Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,393 members, 7,815,837 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:15 PM

Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals (18360 Views)

My View About Jim Iyke's Deliverance. / 7 Differences Pope Francis Has Made In One Appearance / 7 Differences Pope Francis Has Made In One Appearance. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by sexkillzisacunt: 3:01pm On Jul 31, 2013
The pope is a politician, I laugh at those who take him serious.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by tyosho: 3:02pm On Jul 31, 2013
@op
i dont know about you hating homosexuals.What i do know and is that Homosexuality is a sin because my Bible says it is(and im very content with what my bible says thank you).That been said,i dont hate them and understand its the ish they have to deal with.But because i understand with them on the principle of he without sin should cast the first stone doesnt been i support them or approve of its legalisation.If i support them,i might as well support a vice like gambling.
Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by Afrocatalyst: 3:02pm On Jul 31, 2013
Learn to love. Love conquers all. It's hard bt its d best weapon. Lobatan

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by lovesamzy: 3:03pm On Jul 31, 2013
Biblical Reference against Gay n Lesbian
You shall not commit sexual acts with a male, in place of sexual intercourse with a female, for this is an abomination. Lev 18:22, End time tins, I won't b surprise if d bill is passed in Nigeria, Christ hv said all dis is bound to happen, so b watchful n sober, devil go around seekin for HELL MATE, JESUS IS LORD
Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by Yooguyz: 3:04pm On Jul 31, 2013
Segeggs: he will also change your views on murderers, rapists, cultists, ritualists, child marriage etc. Dont you see what the man his trying to do? He is trying to bring all cultures, all people from different perverted together under an umbrella of the NWO.

Homosexualism was unheard of in africa, now due to numerous campaigns abroad africans have start to imbibe the idea.

Anybody can judge the homosexuals so long you judge right. For him to have stylishly excused himself shows he is not of YHWH but of the devil.
This is the most ridiculous statement i have every read on NL.
What do you mean by saying "he wants to bring people under the new world order"?
Did you go to school at all?

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by mankand(m): 3:04pm On Jul 31, 2013
Dude you are missing the point.

The Devil owns, coordinate and direct all the affairs on earth. The devil have been working to infilterate all offices and religion on earth. That have been the best and greatest weapon of deception.

If you claim God did not reject gays then, God must appoligize for Sodom and Gomorrah

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by naptu2: 3:10pm On Jul 31, 2013
alpha conde: I can't imagine that an age long feeling could be changed in a matter of minutes, as soon as I heard the words from the pope "who am I to judge gay people" my spirit was humbled. I felt this weakness in me. I discover that I equalled with them (homosexuals) in other forms of sin we commit.

Recently I was made to know that anyone who depends on his strenght to attain salvation may probably lose it, hence we must depend on God s love and grace.

Now here's is a real life comparism.
I have this friend who's gay, he left for UK and since then has expressed joy in an enviroment that supports his acts. He even looks forward to marrying a man, anytime we chat and he talks about it am always disgusted.

When he was in nigeria we used to be business patners so we were very close, now that he is away we talk often about out lives and challenges.
The other day he called to inform me that he has gotten a very good job, with a world cLass bank, and I asked myself why he would bless a gay with such a miracle? And me who isn't gay is down here expecting a breakthrough, it was then I discovered God hasn't even rejected them. Why should we?

Now that the pope has said this, I recall that judgement should be left for God.
Though I personally abhor this act but then I have come to understand that this is the same reason christ died.

Lastly I encourage all to keep praying for them and rescue them from the devil.

Alpha conde.

+100

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by freecocoa(f): 3:14pm On Jul 31, 2013
I'm glad God gave me the kind of heart I have.

I honestly don't see why someone who fornicates, steals, lies, collects bribes etc should judge a gay person.

In as much as the catholic church believes in small sin and big sin, I believe sin is sin.

Gay people only need love, help and guidance, I strongly believe they can be changed, I don't know why people become gay or even if they are born gay but I do know that, the original plan is for a man to be with a woman, so something is definitely wrong somewhere and thus can be fixed.

We should all learn to accept, love and help one another.
Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by foluks24(f): 3:15pm On Jul 31, 2013
the writer is on;y of a confused mind.does it mean dat because u feel lik doing something makes the act right or justifiable?
Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by italo: 3:19pm On Jul 31, 2013
freecocoa: I'm glad God gave me the kind of heart I have.

I honestly don't see why someone who fornicates, steals, lies, collects bribes etc should judge a gay person.

In as much as the catholic church believes in small sin and big sin, I believe sin is sin.

Gay people only need love, help and guidance, I strongly believe they can be changed, I don't know why people become gay or even if they are born gay but I do know that, the original plan is for a man to be with a woman, so something is definitely wrong somewhere and thus can be fixed.

