Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,608 members, 7,851,074 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:06 PM

On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- (33341 Views)

What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? / The Early Church Vs The Modern Church / Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 6:49pm On Aug 15, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
...so kneeling before that of crucified jesus is also not acceptable by you?

No it's not!!. Why?. Cos God said we shouldn't bow down to ANY(no exception) graven images. He didn't say bow to only graven images of CRUCIFIED JESUS. Just show me where the graven image of Jesus is acceptable by God and I'll take back my word. Just show me please

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 6:50pm On Aug 15, 2013
naijadeyhia:

Wow what a lopsided response. Why then did Jesus begin his response with the words "ON THE CONTRARY"? This shows a refutation of the statement from the woman in the crowd

cool
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 15, 2013
[b]Again, there is NOTHING taught in the Bible about praying a Rosary, counting beads, etc. In fact, Jesus condemned vain repetitions, "But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking" (Matthew 6:7). So why do Catholics disobey God? The Catholic Rosary is largely a prayer to Mary. The Rosary is blasphemy! Though Catholics like to point out that they are not praying to Mary, the 2nd of the ten commandments clearly prohibits and warns us NOT to BOW DOWN to any graven image. God in the 2nd commandment even goes as far as to warn us against bowing down to the likeness of anything in HEAVEN OR EARTH.

Mary worship is a sin! Pope John Paul II is a great Mary lover. In his book Crossing the Threshold of Hope, the Pope testifies that his personal devotion to Mary was developed at Marian sites such as Jasna Gora (home of the Black Madonna) in his homeland of Poland. The Pope has "Totus Tuus" (All Yours) embroidered on his papal garments, designating his "abandonment to Mary"

After the Pope was shot during an assassination attempt in May 1981, he attributed his subsequent recovery to Mary, and it was at shrines such as Jasna Gora and Fatima that he has expressed his thankfulness to the "Queen of Heaven." He prays to Mary daily. This is an abomination unto the Lord.

"I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images." -Isaiah 42:8[/b][/quote]

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by spongebuny: 6:55pm On Aug 15, 2013
Protestants who claim to follow Holy Scripture literally, practice a false man-made doctrine which they have labeled Sola Scriptura or "Bible Only", a term virtually unknown before the Protestant revolt of the early sixteenth century. In other words, they say that the Bible is all they need or want because they claim it contains everything necessary for salvation. Anything outside of the Bible is immaterial and should simply be ignored or discarded. By taking such a narrow view of salvation history, they have boxed themselves in to a limited knowledge of Christianity. This grave limitation exposes them to increased and compounded error, because for them to believe in anything, therefore, they must be able to find it in the Bible. However, the very doctrine of Sola Scriptura itself, is not to be found anywhere in Holy Scripture, as I have documented in the above two links. That being the case, how could anyone practice it and not be accused of hypocrisy?

"The Lord says, "These people worship me with their mouths and honor me with their lips. But their hearts are far from me, and their worship of me is based on rules made by humans."
Isaiah 29:13
"Jesus told them, "Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites in Scripture: 'These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Their worship of me is pointless, because their teachings are rules made by humans.' ""
Mark 7:6-7
The fact that the man-made "rule" of Sola Scriptura cannot be found in Scripture proves it to be a "rule made by humans", and this makes it diametrically opposed to Holy Scripture and the words of Jesus Christ.

Since Scripture is not self authenticating, and is not self teaching*, and does not specify which books within it are inspired, how can the Protestant know that the book to which he holds is inspired at all?
*Acts 8:30-31, 2Peter 3:16

Sola Scriptura has failed this most basic test. It is not Biblical. It is certainly not historical before the Protestant revolt. It could not possibly have worked before the invention of the printing press when Bibles became plentiful. It could not possibly have worked when 95% of the masses were illiterate. From the evidence I have presented in this essay, it simply could not, and does not, and never will work. Protestantism fabricated this false man-made doctrine of Sola Scriptura simply because they have nothing else to work with.

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 15, 2013
[b]"Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats..." (1st Timothy 4:1-3). It's not difficult at all to EXPOSE the demonic Catholic faith if a person is simply willing to believe the Bible over Catholic tradition--but that's the BIG PROBLEM ... Jesus said in Matthew 15:9, "But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men." The Bible teaches that Peter had a wife (Matthew 8:14). Yet, Catholic priests are wrongfully denied the God-given privilege to marry. The results have been tragic.

It's almost impossible to convince a Catholic that all of their priests, archbishops, cardinals, and even the Popes are heretics. I can tell you with great certain my friend--they are all LIARS! How can I be so bold as to say such a thing? It's simply because I have in my hand the eternal, inspired, inerrant, infallible, preserved, Words of God. Most Catholics DON'T genuinely believe the Bible. Rather, they have sold their souls to a bunch of religious charlatans (priests) who commit blasphemy by claiming to have the power to forgive your sins.

Even the self-righteous hypocritical Pharisees knew better than to be so arrogant as to claim the power to forgive someone's sin ... "And the scribes and the Pharisees began to reason, saying ... Who can forgive sins, but God alone?" Woe unto the Catholic Church, for it is a prisonhouse of religion. Romans 10:3,4 proclaims, "For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth."[/b]

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 15, 2013
ochongonoko:
Smh.. That means to say the THOUSAND names listed in the bible which THEIR TIME OR PLACE of birth was mentioned are God or Jesus?. What are you even talking about?. Did the bible list the PLACE of birth of every name in it?. Smh
so u admit everything is not written in the bible right? Since the bible didn't mention their birth place or even their birth, why do u assume she gave birth to them? From your analogy I can say the bible didn't ask us to honor Mary but I assume it is the right thing to do because God blessed her and she is the mother of God. Another analogy could b the bible didnt say we should honor her but he didn't say we shouldn't either .so we can honor her .
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 6:58pm On Aug 15, 2013
[b]The Roman Catholic church is a cesspool.

There is NOTHING in the Bible about praying to statues. There is NOTHING in the Bible about not eating meat on good Fridays. There is NOTHING in the Bible about worshipping the dead. The Catholic religion can't make up it's mind and keeps changing it's dogma (doctrine). In fact, here's a long list of Catholicism's manmade heresies and when they were fabricated. Catholics just keep making it up as they go.

Catholicism is a lie of the devil, a prison-house of religion. If I didn't sincerely care about people, then I wouldn't take the time to WARN you. The Catholic religion is all a bunch of Satanic lies based upon traditions and ridiculous manipulations of the Word of God. I plead with you as a friend, obey the Bible by turning to the Lord Jesus Christ in faith and forsaking the lies of the Catholic church. Their teachings will take you to hell with them if you're foolish enough to follow them. Don't do it. Salvation is NOT found in a religion, but in a Person--the Lord Jesus Christ! You need Christianity friend, NOT churchianity.[/b]

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 6:59pm On Aug 15, 2013
naijadeyhia:

Wow what a lopsided response. Why then did Jesus begin his response with the words "ON THE CONTRARY"? This shows a refutation of the statement from the woman in the crowd
On the contrary/ rather simply means ''indicating one's preference in a particular matter.

The matter he was dicussing has nothing to do with the what the woman exclaimed. So, instead of diversing, he steered the wheel back to the matter he was on using that too...

C'mon.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by spongebuny: 7:00pm On Aug 15, 2013
The Protestant Out of Context Error:

Protestants have a bad habit of taking Holy Scripture out of context when they try to make a point.

