Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,470 members, 7,816,115 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:17 AM

Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes (20369 Views)

Bad Condition Of Enugu-Onitsha Express Way Being Washed By Erosion (Pics) / Atiku Abubakar Hanging Out With His Daughter / Nkpor Express Way Anambra State About To Be Washed By Flood Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by dabossman(m): 11:31am On Jul 28, 2013
naptu2:

I have once lived in a house in which we hung our clothes on a rack which we placed in a corridor within the house. There was no space outside to hang the clothes (besides, we didn't want thieves to steal our clothes). It is possible if you want to do it.

Many of the same people hang their clothes to dry beneath fans during the rain season.
Thank you o naptu2. I have a small clothe rack that I even put on my balcony. You can never see it from the outside because it is not as high as the concrete 'railings'. With hangers I can spread a lot on it. The thought of dangling it over the railings for the whole world to see just gives me the creeps.
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by niggadee(m): 11:35am On Jul 28, 2013
grin grin grin
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 28, 2013
Niyinficient: When will Nigerians learn d meaning of the word 'CHANGE' Some pple are so used to unkempt things and rough way of life that to clean them up will be hell! Is it a crime if we have a descent city to call ours in dis country We see other beautiful countries abroad and we say 'chei, when Naija wan be like dis?' Most of the cities u see out there don't emerge neat and beautiful all of a sudden, they started from somewhere!!! Someone is bringing about change and all most of us do is condemn him! When he started Oshodi's transformation, u all condemned him but now all of u can smile about d place! I think its high time we cross examined ourselves cos we seem to oppose development a lot! You won't condemn the Governors who allow a lot of uncivilised activities in their cities and environment, dats y dey embezzle d fund meant for developmental projects and leave u to live in abject poverty and most of u smile because they allow u to erect shanties along the road, they allow u to dump refuse anywhere,imagine, u bought a car worth millions of naira and u ar riding it on roads full of pot holes and u ar feeling cool!chei! Too archaic, u built nice houses wit superb interior decors but ur street is water logged and drainage-less, u wear that your expensive shoes in mud-filled roads, u can't wear white clothes or wear sanders and slippers whenever it rains,its time for us all to start living and behaving like people in the real 21st century and lets stop dis 16th century-behaviours of ours! IF we want to have like those beautiful cities like Geneva, Dubai, New York, Hong Kong etc as ours here in Nigeria, change ur attitude towards ur environment and embrace development! Becos ur reality is as a result of ur mentality! Think beyond ur current state, think big, see big things! Put ur brain into use and stop being archaic in ur thinking if u desire a better environment and a better country for yourself! Shalom
exactly.i remember governour fashola during a meeing with lagos lawyers and administrators in various sectors.he said nigerians are one of the most difficult,rebellious and ungrateful people to govern,always resisting change for no objective reason.to be serious in order to carry out my official duties i have never been successful administering people within my jurisdiction being a lady e.g appealing,begging,cajoling etc, until i apply coercion through police men and other enforcement agents people are forced to comply.honestly being a leader in any sector is not funny,if you doubt me ask abike dabiri who made so many sacrifices even at the expense of her sleep so that nigerians abroad will not be incarcerated or killed when they wont hear word.dont carry drugs,they wont hear.how many person wan talk
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Nobody: 11:47am On Jul 28, 2013
Niyinficient: When will Nigerians learn d meaning of the word 'CHANGE' Some pple are so used to unkempt things and rough way of life that to clean them up will be hell! Is it a crime if we have a descent city to call ours in dis country We see other beautiful countries abroad and we say 'chei, when Naija wan be like dis?' Most of the cities u see out there don't emerge neat and beautiful all of a sudden, they started from somewhere!!! Someone is bringing about change and all most of us do is condemn him! When he started Oshodi's transformation, u all condemned him but now all of u can smile about d place! I think its high time we cross examined ourselves cos we seem to oppose development a lot! You won't condemn the Governors who allow a lot of uncivilised activities in their cities and environment, dats y dey embezzle d fund meant for developmental projects and leave u to live in abject poverty and most of u smile because they allow u to erect shanties along the road, they allow u to dump refuse anywhere,imagine, u bought a car worth millions of naira and u ar riding it on roads full of pot holes and u ar feeling cool!chei! Too archaic, u built nice houses wit superb interior decors but ur street is water logged and drainage-less, u wear that your expensive shoes in mud-filled roads, u can't wear white clothes or wear sanders and slippers whenever it rains,its time for us all to start living and behaving like people in the real 21st century and lets stop dis 16th century-behaviours of ours! IF we want to have like those beautiful cities like Geneva, Dubai, New York, Hong Kong etc as ours here in Nigeria, change ur attitude towards ur environment and embrace development! Becos ur reality is as a result of ur mentality! Think beyond ur current state, think big, see big things! Put ur brain into use and stop being archaic in ur thinking if u desire a better environment and a better country for yourself! Shalom
exactly.i remember governour fashola during a meeing with lagos lawyers and administrators in various sectors.he said nigerians are one of the most difficult,rebellious and ungrateful people to govern,always resisting change for no objective reason.to be serious in order to carry out my official duties i have never been successful administering people within my jurisdiction being a lady e.g appealing,begging,cajoling etc, until i apply coercion through police men and other enforcement agents people are forced to comply.honestly being a leader in any sector is not funny,if you doubt me ask abike dabiri who made so many sacrifices even at the expense of her sleep so that nigerians abroad will not be incarcerated or killed when they wont hear word.dont carry drugs,they wont hear.how many person wan talk