We should all learn to accept, love and help one another.

1000 likes
Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by Nobody: 3:24pm On Jul 31, 2013
OP, one day.. That your gay friend will despoil the hell outta your tiny yash!
Nonsense gays!
Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by freecocoa(f): 3:25pm On Jul 31, 2013
Segeggs: ^^Mr u r totally wrong. For a man whom many believe speaks for God to have made such statement shows he is totally false. He should condemn homosexual act and not pay it any respect. I dont mean he should hate the persons but the act.
The way you go about this issue shows that people really only hear what they want to hear when someone talks.

So the pope should have said that all gay people should be burnt at the stake or what? Aren't you guilty of any sin? What do you think makes you better than gay people?

Committing a different kind of sin from someone else doesn't make you any less a sinner. The pope never said that gay isn't a sin, he is only telling that just like, adulterers, liars, fornicators, thieves etc, we are all human and everyone deserves a chance.

Instead of judging and condemning these gay people when the same God who created you and them is willing to accept them and make them better if they change hasn't condemned them, why should you?

God came for the sinners, so whether gay, a thief, a liar and whatever type of sinner one is, we are all the same before God and he loves us equally, we all have the same chance.

Only someone without sin(who can definitely not be found on earth)should condemn another person.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by Dagoma: 3:26pm On Jul 31, 2013
Nonesense! Gay remain one of the major sins on earth even if Pope Frances legalises it.
Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by freecocoa(f): 3:27pm On Jul 31, 2013
Double post.
Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jul 31, 2013
You think God likes homosexualism huh? He detests it as much as he detests fornication and the likes. What happened in sodom and gomorrah? The Pope is even falling my hand.
Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 31, 2013
maxwello.yg:
You think God likes homosexualism huh? He detests it as much as he detests fornication and the likes. What happened in sodom and gomorrah? The Pope is even falling my hand.

Have you met this God? Did he tell you he hates gays?
Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 31, 2013
So, if I were a fornicator, and I am much aware that God rejects fornication. But because I should not condemn a fellow sinner(gay) because I am a sinner, I should then allow everybody else to sin(gays,bombers,etc)? Way to go! Dullards!
Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by drolaniyi: 3:31pm On Jul 31, 2013
Mr! Calling a wrong deed its rightful name is not being judgemental. Homosexuality is a sin just like peadophilia or murder and it should be condemned. God loves sinners but he hates their sin. And he wants us all to repent. Never encourage homosexuality by giving them your tacit support.

Pray and encourage them to leave that way of life. We all have drive to do wrong things sometime but we should not succumb and when you do, pray for forgiveness and worker harder next time.

No one is born a homosexual, it is a choice.
Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by cyberuzo(m): 3:33pm On Jul 31, 2013
the pope explicitly said that the homosexual act is a sin, but we should also try and integrate them Please read the full interview, not a particular extract from a biased mind
Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by Nobody: 3:34pm On Jul 31, 2013
musKeeto:

Have you met this God? Did he tell you he hates gays?
Go and read your Bible, I am not your pastor. I even think you are a pagan, otherwise I don't know why a christian would be asking me such question like he does not know what happened in sodom and how Angels of God burnt the whole city down! Why? Because their sins were too much! The Angels even made the gay people in the city blind! So, do you still want to tell me God loves homosexualism/sin?
Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by freecocoa(f): 3:36pm On Jul 31, 2013
maxwello.yg:
I'm glad you realize he detest it as much as fornication, now tell me, why aren't y'all going about calling for the heads of all fornicators? You are basically saying, commit this type of sin and don't commit the other type.

From what I understand in the bible, God didn't destroy sodom and gomorrah solely for homosexualism, he did cos not many righteous people were found there, homosexuality was only one of their sins.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jul 31, 2013
maxwello.yg:

Go and read your Bible, I am not your pastor. I even think you are a pagan, otherwise I don't know why a christian would be asking me such question like he does not know what happened in sodom and how Angels of God burnt the whole city down! Why? Because their sins were too much! The Angels even made the gay people in the city blind! So, do you still want to tell me God loves homosexualism/sin?

