Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,058 members, 7,828,726 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

£3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November (15764 Views)

House Of Reps Kick Against N390bn Bond To Finance Power Sector / More Than 200,000 UK Ballot Papers Stolen By Van Thieves / FG To Use Islamic Bond To Build Airports, Refineries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by coogar: 4:13pm On Jul 29, 2013
Ajasnoop:
I don't see many Britons queueing in the freezing winter outside the Nigerian High Commission in the name of Visa. so that policy will be dead on arrival

do you work at the nigerian high commission or must applicants be white skinned to be british??
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by naijaspeak(m): 4:13pm On Jul 29, 2013
I want to know if this 3,000 GBP is also applicable to traveller transiting through the United Kingdom airport to their final destination. For example, a traveller going to the Barbados through Heathrow or Gatwick international airport.

Does travellers from Nigeria that are transiting through the UK pay this 3,000 GBP bond? How does it apply to travellers on transit through the UK. Thanks

1 Like

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 29, 2013
LastApostle: If all Nigerians are in peckham, then its no longer London grin that's like ajegunle inside ikoyi,Lagos

Btw...it seem the Nigerians in London don't want their fellow home based Nigerians to relocate since they are in support of this policy.

This is not the best period for anyone to consider relocating.
UKaria is currently experiencing dwindling fortunes, a condition that is likely to persist for some time to come.
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 29, 2013
Ajasnoop:

I don't see many Britons queueing in the freezing winter outside the Nigerian High Commission in the name of Visa. so that policy will be dead on arrival
The Nigeria government has reviewed it economic policies and all their investments in Nigeria is either dead or struggling to survive.

A j seward
John Holt
A.G leventis
Etc etc
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by trolling(m): 4:19pm On Jul 29, 2013
TheBookWorm: I guess more Nigerians will be attempting to come to the United States now, since the Brits have made it harder for them to come to the US.

Texas, Maryland, and New York will now be seeing an influx of more Nigerians.
and once they pass the immigration reform America will become a cesspool of immigrants,its gonna be like a third world country,the end of America is at hand
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by towieboy: 4:20pm On Jul 29, 2013
naijaspeak: I want to know if this 3,000 GBP is also applicable to traveller transiting through the United Kingdom airport to their final destination. For example, a traveller going to the Barbados through Heathrow or Gatwick international airport.

Does travellers from Nigeria that are transiting through the UK pay this 3,000 GBP bond? How does it apply to travellers on transit through the UK. Thanks

The rules are not very clear at the moment but I doubt if it'll affect transit visas. I think it's mostly for high risk first-timers visitng the UK. Even at that, there's no need to panic as I'm sure people will soon find a loophole around it soon.

1 Like

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Desola(f): 4:22pm On Jul 29, 2013
trolling: and once they pass the immigration reform America will become a cesspool of immigrants,its gonna be like a third world country,the end of America is at hand

Think about what you've just said.

So, once Africans or Nigerians in particular move into an area, it depreciates in worth?

Hmm...who are those that were castigating me on this thread again?
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Areaboy2(m): 4:27pm On Jul 29, 2013
Desola:

So, once Africans or Nigerians in particular move into an area, it depreciates in worth?

I'm surprised at your sudden change.. you were the one sounding like that a little while ago.. undecided
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by trolling(m): 4:28pm On Jul 29, 2013
Desola:

you'll understand what i mean by this time next year,it doesnt apply to nigerians only,i wasnt castigating you
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by profoslan(m): 4:58pm On Jul 29, 2013
This is just clear indication dat notin is common about commonwealth
First we pay for visa(expensively)
Now its bond
Na wa ooooo
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by otmorkly(m): 5:05pm On Jul 29, 2013
Guys sorry to butt in like this but I kind of think this is interesting so I'm sharing it here:

Punch newspaper has an app for android phones. No need to head over to the news stand tp get news, just power up your android phones and get the latest. It's only a touch away. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appbuilder.u312245p574620

This app is the un-official app for Punch newspaper. It's is the most read newspaper in Nigeria. Among its peers which include Thisday, Guardian, Thisday, Vanguard and Naija newspapers, it continues to top the charts in terms of undiluted news when it happens, how it happens and as it happens.
If you looking to put your hand on the pulse on the daily events as it happens in Nigeria, covering the following categories:
- Entertainment
- Politics
- Health
- Business (Money, Capital Market, Homes & Property, Business and Economy, International Business, Financial Punch, Information Technology)
- Sports
- Interviews
then this app is the app to go for. Get a true position of the NSE. Nigerians looking for job vacancies subscribe to Punch as well. Don't think twice, this is an app you will love to have. Download now and begin to enjoy unhampered access.

What's even better about this is app is subsequent updates are free of charge.

