Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,552 members, 7,837,117 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:19 PM

Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] (7975 Views)

8 false Teachings by Churches And The Biblical Truths Concerning them. / Myths And Truths Of Atheism / Chinese Language Unmasks A Startling Discovery Of The Truths Of Genesis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by mahdino: 11:12am On Jul 27, 2013
FrostyZonn: Islam and the “Golden Age” of Scientific Discovery

The Myth
Muslims often claim that their religion fostered a rich heritage of scientific discovery, “paving the way” for modern advances in technology and medicine. On this topic, they usually refer to the period between the 7th and 13th centuries, when Europe was experiencing its “Dark Ages” and the Muslim world was acquiring new populations and culture through violent conquest.

The Truth
Although there is no arguing that the Muslim world was relatively more advanced during this period than the “Christian” world, the reasons for this have absolutely nothing to do with the Islamic religion (other than its mandate for military expansion). In fact, the religion tends to discourages knowledge outside of itself, which is why the most prolific Muslim scholars are usually students of religion rather than science.
[Note that the country of Spain alone translates more learning material and literature into Spanish each year than the entire Arab world has translated into Arabic since the 9th century. As the Saudi Grand Mufti bluntly put it in 2010, "The Quran with its stories and knowledge are sufficient for us... we don't need the Torah, or Gospels, or any other book].

The many fundamentalists and other devotees who dress as Muhammad did and adopt 7th century lifestyles to some degree or another underscore the importance of tradition in Islam. The religion is highly conservative and resistant to change, which is viewed with suspicion. As scholar Bernard Lewis points out, in Islam an innovation is presumed to be bad unless it can be proven to be good.

Beyond this, there are four basic reasons why Islam has little true claim to scientific achievement:

-First, the Muslim world benefited greatly from the Greek sciences, which were translated for them by Christians and Jews. To their credit, Muslims did a better job of preserving Greek text than did the Europeans of the time, and this became the foundation for their own knowledge. (One large reason for this, however, was that access by Christians to this part of their world was cut off by Muslim slave ships and coastal raids that dominated the
Mediterranean during this period).

-Secondly, many of the scientific advances credited to Islam were actually “borrowed” from other culturesconquered by the Muslims. The algebraic concept of “zero”, for example, is erroneously attributed to Islam when, in fact, it was a Hindu discovery that was merely introduced to the West by Muslims. In truth, conquered populations contributed greatly to the history of “Muslim science” until gradually being decimated by conversion to Islam (under the pressures of dhimmitude).

The Muslim concentration within a population is proportional to the decline of scientific achievement. It is no accident that the Muslim world has had little to show for itself in the last 800 years or so, since running out of new civilizations to cannibalize.

-Third, even accomplished Muslim scientists and cultural icons were often considered heretics in their day, sometimes with good reason. One of the greatest achievers to come out of the Muslim world was the Persian scientist and philosopher, al-Razi. His impressive works are often held up today as “proof” of Muslim accomplishment. But what the apologists often leave out is that al-Razi was denounced as a blasphemer, since he followed his own religious beliefs – which were in obvious contradiction to traditional Islam.

-Fourth, even the contributions that are
attributed to Islam (often inaccurately) are not terribly dramatic. There is the invention of certain words, such as alchemy and elixir (and assassin, by the way), but not much else that survives in modern technology which is of practical significance. Neither is there any reason to believe that such discoveries would not have easily been made by the West following the cultural awakening triggered by the Reformation.

As an example, consider that Muslims claim credit for "inventing" coffee - in the sense that they popularized an existing discovery by Africans who were caught up in the Arab slave trade. However, it is also true that the red dye used in many food products, from cranberry juice to candy, comes from the abdomen of a particular female beetle found in South America. It is extremely unlikely that the West would not have stumbled across coffee by now (although, to be fair, coffee probably expedited subsequent discoveries).
In fact, the litany of “Muslim” achievement often takes the form of rhapsody, in which the true origins of these discoveries are omitted - along with their comparative significance to Western achievement. One often doesn't hear about the dismal fate of original accomplishments either. Those who brag about the great observatory of Taqi al-Din in [freshly conquered] Istanbul, for example, often neglect to mention that it was quickly destroyed by the caliphate.

