Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,693 members, 7,816,834 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith (13599 Views)

Are We Saved By Faith Or By Water Baptism? / Submit To The Righteousness Of God- Pastor Chris / The 6th And 7th Books Of Moses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by Enigma(m): 6:30am On Jul 29, 2013
Hallelujah!!!!

Dis one wey me and logicboy dey do paddy paddy first thing on Monday morning, no be dis week I go win lottery so?

grin
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by Alwaystrue(f): 7:00am On Jul 29, 2013
@Goshen,
I thought I had mentioned this before. Can you show me where the 10 commandments were termed to be Mosaic? Was it Moses that gave the 10 commandments to the Israelites in Exodus 20 and Deuteronomy 4&5 or where those commandments not the first time God thundered it down to such a large body of people with his own voice? Did you know where Jesus made the distinction between traditions of men and HIS FATHER's COMMANDS. Have you heard where God said nothing that comes out of His mouth will return to Him void?
Can you not understand that a large number of laws Moses gave after that were an expansion of these same 10 commandments? Did you not see where it was stated most of these were actually about love....did you not notice the emphasis of these commandments to love in the NT?

I challenge you to prove to me that the ten commandments from Loving the Lord God up till not coveting your neighbours goods were given by Moses.

Your cockiness on God's word as I have noted so far is getting more alarming.

2 Likes

Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by Nobody: 7:15am On Jul 29, 2013
Logicboy03:

grin grin

Na testimony be dat!!

He was a atheist and now he is a pastor...SOMEBODY SHOUT HALLELUYAH!!!!
lolz. Seems youre in a good mood this morning oga.
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by Nobody: 8:10am On Jul 29, 2013
'Judaizers'

smiley
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by shdemidemi(m): 8:21am On Jul 29, 2013
@ Goshen

Good job, thanks for the exposition.
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by MostHigh: 8:32am On Jul 29, 2013
Alwaystrue: @Goshen,
I thought I had mentioned this before. Can you show me where the 10 commandments were termed to be Mosaic? Was it Moses that gave the 10 commandments to the Israelites in Exodus 20 and Deuteronomy 4&5 or where those commandments not the first time God thundered it down to such a large body of people with his own voice? Did you know where Jesus made the distinction between traditions of men and HIS FATHER's COMMANDS. Have you heard where God said nothing that comes out of His mouth will return to Him void?
Can you not understand that a large number of laws Moses gave after that were an expansion of these same 10 commandments? Did you not see where it was stated most of these were actually about love....did you not notice the emphasis of these commandments to love in the NT?

I challenge you to prove to me that the ten commandments from Loving the Lord God up till not coveting your neighbours goods were given by Moses.

The man is Completely Lawless.

And the encouragement from the multitude that jeer him on is chiefly responsible for his Narcissisim

Qoute:

"Did not Moses give you the law, yet none of you keeps the law? Why do you seek to kill Me?" The people answered and said, "You have a demon. Who is seeking to kill You?" Jesus answered and said to them, "I did one work, and you all marvel. Moses therefore gave you circumcision (not that it is from Moses, but from the fathers), and you circumcise a man on the Sabbath. If a man receives circumcision on the Sabbath, so that the law of Moses should not be broken, are you angry with Me because I made a man completely well on the Sabbath? Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment."

Hope you can see the bolded GOSHEN THE LAWLESS.

Lawless son of the Lawless Man.
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by MostHigh: 8:34am On Jul 29, 2013
frosbel: 'Judaizers'

smiley

Lawless children of a Lawless father.

Fulfilling prophecy.

Doing your fathers work.

grin
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by MostHigh: 8:38am On Jul 29, 2013
okeyxyz:

WOW!!!! WONDERFULL!!! SHOCKING!!!! MY MOUTH HAS TORN(IYANNU grin grin)

Bros, So you know all this spiritual principles?? You know that christ became the Law of Moses(sin & death) and died, and by dying has put this Law to Death so that we shall no longer define our moralities based on it?

So why do you still continue to define sin according to how this same law(of Moses) defined sin?? Why not follow liberty(in the Risen Christ) like I've always argued?? Why do you still follow/worship that model of christ who walked with his twelve disciples? This is why you guys still think that celibacy is holy because that christ was celibate(as recommended by the Law of Moses). Whereas, Paul expressly stated: We don't recognize that christ anymore, we don't follow him. He was the Law(of sin) and anybody who follows him is still a sinner.

