Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,738 members, 7,813,424 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:12 PM

Be Careful About Duas/adkhar Not In The Sunnah - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Be Careful About Duas/adkhar Not In The Sunnah (3930 Views)

The Sunnah Of Mental Focus / The Sunnah of Love / Marriage According To The Quran And Sunnah. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Be Careful About Duas/adkhar Not In The Sunnah by tbaba1234: 6:43pm On Jul 23, 2013
Today, I was given a 'dua' by someone close to me, it was supposed to be read x number of times. This dua is distributed by a famous 'assalatu group'. (In shaa Allah, after ramadan , id write a thread on them)

I did a little research on the dua to find its authenticity and I smiled because one of my teachers told a story of this particular 'dua' with one of his relations. It is popular in the india/pakistan axis but it has no basis in the sunnah. ZERO!!!

It even has an interesting back story. Apparently some righteous man was stuck in the middle of the sea. He is said to have seen a dream where he 'saw' the messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) and the dua was revealed to him. He was supposed to read it with the rest of the crew 1000 times, they read it a few times and they got to safety.

The above is quite funny because you can only base your duas on authentic narration of the messenger (peace and blessings be upon him), not some fairy tale.

The most problematic thing is that some of these things contain elements of shirk. May Allah protect us.

If any one gives you an adkhar/dua, verify the authencity first. You can always make dua in the language, you understand instead of some based on tales.

May Allah have mercy on us.
Re: Be Careful About Duas/adkhar Not In The Sunnah by Derealme(m): 6:57pm On Jul 23, 2013
na ji
Re: Be Careful About Duas/adkhar Not In The Sunnah by lanrexlan(m): 7:05pm On Jul 23, 2013
Is it solatul Fatihi? Cos I learnt it the person received it from the prophet in a dream.Some sects like Tijania said that if this dua is recited 3times,it's equivalent to the Quran.
Re: Be Careful About Duas/adkhar Not In The Sunnah by tbaba1234: 7:12pm On Jul 23, 2013
Lol... That is not the one...many people are having dreams.

May Allah protect us.
Re: Be Careful About Duas/adkhar Not In The Sunnah by lanrexlan(m): 7:14pm On Jul 23, 2013
tbaba1234: Lol... That is not the one...many people are having dreams.

May Allah protect us.
Amin,thumma ameen.Many duas that have no basis in the sunnah of the prophet(pbuh).
Re: Be Careful About Duas/adkhar Not In The Sunnah by busar(m): 7:40pm On Jul 23, 2013
Islam has turned into a religion where people back their ideas/worship with dreams. And they can't apply such claim in their worldly dealings. E.g No worker or manager can sell a goods that worth N20 N10 simply because his boss told him in his dream to sell it N10.Even a young child will rebuke him for that, but why do will toy/play with our religion in such a silly manner.
Note: Anybody(shayton) can appear to us in our dream and claim to be the prophet whereas he isn't.
Re: Be Careful About Duas/adkhar Not In The Sunnah by Sissie(f): 7:54pm On Jul 23, 2013
Shaytan can't appear in the form of prophet muhammad (SAW) in a dream.
the question is did the people really dream about the prophet?

2 Likes

Re: Be Careful About Duas/adkhar Not In The Sunnah by lanrexlan(m): 7:59pm On Jul 23, 2013
Sissie: Shaytan can't appear in the form of prophet muhammad (SAW) in a dream.
It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah said: I heard the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say:“Whoever sees me in adream will see me when he is awake; the Shaytaan cannot take my shape.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6592; Muslim, 2266)

Narrated Anas:The Prophet said,“Whoever has seen me in a dream then no doubt,he has seen me,for Satan cannot imitate my shape. [Sahih Bukhari -Book #87, Hadith #123]

Narrated Abu Huraira:I heard the Prophet saying,“Whoever sees me in adream will see me in his wakefulness,and Satan cannot imitate me in shape.”Abu ‘Abdullah said, “Ibn Sirin said,Only if he sees the Prophet in his (real) shape.’”[Sahih Bukhari - Book #87, Hadith #122]