CONTEXT: The part of a text or statement that surrounds a particular word or passage AND DETERMINES ITS MEANING.
Protestants invariably will choose a verse or two from Scripture in a vain attempt to "prove" a point. They are oblivious to the surrounding text which gives a different, or usually opposite meaning to their chosen verse or phrase. They will also omit key information and in so doing slant the truth.
Some examples are...
Sola Scriptura: They will use 2Timothy 3:16-17 to try to justify it, but taken in context, those two verses portray an entirely different meaning.
There is no justification for Sola Scriptura whatsoever in those two verses.
One Mediator: They use 1Timothy 2:5 to "prove" this, but taken in context, 1Timothy 2:1, indicates many intercessors. The Blessed Virgin Mary is an intercessor."
Call no man your Father, taken out of context.
The "brothers and sisters" of the Lord, taken out of context.

A text without a context is simply a pretext and nothing more.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by spongebuny: 7:02pm On Aug 15, 2013
The Mis-interpretation of Holy Scripture Error by the protestants:
There are several things which must be taken into consideration when interpreting Holy Scripture, and many of them are ignored by Protestants.
1. The Senses of Scripture. Should the passage be taken literally, allegorically, as a parable, etc?
Most Protestants will take the whole Bible literally, except for John chapter 6, of which they say it is symbolic.
2. The meaning of the words used at the time of writing are not necessarily the same meaning of the words today.
3. History plays a big role in proper Scriptural interpretation. The nature and customs of those of which Scripture speaks must be taken into account.
4. The true meanings of what the authors had in mind are sometimes lost in translation from one language to another. Words in one language sometimes have no exact counterpart in another language and a word is chosen by compromise as "closest" in meaning, that is according to the one who is doing the translating. Frequently, the ancient Greek and Hebrew texts must be consulted in order to ascertain the true meanings of the words of Scripture.
5. Many Protestant sects will attempt to conform Holy Scripture to their false teaching, rather than to conform their teaching to the truth of Scripture.

Some of the false charges made by Protestants against the Catholic Church, due to their mis-interpretation of Holy Scripture. Cases in point:
*Mary had "other children".
*Holding to the Sabbath.
*Peter had no Primacy.
*The Papacy is not scriptural.
*The Catholic Church could not be the Church which Jesus Christ founded, as it does not match what Scripture says regarding the primitive Church.
*The Holy Eucharist is merely a symbol and could not be the Body of Christ. Didn't Jesus Christ say in many verses that it is His Body? Did He say anywhere that it was only a symbolic gesture?
*The seven churches mentioned in Revelation 2 and 3 are said to be various Protestant churches. That is one of the most ridiculous claims of all, with Protestants grasping at straws, and using wishful thinking. To make it simple, by using today's English, those seven Churches were parishes in different cities of the same one Church which Jesus Christ founded. In easy to understand terms, they were all founded by the same Apostles who were all infused with the same truth by the same Holy Spirit at the same time at Pentecost. They all taught only one truth, so all of those Churches were in the same one fold, and were not in seven different opposing Protestant folds.
The seven Churches are merely an extension of Acts 1:8 where Jesus said this to the Apostles:
"But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be my witnesses in Jerusalem (local) and in all Judea and Sama'ria (expanding to surrounding areas) and to the end of the earth (expanding over the whole earth)."
How could this ever be accomplished except by establishing Churches in all areas of the world?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 15, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
On the contrary/ rather simply means ''indicating one's preference in a particular matter.

The matter he was dicussing has nothing to do with the what the woman exclaimed. So, instead of diversing, he steered the wheel back to the matter he was on using that too...

C'mon.

On the Contrary simply is a correction from an error. It is an opposition to something and nothing more. Let me site an example. "I am acting contrary to popular opinion" This means I am doing the very opposite. What Jesus said was the very opposite of what the woman in the crowd wanted people to think. She never distracted anyone, Jesus only corrected her by telling her the truth which was in opposition to her belief

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by spongebuny: 7:05pm On Aug 15, 2013
The Protestant Acceptance and Rejection of Holy Scripture Error:
This is known as Smorgasbord or Cafeteria Christianity. I have already presented several verses which are rejected or ignored by Protestants.
"I will accept this verse because it feels good (again) for me, and I will reject that verse because it does not fit in with what I believe", so they say. I have already presented many verses of Scripture that are completely ignored by Protestants. By their actions, rather than by their words, they contradict their claim to follow Scripture to the letter.

Here is just a sampling of several more verses which Protestants either reject or ignore in addition to those already mentioned:

Matthew 16:18, Jesus said He would found "A" Church. He did not say churches did He?

Matthew 18:15-18, It is the Church which is the final authority.
Why do Protestants say it is the Bible which is their final authority?
Where does the Bible say that it is the final authority?

John 10:16, And there shall be ONE fold and ONE shepherd.
Where did Jesus say there shall be 36,000+ folds as there are in Protestantism today?

Luke 1:48
"For behold, henceforth all generations will call me blessed; "
"Henceforth" means from the moment she said it. "All generations" is all of humanity from the time she said it until the end of time. The word "will" is a command and not a mere suggestion.
In all of my stack of correspondence from Protestants regarding the Mother of GOD, from many years ago to the date of this writing, not a single Protestant has ever called her blessed. I must point out a second time that this verse is not a suggestion, but a command, and it is a command from GOD. The Archangel Gabriel called her blessed in Luke 1:28. Angels speak for GOD. Elizabeth called her blessed in Luke 1:42, and those words of hers came from being filled with the Holy Spirit in the previous verse. GOD called her blessed more than once, so what possible excuse can Protestants, who claim to faithfully follow Holy Scripture to the letter, have to not call her blessed as well?
Dear Protestant; Do you call her blessed? No? Then why are disobedient to Holy Scripture?

John 6:53, So Jesus said to them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you have no life in you;"
Did He say to eat and drink a symbol of His flesh and blood? What does the "Truly, Truly, I say to you" mean to you? We have already established that truth is a person. That person is Jesus Christ. When "Truth" Himself said "truly", twice in that verse, is that indicative of being a symbolic statement, or of a reality?
Do you "truly truly" believe what "Truth" Himself said here?
Or perhaps, are you one of those in John 6:66 who refused to believe Him and walked away from Him, abandoning His truth? Did you notice the 666 connection in that verse?
It is too bad that Protestants do not see the typological connections between the Old and New Testaments. Did the Hebrews and Jews "symbolically" sacrifice animals, or did they, in fact, sacrifice real animals? Read the book of Leviticus and find out for yourself.

1Corinthians 10:16, "The cup of blessing which we bless, is it not a participation in the blood of Christ? The bread which we break, is it not a participation in the body of Christ?"
Where is the symbolism found in this verse or anywhere in the context?

1Corinthians 11:29, "...he who eats and drinks unworthily, without distinguishing the body eats and drinks judgment to himself." How could a mere symbolism be a cause of judgment?

Malachi 1:11, all day in every place there is offered sacrifice, and there is offered in my name a clean oblation. How many Protestants sects offer sacrifice at all, let alone every day?

Matthew 28:19-20 says that Jesus Christ will be with His Church every day in every century until the end of time. This theme is repeated in Ephesians 3:21 and in John 14:16. Why then do Protestants insist that the Church which Jesus Christ founded apostatized at some unspecified time after the last Apostle died? By saying this, aren't they calling Jesus Christ a liar?
"He who does not believe the Son, makes Him a liar." 1John 5:10

There are over 50 verses in the Bible in which hell is mentioned. Matthew 23:33, Mark 9:43, and Luke 10:15, are but three examples. Yet in some Protestant sects the existence of hell is denied. Imagine how much space in the Holy Bible those 50 plus verses and the related verses cover, and you can readily see that a large segment of Holy Scripture is denied by them.

