Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,987 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. (22005 Views)

Rasheed Adewale-Akanbi Wearing Suit On Throne - Pic / Masquerade At Burial Of Traditional Ruler. Nnewi / Ogiame Atuwatse, Olu Of Warri Dies After 28 Years On The Throne (Picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by extraflyfineboy(m): 3:21pm On Jul 25, 2013
Igwe Ig'adi OOOOOOHH

Umunnem biko nu, bata nu ebea http://umehoma.com

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by cenaboy(m): 7:02pm On Jul 25, 2013
I am proud to be an Anaedo man from Okpuno Otolo to be precisely. Long live Igwe n'eje uka. D prestige of Nnewilite

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by cenaboy(m): 7:04pm On Jul 25, 2013
I am proud to be an Anaedo man from Okpuno Otolo to be precisely. Long live Igwe n'eje uka. D prestige of Nnewilite.

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Ebyprecious(f): 9:57pm On Jul 25, 2013
Igweeeeeeeeeeee!i ga adi maka na onye Chi mere eze ga abu eze.papa bring enuf gudies while comin bake plz do njoy urslf wit ur wife Cathrine

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Ebyprecious(f): 10:02pm On Jul 25, 2013
Am Orizu precious Ebere frm Igwe Orizu kings palace Obiuno Otolo Nnewi,npa plz get somtin 4 me while comin bak because i wl com 2 d houz 2 collect it.

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by igbo2011(m): 1:55am On Jul 26, 2013
Onlytruth:

Nne I'll try and come. As a matter of fact that is one of the MAIN reason I visit home.
The last one surpassed all others and I hope this one ga adi egwu. cool

Do you know the Ofomatas, Okongwus, Ofomas, Etiabas? These are family friends you may know from Inyaba (Umudim)?
Are you part of those families?

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by biafranqueen: 7:56am On Jul 26, 2013
igbo2011:
Nna we are all one family, wink grin where in Igboland are you from may I ask? I admire your work and love your facebook page. I wish all of our youth had the same mind set as you.
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by ak47mann(m): 2:56pm On Jul 26, 2013
biafranqueen: Nna we are all one family, wink grin where in Igboland are you from may I ask? I admire your work and love your facebook page. I wish all of our youth had the same mind set as you.
Nne amaghim na ibu nwa uruagu nwannem nwanyi coolsame blood cool

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Onlytruth(m): 6:33am On Jul 27, 2013
igbo2011:

I am not from Umudim; those are friends to my family like I said.
My lineage (Ezeagha) handed power to the Igwe's lineage(Ezeoguine) in Otolo Nnewi.
Nnewi is very unique in Igboland because we have a sophisticated and elaborate HOME GROWN monarchy,with direct successions, uncontested and undisputed with smooth transitions. Nnewi is like Britain (four "nations" in one, each with an Obi).
Igwe Nnewi is the Obi of Otolo.

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by biafranqueen: 6:57am On Jul 27, 2013
Onlytruth:

I am not from Umudim; those are friends to my family like I said.
My lineage (Ezeagha) handed power to the Igwe's lineage(Ezeoguine) in Otolo Nnewi.
Nnewi is very unique in Igboland because we have a sophisticated and elaborate HOME GROWN monarchy,with direct successions, uncontested and undisputed with smooth transitions. Nnewi is like Britain (four "nations" in one, each with an Obi).
Igwe Nnewi is the Obi of Otolo.
What I was taught was that it started in Umudim and that the Obi defiled that land and it was handed to Otolo. As you said it was a smooth transition because Umudim people did not want our Obi to continue with the Ofo and the next in line was Orizu. Some families such as Nwosu Orizu a cousin to Igwe and Barrister B C Musa tried to force themselves to the throne, but they failed.
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Onlytruth(m): 9:00am On Jul 27, 2013
biafranqueen: What I was taught was that it started in Umudim and that the Obi defiled that land and it was handed to Otolo. As you said it was a smooth transition because Umudim people did not want our Obi to continue with the Ofor and the next in line was Orizu. Some families such as Nwafor Orizu a cousin to Igwe and Barrister B C Musa tried to force themselves to the throne, but they failed.

