Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,198 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:34 PM

MTN Customer Care Thread - Phones (160) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Customer Care Thread (570924 Views)

MTN Customer Care Whatsapp Numbers / Glo Customer Care Thread (unofficial) / Etisalat Customer Care Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (256) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 2:45pm On May 31, 2016
manufos:
Please check my tariff plan, why am I charged 20k per sec even while I am on the New MTN pulse and have spent over #100 before making any call today?

1st call - 19:06 @ 2m 49 sec
2nd call - 22:54 @ 4 m 19 sec

Y'ello, sorry for the inconvenience. Please provide your phone number, date , amount before and after deduction to aid investigation.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 2:58pm On May 31, 2016
gudluckgreat:

Gudmorning pls treat as urgent. My data subscription will expire in a few days and I have about 250mb left and any time wish to browse,I will be redirected to mtn data reset page.

I have called customer care and after checking they asked me to off and on my data by dialing *466*2# and *466*1# of which I have done all to no avail.
The subscription I did is the mtn pulse 1Gb for #500

If I no use am and e expire, Na e be Say I go port away.

My number be

Yello, i sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Checks show that there is nothing wrong with your line. Please send DATA ON to 131 and try browsing again. If issue persists, kindly provide the error message received, phone type and location to aid further investigation. Thank you.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 3:16pm On May 31, 2016
IHate9ja1:

hello
i have been unable to send sms from my mtn line for few months now, what do i do to resolve this?
Yello, am sorry about your inability to send sms. Please ensure that your message center number is +234803000000 then delete some unwanted sms from your inbox and outbox to enable you send text messages. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 3:42pm On May 31, 2016
Jay14:
@JideSM,I want u to help me stop this message below. Getting like 5000 of it daily.
My number is 08060749001.thanks.
So sorry about this. Please go to your message settings and switch off cell broadcast to stop receiving the sms. Thank you.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 3:43pm On May 31, 2016
Herkanlayjoseph:
@jideSM, pls is *131*200# still working cos it's displaying error @ my side
Yes the code is functional. Please try again. Thank you.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 3:51pm On May 31, 2016
Askech:
Pls I recharged #2000 today planning to use it for the 2k sub but on dialing the subscription code I was told that I had insufficient funds and when I checked I found out that #400 had been deducted from my account balance and because I was badly in need of data I was then forced to go for the 1.5gb sub for 1k. Pls I wish that this be looked into and that my money be returned to me as I did not subscribe to any service and so MTN does not have the right to treat me so. Thank you
So sorry about the deduction. Please provide your mobile number and the date for checks.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 3:57pm On May 31, 2016
IYIMAN:
Mr. Jidesm, Please I bought 750mb for N500 ,(a week plan) and I can not browse with it since Wednesday 25/5.

Error... Your phone cannot receive automatic setting.

Phone: Gionee M5

Phone number : 08067372353

Kindly help with manual configuration, it will expire next Tuesday. Thank you.
So sorry to hear that you cant browse. Please input the following details into your phone device:

Username= web
Password= web
Access Point Name (APN) =web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net

Then send DATA ON to 131 to enable you browse.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 4:06pm On May 31, 2016
nurez305:
Hello jide.... I just try to call from my MTN line now, and your sis was telling me my account is too low for this call bla bla bla, and I checked my balance, I saw 4naira instead of 104naira, I was surprise because I haven't see something like these b4....immediately I call the customer care line which was picked by a lady called BUKOLA. She told me that I subscribe for MTN bis daily, I told her that I never did that before, she checked again and said I borrowed money from MTN and that's what cause the deduction. I told her that I never did that in my life and the next thing she told me is, that is what she can see on my line... I was so surprise and sad at the same time....how is it possible to subscribe for bis daily and also borrowed money which I never did any of them in my life and they charge me 100naira for both. Angrily i told her that I never did any of these and she said that is what she see from her system and banged the phone on me.

I was surprise for that kind of attitude and that has got me thinking if anyone monitor them on how they talked to customer. My 100naira disappeared and your staff was giving a very lame answer to my Question.

Please you guys should return my 100naira or else...

Yello, sorry about the deduction on your line. Please provide the affected phone number and date for checks.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by nurez305(m): 4:25pm On May 31, 2016
JideSM:
Yello, sorry about the deduction on your line. Please provide the affected phone number and date for checks.
don't worry, I called again and another person told me that it was deducted for MTN music plus which I never did, then I told him to deactivate it immediately which he said he has done that.

