Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,908 members, 7,821,155 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Construction Diary Of A Semi Detached Bungalow At Ikorodu - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Diary Of A Semi Detached Bungalow At Ikorodu (32732 Views)

Construction Diary: Building a Duplex on the Rocks. / Construction Diary: 100-seater Lecture Theatre / Construction Diary Of A Block Of 6 Flats (2 Bedrooms) In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Diary Of A Semi Detached Bungalow At Ikorodu by mufutau55(m): 9:21pm On Jul 30, 2013
Aventures: the proposed internal fencing to create privacy for the main bldg

So, there is no linkage between the two Flats at all? I would have put another iron door on the fence by the main buidling where the car is park in front..

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Construction Diary Of A Semi Detached Bungalow At Ikorodu by Aventures(m): 10:24pm On Jul 30, 2013
mufutau55:

So, there is no linkage between the two Flats at all? I would have put another iron door on the fence by the main buidling where the car is park in front..

Hajji Mufutau
we intend to use Glass block around that area, but i am having a second thought we might consider burglary cos of ventilation.
Re: Construction Diary Of A Semi Detached Bungalow At Ikorodu by mufutau55(m): 11:27pm On Jul 30, 2013
Aventures:
we intend to use Glass block around that area, but i am having a second thought we might consider burglary cos of ventilation.

My point is that, if the owner is not around and the guy in the 2 bedrooms is supposed to be taking-care of the house
how is he gonna know what is going on unless he actually and physically goes to open the front gate to check.. I don't
think I like that.. there should access to two the flats internally without going out of one to the other.
Even the glass block may not be well visible to see what is going on in the main flat. But for total privacy, your option is the better one..
Think about it more.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Construction Diary Of A Semi Detached Bungalow At Ikorodu by Aventures(m): 6:01am On Aug 14, 2013
Sorry folks, i had some challenges updating this regularly. Firstly the Internet modem issue. we also dashed out to attend to some of our ongoing project especially the one at Arepo, we are presently working on some things wish i will share on the tread of the Arepo Project. Also we have to create time for The Master of Universe JESUS. We a week Long Convention at RCCG. It was awesome. To God be The Glory

1 Like

Re: Construction Diary Of A Semi Detached Bungalow At Ikorodu by Aventures(m): 6:03am On Aug 14, 2013
Now we are done with the foundation as planned, i will update several project pix that will speak for it self in quick succession and thereafter i will do cost update. Thanks for following.
Re: Construction Diary Of A Semi Detached Bungalow At Ikorodu by Aventures(m): 6:05am On Aug 14, 2013
Pix 1 Foundation concrete completed.
2. Fdn blocks arriving
3. fdn block commenced.

Re: Construction Diary Of A Semi Detached Bungalow At Ikorodu by Aventures(m): 6:11am On Aug 14, 2013
1. distributions of blocks
2. fdn blocks partly completed
3. more view of the fdn block work

1 Share

Re: Construction Diary Of A Semi Detached Bungalow At Ikorodu by Aventures(m): 6:16am On Aug 14, 2013
1. Damp roof admixture (sycallyte) being added to the capping concrete mix.
2. Capping concrete in place to prevent dampness, used to perfect our floor level yet to come and to be used as reference point for measuring out our lintel level and other measuremnts
3.View of the capped area.
4. More view of the capped Area

1 Like

Re: Construction Diary Of A Semi Detached Bungalow At Ikorodu by Chekitaut: 10:18am On Aug 14, 2013
Granite prices range from
*N4,000-N4,670 per tonnage, depending on your location.
(*)Transport inclusive

Call:
Chekitaut Nig., & Co.
T: 08055545355, 08032887233, 08025392565
E: info.chekitaut@gmail.com
Re: Construction Diary Of A Semi Detached Bungalow At Ikorodu by mufutau55(m): 2:43pm On Aug 14, 2013
Aventures: 1. Damp roof admixture (sycallyte) being added to the capping concrete mix.
2. Capping concrete in place to prevent dampness, used to perfect our floor level yet to come and to be used as reference point for measuring out our lintel level and other measuremnts
3.View of the capped area.
4. More view of the capped Area

Good work Aventures.. keep it up. Nicely done.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Construction Diary Of A Semi Detached Bungalow At Ikorodu by thirdeye(m): 3:00pm On Aug 14, 2013
Good job.
Re: Construction Diary Of A Semi Detached Bungalow At Ikorodu by Aventures(m): 7:02pm On Aug 14, 2013
Our project at Arepo update will be uploaded on the tread (https://www.nairaland.com/738678/buildng-block-4-flat-framed) soonest.
Ongoing work are majorly external work, which include Generator house, drain, compound filling and interlocking pave, Inspection chamber
I will like to specifically share a detail onsite production process and cost.