The truth is that Umudim still holds the "ofo", but not the Igweship. Whenever the Igwe performs the ofala, that ofo bearing clan in Umudim must be present (just like other "aka n'ano though), but it gets really complicated. Nnewi town did not ALL come from one man. A good chunk of Uruagu for instance came from Oba, led by one warrior amiably titled "ofulu ogu ju nni" (he who saw a war and preferred it to food grin ) Imagine such a man!grin
Otolo is the "di okpala" Nnewi(first born) and others agree on that, hence the Igweship; but even inside Otolo, there was a leader by the name of Ezeagha (my direct ancestor) who basically subdued everybody else and started ruling. He fought many wars hence his name "Eze a agha" literally meaning -this king of wars! lol
He had many sons, but when he wanted to die, he discovered that none of his sons were qualified to succeed him. They weren't warlike enough for him. So, he picked his nephew -who always accompanied him to wars- to succeed him. That nephew's name is Ezeoguine (the current Igwe's ancestor). My ancestor (Ezeagha)'s palace is directly to the left of the Igwe's current palace. If you stand at the Igwe's gate and look leftwards a little inwards (about 150 meters), there is a HUGE compound there with many "alusi" figurines. That is Eze a agha's palace.
As for Nwafor Orizu, he never tried to usurp the throne, it was Nwosu "dike ana agbalu izu" that almost did, but Ofo Nnewi is too powerful for such things. The story as to why he thought to do so is too long for me to narrate here, but suffice it to say that Ezeugbonyamba (current Igwe's grand father) was a boy when the white man showed up in Nnewi for the first time. His uncle (Nwosu's father) stood in for him to "receive the white man", and afterwards thought he could continue after tasting power, but Nnewi is too tough for that. He recanted later and the boy king(Ezeugbonyamba) was installed.
That Ezeugbonyamba was the Igwe Orizu I.

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by biafranqueen: 10:43pm On Jul 27, 2013
Minister of Tradition wink I hail thee so you must be from Nwosu Clan?

mean while we need your honest input on this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/1373338/state-govt-ignores-igbos-does/2#17068366
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by pokur: 11:37pm On Jul 27, 2013
Onlytruth:

The truth is that Umudim still holds the "ofo", but not the Igweship. Whenever the Igwe performs the ofala, that ofo bearing clan in Umudim must be present (just like other "aka n'ano though), but it gets really complicated. Nnewi town did not ALL come from one man. A good chunk of Uruagu for instance came from Oba, led by one warrior amiably titled "ofulu ogu ju nni" (he who saw a war and preferred it to food grin ) Imagine such a man!grin
Otolo is the "di okpala" Nnewi(first born) and others agree on that, hence the Igweship; but even inside Otolo, there was a leader by the name of Ezeagha (my direct ancestor) who basically subdued everybody else and started ruling. He fought many wars hence his name "Eze a agha" literally meaning -this king of wars! lol
He had many sons, but when he wanted to die, he discovered that none of his sons were qualified to succeed him. They weren't warlike enough for him. So, he picked his nephew -who always accompanied him to wars- to succeed him. That nephew's name is Ezeoguine (the current Igwe's ancestor). My ancestor (Ezeagha)'s palace is directly to the left of the Igwe's current palace. If you stand at the Igwe's gate and look leftwards a little inwards (about 150 meters), there is a HUGE compound there with many "alusi" figurines. That is Eze a agha's palace.
As for Nwafor Orizu, he never tried to usurp the throne, it was Nwosu "dike ana agbalu izu" that almost did, but Ofo Nnewi is too powerful for such things. The story as to why he thought to do so is too long for me to narrate here, but suffice it to say that Ezeugbonyamba (current Igwe's grand father) was a boy when the white man showed up in Nnewi for the first time. His uncle (Nwosu's father) stood in for him to "receive the white man", and afterwards thought he could continue after tasting power, but Nnewi is too tough for that. He recanted later and the boy king(Ezeugbonyamba) was installed.
That Ezeugbonyamba was the Igwe Orizu I.
biafranqueen: What I was taught was that it started in Umudim and that the Obi defiled that land and it was handed to Otolo. As you said it was a smooth transition because Umudim people did not want our Obi to continue with the Ofor and the next in line was Orizu. Some families such as Nwafor Orizu a cousin to Igwe and Barrister B C Musa tried to force themselves to the throne, but they failed.
You both got your Nnewi history wrong!
For starters,Uru (Umudim) was never Igwe Nnewi as he was Nnewi's third son after Digbo (Otolo n Eze Kwuabo's father) n Edoji,the second son.The Ofor passed on to him cos even in his father's lifetime he showed aptitude for priesthood n judgeship.Otolo,on his part was Nnewi's grandson not his son.
Coming to Eze Afuogu ju nni,he was grandson or great grandson to Ezeana Isu ,Nnewi's brother n technically the first Obi of what is known as Uruagu Nnewi today.His sons n their family had to go on exile cos of murder n the vacuum created was what Eze Afuogu,his daughter's son by an Oba man filled.So,we are related by blood,Otolo n Uruagu.Don't forget,the descendants of Edoji,Nnewi's second son are part of Uruagu today.
Just clearing that up,didn't mean to derail the thread.
Btw @Onlytruth,Ezeagha was never an Igwe Nnewi.He was prince n warrior of repute,BROTHER to Igwe Ezeoguine (not his uncle).He was one of the few in Nnewi's history to be conferred with Dike Onuo Orah for his battle prowess n victories.

