Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:43 AM

£3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November (15772 Views)

House Of Reps Kick Against N390bn Bond To Finance Power Sector / More Than 200,000 UK Ballot Papers Stolen By Van Thieves / FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by 617aircav: 9:05pm On Jul 29, 2013
I cant really blame them, a lot of people go and do not leave. They have to do something, surprised it took this long. Say thanks to those that go there and commit benefits fraud.
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by lastmessenger: 9:16pm On Jul 29, 2013
To be sincere the bond thing doesnt make me unhappy.uk is the last place that i like to live in.whats so attractive in that old country that Nigerians are worrying their head over?is it their technology?i think china and india are better off.if possible let Nigerian stop going there and let them not come here.we dont need them.i am proud to be a Nigerian and i love nijaTo be sincere the bond thing doesnt make me unhappy.uk is the last place that i like to live in.whats so attractive in that old country that Nigerians are worrying their head over?is it their technology?i think china and india are better off.if possible let Nigerian stop going there and let them not come here.we dont need them.i am proud to be a Nigerian and i love nijaTo be sincere the bond thing doesnt make me unhappy.uk is the last place that i like to live in.whats so attractive in that old country that Nigerians are worrying their head over?is it their technology?i think china and india are better off.if possible let Nigerian stop going there and let them not come here.we dont need them.i am proud to be a Nigerian and i love nija

1 Like

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by horlabiyi(m): 9:28pm On Jul 29, 2013
See Nigerians fighting each other because of this. Smh
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by TheBookWorm: 11:30pm On Jul 29, 2013
trolling: and once they pass the immigration reform America will become a cesspool of immigrants,its gonna be like a third world country,the end of America is at hand

You sound like those Tea Party nutjobs lol

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by trolling(m): 11:35pm On Jul 29, 2013
TheBookWorm:

You sound like those Tea Party nutjobs lol

you know im right, dont you know how it would affect the economy and Americans,yall took their land by guns but they are retaking it back without guns...do some reading and quit the facebook and whatsapp grin
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jul 29, 2013
I heard other EU states are thinking of adopting the idea. I travelled on the train between Paris and ST Pancreas England yesterday, the way they now scan passports now is utterly rediculous. .
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by trolling(m): 11:39pm On Jul 29, 2013
ifeness: I heard other EU states are thinking of adopting the idea. I travelled on the train between Paris and ST Pancreas England yesterday, the way they now scan passports now is utterly rediculous. .
welcome to the new world order, all your information will be in a global database,theres no where to hide from Big Brother

1 Like

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jul 29, 2013
trolling: welcome to the new world order, all your information will be in a global database,theres no where to hide from Big Brother

We all are under big brother. Police can locate every mobile phone users if they chose to. If you have a passport or drivers license,any form of i.d, you are in the system. Me i agree say i don collect my 666 as them even get my DNA . Everyone is a slave to the system

1 Like

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by trolling(m): 11:48pm On Jul 29, 2013
ifeness:

We all are under big brother. Police can locate every mobile phone users if they chose to. If you have a passport or drivers license,any form of i.d, you are in the system. Me i agree say i don collect my 666 as them even get my DNA . Everyone is a slave to the system
are you for real,the 666 wont be taken until after world war 3, so you choose to be marked than saved/sealed damn i cant believe my ears, and im not a slave to the system cuz ima be in the secret place with my peeps,no satellite can see us thru the skies
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Nobody: 12:01am On Jul 30, 2013
trolling: are you for real,the 666 wont be taken until after world war 3, so you choose to be marked than saved/sealed damn i cant believe my ears, and im not a slave to the system cuz ima be in the secret place with my peeps,no satellite can see us thru the skies

Believe me we are all marked. You type messages about how you gonna blow up the US aircraft and see if you email address will not be traced. 666 is already out there. You don t pay £3,000, no coming into the Uk. That is an undiluted 666 indication. 666 is only a metaphor with the story of the beast. The real 666 is the world economy.
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by trolling(m): 12:09am On Jul 30, 2013
ifeness:

Believe me we are all marked. You type messages about how you gonna blow up the US aircraft and see if you email address will not be traced. 666 is already out there. You don t pay £3,000, no coming into the Uk. That is an undiluted 666 indication. 666 is only a metaphor with the story of the beast. The real 666 is the world economy.
you might be marked but im sealed, the taking of the chip is what marks them, Big brother is just a precursor to being marked
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Nobody: 12:11am On Jul 30, 2013
trolling: you might be marked but im sealed, the taking of the chip is what marks them, Big brother is just a precursor to being marked

Sealed with what?
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by trolling(m): 12:17am On Jul 30, 2013
ifeness:

Sealed with what?
sealed by an higher power
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Nobody: 12:48am On Jul 30, 2013
Some of this people making noise about being Britico need to do some research about their own story and history
You come here and abuse Nigeria and support a rascist immigration policy against Nigeria all because you think you are settled in Britain but you forget that may be before you got to where you are perhaps a member of your family may have done things or taken decisions they are not so proud of.

