Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,580 members, 7,816,429 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:08 AM

Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes (20378 Views)

Bad Condition Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Way Being Washed By Erosion (Pics) / Atiku Abubakar Hanging Out With His Daughter / Nkpor Express Way Anambra State About To Be Washed By Flood Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by lovetterrison(m): 8:20am On Jul 28, 2013
niggadee: fashola is too obsessed with this western culture,mentality and gadget. we are african we need to keep it real like our forefather

Obsessed with western culture you're so delusional,what is your forefather's mentality? poverty and backwardness right?SMH
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by frederal(m): 8:20am On Jul 28, 2013
So with this Lagos will become like London? U shouldn't put cloth for ur own dommot...nawao! LAWMA packs clothes but they won't pack the black water gutter/drainage? Fashi, fashola...this one no follow

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by basilo101: 8:23am On Jul 28, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Save yourself the stress and move back to Asaba. Gone are the days when every toad will just wake up with a Ghana must bag and jumped into night bus, straight heading to the land of opportunities.

@bold:
Stop making yourself look stupíd. Do you have an idea what el rufia did in Abuja to get rid of miscreants? When el-rufia said Abuja is not meant for everybody was he lying?

Where were you in 2003? 2004 ?? 2005 ?? 2006 ?? When people are hunted down like wild animals in Abuja? where were you when el - rufia was tagged "the demolition man " to the extent of hosting Wesley Snipes in Abuja with a large billboard, designed with pictures of El-rufia and Wesley Snipes along the airport captioned "The Two Demolition Men"? Either you a lair, ignorant or just mischievous.

These same people crying more than the bereaved here, secretly wishes Lagos to be the most dirtiest city in Nigeria. Many of the toads crying here are secretly wishing the state to remain in squalor; they are happy anytime Lagos is referred to as the third worst city in the world.

Whether you LIKE IT OR NOT, whether you cry me a RIVER or cry me a LAGOON, whether you slit your throat or not, south west WILL, SHALL, and MUST progress.
una no dey tire 4 all dis "go back 2 ur village"? All d riots in Kano cnt evn drive ppl back 2 dia "village" e kum be ordinary mouth. Kip selling ur lands 4 owambe

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Nobody: 8:23am On Jul 28, 2013
ddeola:

Continue doing what you have been paid to do. It won't stop us from speaking our minds. That's sanity and normal
lol,unfortunatly for you i can never be bought.i will stand up for a better saner society not because of you or anybody but because i want my children to live in a cleaner,healthier and sane society,better than their mother's.i will never say our socierty is normal because the truth of the matter is that,it is not normal.in a developed megacity,industrial or human pollution should be nipped in the bud to its bearest minimum or at most eliminated,animals shouldnt even be seen loafing around streets,they should be in poultries far from residential areas including industries.thats a megacity i want for nigeria and my children.i want a society where people will behave luke normal,civil human beings not like savage animals.if all this nonsense is not curtailed,nigeria is fast degenerating into a state of nature.

Spreading clothes outside in public in the 21st centuty,please which developed society does that.is it not only africans and when someone proposes change,you are so adamant to change.smh.pathetic :/

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by emamos: 8:25am On Jul 28, 2013
Caracta: Why do some Nigerians find it difficult to read? Did you even read the entire post at all? Did you read the part that says "spreading clothes on bridge railings on major roads..."? Keep them off the fences and frontage of buildings too.

Who cares if you spread your "rusted" boxers and smelly panties on your television? Just keep em off public places. Is that too much to ask? Keep your wet clothes in your compounds or around your house...there are cloth lines.

I saw a woman drying her wet clothes on cars packed outside a house. Is that normal? Gosh!
SENSIBLE
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Nobody: 8:26am On Jul 28, 2013
sheyie2007: and who's job is it to check all the activities of the local govt?

The residents of that local government.
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 28, 2013
kulyie: rome was not built in a day moreover go to the chairman of your local government and ask him to account for the money appropriated to him for open drainages and environmental maintenance (thats if you come from that particular local government in lagos state) :/

at least people like me know where the money goes to.everything is fashola.abi because fashola is the governour of lagos,he will be in all the areas of lagos at the same time like he is omnipresent :/
telling landlords to paint their cribs or risk it being sealed by the government that shouldnt consume a year dude. sealing open drainages too..
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by clint77ng: 8:28am On Jul 28, 2013
Richfella: LATIA coming soon...Lagos Toilet Inspection Agency.

