Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,747 members, 7,831,383 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

£3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November (15769 Views)

House Of Reps Kick Against N390bn Bond To Finance Power Sector / More Than 200,000 UK Ballot Papers Stolen By Van Thieves / FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Desola(f): 12:39pm On Jul 29, 2013
dridowu: Am 100% sure guys go hussle and pay dat £3k , i doubt if dos dat pay will return bak to 9ja as wen d visa is due

I doubt that it would be as easy as pay a bond and the door would be left ajar for you to enter. The rules and requirement would still need to be met and the guarantor (most likely a UK resident) would be held liable should the visitor abscond I'm sure.
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by TheBookWorm: 12:50pm On Jul 29, 2013
Afam4eva:
Those people tried going to the US or Canada but were not issued a visa, so they copted for the UK. Getting a US visa is not moi moi especially if the applicant cannot present themselves like is coming with peckam brought ups.

And I am glad that the US has such a tight policy. We do not need any troublesome Nigerians sullying our good name here.

Educated and hardworking Nigerians are welcomed, but we do not need any leachers like the ones that are found in the UK.
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by coogar: 12:50pm On Jul 29, 2013
Desola: Long overdue policy!
I support it!

MPs won't approve it. vince cable was on TV yesterday and he said the move is racist! the policy to let high risk migrants pay a bond and the notorious ads asking illegal immigrants to leave are all racist moves according to mr. cable. in this age of political correctness, theresa may won't survive the outrage!
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Desola(f): 12:57pm On Jul 29, 2013
TheBookWorm:

And I am glad that the US has such a tight policy. We do not need any troublesome Nigerians sullying our good name here.

Educated and hardworking Nigerians are welcomed, but we do not need any leachers like the ones that are found in the UK.

You're that ibo guys that believe all Nigerians in the UK to be Yorubas and now fear that the stringent requirement by the UK would now mean that you will be seeing a lot of Yoruba "leeches" in your specially carved ibo annex called The U.S, right?

Hahaha...clowns abound on this effing forum, I swear! You just gotta love them!
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Nobody: 12:58pm On Jul 29, 2013
Desola:

Meaning only the wealthy would be allowed.

Makes sense to me, judging by the manner in which Nigerians and other Asian countries abuse that country.

Ride on Theresa!

For refusing to accept its reduced status in the annals of world affairs, UKaria gets everything it deserves, in my opinion wink

1 Like

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by TheBookWorm: 1:00pm On Jul 29, 2013
Desola:

You're that ibo guys that believe all Nigerians in the UK to be Yorubas and now fear that the stringent requirement by the UK would now mean that you will be seeing a lot of Yoruba "leeches" in your specially carved ibo annex called The U.S, right?

Hahaha...clowns abound on this effing forum, I swear! You just gotta love them!

I have never said I was Igbo anywhere on this forum. Do not try to project any tribalism on me.

The Brits may rub me the wrong way, but I have nothing but love for Nigerian brothers and sisters in the UK regardless if they are Igbo, Yoruba, Edo etc. We just do not want the moochers found in the UK to come to the US now.

4 Likes

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Desola(f): 1:01pm On Jul 29, 2013
coogar:

MPs won't approve it. vince cable was on TV yesterday and he said the move is racist! the policy to let high risk migrants pay a bond and the notorious ads asking illegal immigrants to leave are all racist moves according to mr. cable. in this age of political correctness, theresa may won't survive the outrage!

Vince Cable of Lib Dem? That party lost the plot a long time ago and is probably rumbling to remain relevant.

Truth be told though, that country cannot continue to be run as it is. Immigration needs to be checked at all cost.
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jul 29, 2013
coogar:

Even Cameron is dead set against it.
Let's recall he was over in India with a begging bowl not so long ago.
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Desola(f): 1:03pm On Jul 29, 2013
eGuerrilla:

For refusing to accept its reduced status in the annals of world affairs, UKaria gets everything it deserves, in my opinion wink

See, it's ingrates like this that we speak of. Same mentality the ibos exhibit against Lagos.
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by TheBookWorm: 1:05pm On Jul 29, 2013
I do not even know why anyone would want to move to the UK when you have better places in the US where you can feel comfortable

The UK is a country that lives in its former glory. It should be happy that immigrants are trying to prop up its poor economy.
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Desola(f): 1:05pm On Jul 29, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Can a cabinet minister make a policy which is against its party's manifesto? If Cameron hadnt agreed to it, Theresa nor the immigration minister would not have the audacity to implement it.
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jul 29, 2013
Desola:

See, it's ingrates like this that we speak of. Same mentality the ibos exhibit against Lagos.

I will take that one in stride tongue
Not for me the parochialism of rule Britannia!
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Desola(f): 1:08pm On Jul 29, 2013
TheBookWorm: I do not even know why anyone would want to move to the UK when you have better places in the US where you can feel comfortable

The UK is a country that lives in its former glory. It should be happy that immigrants are trying to prop up its poor economy.

Confused much!

