Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,004 members, 7,835,400 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:38 AM

£3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November (15773 Views)

House Of Reps Kick Against N390bn Bond To Finance Power Sector / More Than 200,000 UK Ballot Papers Stolen By Van Thieves / FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by mickyarams: 1:33pm On Jul 29, 2013
The truth about life is you get treated the way you treat yourself. Since Africans especially Nigerians have chosen to treat themselves like savages abroad and oyinbos that come to our country we treat them like kings and lick their ass. We are so greedy and it's destroying us slowly, how can you explain people living in poverty in the midst of plenty and we expect other countries to respect us.
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by coogar: 1:33pm On Jul 29, 2013
TheBookWorm:
Is that so? I know many Nigerian-Americans living the American dream. Not living in some ghetto or on welfare like the ones in the UK.

the story is the same here. there are thousands of successful nigerians in the UK as well. there's no ghetto in the UK, no projects and the black population is not disproportionately represented in the UK prisons.

Nigerians have much easier chance of being successful in the US, than in the UK. In some US cities, they even welcome us like in Houston.

i doubt it......do you have any empirical statistics to back this up? this is not a playground of juveniles. print out the stats and let's compare.....throwing conjectures in the air will not cut the cheese.

1 Like

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by TheBookWorm: 1:34pm On Jul 29, 2013
Why live in Peckam when you can live in Houston or my hometown of New York City?

Come join a prosperous Nigerian-American community! cool
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Areaboy2(m): 1:35pm On Jul 29, 2013
Desola:

You bet! See your brother, Afam's bucket list above.

Nigerians are coming for you, warts and all!

you sound really bitter.. what have they done to you?
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Theflint1(m): 1:35pm On Jul 29, 2013
think this is a lesson to nigeria as to how to run a country, running it like a business venture.
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by coogar: 1:37pm On Jul 29, 2013
TheBookWorm: Why live in Peckam when you can live in Houston or my hometown of New York City?

Come join a prosperous Nigerian-American community!

more idiotic statements yet again....
even after we have proven a room in peckham cost more than a 4 bedroom house in houston plus a range-rover sport! why don't you just shut up and go do something to your cheap houses that keep getting blown apart in mild tornadoes?

prosperous community indeed!!!
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jul 29, 2013
coogar:
the story is the same here. there are thousands of successful nigerians in the UK as well. there's no ghetto in the UK, no projects and the black population is not disproportionately represented in the UK prisons.

Back up a bit on this one. Black folks are proportionally over-presented in prisons and mental institutions in the UK - fact.
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Nobody: 1:39pm On Jul 29, 2013
coogar:
MPs won't approve it. vince cable was on TV yesterday and he said the move is racist! the policy to let high risk migrants pay a bond and the notorious ads asking illegal immigrants to leave are all racist moves according to mr. cable. in this age of political correctness, theresa may won't survive the outrage!
If vince cable iss made the home secretary even for a day the borders will be left unmanned.

Dude has been clamouring for a change in immigration policy. As the business tsar, he'll kick against any policy that'll stop the influx of people who Are most likely going to spend money.

Theresa May needs to chill. A cup of horlicks will do while at it.
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by coogar: 1:42pm On Jul 29, 2013
eGuerrilla:
Back up a bit on this one. Black folks are proportionally over-presented in prisons and mental institutions in the UK - fact.

that report was shouted down and if you consider the fraction of the blacks held under immigration issues(something quite rare in the US), then it's a no-brainer.
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Dee60: 1:42pm On Jul 29, 2013
mikeansy: If this policy comes to effect Nigeria owes it as a duty to herself to place harsh conditions to all British interests in Nigeria.

All British expatriate workers should require to pay 5000pounds visa fee and 1million pounds bond to come and work in Nigeria

The tax policies for all businesses with British ownership should also be raised to 50%

We really don't need Britain anymore to be honest. It is time to isolate this arrogant good for nothing country!

What you do not realize is that the money for what you suggested will be coughed out by Nigerians! We are already being TAXED by European companies operating in Nigeria, by way of over-pricing the goods and services they offer. If we charge them they will simply TAX us more! We are weak, we are unserious, our leaders will only quickly pass laws that allow them to chase 13 year old girls! We are very corrupt. Now Britain will tax us here and tax us abroad, and we wont be able to do anything about it. Forget all the NOISE from our foreign ministry. It means nothing and the British know it! That is why they are going ahead.

