Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,823 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals (18359 Views)

My View About Jim Iyke's Deliverance. / 7 Differences Pope Francis Has Made In One Appearance / 7 Differences Pope Francis Has Made In One Appearance. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by lindiwey: 8:22am On Aug 01, 2013
Dagoma: Nonesense! Gay remain one of the major sins on earth even if Pope Frances legalises it.

Mr Dagoma,as a christian what effort hav u made in bringing back those lost souls to Christ?hav u made an effort to reach out to them and telling them dat God condemns such act and preaching salvation to them?hav u made an effort advising such persons on how to overcome dat spirit?one of our duties as christians is to win souls for christ and keep praying for them to accept Christ.this includes those dat steal,kill,fornicate,prostitute e.t.c if u havnt done this,then who are you to judge?
Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by spenca: 8:30am On Aug 01, 2013
Memyselfu2009: The guy that wrote this thread is a super big fool. First the bible advice as not to judge so we also would not be judge. But the bible condemned act like men sleeping with men. And also I want to make this clear to you there is nothing like break through if u work hard u would become successful every body is living on God grace both the good nd the bad onces u being successful is not really determine by God but ur hard work manner no they fall from heaven u work for what to eat. When you steal and refuse to change u become rich and wealthy but someday you would get caught nd pay for ur sins that's how life is GOD GIVES the bad onces time to change.
Just sit there and spill crap about contradicting yourself , you call someone else "a super big fool" guess what ? You are the chairman of that association , you dont know when to apply ones n onces, just come to put lot of crappy phrases together and just consume space ......mschwww
Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by barnabjame: 8:50am On Aug 01, 2013
even the ppl of sodom did nt knw that their end was near wat is wrong is wrong wether he works in worldbank or nt does nt make homosexuallity right if i get any one i reserve my comment i am in full support of president mugabe
Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by glb2012: 9:33am On Aug 01, 2013
@ muskeeto....r u gay
Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by rubenic(m): 9:43am On Aug 01, 2013
alpha conde: I can't imagine that an age long feeling could be changed in a matter of minutes, as soon as I heard the words from the pope "who am I to judge gay people" my spirit was humbled. I felt this weakness in me. I discover that I equalled with them (homosexuals) in other forms of sin we commit.

Recently I was made to know that anyone who depends on his strenght to attain salvation may probably lose it, hence we must depend on God s love and grace.

Now here's is a real life comparism.
I have this friend who's gay, he left for UK and since then has expressed joy in an enviroment that supports his acts. He even looks forward to marrying a man, anytime we chat and he talks about it am always disgusted.

When he was in nigeria we used to be business patners so we were very close, now that he is away we talk often about out lives and challenges.
The other day he called to inform me that he has gotten a very good job, with a world cLass bank, and I asked myself why he would bless a gay with such a miracle? And me who isn't gay is down here expecting a breakthrough, it was then I discovered God hasn't even rejected them. Why should we?

Now that the pope has said this, I recall that judgement should be left for God.
Though I personally abhor this act but then I have come to understand that this is the same reason christ died.

Lastly I encourage all to keep praying for them and rescue them from the devil.

Alpha conde.

@OP who told you God gave him the Job?
Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by FearGodAndLive: 9:52am On Aug 01, 2013
glb2012: @ muskeeto....r u gay
As gay as your father..
If I defend the rights of the disabled, does that make me disable?
Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by successking: 10:01am On Aug 01, 2013
As for me, judgement is reserved for God alone, that does not mean a place should be created for the disobedient to the word of God in the midst of the children of God. Like the way adultery, lies, steeling and so on are condemned in gathering of the children of God, is gay condemned. It does not in any way implies judgement. It is evil and should be treated as such.
Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by spenca: 10:07am On Aug 01, 2013
rubenic:

@OP who told you God gave him the Job?

Who told you God didnt ?
Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by rubenic(m): 10:15am On Aug 01, 2013
spenca:

Who told you God didnt ?

