Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? (17669 Views)

Buhari Is A Three War Veteran Nigerian Ever Produced! / Kemi Adeosun Ties With Awolowo As 4rd Most Accomplished Yoruba / The Most Accomplished Nigerian Expatriate In South Africa Unveiled (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by UjSizzle(f): 2:15pm On Jul 22, 2013
Adejoro74: Politics and leadership (for good or bad): Obasanjo
Wealth and business acumen (whether real or fronting for others): Dangoge
Literature: Achebe: most roundly accomplished and most read literary giant
Sports: Kanu Nwanko
Highest degree: Ndubuisi Ekekwe: holds two PhD degrees and contributing to Africa's IT development in ways no other Nigerian has
Selflessness (as far as the eye can see): Dora Akunyili
Service to their people: Awo and Ojukwu
Religion?
Culture?
ilike smiley
Religion: The Catholic church. They have managed to spread their tentacles even to the most remote areas.

Culture: hmmm Dunno yet.
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by backtosender: 2:20pm On Jul 22, 2013
op
have you notice that only in nigeria you will hear things like,our company are number one distributor in the world hahahahaha but na who know the company naaah undecided even google no no sad
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jul 22, 2013
nadia_SA: [size=13pt] OBJ [/size]
For ur SA u mean? They is one Man called FELA he remains nigeria most Accomplish man.
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 2:22pm On Jul 22, 2013
ilugunboy: Sorry about the title..meant to read The Most accomplished Nigerian Ever? Nairaland don't give you the privilege to edit your post subject.

While answering a reporter question yesterday at the Hill Top mansion of former President Olusegun Obasanjo, one of the northern state governors said.

"We've come to meet the most accomplished Nigerian ever to discuss on matter of national importance"

Do you think that OBJ according to this governors is the most accomplished Nigerian ever?
let's see a little of his notable feats:

1. No debt after leaving office. Even as a military presido.

2. Huge foreign reserve. Even as a military presido.

3. Gsm

4. Satallite lunch. Built by indigenous engrs.

5. Rapid ans aggressive encouragement of SMEs.

6. Squashing of act of terrorism even before it commenses.

7. Good international relations btw fellow african countries

Well, this will do. I think he is.
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jul 22, 2013
Willy4Willy:
OBJ is not, the most accomplished is Awolowo the father of Afria
Where is Afria

1 Like

Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by enyice(m): 2:30pm On Jul 22, 2013
#RESERVED!
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by God4memi: 2:31pm On Jul 22, 2013
It depends basically on area of consideration. Mine however is my beloved Pastor E.A. Adeboye. His accomplishment is far beyond the president of a Nation.
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jul 22, 2013
uj_sizzle:
ilike smiley
Religion: The Catholic church. They have managed to spread their tentacles even to the most remote areas.

Culture: hmmm Dunno yet.

Is catholic church a person?
Abi u meant the most accomplised nigerian is the pope?

2 Likes

Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by Orikinla(m): 2:43pm On Jul 22, 2013
[size=18pt]The legacies of the great Sage Chief Obafemi Awolowo are enough to make him the most accomplished Nigerian ever for if every premier in the first republic had done what Awolowo did for his own people, Nigeria will not be in this mess today caused by the failures of the Igbo leaders and Hausa leaders.

The best universities and colleges are in the west and they are the legacies of Awolowo.
The best banks are in the west and enjoying the legacies of the greatest Nigerian political leader who did his best for his people and other Nigerians, but was betrayed and cheated from becoming the President of Nigeria that even the great Lion of Biafra Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu said Awolowo was the best President Nigeria never had. And this is true.

The tragedy of our youths today is their intellectual ignorance?
I was not even 21 when I read all the books of Awolowo and what did I gain?
I achieved what no youth of my age achieved as at 20, when I was able to afford to sponsor the participation of Nigeria in two international book fairs in Japan, at 21 I was a project artist for the famous Johns Hopkins University for the Population Communication Services in Nigeria and over 1 million copies of the Family Planning booklets I produced in Pidgin English, Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa were distributed all over Nigeria, at 24 I became an Art/Features Editor for the national Kiddies World magazine and at 25 I became a program consultant for UNICEF. And today, I am the publisher of the most circulated Nigerian publication on Nollywood, my NOLLYWOOD MIRROR(R) and other landmark achievements. Thanks to the good education from the solid foundation of Awolowo in Western Nigeria.
But how many of our youths today have even bothered to read his books?

Why are Igbos and Hausas flocking to Western Nigeria?
Because this is the America of Nigeria.
Lagos alone is richer than all the Eastern and Southern states combined.
Lagos does not need palm oil, crude oil or cassava to survive.
Awolowo to the glory and glory of God alone remains the most accomplished Nigerian ever.[/size] grin

10 Likes

Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by stexsy(m): 2:47pm On Jul 22, 2013
Jonathan is d most accomplished nigerian...
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by badassnigga(m): 2:47pm On Jul 22, 2013
Makesense_Noni: Chinua Achebe should be the name pls...............non is above him

fvk what did ashebe achieve. he tried in vain to break up Nigeria. thas failure dude.
he actually died a frustrated man.