Re: Construction Diary Of A Semi Detached Bungalow At Ikorodu by Aventures(m): 7:27pm On Aug 14, 2013
MATERIAL USED.
1. Blocks 1500 @ 150 = N 225,000
2. Granites(20tons) 1 @ 90,000 =N 90,000
3. sharp sand(10tons) 3 @ 28,000 =N 84,000
4. Planks 30 @ 1,000 =N 30,000
5. Nail (1/2 Bag) =N 3,000
6. Cement 80 @ 1,750 =N 140,000
Sum 1 =N 572,000
LABOUR
1. Clearing/uprooting/Settingout/Excavatiom = N 60,000
2. Foundation Blinding = N 40,000
3. Block Setting =N 85,000
4. Capping Concrete =N 15,000
5 Capentry =N 15,000
6. Bore Hole drilling =N 150,000
Sum 2 =N 365,000
TOTAL COST ==N= 937,000.00 K
Re: Construction Diary Of A Semi Detached Bungalow At Ikorodu by mufutau55(m): 8:17pm On Aug 14, 2013
Aventures: MATERIAL USED.
1. Blocks 1500 @ 150 = N 225,000
2. Granites(20tons) 1 @ 90,000 =N 90,000
3. sharp sand(10tons) 3 @ 28,000 =N 84,000
4. Planks 30 @ 1,000 =N 30,000
5. Nail (1/2 Bag) =N 3,000
6. Cement 80 @ 1,750 =N 140,000
Sum 1 =N 572,000
LABOUR
1. Clearing/uprooting/Settingout/Excavatiom = N 60,000
2. Foundation Blinding = N 40,000
3. Block Setting =N 85,000
4. Capping Concrete =N 15,000
5 Capentry =N 15,000
6. Bore Hole drilling =N 150,000
Sum 2 =N 365,000
TOTAL COST ==N= 937,000.00 K

The cost is not bad.. but this does not include Filling with Latrite sand yet, right?
What will be the cost of filling the foundation? Thanks.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Construction Diary Of A Semi Detached Bungalow At Ikorodu by Aventures(m): 7:25pm On Aug 15, 2013
mufutau55:

The cost is not bad.. but this does not include Filling with Latrite sand yet, right?
What will be the cost of filling the foundation? Thanks.

Hajji Mufutau
Yes the laterite filling sand not inclusive yet. We are budgeting about 15 trips of 10 tons of laterite which is being currently sold btw 11K and 12K in Ikorodu. Soonest we are doing this, once the client is ready.
Re: Construction Diary Of A Semi Detached Bungalow At Ikorodu by olubuffett: 10:33pm On Aug 15, 2013
I can see that there are no pillars used for this building, correct me if am wrong.
Re: Construction Diary Of A Semi Detached Bungalow At Ikorodu by mufutau55(m): 12:28am On Aug 16, 2013
olubuffett: I can see that there are no pillars used for this building, correct me if am wrong.

I guess because it's a bungalow. Some people don't use pillars.
In my Mens Quarters, I did not have any pillars instead I used 9inches block all around the house
and used 6inches for the inside partitions. And I have no intentions of raising it to Duplex in future.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Construction Diary Of A Semi Detached Bungalow At Ikorodu by kopell: 1:49am On Aug 16, 2013
Aventures My OGA @ THE TOP this budget is not bad DPC or foundation as you guys call it oh. Can these method or style be translate to other type of buildings that is not bungalow. I have this crazy Idea, with these your methods is it possible to lay beams on all around the foundation and pillars before casting to hold the load of the building without Germany floor on a dry or solid land.
Re: Construction Diary Of A Semi Detached Bungalow At Ikorodu by kunlekunle: 6:40am On Aug 16, 2013
good
Re: Construction Diary Of A Semi Detached Bungalow At Ikorodu by segcymoor(m): 7:16am On Aug 16, 2013
kopell: Aventures My OGA @ THE TOP this budget is not bad DPC or foundation as you guys call it oh. Can these method or style be translate to other type of buildings that is not bungalow. I have this crazy Idea, with these your methods is it possible to lay beams on all around the foundation and pillars before casting to hold the load of the building without Germany floor on a dry or solid land.

