Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,307 members, 7,829,727 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- - Religion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- (33240 Views)

What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? / The Early Church Vs The Modern Church / Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 16, 2013
philfearon:
You have not answered me....

Why didnt the centurion whose servant Christ healed not go to Mary first? Why didnt blind bartimaeus go to Mary first? Why didnt Mary and Martha whose brother Jesus raised from the dead not go to Mary? Why didnt the woman with the issue of blood not go to mary? Do I ask you more?

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 16, 2013
philfearon:
I dont know shaa,but was that question too dificult for u to answer? What Church do you attend and you are here beating around the Bush...Smh....Na shame dey worry u?

If you knew what the word Church meant I would have answered you but your question connotes that you do not know what a church is. You feel a church is a congregation with a name tag or a building with a name tag where people gather to worship God. A Church is a gathering of BELIEVERS! Believers in whom? In Christ and whom walk not after the flesh but after the spirit because as many as are led by the spirit of God they are the sons of God. You are obviously so crazy about church names which is why you believe that your Roman catholic church is your ticket to heaven or purgatory.

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by philfearon(m): 6:29pm On Aug 16, 2013
naijadeyhia:

If you knew what the word Church meant I would have answered you but your question connotes that you do not know what a church is. You feel a church is a congregation with a name tag or a building with a name tag where people gather to worship God. A Church is a gathering of BELIEVERS! Believers in whom? In Christ and whom walk not after the flesh buut after the spirit because as many as a led by the spirit of God they are the sons of God. You are obviously so crazy about church names which is why you believe that your Roman catholic church is your ticket to heaven or purgatory.
Still running around the Bush....Its a simple question to answer bro or sissy....Answer it! Unless u are telling me you are frustrated bro and confused...
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by philfearon(m): 6:34pm On Aug 16, 2013
naijadeyhia:

Why didnt the centurion whose servant Christ healed not go to Mary first? Why didnt blind bartimaeus go to Mary first? Why didnt Mary and Martha whose brother Jesus raised from the dead not go to Mary? Why didnt the woman with the issue of blood not go to mary? Do I ask you more?
I can see....People like u fail exams a lot.....Alwaz beating around....All those events and places that you just mentioned,Was Mary there?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 16, 2013
philfearon:
Still running around the Bush....Its a simple question to answer bro or sissy....Answer it! Unless u are telling me you are frustrated bro and confused...

I know what you are trying to do. Did i ask you to tell me where you worship before we began talking? I really owe you no explanations. Suffice it to say that Jesus came to establish His life in men and not a Church because a gathering of believers is qualified by the word "church". I can castt out demons without being in a so called church. I can heal the sick without being in a so called church. Church which in greek is called ECCLESIA means assembly of believers.

1 Cor. 12:13,"by one Spirit we are all baptized into one body "

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 16, 2013
philfearon:
I can see....People like u fail exams a lot.....Alwaz beating around....All those events and places that you just mentioned,Was Mary there?

Oh so Mary cannot be everywhere neither can she know everything. Was Mary not in the upper room in the book of acts when the holy spirit came why didnt the bible say it was her intercession that brought the Holy spirit or why didnt the bible say that because God so honoured her she was the first to receive the Holy spirit and was it her intercession that converted 3000 souls after Peters first preaching after the holy ghost baptism (because Mary was there)
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 6:50pm On Aug 16, 2013
In chapters four and five of the Book of Revelation, we are given a quite detailed picture of Heaven. God is seated on the throne, surrounded by 24 elders and four living creatures. The Lamb (Jesus) is standing in the center of the throne. Thousands upon thousands of angels circle the throne, singing God's praises. And Mary is not in the picture at all. How Puzzling.

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 16, 2013
God has exalted Mary in heavenly glory as Queen of Heaven and earth. (Catechism 966) She is to be praised with special devotion. (Catechism 971, 2675)

Psalm 148:13 says, “Let them praise the name of the Lord: for his name alone is excellent; his glory is above the earth and heaven.” This makes it quite clear that only God’s name (not Mary’s) is to be exalted. (In Catholic Bibles the numbering of the chapters and verses of some of the Psalms is slightly different.)
When people tried to give Mary special honor and pre-eminence because she was His mother, Jesus corrected them.

