Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) (39855 Views)

Amaechi On 94.1FM Wazobia In Port Harcourt (photos) / Amaechi On Railway Inspection From Abuja To Kaduna (Photos) / Abacha's Daughter, Gumsu Mocks Amaechi On Instagram Over Buhari Appointment Snub (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by Alxmyr(m): 8:28am On Jul 28, 2013
payless:

God bless you! I live in the same or similar society as yours. I live in a society where members of the public meet politicians and scold them for not delivering on their promises. Last month in New Jersey, I saw where a young lady called snooky lambasted a whole Governor of New Jersey in the public and the Governor or his security aides could not do a thing to the girl. Could that happen in Nigeria? As a matter of fact, the Governor had to calm her down. Politicians worship us here and we have access to them whenever we need them. Such thing is not possible in Nigeria. Nigeria is a place where politicians are not accountable for their actions. SMH!

In Presidency of Nigeria today, people are encouraged to disagree with President. In fact right in front of GEJ, Oronsaye and Ribadu engaged in war of word, to the extent that Oronsaye lambasted President's directive. If you are familiar with House of Reps, you will know that they are always at logger head with the president, and nothing does happen. Nigeria is not a jungle as some of you living in US want to paint it.
recently, a senator voted on Child marriage, his constituency summoned him and scolded him sore, he wept and has to plead.

However, if the lady you talked about did that to your Amaechi, his security details will deal ruthlessly with her and her father will lose the C of O of his house.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by sultanemerald(m): 8:31am On Jul 28, 2013
SirVee:

Can you define African politics? Please desist from deception! You should know what affects you. And you should be ready to contribute positively to it.
I don't know which level you stopped your education, but there's what is called constructive criticism, and this brings out the best in you. The opposition should spur the govt in power to perform in order to keep them quiet. In our case we see criticism as challenge.
If you were Rotimi Amaechi, what would you have done. Nigeria's democracy isn't a monarchy! GEJ is not our King! He BEGGED for our votes and we voted him in. I am sure Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi contributed in no small measures to get him elected in 2011. What right has Patience Jonathan got to tell the whole world that she's has been angry with the governor of her State for the past four years? Is this what you call African democracy? Please stop embarrassing yourself!
When you watch Barack Obama and Mitchel Obama speak aren't you moved? These two have forever made the black race proud! And for you information, Barack Obama is African! His father is Kenyan.
I urge all nairalanders to contribute positively in this forum. We should not allow online forums to be hijacked by people who aren't sure of what they are saying! But for the Rivers crisis we would not have seen / known the likes of Evans Bipi who are a desperate and willing (half-backd / unbaked) tool, who cannot even comport themselves / speak passable English, who call people 'jesus christ' and want to attain speakership / leadership by force and with the tacit support of some powerful hands.

It is high time we take true talk to our communities, to our streets and neighborhood to avoid a mistake in voting for credible leadership. I plead with the media to ensure that all those seeking for elective positions come out and debate and let the electorates properly assess them so that we can enjoy genuine democracy. God bless Nigeria

your head is correct. these have been my stance all along. we have people who cant think for themselves in this country. what is african politics? cant they see egypt and other countries in africa whom seek accountability and good governance from their leaders? most people here are blinded by tribalism and hear say. we like to celebrate mediocrity and nonsense in this nation.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by iyobs7(f): 8:31am On Jul 28, 2013
I will at this junction congratulate the office of the adviser to the President on issues relating to politics.
It goes to show that the President is really a listening President to have kept quiet to the insults being
thrown at him. Amaechi simply wants the President to respond to his comments and will not be surprised if
he arranged the interview with the Tv station just to seek the attention of Mr. President who is bothered with
more important things than trading words with a gov who instead of focusing on bettering his state, he is busy
crying foul because he wants to run as a President. Nigerians seem to forget that incumbency in Nigeria Politics
is a major determinant of who wins whether Obama comes and run against Jonathan.

