Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) (39858 Views)

Amaechi On 94.1FM Wazobia In Port Harcourt (photos) / Amaechi On Railway Inspection From Abuja To Kaduna (Photos) / Abacha's Daughter, Gumsu Mocks Amaechi On Instagram Over Buhari Appointment Snub (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by Lenny5000(m): 2:09am On Jul 28, 2013
oshyno: Goshhhh this man's stupidity baffles me . U dont castigate the president openly especially in a country with weak institution like ours. Believe me Amaechi, GEJ has not looked ur way. When and if he does, Ghana wont contain u.

How could you say this? The President is not an Emperor or King and if he is not prepared to run his government by the Constitution of the Federal republic of Nigeria, then he should prepare for anarchy. You should be worried about the Presidents wife (A common civilian) trying to control an elected governor .. The days are fast approaching where Africa's Presidents will no longer be getting away with Impunity. I am extremely proud of Governor Ameachi, he is the Chief Executive of Rivers State and they should leave him alone! This might be the beginning of President Jonathan's undoing

8 Likes

Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by yetunsbay(m): 2:10am On Jul 28, 2013
oops!
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by toluleke(m): 2:14am On Jul 28, 2013
I feel so bad with the comments coming from people. To say your mind and open up about things is a crime. NIGERIA HAS NO FUTURE with this set of people

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by Lenny5000(m): 2:19am On Jul 28, 2013
toluleke: I feel so bad with the comments coming from people. To say your mind and open up about things is a crime. NIGERIA HAS NO FUTURE with this set of people

You can say that again! Someone in their minds they have equated being a President to being a King or Emperor that must be worshiped!

1 Like

Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by Nobody: 2:20am On Jul 28, 2013
Lenny5000:

How could you say this? The President is not an Emperor or King and if he is not prepared to run his government by the Constitution of the Federal republic of Nigeria, then he should prepare for anarchy. You should be worried about the Presidents wife (A common civilian) trying to control an elected governor .. The days are fast approaching where Africa's Presidents will no longer be getting away with Impunity. I am extremely proud of Governor Ameachi, he is the Chief Executive of Rivers State and they should leave him alone! This might be the beginning of President Jonathan's undoing

Absolutely right! We are not practicing monarchical system of government in Nigeria. Some Nigerians believe respect is the same thing as fear. When some people say "respect the president", they are actually trying to tell you to fear the president. Respect is not synonimous to fear. Amaechi does respect the president, but he does not fear the president.

Amaechi is the executive Governor of Rivers State. He has the right to govern the people that elected him to carry out the duty of a Governor. Patience Jonathan is not the Governor and she should stay clear of politics. Jonathan has failed by not taking his wife out of political back and forth.
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by jackymfon: 2:45am On Jul 28, 2013
guys slience doesn't mean stupidity; i think it was in Godfather that it was said"you should never let your enemy know what you are thinking". Would it kill Governor Ameachi to be quiet and act discreetly?

1 Like

Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by Mogidi: 3:18am On Jul 28, 2013
jackymfon: guys slience doesn't mean stupidity; i think it was in Godfather that it was said"you should never let your enemy know what you are thinking". Would it kill Governor Ameachi to be quiet and act discreetly?

Amaechi don't know the meaning of silence. I think most of his wise and capable advicers have left for the opposition. Am so glad for this interview, those who didn 't believe he was stupid have confirmation of how politically naive this shmuck is.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by Nobody: 3:29am On Jul 28, 2013
If the comments I am reading here are really real...Then Nigerians deserve the bad leaders they have. Amaechi is a true democrat...calls white white and black, black and people here are calling him "idiot", "fool" etc. MY God....Nigeria is finished for having this shallow minded "followers" that likes the status quo of failure in leadership that GEJ and his corrupt cabal have inflicted on beloved Nigeria! SMH

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by Nobody: 3:38am On Jul 28, 2013
Bmart:
I love his courage and eloquence bt I must warn he must learn how to kip quiet......his going to lose my sympathy if en continue lik this oooooooh

I laugh in Japanese who cares about or even knows you...if you support him or not what does that change? Are you Dangote? Please just shut your tr+p of a mouth