2 Likes

Re: Be Careful About Duas/adkhar Not In The Sunnah by busar(m): 8:04pm On Jul 23, 2013
You can't imagine a person putting on agbada or skinny trousers claiming he is the prophet shocked.. Many people don't really know the prophet(his look) embarassed
Re: Be Careful About Duas/adkhar Not In The Sunnah by busar(m): 8:05pm On Jul 23, 2013
lanrexlan: It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah said: I heard the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say:“Whoever sees me in adream will see me when he is awake; the Shaytaan cannot take my shape.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6592; Muslim, 2266)

Narrated Anas:The Prophet said,“Whoever has seen me in a dream then no doubt,he has seen me,for Satan cannot imitate my shape. [Sahih Bukhari -Book #87, Hadith #123]

Narrated Abu Huraira:I heard the Prophet saying,“Whoever sees me in adream will see me in his wakefulness,and Satan cannot imitate me in shape.”Abu ‘Abdullah said, “Ibn Sirin said,Only if he sees the Prophet in his (real) shape.’”[Sahih Bukhari - Book #87, Hadith #122]
that is, his real self.
Re: Be Careful About Duas/adkhar Not In The Sunnah by tbaba1234: 8:48pm On Jul 23, 2013

We must not misinterpret that hadith, Shaytan can take a different form and claim to be the prophet.

We have the descriptions of the prophet in the Sunnah.

So what is the criteria?

Any dream that claims to be from the prophet but requires you to do something not in the Quran or Sunnah is not from the prophet.

The deen is complete. Any new affair in the reiligion is a misguidance and leads to the fire.

1 Like

Re: Be Careful About Duas/adkhar Not In The Sunnah by Sissie(f): 9:42pm On Jul 23, 2013
tbaba1234:

We must not misinterpret that hadith, Shaytan can take a different form and claim to be the prophet.

We have the descriptions of the prophet in the Sunnah.

So what is the criteria?

Any dream that claims to be from the prophet but requires you to do something not in the Quran or Sunnah is not from the prophet.

The deen is complete. Any new affair in the reiligion is a misguidance and leads to the fire.

I am not misinterpreting the hadith. If shaytan takes a form and says he's the prophet.
He didn't take Prophet Muhammad (SAW) form. He just took a man's form and claimed to be the prophet.

Hence my question did they really dream about prophet Muhammad (SAW), since the alfas, imams,sheikhs and I don't really know what the prophet looked like, we only have descriptions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Be Careful About Duas/adkhar Not In The Sunnah by lanrexlan(m): 10:17pm On Jul 23, 2013
Sissie:
I am not misinterpreting the hadith. If shaytan takes a form and says he's the prophet.
He didn't take Prophet Muhammad (SAW) form. He just took a man's form and claimed to be the prophet.

Hence my question did they really dream about prophet Muhammad (SAW), since the alfas, imams,sheikhs and I don't really know what the prophet looked like, we only have descriptions.
We cannot see Prophet Muhammad (SAW) in a dream.In fact,the Bukhari hadith mentioned earlier says that whoever sees Muhammad (SAW) in a dream has seen him in wakefulness.Since none of us have seen him in wakefulness,we can’t see him
in a dream.
The problem with people claiming that Prophet(SAW) had been seen in dreams is that it gives the impression that Prophet (SAW)is aware of what we do,and then he comes in our dreams to give us a Basharat (good news) or to warn us.What we need to remember though is that Prophet(SAW) was Bashir-o-Nazeeri in his life:he was a bearer of good news and a warner in his lifetime.He completed his mission and died. So we cannot assume that he will now be remorseful about the circumstances of the Muslim Ummah and will come to give more warnings or good news.The deen has been perfected.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Be Careful About Duas/adkhar Not In The Sunnah by lanrexlan(m): 10:18pm On Jul 23, 2013
busar: You can't imagine a person putting on agbada or skinny trousers claiming he is the prophet shocked.. Many people don't really know the prophet(his look) embarassed
grin grin grin
Re: Be Careful About Duas/adkhar Not In The Sunnah by Sissie(f): 10:23pm On Jul 23, 2013
lanrexlan: We cannot see Prophet Muhammad (SAW) in a dream.In fact,the Bukhari hadith mentioned earlier says that whoever sees Muhammad (SAW) in a dream has seen him in wakefulness.Since none of us have seen him in wakefulness,we can’t see him
in a dream.
The problem with people claiming that Prophet(SAW) had been seen in dreams is that it gives the impression that Prophet (SAW)is aware of what we do,and then he comes in our dreams to give us a Basharat (good news) or to warn us.What we need to remember though is that Prophet(SAW) was Bashir-o-Nazeeri in his life:he was a bearer of good news and a warner in his lifetime.He completed his mission and died. So we cannot assume that he will now be remorseful about the circumstances of the Muslim Ummah and will come to give more warnings or good news.The deen has been perfected.
Ok I get your point.
Re: Be Careful About Duas/adkhar Not In The Sunnah by tbaba1234: 10:45pm On Jul 23, 2013
Sissie:

If they are coming up with things not in the Quran and Sunnah, there are two options:

1. It is made up.

2.Dream is from Shaytan or his imaginations.