Some people seem to have run out of ideas. So people who don't have 'compounds' should eat their clothes.
Don't mind the idiots who sabi pass their God.
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by emamos: 8:28am On Jul 28, 2013
HNosegbe:

CORRECT
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 28, 2013
HNosegbe:

go to shomolu bariga local government / ipaja... residents have been complaining about bad roads...local govt is a chieftancy title dude
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by amacastel: 8:30am On Jul 28, 2013
Iyfe Namikaze:
U are mad,stupid and obviously a dirtypig! Must everything the govt do be about putting food on the table of the common man? Can't there be decency and cleanliness in this nation? Next thing you will be the same idiot posting pictuures of naija in 1970 and 2013, comparing it with dubai and the streets of edinburg(wrong spelling i guess). As if all those eyectaching and wonderful cities you see are all meant to give food to the common man. You cry for development,development is brought to you and you are complaining about food... If you are starving,then go get a job,if you can't find a job then startup an enterprenure business and let the govt do their job. Funny part is when the city becomes fine and beautiful now, this same olodo will be the 1st to take pictures with the caption ''the beauty of lagos'' and pasting it there on NL
. Well wot u ar saying is good hanging cloth on the highway and bridges is very bad and an eye soar bt for the development of a state Road help a lot in changing the face of a town cos I belive wen the road and every oda basic amenities are in place things wil normalise on it's own sha lagos is among the state that have the worst road network in the country yet fashola neglect it in problem solving approach need are prioritize that's y u count 1_ 10 not 10_ 1.let fashola fix lagos road even in the Island the road exterior are good u need to enter inside u will be highly disappointed.
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by wellmax(m): 8:32am On Jul 28, 2013
Good move or bad move, Lagos seems to be the only state working and making laws in Nigeria, other states just have figure head 'sidon look' commissioners.
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Nobody: 8:34am On Jul 28, 2013
basilo101:
una no dey tire 4 all dis "go back 2 ur village"? All d riots in Kano cnt evn drive ppl back 2 dia "village" e kum be ordinary mouth. Kip selling ur lands 4 owambe
unfortunatly for you fashola has illegalised awon omo onile who steal peoples land by force and sell it to omo nna's like you atokowabaleje. so na you know wetin you dey talk about.its such a pity that i was still a young girl in primary school when those awon omo onile were selling lands anyhow in alaba down to alaba rago.if i was where i am today, that time before military took over,i will have created institutional frameworks to stop it but the funny part of it is that the hooligans that sold the land to those omo ibos my father showed me are still in mile 2 with yellow uniforms chasing commercial busses for 2o naira and using the little money they have for paraga and marijuanna to wipe their sorrows away.they look so sorry.na them motor dey hit,they just die any how.some of them are even dead.anyway no matter what our works,violence or good works will live after us.imagine a 6o something year old man doing baba isale for touts after spending the money on owanmbe and ugly big chains and marrying wives and the kids are miscreants all over lagos because there is no more land to sell.last month,one of his teenage daughters from one of his wives was impregnated by one yougort hawker

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Chinwem(f): 8:34am On Jul 28, 2013
Not every house has its own compound or space for a washing line
And not every house has a drying machine if NEPA will allow you to operate it sef
He's just making things hard for people, he has to realise that this law/ order or whatever is just premature
Lagos is not ready to be London yet
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by pesty100(m): 8:35am On Jul 28, 2013
niggadee: fashola is too obsessed with this western culture,mentality and gadget. we are african we need to keep it real like our forefather
if we keep it real like our forefathers we wont move forward
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by naptu2: 8:35am On Jul 28, 2013
amacastel: . Well wot u ar saying is good spraying cloth on the highway and bridges in very bad and an eye soar bt for the decelopment of a state Road help a lot in changing the face of a town cos I belive wen the road and every oda basic amenities are in place things wil normalise on it's own sha lagos is among the state that have the worst road network in the country yet fashola neglect it in problem solving approach need are prioritize that's y u count 1_ 10 not 10_ 1.let fashola fix lagos road even in the Island the road exterior are good u need to enter inside u will be highly disappointed.

"Exterior roads" and "interior roads". This is the second time I've seen this kind of comment on nairaland. Last time someone said all the "exterior roads in Surulere have been done, but the interior roads are in bad shape.

Some roads are owned by the Federal Government, some roads are owned by the State Government and some roads are owned by the Local Government. Most of those "interior roads" are owned by the local government.
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Melancholy(m): 8:35am On Jul 28, 2013
Akon-Ghetto life
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Odunharry(m): 8:35am On Jul 28, 2013
i dy laff for ds 1 o...let dm go to d barracks and tell dem..

Abeg if u dy work lawma no try go barrack o,except u work don taya u..
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by dabossman(m): 8:39am On Jul 28, 2013
Bigcake: Misplaced priorities. How will dat put food on d table for the common man?
Duh! Is the ministry for the environment now responsible for providing food? They are doing their job. Direct your beef to the relevant agency.

Meanwhile, Iya Sukura quick go comot that ur catapult from main road o. I can't shout o!
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Bigcake: 8:40am On Jul 28, 2013
Caracta: Why do some Nigerians find it difficult to read? Did you even read the entire post at all? Did you read the part that says "spreading clothes on bridge railings on major roads..."? Keep them off the fences and frontage of buildings too.

Who cares if you spread your "rusted" boxers and smelly panties on your television? Just keep em off public places. Is that too much to ask? Keep your wet clothes in your compounds or around your house...there are cloth lines.

I saw a woman drying her wet clothes on cars packed outside a house. Is that normal? Gosh!
Nonsense, is dat the only ting govt can see? Cant they see bad roads n dilapidated schools begging for atention?
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Delaw135: 8:41am On Jul 28, 2013
Acidosis:

All these people shouting Lagos this, Lagos that have probably never travelled out of Lagos to other cities..