It's like you buy the newspaper once and for life. Check it out here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appbuilder.u312245p574620

Go ahead and download it. Buy once($1), use forever!
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by solomon111(m): 5:12pm On Jul 29, 2013
Hilarious thread.
£3000 is enough to establish yourself in Nigeria to an extent.
And the irony is that many Nigerians complain about unavailability of capital for SMEs.
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by ddeola: 5:19pm On Jul 29, 2013
If we have a real govt, they will reciprocate immediately. This is highly insulting !

The French or Spanish will never treat their former colonies this way. British bullsh**t
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Afam4eva(m): 5:26pm On Jul 29, 2013
Pataki:

How do you know his blood is red? Someone who has too much akpu in his system tends against the norm.

Lower your expectations bro.....or you think Afam is privileged to a hot mug of horlicks you usually drink every morning?
So, you're a londoner too? Take heart bro. Your time is coming. Jesus is still on the throne.
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Afam4eva(m): 5:28pm On Jul 29, 2013
coogar:
afam is like a slave watching his slavemasters eat on a dining table. when the slavemasters are away from home, he then sits on that same table eating imaginary food just to imagine what it feels like eating from a table.......
See who's calling a Nigerian in Nigeria a slave. Look into the mirror man and you will see a reflection of someone who worship the ground that the queen walks on.

1 Like

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by chukxie(m): 5:28pm On Jul 29, 2013
I wonder why some of you guys are bickering back and forth and cursing one another out on this thread as though your lives depended on. Chilax people! I'm sure Nigerians wishing to travel to the UK would find a way to get there regardless of the £3000 repatriation bond the British government is trying to experiment on. Honestly, as much as i hate the whole idea the British government is trying to put in place, i still find it hard to blame them. It's their country and they can bloody well do whatever they deem fit. Nigeria is a sovereign nation that ought to be able to do whatever it bloody pleases. It ought to be able to bark or bite back when another country regardless of how lofty and mighty barks or bites it. Unfortunately, our country is analogous to a dog that neither barks nor bites. Its jaws have been clamped shut by corruption, greed and gross cowardice! Tell me, would the British government dare ask Chinese nationals wishing to travel to the UK to deposit £3000 repatriation bond? NO! They know the Chinese government would bite them so hard and deep they'd have nothing left but bones and lacerated tissues. It's a a known fact that Chinese mafia smuggle their country men and women into the UK and force them to work in sweatshops. What has the British government done to curb the influx of Chinese into the UK? Nothing! Make we leave matter joor ! I blame our government for the way we as a people and country are treated!

1 Like

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by coogar: 5:37pm On Jul 29, 2013
Afam4eva:
See who's calling a Nigerian in Nigeria a slave. Look into the mirror man and you will see a reflection of someone who worship the ground that the queen walks on.

look at this tool.....

prisoners in the UK live a better life than you do, let alone someone like me living the boss life. the prisoner eats 3 square meals, 24/7 power, portable water, peace of mind, etc.

afam, you are worse than a slave in nigeria.
tell me one benefit you get from your government. they don't even care if you are living or dead. you are part of the statistics that don't matter to them. so you look at that your frosty mirror and ask who the slave is in reality??

mention one benefit, the nigerian crude oil has given you?

3 Likes

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Cornelben: 5:45pm On Jul 29, 2013
What an intelligence USA will use this money to generate many turns, i trust them....still Nigerians will deposit this money , i know they will
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Afam4eva(m): 5:50pm On Jul 29, 2013
coogar:

look at this tool.....

prisoners in the UK live a better life than you do, let alone someone like me living the boss life. the prisoner eats 3 square meals, 24/7 power, portable water, peace of mind, etc.

afam, you are worse than a slave in nigeria.
tell me one benefit you get from your government. they don't even care if you are living or dead. you are part of the statistics that don't matter to them. so you look at that your frosty mirror and ask who the slave is in reality??

mention one benefit, the nigerian crude oil has given you?
I have benefited myself in NIgeria. I didn't need to sell my TV and run to london as a refugee to take up a job as a royal maid.

3 Likes

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by coogar: 5:55pm On Jul 29, 2013
Afam4eva:
I have benefited myself in NIgeria. I didn't need to sell my TV and run to london as a refugee to take up a job as a royal maid.

buhahahahahaha....

tell me one thing you have achieved in nigeria. i have more dignity for a beggar on kano street than a fake-aśś twit like yourself pretending to know everything happening in the UK.

it's almost 7pm. won't you go to MMA today to see more passengers arriving from gatwick? don't miss out because you are trying to save face on NL.

3 Likes

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 29, 2013
Afam and coogar...........

*wipes tears*
grin

1 Like

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Desola(f): 6:29pm On Jul 29, 2013
coogar:

buhahahahahaha....

tell me one thing you have achieved in nigeria. i have more dignity for a beggar on kano street than a fake-aśś twit like yourself pretending to know everything happening in the UK.

it's almost 7pm. won't you go to MMA today to see more passengers arriving from gatwick? don't miss out because you are trying to save face on NL.