You forget that if not because of our collective failure as a people there will not be a Desola in Britain celebrating to be British. You forget that if all British Governments in the past had been rascist you or your father before you could not have made that journey to go and live in Britain.

Some of you dont even know that even if you are settled what if you mother or father need to visit you? they pay £3000 bond each time they visit?

And while you celebrate your new found Nationality remember this:
You are the National of a country where you will always be considered second rate citizen
You will never aspire to be Prime Minister because you just cant get that far
Stuck up in the lift with an old white granny her initial instinct will be to be apprehensive

And you know what? even if you hold a British or American passport, the black race will only be respected when Africa or Nigeria is respected worldwide. And yes we need to get our acts together but to come here and encourage the British Government to pursue a very condescending immigration policy against Nigeria when your name is Desola is as ignorant as anyone can be.

And those who say Nigeria needs Britain more than Britain needs Nigeria should explain how? How? what does Nigeria benefit from Britain as a Nation except for the fact that our people migrate to Britain? How many Businesses in Britain are owned by the Nigerian Government? But Britain and some of its multi-national companies have business interests in Nigeria.

I say if this silly immigration policy comes into law, Nigeria owes it as a duty to herself and to the next generation to respond in kind and make the policy as harsh as they come.

Let all British expatriate workers pay a visa fee of £5000 to come to Nigeria and require a £1m pounds bond to come.
Let all Businesses of British interest be subjected to a selective tax regime that is very harsh. 50% tax for all British Businesses will be ideal.

As as Britain starts implementing this law, if one of the Legislators do not submit a bill calling for harsher relations with Britain then they are not worth the office they occupy. To be honest they should even submit the bill now as a warning shot to britain.

Absolutely ridiculous!!!!!

1 Like

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Afam4eva(m): 12:50am On Jul 30, 2013
mikeansy: Some of this people making noise about being Britico need to do some research about their own story and history
You come here and abuse Nigeria and support a rascist immigration policy against Nigeria all because you think you are settled in Britain but you forget that may be before you got to where you are perhaps a member of your family may have done things or taken decisions they are not so proud of.

You forget that if not because of our collective failure as a people there will not be a Desola is Britain celebrating to be British. You forget that if all British Governments in the past had been rascist you or your father before you could not have made that journey to go and live in Britain.

And while you celebrate your new found Nationality remember this:
You are the National of the country where you will always be considered second rate citizen
You will never aspire to be Prime Minister because you just cant get that far
Stuck up in the lift with an old white granny her initial instinct will be to be apprehensive

And you know what? even if you hold a British or American passport, the black race will only be respected when Africa or Nigeria is respected worldwide. And yes we need to get our acts together but to come here and encourage the British Government to pursue a very condescending immigration policy against Nigeria when your name is Desola is as ignorant as anyone can be.

And those who say Nigeria needs Britain more than Britain needs Nigeria should explain how? How? what does Nigeria benefit from Britain as a Nation except for the fact that our people migrate to Britain? How many Businesses in Britain is owned by the Nigerian Government? But Britain and some of its multi-national companies have business interests in Nigeria.

I say if this silly immigration policy comes into law, Nigeria owes as a duty to herself and to the next generation to respond in kind and make the policy as harsh as they come.

Let all British expatriate workers pay a visa fee of £5000 to come to Nigeria and require a £1m pounds bond to come.
Let all Businesses of British interest be subjected to a selective tax regime that is very harsh. 50% tax for all British Businesses will be ideal.

Absolutely ridiculous!!!!!
Nicely put

I hope Coogar and Desola are reading this.

No matter how hard they try to claim Britico, the British will value their dogs ahead of you.
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Nobody: 1:44am On Jul 30, 2013
Awesome.. Long overdue. Trinidad style lol. Please send those Yoruba men sleeping with their daughters back to Lagos including those fraudsters in Peckham and all over the streets back to wherever they're from.