At the end of the day, the record of scientific, medical and technological accomplishment is not something over which Muslim apologists want to get into a contest with the Christian world. Today’s Islamic innovators are primarily
known for turning Western technology,
such as cell phones and airplanes, into
instruments of mass murder.

To sum up, although the Islamic religion is not entirely hostile to science, neither should it be confused as a facilitator. The great achievements that are said to have come out of the Islamic world were made either by non- Muslims who happened to be under Islamic rule, or by heretics who usually had little interest in Islam. Scientific discovery tapers off dramatically as. Islam asserts dominance, until it eventually peters out altogether.

Pls read this write up it answers some of your allegattions try browse the link

LagosShia: [size=18pt]Muslim Nobel Prize Winners[/size]

Nobel Prizes are somehow among the very few annual events that I anxiously wait for. In days leading up the Nobel prizes I read about the nominations, and then follow diligently as the prizes are announced. In some ways it is a habit I picked up while in school, but in other ways, it has become a way for me to find some encouragement that despite all the problems that plague the world today (such as oppression, terrorism, extremism, war, etc), sincere efforts of a few are indeed leading to progress, growth and positive development. developments in humanity’s evolution. I find worldwide recognition of glorious advances made in physical, natural or social sciences as evidence that humanity is finding ways to improve itself and become a better collective self.

My thesis advisor for the Ph.D. was a Nobel laureate (Mario Molina, 1995), and if I had not spent 5+ years day and night working right by his side, I would have continued to think of Nobel laureates as some super-humans that ordinary people like myself would never get to know, understand or meet. But now that is not the case. While I have utmost respect for Nobel laureates, and remain in awe of their inspiring and amazing achievements, I am also able to see them as mere human beings who have been able to make a difference in their fields by applying their intelligence, determination and creativity. They are ordinary human beings whose work has made the world a better place.

Muslims, unfortunately, have not been recipients of many Nobel prizes. Is it because our greatest academic achievements were made before Alfred Nobel decided to donate his money for the international awards? Ibn Khaldoum, Al-Khwarizmi, Ibn-Sina, Al-Biruni etc are all ancient names, sometimes only remembered fondly because the names sound mysterious, and sometimes only when their names are seen on history walls in museums. Despite the achievements by these great people, it is often surprising ad embarrassing how few Muslim students have any idea what they accomplished. That ignorance speaks volumes for how our societies have come to value advances in academia (and sciences in particular).

But that trend of Muslims not winning Nobel prizes may be changing. Among Muslims, the name that stands out for me is of course that of Abdus-Salam (also see my post here). He was a Pakistani muslim, who won the Nobel prize in Physics in 1979. However, how sad that internal squabbles within Islam in Pakistan prevented him from ever really getting the recognition he deserved in the Muslim world.

Arabs have had some success in getting to the Nobel Prize pedestal. As a chemist, I am of-course reminded of fellow physical chemist Ahmed Zewail, a Nobel laureate in chemistry (1997). Another name that I have been recently introduced to is of Naguib Mahfouz, a Nobel laureate in literature from Egypt (1988). Eteraz correectly state son his blog that perhaps Muhammad Iqbal was the only other person who came very close to receiving this price (back in the 1940s).

This year has brought a second Nobel prize in literature to the Muslim world. This year’s prize went to Orhan Pamuk, a Turkish novelist who has often been criticized in his home country for highlighting the genocide of the Armenians in the 1st world war period (under the Ottoman empire).

