Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,555 members, 7,837,130 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] (7976 Views)

8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. / Myths And Truths Of Atheism / Chinese Language Unmasks A Startling Discovery Of The Truths Of Genesis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by DandeNumeruno(m): 8:22am On Jul 25, 2013
That's one mean informative read. If your a Muslim, you can take this with a grain of salt. If you are Christian, then this post really served it's purpose of making you feel more secure in your faith.
As an Atheist myself, I can only be amused by the ruthless manner that whoever Penned this article used, to decimate Islam. and a lot of it make sense as well. I'm surprised no Muslim is really attacking this thread...or is it because like the Op said they have nothing to say?

Waiting.

3 Likes

Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Nobody: 8:38am On Jul 25, 2013
Dan_de_Numeruno: I'm surprised no Muslim is really attacking this thread...or is it because like the Op said they have nothing to say?

Waiting.

They are obviously running scared. The ones that bothered to say anything on the matter shouldn't have bothered at all, cuz they embarrassingly misrepresented!
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by PastorKun(m): 9:10am On Jul 25, 2013
Curlyjay: My brother, @O.P, i understand how the devil is playing with your heart now...if only you'd try learning Islam without bias rather than copying anti-islamic sites, then you'd know the truth which will of course set you free..

Why don't you analyse and tell us were and how the OP is wrong to enlighten us instead of appealing to sentiments and bringing the devil into this.

1 Like

Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 25, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Why don't you analyse and tell us were and how the OP is wrong to enlighten us instead of appealing to sentiments and bringing the devil into this.

Helep me askam, abeg.
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Mintayo(m): 9:47am On Jul 25, 2013
Very nice thread...but it will be so unfortunate if no muslim can refute this!
These are facts which anyone who really wants to knw the truth needs to consider!
I pray this thread last long enough !
https://www.nairaland.com/1367210/another-saudi-arabia-nairaland#16934942

1 Like

Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 25, 2013
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Nobody: 11:35am On Jul 25, 2013
FrostyZonn:

LoL! Someone hasn't being paying attention. Did you even bother to read anything before writing this crap, cuz if you had you would have seen this;

Now who looks dimwitted, heh?

Your whole point of argument(or in this case, attack) is based on a Misconstrued view which automatically renders it all invalid.

You are hilariousgrin grin
So sad.. she doesnt read anything without the word 'islam' in it.. thats why she didnt see your post

1 Like

Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 25, 2013
Misunderstood_G:
So sad.. she doesnt read anything without the word 'islam' in it.. thats why she didnt see your post

grin grin grin
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by PastorKun(m): 12:03pm On Jul 25, 2013
This thread ought to have been posted in the muslim section were you are sure to get more response if it survives the hangman's (maclatunji) noose.

1 Like

Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Yusmash00: 12:17pm On Jul 25, 2013
You lied against Allah, Muhammad, his Hadith, the Quran, and Islam because you want to write a bitter article. I pity you. You just tarnish your future not Islam.

1 Like

Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jul 25, 2013
Pastor Kun: This thread ought to have been posted in the muslim section were you are sure to get more response if it survives the hangman's (maclatunji) noose.

LoL! Why did you think that I chose to post it in this section instead.

It wouldn't have lasted an hour in the Muslim section, believe me!
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 25, 2013
Yusmash00: You lied against Allah, Muhammad, his Hadith, the Quran, and Islam because you want to write a bitter article. I pity you. You just tarnish your future not Islam.

Truth like they say is very bitter. If this write-up ruffled you as much as this, as to threaten my future, then there must be some iota of truths in it.

My future is already very prosperous, thank you very much!
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by alienvirus: 12:46pm On Jul 25, 2013
Hi all. Don't worry. The muslims will be back to throw back the equality of what you have thrown.

[size=80pt]WE ARE FASTING[/size]
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 25, 2013
Waiting...
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jul 25, 2013
I was reading a book in my dad's study and I found that 'allah' is the name of a god in mecca and Kabba its shrine. Mohammed conquered the place and related the name and the shrine to God so everyone there could easily follow

1 Like

Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jul 25, 2013
Yusmash00: You lied against Allah, Muhammad, his Hadith, the Quran, and Islam because you want to write a bitter article. I pity you. You just tarnish your future not Islam.
Is sura 9:29 not true?
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jul 25, 2013
alienvirus: Hi all. Don't worry. The muslims will be back to throw back the equality of what you have thrown.

FrostyZonn: Waiting...
alienvirus: Hi all. Don't worry. The muslims will be back to throw back the equality of what you have thrown.

Ramadan kareem. We are waiting
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jul 25, 2013
philip.adesola:
I was reading a book in my dad's study and I found that 'allah' is the name of a god in mecca and Kabba its shrine. Mohammed conquered the place and related the name and the shrine to God so everyone there could easily follow

Interesting.

Sounds like Muhammad alright. That shrewd war monger/tyrant was capable of anything during his time. So stories like your's that are linked to him doesn't surprise or shock me anymore.

1 Like

Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jul 25, 2013
philip.adesola:

Good question.
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by PastorKun(m): 1:23pm On Jul 25, 2013
philip.adesola:

What does sura 9:29 say?
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 25, 2013
Sura 9:29
Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not consider unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have made unlawful and who do not adopt the religion of truth from those who were given the Scripture - [fight] until they give the jizyah willingly while they are humbled.

The verse is practically screaming "Accept Islam or face the consequences!"
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by PastorKun(m): 1:45pm On Jul 25, 2013
FrostyZonn: Sura 9:29
Fight those who do not believe in Allah or in the Last Day and who do not consider unlawful what Allah and His Messenger have made unlawful and who do not adopt the religion of truth from those who were given the Scripture - [fight] until they give the jizyah willingly while they are humbled.

