Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith (13604 Views)

Are We Saved By Faith Or By Water Baptism? / Submit To The Righteousness Of God- Pastor Chris / The 6th And 7th Books Of Moses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by flourishG(m): 11:13pm On Jul 26, 2013
MostHigh:

Spot on

Goshen is constantly propelled by demons on this site

Each one appealing and polishing to his vanity

Lawlessness is their Bread
are you an enemy of Christ's work on the cross or what?
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by JesusisLord85: 11:14pm On Jul 26, 2013
Goshen360:

I really wanna deal with you today. grin

Therein lies the problem with you and your friend. You want to be seen to 'win' the debate. This is not a matter of 'I'm right, you're wrong'. Your doctrine will send people to hell.
Your arrogance will not let you see light.
It is well
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by JesusisLord85: 11:15pm On Jul 26, 2013
flourishG: are you an enemy of Christ's work on the cross or what?

Do you say anything substantial? Or do you just kiss shdemidemi's proverbial?
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by Goshen360(m): 11:19pm On Jul 26, 2013
JesusisLord85:

So what does 'grace' say exactly?
Because this 'new law' that you advocate came out of a brief encounter on the road to Damascus. I wonder just how much God said to Paul that caused you to think of a fluffy new set of laws by which all you need to do is acknowledge God exists and that qualifies you to enter the Kingdom.

See, if one truly believes God exists, he will use all his strength to please God. What pleases him? When we obey his commandments.

I have told you what Grace says in my teachings but you guy blew up everything in your fight against me. I no know wetin I do una sef. grin You just said you are not saying one can receive God's righteousness by keeping the law. What then are we saying here? The law I advocate is the LAW OF CHRIST, THE LAW OF THE SPIRIT. The law UNTO THEMSELVES for the gentiles.

Okay, lemme take it one by one with you.

Answer the question shdemidemi asked you. In Romans 7:2, what is it that BINDs a woman to her husband. Just answer simple question and we deal with this issue.
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jul 26, 2013
Goshen360:

The Law says DO THIS and GOD does that. Grace says DO this BECAUSE God had already DONE THAT. What is it that is not clear in my teachings?

Goshen, I agreed already.
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by Goshen360(m): 11:23pm On Jul 26, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Therein lies the problem with you and your friend. You want to be seen to 'win' the debate. This is not a matter of 'I'm right, you're wrong'. Your doctrine will send people to hell.
Your arrogance will not let you see light.
It is well

You don't have to accept my doctrine sir. We are REASONING SCRIPTURES TOGHETHER and everyone is reading. I don't teach to win argument. It means nothing to me. You teach and I test. I teach,others and you test what I teach by searching and comparing scriptures.

Now, I just taught a message that we are NOT made rightous by obeying the law of Moses and you just agreed to the and on the other hand, you turned your back and say I'm teaching wrong things. What is wrong in it when you just agreed?
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by MostHigh: 11:23pm On Jul 26, 2013
Goshen360:

Yes bro. The Law keeps in bondage and grace sets free. The law is the POWER that sin operates on\with. Take the power of sin away, then sin shall not have dominion or power over you\us or the church. Glory to God!

In other words Yashau and the apostles were in bondage

Only paul the judaIZER IS FREE

See your reasoning.

Lawlessness.
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by Goshen360(m): 11:25pm On Jul 26, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Goshen, I agreed already.

Okay, if you agree to that. Then I asked, what does the Law say about tithing? Did it say tithe BECAUSE GOD HAD ALREADY GIVEN\BLESSED YOU or it says tithe SO THAT GOD CAN BLESS YOU? What does the law say?
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by Goshen360(m): 11:28pm On Jul 26, 2013
MostHigh:

In other words Yashau and the apostles were in bondage

Only paul the judaIZER IS FREE

See your reasoning.

Lawlessness.

That's why Christ came young man. To set you free from the POWER OF SIN - The law. So you can be free to serve God in Spirit and in truth. The Law was in place UNTIL CHRIST SHOULD COME...AFTER Christ had come and given us the SPirit, WE NO LONGER NEED THE LAW TO GUIDE US - THE HOLY SPIRIT NOW GUIDES US.
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by JesusisLord85: 11:28pm On Jul 26, 2013
Goshen360:

You don't have to accept my doctrine sir. We are REASONING SCRIPTURES TOGHETHER and everyone is reading. I don't teach to win argument. It means nothing to me. You teach and I test. I teach,others and you test what I teach by searching and comparing scriptures.

