Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,443 members, 7,836,781 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] (7971 Views)

8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. / Myths And Truths Of Atheism / Chinese Language Unmasks A Startling Discovery Of The Truths Of Genesis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jul 25, 2013
striktlymi:

Lol!!!

I am a Christian and you know for sure that I will say Christianity...a Muslim would say Islam...and so forth.

But the absolute TRUTH is that the Children of God can be found in every religion and irreligion.

Ultimately, what matters to God is the sincerity of each individual's heart in doing what he or she considers good in line with the principles of right conduct and good conscience.

Well spoken. Totally agreed.

1 Like

Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jul 25, 2013
hayubee: Maasha Allah!
So who is a Muslim?
A Muslim is some 1 who submit his/her self to Allah's will and believes dat der is no diety worship except Allah and muhammad is a prophet of Allah
Observes solat 5 times daily, fast's in d mont of ramadan, gives zakat from wat Allah has given him and goes 4 hajj if he can
I don't no of shai and sunni in d quran and hadith which I follow
Were dey get dirs I don't no
I am neither shai nor sunni, I am a Muslim who follows d teaching of Allah and his messanger! Thank you!

If you are neither, then you are not a Muslim. According to history of Islam Sunni and Shia factions are significant part that shouldnt be ignored. Ali(Muhammad's grandson) rolls with the Sunnis, while his direct descendants are today's Shias.

So by professing to not belonging to neither, then you are practicing a corrupt form of Islam.

Just like in Christianity where we Have Roman Catholic, Protestant and Methodist, Islam have Sunni, Shia and two others not quite as popular as the previous two.

So on that note, I asked "are you sure you are truly a Muslim?"
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Mintayo(m): 10:44pm On Jul 25, 2013
striktlymi:
Lol!!!
I am a Christian and you know for sure that I will say Christianity...a Muslim would say Islam...and so forth.

But the absolute TRUTH is that the Children of God can be found in every religion and irreligion.

Ultimately, what matters to God is the sincerity of each individual's heart in doing what he or she considers good in line with the principles of right conduct and good conscience.

permit me to say dt d bolded r just ur own fabrications without an biblical backing!

i beg to disagrre with ur last statement...if we are talking about being good and doing right conducts,where do u live d pagans,budhist,hindism etc...??
Everybody regardless of ur religion can be good but u CAN'T bribe God with that...

You are a child of God if and only if you accept Jesus as your Lord and personal saviour!

...do muslims see themselves as children of God? NO...allah is not a father,his muslims r SLAVES!

Pls dnt let us derail dis wonderful thread!
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jul 25, 2013
Mintayo: [/b]

permit me to say dt d bolded r just ur own fabrications without an biblical backing!

i beg to disagrre with ur last statement...if we are talking about being good and doing right conducts,where do u live d pagans,budhist,hindism etc...??
Everybody regardless of ur religion can be good but u CAN'T bribe God with that...

You are a child of God if and only if you accept Jesus as your Lord and personal saviour!

...do muslims see themselves as children of God? NO...allah is not a father,his muslims r SLAVES!

How is he derailing the thread , The truth is we(Christians, Muslims, Atheists, Pagans) are all children of God.
The funny thing is no muslim could defend their religion... Striklymi a Christian had to do it for them..

2 Likes

Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Mintayo(m): 11:16pm On Jul 25, 2013
Misunderstood_G: How is he derailing the thread , The truth is we(Christians, Muslims, Atheists, Pagans) are all children of God.
The funny thing is no muslim could defend their religion... Striklymi a Christian had to do it for them..
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Mintayo(m): 11:19pm On Jul 25, 2013
Misunderstood_G: How is he derailing the thread , The truth is we(Christians, Muslims, Atheists, Pagans) are all children of God.

i disagree with ur first statement bt for d sake of dis thread i will just shutup on that...wink

you cn read ur Bible well esp d book of roman=roman 8 :14.
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by hayubee(m): 4:50am On Jul 26, 2013
FrostyZonn:

If you are neither, then you are not a Muslim. According to history of Islam Sunni and Shia factions are significant part that shouldnt be ignored. Ali(Muhammad's grandson) rolls with the Sunnis, while his direct descendants are today's Shias.