1 Like

Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by martinbillings: 3:42am On Jul 28, 2013
Sloan: It is very clear that Amechi is WAY SMARTER & MORE SOPHISTICATED than the MUMU, RETARDEENIC president in Aso Rock GEJ! This guy hits all the right notes in this interview and the only thing he needs is STRONG ALLIANCES, people who the retardeen can not even look in the eye, INCLUDING THE MASS OF THE PEOPLE of NIGERIA! In addition, he should look WEST as the guys on that side are on a different level when it comes to masterful politics and strategy, and he should anchor himself strongly! The PDP and the retardeen are all desperadoes and they could make an attempt on his life when push comes to shove! Other than that, he has released the jury on the retardeen and his hippopotamus of a wife who wants to control an elected government! If she really wants control, let her go contest for elections! Not every man is weak like her husband she can boss around! Ameachi should also be VERY resolved, he shouldn't try and play both sides otherwise they could poison him or get rid of him easily. Like Tinubu, he must evolve a very vigorous mien towards his resolve as so far the retardeen has come up empty. The more he holds on, the more the retardeen's position and reputation becomes greatly diminished until his disgrace in governance either comes or at the PDP primaries or at the election whichever one! However, by holding on, he can spring the right element of victory as the retardeenic PDP government and leadership implodes right before his eyes...then he can laugh his A** OFF like I will! grin grin grin
If all our past leaders were as retardeen as GEJ, Nigeria would have been at the same level with Malaysia, Indonesia, india etc. The other day i read where a state listed out its achievements with SURE-P money. Didn't know these monies got their states. Please God make me a retardeen like Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by bankyblue(m): 3:44am On Jul 28, 2013
When baba decided to sit on the election that brought in this
Goat called amechi, everydody was shouting.

MUY/GEJ came in and over turn it, claiming RULE OF LAW as to
Take effect.

So they should just bear all his stupidity.

Too full of himself.

GEJ I trust u, u can still visit him the way u did to all
Those unloyal ministers when u came into power....all what u need for now is 2015 ticket first.
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by martinbillings: 3:46am On Jul 28, 2013
cramjones: If the comments I am reading here are really real...Then Nigerians deserve the bad leaders they have. Amaechi is a true democrat...calls white white and black, black and people here are calling him "idiot", "fool" etc. MY God....Nigeria is finished for having this shallow minded "followers" that likes the status quo of failure in leadership that GEJ and his corrupt cabal have inflicted on beloved Nigeria! SMH
Tell me past president or serving/past Governor who is less corrupt than Jonathan. Tell me any Nigerian leader, past or present who can be so sincere with sure-p money. Abeg if God give una better thing, try to appreciate and thank him. No be you right.
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by kobikwelu(m): 3:58am On Jul 28, 2013
One thing i took away from this is that Amechi is too blind to see his own contradiction

he said that the president should have nothing against his ambition.....

and yet later, he said that Wike his former chief of staff should not be president because wike has no leadership skills

soooo tell me what makes him different from GEJ??
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by onwai1(m): 4:10am On Jul 28, 2013
Amechi Muonago..."""Lols grin
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by Akainzo(m): 4:29am On Jul 28, 2013
kobikwelu: One thing i took away from this is that Amechi is too blind to see his own contradiction

and yet later, he said that Wike his former chief of staff should not be president because wike has no leadership skills

Seems you skipped that part with he said that the people will decide and not him. Having a personal opinion is far different from using state resources to prosecute that electoral leaning.
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by Sloan: 4:51am On Jul 28, 2013
martinbillings: If all our past leaders were as retardeen as GEJ, Nigeria would have been at the same level with Malaysia, Indonesia, india etc. The other day i read where a state listed out its achievements with SURE-P money. Didn't know these monies got their states. Please God make me a retardeen like Jonathan.

AMEN to your prayer to yourself! grin grin grin I am sure you've never lived in a developed society of really bright human beings, astute and sophisticated leaders who actually know what they are doing! You can disagree with some of their positions, but goodness me, you will give it to them! I live in such a society, not a backward Nigeria where people like you envy and want the development of the US, Canada, UK, etc but not the culture of leadership that brings such frontier society! People queue up at our embassies in Nigeria from 4 o'clock in the morning, had it been ours is a society like Nigeria, will you be dying at the embassy, even lying to the visa officer just to get a chance to come here? You are really too silly to not see that the retardeen is doing NOTHING given the resources at his disposal! With record oil prices, he has racked up $ 7 B+ in debt in for the federal government alone! The anti-corruption war is completely dead, when next did any thief even look the way of EFCC? Obasanjo negotiated and paid off Nigeria's debt by 2007 to 0 and now you and your children are on the hook for $ 7 B and you are happy? That is why you are a mumu-retardeen! Which SURE-P money? How much have you received? Where are the jobs? Is it not the economy that the shepopotamus Iweala recently cried cannot fund itself again? Is it not the same one that Sanusi and co. are saying a big slide is coming for the Naira, since it's artificial price can no longer be defended? Is it not the same country losing billions of dollars to oil bunkerers who the retardeen paid, neglecting out navy, to protect? I know foolishness lives in the brain of a lot of Nigerians who are yet to know the world is now in the 21 st Century!