The neatest place in Lagos is not 'as clean' as the dirtiest place in some Minor cities like Asaba grin

Misplaced priorities..

When people run out of ideas, they think negatively. grin

Must everything be enforced? Are Lagosians adamant agbero animals? Whats wrong with public awareness and enlightment? Must everything be signed into law?
I bet this man has twice the laws in Nigeria 1999 constitution grin

Abuja do not even have a "Governor", yet organised and well coordinated city.

Enforcement this, enforcement that makes the people in the city look like animals..
. It is obvious that u can't see beyond ur nose, wake up. The population of Lagos can't be compared to any other states in Nigeria, things are more complicated in Lagos than other places, Mr governor is right abt this, how will a city look like,when everybody is spreading cloths on a public places including bridge railing?
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by naptu2: 8:42am On Jul 28, 2013
Chinwem: Not every house has its own compound or space for a washing line
And not every house has a drying machine if NEPA will allow you to operate it sef
He's just making things hard for people, he has to realise that this law/ order or whatever is just premature

Now you are getting close to the meat of the matter.

In the 1970s and early 1980s the Lagos Island Local Government aggressively towed away cars that were illegally parked on the road side (especially on Broad and Marina Streets). Owners of buildings in the area were forced to create car parks within their premises. Take a look at the buildings in the area. NECOM House, Freeman House, Kontagora House, etc have car parks on the first or second floor.

Landlords and owners of properties across Lagos must create an area within their compound where they'll dry their laundry. The idea of hanging clothes on bridge railings, parked cars, etc is simply insane! Residents associations across the state should hold meetings and ensure that owners of buildings provide such facilities, rather than criticising the government for trying to restore sanity in the state.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Youngzedd(m): 8:43am On Jul 28, 2013
Good move to me.

I love Fashola. Lasgidi must change for good.
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 28, 2013
A man whose house is on fire, and yet he is busy chasing rats. This Fashola and his entire cabinet are a bunch of misguided, despotic, and utterly senseless people. I understand discouraging hanging of clothes on PUBLIC infrastructure such as bridges, rail lines, and so on, but how dare the foolish government criminalise the hanging of clothes in PRIVATE spaces within one's residence (e.g. on my balcony), even if such spaces are visible to passers-by? How and why should that be criminal in a place like Lagos with myriad more important challenges?

For a commissioner of environment, has he finished worrying about more important issues such as poor drainage and flooding that is making life miserable for millions of Lagosians?

Look, in a dysfunctional, poverty-stricken, backward Third-World hell-hole like Lagos, there are far more serious governance issues that the government must tackle, but then, it has long been established that LASG is not a serious government. You can't be more interested in outward appearances than in underlying form. If New York or Tokyo are modern mega cities, it is not necesarily because they 'look' modern, but mainly because, first and foremost, THINGS WORK!!! Fashola needs to get this into his thick, dictatorial skull. Get things to work FIRST, and quit fussing over little, relatively inconsequential things like an ill-mannered bïtch with acute PMS. Rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by duni04(m): 8:45am On Jul 28, 2013
That commissioner is mad! I'll deliberately spread my clothes outside and wait for the i-diot that'll come and seal my house. I'll sue their stinking corrupt asses to court. I-diots with no priorities angry
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Aderostock(m): 8:46am On Jul 28, 2013
Fashola is the best, normal, most intelligent, well- cultured and visionary leader we have in this abnormal country called Nigeria.
I love you sir!
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by ibkgab001: 8:47am On Jul 28, 2013
I can hear youu LOUD and CLEAR overrrrr!!!
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by naptu2: 8:48am On Jul 28, 2013
Odunharry: i dy laff for ds 1 o...let dm go to d barracks and tell dem..

Abeg if u dy work lawma no try go barrack o,except u work don taya u..

That means that you've not been following events in Lagos. Back in the day residents of the police barracks at Falomo engaged in street trading. The Tinubu Administration often sent officials to enforce the law against street trading, but the policemen will get violent and beat up the officials.

The LASG simply reported the matter to the Inspector General of Police. They asked the IG why army barracks often look decent, while police barracks look like pigstys.

The IG ensured that a police shopping complex was built at Falomo and sent men from the Police Provost's office to enforce the law against street trading.

When army officers broke the BRT rule, didn't the GOC send military policemen to arrest them?
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Youngzedd(m): 8:49am On Jul 28, 2013
Chinwem: Not every house has its own compound or space for a washing line
Worst thing to hear this early morning.

When will Lagos get ready?
Fashola knows that his people (those that claim to own Lagos) aren't ready for change and that is why He force things to be in order.

#FasholaFans
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Aderostock(m): 8:53am On Jul 28, 2013
The 21 century Governor. A thinking Governor. you are the only Governor that has vision.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Edo 2020: Obaseki Sacks Commissioners / UN Report On Violent Conflicts In Nigeria Disappointing –presidency / Ngige Visits Properties Destroyed By Hoodlums In Anambra; Pledges Support (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.