Thank you
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by superfelix: 4:46pm On May 31, 2016
JideSM:
Checks show that you have the Music plus service active on your line. Do you want it deactivated?
Yes. pls, deactivate it... Thanks
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 4:52pm On May 31, 2016
0gbeni:

it was wiped out on the 15th of May 2016
Checks show that the data bundle was returned back to your line on the 17th of May. Please confirm.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 4:58pm On May 31, 2016
Godwin978:
please i need consficuration on this line 08104631102 as i couldnt downoload with it. i hardly get up to 70kb/s at night am tired with mtn network issue but if i got like 3network signal of 4networks on my stastus bar. i can download upto 700kb/s on Airtel with 1/2 network signal.i need help cus of it am unable to subscribe on the line
So sorry to hear that you cant browse. Please input the following details into your phone device:

Username= web
Password= web
Access Point Name (APN) =web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net

Then send DATA ON to 131 to enable you browse

Also, you can SETTINGS to 3888 via sms for automatic configuration. Then activate a data bundle to enable you browse.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 5:03pm On May 31, 2016
deedondavi:
please help, mtn deducts 100 naira from my credit daily, I keep receiving messages from 131 ,that my bundle plan has been renewed and I should dial *131*4# to check my bundle. when I dial *559*2# to check my weekly bundle balance, there is a fastlink bundle which is always 33mb. how can I stop this.
Sorry about the deduction. Please provide the affected number, date, amount before and after deduction for checks.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by profdotcom: 5:10pm On May 31, 2016
Good evening pls treat as urgent. My data subscription will expire in a few days and I have about 1044mb left and any time wish to browse,I will be redirected to mtn data reset page.

I have called customer care and after checking they asked me to off and on my data by dialing *466*2# and *466*1# of which I have done all to no avail.

I have sent DATA ON to 131, the response I got was "Sorry, The Command you have entered is incorrect.''

I have also clear my proxy still I can't browse

The subscription I did is the mtn pulse 1Gb for #500

My number is

Type of phone ... Infinix hot note

Location...,. Anambra
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 5:17pm On May 31, 2016
Helens101:
pls Mr Jide,I subscribe 750mb and I can't browse with it since on Thursday and it will be expiring by June 5th.pls I need ur help.I called customer care BT it seem the ladies are not doing anything.08067857578.
Sorry about your inability to browse. Checks show that there is nothing wrong with your line. Kindly clear your proxy address and proxy port then send DATA ON to 131 to enable you browse.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 5:19pm On May 31, 2016
olorunda68:
good day sir, please I've not been able to share data from my SME data share account since Saturday 28/05/2016 please has MTN data share been canceled? I can't even check data balance with *461*2#, it says "incorrect access code" whenever I dialed the code. I still have above 30gb in my MTN sme datashare Account.
Sorry about this sir. This was a general issue and is receiving attention from our support unit. Please bear with us.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 5:29pm On May 31, 2016
temmyjoe:
Please how can i buy data or get data on Mtn extra pro
Yello temmyjoe, please visit www.mtnonline.com to view all MTN data bundles. Thank you
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 5:36pm On May 31, 2016
paragon40:
Mr jidesm, how many days more, will i have to wait for you to gve a tangible response or solution...i have replied ur mail no response yet which kind cc be this nw..since yesterday fa..
Sorry for the delay. Please check your PM. Thank you
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by paragon40(m): 6:03pm On May 31, 2016
JideSM:
Sorry for the delay. Please check your PM. Thank you
NO PBLM, i found a solution already ..i will post this so that it can help ur customers cuz i discoverd that, most of ur agents na scope dem they use. I had to subscribe to the daily 30mb, the mb added up to d 850mb that was the magic i was browsing again nt until after 3days it started again did another sub again dn it started browsing again i don run drain my thing..try to inform ur cc. This is the way out nt technical shit lies they use to say. Thanks for the attention.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by TOYORCEE: 6:05pm On May 31, 2016
Gud pm Mr jideSM it had been over 96hrs since MTN deducted my #1218 I have grown desperate enough to post it here after calling the customer care uncountable times with all of them giving vain assurances that my money will be refunded.
I tried using share and sell to transfer money frm 08138366753 to 08101829705 on May 27th but the response was transaction failed but my was deducted and since then have been calling the customer care with all of them telling the same story that they will forward it to the technical department but up till now my money has not been refunded...
Pls mtn return my money
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by paragon40(m): 6:10pm On May 31, 2016
Helens101:
pls Mr Jide,I subscribe 750mb and I can't browse with it since on Thursday and it will be expiring by June 5th.pls I need ur help.I called customer care BT it seem the ladies are not doing anything.08067857578.
just subscribe to their 30mb for a day is 100naira it will add up, and u wil be able to browse again, had same issue..
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Lilinnanyelugo: 6:44pm On May 31, 2016
please, help me cancel the weekly subscription that collects 25 naira from my phone.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Davedoz(m): 6:52pm On May 31, 2016
JideSM Please in the name of God you people should stop, taking my airtime for no just reason!!!! I loaded N1000 few weeks ago, to subscribe for the night plan you guys rescinded before anyone could subscribe, but obviously it didn't work.
Instead of MTN to leave me to weigh my options and see what other plans i can do with my N1000, you guys started deducting N200 at intervals throughout the day. Until I had N400 left. I had to share the whole N400 out to a friend. Since then I have refused to buy airtime again.

