Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,515 members, 7,830,529 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

£3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November (15766 Views)

House Of Reps Kick Against N390bn Bond To Finance Power Sector / More Than 200,000 UK Ballot Papers Stolen By Van Thieves / FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by leunamme93(m): 2:46pm On Jul 29, 2013
coogar:

my dog lives a far comfortable life than a homoerotic nuisance like yourself and he doesn't even eat more than 2 square meals because of it's tendency to be overweight!
I surely eat and eat well of course and am talking of real food and not the packaged one you get for yourself with the crumbs you give to your dog.
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jul 29, 2013

5 Likes

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Pataki: 2:48pm On Jul 29, 2013
coogar:

ghana, south africa and india were included......

they should apply the policy to every non-EU country.
This is just a test pilot scheme you know. Possibly if it is a success, they might extend their tentacles to all other non EU countries.
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by coogar: 2:52pm On Jul 29, 2013
Desola:
Nope, it shouldn't be applied to the U.S for instance because they have no reason to come and settle here in their numbers. Their economy is relatively better. New Zealand, Canada and Australia should not be checked because they are part of the British Kingdom. All other countries with low migration into the UK need not be affected either.

but in the report eGuerilla provided, these countries make up the highest violators of the UK immigration laws. it's not like they pay in NHS hospitals too if they fall sick. last time i checked, ghana, nigeria and india were also british colonies. compare how france treats her former colonies to how the UK treats hers - it's so unfair!!!

who put the brits in check when they were busy pillaging nigerian villages? did we give them visas then? they butchered africa like pork, doing as they please. räping our women, tossing the sick over the board and now they want out? nigeria is the mistress britain impregnated outside wedlock, they cannot but cater for us! we are part of them! grin

It's people like us who scream poverty, yet have money to apply for visas multiple times despite refusal who should face the brunt. If the UK is so bad, why do we want to go there at all cost if not to take advantage of something? That is the logic. We go to the UK claiming to be visitors yet we have our children there, we go for unplanned and uninsured treatments which tab would have to be picked by the British government. Abeg its a no brainer. Nigeria deserves the treatment it receives anywhere in the world!

the people going to the UK from nigeria are rich or must be rich. they certainly belong to the top 10% of the highest income earners. i cannot begrudge a man that wants to survive........the brits got us to where we are directly or indirectly! they should take the chaff with the wheat.

If we can't put our house in order, we should not complain of unfairness if others would stop us from coming to put their houses in a mess too.
Na so.

part of why our house is not in order can also be blamed on the brits. packing people of disparate culture together and calling it nigeria is why we are here today. i have no common interest with the average fulani man. why are we both nigerians?

1 Like

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Desola(f): 2:52pm On Jul 29, 2013
ooseven: While most white nations are trying hard to eradicate racism, it is indeed very sad to see fellow Africans trying hard to repress the progress of others.

I hope when I eventually have a kid he/she won't grow up to despise his/her own people just because she was raised in a developed nation.

Most of you privileged to hold a foreign passport succeeded because of the sacrifices made by either your parents or yourself. So just imagine if there was an African somewhere gloating over the fact that you were denied a visa to pursue your dreams just because you are Nigerian and your parents can't afford 3000 extra.

@Desola, whatever your argument is about, you come across as very arrogant and stuck up.....not good...especially against your own people. Its a symptom of severe identity crisis. Learn from the Indians...when abroad, they are always united!.

Your opinion is appreciated and well taken on board.

NEXT!!!

1 Like

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by blank(f): 2:52pm On Jul 29, 2013
Nigerian govt should also, put a bond on all Nigerians that want to travel to UK maybe of 5000GBP. Before a tourist will pay 8000GBP to go to UK, them go think am twice. By the time people are not going to UK to shop, no one will tell them to reverse their stupid policy. Na Nigerians dey give them level.

1 Like

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Desola(f): 2:55pm On Jul 29, 2013
blank: Nigerian govt should also, put a bond on all Nigerians that want to travel to UK maybe of 5000GBP. Before a tourist will pay 8000GBP to go to UK, them go think am twice. By the time people are not going to UK to shop, no one will tell them to reverse their stupid policy. Na Nigerians dey give them level.

Exactly!

Lets call their bluff and stop taking such funds out of our own economy!

You'll be surprised at the turnaround Nigeria would experience of all those youths starts small scale businesses with such funds and become their own bosses!

T

1 Like

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by coogar: 2:57pm On Jul 29, 2013
blank: Nigerian govt should also, put a bond on all Nigerians that want to travel to UK maybe of 5000GBP. Before a tourist will pay 8000GBP to go to UK, them go think am twice. By the time people are not going to UK to shop, no one will tell them to reverse their stupid policy. Na Nigerians dey give them level.

they will survive without us but i want FG to make british citizens pay £20,000 bond as well. let's see who would blink first. such policies would force the opposition parties to shout down cameron and his goons.
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 29, 2013
So much bitterness in this feminine called Desola. Perhaps she belongs to the class of the mid-forties unmarried barren women. Please seek help and go closer to God.

1 Like

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by otokx(m): 3:02pm On Jul 29, 2013
Its their country, they can decide how who comes in and goes out?

1 Like

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Desola(f): 3:04pm On Jul 29, 2013
coogar:

they will survive without us but i want FG to make british citizens pay £20,000 bond as well. let's see who would blink first. such policies would force the opposition parties to shout down cameron and his goons.

I'd like to see that, actually.

Although I must say that it would only affect the few Non Nigerian British expats who work in the oil sector.

