Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,376 members, 7,812,094 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:07 AM

Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. (22008 Views)

Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic / Masquerade At Burial Of Traditional Ruler. Nnewi / Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Okijajuju1(m): 2:26pm On Jul 24, 2013
barcanista: As long as i am concerned, all na wash. As the saying goes THERE'S NO KING IN IGBOLAND...

The saying 'Igbo enweghi Eze' is not literal in its meaning.

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by drchingy: 2:33pm On Jul 24, 2013
Dreal1247: .

Who is edo? Edo is the goddesse established through a woman who was married to Ezemewi. They were very strong couple. Though the woman was more powerful than the husband. NNEWI IS 2 BIG TO BE DEDICATED TO A MAN MADE DEITY. If you as a christian as you stated can pray in the name of Edo, then i will agree with you. It is not Edo-kingdom, but Jesus-kingdom.

My friend shatap ya mouth.holy holy.na dis kin over religiousness dey bring about backwardness and child marriage.....mtcheeeww
Ekwe kwa na ka iwe wee mooooo...
[b][/b]ANAEDO for life biko zi nu nu nu...
Nwanne onwerooo.....udo
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by nijanigga: 2:41pm On Jul 24, 2013
I suspect the chief is running away from Kidnappers who are mostly his subjects in his domain.
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by gibson81(m): 2:42pm On Jul 24, 2013
Nso ala how can an Igwe travel out of his Royal territory to celebrate 5 yrs on the throne. Ofo adi eje mba ofesi. Unu arapula omenani mebe omenenu. Because his family are in USA, they decided to carry a celebration that's due in Igboland to obodo oyibo. This is NSO ALA!
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by easyflex: 3:00pm On Jul 24, 2013
Igwe biri kwa o. Odi na nwata chie eze.
Igwe n'eje uka. May your days be long.
For the records, a son of the ezeoguin'e ezeugbonyamba royal family of otolo Nnewi.

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by manny4life(m): 3:13pm On Jul 24, 2013
gibson81: Nso ala how can an Igwe travel out of his Royal territory to celebrate 5 yrs on the throne. Ofo adi eje mba ofesi. Unu arapula omenani mebe omenenu. Because his family are in USA, they decided to carry a celebration that's due in Igboland to obodo oyibo. This is NSO ALA!

My friend if you have nothing useful to say, SHUT THE HELL UP.

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Okijajuju1(m): 3:26pm On Jul 24, 2013
manny4life:

My friend if you have nothing useful to say, SHUT THE HELL UP.

He has raised some valid concerns.. His concerns have been forwarded to the gods who are currently delibrating on the matter. Dont forget that similar issues arose when the Eze Nri of Igboland travelled to New York last year or so..

He will get his response when once I hear from the gods..
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by makky(f): 4:17pm On Jul 24, 2013
Wowwwwww. .....really happy to see this on the FP, Igwe Orizu deserves every bit of accolade he can get. He is a nice and warm hearted generous man and may His days be long. My place is close to Ama Obi where he resides and I witnessed last years Ofala festival. ...it was da Bomb though my favorite masquerade didnt perform but I pray I travel this year to spend the hols in my Villa cos in truth. .... there's no place like home and Nnewi is Home!

2 Likes

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by dabossman(m): 4:28pm On Jul 24, 2013
Thankfully some people are hyping their own royal family for all to hear. Well done BiafranQueen for doing just that. Some people are busy bashing the British monarchs for packaging themselves so well as a global brand even in the face of all the scandals they've faced. If you don't celebrate your own, the world won't celebrate them for you.

Abeg, when will the next heir in line to the Igwe's throne be born so I can call CNN to come and cover it. Biafranqueen make sure news stations in California know that your Igwe is in town o! Celebrate your own.

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Chidoks(f): 4:29pm On Jul 24, 2013
hei,umunnem ka nku eba...biko onwelu onye nnewichi no nso ebea?