Amaechi should stop granting interviews and let the good people that believe in him see the good he has done and
use that one to elect him.
Quietness is not foolishness and for those that are insulting GEJ and PEJ, please note that your parents before they exit this
earth will never smell where the foolish and stupid president and his shepopotamus of a wife has trod.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by dad007(m): 8:32am On Jul 28, 2013
nnacent: My brother, U dey see wetin i see...I cant believe it is the same Nigerians that are clamoring for good governance that are calling Amaechi names. Have you paused to wonder if this can happen in the US. think about it. Can political scheming get this bad and the general populace unitarily play along? NIGERIA IS CERTAINLY DOOMED. I GIVE UP.
ME TOO.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by Nobody: 8:34am On Jul 28, 2013
Alxmyr:

In Presidency of Nigeria today, people are encouraged to disagree with President. In fact right in front of GEJ, Oronsaye and Ribadu engaged in war of word, to the extent that Oronsaye lambasted President's directive. If you are familiar with House of Reps, you will know that they are always at logger head with the president, and nothing does happen. Nigeria is not a jungle as some of you living in US want to paint it.
recently, a senator voted on Child marriage, his constituency summoned him and scolded him sore, he wept and has to plead.

However, if the lady you talked about did that to your Amaechi, his security details will deal ruthlessly with her and her father will lose the C of O of his house.
If it wasn't a jungle, how could five lawmakers impeached a speaker out of 32 lawmakers? If it wasn't a jungle how could a President watch while his wife shut down a state for 11 days without recourse? The list goes on.....

1 Like

Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by EngrChris(m): 8:35am On Jul 28, 2013
Oyodebomide: To be very honest with all my south south brothers i dont like gej, i hate him with my last blood. Ranging from the cunning fuel subsidy and all of that am very much dissappointed in him infact one of naija president that have remove fuel subsidy honestly i keep asking myself why did i vote for a clown like him.
fuel subsidy is still in ur head, mean u have a problem, as a person u can't develop n guess u have poor man mentality. because 9ja's us any disadvantage to dere own advantage, let me give u a tip, u can start selling fuel on on d street. Grow up u will succeed.
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by kennyeast(m): 8:38am On Jul 28, 2013
I used to think Nigerian leaders are the problem of Nigeria, now I know better. Nigerians are born slaves to their own leaders. Imagine somebody supporting the fact that an elected stat governor, should take instructions from the president and his wife, God forbid! Nigeria need more of Amechi to succeed. Jonathan should come come out and defend himself if he has a point. Tomorrow u fools saying Amechi should go and worship Jonathan, will be the one complaining that the country is bad. Nonsense!
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by sultanemerald(m): 8:40am On Jul 28, 2013
Alxmyr: In Presidency of Nigeria today, people are encouraged to disagree with President. In fact right in front of GEJ, Oronsaye and Ribadu engaged in war of word, to the extent that Oronsaye lambasted President's directive. If you are familiar with House of Reps, you will know that they are always at logger head with the president, and nothing does happen. Nigeria is not a jungle as some of you living in US want to paint it. recently, a senator voted on Child marriage, his constituency summoned him and scolded him sore, he wept and has to plead. However, if the lady you talked about did that to your Amaechi, his security details will deal ruthlessly with her and her father will lose the C of O of his house.

speculation. preposterous. ridiculous assertion.
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by nnacent(m): 8:44am On Jul 28, 2013
SirVee:

Can you define African politics? Please desist from deception! You should know what affects you. And you should be ready to contribute positively to it.
I don't know which level you stopped your education, but there's what is called constructive criticism, and this brings out the best in you. The opposition should spur the govt in power to perform in order to keep them quiet. In our case we see criticism as challenge.
If you were Rotimi Amaechi, what would you have done. Nigeria's democracy isn't a monarchy! GEJ is not our King! He BEGGED for our votes and we voted him in. I am sure Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi contributed in no small measures to get him elected in 2011. What right has Patience Jonathan got to tell the whole world that she's has been angry with the governor of her State for the past four years? Is this what you call African democracy? Please stop embarrassing yourself!
When you watch Barack Obama and Mitchel Obama speak aren't you moved? These two have forever made the black race proud! And for you information, Barack Obama is African! His father is Kenyan.
I urge all nairalanders to contribute positively in this forum. We should not allow online forums to be hijacked by people who aren't sure of what they are saying! But for the Rivers crisis we would not have seen / known the likes of Evans Bipi who are a desperate and willing (half-backd / unbaked) tool, who cannot even comport themselves / speak passable English, who call people 'jesus christ' and want to attain speakership / leadership by force and with the tacit support of some powerful hands.

