Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:23 AM

Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. (22002 Views)

Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic / Masquerade At Burial Of Traditional Ruler. Nnewi / Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Vansnickers: 11:50am On Jul 24, 2013
Why did he not go to Jerusalem?
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by brownlord: 11:50am On Jul 24, 2013
willibounce: Hope d igwe did not carry any um um ... Clears throat.. to ameLica? We no one hear stoly o.

Make em use style talk say em self dey find amelica visa, btw I sure say na market em carry go, cos their boyz no dey succeed for malaysia and indonesia again
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by iamdsam: 11:50am On Jul 24, 2013
Nice one but why didn't he celebrate it with his people? Monarchs in foreign countries won't do this

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by chino11(m): 11:53am On Jul 24, 2013
Nnewi is the PLACE..

Am happy that my wife is from Nnewi..I share the same royal privilege of having link with Nnewi..

God Bless Nnewi!

God Bless Anambra!!

God Bless Nigeria!!!

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 24, 2013
Is this d onowu of nnewi?
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by brownlord: 11:55am On Jul 24, 2013
iamdsam: Nice one but why didn't he celebrate it with his people? Monarchs in foreign countries won't do this

Are u a learner? Em don use style carry bizness go obogo oyibo na

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by iamdsam: 11:55am On Jul 24, 2013
biafranqueen: California welcomed Igwe Kenneth Onyeneke Orizu III the 17th Obi of Otolo and Igwe of Nnewi kingdom. He is the traditional supreme ruler and spiritual leader in Nnewi. He is a member of the Nnofo Royal lineage and the successor to his father Igwe Josiah Orizu II, his grandfather Igwe Orizu I (Eze Ugbonyamba), and great-grandfather Igwe Iwuchukwu Ezeifekaibeyahe.

Igwe Orizu III is the longest serving monarch in Nigeria and he is currently the 17th monarch in the Nnofo Royal lineage, he promotes and improves the quality of life of his people and the residents of Nnewi.

Unlike most Igbo monarchies, there were kings of Nnewi before the arrival of Europeans. Igwe Kenneth Onyeneke Orizu III has sat on the throne for 50 years and counting. His son the crowned Prince Obi Orizu is responsible for the development of several schools and houses for the widowed.

Long Live Igwe! Long Live Nnewi!Long Live The Federal Republic Of Nigeria!
Going by what I just read, if true, then he's a good monarch

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by vega84(m): 11:55am On Jul 24, 2013
Never knew we this many on nairaland, long live anaedo.

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by iamdsam: 11:59am On Jul 24, 2013
biafranqueen: California welcomed Igwe Kenneth Onyeneke Orizu III the 17th Obi of Otolo and Igwe of Nnewi kingdom. He is the traditional supreme ruler and spiritual leader in Nnewi. He is a member of the Nnofo Royal lineage and the successor to his father Igwe Josiah Orizu II, his grandfather Igwe Orizu I (Eze Ugbonyamba), and great-grandfather Igwe Iwuchukwu Ezeifekaibeyahe.

Igwe Orizu III is the longest serving monarch in Nigeria and he is currently the 17th monarch in the Nnofo Royal lineage, he promotes and improves the quality of life of his people and the residents of Nnewi.

Unlike most Igbo monarchies, there were kings of Nnewi before the arrival of Europeans. Igwe Kenneth Onyeneke Orizu III has sat on the throne for 50 years and counting. His son the crowned Prince Obi Orizu is responsible for the development of several schools and houses for the widowed.

Going by what I just read, if true. Then he's a good monarch
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by iamdsam: 11:59am On Jul 24, 2013

Going by what I just read, if true. Then he's a good monarch
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by brownlord: 12:04pm On Jul 24, 2013
You miss ur drug this morning? U can't make ur point witout quoting the the post abi?
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by iamdsam: 12:07pm On Jul 24, 2013

Going by what I've read, if true then I must confess that he's a good monarch. Going to another man's land to celebrate your birthday as a monarch is what's not right about him
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by iamdsam: 12:10pm On Jul 24, 2013
brownlord: You miss ur drug this morning? U can't make ur point witout quoting the the post abi?
How does that affect you?
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Emperoradrian(m): 12:19pm On Jul 24, 2013
Foolish african mentality.....igwe of nnewi celebrating 50th anniversary in carlifornia...dear nairalanders,hav u eva heard d queen of great britain,or king of scotland,etc,celebrating dia anniversary anywhr in nigeria or africa....

