Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,643 members, 7,816,644 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes (20380 Views)

Bad Condition Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Way Being Washed By Erosion (Pics) / Atiku Abubakar Hanging Out With His Daughter / Nkpor Express Way Anambra State About To Be Washed By Flood Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Nobody: 7:04am On Jul 28, 2013
they should seal unpainted cribs... seal the exposed gutters..until then i'll commend fashola....go check the sky view of bariga, shomolu and oworo, its eyesore
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Nobody: 7:04am On Jul 28, 2013
Most times, d indiscriminately hang clothes are female pants and the sight can be very disgusting. Imagine that in a general compound.
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Ishilove: 7:04am On Jul 28, 2013
naptu2:

Please click on this link to see what the government is doing to put food on the table for the common man. https://www.nairaland.com/1373045/fashola-largasses-road-ibo-hawkers
I just can't get over 'large asses' undecided
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by IyfeNamikaze(m): 7:05am On Jul 28, 2013
Bigcake: Misplaced priorities. How will dat put food on d table for the common man?
Must everything the govt do be about putting food on the table of the common man? Can't there be decency and cleanliness in this nation? Next thing you will be the same idiot posting pictuures of naija in 1970 and 2013, comparing it with dubai and the streets of edinburg(wrong spelling i guess). As if all those eyectaching and wonderful cities you see are all meant to give food to the common man. You cry for development,development is brought to you and you are complaining about food... If you are starving,then go get a job,if you can't find a job then startup an enterprenure business and let the govt do their job. Funny part is when the city becomes fine and beautiful now, this same olodo will be the 1st to take pictures with the caption ''the beauty of lagos'' and pasting it there on NL

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Nobody: 7:12am On Jul 28, 2013
niggadee: fashola is too obsessed with this western culture,mentality and gadget. we are african we need to keep it real like our forefather
backwardness and babarism :/

the world is developing and leaving africa behind in the scheme of things especially in environmental abuse and degradation yet someone is talking about 'we are africans,we have to keep it real.is primitive behavious african.you can get a hanger stand where you dry your clothes without leaving it outside or spreading it in public places.lagos is not a village,it is a megacity hence it has to look like one.i have never dried my clothes outside since i was old enough to wash my clothe myself.my mom has never liked the idea,neither do i.we spread our clothes in the corridor where air comes in on the hanger stand.seriously we really need to get out of all this our gross behaviour.its very abnormal.when you travel to europe or america and spend just 3 months and you come back,you will know that many things are not norml with our environment and we dont realise it because we are used to a filthy environment that is polluted with all manners of gas emissions and dangerous toxic.jeez.smh

4 Likes

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by naptu2: 7:15am On Jul 28, 2013
Ishilove:

grin
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by slimfit1(m): 7:15am On Jul 28, 2013
Bigcake: Misplaced priorities. How will dat put food on d table for the common man?

It's not a misplaced priority, it s the right person giving instructions. If it was commissioner of finance then it's misplaced priority get it right. A government or state are not there just to commission roads, they are there to enforce laws. A society where people just do what ever they like is not a good society. Please think carefully before you use the wrong word for a good intention. That is the way it's done in a normal society.
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Nobody: 7:16am On Jul 28, 2013
Iyfe Namikaze:
U are mad,stupid and obviously a dirtypig! Must everything the govt do be about putting food on the table of the common man? Can't there be decency and cleanliness in this nation? Next thing you will be the same idiot posting pictuures of naija in 1970 and 2013, comparing it with dubai and the streets of edinburg(wrong spelling i guess). As if all those eyectaching and wonderful cities you see are all meant to give food to the common man. You cry for development,development is brought to you and you are complaining about food... If you are starving,then go get a job,if you can't find a job then startup an enterprenure business and let the govt do their job. Funny part is when the city becomes fine and beautiful now, this same olodo will be the 1st to take pictures with the caption ''the beauty of lagos'' and pasting it there on NL
no mind the bush meat.na them them dey call 'atokowabaleje'.all the nonsense them dey do for lagos,them no fit do am for their village,them go come lagos con dey behave like animal
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Nobody: 7:18am On Jul 28, 2013
slim fit :

It's not a misplaced priority, it s the right person giving instructions. If it was commissioner of finance then it's misplaced priority get it right. A government or state are not there just to commission roads, they are there to enforce laws. A society where people just do what ever they like is not a good society. Please think carefully before you use the wrong word for a good intention. That is the way it's done in a normal society.
exactly
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by slimfit1(m): 7:19am On Jul 28, 2013
Sijo01:

Lagos, 5th richest country in Africa by 2015 Incredible! Am I still current at all, I never knew Lagos has been planning on autonomy and has been granted power to do same in 2015......... So if I wan enta eko from 2015, I go need visa....... Bros, abeg yan me tori.