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Chidoks(f): 4:33pm On Jul 24, 2013
[quote
author=gibson81]Nso ala how can an Igwe travel out of his Royal
territory to celebrate 5 yrs on the throne. Ofo adi eje mba ofesi. Unu
arapula omenani mebe omenenu. Because his family are in USA, they
decided to carry a celebration that's due in Igboland to obodo oyibo.
This is NSO ALA![/quote]

idi sure n'iwu onye nnewi?so because he's a king he shouldn't travel abi?pls strip yourself of your clothes and wear jigida because it's an abomination to wear what our decent fore-mothers didn't wear!!!

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by biafranqueen: 4:48pm On Jul 24, 2013
The Queen of England comes to Nigeria and some of you people will be celebrating undecided Igwe came to see his children and people are making noise

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by gudugudumeje: 4:52pm On Jul 24, 2013
Not the longest surviving monarch in Nigeria. THE AWUJALE OF IJEBU-ODE IS the longest surviving monarch in Nigeria; CROWNED 7TH APRIL 1960. Pls. take note.
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by biafranqueen: 4:56pm On Jul 24, 2013
gibson81: Nso ala how can an Igwe travel out of his Royal territory to celebrate 5 yrs on the throne. Ofo adi eje mba ofesi. Unu arapula omenani mebe omenenu. Because his family are in USA, they decided to carry a celebration that's due in Igboland to obodo oyibo. This is NSO ALA!
My Dear the celebration has been and is still going on in Nigeria and all over the world I invite you this August to Nnewi to see the biggest celebration of them all!
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by biafranqueen: 4:58pm On Jul 24, 2013
iamdsam: Nice one but why didn't he celebrate it with his people? Monarchs in foreign countries won't do this
We are his people and he deserved a vacation
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by biafranqueen: 5:00pm On Jul 24, 2013
Sirnokiopee: its rather unfortunate how Nigerians are so sentimental, am sure most people criticising the igwe visit to California are either jealous or bad belle-ish in nature.

as the Op already stated ( that its part of the celebration, not the main celebration. which the op categorically said its still going on in Nnewi as we speak) Igwe visit to California might be one of the treat his appreciative kingdom decide to give the King whom they believe deserve it.

most people don't even know the way to there village,not to talk of the full name of their king. some are so ashamed of their root.

i foresee three reason for bad-mouthing/hating and bad-belle-ing

1. your kingdom are so poor they cant afford to foot the bill of their king to California
2.probably there is nobody that ever travelled to USA in your kingdom( so nobody to visit)
3.you are just logged up in the traditional/African story like we are still in stone age. (wake up the world is Globalized now, Nnewi may have annex anywhere in the world and stil be ruled upon by the igwe)

before you quote me. am a full yoruba man from Lagos precisely Epe to be more precise
long live the igwe.... long live Nnewi.... long live Nigeria One Nigeria One nation One people.
Dalu Thank you my friend!
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by biafranqueen: 5:25pm On Jul 24, 2013
Chynx:

So u think for him to have traveled to the States to celebrate, nothing happened in Nnewi? cheesy
My dear, more than enough gidi had already happened in Nnewi (and is still happening in his absence).
Besides, his people are ALL OVER THE WORLD!...for they thrive anywhere they go! Thus, he can choose to tour the whole world if he chooses! No biffs! wink
Tell emoo wink
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by biafranqueen: 5:26pm On Jul 24, 2013
paschalomenihu: MAY YOUR DAYS BE LONGER AND MAY YOUR PEOPLE LIVE LONG TOO
Isseeeee
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by manny4life(m): 5:29pm On Jul 24, 2013
Okija_juju:

He has raised some valid concerns.. His concerns have been forwarded to the gods who are currently delibrating on the matter. Dont forget that similar issues arose when the Eze Nri of Igboland travelled to New York last year or so..

He will get his response when once I hear from the gods..

Bia mmuo Okija,

What is valid about his points? Where in Omenala Nnewi does it say Igwe cannot travel abroad? It's best for him to shut up because he has no clue on what he's talking about.