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Onlytruth(m): 1:02am On Jul 28, 2013
pokur:
For starters,Uru (Umudim) was never Igwe Nnewi as he was Nnewi's third son after Digbo (Otolo n Eze Kwuabo's father) n Edoji,the second son.The Ofor passed on to him cos even in his father's lifetime he showed aptitude for priesthood n judgeship.Otolo,on his part was Nnewi's grandson not his son.
Coming to Eze Afuogu ju nni,he was grandson or great grandson to Ezeana Isu ,Nnewi's brother n technically the first Obi of what is known as Uruagu Nnewi today.His sons n their family had to go on exile cos of murder n the vacuum created was what Eze Afuogu,his daughter's son by an Oba man filled.So,we are related by blood,Otolo n Uruagu.Don't forget,the descendants of Edoji,Nnewi's second son are part of Uruagu today.
Btw @Onlytruth,Ezeagha was never an Igwe Nnewi.He was prince n warrior of repute,BROTHER to Igwe Ezeoguine (not his uncle).He was one of the few in Nnewi's history to be conferred with Dike Onuo Orah for his battle prowess n victories.

@First bolded, I never said that Umudim ever produced an Igwe, please read again. I mentioned the OFO, nothing more.

@Second bolded, I never said that ALL of Uruagu are not related to other Nnewi clans. That is why I said SOME. So you are right, but then I never said otherwise.

@Third bolded, you are gravely wrong. LOL. Ezeagha was the FIRST man to rule the whole of Nnewi, and he did it by basically fighting and subduing everyone. Go and ask any knowledgeable Otolo man. Yes he was a warrior, and there was NO overall Igwe of Nnewi before him. He was the FIRST. Ezeoguine was his young nephew who lived with him, and shared his philosophy of warfare and even hired mercenaries sometimes (from Abam, Ohafia, and Aro) to aid Ezeagha in battles. That is why Nnewi has some Aro settlers till today. I hope you know about how Ezeagha dealt with "Ezeokpo" of Ezekwuabo and his "eke mmiri". lol

BTW why is there an Ezeagha palace at its current location(a HUGE palace next to the current Igwe's palace)? Haven't you ever asked? If you stand in front of Ezeagha palace, you can see STRAIGHT all the way to Eke Ochie (near Nwosu's compound and even up to current location of Nnofor hall. There as an old road that goes right through the cow market at "ama Obi" near "Okwu udude", straight to "Eke Ochie". That was Ezeagha's road. Up till today, some sons of Ezeagha sometimes feel like taking back what they consider theirs, but Nnewi people are wise men of the East, so we chill for peace sakes. lol. grin cool

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by pokur: 1:38am On Jul 28, 2013
Onlytruth:

@First bolded, I never said that Umudim ever produced an Igwe, please read again. I mentioned the OFO, nothing more.

@Second bolded, I never said that ALL of Uruagu are not related to other Nnewi clans. That is why I said SOME. So you are right, but then I never said otherwise.

