Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,211 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

MTN Customer Care Thread - Phones (248) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Customer Care Thread (570654 Views)

MTN Customer Care Whatsapp Numbers / Glo Customer Care Thread (unofficial) / Etisalat Customer Care Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (256) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 12:58pm On May 28, 2019
hemjayb:
hello, thanks for the feedback, what are the requirements for one to get a CUG line?

Hello, the requirements are:
You must have a registered company under CAC
Must have from 10 number of staffs and above
visit the MTN office with a valid ID card, company registration details and proof of residential location for assistance.

You will be assisted.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 1:02pm On May 28, 2019
jboixxx:

MTN!!! They claimed to have given me 5,859MB as WINBACK some weeks ago, but i saw only 3000MB which in actual usage sense, was just 600MB; for every 1MB the phone reads, MTN reads it as 5MB. Many MTN N200/1GB data plan users (that I know) complains about data zapping too.

I've bid their data services farewell.

Hi, you will have access to enjoy 1GB for N200 on the same Winback Offer. Dial *131*65# to see the full data offer. Also note that data exhaustion is based on the internet activities carried out on your line. ~BN
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 1:08pm On May 28, 2019
GodisGreat4vr:
MTN NIGERIA IS A FRAUD...
HOW CAN ONE LOAD 250MB FOR 25NAIRA AND GET LESS THAN 180MB...
MTN IS GOING DOWN...
MTN MUST GO (MMG)... angry

Hello, I am sorry you feel this way. Kindly note that you get same value of what you activate on your line. The 250MB for N25 is what you get and used.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 1:10pm On May 28, 2019
GodisGreat4vr:

I had a similar nasty experience, I was downloading a movie and at 120mb, MTN NIGERIA notified me with a text that I have used up 210mb and before I knew it,zap! My data was exhausted... I felt so tired and frustrated.

MTN NIGERIA MUST GO(MMG).... angry

Hello, sorry about the data challenge. Kindly note that data exhaustion is determined by individuals use of the internet through internet enabled apps and browsers. Please follow the link below to see data management tips. Thank you. /2UVcFVN
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 1:15pm On May 28, 2019
MRoss:
My Naija Mtn sim was stolen with my Tecno tablet here in South Africa .. Can I retrieve the line without visiting Naija...??

Hi MRoss, sorry about the lost SIM. You can SIM swap by proxy on the line. Kindly see the process below;

Requester/Proxy must provide at least three (3) frequently-dialed numbers
Proxy collection requires an affidavit & passport-photograph of the owner
Proxy requester requires affidavit sworn to by SIM owner detailing reasons for replacement, reasons for inability to carry-out replacement in person, copy of subscribers ID & valid photo ID of proxy (Photo ID defined as International Passport, Driver’s License or National ID Card or Voters Identification Card)
All documents & information provided by the proxy shall be retained for twelve(12) months.

1 Like

Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by tzjaynee: 8:00pm On May 28, 2019
Freelancerx:
go to settings, Network settings, APN settings, remove Proxy and port and save the space empty you can then restart your phone

Thanks
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by tzjaynee: 8:02pm On May 28, 2019
JideSM:

Y'ello tzjaynee, Kindly uninstall the Facebook Lite application on your device and then install the regular Facebook application. Try to login and then choose the data plan usage if prompted to choose. Please revert once you have done this.

Thanks
I'm good now
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by tzjaynee: 8:02pm On May 28, 2019
JideSM:

Kindly go to your settings, Network settings, APN settings, remove Proxy and port and save the space empty, restart your phone and try again.

Thanks
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by jboixxx: 8:43am On May 29, 2019
JideSM:

Hi, you will have access to enjoy 1GB for N200 on the same Winback Offer. Dial *131*65# to see the full data offer. Also note that data exhaustion is based on the internet activities carried out on your line. ~BN
All I'm saying is, your Winback offer is a scam (permit me to use d word). You gave me 3GB that was, in real sense,
just 600mb; now you want me to buy 1GB that would be 200MB in the real sense of it? Keep your Winback offer, abeg. Make I just de use your line to receive calls and WhatsApp activities when needs be. Airtel and 9mobile are there for calls and superb internet connectivity/pricing.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Sektion: 4:50pm On May 31, 2019
JideSM:

Hello, sorry about the data challenge. Kindly note that data exhaustion is determined by individuals use of the internet through internet enabled apps and browsers. Please follow the link below to see data management tips. Thank you. /2UVcFVN

Hello please I'm suspicious about the new mtn sim i bought this week, Initially i was receiving spam messages from MTN to dial *131*1# for data bundle which made me activate DND, but today i received a message from my own mobile number today which is very alarming and unusual, I tried calling 180 to make complaint and make verification but the language was in hausa and unable to get a way to change it. Screenshots attached below

Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by bizza45: 6:14pm On May 31, 2019
hey Jidesim this *131*65# does it work in all sim ... cos it doesn't work in mine ...
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by funkyjms: 8:55pm On May 31, 2019
bizza45:
hey Jidesim this *131*65# does it work in all sim ... cos it doesn't work in mine ...