“And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked. But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.” (Luke 11:27-28)

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by philfearon(m): 6:57pm On Aug 16, 2013
naijadeyhia:

I know what you are trying to do. Did i ask you to tell me where you worship before we began talking? I really owe you no explanations. Suffice it to say that Jesus came to establish His life in men and not a Church because a gathering of believers is qualified by the word "church". I can castt out demons without being in a so called church. I can heal the sick without being in a so called church. Church which in greek is called ECCLESIA means assembly of believers.

1 Cor. 12:13,"by one Spirit we are all baptized into one body "
do u re-read ur statements at all? Dude,you are frustrated....its written all over ur posts.....I am A Proud Catholic,and This is What i Believe in:

I believe in God,The Father Almighty,Creator of Heaven and Earth,and in Jesus Christ,His Only Son, our God...Who was concieved of the Holy Spirit,born of The Virgin Mary,suffered under Pontius Pilate ,was crucified and died,He descended into Hell..The third day,he Rosd again from The Dead,ascended into Heaven and sitted at the Right hand of God,from whence He Shall come to Judge the Living and the Dead..
I believe in the Holy Spirit,the Holy Catholic Church,the communion of Saints,the resurection of the Body,and life everlasting....
WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE IN?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 16, 2013
philfearon:
do u re-read ur statements at all? Dude,you are frustrated....its written all over ur posts.....I am A Proud Catholic,and This is What i Believe in:

I believe in God,The Father Almighty,Creator of Heaven and Earth,and in Jesus Christ,His Only Son, our God...Who was concieved of the Holy Spirit,born of The Virgin Mary,suffered under Pontius Pilate ,was crucified and died,He descended into Hell..The third day,he Rosd again from The Dead,ascended into Heaven and sitted at the Right hand of God,from whence He Shall come to Judge the Living and the Dead..
I believe in the Holy Spirit,the Holy Catholic Church,the communion of Saints,the resurection of the Body,and life everlasting....
WHAT DO YOU BELIEVE IN?

I attended a catholic school and we had this creed drummed into our brains. You believe in the catholic church and in whatever they tell you. The difference between your likes and i is that I choose to believe what the Holy Spirit confirms to me in the word of God and not what some church tells me to. Ce La vie

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by philfearon(m): 8:18pm On Aug 16, 2013
naijadeyhia:

I attended a catholic school and we had this creed drummed into our brains. You believe in the catholic church and in whatever they tell you. The difference between your likes and i is that I choose to believe what the Holy Spirit confirms to me in the word of God and not what some church tells me to. Ce La vie
you are just frustrated bro...ur problem is that u refuse to acknowledge ur flaws....Till u answer the place where u worshp,byee......
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by rhowly(m): 8:43pm On Aug 16, 2013
italo:

I cant find where Christ said anyone should make a "Bible." Yet the Catholic Church compiled and made it in the fourth century.

Is that also a man-made tradition we should do away with?
. I won't argue with you. But even if the bible said so....u would still make your own doctrine despite it. So it doesn't matter if it did or didn't. Which is where ud like me to go
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 16, 2013
philfearon:
you are just frustrated bro...ur problem is that u refuse to acknowledge ur flaws....Till u answer the place where u worshp,byee......

I believe you ran out of defences so needed a bit of distraction and since i wasnt able to oblige you, you had to take a hike. well bye to you too

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 9:57pm On Aug 16, 2013
I wonder why God has not yet destroyed all the Catholic church in this world....dont you think the sin we are committing against him is greater than that of Soddom and Gommorah?But all these Protestants are immediately exposed when they start commiting attrocities. Have you thought of that..? Why do you think he is so silent about the catholics? Why does he still perform his miracle in the midst of those worshiping a graven image? Why is he still allowing man to rob him of his glory and praises? Why is he still silent?

