Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,630 members, 7,816,593 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes (20379 Views)

Bad Condition Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Way Being Washed By Erosion (Pics) / Atiku Abubakar Hanging Out With His Daughter / Nkpor Express Way Anambra State About To Be Washed By Flood Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by DeHero1: 3:44am On Jul 28, 2013
niggadee: fashola is too obsessed with this western culture,mentality and gadget. we are african we need to keep it real like our forefather

My fore fathers either wore animal skin or nothing... and they don't dry them outside.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by born2boink(m): 3:50am On Jul 28, 2013
SammyT95: are lawma officials on nl?

some nlers are always complaining about seeing ladies' pant hanging outside, what do we infer from this?r
that will be help us access type of Nynash sizes in lagos, the bigger the pant, the bigger the nyansh but how could we determine that part that look like rope

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by qhiwegh(m): 3:52am On Jul 28, 2013
Bigcake: Misplaced priorities. How will dat put food on d table for the common man?

Common man? The common Nigerian has through his inactions, gullibility, and misplaced priorities turned Nigeria into a cesspool, in part via the incompetent politicians they voted into office. Do you think every country in the world would vote for and accept such incompetent leaders like we have?

Good thing Fashola is an exception. BRJ for dictator of Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Sijo01(f): 3:58am On Jul 28, 2013
PeterKbaba: Lagos is a city that as woken up to her senses that we can not allow Nigeria slow us down anymore... It is said by 2015, Lagos would be the 5th richest country in Africa with a population of 25Million. We have to start competing with places like South Africa or London sef.

Lagos is not a village,
I repeat: Lagos is not a village

Lagos, 5th richest country in Africa by 2015 Incredible! Am I still current at all, I never knew Lagos has been planning on autonomy and has been granted power to do same in 2015......... So if I wan enta eko from 2015, I go need visa....... Bros, abeg yan me tori.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by 1oracle(m): 4:00am On Jul 28, 2013
PeterKbaba: Lagos is a city that as woken up to her senses that we can not allow Nigeria slow us down anymore... It is said by 2015, Lagos would be the [b]5th richest country in Africa with a population of 25Million. We have to start competing with places like South Africa or London sef.

Lagos is not a village,
I repeat: Lagos is not a village[/b]
Guy your fingers is moving faster than your brain grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by JideTheBlogger(m): 4:04am On Jul 28, 2013
Nice one. We will get there.

Well done Oga Fashola
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by 99cent: 4:10am On Jul 28, 2013
The commissioner also warned residents, who wash and spread their clothes on bridge railings on major roads to desist from such act, saying tough actions would be taken against erring persons.

“We are telling residents who wash and spread clothes on the streets, major highways and other places outside their homes to desist from the practice as it constitutes a great environmental nuisance.

good move.

nothing wrong with hanging clothes. but have a designated area for it INSIDE you compound.
nobody should be forced to see your pata hanging from your fence or over a tree on the street.
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by ibifeeq(m): 4:20am On Jul 28, 2013
Nigerian want change but they dnt want to sacrifice....God help help u all komape koto ye yin.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by ogonogo: 4:23am On Jul 28, 2013
niggadee: fashola is too obsessed with this western culture,mentality and gadget. we are african we need to keep it real like our forefather

So, why are you on the Internet using some type of computer?

4 Likes

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Rhino5dm: 4:25am On Jul 28, 2013
Sijo01:

Lagos, 5th richest country in Africa by 2015 Incredible! Am I still current at all, I never knew Lagos has been planning on autonomy and has been granted power to do same in 2015......... So if I wan enta eko from 2015, I go need visa....... Bros, abeg yan me tori.

We the people of south west are not the same with you. Not Lagos alone, very soon you can't go to Odua republic without VISA. You should be able to renew your passport at Ore, cos the south west is about to be fenced. All parasites, pests and predators must be eliminated by all means.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Rhino5dm: 4:31am On Jul 28, 2013
ogonogo:

So, why are you on the Internet using some type of computer?

Don't mind the blinded goat. If you obey the laws of Odua Republic, you can move back to whatever rock you crawl from.

The Lagos state governor, Babatunde
Fashola has vowed to enforce the new
traffic law and the existing environmental
laws of the state to ensure the state
remains environmentally-friendly.

The governor, who disclosed this on
Tuesday after visiting some on-going
projects sites, however warned visitors
and those interested in coming to live in
Lagos to keep abreast with the details of
these laws so as not to break them.
Mr Fashola said the state government will
not fold its arms while some residents live
in Lagos as if they are living in their
villages.