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Nobody: 11:54am On Jul 28, 2013
Hope this aint another elitist law meant to deport the less priviledged from certain parts of lagos again But surely its another avenue for those lagos agberos in uniform: LAWMA e.t.c to fleece the masses.

The Lasg is aware that most houses within the less priviledged areas do not have private compounds/clothes lines but still want such law instead of creating awareness for change, though I do not support indisciminate hanging of washed clothes but must they always make draconian laws to enrich themselves and their area boys via bribery & corruption Why can't the govt spent a better part of IGR on those bad raods in okota, alimosho, ijegun, ikorodu e.t.c than planting flowers and painting roads in locations where they have interests and generate revenues.

But i hope 1004 flats with clothes hanging on its balconies will not be left out of this ridiculous law.

On a lighter note imagine what may happen if a lawma official tries to confiscate designer jeans/clothes in areas like AJ? No be broken head he go carry run comot grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by decepticos(m): 12:00pm On Jul 28, 2013
this seems irrelivant
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by decepticos(m): 12:13pm On Jul 28, 2013
kulyie: exactly.i remember governour fashola during a meeing with lagos lawyers and administrators in various sectors.he said nigerians are one of the most difficult,rebellious and ungrateful people to govern,always resisting change for no objective reason.to be serious in order to carry out my official duties i have never been successful administering people within my jurisdiction being a lady e.g appealing,begging,cajoling etc, until i apply coercion through police men and other enforcement agents people are forced to comply.honestly being a leader in any sector is not funny,if you doubt me ask abike dabiri who made so many sacrifices even at the expense of her sleep so that nigerians abroad will not be incarcerated or killed when they wont hear word.dont carry drugs,they wont hear.how many person wan talk
did fash really call us all ungratefull and rebellious, does he expect us all to be butt kissers? Just a thought though.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by BigLebowski: 12:15pm On Jul 28, 2013
ACN: Progressing steadily towards dictatorship
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by maneasy: 12:17pm On Jul 28, 2013
If he get liver,he should start from the Police and Army Baracks where this is the order of the day

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 28, 2013
Niyinficient: When will Nigerians learn d meaning of the word 'CHANGE'
sum nigerians dnt even know wat is CHANGE.Thr is a tym u wil carryout developmental project,but sum pple wil stil av sumtin to complain no mata wat.Its vry difficult to rule dis country called nigeria,Even if bill gate or obama was to rule nigeria,i swear they wil fall sick within a short period of tym.ITS ONLY GOD DAT CAN DELIVER THIS COUNTRY,NOTIN ELSE.
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by redsun(m): 12:26pm On Jul 28, 2013
Madness.Is tinubu planing on selling tumble dryers in tropical nigeria without electricity?

