Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,327 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:48 AM

Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. (22003 Views)

Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic / Masquerade At Burial Of Traditional Ruler. Nnewi / Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by pokur: 6:18am On Jul 31, 2013
Onlytruth:

I did not serve with any Nnewi man during youth service. You must have me mistaken for another person.
This is internet, so I cannot be sure whether I am older or the other way round. Actually it is irrelevant to the discourse.
You were wrong about KEY FACTS of Nnewi history and genealogy, and I will not allow you to get away with it. grin cool
Not everyone was as loudmouthed as u were then.Still,u were intellectually better than u seem to be now.
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by pokur: 6:23am On Jul 31, 2013
Onlytruth:

Why/How did Nnofo (the second son of Otolo) take over from Enem (the first son of Otolo)?

pokur:
Then u should be able to find that he is the 17th Obi of Otolo n Igwe Nnewi of the Nnofo lineage,not 17th Obi a la the op.The Enem lineage came before Nnofo.Nnofo actually usurped the throne from his young nephew for whom he acted as regent for a while.Part reason why Nnewi rose against Nwosu Eze Odumegwu when he wanted to try same circa 1904.
Referring the Igwe as the 17th overall reduces the Nnewi monarchy to a recent one,it is quite older than that.
Your other question merit no mention,not to talk of reply.
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by pokur: 6:27am On Jul 31, 2013
Now,for the last time,counter my assertions with ur own historical facts in a coherent manner @Onlytruth.Stop thrashing about,seeking for straws to hold on to.Put up or shut up!
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Onlytruth(m): 7:30am On Jul 31, 2013

pokur:
The Enem lineage came before Nnofo.Nnofo actually usurped the throne from his young nephew for whom he acted as regent for a while.Part reason why Nnewi rose against Nwosu Eze Odumegwu when he wanted to try same circa 1904.

The bolded is what I call standing history on its head. You have two events mixed up.
The Enem "lineage" you mention as having been cheated by Nnofo is anachronistic to the facts of the matter. Nnofo had already taken over Otolo's "Obi" before all that. Enem was an absentee first son of Otolo, and was even absent during the burial of his own father. A typical example of what happened to Enem is what happened when "Dike ana agbalu izu" (of the Nwosu Eze odumegwu) died. His first two sons were AWOL and his THIRD son (a policeman) "Ofili" was propped up by his kinsmen to replace his father, and they gave him the title of "Oji ako na Obi" (there must always be an iroko tree standing in a powerful family compound). Igwe Kenneth Onyeneke Orizu III then gave him the title of "Ebube dike Nnewi". That is how Ezeodumegwu's legacy was rescued, rehabilitated and restored.

What you are doing is what I call fishing in the wrong waters.

What you have mixed up is how Ezeoguine took over power from the Ezeagha sons. (I shall comment more on this later if need be)

And for the last time, please get it into your tick skull: EZEOGUINE IS EZEAGHA's NEPHEW.

I will give you a little assignment. Find out who is Ezeoguine's father out of the sons of Udude (Nnofo's son). cool
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Onlytruth(m): 7:36am On Jul 31, 2013
pokur:
Not everyone was as loudmouthed as u were then.Still,u were intellectually better than u seem to be now.

Again, there is no way you and I served in the same location. I am a very meticulous man. I know and take note of things in my environment that most ordinary folks don't. I even have a hunch that I graduated MANY years ahead of you. cool
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by pokur: 8:20am On Jul 31, 2013
Onlytruth:

Again, there is no way you and I served in the same location. I am a very meticulous man. I know and take note of things in my environment that most ordinary folks don't. I even have a hunch that I graduated MANY years ahead of you. cool
Hahahahaha.Lookee here,another shiny object!
We both served same year,kid.Same location.
Now quit stalling n meet my challenge or stop responding to me.
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Onlytruth(m): 8:49am On Jul 31, 2013
pokur:
Hahahahaha.Lookee here,another shiny object!
We both served same year,kid.Same location.
Now quit stalling n meet my challenge or stop responding to me.

What challenge? LOL

You seem to have quietly capitulated.cheesy Well, be man enough to apologize for your ignorance over Otolo matters.
We are all Nnewi, so I won't hold your earlier insult against you. You are my brother.
And NO we did not serve the same year. cool
Now BOW! cheesy
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Onlytruth(m): 9:05am On Jul 31, 2013
Anyway, this is the point I leave this thread...hopefully for good.
Signing off...