It is high time we take true talk to our communities, to our streets and neighborhood to avoid a mistake in voting for credible leadership. I plead with the media to ensure that all those seeking for elective positions come out and debate and let the electorates properly assess them so that we can enjoy genuine democracy. God bless Nigeria
There is a glimmer of hope if u are a Nigerian.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by BrosG: 8:46am On Jul 28, 2013
I like this man. Why do some peopl think he is a. Fool?
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by BrosG: 8:48am On Jul 28, 2013
THIS IS THE MINDSET THAT WILL GIVE BIRTH TO THE NIGERIA WE HAVE BEEN DREAMING OF. I LIKE THIS GUY ONE KAIN

1 Like

Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by kennyeast(m): 8:49am On Jul 28, 2013
SirVee:

for the sake of few Nigerians like u, God will deliver this country from the slaves and their masters.
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by naijatruth: 8:51am On Jul 28, 2013
Baba_Eleko: GEJ is the greatest mistake of this country.
So as your FATHER, the WORST mistake of creature.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by Nobody: 8:52am On Jul 28, 2013
dad007: If you have nothing to say,just shaaaaat up.Does it mean bcus she has being in politice for so long,that now eventually make her more powerful than an elected state governor? People like you, unmmmmh!

I will shaataap sir,

but I fail to understand you people, in one breadth u say pej should not and has no right to blast a Gov, in the same breadth I hear of a girl blasting a gov in America.

from d same mouths I hear dat Gej has no right to stop amaechie, and the same amaechie says he will stop wike,

from wat I have gathered so far you all have no stake in rivers, but are only speaking for ur benefits, whatever it is.

the end justify the means, there are many camps in rivers, which includes pej,s camp, even though she is just a house wife, amaechi,s camp is just one, and in loggerhead with all the other camps, we shall see how he's camp will succeed, no doubt he is raising support from outside rivers, and from the opposition, that portrays a serious weakness.
at the end of the day, only the rivers people will decide.

silence they say is Golden.

underestimation, has always been Gej,s powerful weapon, it will come to the fore again, and again.
then we shall see, who? truly the fools are.

I wish amaechi well.
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by Nobody: 8:54am On Jul 28, 2013
phlamingboy: Empty vessels makes louder noise..he should jis kip quiet and concentrate in governing his people
Why not pay attention to the points he raised and dispute or agree with them with valid reasons ?
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by Alxmyr(m): 8:57am On Jul 28, 2013
payless: Even in the US, we have governors and and senators who criticize and lambast Obama all the time without Obama trying to persecute them. Obama is the head of Democratic Party and members of his party disagree with him on a lot of issues. Yet, Obama has no right or power to hound them around like Jonathan and his aides doing. Amaechi is being pushed around by Patience and Jonathan but Amaechi won't have any of it. That is the beauty of democracy.

We are not practicing monarchical system of government. So, Jonathan is neither a king nor emperor.

Amaechi is not the only governor in Nigeria that is against the president.

Aregbesola does not even go to Aso Rock. No one victimize him.
Fashola is always against GEJ policy and anyone he support initially, he will back down later. Nothing has happened to him.
Oshiomole criticise GEJ openly, no one is hounding him around.
Aliyu Babangida was against GEJ, Kwankwaso is another antagonist of GEJ. Sule Lamido and Sokoto governor are not hounded because they are against President.
The leadership of House of Reps are always at loggerhead with the President. Even the Speaker is more popular with opposition than Amaechi, yet no one is hounding him around, despite going directly against the wishes of the ruling party.

Don't just sit behind your computer and spew out information that are clearly incorrect

If you listen to the interview very well, you will notice that Amaechi could not give a particular instance in which President tried to dictate to him how to govern Rivers. Amaechi know what he is doing and he will soon achieve the result he wanted.

You are aware that there is a pending case in court against the tenure of his administration. If he can't beg those he offended in Rivers to withdraw the case against him, then he should be able to blackmail the President and ended up saying the president used judiciary to remove him.
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by Nobody: 8:59am On Jul 28, 2013
Baba_Eleko: GEJ is the greatest mistake of this country.
I disagree. The greatest mistake of this country, is discovering crude oil the time we did.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by INNARMORATA: 9:01am On Jul 28, 2013
Plz how do I download/play youtubes coz my phone can't seem to play d video
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by Nobody: 9:01am On Jul 28, 2013
naijatruth: So as your FATHER, the WORST mistake of creature.
If you've had good upbringing, you wouldn't mention someone's father. I guess you didn't.
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by texaco1: 9:01am On Jul 28, 2013
Alxmyr:

Fashola is always against GEJ policy and anyone he support initially, he will back down later. Nothing has happened to him.
Aliyu Babangida was against GEJ, Kwankwaso is another antagonist of GEJ. Sule Lamido and Sokoto governor are not hounded because they are against President.
The leadership of House of Reps are always at loggerhead with the President. Even the Speaker is more popular with opposition than Amaechi, yet no one is hounding him around, despite going directly against the wishes of the ruling party.