Somethings don't just make sense,lagos state policy makers most times tend to run before they work.They should make the homes habitable first before they start worrying about hanging washed clothes.

Even at this moment in england that the sun seems favorable,reasonable people don't waste their monies on tumble dryers drying their washing when the sun can do it in matter of hours.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Ngwakwe: 12:53pm On Jul 28, 2013
Next line of action by the Commissioner will be to instruct his touts to apprehend me and my children for having big noses and taking in more oxygen than necessary.

I know some of you will tell me to provide for myself and family extra breathing apparatuses and consequently pay carbon tax for respiration or better still go back to Aba were no Yoruba is living.

naptu2: You've got a corridor here and a window opposite it. You put the clothes rack in the corridor. You put plastic containers beneath the clothes rack (so that the water will drip into the container) and you watch your clothes dry. C'est finis.

But more importantly, owners of buildings will have no choice but to provide space for people to hang their laundry if the people put pressure on them. You won't rent an apartment in a flooded area, neither will you rent an apartment in a building with cracked walls. Soon, when government starts enforcing this law, people won't rent apartments in buildings that do not have spaces for them to hang their laundry.
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jul 28, 2013
decepticos:
did fash really call us all ungratefull and rebellious, does he expect us all to be butt kissers? Just a thought though.
no but lagosians should learn to live like civiil human beings,less obstinate and more receptive to change especially when its positive and for the environmental good to meet up with 21st century standards so that we will be a force to be reckoned with in the global scene,so we need a refined megacity,not a chaotic,polluted and anarchical environment and system

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Caracta(f): 1:16pm On Jul 28, 2013
jackbauersballs: I live in London and people hang clothes on their balcony here all the time...especially if you live in a cramped flat with no clothes dryer...

I honestly think this rule is quite bizarre undecided

So because they do it in London, we must do it in Nigeria? Is it even healthy? You can't take people out of slums if you don't take the slums out of them. We just want to live healthy and 'reasonably' . Is that bizzare?

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by lacicrips(m): 1:19pm On Jul 28, 2013
niggadee: fashola is too obsessed with this western culture,mentality and gadget. we are african we need to keep it real like our forefather
Lol. You had better move back to the village.
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Caracta(f): 1:24pm On Jul 28, 2013
No wonder most of our leaders are comfortable doing nothing. Every little thing they do would end up in baskets of condemnation. No wonder they fold their arms and feast on our National cake in silence.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Caracta(f): 1:33pm On Jul 28, 2013
goldfish80:
I don't want to believe people leave their homes to go spread washed clothes on 3rd mainland bridge.you can't have me fooled on this one.but if you insist this happens...
I repeat again,this government is planing to seal houses. If you support this action,then i have a reason to believe you are a wicked person.

Yes! I support the action FULLY! In fact, i'm going to start educating people on the importance of healthy living. I have condemned some recent acts of LSG...but on this one, i am fully behind them.

#operation keep your boxers off public places

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by redsun(m): 1:45pm On Jul 28, 2013
Caracta:

So because they do it in London, we must do it in Nigeria? Is it even healthy? You can't take people out of slums if you don't take the slums out of them. We just want to live healthy and 'reasonably' . Is that bizzare?

Are you listening to yourself at all?What is unhealthy about hanging washed clothes outside?

Apart from saving money,drying clothes outside saves the environment from carbon emission from using dryers.People need to think smart and stop pretending to be what they are not.As long as the sun keep shinning,africans don't need drying machines for clothes.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by manny4life(m): 1:50pm On Jul 28, 2013
Caracta:

Yes! I support the action FULLY! In fact, i'm going to start educating people on the importance of healthy living. I have condemned some recent acts of LSG...but on this one, i am fully behind them.

#operation keep your boxers off public places

grin grin grin

Do you know what "healthy living" is? Do we just use terms because it sounds nice, what has healthy living got to do with the govt order of sealing houses or washing and hanging clothes in public view?

