Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation (19427 Views)

Why We Change Our Position On Buhari. Ex-millitant / Legal Position On Buhari's Educational Qualifications / Atiku Abubakar On Child Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jul 25, 2013
akthedream: The prophet never married a child,unless u are telling me that a girl of age between age 17-21 is a child as opposed to the nonsense 6-9 years u guys lie about.Afterall,it is a fact that Joseph was 90yrs old when he married Mary,the so called mother of your god at age 12...Are u now telling me that ur so called god came to this world illegally
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jul 25, 2013
[quote author=akthedream][/quote]

So aisha the child wife of the prophet mo was a bloody liar
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jul 25, 2013
Narrated 'Aisha: I used to play with the dolls in the presence of the Prophet, and my girl friends also used to play with me. When Allah's Apostle used to enter they used to hide themselves, but the Prophet would call them to join and play with me. (The playing with the dolls and similar images is forbidden, but it was allowed for 'Aisha at that time, as she was a little girl, not yet reached the age of puberty.) (Fateh-al-Bari page 143, Vol.13)
Sahih Bukhari 8:73:151

“My mother came to me while I was being swung on a swing between two branches and got me down. My nurse took over and wiped my face with some water and started leading me. When I was at the door she stopped so I could catch my breath. I was brought in while Muhammad was sitting on a bed in our house. My mother made me sit on his lap. The other men and women got up and left. The Prophet consummated his marriage with me in my house when I was nine years old. Neither a camel nor a sheep was slaughtered on behalf of me.”
Al-Tabari, Vol. 9, p. 131

Narrated Aisha: "The Prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six (years). We went to Medina and stayed at the home of Bani-al-Harith bin Khazraj. Then I got ill and my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and my mother, Um Ruman, came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my girl friends. She called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me. She caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house. I was breathless then, and when my breathing became Alright, she took some water and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the house. There in the house I saw some Ansari women who said, "Best wishes and Allah's Blessing and a good luck." Then she entrusted me to them and they prepared me (for the marriage). Unexpectedly Allah's Apostle came to me in the forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a girl of nine years of age.
Sahih Bukhari 5:58:234

Narrated Hisham's father: Khadija died three years before the Prophet departed to Medina. He stayed there for two years or so and then he married 'Aisha when she was a girl of six years of age, and he consumed (sic – consummated) that marriage when she was nine years old.
Sahih Bukhari 5:58:236

1 Like

Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by debbleopto: 7:40pm On Jul 25, 2013
babyosisi:

Tolerance for a chance to molest underaged girls?
These folks are a bunch of jokers

And it had to be a Yoruba Muslim to do this dirty work
Shame on you all and your dirty religious practices

Why should a moor marry?
When you recognize one one as a minor,doesn't that mean they are below the age if reasoning and consent.
Eediots
Mohammed your prophet married a wife at 6 yrs,played with her accirdng to her own words till she reached 9 and consummated the marriage at 9.so her own puberty was at 9an that is Ok?
God punish you all and grant you the hottest chambers of hell for harming children,excusing and justifying it under whatever guise.

Absolute nonsense
Untouched indeed because there us a Muslim gauge that stops a man from sleeping with one one he calls his wife
A child is a child and cannot consent to SE,x
How hard is that to understand.stop marrying them and find you women to marry
Puberty is sometime sat 8 or 9,is tat ripe enough
Perverts.

After she has been prodded and probed and perused and deflowered
Will you give her vrginity and innocent back?
Eediots.