@Third bolded, you are gravely wrong. LOL. Ezeagha was the FIRST man to rule the whole of Nnewi, and he did it by basically fighting and subduing everyone. Go and ask any knowledgeable Otolo man. Yes he was a warrior, and there was NO overall Igwe of Nnewi before him. He was the FIRST. Ezeoguine was his young nephew who lived with him, and shared his philosophy of warfare and even hired mercenaries sometimes (from Abam, Ohafia, and Aro) to aid Ezeagha in battles. That is why Nnewi has some Aro settlers till today. I hope you know about how Ezeagha dealt with "Ezeokpo" of Ezekwuabo and his "eke mmiri". lol

BTW why is there an Ezeagha palace at its current location(a HUGE palace next to the current Igwe's palace)? Haven't you ever asked? If you stand in front of Ezeagha palace, you can see STRAIGHT all the way to Eke Ochie (near Nwosu's compound and even up to current location of Nnofor hall. There as an old road that goes right through the cow market at "ama Obi" near "Okwu udude", straight to "Eke Ochie". That was Ezeagha's road. Up till today, some sons of Ezeagha sometimes feel like taking back what they consider theirs, but Nnewi people are wise men of the East, so we chill for peace sakes. lol. grin cool
Dude,I gave u straight up Nnewi history not conjectures or suppositions.
Btw,why do u think they always append "of Nnofo Royal lineage" to the Igwe?.Ever heard of the Enem lineage?.Not to detract,Ezeagha was never an Igwe,not to talk of being the first.My great-grandmother was a descendent,though i am descended from Eze Em n Eze Nwanagum,2nd n 3rd Obis of Uruagu myself,so I know what I talk of.Get back home n enquire of ur elders starting with ur obi umunna right up to the palace.
Also,no Igwe has ever RULED over Nnewi (ur word n intendment).They reigned.Real power lies with the Nzuko Ora n the priesthood,especially Edo-Ezemewi priests.

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Onlytruth(m): 1:53am On Jul 28, 2013
pokur:
Btw,why do u think they always append "of Nnofo Royal lineage" to the Igwe?.Ever heard of the Enem lineage?.Not to detract,Ezeagha was never an Igwe,not to talk of being the first.My great-grandmother was a descendent,though i am descended from Eze Em n Eze Nwanagum,2nd n 3rd Obis of Uruagu myself,so I know what I talk of.Get back home n enquire of ur elders starting with ur obi umunna right up to the palace.
Also,no Igwe has ever RULED over Nnewi (ur word n intendment).They reigned.Real power lies with the Nzuko Ora n the priesthood,especially Edo-Ezemewi priests.

Nwanne, you confuse yourself, with "rule" and "reign". They remain the same in contemporary English.
I don't want us to wash Nnewi loins here with "Uruagu" issue, which I think is your angst, and the main issue behind your ignorance of bigger Nnewi (especially Otolo) issues. There was a time Uruagu almost left the "Union" to become autonomous town, but sanity prevailed later. So, I end this "argument" here and now for the sake of Nnewi.

Thanks for debating. cool

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Chiemekaorizu(m): 6:07pm On Jul 28, 2013
Wow......I didn't know that I had many brothers and sisters in NL.......ekele kwa m unu o

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Ladyhrts: 8:05pm On Jul 28, 2013
i heard dat it start from umunnealum umudim but dey lost it to otolo nnewi ,lonh live ANAEDO NNEWI

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by biafranqueen: 10:46pm On Jul 28, 2013
pokur:
you did not derail the thread very interesting. I will read this to Igwe and see if he can clear it up. It is important that we have a clear understanding of our history. We must teach it to our children and it must be written down for clarification. White people did it look how the Jews have everyone reding about the lineage in church. This is very good!
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by pokur: 9:47am On Jul 29, 2013
Onlytruth:

Nwanne, you confuse yourself, with "rule" and "reign". They remain the same in contemporary English.
I don't want us to wash Nnewi loins here with "Uruagu" issue, which I think is your angst, and the main issue behind your ignorance of bigger Nnewi (especially Otolo) issues. There was a time Uruagu almost left the "Union" to become autonomous town, but sanity prevailed later. So, I end this "argument" here and now for the sake of Nnewi.

Thanks for debating. cool
Been prevented from posting on this thread by anti-spam bot or I would have responded earlier.
I corrected ur erroneous assertions n misrepresentation of Nnewi history n all u could come up with is this nonsense?.Dude,get back to the politics section.Here we do not take liberties with established facts or histories.U claim to be Ezeagha's descendent,get back home n conduct interviews with ur elders n post the video here,see if it contradicts any of my assertions.Tis a dare,Onlytruth.

