Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,823 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:57 PM

ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities (27651 Views)

Dead Students Write Exams in Oko Poly / Five (5) Nigeria University To Cancel Post Utme 2015 / Ui 2008/2009 Post Ume exams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by kwaraguy(m): 5:13pm On Aug 01, 2013
I was really expecting something like this, ASUU's motto is supposed to be "FOR THE BETTERMENT OF OUR POCKETS, TO HELL WITH OTHERS'
Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by skyluv2000(m): 5:14pm On Aug 01, 2013
This ASUU, is chewing more than, they can swallow, i think it is high the leaders of this obstinate and gruesome body are darely dealt with, the way Fashola dealt with Doctors then at Lagos.
Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by Jeezyy(m): 5:18pm On Aug 01, 2013
Phygo: Datz a good news 4 me, PTUME runs has bn my part of living.
get a life bro., 10years from now it won't pay your bills....jst an advice
Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by Opawale(m): 5:19pm On Aug 01, 2013
shangpearlz: ASUU should b scrabbed! Mtcheeew
"scrapped" sis.
Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by Dambob: 5:20pm On Aug 01, 2013
my country my nation.......... my educational system is compulsory spilling. assu, gej 's children studying abroad d only poor one in my country is unmanageable
Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by gidjah(m): 5:23pm On Aug 01, 2013
ALL SHALL BE WELL WIT US IN NIG, Sme times I really wonder y we shld hv both jamb n post jamb at d same time as a criteria for addm in to our unis, jamb wil milk parents dry n at d same time univ wil do theres any how, all towards d same aim, na wa for us, slavery no go end for africa. one body shld b okay to conduct ds exams, dey r raising threats coz they weren't settled abi no be so
Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by Drigdee(m): 5:25pm On Aug 01, 2013
If post-ume is scrabbed then its good news
Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by ceeceeco: 5:26pm On Aug 01, 2013
Imagine hw all dis maggots in nigeria are disgracing themselves. Is dis hw u guys intend 2 improve the educational system in this fucking country. Anyway, God is watching!
Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 01, 2013
shangpearlz: ASUU should b scrabbed! Mtcheeew
shocked Yehhh.....You haff Kee inglish feenish ooo!
Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by mikeapollo: 5:30pm On Aug 01, 2013
The post-UME exams are un-necessary in the first place.

Universities are supposed to admit students using a uniform standard like JAMB scores. Asking a poor student who resides in Lagos or Calabar to travel to a far place like Kano or Maiduguri to write another exam is stupid, risky and unfair!

If universities must conduct a post-UME exams, then they must have the logistics to make students write the exams at their places of residence.

In any case, universities do conduct semester exams. Why not continue to use JAMB results for admission, and then use the internal continuos assessments/semester exams to weed out students who are not qualified/competent?
Ghanaian universites use only WAEC for their admission, yet they are ranked and rated better than Nigerian universities

Post-UME is a fraud
Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by Nobody: 5:32pm On Aug 01, 2013
mactoni91: Latest from Abuja on ASUU strike !!!
ﻪﯾﺎﺳ ﺖﻓﺭ ﺮﮔﺍ ﺭﻮﻧ ﺎﻣ ﻩﺮﯿﺧ ﻢﺸﭼ ﻭ ﺭﺍﻮﯾﺩ ﺶﻘﻧ ﺖﺴﯿﻧ ﺍﺪﯿﭘ
ﺎﻤﻫﺮﯿﺨﺸﭼﺪﻧﺍﺩ ﯽﻤﻧ ﺮﮔﺩ ﻪﯾﺎﺳ ﺶﻘﻧ
ﺶﻘﻧ ﺭﻮﻧ ﻥﺍﺩ ﯽﻤﻧ ﺮﮔﺩ ﻪﯾﺎﺳ ﺶﻘﻧ
ﺎﻣ ﻩﺮﯿﺧ ﻢﺸﭼﻭ ﺭﺍﻮﯾﺪﺘﻓﺭ ﺮﮔﺍ ﻭ ﺭﺍﻮﯾﺩ
ﺮﮔﺍﺭﻮﻧ ﻥﺍﺩ ﯽﻤﻧ . ﺮﮔﺩ ﻪﯾﺎﺳ ﺶﻘﻧ ﺶﻘﻧ ﺍﺪﯿﭙﻓﺭ ﺮﮔ . ﺎﻣ ﻩﺮﯿﺧ ﻢﺸﭼ ﺖﺴﯿﻧ ﺍﺪﺘﻓﺭ ﺎﻣ ﻩﺮﯿﺧ ﻢﺸﭼ ﻭ ﺭﺍﻮﯾﺩ ﺶﻘﻧ ﺖﺴﯿﻧ
ﺮﮔﺩ ﻪﯾﺎﺳ ﺭﻮﻧ ﻥﺍﺩ ﯽﻤﻧ ﺮﮔﺩ ﻪﯾﺎﺳ
ﺎﻤﻫﺮﯿﺨﻤﻧ .
If I hear anything else, I'll let you guys know!