Muslims have received the Nobel Peace prize as well. Shirin Ebadi, an Iranian human rights activist, won the Nobel Peace prize in 2003. She was the first Muslim woman to win the Nobel prize. And today Muslims scored one more. Muhammad Yunus of Bangladesh and his Grameen Bank received the Nobel peace prize for creating microfinance institutions and for economic empowerment & development of the very poor in rural communities. One more person, waiting in line, is Abdus Sattar Edhi, the Mother Teresa of Pakistan. Us Pakistanis keep waiting.

http://bznotes./2006/10/13/muslim-nobel-prize-winners/
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Nobody: 11:16am On Jul 27, 2013
[quote author=mahdino][/quote]
SMH!! Another ignorant muslim claiming CHRIST was muslim

1 Like

Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Nobody: 11:20am On Jul 27, 2013
mahdino:

Read your bible and see what Jesus said to his diciples in Luke he said" he who has no sword should sell his garments and buy one".

Let me give another quotation from the new testament jesus said I quote "for those my enemies who do not want me to rule over them bring them here and cut off their heads in front of me"
You claim Jesus was a muslim right So the Muslim Jesus said this... Another evidence of violence.
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by mahdino: 11:30am On Jul 27, 2013
alexis: mahdino

Another brain-washed malu hypnotized with 7th century Arabian way of thinking. So Jesus told him to buy a sword - then what? Where in the Bible did you read Jesus killed anyone? When you are in a public forum, learn to quote your reference so others can follow your line of thought

Let me give another quotation from the new testament jesus said I quote "for those my enemies who do not want me to rule over them bring them here and cut off their heads in front of me"

Really, did you take time to read the parable Jesus was talking about? For your reference, the quote you mentioned is in Luke 19:27. Jesus used parables to explain concepts when he taught people and he did the same here:

Luke 19:

[b]11 And as they heard these things, he added and [size=15pt]spake a parable[/size], because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear.

12 He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return.

13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.

14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us.

15 And it came to pass, that when he was returned, having received the kingdom, then he commanded these servants to be called unto him, to whom he had given the money, that he might know how much every man had gained by trading.

16 Then came the first, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained ten pounds.

17 And he said unto him, Well, thou good servant: because thou hast been faithful in a very little, have thou authority over ten cities.

18 And the second came, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained five pounds.

19 And he said likewise to him, Be thou also over five cities.

20 And another came, saying, Lord, behold, here is thy pound, which I have kept laid up in a napkin:

21 For I feared thee, because thou art an austere man: thou takest up that thou layedst not down, and reapest that thou didst not sow.

22 And he saith unto him, Out of thine own mouth will I judge thee, thou wicked servant. Thou knewest that I was an austere man, taking up that I laid not down, and reaping that I did not sow:

23 Wherefore then gavest not thou my money into the bank, that at my coming I might have required mine own with usury?

24 And he said unto them that stood by, Take from him the pound, and give it to him that hath ten pounds.

25 (And they said unto him, Lord, he hath ten pounds.)

26 For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him.

27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.[/b]

Next time, learn to research before you display your ignorance publicly. Jesus never taught violence, never encouraged it and never killed anyone.

Thank u for giving us the refrence that indeed I did not misquote. Jesus reall said for those my enemies who do not want me to rule over them bring them here and cut off their heads.
The point I am trying to make is the words are there in the bible u can say defensive or out of context but it is there. Why not reason with us too with the Quran u quote out of context.
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by vedaxcool(m): 11:47am On Jul 27, 2013
grin grin grin
Striklyme is now an atheist simply because he refuse to follow the path of bigotry and raw fanaticism the op nd his henchmen have taken.
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Nobody: 11:49am On Jul 27, 2013
alexis: striktlymi

Sure, will do

Okay, cool!

alexis:
Who attacked him before he robbed caravans?

The Quraysh!!!

alexis:
Dishonest that not all the battles Mohammed and muslims involved in were strictly defensive

I have provided evidence to back up my claims but you on the other hand have made claims without backing them up.
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Nobody: 11:54am On Jul 27, 2013
alexis:

You are still yet to answer it

Why would I provide an answer to a comment I did not make?