Don't just sit behind your computer and spew out information that are clearly incorrect

If you listen to the interview very well, you will notice that Amaechi could not give a particular instance in which President tried to dictate to him how to govern Rivers. Amaechi know what he is doing and he will soon achieve the result he wanted.

You are aware that there is a pending case in court against the tenure of his administration. If he can't beg those he offended in Rivers to withdraw the case against him, then he should be able to blackmail the President and ended up saying the president used judiciary to remove him.
Leave them,those people you are arguing with don't know anything about politics ,when amaechi is been punished let them go to court and support him.by the time amaechi start dancing azonto to this music he is making we shall all see.
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by nnacent(m): 9:03am On Jul 28, 2013
iyobs7: I will at this junction congratulate the office of the adviser to the President on issues relating to politics.
It goes to show that the President is really a listening President to have kept quiet to the insults being
thrown at him. Amaechi simply wants the President to respond to his comments and will not be surprised if
he arranged the interview with the Tv station just to seek the attention of Mr. President who is bothered with
more important things than trading words with a gov who instead of focusing on bettering his state, he is busy
crying foul because he wants to run as a President. Nigerians seem to forget that incumbency in Nigeria Politics
is a major determinant of who wins whether Obama comes and run against Jonathan.

Amaechi should stop granting interviews and let the good people that believe in him see the good he has done and
use that one to elect him.
Quietness is not foolishness and for those that are insulting GEJ and PEJ, please note that your parents before they exit this
earth will never smell where the foolish and stupid president and his shepopotamus of a wife has trod.

Too bad, many people in Nigeria with ur ideology has kept d country in its sorry state. In d words of a great man, "evil thrive when good people keep quiet". Im sure u are one of dose who chided people for mocking "oga at the top". Now listen and listen well. That Goodluck and his family are ruling Nigeria now is no reason why i should want myself or any member of my family to b like him. If we continue to applaud mediocrity and sentimentalism, Nigeria with remain a laughing stock among nations. I am also sure u are one of those who complain d most a d sight of symtoms of bad governance e.g bad roads, no light, no work etc. My brother think straight!!!
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by Alxmyr(m): 9:05am On Jul 28, 2013
payless: If it wasn't a jungle, how could five lawmakers impeached a speaker out of 32 lawmakers? If it wasn't a jungle how could a President watch while his wife shut down a state for 11 days without recourse? The list goes on.....

What instrument does she used to shut down the state?
You just sit in US and believe everything you read on Nairaland and Sahara Reporters.

Just like every clime political problem arises. And political problems are resolved through either court of law or through consensus. What happened in Rivers Assembly is political. The same happened in Ogun state before, between former president and the governor. It was resolved. That does not make Nigeria a jungle.
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by teetee123: 9:06am On Jul 28, 2013
kaeto: True! The yorubas are working hard against GEJ, using every necessary tool to bring him down and amaechi is the tool they are using now. Be that as it may, i expect my yoruba brothers who are hier to noise making ancestors to always remember they have not made any president in Nigeria before and that whoever they support loses. MKO's case was different, all the regions made him. I mean look at all the people the yorubas supported in times past, they all failed. From awolowo, olu falaye, buhari in 2003, atiku in 2007, nuhu ribadu in 2011. The list is endless. They make good threats as well as political losers. Tinubu also knows he can't father an arrogant son like amaechi so why the hypocrisy? Its a pity amaechi's hands are not clean, with multi billion dollar refinery in ghana, investments littered all over the world, me think his wealth fuels his arrogance.

I think you much be very stuwpid* and immature to have brought in ethnicity here. If you don't know history , I advised you to go and do research and know the voting pattern of Nigerians.
Yorubas has only one voting pattern and they vote enmass for a particular person once they believe in you, not because of your ethnicity or money. They voted against OBJ in 1999, voted for him in 2003, voted for Yaradua in 2007 and GEJ in 2011.
Where did you get your own statistics from? You are just blinded by ethnic loyalty ,stuwpidity and ignorance to see and acknowledge the fact. Yorubas don't support blindly, if Tinubu mess up tomorrow ,they will vote against him, they did it in 1990 in Lagos.
In your own word, Yorubas are the one responsible for the Rivers face off. You better wake up
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by mooregan(m): 9:10am On Jul 28, 2013
SirVee:

