Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,178 members, 7,818,562 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

MTN Customer Care Thread - Phones (247) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Customer Care Thread (570745 Views)

MTN Customer Care Whatsapp Numbers / Glo Customer Care Thread (unofficial) / Etisalat Customer Care Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (256) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by jboixxx: 2:18pm On May 17, 2019
nurez305:
@jideSM please I need your help. I was on mtn pulse and I try to bought 500 naira data, then I saw an option to select 500MB with 500 naira talk time, then I selected it and I was migrated out of mtn pulse to men xtravalue . Then I decided to migrated back to my mtn pulse and when I check my data, I could not see the data I bought again. Please what is going on, hope I have not loose my money for migrating back to my plan.

Kindly respond to me please
Just forget it!
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by tzjaynee: 1:49pm On May 18, 2019
jboixxx:

Check your settings or delete and reinstall the app.

I've done this countless times but it's still the same issue
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by longestwai: 7:16pm On May 18, 2019
tecno navigation bar u must make it despair when the user went to make it so u have to make a setting for the navigation bar
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by longestwai: 7:21pm On May 18, 2019
tecno my CX is no more supporting 4G anymore
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Freelancerx: 7:30pm On May 18, 2019
check if you have good mtn coverage in your area
longestwai:
tecno my CX is no more supporting 4G anymore
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Freelancerx: 7:36pm On May 18, 2019
Can you recome and state the name of the tecno phone
longestwai:
tecno navigation bar u must make it despair when the user went to make it so u have to make a setting for the navigation bar
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 1:27pm On May 21, 2019
donaldking10:

This is the message i was sent, yet i don't receive any 4G signal.

Yello! Your SIM and device are 4G LTE ready. Simply dial *131# to activate a data plan for superfast 4G LTE experience within LTE locations.

For more information on MTN 4G LTE, including 4G coverage location; please visit www.mtnonline.com/4g or walk in to any of our service centres nationwide.

Hello, kindly text LTE to 131 to confirm if your line is eligible for the 4G LTE 25% data bonus on all data you will activate on your line.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 1:33pm On May 21, 2019
Despirado121:
I came across an mtn advert yesterday which was talking about dialing *131*65*2# and getting 1gb for just #200. I'll like to know if it's real and from mtn and also what are the things to do to be eligible for the offer if it's real. Thanks in advance

Hello Despirado121, sorry for the delayed response. Kindly note that its a winback offer and its available for customers that have not used their lines between 30 - 180 days. Dial *559*65# to confirm if your line is eligible.

1 Like

Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 1:34pm On May 21, 2019
funkyjms:

Yes, it's real
That's what I'm using. However, the offer is available to SIMs that have been "inactive" for a minimum period of 30 days - if I'm correct.

Modified!

Yes you are correct.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 1:39pm On May 21, 2019
tzjaynee:

Tried clearing data, but all I saw was cache. I'm using a tecno camon x

Kindly go to your settings, Network settings, APN settings, remove Proxy and port and save the space empty, restart your phone and try again.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 1:57pm On May 21, 2019
iNCONCLUSIVE:
Oga jidesm, #1000 airtime has been cleared from this number (08105453336) which has been inactive for some time. I only discovered it today when I tried to use the SIM card. Please address and resolve this issue. Thank you.

Hello, I am sorry you had this experience. Checks done show that your line was credited with the Winback bonus offer. The Welcome back bonus is offered to customers that have not used their lines between 30 to 180 days and your line fall in that level. However, the bonus has been used and exhausted. You can also enjoy 4GB for N1000 valid for 30days. Dial *131*65# to activate.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 2:00pm On May 21, 2019
AndyGlobal:
Hey Jide!
Good work you are doing here.
Please I've not been able to make or receive calls in my residence for the past 3weeks.The signal is always null. I've contacted customer care several times for this and the situation is still same.
Please kindly help me out this is making me go crazy because this is my main sim.