The stoopidity of the century
Does one ill cancel out another
Please tell me one single religion or locality in Nigeria that sanctions child prostitution
Always reasoning through your nyashes

Homosexuals and lesbians are adults
Childern of 6 belong in school and their parents houses not marrying off baby girls and sending the boys to do Almajiri
Barbaric people

Why did Gd put us in the same country with these shameless perverts

babyosisi. it is not IED you are using but nuclear bomb. be careful that. they do not mistake ur name to be a baby who Don become sisi ( Susie )
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by kobonaire(m): 7:40pm On Jul 25, 2013
muteeu: ... By the way, the minimum marriage age for females popularly lies btw 16-21 around d world. However several countries still permit it for as low as 13 years! Lets just focus North America alone. Let me just tell u how many states in the North America alone permit, under one condition or the other, a girl of as young as 13 years of age to get a MARRIAGE license:...
Absolutely FALSE. Since you have mentioned USA provide us a link showing us how you arrive at such an outrageously wrong conclusion!

akthedream: Really?You remove the ''K'' in your user name and tell your pastor to pronounce it to his congregation.
ok that will be "obonaire" ?? I don't get it?? Perhaps you need to teach me your local dialect or am I missing something? Also my post was agnostic and about humanity.I don't have interactions with pastors.
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 25, 2013
debbleopto:

babyosisi. it is not IED you are using but nuclear bomb. be careful that. they do not mistake ur name to be a baby who Don become sisi ( Susie )

Well this baby is neither 6 nor 9

2 Likes

Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 25, 2013
debbleopto:

Well this baby is neither 6 nor 9
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by oluwafemi113(m): 7:45pm On Jul 25, 2013
I'm A Muslim, Islam Is Perfect But,I'm Not..If I Make Mistakes, Please Blame It On Me, Not On My Religion..Islam Is A Religion Of Peace, Perfection And Equality
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by enny5: 7:47pm On Jul 25, 2013
gibsonpally:

Your level is also low! Ishaq Akintola the spokesman for Islamic Organisation is hardly a northerner! Take out tribal bigotry in your comments and we will have a better Nigeria

Ok oo if u say so. But please educated one, can you please educate me on the group of people in Nigeria that usually marry their children of at a young age? Please. I dont really know.
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by Ruthia(f): 7:49pm On Jul 25, 2013
babyosisi: Narrated 'Aisha: I used to play with the dolls in the presence of the Prophet, and my girl friends also used to play with me. When Allah's Apostle used to enter they used to hide themselves, but the Prophet would call them to join and play with me. (The playing with the dolls and similar images is forbidden, but it was allowed for 'Aisha at that time, as she was a little girl, not yet reached the age of puberty.) (Fateh-al-Bari page 143, Vol.13)
Sahih Bukhari 8:73:151

“My mother came to me while I was being swung on a swing between two branches and got me down. My nurse took over and wiped my face with some water and started leading me. When I was at the door she stopped so I could catch my breath. I was brought in while Muhammad was sitting on a bed in our house. My mother made me sit on his lap. The other men and women got up and left. The Prophet consummated his marriage with me in my house when I was nine years old. Neither a camel nor a sheep was slaughtered on behalf of me.”
Al-Tabari, Vol. 9, p. 131

Narrated Aisha: "The Prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six (years). We went to Medina and stayed at the home of Bani-al-Harith bin Khazraj. Then I got ill and my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and my mother, Um Ruman, came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my girl friends. She called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me. She caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house. I was breathless then, and when my breathing became Alright, she took some water and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the house. There in the house I saw some Ansari women who said, "Best wishes and Allah's Blessing and a good luck." Then she entrusted me to them and they prepared me (for the marriage). Unexpectedly Allah's Apostle came to me in the forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a girl of nine years of age.
Sahih Bukhari 5:58:234

Narrated Hisham's father: Khadija died three years before the Prophet departed to Medina. He stayed there for two years or so and then he married 'Aisha when she was a girl of six years of age, and he consumed (sic – consummated) that marriage when she was nine years old.
Sahih Bukhari 5:58:236

imagine de rubbish de rel
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jul 25, 2013
babyosisi:

Tolerance for a chance to molest underaged girls?
These folks are a bunch of jokers

And it had to be a Yoruba Muslim to do this dirty work
Shame on you all and your dirty religious practices

Why should a moor marry?
When you recognize one one as a minor,doesn't that mean they are below the age if reasoning and consent.
Eediots
Mohammed your prophet married a wife at 6 yrs,played with her accirdng to her own words till she reached 9 and consummated the marriage at 9.so her own puberty was at 9an that is Ok?
God punish you all and grant you the hottest chambers of hell for harming children,excusing and justifying it under whatever guise.