Ibn Tamiyyah wrote on Jinns, read this

https://www.nairaland.com/1116143/jinn-stories/3#13222384

Lanrexlan, it is possible to see the prophet in dreams. And many people have. I know a few stories.

Please be careful with statements so that we do not misguide people.

The prophet represents the sunnah, normally seeing him is glad tidings fot the dreamer and others seen with him. (The dreamer's handbook by Muhammed Mustafa al jibaly)

It does not mean he is alive. Dreams are symbolic.
Re: Be Careful About Duas/adkhar Not In The Sunnah by tbaba1234: 10:54pm On Jul 23, 2013
lanrexlan: We cannot see Prophet Muhammad (SAW) in a dream.In fact,the Bukhari hadith mentioned earlier says that whoever sees Muhammad (SAW) in a dream has seen him in wakefulness.Since none of us have seen him in wakefulness,we can’t see him
in a dream.

This is incorrect.

The prophet can and has been seen in dreams. Always try to verify the information, you give out.

The below is Islamqa.

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

It should be noted that it is possible for a person to see the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in a dream, and that the Shaytaan cannot appear in the image of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), but he could appear in another form and claim that he is the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah said: I heard the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “Whoever sees me in a dream will see me when he is awake; the Shaytaan cannot take my shape.”

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6592; Muslim, 2266).

According to a report narrated by Ahmad (3400): The Shaytaan cannot resemble me.”

Al-Haafiz Ibn Hajar said:

We have narrated it with a complete isnaad from Ismaa’eel ibn Ishaaq al-Qaadi from Sulaymaan ibn Harb – who was one of the shaykhs of al-Bukhaari –from Hammaad ibn Zayd from Ayyoob who said: If a man told Muhammad (meaning Ibn Sireen) that he had seen the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) [in a dream], he would say, “Describe to me the one whom you saw.” If he gave a description that he did not recognize, he would say, “You did not see him.” Its isnaad is saheeh, and I have found another report which corroborates it. Al-Haakim narrated via ‘Aasim ibn Kulayb (who said), my father told me: I said to Ibn ‘Abbaas, “I saw the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in a dream.” He said, “Describe him to me.” He said, “I mentioned al-Hasan ibn ‘Ali and said that he looked like him.” He said, “You did indeed see him.” Its isnaad is jayyid.

Fath al-Baari, 12/383, 384.

With regard to those who say that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) may appear in all forms [in dreams], quoting as evidence the report narrated by Ibn Abi ‘Aasim from Abu Hurayrah, that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever sees me in a dream has indeed seen me, for I may be shown in all forms” – this hadeeth is da’eef (weak).

Its isnaad includes Saalih the freed slave of al-Taw’amah, who is da’eef (weak) who became confused (in old age), and this is a report from someone who heard it after he became confused.

Fath al-Baari, 12/384.

Secondly:

What is mentioned in the question about having seen the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) as a young man or a child is possible, but it is also subject to the conditions mentioned above, which is that he should look as he would have looked at that age.

The phrase “[the Shaytaan] cannot” indicates that although Allaah gave him the ability to appear in any form he wants, He does not allow him to appear in the form of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). This was the opinion of a group who said concerning the hadeeth: What this refers to is when a person sees him as he really looked.

Some of them restricted it even further and said: He must see him as he looked when he died, so he must even take into consideration the number of his white hairs which was no more than twenty.

The correct view is that he may be seen at any age or in any condition, so long as he appears as he really looked at any time, whether as a youth, in the prime of manhood, in old age or any other time of his life.

Fath al-Baari, 12/386.

Thirdly:

Once this is understood, it is possible for the Shaytaan to come to a person in his sleep and claim to be the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), if he comes in a form other than the way in which Allaah formed him at all stages of his life.