Confused.com

You can be exactly as your master is but never greater

You mr man are a pretender.
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by MostHigh: 8:47am On Jul 29, 2013
Goshen360: Under this new covenant, we find the new groom 'importing' certain laws from the old covenant into this new. Does that mean the new new bride (the church) is married or under the old agreement that was terminated by death? Of course not! This is why Paul will often quote the law and still tell you\us as the new covenant bride that we are not under the law. That is, we are not under the old covenant ratified by the law. It does not mean the new bride can go commit adultery because she is not under the old covenant. Those were things the old bride (Israel) did that made God terminated the marriage and covenant in order to make a new one. Hence, the explanation to the quote of Bidam:

New International Version (©2011)
Do we, then, nullify the law by (or because of) this faith? Not at all! Rather, we uphold the law. Romans 3:31

Why the above quote? Because the source is quoted from the law of God given to Moses; it was first given under the regime of Moses. Paul is not saying here we should obey the Mosaic and in Galatians saying we should not obey the Mosaic because anyone that will obey the Mosaic, must obey the whole just as it wasn't differentiated that some are moral and some are ceremonial. To break one is to break the whole - that's what the law says because it was given as a whole. One means everything and everything means one.

It is like when a country e.g Nigeria under a particular regime make a constitution and under another regime they amend that constitution, taking away somethings from the old and importing somethings from the old into the new. Does the old constitution have power over the new even though some things were imported from the old to the new? Do people under the new obey the old constitution as though it was the new one while the new is in effect? Can people under the new constitution be judged and punished according to the old constitution? Certainly not! This is revelation of what the new testament\covenant is to the old - an importation from the old does not mean we are under that old marriage or covenant but as God deem it fit, He imports things from the old into the new agreement. Hence, a reference to the old does not place us under that old covenant which was enforced by the law but by grace and the signature being the blood of Christ, the mediator of the new covenant.

New International Version (©2011)
in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. Romans 8:4

What is the 'righteous requirement' of the law? The context of Romans 8 simply says it is Christ and faith in what God did in\through Christ. Therefore, we can read,

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
Christ is the fulfillment of Moses' Teachings so that everyone who has faith may receive God's approval.

New Living Translation (©2007)
For Christ has already accomplished the purpose for which the law was given. As a result, all who believe in him are made right with God.

Romans 10:4

By what Christ did, the righteous requirement of the law is fully met in us, righteousness is imputed unto us. We believe it and it works for us. Well, I'm tired for now. It's sleep o'clock. That's how far I can go for now. God bless you all.

Goshen how many times must we reveal to you that there is no church in the kingdom age ONLY ISREAL

This your theory is just based on your personal VANITY.

And contrary to what you are preaching the fathers consatitution can never be changed by your wishfull thinking.

The master constantly showed us the true meanings and efficacy of the torah commandments and instruction

Instead of you to do the same you are abolishing them in totality.

You can be exactly as your MASTER is but never GREATER goshen, NEVER.

You will pay for this your FOLLY.
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by shdemidemi(m): 8:48am On Jul 29, 2013
MostHigh:

Confused.com

You can be exactly as your master is but never greater

You mr man are a pretender.

Get in to a discussion bro. Repeating the same thing even if you are right would not edify men, you have to read your bible to know what you want to present.

Thanks
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by MostHigh: 8:49am On Jul 29, 2013
Logicboy03:

Well said.

Even when I was a christian, this was the best explanation for the old and new testament. Clearly, Jesus and Paul were aware of the old testament laws. Jesus and Paul didnt preach about throwing away the old testament laws but to explain and interpret them in a consistent manner to the topic of salvation.

The problem is that people do not understand the most important thing about law
-A law is only as good as its interpretation.

For instance- the old law was "an eye for an eye". Jesus came to explain and interprete this law with regards to salavation- that forgiveness is also part of "an eye for an eye". You see, if someone causes harm to you, harming the person n retaliation is not the only way to repay the person back. One can use mediation to show the person why harming others is bad and how he has harmed you has affected you. This same person can pay you some compensation after you have shown him the gentle Jesus way of turning the other cheek with wisdom. Is that not an "eye for an eye"? The person nullifies the harm he caused to you by using his/her own effort to compensate for that harm.