Absolute nonsense
Untouched indeed because there us a Muslim gauge that stops a man from sleeping with one one he calls his wife
A child is a child and cannot consent to SE,x
How hard is that to understand.stop marrying them and find you women to marry
Puberty is sometime sat 8 or 9,is tat ripe enough
Perverts.

After she has been prodded and probed and perused and deflowered
Will you give her vrginity and innocent back?
Eediots.

The stoopidity of the century
Does one ill cancel out another
Please tell me one single religion or locality in Nigeria that sanctions child prostitution
Always reasoning through your nyashes

Homosexuals and lesbians are adults
Childern of 6 belong in school and their parents houses not marrying off baby girls and sending the boys to do Almajiri
Barbaric people

Why did God put us in the same country with these shameless perverts
You are always on every thread telling all kind of lie to the gullible as if you know all.Are u married?If yes,Do u really have for ur family?If u belief that Prophet muhammed was married to a 6/9 yr. old girl,you can as well believe that JESUS CHRIST your god was a GAY..and that he was in a RELATIONSHIP with one certain MARY(not his mum) while still in this world..Whenever u guys tell lies against Prophet Muhammed,always remember that there are millions of people doing the same with you so call child of god or god depending on what u believe as a christain..okay?
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by debbleopto: 7:55pm On Jul 25, 2013
babyosisi:

Well tis baby is neither 6 nor 9

correct and thumb up. because some of them when they hear baby, the next thinking is mmmarriage. they want to collect the baton from the forerunner.
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by Ruthia(f): 7:56pm On Jul 25, 2013
akthedream: You are always on every thread telling all kind of lie to the gullible as if you know all.Are u married?If yes,Do u really have for ur family?If u belief that Prophet muhammed was married to a 6/9 yr. old girl,you can as well believe that JESUS CHRIST your god was a GAY..and that he was in a RELATIONSHIP with one certain MARY(not his mum) while still in this world..Whenever u guys tell lies against Prophet Muhammed,always remember that there are millions of people doing the same with you so call child of god or god depending on what u believe as a christain..okay?
honestly u ve to wake up 4rm ur slumber! I can give u quotes from ur quran wer u can find wer ur profet married aisha at 9, can u please show me quotes? Haaaaa b careful o
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by luvmijeje(f): 7:57pm On Jul 25, 2013
freecocoa: Story.

Do these children marry boys within the same age grade with them? Abi old men marry small children come dey give excuse of waiting for them to attain puberty before molesting them, mscheew.

If you are 50 and marrying a girl of 15, you are a criminal and should be arrested, shikena.
Sefini!
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jul 25, 2013
oluwafemi113: I'm A Muslim, Islam Is Perfect But,I'm Not..If I Make Mistakes, Please Blame It On Me, Not On My Religion..Islam Is A Religion Of Peace, Perfection And Equality

Ok.

who told you this?
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jul 25, 2013
Ruthia: imagine de rubbish de rel
Dear Ruth,pls dont listen to that devil incanate called babyosis.That write up is a fraud.There are many i have read about Jesus being a GAY and was in a relationship before he left this world,does that mean that they are right.
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by Nobody: 8:02pm On Jul 25, 2013
Ruthia: honestly u ve to wake up 4rm ur slumber! I can give u quotes from ur quran wer u can find wer ur profet married aisha at 9, can u please show me quotes? Haaaaa b careful o
I beg u in the name of the God u serve,pls point out that verse.I will be very disappointed in u if u cant..am waiting for ur reply Ruthia.
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by debbleopto: 8:06pm On Jul 25, 2013
akthedream: You are always on every thread telling all kind of lie to the gullible as if you know all.Are u married?If yes,Do u really have for ur family?If u belief that Prophet muhammed was married to a 6/9 yr. old girl,you can as well believe that JESUS CHRIST your god was a GAY..and that he was in a RELATIONSHIP with one certain MARY(not his mum) while still in this world..Whenever u guys tell lies against Prophet Muhammed,always remember that there are millions of people doing the same with you so call child of god or god depending on what u believe as a christain..okay?