Hi AndyGlobal, I apologize for this experience. May I know your location and forward the affected number through e-mail message so that it will be looked into.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 2:02pm On May 21, 2019
AdorableJosh:
Good day Jide,

Like the poster above, I've been unable to receive and make calls for a month now on my line and it's absolutely frustrating because it's my main line, I stay in Abuja and the network comes back when I get to certain parts but goes off immediately I get to my area, I'd already talked to the customer service but they've not been much of a help, I beg you I need you to help resolve this, it's doing my head in. Thanks, I can give you my number when necessary.

Hi AdorableJosh, I apologize for the netwrok experience. May I know your location and forward the affected number through e-mail message so that it will be looked into.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 2:07pm On May 21, 2019
hemjayb:
hello jide,

please does mtn offer a postpaid package that enable one to call a specific number for some stipulated minutes for a fixed price?

Hello, you can enjoy that on a CUG. Once a line is attached to a CUG it will make call to the lines on the same CUG without deductions with a monthly limit.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 2:11pm On May 21, 2019
tzjaynee:

I have active data. I only experience this ish with facebook lite. But with facebook mobile, I can view photos, even when I sign on using a browser, I can also view photos

Kindly go to your settings, Network settings, APN settings, remove Proxy and port and save it empty, restart your phone Log Off and Login to the Facebook lite and try again.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 2:12pm On May 21, 2019
SammyJac:
How do I migrate to MTN pulse?

Y'ello, in order to migrate into MTN Pulse tariff plan, kindly text 406 to 131 or dial *406*1#. Migration is free once within 30 days as more than one migration within the same time frame costs N100.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 2:16pm On May 21, 2019
tzjaynee:

I have active data. I only experience this ish with facebook lite. But with facebook mobile, I can view photos, even when I sign on using a browser, I can also view photos

Y'ello tzjaynee, Kindly uninstall the Facebook Lite application on your device and then install the regular Facebook application. Try to login and then choose the data plan usage if prompted to choose. Please revert once you have done this.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 2:22pm On May 21, 2019
Neimar:
I need mtn cheat jare grin

Y'ello Neimar, kindly be informed that we do not have cheats on the MTN network. For more information about our products and services, please visit www.mtnonline.com Thank you.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 2:26pm On May 21, 2019
nurez305:
@jideSM please I need your help. I was on mtn pulse and I try to bought 500 naira data, then I saw an option to select 500MB with 500 naira talk time, then I selected it and I was migrated out of mtn pulse to men xtravalue . Then I decided to migrated back to my mtn pulse and when I check my data, I could not see the data I bought again. Please what is going on, hope I have not loose my money for migrating back to my plan.

Kindly respond to me please

Hello, sorry about the data and migration experience. May I have the affected phone number so that it will be looked into.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by lexrichy(m): 2:30pm On May 21, 2019
Good afternoon am currently enjoying the MTN welcome back 200 naira for 1gig and I want to upgrade my sim to 4g.will I lose the MTN welcome back 200 for 1gig if I upgrade?
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 2:35pm On May 21, 2019
CsRockefeller:
I just got an MTN wifi device, pls, what data plan will be most suitable for a light user of a Hp laptop for 30 days?

Hi, thank you for reaching out. You can enjoy the MiFi device using MTN data bundles when you dial *131*1# to view the data plans that are available. There is daily, weekly and monthly plans. Also check link to view list of MTN data bundle https://mtnonline.com/data-plan
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 3:01pm On May 21, 2019
giftedhands101:
@jideSM, kindly assist

On the 8th of May, 2019(1:19am), I recharged through my bank by dialling *919#. I mistakenly typed in 8413 and that amount was recharged to my MTN line(08034790735).

I immediately called MTN customer care and informed them of my error and asked them to kindly return 8213 into my bank account. They asked for details of the transaction and I gave them( my bank account no, ref I.d, date and time of transaction etc).

The agent promised that it would be resolved within 24 hours but I am yet to receive a refund. I have been calling customer care since then and they have been telling me that it would be resolved, but today is 13th May.

Please, what is the way forward. I really need the money. Thanks.