This is very funny! You made a comment I NEVER made and you are asking me to answer it when the comment is YOURS
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by alexis(m): 11:59am On Jul 27, 2013
mahdino:

Thank u for giving us the refrence that indeed I did not misquote. Jesus reall said for those my enemies who do not want me to rule over them bring them here and cut off their heads.
The point I am trying to make is the words are there in the bible u can say defensive or out of context but it is there. Why not reason with us too with the Quran u quote out of context.

Listen, it's not a matter of listening to you or to me or to anyone. Your first line of defense was to prove Jesus committed violence just like Mohammed. The reason you did that was to justify that even though Mohammed committed violence, Jesus did as well. You brought your claim, and we addressed it. If you want to prove Jesus committed violence - show me anywhere in your Quran or in the Bible where he killed anyone.

Listen, you didn't do justice to the chapter and verse from the Bible you quoted. If you had said, that violence was used in the Bible, I will agree - there are many wars and killings in the Bible - no one can deny that. The issue is the motive of the war. Cain killed Abel - it was murder and the motive was because he was jealous. King David was a warrior, he fought many battles and did kill his enemies. I am not saying muslims don't have the right to defend themselves. I ADVOCATE that anyone can and should defend themselves.

However, boko haram is not defending itself when it blow up churches. Ansaru wasn't protecting itself when it killed those foreigners. Mohammed wasn't protecting himself when he be-headed over 900 men after they surrendered to him
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by mahdino: 12:02pm On Jul 27, 2013
Misunderstood_G:
SMH!! Another ignorant muslim claiming CHRIST was muslim

The most important thing to note is the meaning of a muslim. A muslim is a person that submit his will to God, In Arab is called a muslim. Jesus submitted his will to God in the garden of gatsme he said not my will but ur will.
Now who is ignorant is me or the person that does not no the meaning of a muslim.

1 Like

Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by alexis(m): 12:08pm On Jul 27, 2013
mahdino:

The most important thing to note is the meaning of a muslim. A muslim is a person that submit his will to God, In Arab is called a muslim. Jesus submitted his will to God in the garden of gatsme he said not my will but ur will.
Now who is ignorant is me or the person that does not no the meaning of a muslim.

Stop confusing yourself. You are a muslim if you say the Shahada "There is no god but allah and mohammed is his messenger". That is what makes you a muslim. Jesus never said that. He couldn't because Jesus lived 600 years before Mohammed. So, your claim that Jesus was/is a muslim is baseless smiley

1 Like

Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by mahdino: 12:14pm On Jul 27, 2013
alexis:

Listen, it's not a matter of listening to you or to me or to anyone. Your first line of defense was to prove Jesus committed violence just like Mohammed. The reason you did that was to justify that even though Mohammed committed violence, Jesus did as well. You brought your claim, and we addressed it. If you want to prove Jesus committed violence - show me anywhere in your Quran or in the Bible where he killed anyone.

Listen, you didn't do justice to the chapter and verse from the Bible you quoted. If you had said, that violence was used in the Bible, I will agree - there are many wars and killings in the Bible - no one can deny that. The issue is the motive of the war. Cain killed Abel - it was murder and the motive was because he was jealous. King David was a warrior, he fought many battles and did kill his enemies. I am not saying muslims don't have the right to defend themselves. I ADVOCATE that anyone can and should defend themselves.

However, boko haram is not defending itself when it blow up churches. Ansaru wasn't protecting itself when it killed those foreigners. Mohammed wasn't protecting himself when he be-headed over 900 men after they surrendered to him

You see this is a sickness, when ever someone brings a point u say no it is not this but that. If u want to Judge a religion don't judge them by what some people do Judge them from their authentic book, show me in the Quran where it said u can kill innocent people don't talk about boko haram, ansaru or ur concocted and oriented hadiths. Show me a quotation of the quran or the authentic hadiths.