The fact that there was a voice like in old times, or very handsome men, or someone who said “Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)” has nothing to do with seeing the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in his true form.

And Allaah knows best.
Re: Be Careful About Duas/adkhar Not In The Sunnah by Sissie(f): 11:01pm On Jul 23, 2013
tbaba1234:

If they are coming up with things not in the Quran and Sunnah, there are two options:

1. It is made up.

I already know this.
My question is for people who believe in what their alfas and imams dreamt of.
Re: Be Careful About Duas/adkhar Not In The Sunnah by tbaba1234: 11:12pm On Jul 23, 2013
Sissie:
I already know this.
My question is for people who believe in what their alfas and imams dreamt of.

The person should ask the right questions, I guess. Once he says something wrong, the follower should keep his distance. Unfortunately, ignorance is pervasive in the ummah.
Re: Be Careful About Duas/adkhar Not In The Sunnah by busar(m): 3:55am On Jul 24, 2013
tbaba1234:

This is incorrect.

The prophet can and has been seen in dreams. Always try to verify the information, you give out.

The below is Islamqa.

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

It should be noted that it is possible for a person to see the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in a dream, and that the Shaytaan cannot appear in the image of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), but he could appear in another form and claim that he is the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah said: I heard the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “Whoever sees me in a dream will see me when he is awake; the Shaytaan cannot take my shape.”

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6592; Muslim, 2266).

According to a report narrated by Ahmad (3400): The Shaytaan cannot resemble me.”

We have narrated it with a complete isnaad from Ismaa’eel ibn Ishaaq al-Qaadi from Sulaymaan ibn Harb – who was one of the shaykhs of al-Bukhaari –from Hammaad ibn Zayd from Ayyoob who said: If a man told Muhammad (meaning Ibn Sireen) that he had seen the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) [in a dream], he would say, “Describe to me the one whom you saw.” If he gave a description that he did not recognize, he would say, “You did not see him.” Its isnaad is saheeh, and I have found another report which corroborates it. Al-Haakim narrated via ‘Aasim ibn Kulayb (who said), my father told me: I said to Ibn ‘Abbaas, “I saw the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in a dream.” He said, “Describe him to me.” He said, “I mentioned al-Hasan ibn ‘Ali and said that he looked like him.” He said, “You did indeed see him.” Its isnaad is jayyid.

With regard to those who say that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) may appear in all forms [in dreams], quoting as evidence the report narrated by Ibn Abi ‘Aasim from Abu Hurayrah, that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever sees me in a dream has indeed seen me, for I may be shown in all forms” – this hadeeth is da’eef (weak).

Its isnaad includes Saalih the freed slave of al-Taw’amah, who is da’eef (weak) who became confused (in old age), and this is a report from someone who heard it after he became confused.

Fath al-Baari, 12/384.

Secondly:

What is mentioned in the question about having seen the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) as a young man or a child is possible, but it is also subject to the conditions mentioned above, which is that he should look as he would have looked at that age.

The phrase “[the Shaytaan] cannot” indicates that although Allaah gave him the ability to appear in any form he wants, He does not allow him to appear in the form of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). This was the opinion of a group who said concerning the hadeeth: What this refers to is when a person sees him as he really looked.

Some of them restricted it even further and said: He must see him as he looked when he died, so he must even take into consideration the number of his white hairs which was no more than twenty.

The correct view is that he may be seen at any age or in any condition, so long as he appears as he really looked at any time, whether as a youth, in the prime of manhood, in old age or any other time of his life.

Fath al-Baari, 12/386.

Thirdly:

Once this is understood, it is possible for the Shaytaan to come to a person in his sleep and claim to be the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), if he comes in a form other than the way in which Allaah formed him at all stages of his life.

The fact that there was a voice like in old times, or very handsome men, or someone who said “Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)” has nothing to do with seeing the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in his true form.

And Allaah knows best.
Very good response. Jazaakallahu khayran
Re: Be Careful About Duas/adkhar Not In The Sunnah by lanrexlan(m): 5:35am On Jul 24, 2013
tbaba1234:

1. It is made up.

Lanrexlan, it is possible to see the prophet in dreams. And many people have. I know a few stories.

Please be careful with statements so that we do not misguide people.