1Corinthians 11:22 warns not to despise the church of GOD, "What! Do you not have houses to eat and drink in? Or do you despise the Church of GOD and humiliate those who have nothing? What shall I say to you? Shall I commend you in this? No, I will not."
Later in this essay, I will show you how some Protestant sects do indeed despise the "Church of GOD" by calumnizing it and spreading lies about it.

Here is another ignored verse along those same lines,
"Do not be a stumbling-block to Jews and Greeks and to the Church of GOD."
1Corinthians 10:32

Throughout this document, I have listed many more verses which are ignored by Protestants.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 15, 2013
In African traditions the concept of aunts and uncles didn't exist, in fact I call my aunts mummy and my uncles dad. This is for the so called brothers of Jesus. Who were his cousins and relatives
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 7:06pm On Aug 15, 2013
[b]HERESIES are those doctrines and practices which are contrary to the Bible. They are also called "human traditions" or "doctrines of men". Both Peter and Paul predicted and warned that in the later times "false teachers" would rise within the Church and bring in "damnable heresies" and "doctrines of devils". (Read II Peter 2:1-3, and I Tim. 3:2-5). Jesus rebuked the Pharisees, for they transgressed the commandments of God by keeping their traditions. "in vain," He said, "they worship me by keeping for doctrines the commandments of men" (Matt. 15:3,9).

The real heretics therefore, are the Roman Catholics and the true orthodox are the Evangelical Christians.

BRETHREN! The Word of God commands us to get out of Babylon, saying: "Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues." (Rev. 18:4). All true Christians will remain faithful to the religion of Christ as taught in the Bible, and heed the warning of the Apostle Paul, who said: "But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other Gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed." (Gal. 1:8 ).

Roman Catholicism openly admits that many of their doctrines did NOT originate from the Bible, but from the church itself. It is blasphemy to recognize the writings of the church fathers as inspired by God. For example, in 1834, the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary was proclaimed by Pope Pius IX. The Bible states that all men, with the sole exception of Christ, are sinners.

Mary herself had need of a Saviour (Romans 3:23; 5:12; Psalm 51:5; Luke 1:30,46,47). In 1439, the doctrine of Purgatory was proclaimed as a dogma of faith by Council of Florence. The Bible says that Christ instituted only two ordinances, Baptism and the Lord's Supper (Matthew 28:19-20; 26:26-28).

The Catholic heresy of the "Assumption of Mary" isn't found in the Bible or even in their own magisterium.
[/b]

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by spongebuny: 7:07pm On Aug 15, 2013
The Protestant "Once Saved Always Saved" Error:
Are you saved? This is what some Protestants will ask you. Anyone who thinks they are automatically "saved" simply by declaring that Jesus Christ is their personal Lord and Savior is grossly mistranslating Holy Scripture, and is committing a sin of presumption. It is GOD alone who knows who is "saved" and who is not. No human creature can declare themselves as being "saved". That false doctrine is a fabrication of Protestantism and cannot be found written anywhere before the Protestant revolt. Salvation is an on-going process throughout our entire lives as Holy Scripture clearly has told us. Read 1Corinthians chapter 13, as it tells us that we must have faith, hope, and charity (13). If we are automatically "saved", then what is the purpose of hope?
Sola Fides, or "saved by faith only" is taught by many Protestants. However, that false man-made Protestant doctrine cannot be found anywhere in the Bible. In fact, the only place in the entire Bible where the words "faith" and "only" are found together is in James 2:24, where it says,
"You see that by works a man is justified, and NOT by faith only."
That verse was a thorn in Martin Luther's side. He called the book of James a "straw epistle", which meant it was worthy of burning, and he wanted to remove it from Scripture. It must have been an embarrassment to him since he had added the word "alone" to Romans 3:28, in his German translation of the Bible, in order to have it support his false "justified by faith alone" doctrine. James 2:24 is still ignored or rejected altogether by many Protestants.

"You are my friends if you do what I command you." John 15:14
"...work out your salvation with fear and trembling." Philippians 2:12
For those who think they are "saved" by faith only, how could they ever ignore those verses?
Both say very clearly that works are needed, and without works you are no friend of Jesus.
They also ignore a large part of Matthew 25 regarding the Last Judgment. Read vs 31-46 very carefully, as Jesus spoke of judging two groups, the sheep and the goats.
Notice that both groups believed, but only one group worked, and they were the sheep, and it was the sheep who were to be saved.
Be sure and do not overlook verses 41-46, as you will find therein where the goats were going to spend their eternity since they also believed, but did no work?
The goats believed, but were they saved by believing only, and without works?
Those who practice "once saved always saved" would have us believe that they were.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 7:08pm On Aug 15, 2013
[size=15pt][b]The Catholic Church is Cursed![/size]

Galatians 1:9, “As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.”

Acts 10:43 simply states, “To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.” This is the simple Gospel, i.e., Good News of Christ crucified and risen. The Bible declares that all men are guilty sinners, guilty of breaking God's Laws (Romans 3:19-23), and that there is a penalty for those sins, which is death (Romans 6:23). But thanks be to God, in His wondrous love, God sent His only begotten Son into the world to pay for our sins. Jesus paid a debt that He did not owe, because we owed a debt we could not pay. The Gospel is simply that we are sinners in need of a Savior, Who is Christ Jesus, the God-man, the Son of God.

Now the Catholic religion comes along and says something entirely different. The Vatican teaches that it's not enough to simply trust upon the Lord for salvation. They also require their followers to join the Catholic Church. Then the Vatican requires it's members to be water baptized and partake of holy mass and perform a total of seven sacraments in order to be saved. These sacraments are not optional in Catholicism; but are mandatory for salvation within their religion. Catholics are also required to do good works, help the unfortunate, recite the Rosary and live a good life to get to Heaven. If a Catholic sins, they are required to confess their sins to a Catholic priest in a confessional booth to absolve any mortal sins, to avoid going to Hell. Catholics believe that a person who commits suicide automatically goes to Hell because they can't ask the priest to forgive them. How absurd! Ladies and gentleman, that is all a false gospel which the Catholic Church teaches.

In fact, it is no church at all. There is only one true church and its the New Testament church which Jesus started, which is composed of only born-again believers. The true church is not found in a building made with hands; but in the heart of every born-again believer. Jesus said, “Ye must be born again” (John 3:7).

In Galatians 1:9 the Apostle Paul, writing under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, plainly states that anyone who teaches a gospel different than the one taught in the Scriptures is CURSED! This means every Catholic priest is CURSED! The Pope is CURSED! Those who teach Mormonism, Buddhism, Baha'i Faith, Scientology, Seventh-Day Adventism, Jehovah's Witnesses, Judaism, Hinduism and Islam are CURSED! All of these religions teach a false gospel, a false plan of salvation. Jesus proclaimed that the only way to God the Father is through Himself, i.e., through the Lamb of God Who shed His blood to pay for our sins and redeem us back to God (John 14:6). Amen!

The popular public opinion today is that no one has a right to criticize someone else's beliefs. Whatever happened to free speech? I have every right to criticize your beliefs, and you mine. Now I don't have a right to be mean or unkind to you, but you're going to accuse me of that anyway because I'm criticizing your beliefs. This is the nature of a free-speech society. People get upset. It is not unkind to criticize someone's beliefs or opinions. Only in a truly free society is it safe to be unpopular.

