Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,796 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes (20390 Views)

Bad Condition Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Way Being Washed By Erosion (Pics) / Atiku Abubakar Hanging Out With His Daughter / Nkpor Express Way Anambra State About To Be Washed By Flood Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by olokfor: 8:04pm On Jul 27, 2013
The Lagos State Government on Saturday said it would seal up any building where residents displayed their clothes outside indiscriminately.
The state Commissioner for Environment, Mr Tunji Bello, gave the warning while speaking with newsmen shortly after monitoring the monthly sanitation exercise in Egbe-Idimu area of the state.

He said spreading of washed clothes on fences and frontage of buildings was becoming the norm in some parts of the state.
According to him, the practice constitutes a nuisance to the environment.
The commissioner also warned residents, who wash and spread their clothes on bridge railings on major roads to desist from such act, saying tough actions would be taken against erring persons.

“We are telling residents who wash and spread clothes on the streets, major highways and other places outside their homes to desist from the practice as it constitutes a great environmental nuisance.
“This is not good for our people and our state. We have directed the officials of the Lagos State Waste Management Agency (LAWMA) to pack those clothes as refuse wherever they see them.

“We will not hesitate to seal up buildings or houses outside of which compounds residents hang their clothes indiscriminately,“ Bello said.
He also urged the residents to create spaces within the confines of their homes to spread their clothes rather than doing so in places “not friendly to the environment.’’
The commissioner said that major roads and bridges were not the right places for the spreading of clothes, adding that those indulging in such practice were risking their lives.
Bello had earlier decried the erection of structures on flood plains and pipelines by residents of Egbe-Idimu.

He said that the situation was a major source of flooding and other disasters.
The commissioner urged the residents to remove such offending structures to ensure their safety.
He also said the state government would demolish the Orisumbare Cattle Market in the area and relocate the traders because it was erected on a drainage channel.

The commissioner urged those affected to show understanding on the government’s plan, saying that relocation of the market was to pave way for the planned drainage development project in the area.
The market leader, Mr Musibau Jolaosho, however, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) that the state government`s planned relocation of the market came as surprise to the traders.

He said that the market, which had the state government`s approval, had been in existence for over 20 years, serving other 36 markets in Alimosho Local Government area with beef.
“This place is actually one of the six approved abattoirs in the state. We are worried about the government`s plan, especially as we are about improving things in the market.

“But, if the state government still wants to carry out its plan, we can`t fight the government.
“But, we appeal that the government should immediately provide another place for us so that we can go on with our lives" he said

http://premiumtimesng.com/regional/141746-lagos-govt-moves-against-indiscriminate-hanging-of-washed-clothes.html
www.metronaija.com/lagos-state-moves-against-indiscriminate-hanging-of-washed-clothes/

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Bigcake: 8:10pm On Jul 27, 2013
Misplaced priorities. How will dat put food on d table for the common man?

20 Likes

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by plaindealer: 8:12pm On Jul 27, 2013
Good move..

About time...

6 Likes

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Tolexander: 8:21pm On Jul 27, 2013
He said spreading of washed
clothes on fences and frontage
of buildings was becoming the
norm in some parts of the state.
According to him, the practice
constitutes a nuisance to the
environment.
that is a very good move, most especially those ladies that hang those things that look like catapult and gobble outside!

9 Likes

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by lilytender: 8:23pm On Jul 27, 2013
This play is turning to madness. If LAWMA see your designer jeans, dem go pack am go dey wear for dem yard. Govt is legalising stealing. When this nonentity called Fashola deporter some of my Yoruba brothers to Osun and Oyo states and later some other ones to Onitsha, I knew his madness go soon show colour. I beg my brothers and sisters if you have only one jeans don't spread it outside to dry oooo so that someone will not walk naked and be packed and deported to Osun or Onitsha or Kano by Fashola. The guy is suffering fron naccissism and this is worse than megalomania which is dame patience's disease.

Musiwa! Musiwa!! Musiwa!!! I beg go help me pack my pata and singlet wey I dry for the front of baba Lasisi's house before Fashola send LAWMA to come steal them.

30 Likes

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by SLIDEwaxie(m): 8:42pm On Jul 27, 2013
undecided undecided undecided undecided
lily_tender: This play is turning to madness. If LAWMA see your designer jeans, dem go pack am go dey wear for dem yard. Govt is legalising stealing. When this nonentity called Fashola deporter some of my Yoruba brothers to Osun and Oyo states and later some other ones to Onitsha, I knew his madness go soon show colour. I beg my brothers and sisters if you have only one jeans don't spread it outside to dry oooo so that someone will not walk naked and be packed and deported to Osun or Onitsha or Kano by Fashola. The guy is suffering fron naccissism and this is worse than megalomania which is dame patience's disease.

Musiwa! Musiwa!! Musiwa!!! I beg go help me pack my pata and singlet wey I dry for the front of baba Lasisi's house before Fashola send LAWMA to come steal them.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by tpia5: 8:56pm On Jul 27, 2013
are lawma officials on nl?

some nlers are always complaining about seeing ladies' pant hanging outside, what do we infer from this?
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Acidosis(m): 8:58pm On Jul 27, 2013
Buhahahahahaha... This man has gone mad again grin grin

So you mean, I shouldn't hang my shirt on a fence I built with my money, not Fashola father's money!