Now, I just taught a message that we are NOT made rightous by obeying the law of Moses and you just agreed to the and on the other hand, you turned your back and say I'm teaching wrong things. What is wrong in it when you just agreed?

I will put your errors down to a lack of verbal reasoning skills
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by shdemidemi(m): 11:29pm On Jul 26, 2013
Goshen360:

grin grin grin and rolling on the floor! So the context of Galatians Epistle is ^ the highlighted in RED Just answer simple question o, don't go copy and paste because I really wanna deal with you today. grin

Don't laugh brother, this guy needs the Word.

I no blame you sha, me sef laugh grin
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by Tgirl4real(f): 11:33pm On Jul 26, 2013
I know I am missing...I will catch up soon.
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by Goshen360(m): 11:35pm On Jul 26, 2013
JesusisLord85:

I will put your errors down to a lack of verbal reasoning skills

Okay, I await that.
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by Goshen360(m): 11:41pm On Jul 26, 2013
shdemidemi:

Don't laugh brother, this guy needs the Word.

I no blame you sha, me sef laugh grin

You know when Paul said, some people want to teach the law to Christians BUT THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT THE LAW SAYS. He, Paul repeated same thing in Romans 7:1. (I am talking to THOSE WHO KNOW THE LAW) I bet my life, that guy will NEVER answer that question in Romans 7:2 because he knows that is an exposure of his errors and heresies. Honestly, it is ONLY a man like Paul who KNOWS the law that can destroy the law in and out. We teachers of Grace have dine and wine with the law and we understand it bondage to THOSE IT WAS GIVEN TO. How can you explain cut off your hands when it makes you sin? Some people will say that is NOT a literal meaning or translation. What then does it mean if not what it means\says? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by MostHigh: 11:42pm On Jul 26, 2013
Goshen360:

Are you truly confused

Or is this all a front for something else?

Did Christ not obey the LAW?
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by Goshen360(m): 11:45pm On Jul 26, 2013
MostHigh:

Are you truly confused

Or is this all a front for something else?

Did Christ not obey the LAW?

When Christ obeyed the law. He never broke ONE? Do you want me show you the LAW Christ broke? cheesy
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by JesusisLord85: 11:46pm On Jul 26, 2013
Goshen360:

I have told you what Grace says in my teachings but you guy blew up everything in your fight against me. I no know wetin I do una sef. grin You just said you are not saying one can receive God's righteousness by keeping the law. What then are we saying here? The law I advocate is the LAW OF CHRIST, THE LAW OF THE SPIRIT. The law UNTO THEMSELVES for the gentiles.

Okay, lemme take it one by one with you.

Answer the question shdemidemi asked you. In Romans 7:2, what is it that BINDs a woman to her husband. Just answer simple question and we deal with this issue.

Oh this wicked generation. Anyway I will respond since you asked so nicely, your brothers approach is rather abrasive.
Anyway. Paul told you "for I speak to them that know the law". You arrogant men, you don't know the law and yet you want to come and bring this passage to me. demidemi did you not learn your lesson on Acts 10, and you want more?

I gave you the background before, and I hoped you would turn aside and understand.

Romans 7: Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth? 2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband. 3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man. 4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God"

You misunderstood revelation because you do not understand the difference between present tense and past tense. This time, you err because you do not know when Paul uses the singular.

Given the background, you know that this is talking about a wife that was in adultery. Israel was married to God, but according to the law, was then in adultery. So let me rephrase. If the husband (Christ) dies, she is loosed from the law (of adultery), for she is then free to remarry. Do not take this to mean that she is now free to steal, kill and destroy and still make heaven. How can a passage concerning a marriage (and adultery) be used to say the law in general is done away with. I am laughing at this point.

And understand this, the new covenant, God remarrying Israel, and placing his law in their hearts, is it not the same laws to govern marriage? This is just a renewed contract.

Be blessed and have a wonderful sabbath.

Shalom
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by JesusisLord85: 11:47pm On Jul 26, 2013
Goshen360:

When Christ obeyed the law. He never broke ONE? Do you want me show you the LAW Christ broke? cheesy

Why do you ask questions like this. This is not blackberry messenger, you think we enjoy the dialogue? Give us your example and let me laugh myself to sleep
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jul 26, 2013
Goshen360:

Okay, if you agree to that. Then I asked, what does the Law say about tithing? Did it say tithe BECAUSE GOD HAD ALREADY GIVEN\BLESSED YOU or it says tithe SO THAT GOD CAN BLESS YOU? What does the law say?

