Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,246 members, 7,953,926 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:05 AM

The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? (17741 Views)

Buhari Is A Three War Veteran Nigerian Ever Produced! / Kemi Adeosun Ties With Awolowo As 4rd Most Accomplished Yoruba / The Most Accomplished Nigerian Expatriate In South Africa Unveiled (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by chosen04(f): 3:52pm On Jul 22, 2013
ShyM-X:

- Hakeem Olajuwon: the greatest basketball player of African/Nigerian descent - no one else is close. He was so good, he was named "The Dream" and his "dream shake" is one of the best skills in basketball. Arguably the greatest center to play the game - and definitely top 20 greatest basketball players ever.

Wonders shall never end ohhh.....

you mean this dude that donated money to a 'suspecious'' islamic movement days before the september 11, 2011 tregedy is someone's most accomplished ni.GERian?
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by Rooneyboy(m): 3:55pm On Jul 22, 2013
nadia_SA: [size=13pt] OJB [/size]
And what does she know about Nigeria
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jul 22, 2013
Sir louis Ojukwu-The first nigerian multi-millionaire.

Samuel Ajayi Crowther-First black bishop of the anglican church and first person to tranalate the bible to yoruba.

2 Likes

Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by sexkilzaphull: 4:01pm On Jul 22, 2013
Adejoro74:

Bigot. What did Wole achieve? A noble prize in literature.
What did Awo achieve? Leading his ethnic group
Those are your yardsticks. What else?

Okay I get it, both are Yorubas like you.

And who are you to call another a bigot? You are the smelliest, most disgusting, extremely stup.id bigot on NL and you call another a bigot? What a pharisaic nematode from the Niger waterside? It is on record that most of you are bigots but think by deflecting this reality to others, it pulls wool over the eyes of the far more sophisticated people in the West, North, and even the so called minorities of Nigeria! Well, the man has given his opinion and you should either live with it or jump into the Niger river with a big stone tied around your neck! Chief Obafemi Awolowo is eons ahead of anything that can or will ever come out of your geographical space and in a more civilized space, your ilk would be summarily decapitated even for mentioning his name! You are welcome to crown anything that was responsible for destroying 3 M lives he pretended to "lead" but dressed like a woman to escape to Abidjan, that is your own cup of tea but dare not take the names of people like Professor Wole Soyinka who looked every beast in the eye and stood his ground, when it was most politically inexpedient and went to jail for standing up for the humanity that your "hero" willingly destroyed 3 M without batting an eyelid and yet disappeared when it was time to account for his convictions!

3 Likes

Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by sexkilzaphull: 4:03pm On Jul 22, 2013
chukwudi44: Sir louis Ojukwu-The first nigerian multi-millionaire.

Samuel Ajayi Crowther-First black bishop of the anglican church and first person to tranalate the bible to yoruba.

Bishop Ajayi Crowther also was one of the Yoruba men who helped to teach your grandfathers how to write! Go look it up! In the end, it is clear that the Easterners owe the Western Yorubas a huge debt that can never be repaid to 0.1% for the gift of writing that you were taught and received back in the day!
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by Adejoro74: 4:05pm On Jul 22, 2013
se.xkilza.phull:

Bishop Ajayi Crowther also was one of the Yoruba men who helped to teach your grandfathers how to write! Go look it up! In the end, it is clear that the Easterners owe the Western Yorubas a huge debt that can never be repaid to 0.1% for the gift of writing that you were taught and received back in the day!

Please show evidence that Ajayi taught Igbos how to read and write. We are waiting

1 Like

Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by chosen04(f): 4:13pm On Jul 22, 2013
veraponpo:

To say you are correct is to be the most foolish and to say you are wrong is to be sentimental but if critically viewed, Achebe did not accomplish some of the most important things he intended to achieve. He died of regrets and pains. He could not even stay in his fatherland. 'There was a country' highlights one of the things he couldn't achieve. He was a minister in a dead country. Obasanjo single-handedly brought the Vice President of Biafra to Lagos and the President(Ojukwu) had to run away for Obasanjo as a marine commando. Achebe to me was successful but to himself he wasn't an achiever.

Go and read Alabi-Isama book and stop toeing the path of that self glorifier called OBJ

veraponpo:

To say you are correct is to be the most foolish and to say you are wrong is to be sentimental but if critically viewed, Achebe did not accomplish some of the most important things he intended to achieve. He died of regrets and pains. He could not even stay in his fatherland. 'There was a country' highlights one of the things he couldn't achieve. He was a minister in a dead country. Obasanjo single-handedly brought the Vice President of Biafra to Lagos and the President(Ojukwu) had to run away for Obasanjo as a marine commando. Achebe to me was successful but to himself he wasn't an achiever.