Hello, I am sorry about the recharge experience. Checks done show part of the airtime has been used. Share and sell service will be advised so that you will be able to enjoy part of the money. If you had not used any from the airtime, we will be able to process the reversal through your bank. You have been called to explain to you better, but the call was unanswered. ~BN
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 3:05pm On May 21, 2019
lexrichy:
Good afternoon am currently enjoying the MTN welcome back 200 naira for 1gig and I want to upgrade my sim to 4g.will I lose the MTN welcome back 200 for 1gig if I upgrade?

Hello, thank you for reaching out. I will advice that you first enjoy the winback offer before making the upgrade. The upgrade will offer you 4GB data bonus in a 4G network location and 25% data bonus on data activation.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by AdorableJosh(m): 4:01pm On May 21, 2019
JideSM:

Hi AdorableJosh, I apologize for the netwrok experience. May I know your location and forward the affected number through e-mail message so that it will be looked into.

Thanks, sent you a PM
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Halezis(m): 4:57pm On May 21, 2019
Lost my MTN sim with my phone last August. Wanted to welcome back then but I couldn't find my sim pack. Hope the number will still be available for welcome back now. Someone told me they use to sell out numbers after some time
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 11:42am On May 22, 2019
Halezis:
Lost my MTN sim with my phone last August. Wanted to welcome back then but I couldn't find my sim pack. Hope the number will still be available for welcome back now. Someone told me they use to sell out numbers after some time

Y'ello Halezis, thank you for contacting us. Kindly be provide the affected phone number via email to aid assistance.

However, please be informed that if the SIM pack is not available, you need to provide an affidavit attesting to the ownership and loss of SIM. You will be asked to purchase a prepaid welcome back pack which costs N100.00 and the welcome back will be done for you.

Please see image for acceptable ID card for SIM swap.

Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Freelancerx: 12:24pm On May 23, 2019
go to settings, Network settings, APN settings, remove Proxy and port and save the space empty you can then restart your phone
tzjaynee:

Tried clearing data, but all I saw was cache. I'm using a tecno camon x
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by hemjayb(m): 8:10pm On May 24, 2019
JideSM:

Hello, you can enjoy that on a CUG. Once a line is attached to a CUG it will make call to the lines on the same CUG without deductions with a monthly limit.
hello, thanks for the feedback, what are the requirements for one to get a CUG line?
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by GodisGreat4vr: 1:04pm On May 25, 2019
MTN NIGERIA IS A FRAUD...
HOW CAN ONE LOAD 250MB FOR 25NAIRA AND GET LESS THAN 180MB...
MTN IS GOING DOWN...
MTN MUST GO (MMG)... angry
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by jboixxx: 1:16pm On May 25, 2019
GodisGreat4vr:
MTN NIGERIA IS A FRAUD...
HOW CAN ONE LOAD 250MB FOR 25NAIRA AND GET LESS THAN 180MB...
MTN IS GOING DOWN...
MTN MUST GO (MMG)... angry
MTN!!! They claimed to have given me 5,859MB as WINBACK some weeks ago, but i saw only 3000MB which in actual usage sense, was just 600MB; for every 1MB the phone reads, MTN reads it as 5MB. Many MTN N200/1GB data plan users (that I know) complains about data zapping too.

I've bid their data services farewell.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by GodisGreat4vr: 2:00pm On May 25, 2019
jboixxx:

MTN!!! They claimed to have given me 5,859MB as WINBACK some weeks ago, but i saw only 3000MB which in actual usage sense, was just 600MB; for every 1MB the phone reads, MTN reads it as 5MB. Many MTN N200/1GB data plan users (that I know) complains about data zapping too.

I've bid their data services farewell.

I had a similar nasty experience, I was downloading a movie and at 120mb, MTN NIGERIA notified me with a text that I have used up 210mb and before I knew it,zap! My data was exhausted... I felt so tired and frustrated.

MTN NIGERIA MUST GO(MMG).... angry
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by MRoss: 7:47am On May 28, 2019
My Naija Mtn sim was stolen with my Tecno tablet here in South Africa .. Can I retrieve the line without visiting Naija...??

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (256) (Reply)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Mobile Phone Antivirus Software Download - Free. / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.