What a foolish God. He creates humans and burns them. No wonder dem beat dat him useless pikin..
Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by Baron75: 3:38pm On Jul 31, 2013
Segeggs: ^^Mr u r totally wrong. For a man whom many believe speaks for God to have made such statement shows he is totally false. He should condemn homosexual act and not pay it any respect. I dont mean he should hate the persons but the act.
Mr. Segegg, why r u quick at passing judgement as if u r d righteous God himself. If u read the pope's statement and understood it. He said the act of homosexuality is bad, but the people doing it are not to be condemned, being God's children like each one of us, that the deserve help to assist the come out of it(help in the sense of prayer nd counselling) let me ask you, do u know God's standard of judgement? Even if you know, do u live up to it? You are as sinful as the gays, there's no better sin. We are all sinners and all deserve help. Perhaps, when you were a child, u may have stolen your father's money, but he did not condemn u, he fed u, clothed u nd trained u believing that one day u'll be d better person u r 2day. Remember that Mary Magdaleen was condemned by the people as an adulterer, but Christ showed her pity and changed her. Barabas was condemned as a thief and hung on the cross near Jesus but at the dying minute, he repented and Christ took him to heaven despite his sin. Those people u pass judgement on and condemn as gay may have a last minute repentance and meet heaven before u. That's why the pope addaed the clause "if they are of good will and seek God" I get disgusted with gay act, but I have always approached issues with the type of consideration in Pope's statement. Easy my friend.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by freecocoa(f): 3:38pm On Jul 31, 2013
Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jul 31, 2013
Thank you for this...especially since you know that we pose no threat to you.

smiley

And no, we don't have devils in us. The devil lives in Nigeria itself. It's evident in the barbaric thinking of some Nigerians to the point of wanting to kill people for what they don't know about. smiley

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jul 31, 2013
sexkillzisacunt: The pope is a politician, I laugh at those who take him serious.
YES! I bet Benedict did not have the nerve to say such, that was why he was pressured to resign. Now Francis took over and is agreeing with Obama and Cameron. Kkk
Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jul 31, 2013
musKeeto:

What a foolish God. He creates humans and burns them. No wonder dem beat dat him useless pikin..
Shebi I talk am? When Christians gather to argue, a pagan will come in their midst, spewing trash that are out of topic!
Go and play with Pagan9ja, this thread is not for the likes of you.
Do you see moslems here? Gerrout!
Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by HezronLorraine(m): 3:43pm On Jul 31, 2013
Gay!Gay!Gay! Since saturday.till now only gay themed threads have been trending so far.

OP.very thoughtful of you.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jul 31, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: Gay!Gay!Gay! Since saturday.till now only gay themed threads have been trending so far.

OP.very thoughtful of you.

grin grin.
Maybe the more people know about the existence and lives of gay people, the more accommodating and non-judgemental they'll eventually become.

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by Reptyle(m): 3:46pm On Jul 31, 2013
alpha conde:

Remember jesus himself didn't condemn the adultrous woman
, even the robber by his cross.

Yes he didn't condemn the adulterous woman. But he made her to understand that adultery was a sin and admonished her to "Go and sin no more."

Gay people want the world to accept the gay way of life as normal and live with it. In other words, they want to continue in sin and expect the grace of God to abound? It does not work that way.

Now they even want to legislate my acceptance of their lifestyle when I am also within my rights as a Nigerian to say I do not accept that lifestyle. Being a democracy, why do they seek to bully me into accepting that lifestyle as normal? If on the one hand you seek to legislate my acceptance of the gay lifestyle, why then do you frown when I also try to legislate my non-acceptance of it? Are we no longer in a democracy where the minority have their say while the majority have their way?

Why am I been blackmailed on the one hand by the gay people with their sob stories about human rights abuse and stuff and on the other hand by the powerful western nations who are threatening grave sanctions against my country for failing to accept that lifestyle?

What I do not accept is violence against anyone. Hell, I am of the opinion that even a murderer and a child rapist deserve their day in court so why should anyone assault or even kill anyone without recourse to the courts? But this act is reprehensible to me and to my faith and will remain so legislation or not.

4 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by mkmyers45(m): 3:47pm On Jul 31, 2013
maxwello.yg:
So, if I were a fornicator, and I am much aware that God rejects fornication. But because I should not condemn a fellow sinner(gay) because I am a sinner, I should then allow everybody else to sin(gays,bombers,etc)? Way to go! Dullards!

Even a lie is as big as homosexuality

#Deathtoallsinners
Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 31, 2013
freecocoa: I'm glad you realize he detest it as much as fornication, now tell me, why aren't y'all going about calling for the heads of all fornicators? You are basically saying, commit this type of sin and don't commit the other type.

From what I understand in the bible, God didn't destroy sodom and gomorrah solely for homosexualism, he did cos not many righteous people were foumd there, homosexuality was only one of their sins.
Well, thank God you hear good christians preaching 'don't commit adultery/fornication'. Respect the oldest institution on earth-marriage! That answers your first question. Nobody ever said fornication is not sin. Everybody knows that so don't even derail the thread with your fornication ish. On your other point. God hates all sin! Period! What did the Angels of God do to those gay men who wanted to disvirgin them in Sodom?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period / Dr. Fayemi Meets Leadership Of Deeper Christian Life Ministry / Why Do "Born Again" Christians Still Commit Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.