Go and read Alabi-Isama book and stop toeing the path of that self glorifier

veraponpo:

Go and read Alabi-Isama book and stop toeing the path of that self glorifier
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by maskid(m): 4:13pm On Jul 22, 2013
Willy4Willy:
OBJ is not, the most accomplished is Awolowo the father of Afria

what did the greedy tribalist accomplish?
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by maskid(m): 4:15pm On Jul 22, 2013
se.xkilza.phull:

And who are you to call another a bigot? You are the smelliest, most disgusting, extremely stup.id bigot on NL and you call another a bigot? What a pharisaic nematode from the Niger waterside? It is on record that most of you are bigots but think by deflecting this reality to others, it pulls wool over the eyes of the far more sophisticated people in the West, North, and even the so called minorities of Nigeria! Well, the man has given his opinion and you should either live with it or jump into the Niger river with a big stone tied around your neck! Chief Obafemi Awolowo is eons ahead of anything that can or will ever come out of your geographical space and in a more civilized space, your ilk would be summarily decapitated even for mentioning his name! You are welcome to crown anything that was responsible for destroying 3 M lives he pretended to "lead" but dressed like a woman to escape to Abidjan, that is your own cup of tea but dare not take the names of people like Professor Wole Soyinka who looked every beast in the eye and stood his ground, when it was most politically inexpedient and went to jail for standing up for the humanity that your "hero" willingly destroyed 3 M without batting an eyelid and yet disappeared when it was time to account for his convictions!

seriously., do u know that you are raving MAD?

2 Likes

Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by solomon111(m): 4:17pm On Jul 22, 2013
Sweetlemon:

Politics : Bola Tinubu. In terms of being the most intelligent player in the game
Literature: Wole Soyinka
Religion: Pastor Enoch Adeboye. he leads a size of congregation that most pastors can only dream of
Culture: ?
I know you were yoruba.
Your bigotry shines through you.
Yet you were claiming cross-river/calabar in another thread just to prove a point.
Smdh.

4 Likes

Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by kzokul(m): 4:18pm On Jul 22, 2013
Aliko Dangote,Chinua Achebe,Ngozi Okonjo Iweala,Nwankwo Kanu(papilo),Innocent Ujah Idibia(2baba himself)..... This mentioned names av been outstanding and carried Nigeria internationally in their fields...as far as am concerned they can b termed ACCOMPLISHED Nigerians in their fields of display....
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 22, 2013
I think the most accomplished Nigerian(s) r infact dead! And are already flexing the mansions in heaven. How else can one be accomplished? If after all the name and wealth, u end up in eternal damnation, what have u achieved? Vanity!

2 Likes

Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 22, 2013
Lordlexy: And how has his literature benefited us. He was part and parcel of d chaos that almost disintegrate Nigerians with his published fairy tales of biafran account. He's more of a disaster than an accomplisher, except for tribal jingoist, brain washed, ethnic bias mind like you who out of frustration would rather swallowed everytin he said hook, line and sinker without verifying fact.

is that d only book u know of Achebe.
Besides yorubas, d book is accepted world wide and is in US IOS best books of 2012. Is it not an accomplishment? Or when have the yoruba opinions mattered worldwide? Achebe no dey play local league o.

Anyway, i still dont think Achebe is the most accomplished cos am sure he would loved to see Biafra again before he died.

And who is d person that mentioned Awolowo again? O di egwu.
Did he get the presidency abokis promised him before d war? NO. They even had to rig d elections to favour Shagari.

Did igbos get pauperized after giving them 20 pounds? NO
The thoughts of all these made him swallow rat poison. Accomplished persons dont commit sucide

7 Likes

Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by basty: 4:21pm On Jul 22, 2013
Pastor E.A. Adeboye
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by maskid(m): 4:21pm On Jul 22, 2013
se.xkilza.phull:

and what did Philip emeagwali, CHinua,PN Okeke, Chike Obi teach ur FADA

1 Like

Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jul 22, 2013
Lordlexy: And how has his literature benefited us. He was part and parcel of d chaos that almost disintegrate Nigerians with his published fairy tales of biafran account. He's more of a disaster than an accomplisher, except for tribal jingoist, brain washed, ethnic bias mind like you who out of frustration would rather swallowed everytin he said hook, line and sinker without verifying fact.
Probably if you had been opportuned to be taught by him, you would have known that "would rather" isn't supposed to go with a verb in the past tense. And there is no word like jingoist!! Tribal jingoist--WTH? Jingoism is the noun of the adjective jingoistic! And please never say tribal jingoism--it doesn't sound right.
He is my MENTOR, dude. Go find yours!

2 Likes

Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 22, 2013
Am even thinking alongside the celebrities in entertainment like Genevive nnaji( hate her or luv her) , she has attained her highest possible level in d industry as far as Nigeria/nollywood is concerned.