So I say to you, the Catholic Church is demonic, of the Devil and straight-out-of-the-pits-of-Hell. Luke 11:44,52, “Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are as graves which appear not, and the men that walk over them are not aware of them... for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.” Jesus ripped and scathed the religious hypocrites of His time, whom we still have with us today in larger numbers. Jesus said they are like open graves, traps, waiting for their next victim. The Lord accused them of corrupting the gospel to prevent people from getting saved. The gospel of the Catholic Church is a perverted gospel of death, a trap door leading into Hell, a cursed teaching.

Oh, listen my friend, if religion could save you and me, then Jesus wouldn't have had to bleed and die for our sins. Religion wants to fit us with glasses; but Jesus wants to open our eyes. You don't need the Catholic Church to go to Heaven, you just need Jesus. You don't need ANY religion or church to get to Heaven, you just need Jesus. You don't need good works to get to Heaven, you just need Jesus. You don't need water baptism to get to Heaven, you just need Jesus. You don't need to stop living in sin to go to Heaven, you just need Jesus. When Jesus saves you, then He'll do a work in your heart that'll cause you to want to stop living in sin; but all you need to be saved is Jesus. You don't need to keep the seven sacraments to get to Heaven, you just need Jesus. You don't have to confess your sins to a priest to be forgiven, you just need Jesus. JESUS! JESUS! JESUS![/b]

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 7:09pm On Aug 15, 2013
[b]In the Catholic Catechism (part 3) you'll read the following words of blasphemy...

2132 The Christian veneration of images is not contrary to the first commandment which proscribes idols. Indeed, "the honor rendered to an image passes to its prototype," and "whoever venerates an image venerates the person portrayed in it."[70] The honor paid to sacred images is a "respectful veneration," not the adoration due to God alone:

That is what Catholic men teach; but it's not what God says, “THOU SHALT NOT BOW DOWN THYSELF TO THEM.”

First of all, not bowing to a graven image is the 2nd command, not the first. The evil men who wrote the preceding Catholic Catechism deceitfully split the 10th commandment into two to make up for the missing 2nd commandment. Why are there two commandments telling us not to covet? It seems mighty strange don't you think? It's obvious what the Devil has done here. You can't just eliminate the 2nd Commandment!

Secondly, the quoted passage I have given you from the Catholic Catechism is blasphemy. God clearly warns us in Exodus 20:4-5 NOT to make unto ourselves ANY graven images.

Catholics attempt to justify their idolatry by comparing what they do to the brazen serpent in the Wilderness in Moses' time. The children of Israel had murmured (complained) so much that God decided to judge them with fiery serpents. 16,000 Israelites had already died and Moses pleaded with the Lord to spare Israel. God told Moses to fabricate a serpent made of brass, to hold it up before the Jews, and tell them to look unto the serpent to live. That serpent symbolized Jesus Christ, Who became as sin to save us.

This is why we read in John 3:14-15, "And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life." Carefully notice that the brazen serpent was God's idea, not Moses. God never told us ANYWHERE in the Word of God to make a statue of anyone nor anything. The Israelites were instructed to “look” to the serpent (which pictured Christ) so they could live. The people were NOT instructed to bow, honor, nor pray to the brazen serpent (statue).

It is sinful for Catholics to attempt to justify their idolatry by taking the incident of the brazen serpent out of context. The entire focus of the brazen serpent is to LOOK TO JESUS TO LIVE. Isaiah 45:22, " Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else." It is a sin to look to Mary.

The Catholics can devilishly call their idolatry "Respectful Veneration" if they want to, but it's a direct violation of the 2nd Commandment (which they don't have in Catholicism). Anything can be justified if one is willing to twist the truth far enough. The FACT of the matter is that neither Jesus, nor any of the Apostles, elevated Mary in any capacity. Yet Catholics have created a monstrosity of adoration toward Mary, refusing to obey the Scriptures. Jesus Christ is magnified in the Word of God, not Mary. A standard Rosary contains 53 Hail Marys. It is sinful idolatry[/b]

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by spongebuny: 7:11pm On Aug 15, 2013
naijadeyhia: [b]"Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats..." (1st Timothy 4:1-3). It's not difficult at all to EXPOSE the demonic Catholic faith if a person is simply willing to believe the Bible over Catholic tradition--but that's the BIG PROBLEM ... Jesus said in Matthew 15:9, "But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men." The Bible teaches that Peter had a wife (Matthew 8:14). Yet, Catholic priests are wrongfully denied the God-given privilege to marry. The results have been tragic.

It's almost impossible to convince a Catholic that all of their priests, archbishops, cardinals, and even the Popes are heretics. I can tell you with great certain my friend--they are all LIARS! How can I be so bold as to say such a thing? It's simply because I have in my hand the eternal, inspired, inerrant, infallible, preserved, Words of God. Most Catholics DON'T genuinely believe the Bible. Rather, they have sold their souls to a bunch of religious charlatans (priests) who commit blasphemy by claiming to have the power to forgive your sins.

Even the self-righteous hypocritical Pharisees knew better than to be so arrogant as to claim the power to forgive someone's sin ... "And the scribes and the Pharisees began to reason, saying ... Who can forgive sins, but God alone?" Woe unto the Catholic Church, for it is a prisonhouse of religion. Romans 10:3,4 proclaims, "For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God. For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth."[/b]

The Historical Black Hole Error:
Sir Isaac Newton was once asked how he managed to amass such great knowledge of his field in his lifetime. He replied, "Because I stood on the shoulders of giants".
Gaining knowledge in any field, including Theology is a continuous process (John 16:13), where one lays the foundation and others build upon it therein (1Corinthians 3:10). Mistakes are made along the way but conscientious followers profit from those mistakes and knowledge increases. Protestantism however, being severely handicapped by the ball and chain of Sola Scriptura, makes no use of those "giants" who went before them for the first fifteen hundred years of Christianity. Theological progress and past mistakes and errors are ignored as if they did not even exist.
Protestants are saddled with an historical fifteen hundred year Black Hole.
So what is the end result?
The errors of the past are repeated and progress in truth is hindered and stifled.
To be successful in any endeavor, historical successes and historical failures and errors are not to be ignored, for that is how knowledge progresses.
Those who fail to profit from the errors of others who went before them are doomed to repeat those same errors again, and in so doing take steps backward instead of forward.
Those who fail to profit from historical successes are doomed to re-invent the wheel again and again.

"All things are full of weariness; a man cannot utter it; the eye is not satisfied with seeing, nor the ear filled with hearing. What has been is what will be, and what has been done is what will be done; and there is nothing new under the sun. Is there a thing of which it is said, "See, this is new"? It has been already, in the ages before us. There is no remembrance of former things, nor will there be any remembrance of later things yet to happen among those who come after."
Ecclesiastes 1:8-11

Protestants are afraid to read authentic historical documents written before their revolt in the 16th century, because they fear what they may find written therein.
One of the most famous converts to the Catholic Church from Protestantism, Cardinal John Henry Newman, wrote in his introduction to his "Development of Doctrine" treatise,
"To be deep in history is to cease to be Protestant". Newman set out to "prove" from historical documents that Anglicanism was the "true" church, the Church which Jesus Christ founded. What he found by extensive researching of genuine historical documents was that it was not the Anglican church which Jesus Christ founded, but the Catholic Church. From the overwhelming evidence which he found, he immediately converted to the "true Church", the Catholic Church.