So by professing to not belonging to neither, then you are practicing a corrupt form of Islam.

Just like in Christianity where we Have Roman Catholic, Protestant and Methodist, Islam have Sunni, Shia and two others not quite as popular as the previous two.

So on that note, I asked "are you sure you are truly a Muslim?"
Since u no about Islam
Now tell me is d prophet shai or sunni, d kalifa afta him are they shai or sunni, in description of a Muslim in d quran nd haidth Neva mention any tin like shai or sunni
I follow Allah and his messenger not some scholars!
Any tin shai or sunni is an innovation in religion (bidia) nd d prophet said bidia will lead u to no where other than hell fire!
On de issue of striking 1's wife u said am wrong maa sha Allahu since I'm wrong I will like to no what the quran says! Thanks
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Nobody: 6:10am On Jul 26, 2013
hayubee:
Since u no about Islam
Now tell me is d prophet shai or sunni, d kalifa afta him are they shai or sunni, in description of a Muslim in d quran nd haidth Neva mention any tin like shai or sunni
I follow Allah and his messenger not some scholars!
Any tin shai or sunni is an innovation in religion (bidia) nd d prophet said bidia will lead u to no where other than hell fire!

By all definitions, Muhammad is definitely Sunni, because after he died, Muhammad's successful Abu Bakr were already leading the faction into battles under the title of that name. That's why todays Sunni Muslims regard themselves as the true children of Islam.

I smiled at the bolded, because by your own words, you have condemned every Muslims out there. By your own words, you indicated that all Muslims will go to hell fire, because According to you Sunni and Shia are mere Innovations that shouldn't take precedence over Islam, so therefore must be disregarded.

But know this; The Arabians that helped spread Islam across the globe were either Sunni or Shia when they did so. And we both know that the word "Arab" is the bedrock of Islam, and according to the Quran, Arabic is the language of Allah, and thus shouldn't be disregarded.

hayubee: On de issue of striking s wife u said am wrong maa sha Allahu since I'm wrong I will like to no what the quran says! Thanks

From the Quran;

Qur'an (4:34) - "Men are the maintainers of women because Allah has made some
of them to excel others and because they spend out of their property; the good
women are therefore obedient, guarding
the unseen as Allah has guarded; and (as
to) those on whose part you fear desertion, admonish them, and leave them alone in the sleeping-places and beat them; then if they obey you, do not seek a way against them; surely Allah is High, Great."

From the Hadith;

Bukhari (72:715) - A woman came to
Muhammad and begged her to stop her husband from beating her. Her skin was bruised so badly that she it is described as being "greener" than the green veil she was wearing. Muhammad did not admonish her
husband, but instead ordered her to return to him and submit to his sexual
desires.

Bukhari (72:715) - "Aisha said, 'I have
not seen any woman suffering as much
as the believing women'"

This is Muhammad's own wife complaining of the abuse that the women of her religions suffer relative to other women.

Muslim (4:2127) - Muhammad struck his favorite wife, Aisha, in the chest
one evening when she left the house without his permission. Aisha
narrates, "He struck me on the chest which caused me pain."

Muslim (9:3506) - Muhammad's father-
in-laws (Abu Bakr and Umar) amused him by slapping his wives (Aisha and Hafsa) for annoying him.

Point made.
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by ajalaidowu10(m): 6:21am On Jul 26, 2013
all d pic u post ar fake becus holding d quran or dressing in arabian form does nt tell u ar a muslim likewise d story witout reference. go do a gud job by quoting d quranall d pic u post ar fake becus holding d quran or dressing in arabian form does nt tell u ar a muslim likewise d story witout reference. go do a gud job by quoting d quranall d pic u post ar fake becus holding d quran or dressing in arabian form does nt tell u ar a muslim likewise d story witout reference. go do a gud job by quoting d quran
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Nobody: 6:30am On Jul 26, 2013
ajalaidowu10: all d pic u post ar fake becus holding d quran or dressing in arabian form does nt tell u ar a muslim

Are you for real? In a gathering of 5 men, identifying a Muslim is very easy. The Quran tells all Muslims to strife to be like Muhammad, so a good Muslim will always endeavour to dress like him - In flowing gown and Kaftan.
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Nobody: 7:00am On Jul 26, 2013

The above is your own fabrication! God is Father to all!