However, Goshen with his high and mighty attitude will preach as if he is the ultimate authority on scriptures. Calling people "judaizers" and saying that the old laws have gone becuase of grace. Then, he will change mouth after a huge backlash. See how he is now saying that we should all come together and reason out the scriptures after starting the thread like an all knowing preacher. Mtchew.

I am happy that people are finally seeing through this guy's shenanigans.

Good morning all! A bright new day

Spot on Sire.

wink
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by Nobody: 8:49am On Jul 29, 2013
Alwaystrue: @Goshen,

Thank you, sis, you just explained a whole lot to me.
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by MostHigh: 8:51am On Jul 29, 2013
shdemidemi: @ Goshen

Good job, thanks for the exposition.

Just keep jeering him on

He that leadeth into captivity will also enter into captivity himself.

You have been warned.

Lawlessness is death.

1 Like

Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by shdemidemi(m): 8:54am On Jul 29, 2013
MostHigh:

Just keep jeering him on

He that leadeth into captivity will also enter into captivity himself.

You have been warned.

Lawlessness is death.

Ain't you bored of repeating the same words for years. This same attitude will definitely affect you in real life, you need to apply your cognisance to this things bro. I believe there are many dimensions of delivering a message if proper time is spent in studying.
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by MostHigh: 8:55am On Jul 29, 2013
shdemidemi:

Get in to a discussion bro. Repeating the same thing even if you are right would not edify men, you have to read your bible to know what you want to present.

Thanks

A dicussion ke?

Dropping nukes on your head and you are talking of discussion.

If the words are too strong for you then dont read them

Or better still when you are accused of being completely lwaless

You can simply deny it

Abi?

I have never denied being a judaizer as you put it

Why can you and your brethren not accept your LAWLESSNESS.

yOU CAN BE EXACTLY AS YOUR MASTER IS BUT NOT GREATER

LAWLESS MAN.
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by MostHigh: 8:59am On Jul 29, 2013
[quote author=shdemidemi]

Ain't you bored of repeating the same words for years. This same attitude will definitely affect you in real life, you need to apply your cognisance to this things bro. I believe there are many dimensions of delivering a message if proper time is spent in studying.

[/quote

O so I should speak as a greek man like yourself

You love hearing yoyurself talk abi?

The only dimension your kind understand is constant application of fire

Also Its not healthy speaking so much half baked rubbish either like you and your brother indulge in daily

I worry for you and your kind

Lawless children
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by Zikkyy(m): 9:47am On Jul 29, 2013
MostHigh:
Your response is typical of you and shidedemi when your stumped

stumped what are you talking about?

Because i said "your waka just dey start"? you don't believe am telling you the truth?
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by MostHigh: 9:58am On Jul 29, 2013
Zikkyy:

stumped what are you talking about?

Because i said "your waka just dey start"? you don't believe am telling you the truth?

STUMPED.

wink
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by Alwaystrue(f): 9:58am On Jul 29, 2013
@Logicboy, but with this knowledge you have, why are you still atheist? Since you understand the words of our Lord and King as it was meant to be, please come back to the Lord He loves you still.

@Ihedinobi, I had mentioned this before but I noted no one touched it with a long pole. I am glad you got something from my post at least.
There was no mediator between God and the Israelites when He gave the ten commandments (it was in His own voice) but the people themselves said to Moses that they did not want to hear God's voice as they were sore afraid. And this was as God finished speaking the 10th commandment. Deut. 5:22.
God later said in Deut 18:16-19 He will raise another prophet who will say all God commanded Him, since they refused to listen to Him at Horeb, and God said He will call to account anyone who does not listen to His words.
Yet we have people here who claim Christ words while He walked on earth are only meant for those under the law I.e. Those of that time, meaning it is only His death that is of meaning to them not his Law-fulfilling life.

But besides these, note that Jesus even explained to the pharisees even some of the laws given that they did not interprete correctly. Paul talked about this too and showed the interpretation according to the righteousness of it. A heart led of the spirit will rightly divide the word of truth.

4 Likes

Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by MostHigh: 10:01am On Jul 29, 2013
Alwaystrue: @Logicboy, but with this knowledge you have, why are you still atheist? Since you understand the words of our Lord and King as it was meant to be, please come back to the Lord He loves you still.

