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.