Others as Kanu Nwankwo,etc ;

Politicians, businessmen, industrialists dont feel accomplished till they die.
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by IdomaLikita: 4:35pm On Jul 22, 2013
Errrrrrm.....Mua kwanu?
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by farem: 4:40pm On Jul 22, 2013
Willy4Willy:
OBJ is not, the most accomplished is Awolowo the father of Afria
[color=#990000
I COULDN'T AGREE LESS! LONG AFTER HIM, HIS LEGACY OF FORESIGHT AND ADMINISTRATION ARE STILL THE REFERENCE POINTS, HIS HATERS INCLUSIVE . CHECK HIS CONTEMPORARIES, THEY ARE NO MATCH GIVEN THIS INDICES.
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by ALTRUTH(m): 4:47pm On Jul 22, 2013
[quote
author=farem][color=#990000
I COULDN'T AGREE LESS! LONG AFTER HIM, HIS LEGACY OF FORESIGHT AND
ADMINISTRATION ARE STILL THE REFERENCE POINTS, HIS HATERS INCLUSIVE .
CHECK HIS CONTEMPORARIES, THEY ARE NO MATCH GIVEN THIS INDICES.[/quote]

Ur Awolowo is d tribalistic father of treacherous betraying yoruba vultures nd nothing more. Dat is where his influence ends, take it or leave it.
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jul 22, 2013
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by Sweetlemon(f): 4:54pm On Jul 22, 2013
solomon111: I know you were yoruba.
Yet you were claiming cross-river/calabar in another thread just to prove a point.
Smdh.
solomon111: I know you were yoruba.
Smdh.

So because I did not mention any Akwa-Ibom or Cross River person I am not from there ba?
Not everybody sees the world through their home towns you know. Especially not me. I give pay everybody their dues regardless of where they come from and I couldn't possibly care less. one of the reasons why my fiance is not from my region.
Nansense!
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by farem: 5:01pm On Jul 22, 2013
django1:

Is catholic church a person?
Abi u meant the most accomplised nigerian is the pope?
[color=#990000
WAEC FAILED!
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by kunle70: 5:02pm On Jul 22, 2013
I think its terry G d ginjah master or anyfin contraty dudes ;DI think its terry G d ginjah master or anyfin contraty dudes
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by Btruth: 5:07pm On Jul 22, 2013
Won ntan nii! (they are deceiving him).

You know if you want to catch a monkey, you must behave like one. That was exactly what happen. They needed his support to knock off GEJ come 2015. So, they will have to play it cool with him & give him all sort of praises to get his attention.

But the man is smart though.........lol
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by Austinodark(m): 5:09pm On Jul 22, 2013
Ayo Fayose,Alao Akala,OGD,Obafemi Martins,Bode George,Olamide,Dimeji Bankole,these are to some people!
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by maskid(m): 5:20pm On Jul 22, 2013
farem: [color=#990000
I COULDN'T AGREE LESS! LONG AFTER HIM, HIS LEGACY OF FORESIGHT AND ADMINISTRATION ARE STILL THE REFERENCE POINTS, HIS HATERS INCLUSIVE . CHECK HIS CONTEMPORARIES, THEY ARE NO MATCH GIVEN THIS INDICES.

pls can u outline them 4 us. we want to know.
apart from being premier of western region (local champion) which odapost did he hold??. did he even win any oda election? mschteeeeew
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by yoged(m): 5:29pm On Jul 22, 2013
Eze ndi Gbururu or is it Gburugburu. Ojukwu.

1 Like

Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jul 22, 2013
ShyM-X:
Damn! I can't believe someone posted "Catholic Church." grin

Nigerian youths are intellectually deficient and they read everything upside down.

That being said, the only thing the catholic church accomplished is sending pedo priests all over Nigeria to molest little black boys!! undecided
shyM-X, why dint you reply onila on her thread. I'm very sure you saw it. The poor babe needs ur love. tongue
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by solomon111(m): 5:42pm On Jul 22, 2013
Sweetlemon:

So because I did not mention any Akwa-Ibom or Cross River person I am not from there ba?
Not everybody sees the world through their home towns you know. Especially not me. I give pay everybody their dues regardless of where they come from and I couldn't possibly care less. one of the reasons why my fiance is not from my region.
Nansense!
okay ma.
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by solomon111(m): 5:48pm On Jul 22, 2013
I am sure those mentioning awolowo are having a laugh.
Awolowo can never be the most accomplished Nigerian.
He is not even the most accomplished yoruba let alone Nigeria.
He was just a yoruba hero.
Even azikiwe was more nationalistic.

2 Likes

Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Jul 22, 2013
Aliko Dangote

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chief Olu Falae Finally Released / WSJ: Nigeria’s Cost Of Oil Production Now World’s 3rd Most Expensive / Why We Have Not Rescued Leah Sharibu, Others — Defence Headquarters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.