@Ihedinobi, I had mentioned this before but I noted no one touched it with a long pole. I am glad you got something from my post at least.
There was no mediator between God and the Israelites when He gave the ten commandments (it was in His own voice) but the people themselves said to Moses that they did not want to hear God's voice as they were sore afraid. And this was as God finished speaking the 10th commandment. Deut. 5:22.
God later said in Deut 18:17-19 He will raise another prophet who will say all God commanded Him, since they refused to listen to Him at Horeb, and God said He will call to account anyone who does not listen to His words.
Yet we have people here who claim Christ words while He walked on earth are only meant for those under the law I.e. Those of that time, meaning it is only His death that is of meaning to them not his Law-fulfilling life.

But besides these, note that Jesus even explained to the pharisees even some of the laws given that they did not interprete correctly. Paul talked about this too and showed the interpretation according to the righteousness of it. A heart led of the spirit will rightly divide the word of truth.

Well said at the bolded.
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by shdemidemi(m): 10:07am On Jul 29, 2013
^^^^^^^^^

Ephesians 2

11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

But 'now' we have been adopted by God through the law of the Spirit in Christ.

Paul did not start all the early churches by what Christ had done in the four gospel books, remember he was not even part of the disciples at the time. He picked the gentile church up from the death, burial and ascension of Christ. Going to the old economy of the law is simply going back into the flesh, We were never part of that setting of the old. Christ could then say, do not take the gospel of the messiah and the king of the Jews as prophesied to the Samaritans and the Gentiles.
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by MostHigh: 10:28am On Jul 29, 2013
shdemidemi: ^^^^^^^^^

Ephesians 2

11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

12 [b]That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:[/b]

13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

Paul did not start all the early churches by what Christ had done in the four gospel books, remember he was not even part of the disciples at the time. He picked the gentile church up from the death, burial and ascension of Christ. Going to the old economy of the law is simply going back into the flesh, We were never part of that setting of the old. Christ could then say, do not take the gospel of the messiah and the king of the Jews as prophesied to the Samaritans and the Gentiles.

And yet paul is quoted as being a nazarite

BEING A JUDAIZER as you put it

So are you saying that you are no longer an alien to the commonweatlth of ISREAL? as regards the bolded in your response

Just checking cheesy

1 Like

Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by Nobody: 10:31am On Jul 29, 2013
Goshen360: @ Bidam, Ayomivic & utah and EVERYONE This post\reply might be long for you to read but please, it's very important we treat this subject and ask questions rather than fighting ourselves.
Ok, Everyone in this forum is open to learning,no one has a monopoly of the knowledge of scriptures,we all are open to rebuke,correction and instruction which should be done with humility and sincerity of heart.And this is what God desires.

HOSEA 6:6 (God)
6 For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.

I promised to discuss this response in details and intensively. Here I come. Before I proceed, I will like to appeal to my brothers in Christ on this subject of law and grace. I have noticed we have formed a segregation group because this topic is greatly diving us and I want to humbly treat it deeply using scriptures. I expect each person to search and see if what the other person is teaching is right or wrong before we openly criticize and allow this particular subject (grace & law) to divide us. That was the way of the Bereans WITH OPEN MIND not with a sealed or already made up mind. That's not the way to learn. Hence, everyone's teaching on this forum is subject to other people's scrutiny. That being said, kindly search the scriptures and if you find any contrary 'interpretation' to what I'm going to say here and please present it, I do not claim final authority in the teachings of the word on this forum - the sacred scriptures is our common ground. Now, let get into the word!
If you had made such presentation from the beginning,no one would have responded with annoyance, your post was actually intended to cause divisions to tender plants and not actually to minister grace to hearers.

I'm going to deal with this subject from the questions that arose from the three above mentioned people (Bidam, utah and Ayomivic) and my response\questions to them as quoted below:

Yeah,lets hear the great rabbi aka Goshen 360

To start with, the Old Covenant is ONLY between God and national Israel ONLY and NOT with the church. The other nations were not part of that first covenant. This covenant and the people of Israel is a SHADOW AND TYPE of the church and the new covenant that is to come and has come. Israel is a type and shadow of the church while the old covenant is a type and shadow of the new.
And this is where i tend to slightly disagree with your views.Reasons because you feel that the ten commandments God gave Moses are part of the old covenant and are done away with.Jesus and Paul never taught that.WHY? Because they contain the very character of God which is LOVE. They enable us to know what God is like. Since the character of God remains unchanging-“I change not, saith the Eternal”(Mal. 3:6 ).