2 Likes

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by philips70(m): 1:43pm On Jul 29, 2013
Desola:

Well, I'm sure that is a negligible price to pay as far as the British government is concerned when cognisance is taken of the number of Nigerians present and willing to enter the UK in sharp comparison to the very few Britons who work in Nigeria.

I wouldn't mind paying such price if I were the uk. Britons in Nigeria majorly highly skilled tax payers whose expertise are highly sought after as opposed to prejoratively low skilled economic migrants who troop into the UK.

The UK wins.
[b]

Says an ignorant girl with a very myopic view and knowledge of what the skill level of Nigerians and Britons who work here in Africa at the moment. If you don't know, most foreigners who come here to work at moment come as a result of the expatriate quota in the oil and gas industry. Before you start ranting, I work for the 3rd largest conglomerate on the planet earth with broad interest in almost all spheres in world economy. And am proud to tell you that as we speak I have Britons who work under my supervision from time to time. Am not even in management level but because I work for a company who doesn't care about your colour or where you come from. This is not the past. There are thousands of Nigerians who can hold up to their own anywhere around the world in the Oil and gas industry where these same whites who come here work. Stop talking down on Nigerian professionals. If you don't have information seek for it. Let me not forget to add that I have worked with many Britons and Scots who have got no clue at all. So naive to the point they don't even know where the zee is in a keyboard. Technically, they are just trolling.
Just stop talking down on your people if ever you are one of us.[/b]

8 Likes

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Theflint1(m): 1:44pm On Jul 29, 2013
coogar:

more idiotic statements yet again....
even after we have proven a room in peckham cost more than a 4 bedroom house in houston plus a range-rover sport! why don't you just shut up and go do something to your cheap houses that keep getting blown apart in mild tornadoes?

prosperous community indeed!!!
foooool....is that how an ideal country ought to be, where the poor and middle income can't survive.

2 Likes

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jul 29, 2013
OMO IBO:
If vince cable iss made the home secretary even for a day the borders will be left unmanned.

Dude has been clamouring for a change in immigration policy. As the business tsar, he'll kick against any policy that'll stop the influx of people who Are most likely going to spend money.

Theresa May needs to chill. A cup of horlicks will do while at it.

Vincy understands what makes the economy tick - Britain's "relocated colony" which exists in the very heart of London.
All those who refuse to accept this incontrovertible fact are simply as deluded as they come cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Desola(f): 1:45pm On Jul 29, 2013
philips70: [b]

Says an ignorant girl with a very myopic view and knowledge of what the skill level of Nigerians and Britons who work here in Africa at the moment. If you don't know, most foreigners who come here to work at moment come as a result of the expatriate quota in the oil and gas industry. Before you start ranting, I work for the 3rd largest conglomerate on the planet earth with broad interest in almost all spheres in world economy. And am proud to tell you that as we speak I have Britons who work under my supervision from time to time. Am not even in management level but because I work for a company who doesn't care about your colour or where you come from. This is not the past. There are thousands of Nigerians who can hold up to their own anywhere around the world in the Oil and gas industry where these same whites who come here work. Stop talking down on Nigerian professionals. If you don't have information seek for it. Let me not forget to add that I have worked with many Britons and Scots who have got no clue at all. So naive to the point they don't even know where the zee is in a keyboard. Technically, they are just trolling.
Just stop talking down on your people if ever you are one of us.[/b]

Can you prove any of your assertions?

I don't believe you. You are Nigerian, aren't you? wink
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by coogar: 1:46pm On Jul 29, 2013
The flint: foooool....is that how an ideal country ought to be, where the poor and middle income can't survive.

what's this doofus on about? why is your reply unrelated to my statement? are you smoking your own pubes?
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Desola(f): 1:47pm On Jul 29, 2013
I've lost track of the sensible ones a la Coogar and eguerilla.

The miscreants have now taken over. I suppose it's to the dogs now, eh?