The point of the question is...?
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jul 26, 2013
Goshen360:

By all means, do.
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by MostHigh: 11:50pm On Jul 26, 2013
Goshen360:

That's why Christ came young man. To set you free from the POWER OF SIN - The law. So you can be free to serve God in Spirit and in truth. The Law was in place UNTIL CHRIST SHOULD COME...AFTER Christ had come and given us the SPirit, WE NO LONGER NEED THE LAW TO GUIDE US - THE HOLY SPIRIT NOW GUIDES US.

ok that's why he came

what about his purpose?

what about that.
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by Goshen360(m): 11:54pm On Jul 26, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Why do you ask questions like this. This is not blackberry messenger, you think we enjoy the dialogue? Give us your example and let me laugh myself to sleep

Hahahahahahaha! grin grin grin grin grin I go laugh you die tonight. Okay, let start with #1.

The law says Stone whoever is caught in adultery to death. When the woman was caught in the very act. What did Christ do and what IS THE MEANING OF THAT MESSAGE OF CHRIST since Christ is the GRACE living under the dispensation of the LAW at that time. Abeg no run this and by the way, we are taking it step by step, that you long epistle to little answer is wearing us out. Simple question, what does the it says BINDS a woman to her husband, you are writing long epistle. A typical way of dubious people. cheesy
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by MostHigh: 11:54pm On Jul 26, 2013
Ihedinobi:

By all means, do.

Brother you goad Goshen to more damnation

The man is actually clueless of his constant blaspheming

Here he runs to prove Yashua is a sinner, e wan fall more people hand

Goshen na your own hand you dey fall so.

You can be exactly as the master is but not GREATER.
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by Goshen360(m): 11:59pm On Jul 26, 2013
JesusisLord85:

Oh this wicked generation. Anyway I will respond since you asked so nicely, your brothers approach is rather abrasive.
Anyway. Paul told you "for I speak to them that know the law". You arrogant men, you don't know the law and yet you want to come and bring this passage to me. demidemi did you not learn your lesson on Acts 10, and you want more?

I gave you the background before, and I hoped you would turn aside and understand.

Romans 7: Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth? 2 For the woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband. 3 So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man. 4 Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God"

You misunderstood revelation because you do not understand the difference between present tense and past tense. This time, you err because you do not know when Paul uses the singular.

Given the background, you know that this is talking about a wife that was in adultery. Israel was married to God, but according to the law, was then in adultery. So let me rephrase. If the husband (Christ) dies, she is loosed from the law (of adultery), for she is then free to remarry. Do not take this to mean that she is now free to steal, kill and destroy and still make heaven. How can a passage concerning a marriage (and adultery) be used to say the law in general is done away with. I am laughing at this point.

And understand this, the new covenant, God remarrying Israel, and placing his law in their hearts, is it not the same laws to govern marriage? This is just a renewed contract.

Be blessed and have a wonderful sabbath.
Shalom

1. I never knew you are a JEW o. Chei, Sabbath ke?

2. God remarrying Israel? So where does the church belong? Concubines? shocked

3. It is very clear you don't understand nothing about romans 7. What nonsense you wrote up there? Did he say LAW of ADULTERY? You're really messing yourself up now. The scripture simply says LAW NOT Law of Adultery? What school did you attend?
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by Goshen360(m): 12:02am On Jul 27, 2013
Goshen360:

Hahahahahahaha! grin grin grin grin grin I go laugh you die tonight. Okay, let start with #1.

The law says Stone whoever is caught in adultery to death. When the woman was caught in the very act. What did Christ do and what IS THE MEANING OF THAT MESSAGE OF CHRIST since Christ is the GRACE living under the dispensation of the LAW at that time.

Did Christ obeyed that law of stone her to death? ^ Or he broke that law?
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by Goshen360(m): 12:07am On Jul 27, 2013
MostHigh:

Brother you goad Goshen to more damnation

The man is actually clueless of his constant blaspheming

Here he runs to prove Yashua is a sinner, e wan fall more people hand

Goshen na your own hand you dey fall so.

You can be exactly as the master is but not GREATER.