New Living Translation (©2007)
That first covenant between God and Israel had regulations for worship and a place of worship here on earth. Hebrews 9:1
You have to be careful when dissecting the book of Hebrews that was addressed to the Jewish audience,you don't just pick a verse and say what suit you in order to promote a doctrine out of it.This book is actually talking about the blood covenant and you have to read all of it in CONTEXT.The book of Hebrews makes it clear that various washings and physical sacrifices were done away.

Then indeed, even the first covenant had ordinances of divine service and the earthly sanctuary. 2 For a tabernacle was prepared: the first part, in which was the lampstand, the table, and the showbread, which is called the sanctuary; 3 and behind the second veil, the part of the tabernacle which is called the Holiest of All, 4 which had the golden censer and the ark of the covenant overlaid on all sides with gold, in which were the golden pot that had the manna, Aaron's rod that budded, and the tablets of the covenant; 5 and above it were the cherubim of glory overshadowing the mercy seat. Of these things we cannot now speak in detail. 6 Now when these things had been thus prepared, the priests always went into the first part of the tabernacle, performing the services. 7 But into the second part the high priest went alone once a year, not without blood, which he offered for himself and for the people's sins committed in ignorance; 8 the Holy Spirit indicating this, that the way into the Holiest of All was not yet made manifest while the first tabernacle was still standing. 9 It was symbolic for the present time in which both gifts and sacrifices are offered which cannot make him who performed the service perfect in regard to the conscience-- 10 concerned only with foods and drinks, various washings, and fleshly ordinances imposed until the time of reformation (Hebrews 9:1-10).

The old covenant, then, consisted of the ordinances of the Levitical priesthood, washings, and fleshly ordinances like animal sacrifices

Now, to make this teaching easy. If there is anyone here on this forum that knows any scriptures where God gave LAW (singular, because the whole 613 lawS were taken a ONE or as a WHOLE package, some were not treated with special preference) to the church, let him or her produce such scripture here and let others look into it.
Ok,lets look at what prophet Jeremiah has to say about this :

“For in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, I DID NOT SPEAK . . . OR COMMAND them concerning burnt offerings and sacrifices. But this COMMAND I GAVE THEM: ‘Obey my voice . . . and walk in ALL THAT WAY THAT I COMMAND YOU, that it may be well with you.’ Jeremiah 7:22-23.

That being said, I challenged many people on this forum in the past including Olaadegbu, Frosbel, Enigma, Ihedinobi, Image123, Bidam, Alwaystrue, and some others to produce just ONE single scriptures that tells us that the entire 613 lawS of God given to Moses was divided into CEREMONIAL, MORAL etc. There's NONE OF THEM THAT CAN PRODUCE ONE SCRIPTURE TO MY CHALLENGE. Anyway, THERE IS NO SCRIPTURE THAT MADE SUCH DISTINCTIONS. When the reference to THE LAW is made in the NT, it is reference to the WHOLE and NOT some being giving a special preference.
grin I hope you are satisfied with what Jeremiah said "I DID NOT SPEAK . . . OR COMMAND them concerning burnt offerings and sacrifices. But this COMMAND I GAVE THEM: ‘Obey my voice . . . and walk in ALL THAT WAY THAT I COMMAND YOU, that it may be well with you." God did not command these sacrifices to be offered originally. This explains why none of those temporary sacrifices were perpetuated by different symbols in the New Testament Church. ONLY THE SYMBOLS TODAY-because it began before the old covenant was made.So the entire 613 laws are actually differentiated from the 10 because they are not literal commands. I will treat the other posts later.Busy right now.

1 Like

Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 29, 2013
Alwaystrue: @Logicboy, but with this knowledge you have, why are you still atheist? Since you understand the words of our Lord and King as it was meant to be, please come back to the Lord He loves you still.

God later said in Deut 18:16-19 He will raise another prophet who will say all God commanded Him, since they refused to listen to Him at Horeb, and God said He will call to account anyone who does not listen to His words.

Beloved sis, you are right. The part of greatest import to me in that post was this:
Alwaystrue: Can you not understand that a large number of laws Moses gave after that were an expansion of these same 10 commandments?