I give d most accomplished Nigeria in terms of politics to OBJ.

Wole Soyinka take d lead in literature.

while Alinko Dangote is d most accomplished entrepreneur.

2 Likes

Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by backtosender: 2:48pm On Jul 22, 2013
hahahahaha
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by honourabledisu: 2:53pm On Jul 22, 2013
As (BLACKS) Nigerians, if we dont have anybody to compare with Madela, of what use is HIs/Her accomplishment to the lame man.
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jul 22, 2013
ilugunboy: Sorry about the title..meant to read The Most accomplished Nigerian Ever? Nairaland don't give you the privilege to edit your post subject.

While answering a reporter question yesterday at the Hill Top mansion of former President Olusegun Obasanjo, one of the northern state governors said.

"We've come to meet the most accomplished Nigerian ever to discuss on matter of national importance"

Do you think that OBJ according to this governors is the most accomplished Nigerian ever?
politically he is the most accomplished.
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by ALTRUTH(m): 2:56pm On Jul 22, 2013
[quote

author=Orikinla][size=18pt]The legacies of the great Sage Chief Obafemi
Awolowo are enough to make him the most accomplished Nigerian ever for
if every premier in the first republic had done what Awolowo did for his
own people, Nigeria will not be in this mess today caused by the
failures of the Igbo leaders and Hausa leaders.

The best universities and colleges are in the west and they are the
legacies of Awolowo.
The best banks are in the west and enjoying the legacies of the greatest
Nigerian political leader who did his best for his people and other
Nigerians, but was betrayed and cheated from becoming the President of
Nigeria that even the great Lion of Biafra Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu
Ojukwu said Awolowo was the best President Nigeria never had. And this
is true.

The tragedy of our youths today is their intellectual ignorance?
I was not even 21 when I read all the books of Awolowo and what did I
gain?
I achieved what no youth of my age achieved as at 20, when I was able to
afford to sponsor the participation of Nigeria in two international
book fairs in Japan, at 21 I was a project artist for the famous Johns
Hopkins University for the Population Communication Services in Nigeria
and over 1 million copies of the Family Planning booklets I produced in
Pidgin English, Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa were distributed all over
Nigeria, at 24 I became an Art/Features Editor for the national Kiddies
World magazine and at 25 I became a program consultant for UNICEF. And
today, I am the publisher of the most circulated Nigerian publication on
Nollywood, my NOLLYWOOD MIRROR(R) and other landmark achievements.
Thanks to the good education from the solid foundation of Awolowo in
Western Nigeria.
But how many of our youths today have even bothered to read his books?

Why are Igbos and Hausas flocking to Western Nigeria?
Because this is the America of Nigeria.
Lagos alone is richer than all the Eastern and Southern states combined.
Lagos does not need palm oil, crude oil or cassava to survive.
Awolowo to the glory and glory of God alone remains the most
accomplished Nigerian ever.[/size] grin[/quote]

U are wrong. All Awolowo's achievements all revolve around his ppl, d
yorubas and ends there. He is nt d most accomplished Nigerian. He did nt even believe in Nigeria whch he referred to as a mere geographical xpression. He wz a tribalist nd d father & founder of tribalism in Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by jamallax89(m): 3:03pm On Jul 22, 2013
bigx: If lucky Jo brought Internet and Facebook to Nigeria, Why not Baba Iyabo?
Yes smiley
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 22, 2013
Damn!!! No one has mentioned Tonto Dikey....smh for nairalanders angry
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 22, 2013
The most accomplished doesn't necessarily mean the one who has changed Nigeria for good cause there is NONE. It means the most successful in whatever field they were/are in.
For me, there are 2. FELA and CHINUA ACHEBE
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by GenOrumov: 3:13pm On Jul 22, 2013
How is accomplishment measured. What are the parameters by which accomplishment is measured. The truth is that our accomplishment can never be measured by other people except us because our interests, desires and goals differ from each other. Accomplishment is the realisation of the goals we personally set for ourselves. Therefore, if you are able to do that, you are as well accomplished. Nobody is in charge of our lives except us.
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked sweetlemon? abi my eyes dey deceive me ni? after u say u no go come nairaland?
Sweetlemon:

Politics : Bola Tinubu. In terms of being the most intelligent player in the game
Literature: Wole Soyinka
Religion: Pastor Enoch Adeboye. he leads a number of congregation that most pastors can only dream of
Culture: ?
Damn! I can't believe someone posted "Catholic Church." grin

Nigerian youths are intellectually deficient and they read everything upside down.

That being said, the only thing the catholic church accomplished is sending pedo priests all over Nigeria to molest little black boys!! undecided

3 Likes

Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by ocheejemb: 3:17pm On Jul 22, 2013
Well, no one else has had the distinction of ruling this our Yard twice.
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by barackohandso(m): 3:19pm On Jul 22, 2013
This thread might have been born out of an honest and patriotic mind, but its just another avenue to create a tribal e-war.