Lol...you is bad! cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Afam4eva(m): 7:22pm On Jul 29, 2013
coogar:

buhahahahahaha....

So, is it being a royal made(which is so gay as a guy) or spraying people perfumes for a living in public toilets in london for living that's better. At the end of the day, people who sell G-string in Ipodo market are doing better than you. You may even go into that line of business when you're eventually deported. Pant business is good business. God bless the coogar.

2 Likes

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Appliedmaths(m): 7:33pm On Jul 29, 2013
They just want to gt back @ us for not signing the gay bill into law. Mtchew! Yeye whites.
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by UnimkeAk(m): 7:39pm On Jul 29, 2013
3k is refundable, no biggie, u've got d cash 2 pay cool.
But
To our brothers & sisters, esp. in the Uk - living and working abroad is not rocket science, its no biggie, stop silly comparisms.
Nigeria will gt there.
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 29, 2013

1 Like

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Afam4eva(m): 7:53pm On Jul 29, 2013
calebo101: I'm confused as to how some people reason. Please someone educate me properly, are there no corpse cleaners in Nigeria? Are there no dish washers or street cleaners there? Do people not work in bars and supermarkets in Nigeria? How come some persons keep saying those in UK do menial jobs as if the menial jobs are not done in Naija as well. It beats me honestly. And last time I checked the quality of life in both countries nor be mate. Not even almost equal for us to compare. And for Afam please stop all these your childish rant, who nor go nor know. Stop hating please, it's not helping Nigeria. We would get there and that's our prayer.
People who wash plates and wash corpses in NIgeria are usually people without an education or skill. But it's highly embarrassing when a university graduate goes to the UK and chooses to wash plate, ash corpse or become a royal maid like in the case of coogar. So, it invariably means Nigerians in Nigeria are better of and recent migration trend points to this fact.

2 Likes

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by 4Play(m): 8:03pm On Jul 29, 2013
calebo101: I'm confused as to how some people reason. Please someone educate me properly, are there no corpse cleaners in Nigeria? Are there no dish washers or street cleaners there? Do people not work in bars and supermarkets in Nigeria? How come some persons keep saying those in UK do menial jobs as if the menial jobs are not done in Naija as well. It beats me honestly. And last time I checked the quality of life in both countries nor be mate. Not even almost equal for us to compare. And for Afam please stop all these your childish rant, who nor go nor know. Stop hating please, it's not helping Nigeria. We would get there and that's our prayer.

Gloating about the quality of life in Nigeria is similar to how pigs at a refuse dump are oblivious of the filth they inhabit. A country with no basic amenities: clean pipe-borne water, regular electricity, fire service, decent hospitals and schools, security, road and rail transport and a functioning judiciary.

What amazes me is not so much the state of Nigeria but the obliviousness of many Nigerians to how bad things are. This is why most here are busy waging tribal warfare, if you're not ashamed that life expectancy is barely 60 and that the community you originate from has no basic amenity, you can afford to engage in internet braggadocio about how your ethnic group is at the forefront of progress and civilisation.

7 Likes

Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by coogar: 8:09pm On Jul 29, 2013
Afam4eva:
So, is it being a royal made(which is so gay as a guy) or spraying people perfumes for a living in public toilets in london for living that's better. At the end of the day, people who sell G-string in Ipodo market are doing better than you. You may even go into that line of business when you're eventually deported. Pant business is good business. God bless the coogar.

i love my job....
it pays very well - stop hating. my wage per week is what you make in a year so who's the tool between us?

4 Play:
Gloating about the quality of life in Nigeria is similar to how pigs at a refuse dump are oblivious of the filth they inhabit. A country with no basic amenities: clean pipe-borne water, regular electricity, fire service, decent hospitals and schools, security, road and rail transport and a functioning judiciary.

What amazes me is not so much the state of Nigeria but the obliviousness of many Nigerians to how bad things are. This is why most here are busy waging tribal warfare, if you're not ashamed that life expectancy is barely 60 and that the community you originate from has no basic amenity, you can afford to engage in internet braggadocio about how your ethnic group is at the forefront of progress and civilisation.

let's hope afam can read this.....
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by crisycent: 8:31pm On Jul 29, 2013
E don red ooo. Thank God say e quick me take go come back. I go find way enter cyprus, europe na europe as long as say snow dey fall grin grin grin grin
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by Desola(f): 8:51pm On Jul 29, 2013
Re: £3,000 UK Visa Bond To Start In November by 2mch(m): 8:52pm On Jul 29, 2013
Nice one UK, e remain US. Force Nigerian's to stay at home so they can finally face themselves and use their resources wisely. I await the US.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nine Governors To Mark Last Sallah In Office / LG Funds: Banks Reject Cheques Issued By Govs, Says NFIU / Ekiti Residents Protest Killing Of Two Farmers By Herdsmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.