I am very sure that no one came into this world with the knowledge of God and the church. everyone was taught by one religion or the other.
I was taught by th Catholics....who taught you that such came to be? Who taught you about the Trinity?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 10:14pm On Aug 16, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
I wonder why God has not yet destroyed all the Catholic church in this world....dont you think the sin we are committing against him is greater than that of Soddom and Gommorah?But all these Protestants are immediately exposed when they start commiting attrocities. Have you thought of that..? Why do you think he is so silent about the catholics? Why does he still perform his miracle in the midst of those worshiping a graven image? Why is he still allowing man to rob him of his glory and praises? Why is he still silent?

I am very sure that no one came into this world with the knowledge of God and the church. everyone was taught by one religion or the other.
I was taught by th Catholics....who taught you that such came to be? Who taught you about the Trinity?

[b]We are no longer in the dispensation of Judgement so destruction is covered by grace for now. What has trinity got to do with anything? Besides since you allude that the catholics thought others about the trinity why isnt Mary part of the trinity? We should have God the Father, God the son and Mary the mother of God and not God the holy spirit. Why is Mary more revered than the Holy Spirit? None of you depend on the Holy spirit but rather depend on Mary who also needed the holy spirit and waited along with others in the upper room. Is it that the catholic church cannot make an image representing the Holy Spirit? Rather they have images for dead saints, dead popes, dead everything including Mary having a ridiculous bleeding heart. Mary can keep crying and be heart broken as her images portray but i am rejoicing because my Lord and savior Jesus Christ is risen and has gone to prepare a place for me so that where He is i can be also

In Luke 24 a question was asked the morning Christ Rose again and was no longer in the Tomb. The angel said "why do you seek the living among the dead?"There is a great gulf between the living and the dead and they have no connection. The only connection we hope to have is if they died in Christ and then we have hope that we shall meet again on the Lords Day. Till then pray all you want to the dead and let the devil keep masquerading as an angel of light to you lot. [/b]
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 10:31pm On Aug 16, 2013
naijadeyhia:

[b]We are no longer in the dispensation of Judgement so destruction is covered by grace for now. What has trinity got to do with anything? Besides since you allude that the catholics thought others about the trinity why isnt Mary part of the trinity? We should have God the Father, God the son and Mary the mother of God and not God the holy spirit. Why is Mary more revered than the Holy Spirit? None of you depend on the Holy spirit but rather depend on Mary who also needed the holy spirit and waited along with others in the upper room. Is it that the catholic church cannot make an image representing the Holy Spirit? Rather they have images for dead saints, dead popes, dead everything including Mary having a ridiculous bleeding heart. Mary can keep crying and be heart broken as her images portray but i am rejoicing because my Lord and savior Jesus Christ is risen and has gone to prepare a place for me so that where He is i can be also

In Luke 24 a question was asked the morning Christ Rose again and was no longer in the Tomb. The angel said "why do you seek the living among the dead?"There is a great gulf between the living and the dead and they have no connection. The only connection we hope to have is if they died in Christ and then we have hope that we shall meet again on the Lords Day. Till then pray all you want to the dead and let the devil keep masquerading as an angel of light to you lot. [/b]

Thought provoking

Hebrews 4:15
For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been
tempted as we are, yet without sin.

We do not need anyone in heaven to help us in begging Jesus to answer our prayers. He understands us because He was once like us. Catholics have the impression Jesus is one hard hearted spoilt King that needs His mother to keep begging Him continuously for favors.

Nun Mary just finished praying to Mary, Mary will quickly stand up from her chair and go to Jesus

Mary: Jesus please please and please, Nun Mary said she needs a good catholic friend
Jesus: No Mum!!!, there is superior1 for her to befriend

Mary: No, No, No Jesus, superior1 is an unrepentant Bible preacher
Jesus: Ok, lets see what we can do for her.