@ topic
Accomplishments can't be in a single field, criterias have to be set, and each individual/agency that rates these things have theirs, which can be open to debate if not agreed on by others. The governor that mentioned OBJ obviously made his comment politically, with little reference to other fields.
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by TheMan3: 3:21pm On Jul 22, 2013
Me
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by Sweetlemon(f): 3:24pm On Jul 22, 2013
2s£xy:
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked sweetlemon? abi my eyes dey deceive me ni? after u say u no go come nairaland?

Lol! I'm back and better. Start getting used to that

1 Like

Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by cosify: 3:26pm On Jul 22, 2013
It is difficult to work out d most accomplished Nigerian ever.However,Chinua Achebe,Olusegun Obasanjo,Obafemi Awolowo,Wole Soyinka are formiddable contenders.
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 22, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy i like that. hope marriage done finalize o cheesy cheesy wink make all those haters enter fire angry
Sweetlemon:

Lol! I'm back and better. Start getting used to that
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jul 22, 2013
The most accomplished Nigerian in my opinion and based on the little I know about Nigerian icons has to be a 5-way tie.

I'd say: Obafemi Awolowo, Kanu, Wole Soyinka, Fela Kuti and Hakeem Olajuwon.

- Obafemi Awolowo: he's unarguably the greatest leader ever of Nigerian descent to walk this planet. What he achieved with the little he had speaks for itself. His leadership philosophy/ideology is still an unrivaled blueprint to date. You judge a great leader by his leadership ideology/philosophy - hence why Chairman Mao's leadership style became MAOism; Ronald Reagan and Reaganomics; you've got sons of Malcolm; and Winston Churchill is still ceiling for good leadership in the UK.

- Kanu: the most decorated Nigerian footballer ever.

- Wole Soyinka: no Nigerian is close to him when it comes to the quality of his works in literature. Quality not quantity. The first African and only Nigerian nobel prize in literature winner.

- Hakeem Olajuwon: the greatest basketball player of African/Nigerian descent - no one else is close. He was so good, he was named "The Dream" and his "dream shake" is one of the best skills in basketball. Arguably the greatest center to play the game - and definitely top 20 greatest basketball players ever.

- Fela Kuti: this man right here is my hero. After the first time I listened to his music, I became his biggest fan. No Nigerian artist will ever be close to him - he created his own genre of music and made the world accept the African-ness of his unique style. He's also the most sampled African artist ever. Hale Fela kuti - he's alive through his ever green music.

6 Likes

Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by chosen04(f): 3:35pm On Jul 22, 2013
The most accomplished ni.GERia must be the Yoruba sage - awolowo.

He helped to accomplish a ''disunited unity'' for the country.

Anybody who does not see the best president that the country never had as the most accomplished ni.GERian needs RAT POISON
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by cosify: 3:35pm On Jul 22, 2013
ShyM-X:
Damn! I can't believe someone posted "Catholic Church." grin

Nigerian youths are intellectually deficient and they read everything upside down.

That being said, the only thing the catholic church accomplished is sending pedo priests all over Nigeria to molest little black boys!! undecided
Your comments were totally unprovoked.You must be careful not to incur the wrath of God by such sacrilegious and irreverent comments you have made against the holy body of Christ. I will as much as possible avoid bandying words with you.
Re: The Most Accomplished Nigerian Ever? by veraponpo(m): 3:40pm On Jul 22, 2013
kettykin: Forbes, an American magazine has named 40 most influential People in Africa. On number one on the list is Nigeria’s 80-year-old literary icon, Chinua Achebe Achebe, who has written several novels, is best known with Things Fall Apart, which won him fame and was translated into over 57 other languages.

https://www.nairaland.com/780470/chinua-achebe-tops-list-40

Depending on how we look at accomplishments , some people's accomplishment ends in their Local Government or in their State but some other people's Accomplishment is celebrated all over the whole world by different races, tribes anc countries .
Chinua Achebe is the most accomplished Nigerian whose Intellectual property has been represented in the major Languages of the world and in the Major countries of the world

To say you are correct is to be the most foolish and to say you are wrong is to be sentimental but if critically viewed, Achebe did not accomplish some of the most important things he intended to achieve. He died of regrets and pains. He could not even stay in his fatherland. 'There was a country' highlights one of the things he couldn't achieve. He was a minister in a dead country. Obasanjo single-handedly brought the Vice President of Biafra to Lagos and the President(Ojukwu) had to run away for Obasanjo as a marine commando. Achebe to me was successful but to himself he wasn't an achiever.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Showdown Imminent As Senate Resumes / Buhari Returns To Abuja After Working Visit To Lagos / Victor Giwa: Malami Ordered My Arrest For Refusing To Implicate Magu – Lawyer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.