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by kneatswan: 12:19pm On Jul 24, 2013
As a custodian of tradition he got wrong.what his doing in yankee? An sorry indigbo dats de truth.
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by iamdsam: 12:21pm On Jul 24, 2013
Revolva: say me hi to snoop dogg, the Game.., Dr dre...kurrupt..warren G..and other weat coast bro.Igwe...keep it west coast and dont forget to visit tupac...memorial ground to pour some liqour...
Na wah o
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by iamdsam: 12:30pm On Jul 24, 2013
brownlord: So that igwe left his hurt to oversea, living his people behind, igbo people self

Shebi na california e throne dey wen em commot here go celebrate, abeg make dem search am well well, who know if na cocoaine e carry enter there now, all in the name of 50 yrs on throne. Cos na so so bad tin dem dey see wit all this ibo people
I beg sorry for them *lol*
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 24, 2013
God bless the Igwe

God bless Nnewi

God bless federal republic of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by paschalomenihu: 12:35pm On Jul 24, 2013
MAY YOUR DAYS BE LONGER AND MAY YOUR PEOPLE LIVE LONG TOO

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by zeelo2014: 12:36pm On Jul 24, 2013
For those asking what is he doing there. For his 50 years celebration, he has toured several communities in his kingdom and visited other places where his people have large population and I see nothing wrong in him going to America where the Nnewi people have significant population. Afterall I have seen first class monarchs in Nigeria go abroad to attend social functions and its splashed in ovation & soft-sell magazines. Footing the bills is chicken-change to him.

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Linoversace: 12:59pm On Jul 24, 2013
leadzeal: God bless the Igwe

God bless Nnewi

God bless federal republic of Nigeria

Iseeeeeeeeeeeee!

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by lexxwiz(m): 1:12pm On Jul 24, 2013
God Bless Nnewi, May Your days b long Igweee...

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Okeikpu(m): 1:12pm On Jul 24, 2013
Emperor_adrian: Foolish african mentality.....igwe of nnewi celebrating 50th anniversary in carlifornia...dear nairalanders,hav u eva heard d queen of great britain,or king of scotland,etc,celebrating dia anniversary anywhr in nigeria or africa....
NA POVERTY DEY WORRY U... Nna afufu!

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Okijajuju1(m): 1:20pm On Jul 24, 2013
Igweeeeeeeee

Umu Igbo ana'm Ekene kwa!

Igbo Kwenu!!
Anambra Kwenu!!
Nnewi kwenu!!
Muo nu!!
Zuo nu!!

Kwezu enu oooooooo!!!!!

Igwe nnewi I ga' di..

Eze mmuo okija na ekene umu igbo nine di na ebea, ma ndi no overs.

Oganiru ana igbo..

3 Likes

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Sirnokiopee(m): 1:22pm On Jul 24, 2013
its rather unfortunate how Nigerians are so sentimental, am sure most people criticising the igwe visit to California are either jealous or bad belle-ish in nature.

as the Op already stated ( that its part of the celebration, not the main celebration. which the op categorically said its still going on in Nnewi as we speak) Igwe visit to California might be one of the treat his appreciative kingdom decide to give the King whom they believe deserve it.

most people don't even know the way to there village,not to talk of the full name of their king. some are so ashamed of their root.

i foresee three reason for bad-mouthing/hating and bad-belle-ing

1. your kingdom are so poor they cant afford to foot the bill of their king to California
2.probably there is nobody that ever travelled to USA in your kingdom( so nobody to visit)
3.you are just logged up in the traditional/African story like we are still in stone age. (wake up the world is Globalized now, Nnewi may have annex anywhere in the world and stil be ruled upon by the igwe)

before you quote me. am a full yoruba man from Lagos precisely Epe to be more precise
long live the igwe.... long live Nnewi.... long live Nigeria One Nigeria One nation One people.

3 Likes

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by manny4life(m): 1:23pm On Jul 24, 2013
May our Igwe live long and congratulations to him..

I swear ndi nzuzu ka nku on this thread, so because Igwe left his throne back in Naija to celebrate with his people in Cali (this is after the numerous celebrations held in Nnewi), that means he got it backwards?

Obulu na unu amagho ife unu ga ekwu, mechie nu onu nu..ndi ala.
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by onyengbu: 1:32pm On Jul 24, 2013
manny4life: May our Igwe live long and congratulations to him..

I swear ndi nzuzu ka nku on this thread, so because Igwe left his throne back in Naija to celebrate with his people in Cali (this is after the numerous celebrations held in Nnewi), that means he got it backwards?

Obulu na unu amagho ife unu ga ekwu, mechie nu onu nu..ndi ala.
If you log in to nairaland and not expect lots and lots of ndi nzuzu, then you the problem is from you. Believe me, 80% of people here are overfed teenagers thatt write before they think.
If you start arguing with them, people will end up not knowing who really is a fool.
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by bokohalal(m): 1:40pm On Jul 24, 2013
Seems Nnewi people love their Igwe. Nice.
Can we see "Long live the Igwe" in Igbo?
I will call it the way I know it: Igwe gha tor kpere!
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Chiemekaorizu(m): 1:44pm On Jul 24, 2013
coolProudly.........cool cool

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 24, 2013
As long as i am concerned, all na wash. As the saying goes THERE'S NO KING IN IGBOLAND...
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by ak47mann(m): 1:56pm On Jul 24, 2013
Igwe Orizu anyi na ekeleeoo ugwu ana ali atu egwu cool
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by palugycolina(m): 2:25pm On Jul 24, 2013
na so one king for yoruba land go flex for abroad..til today d guy man no agree come back oh..rumour has it that he is ruling from abardeen..

Flexin wnt give am..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Emir Sanusi Visits The Archbishop Of Canterbury In Lambeth Palace, UK (photos) / Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? / Pictures From Ofala Festival In Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.