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by texaco1: 4:58am On Jul 28, 2013
gej can be slow in taking decisive actions but very very ruthless when he finally take actions ,the only reason this man amaechi is feeling this way is that he knows that Mr president may not move against him now , because he wont want to over heat the polity and system, but he must realize that taking the silence of Mr President for cowardice will be the greatest mistake of his political career
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by nafiachi(m): 4:59am On Jul 28, 2013
They say when 2 elephants fight the grass suffers right, well I think the grass too is to blame for creating a smooth battle field, my advice to the grass should not be like old trafford grass but national stadium iganmu grass, if them born the elephants and hippos make them come fight anyhow na with dislocated ankles them go end with.
Nigerians let's not continue to encourage these rubbish but demand more from our elected servants.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by yetunsbay(m): 5:03am On Jul 28, 2013
cramjones:

I laugh in Japanese who cares about or even knows you...if you support him or not what does that change? Are you Dangote? Please just shut your tr+p of a mouth
haba! He only expresses his own view.
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by texaco1: 5:04am On Jul 28, 2013
yetunsbay: haba! He only expresses his own view.
in politics , there are times you need to keep quite and allow people to talk for you,this isnt the best time for ameachi to be talking or granting interviews like this . angry angry
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by Nobody: 5:09am On Jul 28, 2013
Sloan:

AMEN to your prayer to yourself! grin grin grin I am sure you've never lived in a developed society of really bright human beings, astute and sophisticated leaders who actually know what they are doing! You can disagree with some of their positions, but goodness me, you will give it to them! I live in such a society, not a backward Nigeria where people like you envy and want the development of the US, Canada, UK, etc but not the culture of leadership that brings such frontier society! People queue up at our embassies in Nigeria from 4 o'clock in the morning, had it been ours is a society like Nigeria, will you be dying at the embassy, even lying to the visa officer just to get a chance to come here? You are really too silly to not see that the retardeen is doing NOTHING given the resources at his disposal! With record oil prices, he has racked up $ 7 B+ in debt in for the federal government alone! The anti-corruption war is completely dead, when next did any thief even look the way of EFCC? Obasanjo negotiated and paid off Nigeria's debt by 2007 to 0 and now you and your children are on the hook for $ 7 B and you are happy? That is why you are a mumu-retardeen! Which SURE-P money? How much have you received? Where are the jobs? Is it not the economy that the shepopotamus Iweala recently cried cannot fund itself again? Is it not the same one that Sanusi and co. are saying a big slide is coming for the Naira, since it's artificial price can no longer be defended? Is it not the same country losing billions of dollars to oil bunkerers who the retardeen paid, neglecting out navy, to protect? I know foolishness lives in the brain of a lot of Nigerians who are yet to know the world is now in the 21 st Century!

God bless you! I live in the same or similar society as yours. I live in a society where members of the public meet politicians and scold them for not delivering on their promises. Last month in New Jersey, I saw where a young lady called snooky lambasted a whole Governor of New Jersey in the public and the Governor or his security aides could not do a thing to the girl. Could that happen in Nigeria? As a matter of fact, the Governor had to calm her down. Politicians worship us here and we have access to them whenever we need them. Such thing is not possible in Nigeria. Nigeria is a place where politicians are not accountable for their actions. SMH!

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by Wsdm: 5:18am On Jul 28, 2013
Willy4Willy:
Yorubas and Hausa/Fulanis are cheering him but he is digging his own grave. Ameshi should remember what Happen to Ken Wiwa, Yorubas and Hausa/Fulanis that cheered him was the same people that conspired and killed him.
These two ethnic groups you people call so easily on paper are the first and the second largest ethnic groups in the country, who's vote covertly( rigging) or overtly( fair play) make or mar any general election in Nigeria. So, some of you are not truly democratic when you say what ever you like against them especially when you are seeking for reelection. Clark and Jonathan are already retracting their blunders on this.
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by gbawee: 5:20am On Jul 28, 2013
I have said it many times and i will keep saying it, Amaechi might be eloquent or whatever but he IS NOT SMART. he needs to go watch the movie'GODFATHER' and master the mannerisms of Don Vito Corleone or Don Micheal Corleone. real men dont threaten, talk unnecessarily or blab. even GEJ has NOT UTTERED a word.
on a last note, as at last night, Amaechi's 'BACKERS'were meeting behind closed doors with the President. once they agree terms with the President, Amaechi becomes an Orphan.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by Wsdm: 5:27am On Jul 28, 2013
texaco1: gej can be slow in taking decisive actions but very very ruthless when he finally take actions ,the only reason this man amaechi is feeling this way is that he knows that Mr president may not move against him now , because he wont want to over heat the polity and system, but he must realize that taking the silence of Mr President for cowardice will be the greatest mistake of his political career
Which other way do you want the president to fight an incumbent governor? Haven't you seen what has happened to him from all angles in the past? I don't understand how a rational human can be supporting the most unpopular incumbent president in Nigerias history.
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by SirVee(m): 5:29am On Jul 28, 2013
excelkoms: Ayo Fayoshe, DSP Alameiseigha, J. Ibori etc hav all threaded in dis path b4 and dey neva came out clean frm it. In as much as we dnt d political tension in R/state, make dem tell dis man say, U CANNOT FIGHT D COMMANDER IN CHIEF OF THE ARMED FORCES.........