1 Like

Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jul 27, 2013
alexis: striktlymi

Now, you have to be honest. You said muslims fight in self defense and fight their known enemies. My question is - are Shias and Sunnis enemies? Don't they belong to the same house in Islam?

You seem not to understand my posts. There is a difference between these comments:

Comment 1:

"Muhammad or the Quran admonishes Muslims to fight those who fight against them"

Comment 2:

"Muslims fight in self defence and fight their known enemies"

The first comment is what I have said so far. The second comment is YOURS not mine.

Muslims are meant to follow the teachings of Muhammad as depicted in the Quran and the Hadith I believe. If a Muslim decides to go against the teachings of Muhammad, that's a different thing entirely.

Some Christians have been known to apply scriptures wrongly, this does not make what they do part of the teachings of Christianity. Hence, if someone wants to criticise Christianity he should critique the teachings of Christ and not the individual Christian that does wrong.

In the same way, if we say Muslims are encouraged to be violent then our reference point is not the individual Muslim that does wrong but Muhammad who is the Teacher.

I have reviewed the teachings of Muhammad as it pertains to the act of war and violence to others. My finding is that Muhammad did not teach his followers to fight a 'war of blame' and that is why he made it clear that they should fight against those who fight them.

alexis:
Bros, the context can be gotten from the Hadith, you don't have to play the Islamic scholar game. Mohammed was clear on what he meant:

Bukhari (52:177) - Allah's Apostle said, "The Hour will not be established until you fight with the Jews, and the stone behind which a Jew will be hiding will say. "O Muslim! There is a Jew hiding behind me, so kill him."

Bukhari (52:256) - The Prophet... was asked whether it was permissible to attack the pagan warriors at night with the probability of exposing their women and children to danger. The Prophet replied, "They (i.e. women and children) are from them (i.e. pagans)."

Bukhari (8:387) - Allah's Apostle said, "I have been ordered to fight the people till they say: 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah'. And if they say so, pray like our prayers, face our Qibla and slaughter as we slaughter, then their blood and property will be sacred to us and we will not interfere with them except legally."

Please tell us from the Hadith I posted where Mohammed is acting in self defense?

Lol!!!

Do you mean the Islamic scholar game that you are also playing? I do not pretend to be an Islamic scholar, all I have done so far is try to review the evidence against Islam objectively. And my objective opinion is that Muhammad, the Quran and the Hadith as it relates to the accusations of violence of Islam (as far as this thread is concerned) is greatly misunderstood and misrepresented.

For the Hadith you quoted, I have already explained this a number of times. That was at a time of war, I don't expect one who is defending himself to talk lightly of an aggressor.

It's just like going to the North to shake hands with Bokoharam when they are busy killing people. The military went there and gave them a dose of their medicine and I am sure you are happy about it. Would it then be right to say that you promote violence because you are happy about it?
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 27, 2013
alexis:

Around AD 49, a council convened in Jerusalem to decide the matter of whether Gentile converts to Christianity needed to undergo circumcision in order to be accepted into full fellowship. The decision was a difficult one to make, and early Church leaders found themselves at the crossroads of Jewish culture and Christian doctrine. When the council issued its decision, it forever changed the landscape of Christianity and created a divide that would later threaten to fracture Christianity. Ephesians, and to a lesser extent Colossians, documents some of the concerns and issues associated with that decision.

Here, Paul was referring to God as the Father to both Jews and Christians because we believe in Him. A muslim doesn't believe in the Christian God, how can He be a Father to Him? I don't believe in Allah, how can he be a father to me?

You are the one trying to interpret the words of Paul. Paul did not say, God is the Father of Jews and Christians. He said God is the Father of ALL.
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by alexis(m): 12:40pm On Jul 27, 2013
striktlymi:

You are the one trying to interpret the words of Paul. Paul did not say, God is the Father of Jews and Christians. He said God is the Father of ALL.

Whether you believe it or not is your problem - the author made it clear who he was speaking to.