Somehow, that came alive to me again after I read your post and in a completely new way. I think it's a beacon to guide future study of the issue for me. I thank you again.

As for the apparent disregard that some of our brethren have for posts like yours, it's normal for their current situation. It's partly why I'm not engaging on this thread. I'm beginning to feel that discussions such as these only serve as a pressure valve for them. The only meaning in it is the conflict itself not what comes out of it so I don't bother anymore unless it's absolutely critical.

How have you been, dear one?
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by Alwaystrue(f): 1:33pm On Jul 29, 2013
^^^^^^^^I am doing very well. Thank you for asking.

I noted the same thing on the discussions but decided to add my thoughts especially since I was called out and I saw it. That is the basic reason I decided to respond but I hope we will all be willing to learn and be open to the word.
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by Zikkyy(m): 3:00pm On Jul 29, 2013
Bidam:
And this is where i tend to slightly disagree with your views.Reasons because you feel that the ten commandments God gave Moses are part of the old covenant and are done away with.Jesus and Paul never taught that.WHY? Because they contain the very character of God which is LOVE. They enable us to know what God is like. Since the character of God remains unchanging-“I change not, saith the Eternal”(Mal. 3:6 ).

I don't think Goshen is saying Christians now have freedom to kill, worship other gods, disrespect their parents e.t.c. my understanding of what Goshen is saying is that relevant bit of the moral law were included in NT teachings. The command as dished out in OT was directed at the Jews only.

MostHigh:

STUMPED.

wink

angry
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by shdemidemi(m): 3:15pm On Jul 29, 2013
Zikkyy:

I don't think Goshen is saying Christians now have freedom to kill, worship other gods, disrespect their parents e.t.c. my understanding of what Goshen is saying is that relevant bit of the moral law were included in NT teachings. The command as dished out in OT was directed at the Jews only. angry

I don't believe we need any part of the law of Moses as Christians, be it morals or ceremonial. The bible says

Romans 8:14
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Anyone that has the Spirit of Christ in them are led by the Spirit and not by the letter. When you are led by the Spirit, you would not only fulfil the righteousness of the law, you would think and act in favour of God in any situation that you find yourself.
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by MostHigh: 3:16pm On Jul 29, 2013
shdemidemi:

I don't believe we need any part of the law of Moses as Christians, be it morals or ceremonial. The bible says

Romans 8:14
For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Anyone that has the Spirit of Christ in them are led by the Spirit and not by the letter. When you are led by the Spirit, you would not only fulfil the righteousness of the law, you would think and act in favour of God in any situation that you find yourself.

Belief is different from knowledge.

wink
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by shdemidemi(m): 3:59pm On Jul 29, 2013
MostHigh:

Belief is different from knowledge.

wink

What are you trying to say bro
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by MostHigh: 4:30pm On Jul 29, 2013
shdemidemi:

What are you trying to say bro

Oh!

Just referencing you opening statement (I dont believe....)

Hence my response that belief is not the same thing as knowing

Most people confuse and itermix both expressions daily unconciously

wink
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:34pm On Jul 29, 2013
Alwaystrue:

@Goshen,

Praise the Lord! We still have discerning prophets/prophetesses in the house.
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by Zikkyy(m): 7:06pm On Jul 29, 2013
shdemidemi:
I don't believe we need any part of the law of Moses as Christians, be it morals or ceremonial.

Goshen's post is interpreted to mean Christians can kill, lie, worship idols (as they are no longer required to adhere to the law of Moses). That is not my understanding of Goshen's post. You also have to understand that these peeps don't see Moses when they read the 10 commandment, they see it as a direct instruction from God (according to Bidam, it's a reflection of God's character) and is therefore applicable to all. you need to make some clarifications so they understand your position.

shdemidemi:
I don't believe we need any part of the law of Moses as Christians, be it morals or ceremonial.

I agree to the extent that Christians should not be led by the letter (the commandment given to the Israelite in the OT as it was strictly for the O.T Jews). it truly does not reflect one that is led by the spirit.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Must Read: Olodumare (GOD) In Yoruba Ifa And Orisha Is Monotheistic / Is It Right To Play Secular Songs During Christian Weddings? / When A Sin Becomes "Normal" In Your Life.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.