Well, I should have known it would come down to this since the chief clown graced this thread from the inception of the thread.
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by makapella(m): 1:48pm On Jul 29, 2013
[quote
author=Desola]

Well, I'm sure that is a negligible price to pay as far as the British
government is concerned when cognisance is taken of the number of
Nigerians present and willing to enter the UK in sharp comparison to the
very few Britons who work in Nigeria.

I wouldn't mind paying such price if I were the uk. Britons in Nigeria
majorly highly skilled tax payers whose expertise are highly sought
after as opposed to prejoratively low skilled economic migrants who
troop into the UK.

The UK wins.[/quote] u baitch....f.uck you
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Desola(f): 1:49pm On Jul 29, 2013
coogar:

what's this doofus on about? why is your reply unrelated to my statement? are you smoking your own pubes?

Ah! Coogar, you're still here. Good!
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Desola(f): 1:50pm On Jul 29, 2013
makapella: u baitch....f.uck you

Don't be tetchy!

All you need do now is just get the 3k or hop on to the US. wink
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by coogar: 1:50pm On Jul 29, 2013
Desola:
Ah! Coogar, you're still here. Good!

i still full ground....
why do you support theresa may on this one?
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Desola(f): 1:53pm On Jul 29, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Vincy understands what makes the economy tick - Britain's "relocated colony" which exists in the very heart of London.
All those who refuse to accept this incontrovertible fact are simply as deluded as they come cheesy cheesy cheesy

Having an influx of economic migrants who can seldom secure an 18k per annum job isn't exactly wise business move, is it?

Moreover, the UK has too look out for its EU citizens first before worrying its head about third world countries. They have their own third world EU citizens in Romania and most East European countries to worry about.

Why waste time on those who would put hard labour on their free NHS and social benefits. That's what the polish, romanians and other Eastern Europeans are there for.
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by coogar: 1:59pm On Jul 29, 2013
Desola:
Having an influx of economic migrants who can seldom secure an 18k per annum job isn't exactly wise business move, is it?

but that £18k still gets taxed. they pay council tax directly or indirectly and they don't rely on the benefits to get by.

Moreover, the UK has too look out for its EU citizens first before worrying its head about third world countries. They have their own third world EU citizens in Romania and most East European countries to worry about.

these ones are actually the scroungers. they are the ones most likely to commit heinous crimes, depend largely on benefits and raise children like pigs.

Why waste time on those who would put head labour on their free NHS and social benefits. That's what the polish, romanians and other Eastern Europeans are there for.

so you think nigerians are worse than romanians? really? the romanians who practise the art of pocket-picking before coming to the UK. the romanians that have perfected the art of manipulating various cash points in the UK o siphon your money?

as far as crime is concerned in this country, nigerians are students to asians and romanians!
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by luvola(m): 2:05pm On Jul 29, 2013
I do not know what Nigerian are doing in that forsaken country . The federal Govt should also fires a crunshing response to this discriminatory policy of this colonialist country. To hell with u.k
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by geekinthelead: 2:05pm On Jul 29, 2013
leunamme93:
I see you lack value and pride for being called a Nigerian. Just watch out for the Nigerians that will shake this world, and Yes, i know you will be gnashing your teeth then. Dont ever think you are better than anyone here because you are just giving the privilege, you come here to rant all manner of rubbish. I don't want to insult you because you are a Nigerian, will always be and also to maintain the rules here in Nairaland. You see We Nigerians keep to rules and regulation.

tongue tongue I chucked that worthless Nigerian passport away looooooong time ago... tongue tongue tongue
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by MAYOWAAK: 2:06pm On Jul 29, 2013
For any Nigerian desperate to migrate to the UK -and will do so illegally- the £3000 bond is a only a small hurdle.

Nigerians will make all the noise on social media but will eventually pay.

Besides, those who can afford the sum easily are not the ones who will become illegal immigrants.

Those who cannot afford it are the ones who will lose it.

Yes, Nigeria is that badly screwed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

History Of Nigeria Police Igs. From Edet To Arase / Aisha Buhari And Dolapo Osinbajo In Adorable Photo / Death toll rises to 4 in Blast Near Mosque In Maiduguri After Friday Prayers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.