Yours truly,

Onlytruth, Ikenga Dike of Anaedo(Nnewi), Ndu di N'eziokwu I of Igboland, Eze Ndigbo Nairaland III. cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by pokur: 10:56am On Jul 31, 2013
pokur:
U claim to be Ezeagha's descendent,get back home n conduct interviews with ur elders n post the video here,see if it contradicts any of my assertions.Tis a dare,Onlytruth.

pokur:
I have asked u to post what proof u think u have to back ur wrongful assertions
Again,if u have historical proofs contrary to what I laid out,bring them forth n in a coherent manner.Till then,am done with u.
[quote author=Onlytruth]

What challenge? LOL
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by pokur: 11:04am On Jul 31, 2013
Always knew u would run,with your tail tucked 'tween your legs.
Like I advised earlier,kindly stick to the politics section where u may take as much liberties as u like with established facts.We don't allow that here in the culture section.
Onlytruth: Anyway, this is the point I leave this thread...hopefully for good.
Signing off...

Yours truly,

Onlytruth, cool cool cool
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by pokur: 11:11am On Jul 31, 2013
Onlytruth:
Yours truly,

Onlytruth, Ikenga Dike of Anaedo(Nnewi), Ndu di N'eziokwu I of Igboland, Eze Ndigbo Nairaland III. cool cool cool
Hian!.Afuro di ndi kwuoto n'Ogwugwu Eze-Kwuabo,ma ya fodu kwa ndi tukwu ana.
Mmecha I bia gwa anyi mmuo chibere gi wu Ezekudene ozo.
LOL. Onwero ife okochi a gha kotalu udu mmili
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Onlytruth(m): 4:52pm On Jul 31, 2013
pokur: Always knew u would run,with your tail tucked 'tween your legs.
Like I advised earlier,kindly stick to the politics section where u may take as much liberties as u like with established facts.We don't allow that here in the culture section.

You are the neophyte in nairaland. I and some Mods in this section have served Ndigbo and commented tirelessly for years HERE before your likes showed up. Dig into my past postings.
Oku daa ibube o di ka onyuru anyu. cool
I just took a little break from nairaland a few months ago, so suddenly your type comes here to yarn dust.
Nwokem shift for road biko.

And YES and I am Eze Ndigbo here. Go find out HOW and WHY; and I won it TWICE with wide margins. cool

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Onlytruth(m): 4:55pm On Jul 31, 2013
pokur:
Hian!.Afuro di ndi kwuoto n'Ogwugwu Eze-Kwuabo,ma ya fodu kwa ndi tukwu ana.
Mmecha I bia gwa anyi mmuo chibere gi wu Ezekudene ozo.
LOL. Onwero ife okochi a gha kotalu udu mmili

Go and find out who made that statement and WHY he made that statement.
You quoted it out of your ignorance once more. cheesy
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by pokur: 10:29pm On Jul 31, 2013
Onlytruth:

You are the neophyte in nairaland. I and some Mods in this section have served Ndigbo and commented tirelessly for years HERE before your likes showed up. Dig into my past postings.
Oku daa ibube o di ka onyuru anyu. cool
I just took a little break from nairaland a few months ago, so suddenly your type comes here to yarn dust.
Nwokem shift for road biko.

And YES and I am Eze Ndigbo here. Go find out HOW and WHY; and I won it TWICE with wide margins. cool
Chrissakes,dude quit making a show of yourself.
You have served urself,ur interest on Nairaland not Ndigbo.FYI,I was one of those that nominated n voted u in first time round n we never meant it as something to be taken too seriously.Seem it's gotten into ur head u now arrogate airs unto urself.U can be whatever u style urself on Nairaland,but u never,I repeat,never take liberty with established historical facts here in the CULTURE section.
Now run along,PDP n APC await u in the Politics section.
Btw,pm Seun.Ask him about the first set of characters that took him n Nairaland serious ever before u heard of it.
Now run along,kid.Go play,have serious things to do,serious people to attend than pay u heed.

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Onlytruth(m): 2:55am On Aug 01, 2013
pokur:
Chrissakes,dude quit making a show of yourself.
You have served urself,ur interest on Nairaland not Ndigbo.FYI,I was one of those that nominated n voted u in first time round n we never meant it as something to be taken too seriously.Seem it's gotten into ur head u now arrogate airs unto urself.U can be whatever u style urself on Nairaland,but u never,I repeat,never take liberty with established historical facts here in the CULTURE section.
Now run along,PDP n APC await u in the Politics section.
Btw,pm Seun.Ask him about the first set of characters that took him n Nairaland serious ever before u heard of it.
Now run along,kid.Go play,have serious things to do,serious people to attend than pay u heed.

LMAO, you have really shown your true age/level of education with the rant above. Your nerves to ever think that I am your youth service mate. undecided LOL

Anyway BACK to the "debate".

Who is your great grand mother's FATHER in Ezeagha clan?
Who is Ezeoguine's father in Udude clan?
Which Ezeagha's son did Ezeoguine act as reagent to before he decided to keep the throne for himself?