Are you gay grin

Back to your question, am glad you asked. If we are talking about the God (helohim, Jehovah, etc) that destroyed Sodom and Gomorah, then my answer will be no he didn't. Maybe some other God provided the job wink
Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by FarmTech(m): 10:31am On Aug 01, 2013
italo:

Which of these is not to be obeyed by a Christian?

A. God: "do not judge."

B. Pope: "I will not judge."

C. Segeggs: "Anybody can judge."

read 1cor 5:9, we can judge within the church.
Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by HezronLorraine(m): 10:42am On Aug 01, 2013
masonkz:

Which Israel?
help me ask oh.
He's mistaking Israel for Vatican.
Israel that has long celeberated gay relationships.they even have.open gay mayor,even their health ministry of recent endorsed same-sex adoption.
The Israeli govt gives full legal benefits to gays same as str8's enjoy.

Even the US that many of them condemn has twice the amount of christians than hypocritical Nigeria has,yet public opinion in favour of gays,same-sex marriage is currently 65%.

That Israel.abeg make I hear word.

Many idiots that always prophesy that God would destroy the West for allowing homosexuality thrive.why hasn't he destroyed Israel too.with how Israel is faced with external threats per time,yet they always win,they still remain on of the world's strongest powers.all the middle-east combined has not been able to annihilate the small Israeli nation.

You people are here crying heaven and earth.Nigeria remains at a deplorable and pitiable state.the next thing on your agenda is to take out the gays.
Nigeria is still visionless.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by trolling(m): 10:46am On Aug 01, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: help me ask oh.
He's mistaking Israel for Vatican.
Israel that has long celeberated gay relationships.they even have.open gay mayor,even their health ministry of recent endorsed same-sex adoption.
The Israeli govt gives full legal benefits to gays same as str8's enjoy.

Even the US that many of them condemn has twice the amount of christians than hypocritical Nigeria has,yet public opinion in favour of gays,same-sex marriage is currently 65%.

That Israel.abeg make I hear word.

Many idiots that always prophesy that God would destroy the West for allowing homosexuality thrive.why hasn't he destroyed Israel too.with how Israel is faced with external threats per time,yet they always win,they still remain on of the world's strongest powers.all the middle-east combined has not been able to annihilate the small Israeli nation.

You people are here crying heaven and earth.Nigeria remains at a deplorable and pitiable state.the next thing on your agenda is to take out the gays.
Nigeria is still visionless.
who is talking about Israeli if you don't know it's because you are in a deep sleep or why do you think the Bible calls them the Synagogue of Satan, all what you listed about them is part of the reason they are called the synagogue of Satan
Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by HezronLorraine(m): 10:53am On Aug 01, 2013
trolling: who is talking about Israeli if you don't know it's because you are in a deep sleep
is it that I didn't comprehend your arguements well or u just appear to be more daft than I imagined.
Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by naptu2: 10:54am On Aug 01, 2013
QUESTIONS.

1) Will you disown your son if you discover that he is gay?

2) Will you sack your employee if you discover that he is gay?

3) Do you think a gay person should be allowed into the church?

4) What will you do if you discover that one of your son's classmates is gay?

5) What will you do if you discover that your sister is a lesbian or your brother is gay?
Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by trolling(m): 10:56am On Aug 01, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: is it that I didn't comprehend your arguements well or u just appear to be more daft than I imagined.
lol, I just struck a nerve, no need to argue with a supposedly ex gay
Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by HezronLorraine(m): 10:58am On Aug 01, 2013
Those of you screaming Sodom and Gommarah was destroyed cause of homosexuality,even if you were brainwashed by some religious fanatics.your human sense requires you study to see if that's true.read your bible again and conclude this.

Genesis made you know that,the Angels visited Abraham and foretold of their destruction.Abraham interceeded on behalf of the inahabitants of the cities but God had made up his mind to carry out the plan as he alone could see the heart of the people of Sodom and Gommarah.Abraham begged God to spare the city,cause there might be those who don't share in their wickedness.unfortunately non but Lot.you were made to understand at that point that Sodom and Gommarah were to be destroyed cause of wickedness.

