Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:12 AM

Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. (22006 Views)

Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic / Masquerade At Burial Of Traditional Ruler. Nnewi / Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by gerald09(m): 9:40am On Jul 24, 2013
I don't get it, he left his people who actually was there when he started d igwe n he was suppose to celebrate with n went to the US to celebrate his throne, with people dat don't even understand WTF he is celebrating. I don even know which is more stupid, doin a traditional wedding abroad or dis.

6 Likes

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by dridowu: 10:17am On Jul 24, 2013
Longest serving monarch in Nigeria? i beg to dissagree on ds, i dont no the longest but i no the one above 50YRS on the throne. Awujale of Ijebu Land
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sikiru_Kayode_Adetona

2 Likes

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Nobody: 10:22am On Jul 24, 2013
I swear Nigerians we don't know how to hype our royals
See the world media nairaland included hyping the birth of a baby.

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 24, 2013
Mtcheeeew...u dun hear sey quin.elisbet go u.s go celebrate betdy e nor wun make e pipo chop e rice sef.....absolute nonsens..9ja stay ur 9ja jor...aba

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Revolva(m): 10:25am On Jul 24, 2013
say me hi to snoop dogg, the Game.., Dr dre...kurrupt..warren G..and other weat coast bro.Igwe...keep it west coast and dont forget to visit tupac...memorial ground to pour some liqour...

2 Likes

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by 190: 10:27am On Jul 24, 2013
so even igwe sabi better thing

anyway 190 was here since i didnt make front page this time

lemme keep trying angry
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Nobody: 10:39am On Jul 24, 2013
So California is extension of Igbo land!

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 24, 2013
Enjoy your life I beg, no time to waste.
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by thoth: 10:41am On Jul 24, 2013
And Structures that held the Igbo Nation together keeps disintegrating.

Ana Jesus indeed.
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Demdem(m): 10:41am On Jul 24, 2013
biafranqueen: The Igwe of Nnewi is breaking the kola nut.As Nd’Igbo would say, ‘He who brings kola brings life’. At such gatherings, only titled men are allowed to bless and break the kola nut.

Igwes wife doesn't look happy. Why is she frowning?
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Chynx(m): 10:49am On Jul 24, 2013
gerald09: I don't get it, he left his people who actually was there when he started d igwe n he was suppose to celebrate with n went to the US to celebrate his throne, with people dat don't even understand WTF he is celebrating. I don even know which is more stupid, doin a traditional wedding abroad or dis.

So u think for him to have traveled to the States to celebrate, nothing happened in Nnewi? cheesy
My dear, more than enough gidi had already happened in Nnewi (and is still happening in his absence).
Besides, his people are ALL OVER THE WORLD!...for they thrive anywhere they go! Thus, he can choose to tour the whole world if he chooses! No biffs! wink

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Nnamdini(m): 10:50am On Jul 24, 2013
@op, please point of correction.its not Igwe of(sic) Nnewi but 'Igwe Nnewi'

@topic,congrats Igwe Orizu on your Golden Jubilee celebration.Igweeeeeee iga adi ooo!!!
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Lilimax(f): 11:02am On Jul 24, 2013
Anaedo social Club? on my mind grin
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by glizengem(f): 11:03am On Jul 24, 2013
Onlytruth:

I didn't know I now have a direct anaedo sister on nairaland.
Nne nno. Otolo ka m si. As a matter of fact I am nnofo too. grin cool
hey umunnemo oo am frm otolo too oo... Wia exactly in otolo r u frm
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by IdomaLikita: 11:04am On Jul 24, 2013
Nnewi people are no doubts World Heavyweights..their igwe must indeed be a Big Boy! Igwe Biri kwa oooooh!
Errm..I was hoping to marry an Nnewi Woman so as to give my Children Dual Citizenship, in event of a breakup!
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Dreal1247: 11:06am On Jul 24, 2013
Onlytruth:

Unu abiakwa ozo! grin

Nwanne Nnewi bu Ana Edo biko.
I'm a Christian too, but unlike you I don't like demoting God.

God (Jesus) owns Edo (like he owns all other things on this earth of course), so don't demote Jesus unnecessarily.

It is like saying that Jonathan is the president of Nnewi.