1 Like

Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jul 27, 2013
alexis:

Whether you believe it or not is your problem - the author made it clear who he was speaking to.

I believe that problem is YOURS!!!

I aint the one making accusations!!!
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by mahdino: 1:16pm On Jul 27, 2013
alexis:

Stop confusing yourself. You are a muslim if you say the Shahada "There is no god but allah and mohammed is his messenger". That is what makes you a muslim. Jesus never said that. He couldn't because Jesus lived 600 years before Mohammed. So, your claim that Jesus was/is a muslim is baseless smiley

Brother I am not trying to attack u or say anything absurd, we can't just be arguing we have to reason.
God sees through ur mind. There is no way Jesus could have said Mohammad rasulullah, that to tesify at that time that Mohammad is the messenger because it was not yet time for Mohammad @ that time its" There is no god but Allah and Isa (Jesus) the messenger of God" now check John 17 :3 if u translate it to Arabic it is. Laila ha ila llah isa rasulullah. @ the time of Noah he was the way to God @ the time of Abraham he was the way @ the time of Moses he was the way @ the time of Jesus he was the way this is the time of Mohammad (saw spirit of truth, comforter) he is the way.

So they preached same thing worship God alone and submit thierselves to God one word for that in Arabic is Muslims.
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by shuddyy: 1:24pm On Jul 27, 2013
@striklymi. Sir if your parent are still alive pls they should know they have got a worthy son in you to be proud of. You have actually defined what religion should be all about....its not about blind loyalty but understanding and being objective.

I really wish I can learn more about your philosophy of life!
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by alexis(m): 6:03pm On Jul 27, 2013
striktlymi:

I believe that problem is YOURS!!!

I aint the one making accusations!!!

You can believe anything. Let us get back to the topic - the Myths and Truths of Islam
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by alexis(m): 6:05pm On Jul 27, 2013
mahdino:

Brother I am not trying to attack u or say anything absurd, we can't just be arguing we have to reason.
God sees through ur mind. There is no way Jesus could have said Mohammad rasulullah, that to tesify at that time that Mohammad is the messenger because it was not yet time for Mohammad @ that time its" There is no god but Allah and Isa (Jesus) the messenger of God" now check John 17 :3 if u translate it to Arabic it is. Laila ha ila llah isa rasulullah. @ the time of Noah he was the way to God @ the time of Abraham he was the way @ the time of Moses he was the way @ the time of Jesus he was the way this is the time of Mohammad (saw spirit of truth, comforter) he is the way.

So they preached same thing worship God alone and submit thierselves to God one word for that in Arabic is Muslims.

Cha!, see confusion. How can someone believe in something that never existed? Again, I ask you - what makes one a muslim?
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 27, 2013
shuddyy: @striklymi. Sir if your parent are still alive pls they should know they have got a worthy son in you to be proud of. You have actually defined what religion should be all about....its not about blind loyalty but understanding and being objective.

I really wish I can learn more about your philosophy of life!

Hi Shuddy,

Hmmmm...

I wouldn't say I have a 'philosophy of life' so to speak but I try to be me the best way I can...It is not easy to maintain one's objectivity when one has a number of reasons to be biased but if one wants to be on the side of TRUTH then he will have very little option but to say it as it is...

To be frank, I don't really agree with a number of teachings in Islam and considering that my Uncle was killed by Bokoharam in the recent past, I would say I have every reason to be biased against Islam, but would this bias bring about any good? In my view, No good can come out of it.

Like I said, I have reviewed some of the teachings a number of people are against in Islam and I have come to the conclusion that a number of them are greatly misunderstood. Especially as it pertains to the ish of violence.
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 27, 2013
S
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by mahdino: 9:49pm On Jul 27, 2013
alexis:

Cha!, see confusion. How can someone believe in something that never existed? Again, I ask you - what makes one a muslim?