Off the Angels went.they met Lot,note:the bible clearly stated hoe he welcomed them,offered them protection,food and shelter,the angels inisted on doing some Heavenly CIA intelligence gathering on the streets of the city to justify God's already laid down plan.Lot protested against them moving in the city,cause he knew they wouldn't be welcomed and what they would see would be sore to their eyes.at that point,it wasn't clear,what exactly was the evil.the men of Sodom practiced.
Not too long in Lot's house came the night hawks of Sodom,banging at the doors of Lot to bring out the men in his home so they may know them,that is have se.xual intercourse with them.we were made to know how Lot pleaded that the men defile his daughters intstead of carrying out the gang ra.pe on the men.
At this junction,Lot's authority was questioned.his place in a foreign city was abused,he was reminded that he was an alien and couldn't dictate to them what to do.before the men could take force of the house,the Angels took charge and struck them all blind.they immediately ushered Lot and his family out of the city woth instructions not to look back at the city when the annihilation begins.they did as instructed and left.the bible made us know fire and sulphur crushed the city and Lot's wife looked behind and became a pillar of salt.

Then,further prophet Ezekiel made some explanations in the book of Ezekiel 16:46-50.from there we can see both cities as very rich and powerful,blessed in abundance.clearly,this made Lot settle in there.we were made to know also that they didn't lift up the poor or helped the helpless.we remember the attempted gang rape which shows a sign of in-hospitality by the inhabitants of the cities.they didn't welcome strangers in their midst.also it showed tendencies of Sodom and Gommarah being an idolatrized society.
Ezekiel noted that they committed abomination b4 God,without laying emphasis on what could be the specific abomination,was it their in-hospitality and intolerance or that the men truely engaged in homsexual practices and we're wiped off becuase of it.

New testament,we have Jesus.the right hand of God.when he sent his disciples on a mission,he charged them on what to do,they were to bless and remain only in the cities and homes that welcomed them and catered for their needs for those will reap great from God.he made remarks that whatever city that didn't receive them would face the type of judgement that the people of Sodomand Gommarah encountered.

In condemnation of in-hospitality,Jesus made refernce to the two cities.we were made to know that Jesus made no plain remarks in condemnation of homosexuality,but always preached love and tolerance.

It is safe to say,th cities were not judged because of homosexuality,but because of in-hospiatily,oppression of the poor and most likey idolatary.though there's still benefit of doubt that homosexuality could have been inclusive.but the coming of christ was the answer to most myth about the old testament,Jesus didn't concenterate for once his message on homosexuality.

I may be wrong to some extent but these are unbiased analysis of this particular issue.
Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by trolling(m): 10:59am On Aug 01, 2013
naptu2: QUESTIONS.

5) What will you do if you discover that your sister is a lesbian or your brother is gay?

I'll disown him and if I was in my land, he would be cut off... There shall be no whure or sodomite in Israel.... Deuteronomy 23:17 KJV
There shall be no whure of the daughters of Israel, nor a sodomite of the sons of Israel.
Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by HezronLorraine(m): 11:00am On Aug 01, 2013
trolling: lol, I just struck a nerve, no need to argue with a supposedly ex gay
where did I ever mention to you that I'm ex-gay.so because I am not in a same-sex relationship already makes me ex-gay.who did I say changed me.
you should have been wanked off.
Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by unmask: 11:06am On Aug 01, 2013
if you feel there are no homos in Nigeria, that is because they have all been forced into hiding and in some cases forced into heterosexual marriage......at least in the old days they had the goodwill to stone adulterers to death, why don't we do the same with fornicators?.......and to those that have the shortsightedness to not realise that divorce liberates you from a life time of misery....and would stay in an marriage just so they can save face in society, then I tell you Goodluck to you....but seriously leave homos alone and face fornicators..... at least there are a thousand times more fornicators in the world than homos.....and fornication made it into the ten thou shall nots of the bible

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by mkmyers45(m): 11:15am On Aug 01, 2013
unmask: if you feel there are no homos in Nigeria, that is because they have all been forced into hiding and in some cases forced into heterosexual marriage......at least in the old days they had the goodwill to stone adulterers to death, why don't we do the same with fornicators?.......and to those that have the shortsightedness to not realise that divorce liberates you from a life time of misery....and would stay in an marriage just so they can save face in society, then I tell you Goodluck to you....but seriously leave homos alone and face fornicators..... at least there are a thousand times more fornicators in the world than homos.....and fornication made it into the ten thou shall nots of the bible

Shhhh!!!!!!!