Now, since Mary is not omnipresent, how does she handles 1 billion catholics prayer if they need some favors
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 10:42pm On Aug 16, 2013
naijadeyhia:

Destruction is covered by grace for now? Really?
Why do we still have the image of jesus crucified?
And by the way, we do not worship Mary..we honour her same way she was honoured by God....and the trinity has always been before the begining of the world...Mary was chosen to bring the saviour to the world..She was a special being, specially preped for the task..
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 10:52pm On Aug 16, 2013
superior1:

Thought provoking

For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been

We do not need anyone in heaven to help us in begging Jesus to answer our prayers. He understands us because He was once like us. Catholics have the impression Jesus is one hard hearted spoilt King that needs His mother to keep begging Him continuously for favors.

Nun Mary just finished praying to Mary, Mary will quickly stand up from her chair and go to Jesus

Mary: Jesus please please and please, Nun Mary said she needs a good catholic friend

Now, since Mary is not omnipresent, how does she handles 1 billion catholics prayer if they need some favors
...hmm, my prayer would rather be, Lord help your children...
Mama, continue to interced for me
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Syncan(m): 11:41pm On Aug 16, 2013
superior1:

Thought provoking

1 Corinthians 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

In the quote above, St.Paul made it clear that the saints in heaven will be illuminated by God to know so much. Indeed for him, he will know even as he is known. Imagine how much Paul is known, it is all God's work, do not doubt. However it is still clear that no one forces devotion to mary on you, it is you who go into any thread written "Mary" to air your opinion. You have decided not to think deeply into why you believe what you believe, so it is better for you to continue with the prayer I had earlier taught you " Lord teach me to keep my mouth shut until I know what I am talking about ". Amen.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 11:45pm On Aug 16, 2013
Strange fellows who refuse to follow the one who is alive , and instead solicit for assistance from those who cannot hear them or see them.

Paganism at it's most subtle.

smiley

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 11:48pm On Aug 16, 2013
frosbel: Strange fellows who refuse to follow the one who is alive , and instead solicit for assistance from those who cannot hear them or see them.

Paganism at it's most subtle.

smiley

Finally, something we both agree on.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 11:50pm On Aug 16, 2013
Syncan:

1 Corinthians 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

In the quote above, St.Paul made it clear that the saints in heaven will be illuminated by God to know so much. Indeed for him, he will know even as he is known. Imagine how much Paul is known, it is all God's work, do not doubt. However it is still clear that no one forces devotion to mary on you, it is you who go into any thread written "Mary" to air your opinion. You have decided not to think deeply into why you believe what you believe, so it is better for you to continue with the prayer I had earlier taught you " Lord teach me to keep my mouth shut until I know what I am talking about ". Amen.

What is the relevance of all this to my post?

superior1:

Thought provoking

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Syncan(m): 11:58pm On Aug 16, 2013
Maria-Goretti:

And by the way, we do not worship Mary..we honour her same way she was honoured by God....and the trinity has always been before the begining of the world...Mary was chosen to bring the saviour to the world..She was a special being, specially preped for the task..

Nne, you owe her no explanation, she is presently interested in gossips and half truths as I've read from her numerous copy and paste here and else where. When she is ready for truth, she will do more of listening. By their fruit ye shall know them.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Syncan(m): 12:03am On Aug 17, 2013
superior1:

What is the relevance of all this to my post?

Do not worry, just keep watching, someone more illuminated by the light of the Holy Spirit will point out its relevance.Keep studing it, you might just see.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 12:11am On Aug 17, 2013
Syncan:

Do not worry, just keep watching, someone more illuminated by the light of the Holy Spirit will point out its relevance.Keep studing it, you might just see.

Your typical line when you have nothing better to say.