Mehn... Blood go flow wella o... I go waste LASTMAN blood oo...

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by ifedun2: 8:58pm On Jul 27, 2013
Good for them;awon oloorun.Eko baje ti.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by FSU: 9:08pm On Jul 27, 2013
Lack of job for Fasola. Let's see how he will go to Lagos villages and interior suburbs and ask them not to hang their clothes outside.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by olabukola: 9:44pm On Jul 27, 2013
Is like Tinube want to start importing tumble dryer. Laff wan kill me.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by kettykin: 9:49pm On Jul 27, 2013
This is a bit more about the thoughtlessness in the lagos state seat of power. The first thing that would result from this is the increase in the number of people who were wet clothing to work and also the number of people who were unwashed clothes in lagos where it rains daily and very little sun shine.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by stevecantrell: 9:51pm On Jul 27, 2013
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by goldfish80(m): 11:23pm On Jul 27, 2013
From legislators fight/messing to legalizing child Marriage. Seems the silly season has caught up with Lagos.

Its been a roachy July in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by niggadee(m): 2:10am On Jul 28, 2013
fashola dey crazy

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Nobody: 2:12am On Jul 28, 2013
Lol what
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Nobody: 2:15am On Jul 28, 2013
Fashola tryna raise money from every possible means, half of which will still be looted at the end of the day!!!

6 Likes

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Caracta(f): 2:19am On Jul 28, 2013
Why do some Nigerians find it difficult to read? Did you even read the entire post at all? Did you read the part that says "spreading clothes on bridge railings on major roads..."? Keep them off the fences and frontage of buildings too.

Who cares if you spread your "rusted" boxers and smelly panties on your television? Just keep em off public places. Is that too much to ask? Keep your wet clothes in your compounds or around your house...there are cloth lines.

I saw a woman drying her wet clothes on cars packed outside a house. Is that normal? Gosh!

55 Likes

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by seedord247(m): 2:22am On Jul 28, 2013
lily_tender: This play is turning to madness. If LAWMA see your designer jeans, dem go pack am go dey wear for dem yard. Govt is legalising stealing. When this nonentity called Fashola deporter some of my Yoruba brothers to Osun and Oyo states and later some other ones to Onitsha, I knew his madness go soon show colour. I beg my brothers and sisters if you have only one jeans don't spread it outside to dry oooo so that someone will not walk naked and be packed and deported to Osun or Onitsha or Kano by Fashola. The guy is suffering fron naccissism and this is worse than megalomania which is dame patience's disease.

Bushwa undecided

Say "NO" to backwardness. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Caracta(f): 2:30am On Jul 28, 2013
The key word here is INIDISCRIMINATE!

Nigerians make noise about everything yet they don't want to do anything. Most of the people crying foul here have probably never visited Lagos.

Confused lots!

21 Likes

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by DeHero1: 2:31am On Jul 28, 2013
If u call this a wrong move, I wonder what can ever be right. If Nigerians stop complaining, d world will end.

11 Likes

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Nobody: 2:34am On Jul 28, 2013
LATIA coming soon...Lagos Toilet Inspection Agency.

Some people seem to have run out of ideas. So people who don't have 'compounds' should eat their clothes.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by PeterKbaba: 2:39am On Jul 28, 2013
Lagos is a city that as woken up to her senses that we can not allow Nigeria slow us down anymore... It is said by 2015, Lagos would be the 5th richest country in Africa with a population of 25Million. We have to start competing with places like South Africa or London sef.

Lagos is not a village,
I repeat: Lagos is not a village

20 Likes

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by niggadee(m): 2:42am On Jul 28, 2013
fashola is too obsessed with this western culture,mentality and gadget. we are african we need to keep it real like our forefather

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by babaowo: 2:47am On Jul 28, 2013
spread clothes on public places and go to jail! chikena, i dont have time to make noise!

5 Likes

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by manny4life(m): 3:01am On Jul 28, 2013
Whether anyone believes it or not, Fashola's govt is turning dictatorial.

10 Likes

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Nobody: 3:28am On Jul 28, 2013
Nonsense!
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by SammyT95(m): 3:31am On Jul 28, 2013

some nlers are always complaining about seeing ladies' pant hanging outside, what do we infer from this?r
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by SammyT95(m): 3:35am On Jul 28, 2013

some nlers are always complaining about seeing ladies' pant hanging outside, what do we infer from this?r cry
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by calcal: 3:35am On Jul 28, 2013
washing machine and dryer with imported electricity from SA - problem solve!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Rhino5dm: 3:42am On Jul 28, 2013
Well done!
If you can't obey the local laws then move back to your village.

9 Likes

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Mogidi: 3:44am On Jul 28, 2013
Trust frog eyed Tinubu to make money from this dictatorial move by his puppet Fashola.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Afenifere Adopted Jonathan – Pa Ayo Adebanjo / Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) / Fayose At PDP South-West Reconciliation Committee Meeting In Ekiti (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.