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Alfy2: 2:15pm On Jul 28, 2013
The reason Festac has become one of the ugliest housing estates in the world is the foul culture of hanging out clothes to dry on balconies.
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by manny4life(m): 2:29pm On Jul 28, 2013
Alfy2: The reason Festac has become one of the ugliest housing estates in the world is the foul culture of hanging out clothes to dry on balconies.

If you think Festac is foul, every State/City/County has one. From Detroit to NY and from DC to Chicago, they have rundown places (projects), although they may not be hanging clothes, it's more foul than FESTAC for different reasons.
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by ba7man(m): 2:46pm On Jul 28, 2013
Clothes hanging out in front of buildings have this way of contributing to the "Ghetto" look of the building. Its not aesthetically pleasing.
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by agbameta: 2:56pm On Jul 28, 2013
redsun:

Are you listening to yourself at all?What is unhealthy about hanging washed clothes outside?

Apart from saving money,drying clothes outside saves the environment from carbon emission from using dryers.People need to think smart and stop pretending to be what they are not.As long as the sun keep shinning,africans don't need drying machines for clothes.

Chei!!! Why do you reason like a caveman? This is 2013 and not 300BC.
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by agbameta: 3:04pm On Jul 28, 2013
The posts in this thread clealy shows that some of us are ready to move on into a sane and orderly society while some are willing to remain backward with their slum and ghetto ways.

This is why Lagos is fast leaving Nigeria behind....

Kudos to Fashola and Lagosians, forward ever, backward never...
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by babsjnr(m): 3:23pm On Jul 28, 2013
lacicrips:
Lol. You had better move back to the village.
Lol arindi omo is obalende a village? fck u your Acn nl thugs and stupid tribalism nl moderators.. freedom of speech is not illegal.It's okay to disagree with the thoughts or opinions expressed by other people. That doesn't give you the right to deny any sense they might make. Nor does it give you a right to accuse someone of poorly expressing their beliefs just because you don't like what they are saying. Learn to recognize good writing when you read it, even if it means overcoming your pride and opening your mind beyond what is comfortable. stupid moderators banned me coz am spittin some real sh*t about fashola tribalism
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by babsjnr(m): 3:49pm On Jul 28, 2013
thousands of children are starving on the streets of Lagos and lagos Youth unemployment has increased dramatically.. These are important issues here not western obsession with gadget and skyline

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by maxani: 4:24pm On Jul 28, 2013
Are you kidding me!! This is by no means an endorsement for lack of structure and untidy living but for a third world state like lagos, I think there should be moderation an caution in applying these kind of rules!. People hang clothes outside RESIDENTIAL BUILDINGS everywhere in the world(including the 1004 estate on the island!!)

Look, the picture here was taken near a bus station in Dubai. See clothes circled in red! Give Lagosian constant power, water and living conditions like the emirati people, They won't hang as many underpants outdoors as they are right noW!!!!!

Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 28, 2013
niggadee: lagos is a state not a country fashola breach nigerian constitutional rights..for kicking out fellow nigerian that are vulnerable and Everyone kept quiet about it..
he has every right to kick their asses out if they cannot obey simple environmental laws of lagos state .the annoying part of it is that they keep giving lame excuses that they dont have money,yet they give birth every month :/
Re: Lagos To Seal Buildings With Indiscriminate Hanging Of Washed Clothes by redsun(m): 6:26pm On Jul 28, 2013
agbameta:

Chei!!! Why do you reason like a caveman? This is 2013 and not 300BC.

Look at this maga.What makes you think it is an improvement to destroy the environment unnecessary using oyinbo made technologies that are main to keep them functional in their temperate regions in tropical nigeria where the SUN is ever visible round the year and where is never electricity?Blind followers.

They should be thinking of making people's habitat liveable,planned and descent,rather they are talking of bullshhit.They should create secure communal areas,gardens in apartments and streets,with lines where people can hang there washes paid for with the people's taxes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Adamawa Ex-deputy Governor Asks Court To Declare Him Gov / When The Thief Is Shouting “thief”: The Case Of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar / Fulani People Actually Do Have Sex With Their Cow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.