Oh same as those Asians living in a flat with 20 of their family and friends. As for the Indians, they are not nuisance beside their horrible accent and smell.
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by blacknp(m): 4:18am On Jul 30, 2013
Desola:

Well, I'm sure that is a negligible price to pay as far as the British government is concerned when cognisance is taken of the number of Nigerians present and willing to enter the UK in sharp comparison to the very few Britons who work in Nigeria.

I wouldn't mind paying such price if I were the uk. Britons in Nigeria majorly highly skilled tax payers whose expertise are highly sought after as opposed to prejoratively low skilled economic migrants who troop into the UK.

The UK wins.

Bros you too get mind.Don't mind us punk Nigerians instead of checking ourselves we go they open our mouth we know get shame(U.K. that should have been begging us to come to their country abi Saudi or the Emirates dey the list? when i was a kid i use to travel visa free on my Nigerian passport until 1986 when our decadence started on a hyper accelaration under babaginda,6th highest consumer of luxury goods my ass with all the poverty in Nigeria not including kidnapping and boko haram where is the money coming from,the 8th most illiterate country in the world they can't even provide basic electricity or health care,what of refining their own oil?what is our gdp per capital?amongst the lowest in the world our main problem we always feel more important than we really are,noise makers,the minister for foreign affairs was babbling and pretending to make threats i couldn't help but laugh sure wasn't fooling me of what value have we Nigerians added to the world have we invented anything beneficient to mankind in the 20th or 21st century?were more like the pakistan of Africa(Failed with a big ego)shameless race.Only 3 countries in the world are still plagued by polio,Afganisthan,Pakistan and Nigeria shameless people big spenders my ass the most dangerous waters in the world is now the gulf of Guinea overtaken the gulf of Aden (thanks to increase in piracy on the Nigerian waters),idiots begging the U.K. to help them fight oil theft(Shameless dogs),they should have given us a 5,000 pounds receipt 3k is too small with all their lavish goods big spenders.Negroes check yourself before you wreck yourself.CIA has warned us about 2015 they shrugged it off just the same way jona said boko haram was nothing just a few years ago on CNN now they are feeling the heat,the scripture says it all for lack of vision my people perish useless blind leaders walking RATS.I always told this blind rats associates of mine that obsanjo destroyed Nigeria you will tell by their fruits he left a plague yaradua died,jonathan is supposedly weak(blame obasanjo,jona did not put himself there,someone handpicked him) kidnapping on the rise oil theft on the rise yet he idiot held the petroleum portfolio for 8 yrs he did not build or even set up a road map,where are the refineries not paper refinery o he did not reform nnpc either now they are jacking oil importers?ASUU still striking,system collapse.Heard Bible trotting Gowon in the news today say Nigeria is not totally finished that we should pray for the country,what a joker at least he is begging for forgiveness cos he knows that his generation destoyed the country as in comparism to what they met on ground when the military stole Nigeria in 1966 and set us on the runaway part to mediocrity as a race of people with bad policies and lack of statesmanship but Obasanjo still unrepentant.
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Nobody: 8:28am On Jul 30, 2013
3000GBP is too much for just a 'bond'.
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by ayobase(m): 8:33am On Jul 30, 2013
No point reading beyond the first page....thank you Afam for defending our great country.

Is that name 'Desola' not yoruba indigenized?

Ayuba song came to mind again..."...emi o ni fi owo osi ju we le baba mi"

Teni ni teni...no matter what!

A lady I once regarded with a bit of reasonable esteem!

1 Like

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by omar22(m): 10:16am On Jul 30, 2013
Its not going to happen

Most especially when the SA government slammed the British Govt and withdrew the proposal to invest up to £10bn into UK. The same sound bite is coming out of India and other nations, I believe the move have been quashed

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-23044324
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by imauri: 2:56pm On Jul 30, 2013
AS MUCH AS I DO NOT SUPPORT THIS MOVE, IT IS EASY TO SEE Y MOST NIGERIANS ARE TARGETTED AND TREATED THIS WAY... just look at the comments on this trend... tribalsm/ NIGERIANS IN THE UK/US VS NIGERIANS BACK HOME.... bunch of idiots... we are all nigerians for G sake.... we fight amoungs ourselves over everything.. always wanting to degrade one another so how do u expect these people to treat u..... indians are a thousand times more unified this us...... shame shame...