What happened to the Christian Church after Acts 28:30? Aren't you the least bit interested? Did historical progress of the Christian Church end abruptly there and then? Absolutely not!
Show me a period in Church history where the events of the time were not recorded by historians and scribes?

I challenge all Protestants to read what has been recorded regarding the history of Christianity, and to start with genuine historical writings beginning in the first and second centuries. These are available for free on the Internet.

Aren't you the least bit interested in your Christian heritage, the struggles and martyrdoms of your Christian ancestors who led us to where we are today? If you call yourself a Christian, you certainly should be. Put yourself in John 16:12-13 and note that the verses use future tense, which means coming revealed truths by the Holy Spirit. It is the development of Scriptural doctrine over many centuries. These century by century incremental steps are recorded in many authentic historical documents and are available for all to see. Read for yourself the progress of knowledge of the original primitive Christian Church down through the centuries.
I must add that if you refuse to read the history of Christianity, then you must have a closed mind.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by spongebuny: 7:14pm On Aug 15, 2013
naijadeyhia: [b]In the Catholic Catechism (part 3) you'll read the following words of blasphemy...

2132 The Christian veneration of images is not contrary to the first commandment which proscribes idols. Indeed, "the honor rendered to an image passes to its prototype," and "whoever venerates an image venerates the person portrayed in it."[70] The honor paid to sacred images is a "respectful veneration," not the adoration due to God alone:

That is what Catholic men teach; but it's not what God says, “THOU SHALT NOT BOW DOWN THYSELF TO THEM.”

First of all, not bowing to a graven image is the 2nd command, not the first. The evil men who wrote the preceding Catholic Catechism deceitfully split the 10th commandment into two to make up for the missing 2nd commandment. Why are there two commandments telling us not to covet? It seems mighty strange don't you think? It's obvious what the Devil has done here. You can't just eliminate the 2nd Commandment!

Secondly, the quoted passage I have given you from the Catholic Catechism is blasphemy. God clearly warns us in Exodus 20:4-5 NOT to make unto ourselves ANY graven images.

Catholics attempt to justify their idolatry by comparing what they do to the brazen serpent in the Wilderness in Moses' time. The children of Israel had murmured (complained) so much that God decided to judge them with fiery serpents. 16,000 Israelites had already died and Moses pleaded with the Lord to spare Israel. God told Moses to fabricate a serpent made of brass, to hold it up before the Jews, and tell them to look unto the serpent to live. That serpent symbolized Jesus Christ, Who became as sin to save us.

This is why we read in John 3:14-15, "And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life." Carefully notice that the brazen serpent was God's idea, not Moses. God never told us ANYWHERE in the Word of God to make a statue of anyone nor anything. The Israelites were instructed to “look” to the serpent (which pictured Christ) so they could live. The people were NOT instructed to bow, honor, nor pray to the brazen serpent (statue).

It is sinful for Catholics to attempt to justify their idolatry by taking the incident of the brazen serpent out of context. The entire focus of the brazen serpent is to LOOK TO JESUS TO LIVE. Isaiah 45:22, " Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else." It is a sin to look to Mary.

The Catholics can devilishly call their idolatry "Respectful Veneration" if they want to, but it's a direct violation of the 2nd Commandment (which they don't have in Catholicism). Anything can be justified if one is willing to twist the truth far enough. The FACT of the matter is that neither Jesus, nor any of the Apostles, elevated Mary in any capacity. Yet Catholics have created a monstrosity of adoration toward Mary, refusing to obey the Scriptures. Jesus Christ is magnified in the Word of God, not Mary. A standard Rosary contains 53 Hail Marys. It is sinful idolatry[/b]

The Protestant Failure to go to the Source Error, Keeps Them in Error:
When discussing the teachings of the Catholic Church, Protestants will invariably espouse what they have heard from other Protestants, while at the same time failing to go to the source of Catholic teaching, the Catholic Church itself, in order to find the truth of what it really teaches.
If you were going to buy a Ford, would you go to a Chevrolet dealer to ask his advice about the Ford? What would he tell you? No, an intelligent person would go to the source, the Ford dealer.
Why then, do Protestants not go to the Catholic Church to find the truth of Catholic teaching?
Ignorance of the Catholic Church is ignorance of Christ, since the Catholic Church is His body.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by spongebuny: 7:17pm On Aug 15, 2013
naijadeyhia: [size=15pt][b]The Catholic Church is Cursed![/size]

Galatians 1:9, “As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.”

Acts 10:43 simply states, “To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.” This is the simple Gospel, i.e., Good News of Christ crucified and risen. The Bible declares that all men are guilty sinners, guilty of breaking God's Laws (Romans 3:19-23), and that there is a penalty for those sins, which is death (Romans 6:23). But thanks be to God, in His wondrous love, God sent His only begotten Son into the world to pay for our sins. Jesus paid a debt that He did not owe, because we owed a debt we could not pay. The Gospel is simply that we are sinners in need of a Savior, Who is Christ Jesus, the God-man, the Son of God.

Now the Catholic religion comes along and says something entirely different. The Vatican teaches that it's not enough to simply trust upon the Lord for salvation. They also require their followers to join the Catholic Church. Then the Vatican requires it's members to be water baptized and partake of holy mass and perform a total of seven sacraments in order to be saved. These sacraments are not optional in Catholicism; but are mandatory for salvation within their religion. Catholics are also required to do good works, help the unfortunate, recite the Rosary and live a good life to get to Heaven. If a Catholic sins, they are required to confess their sins to a Catholic priest in a confessional booth to absolve any mortal sins, to avoid going to Hell. Catholics believe that a person who commits suicide automatically goes to Hell because they can't ask the priest to forgive them. How absurd! Ladies and gentleman, that is all a false gospel which the Catholic Church teaches.

In fact, it is no church at all. There is only one true church and its the New Testament church which Jesus started, which is composed of only born-again believers. The true church is not found in a building made with hands; but in the heart of every born-again believer. Jesus said, “Ye must be born again” (John 3:7).

In Galatians 1:9 the Apostle Paul, writing under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, plainly states that anyone who teaches a gospel different than the one taught in the Scriptures is CURSED! This means every Catholic priest is CURSED! The Pope is CURSED! Those who teach Mormonism, Buddhism, Baha'i Faith, Scientology, Seventh-Day Adventism, Jehovah's Witnesses, Judaism, Hinduism and Islam are CURSED! All of these religions teach a false gospel, a false plan of salvation. Jesus proclaimed that the only way to God the Father is through Himself, i.e., through the Lamb of God Who shed His blood to pay for our sins and redeem us back to God (John 14:6). Amen!

The popular public opinion today is that no one has a right to criticize someone else's beliefs. Whatever happened to free speech? I have every right to criticize your beliefs, and you mine. Now I don't have a right to be mean or unkind to you, but you're going to accuse me of that anyway because I'm criticizing your beliefs. This is the nature of a free-speech society. People get upset. It is not unkind to criticize someone's beliefs or opinions. Only in a truly free society is it safe to be unpopular.

So I say to you, the Catholic Church is demonic, of the Devil and straight-out-of-the-pits-of-Hell. Luke 11:44,52, “Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are as graves which appear not, and the men that walk over them are not aware of them... for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.” Jesus ripped and scathed the religious hypocrites of His time, whom we still have with us today in larger numbers. Jesus said they are like open graves, traps, waiting for their next victim. The Lord accused them of corrupting the gospel to prevent people from getting saved. The gospel of the Catholic Church is a perverted gospel of death, a trap door leading into Hell, a cursed teaching.