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Paentera(m): 7:11pm On Jul 24, 2013
biafranqueen: With the children of his Kingdom via California.

He must have been a really handsome man in his youth and still retains the handsome looks.
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Obioso(m): 8:50pm On Jul 24, 2013
Proud anaedo i am so so happy.

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by clintino700(m): 9:13pm On Jul 24, 2013
Dats my #igwe!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Blessmira: 10:26pm On Jul 24, 2013
brownlord: So that igwe left his hurt to oversea, living his people behind, igbo people self Shebi na california e throne dey wen em commot here go celebrate, abeg make dem search am well well, who know if na cocoaine e carry enter there now, all in the name of 50 yrs on throne. Cos na so so bad tin dem dey see wit all this ibo people

Ur own APARI is tending 2 infinity. sad
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Blessmira: 10:31pm On Jul 24, 2013
[quote
author=Wsdm]
So it is true that Jesus is God to you people.
A blasphemy of the highest order. A very blind and deluded set of
people.
So White men have really sold one of their own as Almighty God to us?
Geskiya through Christianity black men will continue to be slaves.
People who worship a mortal and have through there corrupt the whole
world with acute indescencies the like which have never been seen before
will sometimes be commenting on Islamic matters. [/quote]

Who is this Lambata g.o.a.t? sad
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by igbo2011(m): 3:18am On Jul 25, 2013
Why did he choose California?
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by birdman(m): 3:20am On Jul 25, 2013
igbo2011: Why did he choose California?

the igbo population and organization in LA is impressive. If he was going to choose a place, it would have to be Cali.

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by biafranqueen: 3:38am On Jul 25, 2013
Onlytruth:

Nne I'll try and come. As a matter of fact that is one of the MAIN reason I visit home.
The last one surpassed all others and I hope this one ga adi egwu. cool

Do you know the Ofomatas, Okongwus, Ofomas, Etiabas? These are family friends you may know from Inyaba (Umudim)?
Yes I know them Etiaba the first female Governor before Obi her husband was my grandfathers lawyer. I know all the family Ofomatas are married in to our family actually.
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by biafranqueen: 3:39am On Jul 25, 2013
igbo2011: Why did he choose California?
Because we sponsored it and he comes here every so often.
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by biafranqueen: 3:55am On Jul 25, 2013
vega84: Never knew we this many on nairaland, long live anaedo.
Umu Anaedo Anyi ga adi nuoo!! kiss Long live children of Anaedo

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by biafranqueen: 4:05am On Jul 25, 2013
Emperor_adrian: Foolish african mentality.....igwe of nnewi celebrating 50th anniversary in carlifornia...dear nairalanders,hav u eva heard d queen of great britain,or king of scotland,etc,celebrating dia anniversary anywhr in nigeria or africa....
This is pre celebration and we sponsored him of course the Ofala in December is always for him and the New Yam Fest will be big this year in celebration of 50 years on the throne you can come so your not left out you can still make it don't bother yourself of those ones in Europe just come enjoy wink
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by biafranqueen: 4:14am On Jul 25, 2013
gudugudumeje: Not the longest surviving monarch in Nigeria. THE AWUJALE OF IJEBU-ODE IS the longest surviving monarch in Nigeria; CROWNED 7TH APRIL 1960. Pls. take note.
which be dat Our Igwe was not appointed by anybody, we are talking about blood lineage not minster appointment thank you for your comment anyway wink
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by biafranqueen: 4:17am On Jul 25, 2013
Jakumo: By the way, I wish to tender my marriage proposal to the Igwe's grand-daughter that is standing to the left, with the white top, nice jugs and red cardigan. If my proposal is approved, I want to know where the traditional 20 heads of cattle are to be delivered in Southern California, particularly since my Fulani herdsmen are not very familiar with the SoCal freeway system.
Everyone in the picture will be live and direct in December so save your container $ for a better business cause she is not of marriageable age!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? / Pictures From Ofala Festival In Anambra State / Our Village Masqurade Festival(odo Festival) In Ngwo Uno (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.