What makes one a muslim is to believe in one God and the messenger of that time
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by aurenflani: 10:03pm On Jul 27, 2013
alexis:

Neither was Hitler, Mussolini or his Vatican friends; the danish cartoonist, the klu Klan and countless number of christianism slave masters as well as the Norwegian genocidal Christian mass murderer acted to defend christianism from Muslims undecided

1 Like

Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by alexis(m): 7:06am On Jul 28, 2013
mahdino:

What makes one a muslim is to believe in one God and the messenger of that time

Stop lying, that is not what the Shahada said. Islam claimed Adam was the first muslim - so what prophet did Adam believe in? You guys keep going around in circles and shooting yourself in the foot. Jesus Christ of Nazareth was a Jew, Islam didn't exist during his time - claiming He was a muslim is tantamount to claiming that all jews were muslims and that is NOT TRUE

1 Like

Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by alexis(m): 7:12am On Jul 28, 2013
aurenflani:

Neither was Hitler, Mussolini or his Vatican friends; the danish cartoonist, the klu Klan and countless number of christianism slave masters as well as the Norwegian genocidal Christian mass murderer acted to defend christianism from Muslims undecided

Yippie Skippie - another blind Islamic advocate - you ignored my question abi. Please show me where Jesus killed anyone? The difference between Christians committing act of violence is in clear contradiction and disobedience to Jesus teaching compared to muslims that have a legitimate basis for violence has taught in the Quran and practiced by it's prophet.

You close your eyes to muslims killing themselves in Syria and Iraq. Sunnis are slaughtering Shias everyday in Iraq - you leave all that yet you see Mussolini and Hitler. Cha, mumu-ness is not good oh!.

2 Likes

Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by nnofaith: 10:47am On Jul 28, 2013
The xtians will not verify the evidence from the muslims that xtianity is a false religion.
The muslims will not consider the evidence from the xtians that islam is hogwash.

We the atheist just look from the sideline and laugh at the stupidity of both camps!
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Mintayo(m): 12:35pm On Jul 28, 2013
alexis:

Yippie Skippie - another blind Islamic advocate - you ignored my question abi. Please show me where Jesus killed anyone? The difference between Christians committing act of violence is in clear contradiction and disobedience to Jesus teaching compared to muslims that have a legitimate basis for violence has taught in the Quran and practiced by it's prophet.

You close your eyes to muslims killing themselves in Syria and Iraq. Sunnis are slaughtering Shias everyday in Iraq - you leave all that yet you see Mussolini and Hitler. Cha, mumu-ness is not good oh!.

they actually fail to understnd der is nothing similar btw Jesus and mohammed,no connection at all.
Nobody can kill for the Almighty God bt anybody can use d name of God to do anything.
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by nnofaith: 5:04pm On Jul 28, 2013
Mintayo:

they actually fail to understnd der is nothing similar btw Jesus and mohammed,no connection at all.
Nobody can kill for the Almighty God bt anybody can use d name of God to do anything.
like mohammed did right?!
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Akanniade(m): 7:40pm On Jul 28, 2013
Could the muslim apologists kindly address the point raised in original article about african slave population thriving in the americas after abolution in contrast to middle east where there is no significant black population.
I am appalled by the possibilty it was due to routine castration of black men. If indeed islam was anti slavery, were there no voice of reason like xtainity had in William Wilberforce.
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 28, 2013
mahdino:

Which God? Allah or Yahweh?
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Mintayo(m): 8:22pm On Jul 28, 2013
nnofaith: like mohammed did right?!

He did dt not in d name of d true God bt his idol god...u cnt do evil in d name of d Almighty God...God wnt ask u to kill in His name...nobody wants mohammed's religion,so he had to force it down ppl's throat..that is nt Almighty God.
Re: Myths And Truths Of Islam[An Exposé] by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jul 28, 2013
mahdino:

How can it be the time of Muhammed Is he not dead??

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Day Of Judgement. / At Last! – Tb Joshua Speaks On Boko Haram / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.