“You can’t continue to live like you are in
your village here in Lagos. Life in Lagos is
changing by the day. The government has
spent fortune to ensure good environment,
drainages, roads and transportation
system. It is unfortunate some people are
still living as if they are in their village.
“Please, if you can’t obey our
environmental and traffic laws, stay back
in your village,” the governor warned.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/11/06/stay-in-your-village-if-you-cant-obey-our-traffic-law-fashola/
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by pbling: 4:59am On Jul 28, 2013
ds man no get wetin 2 bust,e jst de bust make dey no say e no get lyrics
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by dapo338(m): 5:13am On Jul 28, 2013
Good move, am totally in support but there are things that should have come first, instead of building lock up shop, houses and giving it out very cheap "this will definitely force landlords to decrease their rent" come and see our once lovely street roads in Ojota, it is more worst than any village in the world, and many more examples, instead of putting first thing first, our leaders are putting last thing first. I wish to upload a picture of our street road for we all to see what should have come first thing first than the said topic.
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by jostking: 5:23am On Jul 28, 2013

U are a bush man from d caves of congo dr
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by kingsleyrobert(m): 5:27am On Jul 28, 2013
C gobe, enf thievin of persons clothes has been launched
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by azpekuliar: 5:40am On Jul 28, 2013
He has a point. It's something to do with environmental aesthetics. On Thursday afternoon, I was driving past 1004 Estates on Ozumba Mbadiwe when I noticed that a few of the apartments had their laundry/undies hung out to dry on the balcony. Then it struck me! How ugly the whole place would be if the majority of the apartment owners where to do that at a particular point in time, say on a Saturday - really it would be so unsightly for a high-income class residential neighborhood in Victoria Island!

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Godson201333(m): 5:52am On Jul 28, 2013
RedBenson was the firstg person to notice this,now Kudos to the Governor,I am tired of seeing those ladies thongs .
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by nerodenero: 5:57am On Jul 28, 2013
Caracta: Why do some Nigerians find it difficult to read? Did you even read the entire post at all? Did you read the part that says "spreading clothes on bridge railings on major roads..."? Keep them off the fences and frontage of buildings too.

Who cares if you spread your "rusted" boxers and smelly panties on your television? Just keep em off public places. Is that too much to ask? Keep your wet clothes in your compounds or around your house...there are cloth lines.

I saw a woman drying her wet clothes on cars packed outside a house. Is that normal? Gosh!
My though too
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Nobody: 5:59am On Jul 28, 2013
This is a good move by the Lagos Government. Infact, it's taken too long. The problem with most Nigerians is that they talk and complain a lot. Spread ur clothes in public places and watch the arm of the law deal with u!

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by 3ace(m): 6:00am On Jul 28, 2013
Oh, what a pity! We have been too used to abnormalities for too long and it will be war to correct them. Hence, the complaints so far on this thread.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by pautex: 6:09am On Jul 28, 2013

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by chunbarca(m): 6:15am On Jul 28, 2013
Hmmmmmmmmm is Ds necessary or dey are jst doing it 4 eye services?
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Vanityupnvanity(m): 6:33am On Jul 28, 2013
Make pple no wash them cloths again Shebi wetin them mean? Ok make everybody 4 lagos state order cloth dryer from china. Next time them go say make ppl no wear cloth.
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Acidosis(m): 6:37am On Jul 28, 2013
Richfella: LATIA coming soon...Lagos Toilet Inspection Agency.

Some people seem to have run out of ideas. So people who don't have 'compounds' should eat their clothes.

grin grin grin grin grin Those without should spread it under their carpets grin grin
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by hammedkola(m): 6:43am On Jul 28, 2013
All houses can't be like an estate,

I know they won't try this in Ajegunle
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by geeez: 6:44am On Jul 28, 2013
I'm in total support of this

Why should you put your torn and ragged underwear in front of your house on an Expeessway?

Up next, Entertainment Tax

Gidi is the only state working in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Acidosis(m): 6:49am On Jul 28, 2013
1oracle:
Guy your fingers is moving faster than your brain grin grin grin

All these people shouting Lagos this, Lagos that have probably never travelled out of Lagos to other cities..

The neatest place in Lagos is not 'as clean' as the dirtiest place in some Minor cities like Asaba grin

Misplaced priorities..

When people run out of ideas, they think negatively. grin

Must everything be enforced? Are Lagosians adamant agbero animals? Whats wrong with public awareness and enlightment? Must everything be signed into law?
I bet this man has twice the laws in Nigeria 1999 constitution grin

Abuja do not even have a "Governor", yet organised and well coordinated city.

Enforcement this, enforcement that makes the people in the city look like animals..

6 Likes

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by ceejay80s(m): 6:49am On Jul 28, 2013
Thank God. face 2 face house go hear am
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Acidosis(m): 6:50am On Jul 28, 2013
geeez: I'm in total support of this

Why should you put your torn and ragged underwear in front of your house on an Expeessway?

Up next, Entertainment Tax

Gidi is the only state working in Nigeria

omg grin grin
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by naptu2: 6:54am On Jul 28, 2013
Bigcake: Misplaced priorities. How will dat put food on d table for the common man?

Please click on this link to see what the government is doing to put food on the table for the common man. https://www.nairaland.com/1373045/fashola-largasses-road-ibo-hawkers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Edo 2020: Obaseki Sacks Commissioners / UN Report On Violent Conflicts In Nigeria Disappointing –presidency / Ngige Visits Properties Destroyed By Hoodlums In Anambra; Pledges Support (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.