What are you on about, you sound like a bush man.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Nobody: 7:20am On Jul 28, 2013
Ishilove:
very funny :/
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Nobody: 7:22am On Jul 28, 2013
slim fit :

What are you on about, you sound like a bush man.
when you see bush meat,you dont need to be told,by their fruits you shall know them
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Nobody: 7:25am On Jul 28, 2013
RedBenson: Most times, d indiscriminately hang clothes are female pants and the sight can be very disgusting. Imagine that in a general compound.
that one is common among face me i face you house,even in flats sef but those in flats are a little reasonable,they still hang it within their compounds and lock their gates
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Nobody: 7:30am On Jul 28, 2013
sheyie2007: they should seal unpainted cribs... seal the exposed gutters..until then i'll commend fashola....go check the sky view of bariga, shomolu and oworo, its eyesore
rome was not built in a day moreover go to the chairman of your local government and ask him to account for the money appropriated to him for open drainages and environmental maintenance (thats if you come from that particular local government in lagos state) :/

at least people like me know where the money goes to.everything is fashola.abi because fashola is the governour of lagos,he will be in all the areas of lagos at the same time like he is omnipresent :/

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by ddeola: 7:31am On Jul 28, 2013
This is CRAZY ! Let's speak the truth when we have to. How does hanging washed clothes affect the economy of the state. Fashola is absolutely wrong on this. He should be objective in his policies. These guys have become lazy doing nothing but sharing money if not I don't see how they will ignore the challenges the people are facing and start talking about stuffs that are irrelevant to the government and governance. Fashola, please wake up from your slumber and work smart

4 Likes

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Nobody: 7:34am On Jul 28, 2013
De-Hero:

My fore fathers either wore animal skin or nothing... and they don't dry them outside.
if you want to claim your fore fathers or want to copy their ways,i expect you to dress in animal skin clothing,live inside huts made of bamboo trees,dont use a phone,electricity,laptop,tv or radio,go to the farm,come back and sleep on a mat :/

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Nobody: 7:37am On Jul 28, 2013
ddeola: This is CRAZY ! Let's speak the truth when we have to. How does hanging washed clothes affect the economy of the state. Fashola is absolutely wrong on this. He should be objective in his policies
hanging of wet clothes pollutes the environment and abuses it.especially those that hang it on bridge railings or parked cars.its very abnormal in any sane society,much more a mega city.it s shocking you because you are used to a society where abnormal is normal and normal has become abnormal

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by ddeola: 7:41am On Jul 28, 2013
kulyie: hanging of wet clothes pollutes the environment and abuses it.especially those that hang it on bridge railings or parked cars.its very abnormal in any sane society,much more a mega city.it s shocking you because you are used to a society where abnormal is normal and normal has become abnormal

Continue doing what you have been paid to do. It won't stop us from speaking our minds. That's sanity and normal
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by thegeniusoye(m): 7:45am On Jul 28, 2013
Caracta: Why do some Nigerians find it difficult to read? Did you even read the entire post at all? Did you read the part that says "spreading clothes on bridge railings on major roads..."? Keep them off the fences and frontage of buildings too.

Who cares if you spread your "rusted" boxers and smelly panties on your television? Just keep em off public places. Is that too much to ask? Keep your wet clothes in your compounds or around your house...there are cloth lines.

I saw a woman drying her wet clothes on cars packed outside a house. Is that normal? Gosh!
I tot Nairaland is full of right-thinking people until today! I agree wit u fully! Its either nairalanders can't read or just bent on displaying their ignorance. I luv Fashola wit passion. Eko O ni baje!!
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Nobody: 7:46am On Jul 28, 2013
kulyie: rome was not built in a day moreover go to the chairman of your local government and ask him to account for the money appropriated to him for open drainages and environmental maintenance (thats if you come from that particular local government in lagos state) :/

at least people like me know where the money goes to.everything is fashola.abi because fashola is the governour of lagos,he will be in all the areas of lagos at the same time like he is omnipresent :/
and who's job is it to check all the activities of the local govt?
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Acidosis(m): 7:46am On Jul 28, 2013
When a government treat the people like arrogant animals, it makes them s¡lly and laughable after some times..

The next governor of Lagos state, will likely over rule most of these laws, and that will make Fashola look s¡illy.

..and then the people will continue from where they stopped.

If the next governor is one that love and have the interest of his own people at heart, it means LASTMAN officials will return back to wherever they came from.

Some governors are working seriously without enforcing laughable demands. The people will most likely do whatever their governor tells them when they see his love for the people.

You can't treat people like animals and expect a sustainable result.

This idea is laughable and it won't last. The whole thing would be a forgotten issue the day he, Fashola moves out of that government house.

Why should I not spread my wears on my fence? give me reasons and alternatives. In a compound where there are 6 families and everyone is bound to wash their clothings on weekends..

Should they keep their dirty clothes because he Fashola wants his city to look good?
Who is he trying to entice? The whites? The foreign investors and the rich on Yuzedo banana island? He is a lawyer, right? Okay, how many lawyers in Lagos can afford half a plot of land in banana island?