Throw this piece of trash into the dustbin.

Speak English if you want to communicate. undecided
Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by CarterMula: 5:33pm On Aug 01, 2013
Okada Stop me here. .
Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by CarterMula: 5:34pm On Aug 01, 2013
mikeapollo: The post-UME exams are un-necessary in the first place.

Universities are supposed to admit students using a uniform standard like JAMB scores. Asking a poor student who resides in Lagos or Calabar to travel to a far place like Kano or Maiduguri to write another exam is stupid, risky and unfair!

If universities must conduct a post-UME exams, then they must have the logistics to make students write the exams at their places of residence.

In any case, universities do conduct semester exams. Why not continue to use JAMB results for admission, and then use the internal continuos assessments/semester exams to weed out students who are not qualified/competent?
Ghanaian universites use only WAEC for their admission, yet they are ranked and rated better than Nigerian universities

Post-UME is a fraud

Thank You
Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by lymelyte(m): 5:37pm On Aug 01, 2013
too much of everything is bad.ASUU leadership are now biting more than what they can chew. e get where e go reach,some varsity go pull out of this nonsense strike.
Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by cardoso111(m): 5:38pm On Aug 01, 2013
this Maltoni must be an ASUU man!
Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by deebrain(m): 5:49pm On Aug 01, 2013
....goes back to his bottle of soda water....
Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by simdam500(m): 5:55pm On Aug 01, 2013
Hope they do oooo
Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by Nobody: 6:00pm On Aug 01, 2013
anytin wey dem like dey fit do.
me n siblings don go skool finish.
except our education standard improve before my children's time else, they are all skooling abroad. even if na india!
Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by 2rutalk1: 6:06pm On Aug 01, 2013
I really don't understand the usefulness of this Association called NANS. Since ASUU went on strike those idiots who call themselves NANS Excos have not made any official statement about it. I think the Association is more interested in politics than the welfare of Nigerian Students. The right of Nigerian Students (right to education) is being violated and the the Association of Nigerian Students (whatever the name is) should rise to this challenge and defend the Students. Paying a school is a contract which ought not to be breached by any of the two parties (the School or the Students). It is therefore disheartening to hear NANS giving the FG ultimatum to end crises in Rivers State without saying anything about a matter that concerns its members directly.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 01, 2013
wats dis na.dont try it o cos i score 75 o.
Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by olasman0(m): 6:26pm On Aug 01, 2013
Total crap...they should go †☺ hell jђøЯ
Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by naturalluci: 6:30pm On Aug 01, 2013
Ooops!
Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by immaq8(f): 6:32pm On Aug 01, 2013
Abeg who bring d ideai of ASUU?. Vex dey catch d baba bcox e no get share 4 PUTME form.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by funmidnairaland: 6:34pm On Aug 01, 2013
Good News for students

ASUU Update : Goodluck Jonathan Agrees to Terms.Click below forn details

http://prepclass.com.ng/ASUU-update-goodluck-jonathan-agrees-to-terms/
Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by judedwriter(m): 6:35pm On Aug 01, 2013
Which way Nigeria? ASUU can u help show us d way and stop adding to our youths anguish?
Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by easyfem(m): 6:40pm On Aug 01, 2013
All bullshit for ASUU
Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by Donvitalis(m): 6:47pm On Aug 01, 2013
Promhize: ASUU should not bite more than they can chew o.
Greedy bastards, so what if lecturers inputs were absent.
As long as d exam was fair or how many students have they seen complaining.
Drunk hypocrites, always demanding from FG, never satisfied.
Students are stuck @ home because of their greed
Yea, ASUU are now going too far by this declaration buh that doesn't warrant the "greed" tag labeled on them.
Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by Nobody: 6:49pm On Aug 01, 2013
Wickedness. Why bring the kids into it?
Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by Oyinmyddo(f): 6:49pm On Aug 01, 2013
Dis is irritating, set of useless, heartless and self-centred people. . . Mtcheeew
Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by Nten: 7:02pm On Aug 01, 2013
Pls o nairalanders. Is A.B.U ZARIA not an ASUU member. People are on strike some are writing exams. I need response pls
Re: ASUU Threatens To Cancel Post-UME Exams In Universities by Nten: 7:09pm On Aug 01, 2013
careytommy: anytin wey dem like dey fit do.
me n siblings don go skool finish.
except our education standard improve before my children's time else, they are all skooling abroad. even if na india!
wonderful!!! From a Nigerian...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"I Was Beaten, Molested, I Picked A Bottle In Self Defence" - Suspended Oau Vp / Letter Written By A Polytechnic Student Who Is In HND 2 / South African Lady Celebrates Househelp Who Graduated With Degree In Psychology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.