Very possible. As a matter of fact, I am doing my personal project like this and it is a Duplex.
....over to u Aventures
Re: Construction Diary Of A Semi Detached Bungalow At Ikorodu by Aventures(m): 3:18pm On Aug 16, 2013
@olubuffet this is just a bungallow and we do not have the intention of raising it, the foundation is filled solid and we are using 9 inches block externally and some critical wall internally. The lintel will be a ring beam. this is just adequate fro bungalow.
@Kopell Yes segcymore is right, and it is even the best where you have the height of your foundation block is more than five courses.
Re: Construction Diary Of A Semi Detached Bungalow At Ikorodu by kopell: 5:20pm On Aug 16, 2013
Aventures,Segcymore. Thanks you guys, I thought it was an crazy Idea. I always think of doing something different form what other do. I love to support creative Ideals. With these method and german floor, which of them is more economic viable in term of value and durability, or cost effective. My ideal is to get maximum quality at minimum
Cost without compromising safety. I 'll love to hear from professional guys like you.

1 Like

Re: Construction Diary Of A Semi Detached Bungalow At Ikorodu by segcymoor(m): 10:38pm On Aug 16, 2013
I assume u are building on dry land like myself. The beauty of this idea is that the more ur filling stay without Germany floor the better compacting and stronger ur floor.so u may adopt this method by just fill and do German floor later
Re: Construction Diary Of A Semi Detached Bungalow At Ikorodu by Sagewood: 4:55am On Aug 17, 2013
Nice job!
Re: Construction Diary Of A Semi Detached Bungalow At Ikorodu by Aventures(m): 7:26am On Aug 17, 2013
segcy.moor:
I assume u are building on dry land like myself. The beauty of this idea is that the more ur filling stay without Germany floor the better compacting and stronger ur floor.so u may adopt this method by just fill and do German floor later
Exactly what we planned to do here in the next phase of work, we are diging up the septic tank and soak away and we will use it to fill the foundation buy some more and spread it to the level, as works goes on it exposed to weather for natural compaction which is the beast.
Re: Construction Diary Of A Semi Detached Bungalow At Ikorodu by Aventures(m): 7:29am On Aug 17, 2013
Sagewood: Nice job!
Thanks
Re: Construction Diary Of A Semi Detached Bungalow At Ikorodu by Nobody: 7:40am On Aug 17, 2013
Good Job Bro!

Re: Construction Diary Of A Semi Detached Bungalow At Ikorodu by Aventures(m): 8:22pm On Aug 18, 2013
StainlessH: Good Job Bro!
tx bro
Re: Construction Diary Of A Semi Detached Bungalow At Ikorodu by Aventures(m): 6:39am On Sep 10, 2013
We had a little break after completing th foundation block and the capping. Work commenced recently with the foundation in filling, excavation of septic tank, and superstructure block setting.
The pictures speaks:
Re: Construction Diary Of A Semi Detached Bungalow At Ikorodu by Aventures(m): 6:43am On Sep 10, 2013
1 Excavated septic tank and soak away
2. Foundation filled with im[ported laterite sand and the excavated sand from septic tank.
3. Block setting commenced: laid on the capping on top of the foundation block
4. More view of Block setting ongoing.

Re: Construction Diary Of A Semi Detached Bungalow At Ikorodu by Aventures(m): 9:01pm On Sep 10, 2013
Block work raised to lintel level all round as at of today, more pix later, we sre alredy gathering momentum for lintel work to roof level. May God help us..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mark Zuckerberg Buys Neighbouring Houses For Privacy / Chinonso Uba's Ezeacho Hotel, House, Shops Burnt In Imo, 2 Feared Killed / The Collection Sample Of Stone Coated Roofing Tile For Your Building

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.