Oh, listen my friend, if religion could save you and me, then Jesus wouldn't have had to bleed and die for our sins. Religion wants to fit us with glasses; but Jesus wants to open our eyes. You don't need the Catholic Church to go to Heaven, you just need Jesus. You don't need ANY religion or church to get to Heaven, you just need Jesus. You don't need good works to get to Heaven, you just need Jesus. You don't need water baptism to get to Heaven, you just need Jesus. You don't need to stop living in sin to go to Heaven, you just need Jesus. When Jesus saves you, then He'll do a work in your heart that'll cause you to want to stop living in sin; but all you need to be saved is Jesus. You don't need to keep the seven sacraments to get to Heaven, you just need Jesus. You don't have to confess your sins to a priest to be forgiven, you just need Jesus. JESUS! JESUS! JESUS![/b]

The Protestant Shopping for a Church Error:
We must search for the one Church which has objective truth, not one conforming to our individual subjective truth. We must conform to the will of GOD and not to our own personal beliefs and opinions.
That person fell right into that "If it feels good for me, it must be okay" mentality.
Protestants choose churches for all of the wrong reasons and here are some of them.
1. This one has better child care while I attend the services.
Yes but Jesus requested that the little children to come to Him, Matthew 19:13-15.
How can they when they are kept away from the services?
2. I like the singing in this one better. Yes but you cannot sing your way into heaven.
3. Mine has a better Sunday school. Yes but only if they teach the truth.
4. I like the preacher in mine. Yes but there are many likable preachers all over the place.
5. I enjoy the fellowship. Yes but GODship comes before fellowship.
6. I feel more comfortable with their beliefs because they fit better with my beliefs.
Need I say more?
7. The distasteful things like the existence of hell and other subjects are not mentioned.
Sometimes the truth hurts, but regardless of that, truth cannot be suppressed, Romans 1:18.
8. It is not authoritarian, and rigidly structured.
Yes but the absence of authority breeds chaos, as we have already seen in Protestantism.
9. Believe it or not, I have heard, "I like mine because it has a parking lot which is easier to exit".
How is that for an excuse?
10. Then there is the error of the heresy of indifferentism, a false belief that all religions are of equal validity. Therefore, it does not matter to which one I shall go, so I will pick the nearest one.

The only valid reason to search for a Church is to find the true and only Church, the one which the Lord GOD, Jesus Christ founded. We must not labor in vain in those churches which were not founded by GOD, but were founded by mere men or women, as Psalms 127:1 so clearly cautions.

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 7:17pm On Aug 15, 2013
spongebuny:

The Protestant Failure to go to the Source Error, Keeps Them in Error:
When discussing the teachings of the Catholic Church, Protestants will invariably espouse what they have heard from other Protestants, while at the same time failing to go to the source of Catholic teaching, the Catholic Church itself, in order to find the truth of what it really teaches.
If you were going to buy a Ford, would you go to a Chevrolet dealer to ask his advice about the Ford? What would he tell you? No, an intelligent person would go to the source, the Ford dealer.
Why then, do Protestants not go to the Catholic Church to find the truth of Catholic teaching?
Ignorance of the Catholic Church is ignorance of Christ, since the Catholic Church is His body.

Hahaha hehehe read your own mediocre copy and paste material. If i need to know more about God i will go to God i will go to His Holy Spirit and not to some church simply because even the church draws inspiration from the Spirit of God. Catholic teachings indeed. Thank God you call it catholic teachings and not Gods teachings. Hold fast to your catholic teachings and i will do same to mine. The fire of God will try all and then we shall see.

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 7:18pm On Aug 15, 2013
naijadeyhia:

On the Contrary simply is a correction from an error. It is an opposition to something and nothing more. Let me site an example. "I am acting contrary to popular opinion" This means I am doing the very opposite. What Jesus said was the very opposite of what the woman in the crowd wanted people to think. She never distracted anyone, Jesus only corrected her by telling her the truth which was in opposition to her belief
My dear, we are still saying the same thing...
Ok, tell me, how come about that exclamation from the woman? Did she just see Jesus and exclaimed that?

Luke 11:28
''But Jesus answered, ''RATHER, how happy are those who hear the word of God and obey it (Goodnews bible version).

Dictionary meaning of ''contrary and rather''
CONTRARY.....
1. OpPOSITE IN NATURE, DIRECTION, OR MEANING
2. (OF 2 STATEMENTS, BELEIFS, ETC) OPPOSED TO ONE ANOTHER.

RATHER...
1. Indicating one's preference in a particular matter.
2. To a certain or significant extent or degree
3. On the contrary
4. More precisely
5. Instead of; as oppossed to.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 7:18pm On Aug 15, 2013
So now u have your own version of the 10 commandments? Pathetic. May u rot in hell .I hope u know misleading people or preaching falsehoods is a sin, carry on
naijadeyhia: [b]In the Catholic Catechism (part 3) you'll read the following words of blasphemy...

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by spongebuny: 7:22pm On Aug 15, 2013
naijadeyhia:

Hahaha hehehe read your own mediocre copy and paste material. If i need to know more about God i will go to God i will go to His Holy Spirit and not to some church simply because even the church draws inspiration from the Spirit of God. Catholic teachings indeed. Thank God you call it catholic teachings and not Gods teachings. Hold fast to your catholic teachings and i will do same to mine. The fire of God will try all and then we shall see.

thank you so much, so as u say we should hold fast to our faith, i advise that u should quit quoting any catholic on this page..stay on ur own lets practice our faith, for as long as you discredit, u will be corrected!!!
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 7:24pm On Aug 15, 2013
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 7:25pm On Aug 15, 2013
Maria-Goretti:

My dear, we are still saying the same thing...
Ok, tell me, how come about that exclamation from the woman? Did she just see Jesus and exclaimed that?

Luke 11:28
''But Jesus answered, ''RATHER, how happy are those who hear the word of God and obey it (Goodnews bible version).

Dictionary meaning of ''contrary and rather''
CONTRARY.....
1. OpPOSITE IN NATURE, DIRECTION, OR MEANING
2. (OF 2 STATEMENTS, BELEIFS, ETC) OPPOSED TO ONE ANOTHER.

RATHER...
1. Indicating one's preference in a particular matter.
2. To a certain or significant extent or degree
3. On the contrary
4. More precisely
5. Instead of; as oppossed to.

Read your own response again and this time do it slowly. The answer is right there for you to see. Let me pick out some words for you that respresent "ön the contrary"

1. Opposite in nature, direction or meaning.
2. Opposed to one another
3. instead of

What was christ opposed to? what would he prefer we say or do instead of....?

The woman praised maryy for bringing forth christ and suckling him and christ was opposed to that declaration and said something else instead of what she said as a correction.

My dear there are only 2 things in this world, wrong or right and both of them are in direct opposition to one another. You can only use right to correct or oppose wrong and this is what Christ did.

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 7:25pm On Aug 15, 2013
naijadeyhia:

God is Catholic, maybe that's why u hate and envy us so much . Our teachings come straight from God.deal with it
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by spongebuny: 7:29pm On Aug 15, 2013
The Error of the Protestant Lie:
"But as for the cowardly and unbelieving, and abominable and murderers, and fornicators and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, their portion shall be in the pool that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death." Revelation 21:8, ignored by all liars. See Rev 21:27 also.