Fastfoward to Yesterday, I finally decided to test the waters with a N100 airtime, I had N4 as at the time of recharge, making it N104, before the end of the day I had N9 left!!!!! No outgoing calls, no text messaging, no browsing with the sim!!! This is highly unfair!!!! This is stealing from a loyal customer. Please this is my number 08065013038. Please do something about the deductions. I'm not asking for my N700 back. I just want the deductions to stop. That's all. Unless I take my matter to NCC.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by 0gbeni(m): 7:55pm On May 31, 2016
JideSM:
Checks show that the data bundle was returned back to your line on the 17th of May. Please confirm.

it wasn't and has not been returned
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Askech(m): 11:49pm On May 31, 2016
JideSM:
So sorry about the deduction. Please provide your mobile number and the date for checks.
phone: 08062856560
date: 28th may
pls sir kindly edit my no out after the issue is resolved tanks
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by BecaciaBarbie(f): 9:00am On Jun 01, 2016
Good morning Mtn, please I need to know why my data isn't working. I'll try to be civil cause I'm really furious right now. I subscribed for the #500 for 1gig - 7days on Saturday, come yesterday I have been unable to use my data till now. I have contacted your customer care agents but they are yet to solve this issue for me. I still have about 1gig and 400mb on my line and its gonna expire in 2days time! How do you explain this? Is this some kind of scam? Are you guys stopping me from exhausting my MB so I can waste money to renew again? It's the 1 gig a scam? I need me a solution right now! If my MB expires before it gets to work, I'll take this matter up not withstanding if its just 1gig and 400mb! What nonsense and rubbish is all these?
This is my number - 07039500522
Phone-Infinix hot note2

@ JideSM
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by HeedrizDepearl(m): 11:18am On Jun 01, 2016
JideSM:
Sorry for the inconvenience you may have experienced because of this. Please confirm if you activated a free BES data bundle on your line to aid further investigation and resolution.

Yes sir, I activated a free BES data bundle on my line and later got it deactivated.

Thanks.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Deeni131: 11:49am On Jun 01, 2016
out of 10 attempts I made on ten different night,to subscribe for mtn 500mb for #25, I was only connected to browse for just 4 times. the rest they would deduct my money but refused me chance to browse.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by hephhay: 1:23pm On Jun 01, 2016
Good afternoon to you @jide, pls i subscribed for just4u and I was given #300 but when I woke up this morning the remaining #180 of my balance has been taken away(08139654238)...when i checked my balance using the normal code, I was told is currently not available. Please help
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by ikombe: 2:22pm On Jun 01, 2016
JideSM , goodafternoon sir.

I got a message from mtn 2day.and i quote

''Y'ello, your subscription to product callerfeelbox has been renewed successfully and naira50.00 is deducted from your account. The next rental collection time is 2016-06-08.''

Pls can you explain this broadaylight robbery . Cause i have never subscribe and will never subscribe for such crap i dont have an idea about. And pls refund my #50 wey i manage put for my line today undecided
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Bolaji16(m): 5:22pm On Jun 01, 2016
@JideSM,

Good evening, I subscribed for the #2000 for 3.75GB bundle this afternoon and I've been unable to use it. All settings are intact but still I'm unable to browse. why is MTN doing this to us.

Here is my number 0703 323 0394

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by deedondavi(m): 10:22pm On Jun 01, 2016
JideSM:
Sorry about the deduction. Please provide the affected number, date, amount before and after deduction for checks.

,100 naira was last deducted on the 30th and 31st of May,I haven't recharged my line since then so as to avoid the usual deduction for the fastlink.
would really appreciate it if the problem could be resolved thanks.
And please how do I contact mtn customer care representative?. I tried calling 180 but couldn't find an option there?

(1) (2) (3) ... (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) ... (256) (Reply)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Mobile Phone Antivirus Software Download - Free. / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.