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by italo: 12:53am On Aug 17, 2013
rhowly: . I won't argue with you. But even if the bible said so....u would still make your own doctrine despite it. So it doesn't matter if it did or didn't. Which is where ud like me to go

You are talking bullshit. Irrelevant to what I asked you.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by doclan: 12:57am On Aug 17, 2013
Wow wow wow... Alot has been said.. Bt still all I see are 2 sides who believes Christ.. One is too scare to admit that The pope z wrong while the other is bent on showing the humble truth.. I see quotes 4rm Cathecism.. Is it generally accepted in Christendom? Too concerned abt wat church do U attend? Seeking to lash back to note heresy... A pity U did nt carefully study, Nija4hia mention his church bt U did nt cee coz U are waitin 4 denominational appellation.. He is a member of the body of christ. Dnt U get it?

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 6:08am On Aug 17, 2013
...and because we honour Mary, we are pagans, right?
We are all one family, one church, one body of Christ.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 7:03am On Aug 17, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
...and because we honour Mary, we are pagans, right?
We are all one family, one church, one body of Christ.

The true body of Christ are those who are sold out to Christ in all things and they are not contained in one church. Rather they are scattered worldwide. A member of His body can be a begger on the streets of india who has embraced christ or a worker in ukraine or a teenager in denmark and so on. But they must have one thing in common, they must have been sealed by the Holy spirit as marked for Christ as they must walk with His Holy spirit in obedience in all things for this is the seal.

You do beyond honouring mary. You say you honour her in words but your actions and other prayers said to her speak otherwise. You use words for her that only God deserves and yet you say you only honour her? The bible said all nations would call her blessed this means all nations on this earth. Heavens standards are far higher than ours. We bless God for using her and thats just it... she was used... she was an instrument... a tool and it ends there.

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 7:06am On Aug 17, 2013
Maria-Goretti:

You have the image of Christ Crucified but I do not. I have the image of Christ risen and alive forever more. Moreso i have the life of the risen and living Christ. he is no longer on the cross but He is seated with God now alive and ever making intercessions for us as our High Priest whose shoes no one else can fill. The bible called Him the Lamb who taketh away the sins of the world. He alone could do that and no one else. Why do you seek the living among the dead?

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by philfearon(m): 7:10am On Aug 17, 2013
doclan: Wow wow wow... Alot has been said.. Bt still all I see are 2 sides who believes Christ.. One is too scare to admit that The pope z wrong while the other is bent on showing the humble truth.. I see quotes 4rm Cathecism.. Is it generally accepted in Christendom? Too concerned abt wat church do U attend? Seeking to lash back to note heresy... A pity U did nt carefully study, Nija4hia mention his church bt U did nt cee coz U are waitin 4 denominational appellation.. He is a member of the body of christ. Dnt U get it?
Body of Christ?
And mine is body of Mary Abi? Chai!! Smh......
Read my previous Posts....
After reading it,go to Google and Type '17th October,1917'...Read that for urself........
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 7:11am On Aug 17, 2013
naijadeyhia:

The true body of Christ are those who are sold out to Christ in all things and they are not contained in one church. Rather they are scattered worldwide. A member of His body can be a begger on the streets of india who has embraced christ or a worker in ukraine or a teenager in denmark and so on. But they must have one thing in common, they must have been sealed by the Holy spirit as marked for Christ as they must walk with His Holy spirit in obedience in all things for this is the seal.

You do beyond honouring mary. You say you honour her in words but your actions and other prayers said to her speak otherwise. You use words for her that only God deserves and yet you say you only honour her? The bible said all nations would call her blessed this means all nations on this earth. Heavens standards are far higher than ours. We bless God for using her and thats just it... she was used... she was an instrument... a tool and it ends there.

camelus: O COME TO THE THRONE OF GRACE

O come to the throne of grace,
O come to the heart most pure.
To Mary our hope of Life,
In whom Salvation is sure.

Chorus;
O Lady of Nigeria,Hail
Immaculate Mother of grace
O pray for us,help us today
Thou hope of the human race
Immaculate Heart we kneel

The bold also shows they merely honour Mary

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (29) (Reply)

Who Will You Have Lunch With? / Be Wary Of Romantic Boyfriend And Girlfriend Relationships / My Pastor Offended Me Today In Church (Experience)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.