2 Likes

Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by TheClown: 7:45am On Jul 26, 2013
All the op has posted is nothing but the truth and anyone that defends Islam defends evil, be you a Christian or Muslim. All you need to do a take a critical at Islam. @strictly me, you cannot be xtian and reason like a Muslim, ignoring obvious truths in the spirit of taqiya.

2 Likes

Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 26, 2013
The Clown: All the op has posted is nothing but the truth and anyone that defends Islam defends evil, be you a Christian or Muslim. All you need to do a take a critical at Islam. @strictly me, you cannot be xtian and reason like a Muslim, ignoring obvious truths in the spirit of taqiya.

You have succeeded in saying nothing but make claims. If the OP is correct as you suggest then show it.
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Mintayo(m): 8:03am On Jul 26, 2013
striktlymi:
The above is your own fabrication! God is Father to all!

on a more serious note,i don't belive u r a christain(from ur posts and comments on other threads).
I won't argue with u on this for d sake of this thread but i will tell u to read the Bible very well enough to know the truth.
We are only God's children when we accepted Jesus as our Lord and saviour!
Don't confuse being God creation to being His child!

1 Like

Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Nobody: 8:10am On Jul 26, 2013
Mintayo:

on a more serious note,i don't belive u r a christain(from ur posts and comments on other threads).
I won't argue with u on this for d sake of this thread but i will tell u to read the Bible very well enough to know the truth.
We are only God's children when we accepted Jesus as our Lord and saviour!
Don't confuse being God creation to being His child!

The above still is your opinion and you are entitled to it!!!
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 26, 2013
The Clown: All the op has posted is nothing but the truth and anyone that defends Islam defends evil, be you a Christian or Muslim. All you need to do a take a critical at Islam. @strictly me, you cannot be xtian and reason like a Muslim, ignoring obvious truths in the spirit of taqiya.

On point at the bolded. striktlymi was obviously playing the devils's advocate, and and by every indication, he thinks he's defending the defenseless. I still don't know how Islam can be construed as a defenseless religion, if anything they are the aggressors.

All the points made in this article were valid and surgical, not biased like striktlymi(an allegedly Christian) accused it to be. Like I said before you can't sit on the fence and choose sides when it suits you. You either pick a side and stick to it or continue sitting on the fence, which would qualify you as an atheist.
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Mintayo(m): 8:17am On Jul 26, 2013
striktlymi:
The above still is your opinion and you are entitled to it!!!

do i really need to prove it for you from the Bible??
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Nobody: 8:18am On Jul 26, 2013
FrostyZonn:

On point at the bolded. striktlymi was obviously playing the devils's advocate, and and by every indication, he thinks he's defending the defenseless. I still don't know how Islam can be construed as a defenseless religion, if anything they are the aggressors.

Why not prove that Muhammad asked them to attack first?

FrostyZonn:
All the points made in this article were valid and surgical, not biased like striktlymi(an allegedly Christian) accused it to be. Like I said before you can't sit on the fence and choose sides when it suits you. You either pick a side and stick to it or continue sitting on the fence, which would qualify you as an atheist.

A number of your views are not based on proof and you say it is not biased?
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 26, 2013
Mintayo:

do i really need to prove it for you from the Bible??

I am confident that you would end up given us your private interpretation and present it as proof.
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 26, 2013
striktlymi:

Why not prove that Muhammad asked them to attack first?

By this singular statement, I'm now quite convinced you are not a Christian. The Quran is choc full of utterances by the War lord/prophet to attack the infidels(unbelievers) and strike them down should they refuse to convert to Islam.

What other evidence do you need?? Haba!

striktlymi:
A number of your views are not based on proof and you say it is not biased?

Proof is manifesting around you even as I type this. You must either be blind or a Muslim not to recognise the constant danger that "religion of peace" is posing to world peace.
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Nobody: 8:32am On Jul 26, 2013
FrostyZonn:

By this singular statement, I'm now quite convinced you are not a Christian. The Quran is choc full of utterances by the War lord/prophet to attack the infidels(unbelievers) and strike them down should they refuse to convert to Islam.