Nobody wants to hear this one's ya hear? grin grin grin grin

They want to kill only the worst sinners who are they cause of Nigeria's problem....obviously in thier book fornicators are not a part of them worst sinners as its a normal thing

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by HezronLorraine(m): 11:18am On Aug 01, 2013
Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by HezronLorraine(m): 11:19am On Aug 01, 2013
naptu2: QUESTIONS.

I can only take question3,the rest is for the str8's.

If a gay person should be allowed in church.
Anyone of whatever calibre,orientation,race is welcomed into the church.sexual otientation should not deter a gay person from being welcomed in church.some may say,they are sinners and if they are still dwelling in the sin. The church is not for them.No,the church never is for the righteous and holy.it is for the sinners.nobody on earth can overcome the power of sin.as long as sin is sin,no sin is greater than the other.
Gay people are free to attend church.

The part I would stress is appointment of gay people into church positions.it matters on the church's message towards homosexuality.I wouldn't want any gay person to feel marginalized if they can't serve God in church departments and various service groups because of church doctrines and principles.you need to be reminded that serving God is not limited to church activism alone.

If a gay person is already a member in any church dept or group.as been active for a while.you know there are chances for you to be promoted.you know how well the church hates homosexuality.it would be advisabel you resign from that position to avoid shame and reproach which you can face if the church knows of your sexuality.automatically,u are a bad example to others would be what would be preached.
You know your heart and your communication with God,u just leave the church to its own assumptions and follow your heart in worshipping God.

I did this after I accepted my sexualitu fully,left my service group in church after years of dedication,I cut off every association with the local fellowship assembly.I know there's bound to be a time where I can't hide who I am anymore and I wouldn't want the church to direct its hate towards me.the best and easy way is to leave in dignity.
As long as you have the mindset that the church is not the answer to your problems but your faith in God.
Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by alexleo(m): 11:19am On Aug 01, 2013
alpha conde:

Remember jesus himself didn't condemn the adultrous woman, even the robber by his cross.

Yes but Jesus still told her to go and SIN NO MORE. Does that not also tell the woman that she sinned?

The thief at the cross acknowledged that they were sinners and deserved death.
Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by Originalsly: 11:39am On Aug 01, 2013
ozo_emeka: I hope I can condemn you for your
1. Lying lifestyle
2. Stealing
3. Being an underachiever - your mates are making millions of dollars
4. Adultery
5. fornication
6. lust
7. Cursing
Aren't all the above except underachieving and cursing condemned as sin? No man is free of sin but at the same time sin should not be encouraged or supported.The Bible has singled out and condemned homosexuality far more than any other. That one is not in our nature and need to be condemned.
Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by Datshyguy(m): 12:45pm On Aug 01, 2013
Segeggs: ^^Mr u r totally wrong. For a man whom many believe speaks for God to have made such statement shows he is totally false. He should condemn homosexual act and not pay it any respect. I dont mean he should hate the persons but the act.
on the contrary, if you had listened to or watch him making the statement you will realize that he actually condemned tha act and not the person.
Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by Nobody: 2:02pm On Aug 01, 2013
mkmyers45:

It literally had to take everything in me not to bust out laughing at your comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_the_United_States

America has more Christians than the whole of Nigeria's population.