1 Like

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 31, 2013
Signing up for #TeamFGN Sir! grin

Visa bond: We will retaliate, FG insists

Minister of Foreign Affairs, Ambassador Olugbenga Ashiru

THE Federal Government on Tuesday insisted on retaliatory action against British citizens if their government went ahead with its plan to impose a £3, 000 visa bond on visitors from Nigeria and five other Commonwealth countries.

It expressed displeasure that Downing Street, which had already set November as the discriminatory policy’s commencement time, had not deemed it neccessary to formally communicate to it on the next step of action.

The Minister of Foreign Affairs, Ambassador Olugbenga Ashiru, had at a meeting with the British High Commissioner, Andrew Pocock, conveyed the desire of Nigeria to retaliate the policy.

The spokesperson for the ministry , Ogbole Ode, said in a statement in Abuja, that the British authorities were already aware of the Federal Government’s position on the matter.

The statement reads, “Media reports in Nigeria on Monday, July 29, 2013, indicated that the United Kingdom Government will begin to implement from November, 2013, the £3,000 cash bond for first-time visa applicants from Nigeria, and five other Commonwealth countries. The other countries are India, Kenya, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, and Bangladesh. These media reports themselves were quoting the Financial Times of London.

“The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has yet to receive any official communication on the final decision of the UK government on this matter. The Federal Government has already conveyed its objection to the bond payment to the UK government. This was done when the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Ambassador Ashiru, summoned the British High Commissioner to Nigeria, Mr. Andrew Pocock, to the Tafawa Balewa House, on June 25, 2013.

“If and when a communication to that effect is received, the Federal Government will take appropriate steps to reflect its national interest. ”

When contacted, the spokesman for the British High Commission in Abuja, Rob Fitzpatrick, said, “No final decision has been made” on the controversial policy.

He said, “As British Prime Minister David Cameron has said, we want the brightest and the best to help create the jobs and growth that will enable Britain to compete in the global race. So, for example, if you are an overseas businessman seeking to invest and trade with world class businesses, one of the thousands of legitimate students keen to study at our first-class universities or a tourist visiting our world class attractions, be in no doubt: Britain is open for business.”

It will be recalled that Ashiru, at the meeting with Pocock, warned that the government would retaliate the discriminatory policy.

On Monday the British government defended a campaign advising illegal immigrants to “go home or face arrest.”

Two trucks, each displaying a large poster with a number for migrants to send text messages if they desired to return to their countries , were seen in six London boroughs for a week.

It was learnt that posters, leaflets and advertisements in newspapers would run for a month to further promote the campaign, a pilot scheme by the interior ministry.

A member of the Liberal Democrat Party, the junior partner in the coalition government with the Conservative Party and Business Secretary, Vince Cable, called the campaign “stupid and offensive.”

The opposition Labour Party’s home affairs spokeswoman, Yvette Cooper, also said the scheme was “ludicrous.”

But Prime Minister David Cameron’s spokesman defended the campaign, saying it was clear that it was “already working” as some illegal immigrants had voluntarily agreed to leave the UK.

Source
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by 617aircav: 5:23am On Aug 02, 2013
The immigration reform will not pass in the USA. It's ridiculous. There are no jobs as it is. I support a path to citizenship for those that have spent at least 5 years living in the US, not those that have recently come in. Either way republicans will never let it pass. There has to be a limit to immigration, that's just common sense.
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by 617aircav: 5:25am On Aug 02, 2013
omar22: Its not going to happen

Most especially when the SA government slammed the British Govt and withdrew the proposal to invest up to £10bn into UK. The same sound bite is coming out of India and other nations, I believe the move have been quashed

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-23044324

The same India that is a beneficiary of UK foreign aid.
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by damieji: 5:32am On Aug 02, 2013
Afam4eva:
Nicely put

I hope Coogar and Desola are reading this.