What other evidence do you need?? Haba!

I really do not care what you think I am! You can call me a pagan if you want, it still does not negate the fact that you CANNOT provide one shred of evidence to prove that Muhammad asked his followers to attack first. On the contrary, we have evidence to show that the order was to attack only those who attack them.

FrostyZonn:
Proof is manifesting around you even as I type this. You must either be blind or a Muslim not to recognise the constant danger that religion is posing to world peace.

And how does the above prove your case?
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Nobody: 8:45am On Jul 26, 2013
striktlymi:

I really do not care what you think I am! You can call me a pagan if you want, it still does not negate the fact that you CANNOT provide one shred of evidence to prove that Muhammad asked his followers to attack first. On the contrary, we have evidence to show that the order was to attack only those who attack them.

By your argument, Muhammad then is without blame and Islam the one and only true religion. And yet you claim to be a Christian. Who are you deceiving?

striktlymi: And how does the above prove your case

Geez...
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Mintayo(m): 8:47am On Jul 26, 2013
FrostyZonn:

strict is an athiest.

Talking about self defense,if all christains engage in self-defense,do u think anybody will remain here on earth?
If Jesus engaged in self-defense do u think He will be killed?

Self defense is a LIES from satan to decieve muslims.
Islam was propagated by LIES and VIOLENCE...to say otherwise is to shy from d TRUTH which is evident today!
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Mintayo(m): 8:48am On Jul 26, 2013
FrostyZonn:

strict is an athiest.

Talking about self defense,if all christains engage in self-defense,do u think anybody will remain here on earth?

Islam was propagated by LIES and VIOLENCE...to say otherwise is to shy from d TRUTH which is evident today!
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Nobody: 8:48am On Jul 26, 2013
FrostyZonn:

By your argument, Muhammad then is without blame and Islam the one and only true religion. And yet you claim to be a Christian. Who are you deceiving?

Why not quote where I said the bold? It seems you just like making claims without having any evidence to back them up. Please embarrass me with a quote.

FrostyZonn:
Geez...

Is the above your evidence?
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Mintayo(m): 8:50am On Jul 26, 2013
FrostyZonn:

strict is an athiest.

Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Nobody: 8:54am On Jul 26, 2013

strict is an athiest.

Islam was propagated by LIES and VIOLENCE...

That's what striktlymi and his Muslim pack doesn't seem to grasp. If Christians decide to fight back in self defense, like the Muslims claim they are doing, there will be no single Muslim left in the world.
As the predominant religion in the world, Christianity outnumbered Islam 3 to 1.

But Christianity doesn't propagate violence.
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Nobody: 8:54am On Jul 26, 2013

strict is an athiest.

The above is your headache!!!

Mintayo:

Simple question: Is Christianity against self defence?

Mintayo:

The above still is your opinion and does not constitute proof.
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Nobody: 8:55am On Jul 26, 2013
FrostyZonn:

That's what striktlymi and his Muslim pack doesn't seem to grasp. If Christians decide to fight back in self defense, like the Muslims claim they are doing, there will be no single Muslim left in the world.
As the predominant religion in the world, Christianity outnumbered Islam 3 to 1.

But Christianity doesn't propagate violence.

Are you against the fight against Bokoharam?
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 26, 2013
striktlymi:

Christians are not waging physical war against anyone. Everything is done in a spiritual context. Waging war against terrorism is the work of the federal government, not a religious institution.
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Nobody: 9:02am On Jul 26, 2013
striktlymi must be either an atheist or a Muslim for trying to entrap Christianity. A real Christian will ever do such.

#Justsaying.
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 26, 2013
FrostyZonn:

Christians are not waging physical war against anyone. Everything is done in a spiritual context. Waging war against terrorism is the work of the federal government, not a religious institution.

I asked a very simple unambiguous question and you reply as if the question is more difficult than writing JAMB. The question again:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens : Obedience Must Be Total / Your Prayers As We Begin The "Ember" Months / We Have No Grudges Against Adeboye - Children Of Founder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.