you see the truth is never afraid of any accusation because truth is light. but falsehood is always shakky when it is being probe, because there are some terrible things to hide. no matter any lie you heard being made again the Scripture will not erase the already established truth. But as you are bold here on NL, I don't know if u will in your mosque. to ask about Aisha age from your imam?
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by shineeye1: 8:08pm On Jul 25, 2013
The defence of MURIC is a shame. The justification for child marriage to them is that it is a lesser evil to child prostitution! What a defence! Does one evil justify another?
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jul 25, 2013
Ruthia: no wait till i'm 6years old, anu
Pls no insultive or gutter words here..i never insult u and i see no reason why u should do that to me..respect they say is reciprocal and vice versa.i think we are both matured,hence the reason why am replying u so as to learn from each other.
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jul 25, 2013
oluwafemi113: I'm A Muslim, Islam Is Perfect But,I'm Not..If I Make Mistakes, Please Blame It On Me, Not On My Religion..Islam Is A Religion Of Peace, Perfection And Equality

Ok

Who told you all this?
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 25, 2013
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by luvmijeje(f): 8:15pm On Jul 25, 2013
mmmustapha: Proudly Muslim, no matter what u hypocrite do u will never tarnish islam image
Mtcheew, we are talking of some1 using religion to tarnish a child and you are writing crap, who cares?
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by samuelkew(m): 8:16pm On Jul 25, 2013
I think Aisha was married at 6 and tasted at 9. So let's not blame the man. I tink we must stop religious provocation. At least we have Muslims saying it's an evil act. Let's allow peace

1 Like

Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jul 25, 2013
debbleopto:

you see the truth is never afraid of any accusation because truth is light. but falsehood is always shakky when it is being probe, because there are some terrible things to hide. no matter any lie you heard being made again the Scripture will not erase the already established truth. But as you are bold here on NL, I don't know if u will in your mosque. to ask about Aisha age from your imam?
I have said it time without number..QUOTE ANY PART OF THE QURAN WHERE YOU READ THAT THE PROPHET MARRIED A 6/9 YEAR OLD GIRL.STOP PEDDLING THE RUMOUR YOU HEARD FROM YOU PASTORS OR READ FROM THE INTERNET..NO MATTER HOW LONG..LIGHT(Truth) WILL ALWAYS OVERCOME DARKNESS (lie)..pls. Prove me wrong by Quoting the Quranic verse that say the prophet married a 6/9 yr old or shut that ur ignorant mouth up.
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by debbleopto: 8:19pm On Jul 25, 2013

if so confirm from the Koran and hadiths whose daughters. are these, for they are actually mentioned there. EL- LAT, EL- UZZAT & MANAT.
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by oluwafemi113(m): 8:25pm On Jul 25, 2013
Pyrrho:

Ok.

who told you this?