One corner of your mouth is lamenting the influx of other Nigerians into your Utopia while the other is wondering why the US was not their first choice.

Do you wanna take time out to sync your cognitive faculties with your fingers and return to make another attempt at making sense?
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 29, 2013
Oya na, make guys hustle.
Me sabi b4 say Naija were just doing what I call 'Initial garagara'.
After making noise, they will still accept the visa bond.
They(naija) might even put jara sef on top d money
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jul 29, 2013
Desola:

Can a cabinet minister make a policy which is against its party's manifesto? If Cameron hadnt agreed to it, Theresa nor the immigration minister would not have the audacity to implement it.

It is the Hausa who say "perhaps" prevents the white man from telling a lie - they understood English chicanery all too well.

Cameron knows what he is doing by allowing Theresa to run with these trials.
If the bond policy tanks, as it is unlikely to, Theresa gets to be the fall gal.

2 Likes

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by coogar: 1:15pm On Jul 29, 2013
Desola: .
Vince Cable of Lib Dem? That party lost the plot a long time ago and is probably rumbling to remain relevant.

Truth be told though, that country cannot continue to be run as it is. Immigration needs to be checked at all cost.

it's a coalition government and the lib dems insisted they were not told about the campaign. the immigration arm that needs to be checked are the 2.3 million romanians that are streaming in next year.

eGuerrilla:

cameron can't do shyte - the controversy surrounding those issues were largely unexpected. the UK official in nigeria had to do a U-turn and offered a poor excuse. he said only applicants with a history of poor immigration record would be targeted or applicants that are considered high risk....

but it begs the question - if an applicant is considered high risk, why let him in? the policy in principle cannot be defended. it's mainly targeted against the people of black/brown skin - many of which are british colonies. americans, australians, etc always violate the immigration rules - why weren't they targeted?
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by TheBookWorm: 1:17pm On Jul 29, 2013
Desola:

Confused much!

One corner of your mouth is lamenting the influx of other Nigerians into your Utopia while the other is wondering why the US was not their first choice.

Do you wanna take time out to sync your cognitive faculties with your fingers and return to make another attempt at making sense?

Do you have a problem with men?

Seems like you are at war with men constantly on this forum. It has to be that. Calm down sister.
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by BankuTilapia: 1:18pm On Jul 29, 2013
Afam4eva: Now people will stop going to the UK. Not as if there's anything to gain from that country anyways. Moving from Naija to the UK is like going from fry pan to fire. Even those that are there are seeking a return ticket.

Ders constant light, no bombings der n university education is a trillion times better than Nigeria. So wot da phuck r u talking about.

1 Like

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by coogar: 1:18pm On Jul 29, 2013
TheBookWorm: I do not even know why anyone would want to move to the UK when you have better places in the US where you can feel comfortable

statements like this often make one looks like a complete ignoramus. sometimes, it's better to tape it shut than make it too obvious that your IQ is a single-digit!
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jul 29, 2013
coogar:

it's a coalition government and the lib dems insisted they were not told about the campaign. the immigration arm that needs to be checked are the 2.3 million romanians that are streaming in next year.

cameron can't do shyte - the controversy surrounding those issues were largely unexpected. the UK official in nigeria had to do a U-turn and offered a poor excuse. he said only applicants with a history of poor immigration record would be targeted or applicants that are considered high risk....

but it begs the question - if an applicant is considered high risk, why let him in? the policy in principle cannot be defended. it's mainly targeted against the people of black/brown skin - many of which are british colonies. americans, australians, etc always violate the immigration rules - why weren't they targeted?

Indeed coogar.

The emboldened portion of your post is what I find problematic in Desola's wholesale acceptance of this discriminatory policy.

Most illegal migrants likely to be white

Long-stay immigrants into the UK from Poland, India and China are outnumbered by Germans, South Africans, North Americans, people from the white Commonwealth and returning Britons.

Official figures show that of the top ten migrant countries in 2008, 137,000 were from the first group and 152,000 from the second group.

There is no debate in the media, among politicians and among the public concerning North Americans and the white Commonwealth.

The fact that they ‘take jobs’ in the UK does not feature as an issue among those who are most concerned about immigration.

hTe anti-immigration campaign group Migration Watch and UKIP create fear about immigration numbers and fail to point out that immigrants include people from Australia, US, New Zealand and others.

The figures are contained in the Office for National Statistics latest annual report on migration, Migration Statistics 2008, http://www.official-documents.gov.uk/document/cm71/7197/7197.pdf

Of those intending to stay for a long period, the report states:
British, 77,000 (i.e. UK citizens returning to the UK)
Poland, 54,000
India, 48,000
China, 18,000
Germany, 18,000
Pakistan, 17,000
USA, 15,000
South Africa, Australia, Italy, 14,000

The report suggests that many of the Indian, Chinese and perhaps Pakistani long-stay migrants are students. It states: ‘More than half of all migrants arriving in the UK for formal study were citizens of an Asian country. Of the 91,000 Asian migrants arriving in the UK in 2008 to study, 22 per cent were Indian citizens and 17 per cent were Chinese citizens.’