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by pokur: 9:56am On Jul 29, 2013
biafranqueen: you did not derail the thread very interesting. I will read this to Igwe and see if he can clear it up. It is important that we have a clear understanding of our history. We must teach it to our children and it must be written down for clarification. White people did it look how the Jews have everyone reding about the lineage in church. This is very good!
Then u should be able to find that he is the 17th Obi of Otolo n Igwe Nnewi of the Nnofo lineage,not 17th Obi a la the op.The Enem lineage came before Nnofo.Nnofo actually usurped the throne from his young nephew for whom he acted as regent for a while.Part reason why Nnewi rose against Nwosu Eze Odumegwu when he wanted to try same circa 1904.
Referring the Igwe as the 17th overall reduces the Nnewi monarchy to a recent one,it is quite older than that.

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Onlytruth(m): 6:10am On Jul 30, 2013
pokur:
Been prevented from posting on this thread by anti-spam bot or I would have responded earlier.
I corrected ur erroneous assertions n misrepresentation of Nnewi history n all u could come up with is this nonsense?.Dude,get back to the politics section.Here we do not take liberties with established facts or histories.U claim to be Ezeagha's descendent,get back home n conduct interviews with ur elders n post the video here,see if it contradicts any of my assertions.Tis a dare,Onlytruth.

My friend I don't have time for kids in the internet. The first thing you tried to do was try to make yourself more relevant by citing your mother's lineage to the Obi Uruagu. My own mother is Ezeoguine direct but that is irrelevant.
You then went ahead to claim that Ezeagha never ruled Nnewi. At that point I concluded you are not worth my time.
I hope you have not been deceived by the Okonkwo Alutu (Uruagu man) version of Nnewi history because it is as "accurate" as the imagination of the author. When an Otolo man writes his own version of Nnewi history, please endeavor to get a copy and be schooled in our REAL history.
I told you that the root of your ignorance is the "Uruagu issue" and I will only take your antagonistic/protagonist style the day Uruagu leaves the Nnewi union to become an autonomous town.
For now, revel in your ignorance. LOL. cheesy cool

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by biafranqueen: 6:57am On Jul 30, 2013
pokur:
Did not the Edo -Ezemewi die and they now have a market in its place, where the market is now. I heard that no one was strong enough to take his place. And is this not in Umudim. They said he was the oldest man at that time in the 80 s when I was a small girl. We use to give him kola nut when passing.
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by biafranqueen: 7:12am On Jul 30, 2013
Onlytruth:

My friend I don't have time for kids in the internet. The first thing you tried to do was try to make yourself more relevant by citing your mother's lineage to the Obi Uruagu. My own mother is Ezeoguine direct but that is irrelevant.
You then went ahead to claim that Ezeagha never ruled Nnewi. At that point I concluded you are not worth my time.
I hope you have not been deceived by the Okonkwo Alutu (Uruagu man) version of Nnewi history because it is as "accurate" as the imagination of the author. When an Otolo man writes his own version of Nnewi history, please endeavor to get a copy and be schooled in our REAL history.
I told you that the root of your ignorance is the "Uruagu issue" and I will only take your antagonistic/protagonist style the day Uruagu leaves the Nnewi union to become an autonomous town.
Nna it's ok this is our wife and even if she is young she is very intelligent. Biko Biko we are trying to get the story in its entirety it is important to get the story correct. Has nobody written it down?
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Onlytruth(m): 10:15am On Jul 30, 2013
biafranqueen: Nna it's ok this is our wife and even if she is young she is very intelligent. Biko Biko we are trying to get the story in its entirety it is important to get the story correct. Has nobody written it down?

All intelligent Nnewi girls respect people they don't know. She didn't.

The funny thing is that BOTH Ezeagha and Ezeoguine are of Nnofo royal lineage by the fact that Udude Ezeagha's DIRECT father was Nnofo's son.