I knew that long time ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

N:B I am never in support of under age married and I am s Muslim
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by Ruthia(f): 8:26pm On Jul 25, 2013
akthedream: Dear Ruth,pls dont listen to that devil incanate called babyosis.That write up is a fraud.There are many i have read about Jesus being a GAY and was in a relationship before he left this world,does that mean that they are right.
may God save u, for he (Jesus) is full of mercy, u wont try dat wen u cross d mercy line u er a dead man.
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by samuelkew(m): 8:29pm On Jul 25, 2013
Well, child marriage affects only the girls. It is another insult on womanhood and humanity. As far as marriable maidens are not scarce or finished, this issue can never be rational or reasonable. If not wickedness, how can we ignore medical implications such as VVF or RVF. Female are not just for man's comfort. They are not just man's property but a helpmate, a companion, a partner- when proper.
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by cosify: 8:30pm On Jul 25, 2013
I seriously urge d Senate to rescind it's unwarranted decision on child marriage because I have carefully examined d arguments put forward by d MURIC in it's favour, and I find them all HIGHLY unconvincing. After all, d Senate took dat decision under duress.The senators that supported it were blackmailed into it.
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by debbleopto: 8:34pm On Jul 25, 2013
Narrated Aisha:
The Prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six
(years). We went to Medina and stayed at the
home of Bani-al-Harith bin Khazraj. Then I got
ill and my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew
(again) and my mother, Um Ruman, came to me
while I was playing in a swing with some of
my girl friends. She called me, and I went to
her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me.
She caught me by the hand and made me stand
at the door of the house. I was breathless then,
and when my breathing became all right, she
took some water and rubbed my face and head
with it. Then she took me into the house. There
in the house I saw some Ansari women who
said, "Best wishes and Allah's Blessing and a
good luck." Then she entrusted me to them and
they prepared me (for the marriage).
Unexpectedly Allah's Apostle came to me in the
forenoon and my mother handed me over to
him, and at that time I was a girl of nine years
of age . (Sahih Al-Bukhari , Volume 5, Book 58,
Number 234 )
Narrated Hisham's father:
Khadija died three years before the Prophet
departed to Medina. He stayed there for two
years or so and then he married 'Aisha when
she was a girl of six years of age, and he
consumed that marriage when she was nine
years old. (Sahih Al-Bukhari , Volume 5, Book 58,
Number 236 )
Narrated 'Aisha:
Allah's Apostle said to me, "You were shown to
me twice (in my dream) before I married you. I
saw an angel carrying you in a silken piece of
cloth, and I said to him, 'Uncover (her),' and
behold, it was you. I said (to myself), 'If this is
from Allah, then it must happen.' Then you
were shown to me, the angel carrying you in a
silken piece of cloth, and I said (to him),
'Uncover (her), and behold, it was you. I said (to
myself), 'If this is from Allah, then it must
happen.'" (Sahih Al-Bukhari , Volume 9, Book 87,
Number 140 ; see also Number 139)
Narrated 'Aisha:
that the Prophet married her when she was six
years old and he consummated his marriage
when she was nine years old , and then she
remained with him for nine years (i.e., till his
death). (Sahih Al-Bukhari , Volume 7, Book 62,
Number 64; see also Numbers 65 and 88)
SAHIH MUSLIM
'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported:
Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him)
married me when I was six years old, and I was
admitted to his house at the age of nine . She
further said: We went to Medina and I had an
attack of fever for a month, and my hair had
come down to the earlobes. Umm Ruman (my
mother) came to me and I was at that time on a
swing along with my playmates. She called me
loudly and I went to her and I did not know
what she had wanted of me. She took hold of my
hand and took me to the door, and I was saying:
Ha, ha (as if I was gasping), until the agitation of
my heart was over. She took me to a house,
where had gathered the women of the Ansar.
They all blessed me and wished me good luck
and said: May you have share in good. She (my
mother) entrusted me to them. They washed my
head and embellished me and nothing frightened
me. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him)
came there in the morning, and I was entrusted
to him. (Sahih Muslim , Book 008, Number 3309 ;
see also 3310)
'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported that
Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him)
married her when she was seven years old, and
he was taken to his house as a bride when she
was nine, and her dolls were with her ; and
when he (the Holy Prophet) died she was
eighteen years old . (Sahih Muslim , Book 008,
Number 3311 )
S
Re: Our Position On ‘child Marriage’ – Islamic Organisation by samuelkew(m): 8:34pm On Jul 25, 2013
Oluwafemi, you are not reciting poem or memory verse. So I think it is high time you stopped that lovely repetition. It is alright, no war, u are a muslim. Good. Let's talk on this issue and I appreciate your view on child marriage as an evil act.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Court Okays Probe Of Amaechi's Administration / Wike Playing Politics With Benue Killings – APC / President Buhari Meets With Namadi Sambo Behind Closed Door

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.