No, it's SIM selective.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by enochogaga(m): 9:02pm On May 31, 2019
Hello Jedi, please what are the charges on mtn cug line and the talk time given? And must it be use by only company, can't aa family make use of it, and how do I get the cug line.?
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Benolbenzene: 1:38pm On Jun 03, 2019
please sir, I back up my mum number, but when they stole her phone the total number I back on mtn were reduced, so I don't know how to go about it. her number is 08060476770. I would like to get the total number of back up contact please
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 1:05pm On Jun 04, 2019
tzjaynee:

Thanks
I'm good now

That's good to hear.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 1:11pm On Jun 04, 2019
bizza45:

Hello bizza45, thank you for reaching out. Kindly note that the *131*65# is a WINback data offer given to customers that have not used their lines between 30 - 180 days. Kindly dial *131*1# to view list of MTN data bundles. ~BN
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by ibizgirl(f): 1:11pm On Jun 04, 2019
Hi, @jidesim, I wanted to recharge my data but when I recharged my line was surprised to see that the credit has been converted to N3000 talk time. I did not subscribe for this. Is there anyway it can be converted back? 08130350400
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 1:11pm On Jun 04, 2019
Benolbenzene:
please sir, I back up my mum number, but when they stole her phone the total number I back on mtn were reduced, so I don't know how to go about it. her number is 08060476770. I would like to get the total number of back up contact please

Y'ello, thank you for contacting us. Kindly be informed that it is the contacts you backed-up you saw after a successful SIM swap done on the stolen line.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 1:24pm On Jun 04, 2019
ibizgirl:
Hi, @jidesim, I wanted to recharge my data but when I recharged my line was surprised to see that the credit has been converted to N3000 talk time. I did not subscribe for this. Is there anyway it can be converted back? 08130350400

Y'ello, I am sorry to read about this. Kindly provide the mode or method of recharge and the screenshot of the sms received to aid assistance.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 1:27pm On Jun 04, 2019
ibizgirl:

Hello, Checks done show that the recharge card you loaded N100 is available on your line and have been used for making calls with N82 remaining on it. May I know if you made another recharge on your line?
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 1:31pm On Jun 04, 2019
Sektion:

Hello please I'm suspicious about the new mtn sim i bought this week, Initially i was receiving spam messages from MTN to dial *131*1# for data bundle which made me activate DND, but today i received a message from my own mobile number today which is very alarming and unusual, I tried calling 180 to make complaint and make verification but the language was in hausa and unable to get a way to change it. Screenshots attached below

Hello, sorry about this. Kindly send your number through e-mail message so that your line will be checked.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 1:34pm On Jun 04, 2019
jboixxx:

All I'm saying is, your Winback offer is a scam (permit me to use d word). You gave me 3GB that was, in real sense,
just 600mb; now you want me to buy 1GB that would be 200MB in the real sense of it? Keep your Winback offer, abeg. Make I just de use your line to receive calls and WhatsApp activities when needs be. Airtel and 9mobile are there for calls and superb internet connectivity/pricing.

The data you activate through Winback offer are the real data bundle and it depends on the way you use it that will determine if it will last for you.
Use the link to learn how to manage your data. /2UVcFVN
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by jboixxx: 3:44pm On Jun 04, 2019
JideSM:

The data you activate through Winback offer are the real data bundle and it depends on the way you use it that will determine if it will last for you.
Use the link to learn how to manage your data. /2UVcFVN
undecided
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by ibizgirl(f): 7:33pm On Jun 04, 2019
I loaded N500 today and got a message saying I have received N3000 for calls and SMS i did not understand this since I am on pulse The N100 was yesterday.

JideSM:

Hello, Checks done show that the recharge card you loaded N100 is available on your line and have been used for making calls with N82 remaining on it. May I know if you made another recharge on your line?
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by giftedhands101: 11:26am On Jun 05, 2019
JideSM:

Hello, I am sorry about the recharge experience. Checks done show part of the airtime has been used. Share and sell service will be advised so that you will be able to enjoy part of the money. If you had not used any from the airtime, we will be able to process the reversal through your bank. You have been called to explain to you better, but the call was unanswered. ~BN

Hi @JideSM, kindly modify your post and delete my number from the above. Thanks.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Mzora(f): 11:08pm On Jun 05, 2019
Hello, please I tried cutting my mtn SIM to a micro SIM, but was told my sim is the old type and can't cut it so as not to spoil the chip, how do I get a new SIM as I still have the SIM itself?
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by jboixxx: 3:27am On Jun 06, 2019
Mzora:
Hello, please I tried cutting my mtn SIM to a micro SIM, but was told my sim is the old type and can't cut it so as not to spoil the chip, how do I get a new SIM as I still have the SIM itself?
. SIM swap/upgrade at any MTN shop
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Mzora(f): 10:59am On Jun 06, 2019
jboixxx:

. SIM swap/upgrade at any MTN shop
ok.thanks...what do I need to go with to mtn shop?
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by jboixxx: 11:20am On Jun 06, 2019
Mzora:
ok.thanks...what do I need to go with to mtn shop?
.Go with the SIM pack and valid ID
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Mzora(f): 11:22am On Jun 06, 2019
jboixxx:

.Go with the SIM pack and valid ID
i don't have the SIM pack,just the SIM itself... Will it be accepted with a valid ID? Thanks for your help.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by jboixxx: 12:56pm On Jun 06, 2019
Mzora:
i don't have the SIM pack,just the SIM itself... Will it be accepted with a valid ID? Thanks for your help.
Hopefully. You can try or wait for confirmation from Jide
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Mzora(f): 1:33pm On Jun 06, 2019
jboixxx:

Hopefully. You can try or wait for confirmation from Jide
ok.thanks for your help

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (256) (Reply)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Mobile Phone Antivirus Software Download - Free. / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.