I really get worried about your types! Who has been ruffled the most in all of this? It is Amaechi! 1.His plane was harrased
2. The NGF election he won was not recognized by the oga at the top,
3. The Rivers State House of assemby show of shame - that has caused perpetual damage to those harrassing gov Amaechi - why do you think the dame is suing for peace? The whole world have watched that and shame is greatly on the sponsors of that shameful attempt! Bipi should be recalled by the good people he is supposed to represent!
4. The commissioner of police is not in tandem with the chief security officer of the State!
5. Only Chidi Lloyd has gone to the police - he didn't start the July 9 fracas in the Rivers House of Assembly! The other five are yet interrogated even with video evidence of Bipi claiming to have dished out blows!

Please people it is high time this country moves forward! The show of shame is just unbearable! Do not sell your sense of reason cheap!
Rotimi Amaechi has been pushed to the wall. He is an ELECTED governor (Patience Jonathan is not the governor of Rivers State! Amaechi is, and has proven his mettle in all ramifications)! He has delivered on many fronts! There was a governor from 1999 - 2007, he did nothing! That governor only donated to his cronies......!

We practice a democracy and all elected public officials should learn the tenets of democracy!

1 Like

Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by kaeto(m): 5:32am On Jul 28, 2013
True! The yorubas are working hard against GEJ, using every necessary tool to bring him down and amaechi is the tool they are using now. Be that as it may, i expect my yoruba brothers who are hier to noise making ancestors to always remember they have not made any president in Nigeria before and that whoever they support loses. MKO's case was different, all the regions made him. I mean look at all the people the yorubas supported in times past, they all failed. From awolowo, olu falaye, buhari in 2003, atiku in 2007, nuhu ribadu in 2011. The list is endless. They make good threats as well as political losers. Tinubu also knows he can't father an arrogant son like amaechi so why the hypocrisy? Its a pity amaechi's hands are not clean, with multi billion dollar refinery in ghana, investments littered all over the world, me think his wealth fuels his arrogance.
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by Maxymilliano(m): 5:33am On Jul 28, 2013
Word of advise ...

"We think he is the cause of some of these crises. If he wants to defect to the opposition, let him do so. He cannot continue to use the platform of PDP to hold the party to ransom and think there will be no crisis. Most of the people who are supporting him from the opposition will not tolerate this kind behaviour from any of their members."

Odumakin advised Amaechi to act in the interest of the people by either defecting or reconciling with the Presidency and the leadership of PDP.
... Yinka Odumakin
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by texaco1: 5:42am On Jul 28, 2013
kaeto: True! The yorubas are working hard against GEJ, using every necessary tool to bring him down and amaechi is the tool they are using now. Be that as it may, i expect my yoruba brothers who are hier to noise making ancestors to always remember they have not made any president in Nigeria before and that whoever they support loses. MKO's case was different, all the regions made him. I mean look at all the people the yorubas supported in times past, they all failed. From awolowo, olu falaye, buhari in 2003, atiku in 2007, nuhu ribadu in 2011. The list is endless. They make good threats as well as political losers. Tinubu also knows he can't father an arrogant son like amaechi so why the hypocrisy? Its a pity amaechi's hands are not clean, with multi billion dollar refinery in ghana, investments littered all over the world, me think his wealth fuels his arrogance.

pls don't bring ethnicity into this matter , how can you say the yorubas are supporting him ?even acn members have distanced themselves away from him ,Yorubas are matured politicians that knows when to fight and when to beat a retreat .most of the people advising him to go and make peace with the president or leave the party are yorubas , the point is he knows that the moment he leaves pdp he is finished , the very same reason atiku refused to leave pdp on time during obj time.
don't take tinubu statement on any national political issue as a general consensus statement from teh yorubas , tinubu is just a politician that is all

1 Like

Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by SirVee(m): 5:43am On Jul 28, 2013
kobikwelu: One thing i took away from this is that Amechi is too blind to see his own contradiction

The difference is that Nyesom Wike is 'fighting' Amaechi, and the ogas at the top are fighting Amaechi (evidences abound)! Do you now get it?
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by greatestman(m): 5:47am On Jul 28, 2013
fear anybody that conceal his or her hatred toward u Ameachi be careful Goodluck is matured Kudos to u.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Members Of National Assembly Facing Criminal Allegations - Premium Times / Nigerians Call For Arrest Of Amosun Over 1,000 AK47, 4 Million Bullets Stockpile / "Crowd At An APC Rally In Benue Demonstrates Tinubu's Dominance"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.