The prophet represents the sunnah, normally seeing him is glad tidings fot the dreamer and others seen with him. (The dreamer's handbook by Muhammed Mustafa al jibaly)

It does not mean he is alive. Dreams are symbolic.

How can one be sure that it was the prophet(pbuh)they saw? Based on the very clear message in the above ahadith,we can state that only those people could dream about the Prophet (SAW) who had seen him in wakefulness,i.e. in real life.This is very very important.If Satan had been able to impersonate the Prophet (SAW),he could misguide the Sahaba (RA).Similarly,Sahaba (RA) could be sure they had indeed seen the Nabi (SAW) because they knew what he looked like! Thus,both conditions are met:
Satan can’t impersonate Muhammad (SAW), and the dreamer can be certain this is the case precisely because he knows what Nabi (SAW) looked like.In this day and age,a person who already believes that it is possible to see Muhammad (SAW) in a dream,may end up seeing him.This is because any good dream which has a respectable looking religious person in it will be seen as representing Prophet Muhammad (SAW).But when a person believes that is it NOT possible to see Muhammad (SAW) in a dream,then the chances of that person interpreting it in that manner are close to zero.The problem is with people who have only read about Muhammad (SAW) in books but they don’t know his exact appearance.So Satan can take the form of any PIOUS looking man, appear in our dreams and claim to be the Prophet (SAW)! Or he may not even claim it and we might wake up in the morning and interpret it this way just because we already believe in it!. And Allah knows best.
Re: Be Careful About Duas/adkhar Not In The Sunnah by tbaba1234: 5:39am On Jul 24, 2013
^Your view/intetpretation is incorrect.
Re: Be Careful About Duas/adkhar Not In The Sunnah by lanrexlan(m): 6:16am On Jul 24, 2013
This is an hadith of Sahih Bukhari
The time is of Hijrah to Medina when the Prophet (SAW) and Abu Bakr (RA) arrived in Medina during the day.The people of Medina were waiting for the Prophet (SAW) anxiously.When both the Prophet (SAW) and Abu Bakr (RA) were together,many amongst the Ansar who had not seen the Prophet (SAW) in real life and didn’t know how he looked like actually came over to greet Abu Bakr (RA),thinking of him to be Muhammad (SAW).That is until Abu Bakr (RA) realised what was happening;so when direct sunlight fell over Nabi (SAW),Abu Bakr provided a shade to Nabi (SAW) with his sheet (chaadar) and only then people realised who the Prophet was.(Sahih Bukhari – Book #58, Hadith #245).

So we learn that people who had not seen Nabi (SAW) and didn’t recognise his facial features made a mistake in broad daylight and thought of the Prophet’s companion to be the Prophet.So how can anyone be sure of this in dreams when Satan can take the form of any buzurg (wise old man) and make false claims??
Re: Be Careful About Duas/adkhar Not In The Sunnah by lanrexlan(m): 6:23am On Jul 24, 2013
tbaba1234: ^Your view/intetpretation is incorrect.

You said
tbaba1234: If they are coming up with things not in the Quran and
Sunnah, there are two options:
1. It is made up.
So,what's their dreams all about? The Prophet(pbuh)giving glad tidings or warnings after He has left us the Quran and sunnah?
Re: Be Careful About Duas/adkhar Not In The Sunnah by tbaba1234: 6:30am On Jul 24, 2013
Did you read the post from Islamqa, I posted above?

The scholars of ahlus sunnah are in agreement with this.

Which school of thought is yours?

Fortunately, we do have most of his features and can tell pretty quickly if he is the one we saw.

This narrations above clearly shows that those from the latter generation who did not see him had dreams of him. Ibn Abbas (RA) confirmed whether they were correct or incorrect

The same thing would happen today. We have the complete description. One can quickly tell when his description is off.

Again, make your conclusions based on knowledge not on your desires.

That, a person has a dream does not mean something from the sunnah/Quran is been changed... Many times, it signifies glad tidings for the person.

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6592; Muslim, 2266)

This hadith clearly shows that people would have dreams of the prophet.... It does not limit it to a time....
Re: Be Careful About Duas/adkhar Not In The Sunnah by lanrexlan(m): 6:51am On Jul 24, 2013
tbaba1234: Did you read the post from Islamqa, I posted above?

The scholars of ahlus sunnah are in agreement with this.

Which school of thought is yours?
I belong to none.