I ask these questions because I want others to learn REAL Nnewi history, not the one you pull out of your a55.
I honestly suspect that you are one of these "enu oha" people claiming Nnewi as hometown. cheesy

As for Eze Ndigbo here, only fools don't see the impact we've made and continue to make in Igbo opinion leadership in this site. If not for that impact (which I see in national discourse steadily), I would have left for good. I am a very busy man. Several vested interests sent representatives to convince me to come back, and I still took 4 months off. Now I am back again to ensure that oafs like you don't deceive Ndigbo with false history.

As for the date of my first comment on Nairaland since it started in 2005, that shall remain classified. cool
BTW thanks for nominating me. At least that tells me that you are not afraid to embrace TRUTH.

However,if you fail to answer any of the questions I posed correctly, I shall negate the former opinion about you, and brand you an IMPOSTOR. cool
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by biafranqueen: 5:19pm On Aug 01, 2013
pokur:
Nne,it's a He n he is much older than u,I wager
Are you a male also? Where can I find this written history by Okonkwo and do you agree with what is written?
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by biafranqueen: 5:22pm On Aug 01, 2013
pokur:
Ezemewi was the primary/founding deity of Nnewi,but for love yielded up his place to his second wife,Edo.He had a first wife,Ogwugwu Eze-Kwuabo,who reigned then with him as supreme gods before he got Edo.
Then Nnewi people clothe their gods with same foibles as we mortals.Twas even said that Edo n Ezemewi had a daughter together who later died n was also deified.
The two gods are linked together as Edo-Ezemewi cos it is said that so great was their love that one couldn't be without the other.
To your knowledge has anyone taken Ezemewi place?
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by biafranqueen: 5:27pm On Aug 01, 2013
Nwanna have you written a post on our history? If so can you please repost it here I know you are busy but please can you do that and if you know of any publications please share as well. Oral is great but we need to put our traditions and customs where the youth can easily access it! wink
Onlytruth:

LMAO, you have really shown your true age/level of education with the rant above. Your nerves to ever think that I am your youth service mate. undecided LOL

Anyway BACK to the "debate".

Who is your great grand mother's FATHER in Ezeagha clan?
Who is Ezeoguine's father in Udude clan?
Which Ezeagha's son did Ezeoguine act as reagent to before he decided to keep the throne for himself?

I ask these questions because I want others to learn REAL Nnewi history, not the one you pull out of your a55.
I honestly suspect that you are one of these "enu oha" people claiming Nnewi as hometown. cheesy

As for Eze Ndigbo here, only fools don't see the impact we've made and continue to make in Igbo opinion leadership in this site. If not for that impact (which I see in national discourse steadily), I would have left for good. I am a very busy man. Several vested interests sent representatives to convince me to come back, and I still took 4 months off. Now I am back again to ensure that oafs like you don't deceive Ndigbo with false history.

As for the date of my first comment on Nairaland since it started in 2005, that shall remain classified. cool
BTW thanks for nominating me. At least that tells me that you are not afraid to embrace TRUTH.

However,if you fail to answer any of the questions I posed correctly, I shall negate the former opinion about you, and brand you an IMPOSTOR. cool
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by biafranqueen: 5:35pm On Aug 01, 2013
Please to both Only Truth and Pokur if you would advise me on revisions with the original post. I would like to make sure it is accurate, because I am getting quite a few views and don't want to misinform the public. As well if you can help me add information you may deem as important.
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Irugboo(m): 9:33pm On Oct 13, 2013
Am very happy 4 d igwe of nnewi. The long serving king in 9ja. I wish we hv such a king in my town (AMICHI)

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by manny4life(m): 9:51pm On Oct 13, 2013
I know of a book that Dr. Alutu College of Excellence wrote, I read the book and the book is comprehensive.

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by pokur: 11:10pm On Oct 13, 2013
manny4life: I know of a book that Dr. Alutu College of Excellence wrote, I read the book and the book is comprehensive.
Not only is it comprehensive,but its also the officially accepted written history of Nnewi.Same one that funny character that arrogates airs to himself on this forum dare dismiss.Smh

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by biafranqueen: 6:20am On Oct 14, 2013
pokur:
Not only is it comprehensive,but its also the officially accepted written history of Nnewi.Same one that funny character that arrogates airs to himself on this forum dare dismiss.Smh
don't mind that clown I checked with elders in the community and your version was the correct one, he does not like to be wrong. Thanks for the info kiss
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by biafranqueen: 6:22am On Oct 14, 2013
manny4life: I know of a book that Dr. Alutu College of Excellence wrote, I read the book and the book is comprehensive.
What is the name of the book and can I buy it on Amazon?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Emir Sanusi Visits The Archbishop Of Canterbury In Lambeth Palace, UK (photos) / Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? / Pictures From Ofala Festival In Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.