I have more to say, but I'll wait for now.
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by pokur: 10:35pm On Jul 30, 2013
Onlytruth:

I have asked u to post what proof u think u have to back ur wrongful assertions n all u do is rant.I'm done with u.
Btw,Okonkwo Atulu's Nnewi history is still the only officially endorsed written history of Nnewi by all four quarters that make up Nnewi,Otolo inclusive.If u know any other,bring it up.I didn't even refer to any part of it,but to well established oral history I've picked up over the years.
Again,it seems u have comprehension problem,I wrote that my great-grandmother descended from Ezeagha,not my mother.I am descended directly from Eze Afuogu,Eze Em n Eze Nwanagum,1st,2nd n 3rd Obis of Uruagu,of both sides of my parentage.I proudly proclaim that,but that has nothing to do with ur so-called "Uruagu issue" (whatever that means) that lives in ur fevered imagination.
Again,if u have historical proofs contrary to what I laid out,bring them forth n in a coherent manner.Till then,am done with u.

1 Like

Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by pokur: 10:40pm On Jul 30, 2013
Btw,am much older than u @Onlytruth so have done with such stite as call me kid.Tis the wont of intellectual minnows to result to such in face of superior argument.U wonder how I know u?.We both served same year,same batch,same local govt.U were better than this then.
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by pokur: 10:44pm On Jul 30, 2013
biafranqueen: Nna it's ok this is our wife and even if she is young she is very intelligent. Biko Biko we are trying to get the story in its entirety it is important to get the story correct. Has nobody written it down?
Nne,it's a He n he is much older than u,I wager
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by pokur: 10:56pm On Jul 30, 2013
biafranqueen:
Did not the Edo -Ezemewi die and they now have a market in its place, where the market is now. I heard that no one was strong enough to take his place. And is this not in Umudim. They said he was the oldest man at that time in the 80 s when I was a small girl. We use to give him kola nut when passing.
Ezemewi was the primary/founding deity of Nnewi,but for love yielded up his place to his second wife,Edo.He had a first wife,Ogwugwu Eze-Kwuabo,who reigned then with him as supreme gods before he got Edo.
Then Nnewi people clothe their gods with same foibles as we mortals.Twas even said that Edo n Ezemewi had a daughter together who later died n was also deified.
The two gods are linked together as Edo-Ezemewi cos it is said that so great was their love that one couldn't be without the other.
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Onlytruth(m): 3:01am On Jul 31, 2013
pokur: Btw,am much older than u @Onlytruth so have done with such stite as call me kid.Tis the wont of intellectual minnows to result to such in face of superior argument.U wonder how I know u?.We both served same year,same batch,same local govt.U were better than this then.

I did not serve with any Nnewi man during youth service. You must have me mistaken for another person.
This is internet, so I cannot be sure whether I am older or the other way round. Actually it is irrelevant to the discourse.
You were wrong about KEY FACTS of Nnewi history and genealogy, and I will not allow you to get away with it. grin cool
Re: Igwe Nnewi Visits California To Celebrate 50 Years On The Throne. by Onlytruth(m): 3:10am On Jul 31, 2013
pokur:
I have asked u to post what proof u think u have to back ur wrongful assertions n all u do is rant.I'm done with u.
Btw,Okonkwo Atulu's Nnewi history is still the only officially endorsed written history of Nnewi by all four quarters that make up Nnewi,Otolo inclusive.If u know any other,bring it up.I didn't even refer to any part of it,but to well established oral history I've picked up over the years.
Again,it seems u have comprehension problem,I wrote that my great-grandmother descended from Ezeagha,not my mother.I am descended directly from Eze Afuogu,Eze Em n Eze Nwanagum,1st,2nd n 3rd Obis of Uruagu,of both sides of my parentage.I proudly proclaim that,but that has nothing to do with ur so-called "Uruagu issue" (whatever that means) that lives in ur fevered imagination.
Again,if u have historical proofs contrary to what I laid out,bring them forth n in a coherent manner.Till then,am done with u.

@First bolded: I know Ezeagha like the back of my hand. Care to tell me which specific clan your great grand mother descended from?

@Second bolded: Like I said before, I really do not want to get into certain things because Nnewi unity is more important to me than scoring cheap points on the internet.

I have TWO questions for you.

Did you say that Ezeoguine was Ezeagha's BROTHER?
Why/How did Nnofo (the second son of Otolo) take over from Enem (the first son of Otolo)?

I will not allow you to get away with this disinformation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Emir Sanusi Visits The Archbishop Of Canterbury In Lambeth Palace, UK (photos) / Is Port Harcout Not An Igboland? / Pictures From Ofala Festival In Anambra State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.