Fortunately, we do have most of his features and can tell pretty quickly if he is the one we saw.
Provide an hadith for the descriptions of Muhammad(pbuh).

This narrations above clearly shows that those from the latter generation who did not see him had dreams of him. Ibn Abbas (RA) confirmed whether they were correct or incorrect
That's it,Ibn Abbas was there to confirm,who's to confirm in our generation? Unless there's a description in an hadith.

The same thing would happen today.We have the complete description. One can quickly tell when his description is off.
Just provide the hadith please.

Again,make your conclusions based on knowledge not on your desires.
This has nothing to do about my desires and I am not that knowledgeable you know.

That,a person has a dream does not mean something from the sunnah/Quran is been changed... Many times, it signifies glad tidings for the person.
Imagine the enormity of crises that occurred after the death of Nabi (SAW) … Usman (RA)’s murder,the rift between Ayesha (RA) and Ali (RA) that lead to wars amongst Muslims.Did the Prophet come in dreams of either Ayesha (RA) or Ali (RA) to explain who is correct and how all this bloodshed could be avoided or gives glad tidings?

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 6592; Muslim, 2266)

This hadith clearly shows that people would have dreams of the prophet.... It does not limit it to a time....
The hadith says whoever sees him in a dream would have seen him when he's awake.
Re: Be Careful About Duas/adkhar Not In The Sunnah by tbaba1234: 7:19am On Jul 24, 2013
The hadith says whoever sees him in a dream would have seen him when he's awake.

This is the source of your confusion....

You are misinterpreting the hadith and arguing blindly.

How come no scholar interpreted it
you

Are you now a scholar If you say, you are not that knowledgeable why are you arguing with the agreed view?

Those people who had dreams of the prophet at the time of ibn Abbas did NOT see him awake. That alone makes all these your argument empty.

Imagine the enormity of crises that occurred after the death of Nabi (SAW) … Usman (RA)’s murder,the rift between Ayesha (RA) and Ali (RA) that lead to wars amongst Muslims.Did the Prophet come in dreams of either Ayesha (RA) or Ali (RA) to explain who is correct and how all this bloodshed could be avoided or gives glad tidings?

Allah is the one that gives dreams, Are you questioning the Qadr of Allah? You have to be more careful.

Description
Re: Be Careful About Duas/adkhar Not In The Sunnah by tbaba1234: 7:22am On Jul 24, 2013
Rabee'ah ibn Abi 'Abd al-Rahmaan said: "I heard Anas ibn Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him) describing the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). He said: 'He was of average height, not too tall and not too short, with a pinkish colour, not very white and not dark, and his hair was neither very curly nor very straight. The Revelation came to him when he was forty years old, and he stayed in Makkah for ten years after the Revelation came, then in Madeenah for ten years. When he died, there were no more than twenty white hairs on his head and in his beard." (al-Bukhaari, 3283).

Al-Baraa' ibn 'Aazib said: "The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was broad shouldered and had thick hair coming down to his shoulders and earlobes. He was wearing red garments. I have never seen anything more beautiful than him." (Reported by Muslim, Kitaab al-Fadaa'il, Baab Sifat Sha'r al-Nabi (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), no. 2338).

'Ali said: "He was neither tall nor short, and had large hands and feet. He had a large head and was big-boned, and the thin line of hair (starting from his chest and extending to the navel) was long. When he walked, he would lean forward, as if he was walking downhill. I have never seen anyone like him, before or since." (Reported by al-Tirmidhi, 3570, who said this is a saheeh hasan hadeeth).

Jaabir ibn Samurah said: "The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was dalee' al-fam, ashkal al-'ayn and manhoos al-'aqib." Shu'bah said: "I asked Maalik, 'What is dalee' al-fam?' He said: 'Wide-mouthed.' I asked, 'What is ashkal al-'ayn?' He said, 'Big-eyed.' I asked, 'What is manhoos al-'aqib?' He said, 'His heels were not fleshy.'" (Saheeh Muslim, Kitaab al-Fadaa'il, 2339).
Re: Be Careful About Duas/adkhar Not In The Sunnah by lanrexlan(m): 9:48am On Jul 24, 2013
tbaba1234:

This is the source of your confusion....

You are misinterpreting the hadith and arguing blindly.
I am not arguing blindly,just putting forward what I read.