2 Likes

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Skywalker5(m): 3:04pm On Jul 29, 2013

You are right on that one but the silly people running Nigeria wont do that besides no matter how much price tag on this,Nigerians will still queue up at the UK embassy. Just go to the nearest UKBA in Lagos and i am sure the queue is still there.
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Desola(f): 3:04pm On Jul 29, 2013
lucenzo: So much bitterness in this feminine called Desola. Perhaps she belongs to the class of the mid-forties unmarried barren women. Please seek help and go closer to God.

perhaps, perhaps, perhaps...

2 Likes

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by CALLMESTAR(f): 3:06pm On Jul 29, 2013
that's a wise thing to say.
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by coogar: 3:08pm On Jul 29, 2013
Desola:
I'd like to see that, actually.

Although I must say that it would only affect the few Non Nigerian British expats who work in the oil sector.

it would affect nigerians with british passports too - let's see how cameron would cope with the thousands of petitions that would be shoved in his arsë. by the time 200,000 nigerians sign that petition, a middle-ground would be reached!
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Desola(f): 3:09pm On Jul 29, 2013
coogar:

it would affect nigerians with british passports too - let's see how cameron would cope with the thousands of petitions that would be shoved in his arsë. by the time 200,000 nigerians sign that petition, a middle-ground would be reached!

Not if they are dual nationals.

Go figure!
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Kessythegeek(m): 3:11pm On Jul 29, 2013
Desola:

Says he who has never crossed the Atlantic Ocean let alone boarded a plane.

Nonsense!'
YOU R SO BACKWARD...!! Its written all over you..peckham pincher!
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Desola(f): 3:14pm On Jul 29, 2013
wink

Kessythegeek: YOU R SO BACKWARD...!! Its written all over you..peckham pincher!

1 Like

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by coogar: 3:15pm On Jul 29, 2013
Desola:
Not if they are dual nationals.
Go figure!

but you will agree some nigerians only carry the british passport, won't you?
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Kessythegeek(m): 3:16pm On Jul 29, 2013
Desola:

perhaps, perhaps, perhaps...
what pains me most is how you shove everyone else problem into your arse! Peckham pincher...you are a clear sign of why the whitemen think Africans backward...because you manage to live hand to mouth...in a toilet-sized slum u call home...u cant mind ur own wahala? Abi u dey mad ni?
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Desola(f): 3:18pm On Jul 29, 2013
coogar:

but you will agree some nigerians only carry the british passport, won't you?

Perhaps those who never wish to be known as Nigerians or never forsee having any future relations with Nigeria. In that case, the possibility of such people signing a petition is a moot point.

Most British Nigerians who travel or wish to travel to Nigeria at some point will obtain a Nigerian passport.
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by coogar: 3:20pm On Jul 29, 2013
Desola:
Perhaps those who never wish to be known as Nigerians or never forsee having any future relations with Nigeria. In that case, the possibility of such people signing a petition is a moot point.

Most Nigerians who travel or wish to travel to Nigeria at some point will obtain a Nigerian passport.

let's wait and see.....

adaobi, if you are reading this.....start some swimming lessons. there's a possibility if you start from thames, you might bust out in lekki beach after 2 weeks(provided the tide and the current are friendly).
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Desola(f): 3:22pm On Jul 29, 2013
coogar:

let's wait and see.....

adaobi, if you are reading this.....start some swimming lessons. there's a possibility if you start from thames, you might bust out in lekki beach after 2 weeks(provided the tide and the current are friendly).

grin grin

is Adaobi your new flame? wink

Why must she swim when she can simply get on a plane?
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Kessythegeek(m): 3:22pm On Jul 29, 2013
Some not-so-well african-briton just made my day....
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Desola(f): 3:23pm On Jul 29, 2013
Kessythegeek: what pains me most is how you shove everyone else problem into your arse! Peckham pincher...you are a clear sign of why the whitemen think Africans backward...because you manage to live hand to mouth...in a toilet-sized slum u call home...u cant mind ur own wahala? Abi u dey mad ni?

aww...i'm sorry you're pained.
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by snowflake1(m): 3:24pm On Jul 29, 2013
It's sad when clowns like AFAM4EVA try to belittle Peckham residents. Your stories are either subjective or based on hearsays.

1 Like

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Kessythegeek(m): 3:26pm On Jul 29, 2013
snow flake: It's sad when clowns like AFAM4EVA try to belittle Peckham residents. Your stories are either subjective or based on hearsays.
shutup and read from page (1)if you can atleast read!
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jul 29, 2013
coogar:

let's wait and see.....

Lmaoo grin

I have a nigerian passport tongue

No swimming for me. wink
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by coogar: 3:26pm On Jul 29, 2013
Desola:
grin grin
is Adaobi your new flame? wink

she's my cousin on my mum's side...

Why must she swim when she can simply get on a plane?

she has no green passport and if nigeria should attach £20,000 bond, she won't be able to afford it.

the nigerian bond can create it's own wahala.....those crooked immigration officers can start kidnapping travellers so they can overstay their visas - knowing that overstaying their visa will fetch cool £20k to their pockets. grin cheesy

adaobi123:
Lmaoo grin
I have a nigerian passport tongue
No swimming for me. wink

i don't believe you - are you sure it wasn't bought in peckham?
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Pataki: 3:27pm On Jul 29, 2013
Kessythegeek: shutup and read from page (1)if you can atleast read!

Why are you attacking everyone here?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ogbemudia Promises Payback To Oshiomhole / Diezani’s ‘cousin’, Donald Chidi-Amamgbo Arrested By EFCC Over Fraud / Why I Don’t Regret Working With Goodluck Jonathan – Reuben Abati

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.