Where in this world is free sin against God not supported by the Government?

has this changed the fact that america and europe struggle with atheistic, God-hater, unruly children? I blame their families, most terrible children come from broken or dysfunctional homes. The same is happening in many places, and is threatening to happen in nigeria. The devil is after the family, so he can get the children far away from God.
Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by Lee0(m): 2:12pm On Aug 01, 2013
The more people support homosexuality, the more homophobic I become..
Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by ozoemeka(m): 4:08pm On Aug 01, 2013
Originalsly: The Bible has singled out and condemned homosexuality far more than any other. That one is not in our nature and need to be condemned.

DO NOT ADD TO THE BIBLE i am sure you, should have read that which is what you are doing. Show me BIBLICAL proof that homosexuality was SINGLED out and CONDEMNED FAR more than any other sin?

JESUS NEVER mentioned homosexuality. OF ALL TOPICS. He HOWEVER mentioned that he who is without sin should cast the first stone - regarding a "s@xual sin"

Since you do not seem to KNOW YOUR BIBLE. Let me help you out.

1. Homosexuality, the word, is NEVER mentioned IMPLICITLY. The "ideology" or "suggestion" of homosexuality (eg. lie with another man) is mentioned ONLY 7 times throughout the entire 66 books of the bible, 1189 chapters and 31,173 verses. . In fact have YOU read 2 Sam? Let me give you a glimpse.

How are the mighty fallen in the midst of the battle! O Jonathan, thou wast slain in thine high places. I am distressed for thee, my brother Jonathan; very pleasant hast thou been unto me:
[size=15pt]thy love to me was wonderful, passing the love of women"[/size]
(2 Samuel 1:25-26)
Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by BonnyDominic: 4:11pm On Aug 01, 2013
sunkoye: . Kept wondring the part that is evil in my statement. Ofcos I will be more worried if he had been judgemental. It would have been more wise for him to quote the bible as his standard. Fine...the refined part of his statement is from the bible bt was cunning wit usage. Hey, search urself...if u trully understand the bible...u will know he is trying to mask the real picture. As it is, watever he said does nt matter to me anyway. Bt it sure matters to the half baked out there.
I think it is better we read our bible nd refuse preaching 4rm scholars. U pple r always interested in bible quotation in regard to any Xtian issues, so wea do place d gift nd wisdom of explaining d spiritual concept of bible 'verses'? Dogmatically, d Pope cannot make mistake, take it or leave it.
Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by kalimera101: 5:01pm On Aug 01, 2013
First, if we decide to follow strictly wat the bible said, no one on earth will say he has not sinned. God is the final judge, I don't say Gay is a good thing. But lives have fallen that way, all u can do is protect ur kid,and leave everything in the hands of God.
All those people that see gay people and hurt them, that hell fire na one way oo. God won't be asking u which sin u commited.
Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by jinxet2000: 5:14pm On Aug 01, 2013
[quote author=rubenic]

My brother, God did not give him the job just because he is gay. God can as well bless you even greater. God makes us understand that the evil man does not last long. Could be that he got the position so that God can use it to bless someone else. Don't worry about an evil man's blesing.
Re: Pope Francis Has Changed My View Of Homosexuals by profstar(m): 5:46pm On Aug 01, 2013
alpha conde:
...and I asked myself why he would bless a gay with such a miracle? And me who isn't gay is down here expecting a breakthrough, it was then I discovered God hasn't even rejected them. Why should we?
people like you easily change your stand just because of material things, you should just have said you like to be a gay, rather than saying you change your mind. And about "God" that you mention, haven't you read in your bible in psalm37 (the whole passage) talking about you CHANGING WHO YOU ARE because of EVIL PEOPLE WHO ARE SUCCEEDING.
Both arm-robbers and pastors receives rain from God the same time, sometimes pastor may get wet while the robber have umbrella, THAT DOES NOT CHANGE THE FACT THAT BEING A ROBBER IS GOOD, so also for your friend prospering and you expecting breakthrough shouldn't be a reason to say God is not angry at homosexuals, you better preach for him to change before he dies in his sin or his blood will be required from you ezekiel 3vs. 18.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Help! I Can't Pray For A Long Period / Dr. Fayemi Meets Leadership Of Deeper Christian Life Ministry / Why Do "Born Again" Christians Still Commit Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.