It is obvious you're clueless of what I'm saying and where I'm going. Did I say Christ was a sinner? Was Christ the one that was caught in Adultery? Sin is transgression of the law. It was the woman that broke the EXISTING LAW OF WHEN CAUGHT IN ADULTERY. There is NO EXISTING law of that talked about what Christ did - that's the lopehole of the law right there. So Christ is NOT breaking any existing law BY NOT ALLOWING HER TO BE STONED TO DEATH.

^ He that gave the law KNOW THE LOPEHOLES OR LIMITATIONS OF THE LAW AND ALSO KNOWS HOW TO TERMINATE THE LAW!
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by MostHigh: 12:09am On Jul 27, 2013
Goshen360:

The law says Stone whoever is caught in adultery to death. When the woman was caught in the very act. What did Christ do and what IS THE MEANING OF THAT MESSAGE OF CHRIST since Christ is the GRACE living under the dispensation of the LAW at that time. Abeg no run this and by the way, we are taking it step by step, that you long epistle to little answer is wearing us out. Simple question, what does the it says BINDS a woman to her husband, you are writing long epistle. A typical way of dubious people. cheesy

Goshen AND CO NO KILL ME WITH LAUGH OOO

nA ONLY TO STONE PERSON UNA SABI

I mean what the .......
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by Goshen360(m): 12:10am On Jul 27, 2013
MostHigh:

Goshen AND CO NO KILL ME WITH LAUGH OOO

nA ONLY TO STONE PERSON UNA SABI

I mean what the .......

Do you want more laws that Christ violated and the reasons he did that?
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by MostHigh: 12:12am On Jul 27, 2013
Goshen360:

It is obvious you're clueless of what I'm saying and where I'm going. Did I say Christ was a sinner? Was Christ the one that was caught in Adultery? Sin is transgression of the law. It was the woman that broke the EXISTING LAW OF WHEN CAUGHT IN ADULTERY. There is NO EXISTING law of that talked about what Christ did - that's the lopehole of the law right there. So Christ is NOT breaking any existing law BY NOT ALLOWING HER TO BE STONED TO DEATH.

^ He that gave the law KNOW THE LOPEHOLES OR LIMITATIONS OF THE LAW AND ALSO KNOWS HOW TO TERMINATE THE LAW!

@Goshen360:

When Christ obeyed the law. He never broke ONE? Do you want me show you the LAW Christ broke?

Are not those your words

Yashua is now a politician abi?

Loopholes, Limitations termination...

You are just lawless

A lawless Blasphemer

1 Like

Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by MostHigh: 12:18am On Jul 27, 2013
Goshen360:

Do you want more laws that Christ violated and the reasons he did that?

Do you know what violation means?

Why are you trying to Slander the master

Goshen you cannot be greater than the master

HERE COME GOSHEN CONDEMNING YASHUA OF SIN SOMETHING THE PHARASEES COULDNT ACHIEVE

Goshen the Lawless one he that is greater than elohem

1 Like

Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by Goshen360(m): 12:19am On Jul 27, 2013
MostHigh:

@Goshen360:

When Christ obeyed the law. He never broke ONE? Do you want me show you the LAW Christ broke?

Are not those your words

Yashua is now a politician abi?

Loopholes, Limitations termination...

You are just lawless

A lawless Blasphemer

You are empty head of scriptures! Nothing you have to say. I said I can show you more mosaic that Christ broke.

Do you know why he did NOT sin by breaking those law? ....sin is the transgression of the LAW BUT Christ broke law of Moses and yet, he sinned NOT. grin grin grin grin You haven't heard anything yet from me because you don't know the law you claim to know.
Re: Righteousness Of The Laws Of Moses Vs Righteousness Of Grace Of Christ By Faith by Goshen360(m): 12:25am On Jul 27, 2013
@ MostHigh and JesusisLord85,

It is my heart desire to take Moses out of you as a brother in Christ AND replace with Christ + His finished works. That's my aim. You people are upholding Mosaic too long, we look unto Jesus our mediator but the law condemns. I want to take away Judaism (religion of the law) out of you and present\replace with the reality of Christ. The law POINTS to Christ and NOW that Christ have come, what are you people still looking back. Make una no go turn to pillar of salt cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

When A Sin Becomes "Normal" In Your Life. / Redeemed Church Scandal - Adeboye's Deputy Impregnates Secretary / Create Your Thoughts, Don't Let Your Thoughts Create You...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.