@Yusmash00
Would appreciate it if you or any other learned muslim can explain this verse for us better.

1 Like

Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jul 25, 2013
FrostyZonn: Sura 9:29

Some other interpretations even put Jews and Christians in bracket
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Bella3(f): 1:58pm On Jul 25, 2013
So no muslim can adress the op? Where is tbaba, justaqq etc
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jul 25, 2013
Bélla3: So no muslim can adress the op? Where is tbaba, justaqq etc

Believe me, there is nothing to address. The original author of this write-up didn't leave any loop-hole to exploit. It's a well rounded argument. Our learned Muslim brethrens understood this and thus, made themselves very scarce. grin
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jul 25, 2013
philip.adesola:

Some other interpretations even put Jews and Christians in bracket

I know.
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by hayubee(m): 3:14pm On Jul 25, 2013
Maasha Allah! Mr frosty u need to understand some certain things Muslim and Islam are two different word! With different meanings
Secondly u said jihad means holy war but it means striving in d cause of Allah. holy war in Arabic is qital!! Jihad means so many things I.e fasting, reciting d holy quran, patience, obedience to ones parent, hajj, war(if d un believers have prevent u from worshipping Allah) concerning d ayah u quoted reading something is one tin understanding it is another it means dawah!(invitation to Islam it holding talks lectures and so on)
U said Islam doesn't tolerate other religion did u no during the time d prophet Jews nd xtians and Muslims lived in makkah before they(I.e d non believers) broke the treaty! D prophet even allow Dem d meet and propagate dir deen!
Concerning dat of women u say Islam degrades Dem! Islamically women are exempted from working der husband is responsible 4 dir clothing and so on! " Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has made one of them to excel the other, and because they spend (to support them) from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient (to Allah and to their husbands), and guard in the husbands absence what Allah orders them to guard (e.g. their chastity, their husbands property, etc.). As to those women on whose part you see ill conduct, admonish them (first), (next), refuse to share their beds, (and last) beat them (lightly, if it is useful), but if they return to obedience, seek not against them means (of annoyance). Surely, Allah is Ever Most High, Most Great". Sarah: 4 v 34. D prophet stop d burying of daughters in makkah! Allows a woman to inherit from her fathers wealth!
Lastly Islam prohibits terrorism
Sucide bombing is haram! Killing of people unjustly is haram
D quran says: whosoever kills a person its as if he has kill d whole of humanity nd whosoever saves a persons life its as if he has saved humanity!", who so ever hurts an unbeliever has hurt me and who so ever hurts me has hurt Allah": the noble hadith! Any Muslim who kills an unbeliever unjustly is a munafiq and will receive d punishment stated above so al qeada, bh, hezboolah are all munafiq(hypocrite)

1 Like

Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 25, 2013
Finally, a reasonable argument from a good Muslim.

But know this, the extremist believes that they are the ones actually practicing the real Islam, and according to them, people like you are Munafiq. So which side should we non-Muslims believe?

Concerning the women, according to you Islam treasures them. Maybe it does a tad too much. In most of Islamic countries, women ain't allowed to drive a car or ride in the same public transportation occupied by men. If a women decide to go shopping she is required by law to go with a male relative or husband. How is that not oppression? In the course of rape, she must either keep her peace or prove the heinous act actually transpired with at least 5 relatives backing her up, or face the consequences. How is that not oppression, I ask you? Even your holy book urged you to give your wives a good beating just to keep them in line.

On the issue of tolerance, Islam remains the most intolerant religion in the world! Evidences around the world backs up my claim. In Saudi Arabia and Iran for example, there is not one single church or synagogue that is supported by their respective governments. Those Islamic nations are 100% Muslim nations because of this blatant religious bigotry. The list goes on and on...

Islam wasn't meant to co-exist with other religions, so please stop trying to tell us otherwise. Thank you!
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jul 25, 2013
FrostyZonn:
The Myth
Lesser educated Muslims sometimes claim that the root word of Islam is “al-Salaam,” which is “peace” in Arabic.

You want to know the meaning of 'Islam' and you go to "lesser educated Muslims"??
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jul 25, 2013
FrostyZonn: Islam Respects Women as Equals

The Myth
The Quran places men and women on equal foundation before Allah. Each person is judged according to his or her own deeds. Women have equal rights under Islamic law.

I will appreciate the source of the above myth.
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jul 25, 2013
FrostyZonn: Jihad Means 'Inner Struggle'

The Myth
Islam’s Western apologists sometimes claim that since the Arabic word, Jihad,literally means “fight” or “struggle,” it refers to an “inner struggle” rather than holy war.

Jihad goes beyond physical fighting...it cuts across so many things actually. Jihad is simply doing something for the cause of Allah.

It can be a physical fight which MUST be JUST and it can be an inner struggle...the bottom line is that it must be done for the cause of Allah and it MUST not go against any Muslim tenet.

If one fights an unjust war and calls it Jihad then that individual does not know what Jihad is.

1 Like

Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jul 25, 2013
striktlymi:

You want to know the meaning of 'Islam' and you go to "lesser educated Muslims"??

As apply to the majority of Nairaland Muslims noise makers, that are always insisting that Islam is synonymous with peace.
The uninitiated will be forgiven in thinking that most of them actually knew what they are talking about, not knowing that some of them are less educated in Islam. In other words they don't really know their Quran.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Do You Believe That Ghost Do Exist? Read My Experience. / Why Are People So Easy To Fool? You dare call Atheists FOOLs?! / "I don't believe in God, but I go to church"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.