Who is edo? Edo is the goddesse established through a woman who was married to Ezemewi. They were very strong couple. Though the woman was more powerful than the husband. NNEWI IS 2 BIG TO BE DEDICATED TO A MAN MADE DEITY. If you as a christian as you stated can pray in the name of Edo, then i will agree with you. It is not Edo-kingdom, but Jesus-kingdom.
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by EdwardAkande(m): 11:10am On Jul 24, 2013
O boy o! See old papa withs swags....... Lemozine, nna ehn!
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Lakayanah: 11:15am On Jul 24, 2013
Is his throne in California? I thought for this milestone he has achieved he would visit all the villages in his chiefdom. Nigerians like obodo oyinbo too much. One for the road for Papa he is conscious of his time.

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by ifysworld(f): 11:15am On Jul 24, 2013
biafranqueen:
Dalu biko nu udo chili gaba! cheesy
Nnewi remains Anedo rukwa echi. Anyi abulo umu obele ododo that trades their tradition and A.K.A. Nnewi, de Japan of Africa kachanu!! Long live my Igwe. I am proud of my origin. Ada Anedo.
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Goddygee(m): 11:18am On Jul 24, 2013
Jakumo: Please can we see some shots of the Igwe of Nnewi surfing some big waves at Huntington Beach...
abi o,
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by oboy3(m): 11:21am On Jul 24, 2013
Dreal1247: .

Who is edo? Edo is the goddesse established through a woman who was married to Ezemewi. They were very strong couple. Though the woman was more powerful than the husband. NNEWI IS 2 BIG TO BE DEDICATED TO A MAN MADE DEITY. If you as a christian as you stated can pray in the name of Edo, then i will agree with you. It is not Edo-kingdom, but Jesus-kingdom.
nonsense post,not only Ana-jesus you go still see ana-phillip
while at it,nnewi should also be changed to Nne-jesus or Nne-bartholomeow,because you be jew bah?
mtcheeew,africans and their Inferiority complexes

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Okeikpu(m): 11:21am On Jul 24, 2013
Dreal1247:
O makwa na umu anaedo.
Obughizi Anaedo kama ANAJESUS.
Anaedo kwenu!!! Jesus bu onyeocha, oburo onye ojii... I want you to delete ur family name nd replace it with jesus. Ndi nzuzu!
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Wsdm: 11:35am On Jul 24, 2013
Onlytruth:

Unu abiakwa ozo! grin

Nwanne Nnewi bu Ana Edo biko.
I'm a Christian too, but unlike you I don't like demoting God.

God (Jesus) owns Edo (like he owns all other things on this earth of course), so don't demote Jesus unnecessarily.

It is like saying that Jonathan is the president of Nnewi.
So it is true that Jesus is God to you people.
A blasphemy of the highest order. A very blind and deluded set of people.
So White men have really sold one of their own as Almighty God to us?
Geskiya through Christianity black men will continue to be slaves.
People who worship a mortal and have through there corrupt the whole world with acute indescencies the like which have never been seen before will sometimes be commenting on Islamic matters.
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Okeikpu(m): 11:35am On Jul 24, 2013
Eze udu mmuo III Nnewi... Eze udene of Anaedo kingdom... Eze nkpokiti oji igbo ndu na Otolo... May u live long ooo B)
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Biggoozz: 11:37am On Jul 24, 2013
Igwe ne-eje uka! This man is so loved by Nnewi people. He has a good heart, is God fearing and stands for the truth. Igwe may your throne be established.

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Ladyhrts: 11:38am On Jul 24, 2013
congrat to our igwe orizu 3 may u live long...
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by willibounce: 11:39am On Jul 24, 2013
Hope d igwe did not carry any um um ... Clears throat.. to ameLica? We no one hear stoly o.
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Chiemekaorizu(m): 11:40am On Jul 24, 2013
Long live nnewi! Long live anambra! Long live nigeria! Long live my king!! grin
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by brownlord: 11:48am On Jul 24, 2013
So that igwe left his hurt to oversea, living his people behind, igbo people self

Shebi na california e throne dey wen em commot here go celebrate, abeg make dem search am well well, who know if na cocoaine e carry enter there now, all in the name of 50 yrs on throne. Cos na so so bad tin dem dey see wit all this ibo people
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by elari(m): 11:48am On Jul 24, 2013
Wtf! An igwe in Nigeria going to celebrate in cali. When places full here for naija. IMO not royally encouraging at all.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Emir Sanusi Visits The Archbishop Of Canterbury In Lambeth Palace, UK (photos) / Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? / Pictures From Ofala Festival In Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.