It is a foregone conclusion that Jesus Christ founded only one Church.

1) Why then, do Protestants ignore this fact and continue to splinter the Body of Christ?

2) There is no Protestant who can trace his or her church back any farther than the Protestant revolt of the early 16th century.
Where is the verse which authorized them to break from the true Church in the first place?

3) No Protestant can show that their church was founded by Jesus Christ, yet Scripture says there is only one Church, the one founded by GOD (Psalms 127:1, Matthew 16:18).

4) They deny that the Catholic Church is the Church which Jesus Christ founded, yet they cannot name the Church which He did found in its stead. Isn't it strange that Scripture has said that GOD's Church will last forever (Isaiah 2:2,59:21, Matthew 28:20, Ephesians 3:21), and yet Protestants refuse to name it? If Scripture can be believed at all, why then do they refuse to name GOD's one and only Church?

5) They cannot name the person who founded the Catholic Church while at the same time they deny that it was Jesus Christ. That is strange also, since every Church on earth was founded by a person with a name. Every single one of the tens of thousands of Protestant sects can be traced back to a human person with a name, as its founder. Why is it that Protestants refuse to name the founder of the Catholic Church?
Isn't that the epitome of arrogance as I touched upon in a previous segment?

6) Why do Protestants spread the lie that the Catholic Church apostatized soon after the last Apostle died, and therefore the Church of today is not the one that Jesus Christ founded?
This lie flies in the face of Matthew 16:18, as Protestants must then have to admit that the 'gates of hell' did indeed prevail, that the Bible was in error, and that all of the verses I have previously listed that promise the perpetuality of Christ's Church must be in error as well. This so-called "great apostasy" lie is then magnified a hundredfold since no Protestant can produce genuine historical documents which record such a "monumental, universe shaking event". Every writer who was alive at the time had to have witnessed that supposed "profound event", and those who have lived ever since (up until the time that the lie was invented by Protestantism), did not write about it either. What with the "greatest event since the crucifixion" at hand, why didn't they? It is because it never happened, that's why. Simply put, "No lie is of the truth", 1John 2:21, so therefore no lie can be proven.
Scripture does say that people within Christ's Church will apostatize, but not the Church itself. For you see, it is impossible, since Christ is the Head, and the Church is His Body.
How could the Body of Christ rebel against, and leave His Head? They are inseparable forever.

"Wives, be subject to your husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior." Ephesians 5:22-23
Okay Protestants, explain those verses? Is Christ really the Savior of His Body, or did He desert it as Protestantism would have us believe? Is Holy Scripture in error yet again according to Protestant false charges?
Are we to believe the Protestant lie, or the truth of the Word of GOD?
Do you recall the story of the wheat and the chaff, where the weeds will co-exist with the righteous up until the very end, and then they will be separated out and burned (Matthew 13:24-30)?

"For, in the first place, when you assemble as a church, I hear that there are divisions among you; and I partly believe it, for there must be factions among you in order that those who are genuine among you may be recognized." 1Corinthians 11:18-19.
From those two verses we have a perfect example of the apostasy of individuals within the Church, those who cause divisions and factions. Now from what I have shown in many places in this writing, just who is the cause of divisions and factions? It is none other than Protestantism. Protestantism has already created over 36,000 divisions and factions, and which number is still increasing unceasingly every week to this very day.
Who are the 'genuine among you'?
They are the faithful of the one and only Church that Jesus Christ founded and which is still with us after almost 2000 years of persecution. Read Acts 5:38-39 for the reason why this longevity.
For those who continue to spread the lie of the so-called, and non-existent, "great apostasy", please re-read Revelation 21:8, and endeavor to explain Ephesians 5:23-24?

7) How many verses have I shown in this writing that Protestants ignore? Isn't it a lie to say that you follow Scripture literally to the word, and yet ignore so many Scriptural verses?

cool Why do Protestants take the whole Bible literally except for John chapter 6, which they call symbolic? One chapter in the whole Bible is symbolic? How can that be true?

9) How can Protestants say that Sola Scriptura has been in use from day one, when for over 1400 years almost no one had a Bible, and even if they did, the great majority of the masses were illiterate anyhow?

10) Since Protestants believe that "all Scripture is inspired (2Tim 3:16)", then why aren't the gospels of Peter, Philip, Nicodemus, Bartholomew, Andrew, Thomas, etc, in their Bible?

11) Where in Holy Scripture did Jesus give instructions that the Christian faith is to be solely based on a book? How about the same question except for using the Apostles instead of Jesus?

12) Why do Protestants say it is the Bible which is the pillar and foundation of truth when the Bible clearly says it is the Church (1Tim 3:15)? Please give me the name of that Church?

13) Why do Protestants reject Apostolic Tradition when the Bible clearly says, "So then, brethren, stand firm and hold the teachings that you have learned, whether by word or by letter of ours."
2Thessalonians 2:15, yet another verse ignored, and taught against by Protestantism.

14) Why do Protestants deny that the Bible came from the Catholic Church when they cannot name a truthful and provable alternate source, and where there are literally hundreds of genuine historical documents which prove them to be wrong in their denial?

15) Protestants deny that Peter was given primacy in Matthew 16:18. Nothing in Scripture is done without a purpose. For what purpose then, did Jesus change Simon's name to Peter?

16) Why do Protestants deny that the Papacy is Scriptural, when in fact, it is very Scriptural?

17) Why is it that Protestants can never supply genuine historical documents to "prove" their false charges? Is it because the lie can never be proven, but the truth can be?
It is simple, if you have no truth, then you have no proof.
Catholics can, and do, supply genuine historical documents to prove what they teach.
Why then do Protestants refuse to read them? Romans 1:18, 2:8

18) Why do Protestants deny the unbroken line of succession of Popes down through the centuries from St. Peter to the present Pope, when the Catholic Church has given free access for anyone to research genuine historical documents to prove it to be true, but Protestants refuse to read them? Anyone can go to a secular encyclopedia and see the same succession of Popes.

19) Why do Protestants deny that the Catholic Church has existed from the first century, when hundreds of genuine historical documents, written by scores of Holy men and women, are freely available to prove them wrong in their denial? However, Protestants simply refuse to read them. As explained earlier, Protestants teach that history ended with Acts 28:30 and did not begin again until Luther came along.

"But there is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, and nothing hidden that will not be made known."
Luke 12:2

"Just as the weeds are gathered and burned with fire, so will it be at the close of the age. The Son of man will send his angels, and they will gather out of his kingdom all causes of sin and all evildoers (includes those who lie and reject the truth), and throw them into the furnace of fire; there men will weep and gnash their teeth. Then the righteous (those who follow the teaching of Christ through His one Church) will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear." Matthew 13:40-43

"Do all things without grumbling or questioning, that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation,
among whom youshineaslightsintheworld."
Philippians 2:14-15

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 7:29pm On Aug 15, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: God is Catholic, maybe that's why u hate and envy us so much . Our teachings come straight from God.deal with it

Including collecting and praying to dead bones?

www.nairaland.com/1389121/catholism-focus-relics
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 7:35pm On Aug 15, 2013
Jesus Christ....

You guys should please stop this arguement. It is leading nowhere. I beg you before someone incures the wrath of God.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 7:35pm On Aug 15, 2013
I love this .
spongebuny: The Error of the Protestant Lie:
"But as for the cowardly and unbelieving, and abominable and murderers, and fornicators and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, their portion shall be in the pool that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death." Revelation 21:8, ignored by all liars. See Rev 21:27 also.