One Ministerial appointment to you and de topic go change.
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by texaco1: 9:11am On Jul 28, 2013
Amaechi knows better than all those foools who say that they are in usa and are typing rubbish,it is sad that most ppl on nairaland type before thinking.
Anyway amaechi has seen reason and has started doing the right thing

https://www.nairaland.com/1375354/amechi-finally-meets-president-jonathan
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by TechyGuy: 9:12am On Jul 28, 2013
Amaechi thinks he's smart but he is very naive.
Asked if he is a member of APC and his answer is to show evidence.
He is done with, even the opposition will not allow this kind of person in their midst.
He is an obvious tool in the hands of the opposition and the only one that does not know.

I feel he knows he's done for. I just hope it doesn't come to the point where he CANT EVEN LIVE IN NIGER DELTA ANY MORE.
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by chimchim1(m): 9:13am On Jul 28, 2013
Wen d President, Jonathan or GeJ abi Na PeJ self who is our president bring himself so low every commoner will insult him. Amechi is doing d right thing. Jonathan should make himself worth our votes by doing his good job Å̝Ω̴̩̩ϑ not by using powers Å̝Ω̴̩̩ϑ fighting wt a Gov like. He's bin stupid in his actions. Let us vote for gud people instead of party cos d parties aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥ not taking us anywhere we should also 4get regional politics Å̝Ω̴̩̩ϑ vote for gud people from any part of d country. Dtz М♈̷̴̩ advice.
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by texaco1: 9:14am On Jul 28, 2013
mooregan:

One Ministerial appointment to you and de topic go change.
Don't mind that guy wey dey ikeja come here come dey form say he dey usa .nairaland is where every nobody pretends to be somebody
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by texaco1: 9:16am On Jul 28, 2013
TechyGuy: Amaechi thinks he's smart but he is very naive.
Asked if he is a member of APC and his answer is to show evidence.
He is done with, even the opposition will not allow this kind of person in their midst.
He is an obvious tool in the hands of the opposition and the only one that does not know.

I feel he knows he's done for. I just hope it doesn't come to the point where he CANT EVEN LIVE IN NIGER DELTA ANY MORE.
He has started peace meetings with the president
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by nnacent(m): 9:17am On Jul 28, 2013
texaco1: Amaechi knows better than all those foools who say that they are in usa and are typing rubbish,it is sad that most ppl on nairaland type before thinking.
Anyway amaechi has seen reason and has started doing the right thing

But he said he was going to do dat on friday. My broda dont settle for d status quo, however long it have remained. stand and die for sometin for posterity sake. we will all die anyway.
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by texaco1: 9:19am On Jul 28, 2013
nnacent: But he said he was going to do dat on friday. My broda dont settle for d status quo, however long it have remained. stand and die for sometin for posterity sake. we will all die anyway.
Like the way abiola died ,abi?ok amaechi will listen to your advise
Re: Amaechi On Face-off With President Jonathan (Video) by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 28, 2013
Alxmyr:

Just trying to reason along with you....
- Amaechi is not the only politician antagonizing GEJ - How many of them are from Niger Delta and in the PDP ?
- If you listen to the interview very well, you will notice that Amaechi could not give a particular instance in which
President tried to dictate to him how to govern Rivers. Amaechi know what he is doing and he will soon achieve the
result he wanted. - Did he really make such a claim in the interview ? I guess he only suggested that he's been
persecuted because of a perceived political ambition. He only mentioned Patience's name while discussing the issue
of interference.

- Case against Amaechi's term - He's already 2 years into his second term and the case is still being prepared. When
the details of the case hits the press, people will decide what to think. That sounds diversionary at this stage..

I will advice that we try to look at the chain of events pre-NGF election and establish a pattern before asking questions about who is behind this and what is their intention.

I've concluded that the possibility of Amaechi nursing a presidential ambition is very close to 100% but I believe the electorate should be left to decide his fate. This whole chain of events - Aircraft (aeroplane and helicopter) seizure, refusal of the government to help with the syringe factory (in the face of teaming unemployment in the country), the claims by Patience Jonathan (on air) about the reason she's not happy with Amaechi, the funny impeachment plot, etc - are increasing his popularity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

About One-Third Of Nigeria’s Ministers Attended Same University / Police Shoot At Shiite Protesters In Abuja, One Killed (Disturbing Photos) / Lady Blocked By President Buhari's Twitter Account (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.