No matter how hard they try to claim Britico, the British will value their dogs ahead of you.
I couldn't have put it any better.
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by damieji: 5:55am On Aug 02, 2013
imauri: AS MUCH AS I DO NOT SUPPORT THIS MOVE, IT IS EASY TO SEE Y MOST NIGERIANS ARE TARGETTED AND TREATED THIS WAY... just look at the comments on this trend... tribalsm/ NIGERIANS IN THE UK/US VS NIGERIANS BACK HOME.... bunch of idiots... we are all nigerians for G sake.... we fight amoungs ourselves over everything.. always wanting to degrade one another so how do u expect these people to treat u..... indians are a thousand times more unified this us...... shame shame...
True if we believe dat it is a competition to see who is better off we are going nowhere. When it comes down to it we r all nigerians and if we do not repect who we are why should d world respect us. If our leaders can't. Create policies dat instute reform" instead of creating committees. Why should they expect other leaders to care about wat they say.
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by LondonCool(m): 10:32pm On Aug 03, 2013
The £3,000 bond is supposed to be returned to either the applicant or sponsor when the person visiting has been confirmed to have embarked from UK. So whats all the fuss about?
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by cap28: 11:30am On Aug 05, 2013
Britian's wealth was built on the back of the transatlantic slave trade and vast numbers of slaves were kidnapped from nigeria - have they ever considered paying reparations for that heinous act - of course not, how about colonialism - a period during which they constructed railway lines from the northern towns to the southern towns in order to facilitate the movement of raw materials out of nigeria and into their own countries leaving virtually no development behind.

As if all of the above wasnt bad enough they are STILL in nigeria in the form of SHELL bp extracting crude oil and then selling refined oil back to us at extortionate prices and on top of that giving us loans with humungous interest rates attached which we have no chance in hell of ever paying off - and yet they stillhave the guts to impose this racist immigration policy on us - I would really like to see how those dullards that call themselves the nigerian govt tackle this latest insult from the united kingdom.

1 Like

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by trolling(m): 6:59pm On Aug 05, 2013
617aircav: The immigration reform will not pass in the USA. It's ridiculous. There are no jobs as it is. I support a path to citizenship for those that have spent at least 5 years living in the US, not those that have recently come in. Either way republicans will never let it pass. There has to be a limit to immigration, that's just common sense.
you wanna bet on it?
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Nobody: 12:09pm On Sep 11, 2013
I am in full agreement with this high-ranking British cabinet minister here.

11 September 2013 Last updated at 08:56 GMT
ShareFacebookTwitter

Vince Cable attacks government's £3,000 visitor bond

Vince Cable has criticised plans to make some overseas visitors pay a £3,000 "security bond" to enter the UK.

The business secretary said Home Secretary Theresa May was wrong to set the bond at such a level, which he said had caused "outrage" in India.

He called for a more "sensible and flexible" approach.

He also said he had "some sympathy" with Sarah Teather who is to quit as a Lib Dem MP over the party's stance on immigration and other policies.

'Depressed'
But he said the former education minister had "over-reacted" and there was a "positive story to tell" about Lib Dem achievements in government.

Brent East MP Miss Teather told The Observer she had decided not to stand at the next election because visa bonds for "high risk" visitors - first suggested by Lib Dem leader Nick Clegg - had left her feeling "desolate" and "catastrophically depressed".

Mr Clegg first floated the idea of cash bonds to be paid by visitors from "high risk" countries in March.

But Mr Cable claimed the deputy prime minister's plan, which suggested a bond of £1,000, had been deliberately misinterpreted by some of their Conservative cabinet colleagues.

"What Nick Clegg said was if somebody in the Indian sub-continent, for example, was turned down for a visa, they could, as an alternative, come up with a bond," he told BBC Radio 4's Today programme.

"And had that proposal been accepted I think most people would not have seen a problem with it. It would actually make it easier for some people to come who had good reason to do so.

"But the way some of our colleagues interpreted was in a much more negative way, of saying that everybody who comes here should pay this very large bond and that's what Sarah reacted against."

'High risk'
He said both he and Nick Clegg would be arguing in government for a "much more sensible and flexible" approach to the policy, which had yet to be finalised.

And he claimed Theresa May's version of the plan would harm relations with important trading partners such as India.

The bond idea, to be piloted from November, is aimed at deterring people from "high risk" countries staying in the UK once their short-term visas expire.

It has been reported that visitors from India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Ghana and Nigeria will be required to deposit £3,000 ($4,600) for a six-month visa, to be forfeited if they don't leave when they should.

Mrs May says the problem of so-called "overstayers" was one of the biggest challenges facing the immigration system and they want to target visitors from certain countries who present the greatest risk.

Source

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

History Of Nigeria Police Igs. From Edet To Arase / Lai Mohammed On 'Winning' Against Boko Haram And The Twitter Ban - BBC Africa / Sheriff Suspends Edo PDP Exco

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.