He needs to spend some time with sttuggling families living in 5 storey buildings, until then he will never realise the pain he is trying to inflict on the people.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by ebiye55(m): 7:47am On Jul 28, 2013
tongue No be LASTMAN o, na LAWMAN him talk say go comot ur pynt and bra
Acidosis: Buhahahahahaha... This man has gone mad again grin grin

So you mean, I shouldn't hang my shirt on a fence I built with my money, not Fashola father's money!

Mehn... Blood go flow wella o... I go waste LASTMAN blood oo...
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by kenlash1(m): 7:50am On Jul 28, 2013
D problem wif Nigeria I just found out is poor reading culture, d journalist is an example of a cut and nail journalist nd nairalanders ve poor reading habit, u need to read wat d man said before commenting Nd bringing tinubu to wat doesn't concern him, aw wll a normal human being hang clothes on rail of a bridge , or go to d next open space nd spred ur clothes, that's nuisance , until we learn to behave like normal beings dis control measures wld keep coming up, Lagos doesn't want continue being a slump so move wif the program
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Rhino5dm: 7:51am On Jul 28, 2013
Acidosis:

All these people shouting Lagos this, Lagos that have probably never travelled out of Lagos to other cities..

The neatest place in Lagos is not 'as clean' as the dirtiest place in some Minor cities like Asaba grin

Save yourself the stress and move back to Asaba. Gone are the days when every toad will just wake up with a Ghana must bag and jumped into night bus, straight heading to the land of opportunities.

Misplaced priorities..

When people run out of ideas, they think negatively. grin

Must everything be enforced? Are Lagosians adamant agbero animals? Whats wrong with public awareness and enlightment? Must everything be signed into law?
I bet this man has twice the laws in Nigeria 1999 constitution grin

Abuja do not even have a "Governor", yet organised and well coordinated city.
@bold:
Stop making yourself look stupíd. Do you have an idea what el rufia did in Abuja to get rid of miscreants? When el-rufia said Abuja is not meant for everybody was he lying?

Where were you in 2003? 2004 ?? 2005 ?? 2006 ?? When people are hunted down like wild animals in Abuja? where were you when el - rufia was tagged "the demolition man " to the extent of hosting Wesley Snipes in Abuja with a large billboard, designed with pictures of El-rufia and Wesley Snipes along the airport captioned "The Two Demolition Men"? Either you a lair, ignorant or just mischievous.

Enforcement this, enforcement that makes the people in the city look like animals..

These same people crying more than the bereaved here, secretly wishes Lagos to be the most dirtiest city in Nigeria. Many of the toads crying here are secretly wishing the state to remain in squalor; they are happy anytime Lagos is referred to as the third worst city in the world.

Whether you LIKE IT OR NOT, whether you cry me a RIVER or cry me a LAGOON, whether you slit your throat or not, south west WILL, SHALL, and MUST progress.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by solowork: 7:53am On Jul 28, 2013
Acidosis: Buhahahahahaha... This man has gone mad again grin grin

So you mean, I shouldn't hang my shirt on a fence I built with my money, not Fashola father's money!

Mehn... Blood go flow wella o... I go waste LASTMAN blood oo...

Bush man. Hang you shirt in your back yard. Why do you want everyone on the street to see your clothes?
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by montelik(m): 7:54am On Jul 28, 2013
Sealing up buildings for this seems like a disproportionate punishment.
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Leboska(m): 7:58am On Jul 28, 2013
I see nothing wrong in this. Trust me even dose in the village if well lectured will co operate. Lagos deserv the best some of you was comparing Nigeria with other countries this is the way it started. Uncle Fasho carry on jare.
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by basilo101: 8:04am On Jul 28, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

We the people of south west are not the same with you. Not Lagos alone, very soon you can't go to Odua republic without VISA. You should be able to renew your passport at Ore, cos the south west is about to be fenced. All parasites, pests and predators must be eliminated by all means.
ok nah, prepare 4 FG invasion of our region. Tym 2 loot Lagos dry
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by inosend: 8:09am On Jul 28, 2013
A very good move. I'll suggest they spread (sorry, I mean hang) their clothes inside their ovens to dry.
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by free2ryhme: 8:11am On Jul 28, 2013
they've abandon their primary responsibilites only to pursue irrelevances
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Nobody: 8:18am On Jul 28, 2013
Tolexander: that is a very good move, most especially those ladies that hang those things that look like catapult and gobble outside!
lwkmd
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by tonynonso53: 8:18am On Jul 28, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

FRSC Unveils Body Cameras For Patrol Operations / Buhari Told APC He Won't Seek Re-Election In 2019 - Aisha Alhassan Tells Reuter / Buhari Has Had To Spend Inordinate Time Cleaning Pdp’s Rot —tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.