It is a foregone conclusion that Jesus Christ founded only one Church.

1) Why then, do Protestants ignore this fact and continue to splinter the Body of Christ?

2) There is no Protestant who can trace his or her church back any farther than the Protestant revolt of the early 16th century.
Where is the verse which authorized them to break from the true Church in the first place?

3) No Protestant can show that their church was founded by Jesus Christ, yet Scripture says there is only one Church, the one founded by GOD (Psalms 127:1, Matthew 16:18).

4) They deny that the Catholic Church is the Church which Jesus Christ founded, yet they cannot name the Church which He did found in its stead. Isn't it strange that Scripture has said that GOD's Church will last forever (Isaiah 2:2,59:21, Matthew 28:20, Ephesians 3:21), and yet Protestants refuse to name it? If Scripture can be believed at all, why then do they refuse to name GOD's one and only Church?

5) They cannot name the person who founded the Catholic Church while at the same time they deny that it was Jesus Christ. That is strange also, since every Church on earth was founded by a person with a name. Every single one of the tens of thousands of Protestant sects can be traced back to a human person with a name, as its founder. Why is it that Protestants refuse to name the founder of the Catholic Church?
Isn't that the epitome of arrogance as I touched upon in a previous segment?

6) Why do Protestants spread the lie that the Catholic Church apostatized soon after the last Apostle died, and therefore the Church of today is not the one that Jesus Christ founded?
This lie flies in the face of Matthew 16:18, as Protestants must then have to admit that the 'gates of hell' did indeed prevail, that the Bible was in error, and that all of the verses I have previously listed that promise the perpetuality of Christ's Church must be in error as well. This so-called "great apostasy" lie is then magnified a hundredfold since no Protestant can produce genuine historical documents which record such a "monumental, universe shaking event". Every writer who was alive at the time had to have witnessed that supposed "profound event", and those who have lived ever since (up until the time that the lie was invented by Protestantism), did not write about it either. What with the "greatest event since the crucifixion" at hand, why didn't they? It is because it never happened, that's why. Simply put, "No lie is of the truth", 1John 2:21, so therefore no lie can be proven.
Scripture does say that people within Christ's Church will apostatize, but not the Church itself. For you see, it is impossible, since Christ is the Head, and the Church is His Body.
How could the Body of Christ rebel against, and leave His Head? They are inseparable forever.

"Wives, be subject to your husbands, as to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, and is himself its Savior." Ephesians 5:22-23
Okay Protestants, explain those verses? Is Christ really the Savior of His Body, or did He desert it as Protestantism would have us believe? Is Holy Scripture in error yet again according to Protestant false charges?
Are we to believe the Protestant lie, or the truth of the Word of GOD?
Do you recall the story of the wheat and the chaff, where the weeds will co-exist with the righteous up until the very end, and then they will be separated out and burned (Matthew 13:24-30)?

"For, in the first place, when you assemble as a church, I hear that there are divisions among you; and I partly believe it, for there must be factions among you in order that those who are genuine among you may be recognized." 1Corinthians 11:18-19.
From those two verses we have a perfect example of the apostasy of individuals within the Church, those who cause divisions and factions. Now from what I have shown in many places in this writing, just who is the cause of divisions and factions? It is none other than Protestantism. Protestantism has already created over 36,000 divisions and factions, and which number is still increasing unceasingly every week to this very day.
Who are the 'genuine among you'?
They are the faithful of the one and only Church that Jesus Christ founded and which is still with us after almost 2000 years of persecution. Read Acts 5:38-39 for the reason why this longevity.
For those who continue to spread the lie of the so-called, and non-existent, "great apostasy", please re-read Revelation 21:8, and endeavor to explain Ephesians 5:23-24?

7) How many verses have I shown in this writing that Protestants ignore? Isn't it a lie to say that you follow Scripture literally to the word, and yet ignore so many Scriptural verses?

cool Why do Protestants take the whole Bible literally except for John chapter 6, which they call symbolic? One chapter in the whole Bible is symbolic? How can that be true?

9) How can Protestants say that Sola Scriptura has been in use from day one, when for over 1400 years almost no one had a Bible, and even if they did, the great majority of the masses were illiterate anyhow?

10) Since Protestants believe that "all Scripture is inspired (2Tim 3:16)", then why aren't the gospels of Peter, Philip, Nicodemus, Bartholomew, Andrew, Thomas, etc, in their Bible?

11) Where in Holy Scripture did Jesus give instructions that the Christian faith is to be solely based on a book? How about the same question except for using the Apostles instead of Jesus?

12) Why do Protestants say it is the Bible which is the pillar and foundation of truth when the Bible clearly says it is the Church (1Tim 3:15)? Please give me the name of that Church?

13) Why do Protestants reject Apostolic Tradition when the Bible clearly says, "So then, brethren, stand firm and hold the teachings that you have learned, whether by word or by letter of ours."
2Thessalonians 2:15, yet another verse ignored, and taught against by Protestantism.

14) Why do Protestants deny that the Bible came from the Catholic Church when they cannot name a truthful and provable alternate source, and where there are literally hundreds of genuine historical documents which prove them to be wrong in their denial?

15) Protestants deny that Peter was given primacy in Matthew 16:18. Nothing in Scripture is done without a purpose. For what purpose then, did Jesus change Simon's name to Peter?

16) Why do Protestants deny that the Papacy is Scriptural, when in fact, it is very Scriptural?

17) Why is it that Protestants can never supply genuine historical documents to "prove" their false charges? Is it because the lie can never be proven, but the truth can be?
It is simple, if you have no truth, then you have no proof.
Catholics can, and do, supply genuine historical documents to prove what they teach.
Why then do Protestants refuse to read them? Romans 1:18, 2:8

18) Why do Protestants deny the unbroken line of succession of Popes down through the centuries from St. Peter to the present Pope, when the Catholic Church has given free access for anyone to research genuine historical documents to prove it to be true, but Protestants refuse to read them? Anyone can go to a secular encyclopedia and see the same succession of Popes.

19) Why do Protestants deny that the Catholic Church has existed from the first century, when hundreds of genuine historical documents, written by scores of Holy men and women, are freely available to prove them wrong in their denial? However, Protestants simply refuse to read them. As explained earlier, Protestants teach that history ended with Acts 28:30 and did not begin again until Luther came along.

"But there is nothing concealed that will not be disclosed, and nothing hidden that will not be made known."
Luke 12:2

"Just as the weeds are gathered and burned with fire, so will it be at the close of the age. The Son of man will send his angels, and they will gather out of his kingdom all causes of sin and all evildoers (includes those who lie and reject the truth), and throw them into the furnace of fire; there men will weep and gnash their teeth. Then the righteous (those who follow the teaching of Christ through His one Church) will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear." Matthew 13:40-43

"Do all things without grumbling or questioning, that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation,
among whom youshineaslightsintheworld."
Philippians 2:14-15
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 7:38pm On Aug 15, 2013
superior1:

Including collecting and praying to dead bones?

www.nairaland.com/1389121/catholism-focus-relics
again God is Catholic and all our teachings come from him. He founded the Catholic church and it is here to stay forever. I see how it pains u. Tell how old is your church? 6months ? 1year do u sometimes speak in tongues?

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (29) (Reply)

TB Joshua's Prophecies For Individuals In 2013 / Religion Has Killed Rational Thinking Of This Country - Prof. Osundare / Valerian Okeke Builds House For Physically Challenged Girl In Nteje, Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 267
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.