How come no scholar interpreted it
you
Some scholars say will see me when he's awake means the day of Judgment,how true is this?

Are you now a scholar If you say, you are not that knowledgeable why are you arguing with the agreed view?
I am not a scholar and not every scholar agrees with islamqa.

Those people who had dreams of the prophet at the time of ibn Abbas did NOT see him awake. That alone makes all these your argument empty.
I haven't read this hadith before,that's why I stand on what I wrote before.I thought nobody saw the prophet(pbuh)after his death.

Allah is the one that gives dreams, Are you questioning the Qadr of Allah? You have to be more careful.

Description

Only Allah gives dreams and I am not questioning Qadr.I asked a question with what I wrote.I am not here to argue but to reason and you are free to prove me wrong.....Peace
Re: Be Careful About Duas/adkhar Not In The Sunnah by lanrexlan(m): 9:49am On Jul 24, 2013
tbaba1234: Rabee'ah ibn Abi 'Abd al-Rahmaan said: "I heard Anas ibn Maalik (may Allaah be pleased with him) describing the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him). He said: 'He was of average height, not too tall and not too short, with a pinkish colour, not very white and not dark, and his hair was neither very curly nor very straight. The Revelation came to him when he was forty years old, and he stayed in Makkah for ten years after the Revelation came, then in Madeenah for ten years. When he died, there were no more than twenty white hairs on his head and in his beard." (al-Bukhaari, 3283).

Al-Baraa' ibn 'Aazib said: "The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was broad shouldered and had thick hair coming down to his shoulders and earlobes. He was wearing red garments. I have never seen anything more beautiful than him." (Reported by Muslim, Kitaab al-Fadaa'il, Baab Sifat Sha'r al-Nabi (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), no. 2338).

'Ali said: "He was neither tall nor short, and had large hands and feet. He had a large head and was big-boned, and the thin line of hair (starting from his chest and extending to the navel) was long. When he walked, he would lean forward, as if he was walking downhill. I have never seen anyone like him, before or since." (Reported by al-Tirmidhi, 3570, who said this is a saheeh hasan hadeeth).

Jaabir ibn Samurah said: "The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was dalee' al-fam, ashkal al-'ayn and manhoos al-'aqib." Shu'bah said: "I asked Maalik, 'What is dalee' al-fam?' He said: 'Wide-mouthed.' I asked, 'What is ashkal al-'ayn?' He said, 'Big-eyed.' I asked, 'What is manhoos al-'aqib?' He said, 'His heels were not fleshy.'" (Saheeh Muslim, Kitaab al-Fadaa'il, 2339).
Jazakumullah Khairan
Re: Be Careful About Duas/adkhar Not In The Sunnah by tbaba1234: 3:22pm On Jul 24, 2013
1. Who are these scholars. Do you have a link of this fatwa with evidences. This opinion of yours, is strange to me. If it exists, it is a minority opinion.

Overwhelming evidence shows that people have seen him in dreams. I know reliable people who have made such claim. They would not lie about something like that.

2. Dream interpretation is part of Islam, dreams are interpreted in line with the Quran and sunnah.

There are scholars trained in this.
Re: Be Careful About Duas/adkhar Not In The Sunnah by lanrexlan(m): 3:45pm On Jul 24, 2013
tbaba1234: 1. Who are these scholars. Do you have a link of this fatwa with evidences. This opinion of yours, is strange to me. If it exists, it is a minority opinion.
No link,never mind who the scholar is.
As you said,it's a minority opinion.

Overwhelming evidence shows that people have seen him in dreams. I know reliable people who have made such claim. They would not lie about something like that.
Ok,so what's the dream all about? Give them glad tidings to strengthen their Imaan?

2. Dream interpretation is part of Islam, dreams are interpreted in line with the Quran and sunnah.

There are scholars trained in this.
Narrated Abu Huraira:I heard Allah’s Apostle saying,“Nothing is left of the prophetism except Al-Mubashshirat.”They asked,“What are Al-Mubashshirat?” He replied, “The true good dreams (that conveys glad tidings).” [Sahih Bukhari - Book # 87, Hadith #119]
So I am not arguing about that....Peace

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Is "Peace" Defined In Islam? / Lessons From The Explanation Of Riyaadus Saaliheen Made By Shaykh Ibn Uthaymeen / Eid: Etiquette Of Qurbani (slaughtering)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.