The number of asylum seekers have been falling. Official figures excluding dependants, states that asylum applications received in 2006 was 23,610, 8 per cent less than in 2005.

In terms of all visitors and migrants into the UK, the report states: ‘Citizens of the United States of America (USA) comprised 32 per cent of total non-EEA admissions, the nationality with by far the most admissions, representing an increase of 6 per cent to 4.1 million in 2006. The next three nationalities with the highest numbers of admissions were Australia (up 8 per cent to 1.1 million), Canada (up 11 per cent to 1.0 million) and India (up 23 per cent to 0.8 million).’

It is likely that most illegal immigrants are from North America and white Commonwealth countries.

According to the Institute for Public Policy Research, few people sneak into the country undetected so most illegal immigrants are overstayers, or people who stay in the UK beyond their entitlement.

There are few figures concerning overstayers by country. When Australia checked their overstayers in 2005, they found the top countries were the US and Britain.
insidejob

Source: http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2010/05/451993.html?c=on
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by TheBookWorm: 1:21pm On Jul 29, 2013
coogar:

statements like this often make one looks like a complete ignoramus. sometimes, it's better to tape it shut than make it too obvious that your IQ is a single-digit!

Didn't we have this discussion before why the US is much better than the UK?

It is the truth. The US is a land of immigrants, the UK is not. Deal with it.
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by cold(m): 1:21pm On Jul 29, 2013
'High risk applicants'. Is that the new euphemism for profiling?
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by dotcomnamename: 1:21pm On Jul 29, 2013
[size=15pt]HALF DEAD COUNTRY FEELING HIGH.

HALF DEAD COUNTRY FEELING IMPORTANT

HALF DEAD COUNTRY FEELING RELEVANT

UK, HOME OF STRESS, PANIC & FEAR OF PERSECUTION

Nonsense and Bulshit

Back to my Akpu and okro soup[/size]
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by justwise(m): 1:22pm On Jul 29, 2013
Afam4eva: Now people will stop going to the UK. Not as if there's anything to gain from that country anyways. Moving from Naija to the UK is like going from fry pan to fire. Even those that are there are seeking a return ticket.

You need to leave the house a bit more.

3 Likes

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by TheBookWorm: 1:23pm On Jul 29, 2013
"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!" - Plaque on the State of Liberty cool

1 Like

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by coogar: 1:25pm On Jul 29, 2013
TheBookWorm:
Didn't we have this discussion before why the US is much better than the UK?

It is the truth. The US is a land of immigrants, the UK is not. Deal with it.

and you lost when facts were reeled out that you are more likely to be in prison than attain the pinnacle of your career in america. trayvon martin wanted to be a senator, he's lying 6 feet under.

thebookworm, watch out, you might be next!

eGuerrilla:
Indeed coogar.

The emboldened portion of your post is what I find problematic in Desola's wholesale acceptance of this discriminatory policy.

Source: http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2010/05/451993.html?c=on

desola is looking at it on the surface.....if she takes her time to properly assess what the policy is really about, she would make a U-turn. even my white colleagues believe the policy is quite racist!

1 Like

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by TheBookWorm: 1:27pm On Jul 29, 2013
coogar:

and you lost when facts were reeled out that you are more likely to be in prison than attain the pinnacle of your career in america. trayvon martin wanted to be a senator, he's lying 6 feet under.

thebookworm, watch out, you might be next!

Is that so? I know many Nigerian-Americans living the American dream. Not living in some ghetto or on welfare like the ones in the UK.

Nigerians have much easier chance of being successful in the US, than in the UK. In some US cities, they even welcome us like in Houston.
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Desola(f): 1:28pm On Jul 29, 2013
eGuerrilla:

It is the Hausa who say "perhaps" prevents the white man from telling a lie - they understood English chicanery all too well.

Cameron knows what he is doing by allowing Theresa to run with these trials.
If the bond policy tanks, as it is unlikely to, Theresa gets to be the fall gal.

Ministerial responsibility. Indeed, she may have to ultimately resign if it all goes belly up and affects the economy negatively (a la decline in visa application fees revenue) but it would ultimately reflect badly against Cameron. It's called Ministerial Responsibility.
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by alphaconde(m): 1:30pm On Jul 29, 2013
Nice policy for pple who just cant stay in their countries.

1 Like

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by dotcomnamename: 1:30pm On Jul 29, 2013
[size=16pt]ALTERNATIVE?[/size]

[size=13pt]Come to Ireland: You will enjoy your holiday in DUBLIN, CORK, LIMERICK, WATERFORD, GALWAY, DUNDALK, BRAY, etc.

We don't charge any fu*kin £3000

Just apply for your visa with the right documents and come over

I will welcome you

F**k UK, F**k Britain

Nonsense & Bulshit [/size]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nasarawa Governorship Primaries: Maku Gives PDP One Week Ultimatum / Aisha Buhari And Dolapo Osinbajo In Adorable Photo / Banning Of Open Grazing, An Invitation To Anarchy, Fulani Group Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.