Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,760 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:06 PM

A Weapon Called Silence - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Weapon Called Silence (9022 Views)

Smart Guys, Which Weapon Would You Use? (see Photo) / I Want To Confess Before I Die In Silence. Viewer Discretion. / Ladies – Here Are Reasons Why Your Vagina Is Your Weapon Of Mass Destruction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Weapon Called Silence by LauraB1: 9:12am On May 30, 2008
A weapon called silence

If you are a woman, married, or single or in any form of relationship, read this and reflect over it. If you are the one, how will you handle the issue? Do you think that retaliating will do you a favor or do you think that you will simply walk out of your marriage or relationship for a cheap rat? There are times in our lives we don’t need to be vague nor fight over issues; JUST SILENCE will fight for you. But be wise to know when to be silent.

I felt it the moment I turned the knob. The door was unlocked, but that
Was not unusual especially because his car was in the parking bay, where
It usually sat when he was home. What I felt was a knot forming in the pit
Of my stomach - the kind of feeling you get when you hear movements in
The house when you know you are alone in the small hours of the night.
Every second Friday of the month, I travel to Kampala to collect Fabric for
My vintage business in the city. On this particular Friday, I left home
At dusk as usual, heading for the city centre to catch the 8 pm Akamba
Bus bound for Kampala . We waited for three hours and then it was announced That the buses had been cancelled due to a technical hitch.
With nothing else to do in town, I went back home. The lights downstairs were on and so was the music. The English Premier League was showing on TV, so why wasn't my husband, a die-hard Arsenal fan, watching the game?
Sometimes a woman's instincts can be so sharp that she can smell last year's perfume on the shirt of her philandering man. My instincts were on edge. Even though there was no actual perfume in the air. In fact, there was nothing really that I could put my finger on. Just this odour of violationthat ripped my senses like nothing I had ever felt before. Perhaps this feeling is what kept me from calling out to my husband. And it stayed with me even as I tip-toed upstairs, heading for the master bedroom. Nothingprepares you for anything like this.

They had not even bothered to shut the door. I simply walked in and there they were, my husband and this woman, naked save for my purple flowered bed-sheets partly covering their entwined bodies. It took me a moment to realise the high-pitched cry that cut through the night was coming from me. The bewildered pair scrambled to cover their unclothedness and stared at me blankly. They said nothing. My heart was beating so loud I could almost hear its echo in the Next room.

Trust is a fragile emotion. Like glass breaking, it can be shattered in an instant, never to be wholly recovered again. In that instant, my trust for r this man was lost. "Why don't I go downstairs and make you some tea? "Did I just say that? I had just walked in on my husband and another woman, and all I could do was offer them some tea! I slowly made my way back downstairs. In the kitchen, I switched to auto-pilot, fetching a packet of milk from the fridge, lighting the cooker, placing a pan of water on to boil, bending to remove mugs and the flask,  All the while, my mind was abuzz, humming a tune I did not recognise. This must be how zombies feel.

It went on and on, the tune seemed to imply that I ought to be in control, that I ought to keep breathing so that I may stay sane. The tea was ready and placed on the table. Three bright blue mugs sat neatly on light blue place mats. I waited for the "guests" to come down as I sat motionless, staring sightlessly at the television. They came down my husband first, dragging his feet like a prisoner counting his final steps to the gallows.
He sat on the love seat - the two-seater on which he had cuddled and kissed me passionately just the night before. She followed, hesitating for a moment near the same seat before moving to the furthest corner of the room, near the door, a safe distance from me. I began talking as I poured tea into the cups. I rattled on and on about the transport crisis and the difficulties of traveling at a time like this. But instead of reaching for a cup, the woman stood up abruptly and headed for the door. For a brief moment, our eyes met. She was not young. In fact, she appeared quite mature, maybe even married. I heard the gate open. My husband was still rooted to the spot. "Why don't you see your visitor off?" I prodded gently. He didn't move. I sighed and started talking about the African Cup of Nations Championship and how sad it was that Kenya had lost to Burkina Faso . When he did not respond,

I yawned loudly, said goodnight and went to bed. Sleep evaded me like the mosquitoes that buzz through out the night. My husband did not come to bed with me - he opted for the couch. By the break of dawn I had painted my mind red with all sorts of possible revenge, thinking of the ultimate pain to inflict on him for the anguish he has caused me. But my heart grew haggard on the prospect of a physical confrontation. I was going to fight this war my own way and at my own pace. Last night marked the beginning of a cold war, not confrontation. I have heard of, and even seen, women go after "the other woman" with a panga. But my reasoning was, this woman was not the only player here. My husband probably seduced her. Other women go so far as to attack their husbands, but then again, I thought: If a man is fed up with me, he will let me know. If he wants to have an affair, that is his business. Strange, I know, but silence was my weapon - and a very vicious weapon it was. As far as I was concerned, that was the end of it.
I went about my business as usual and did not say or do anything that would suggest it had actually happened.

Two weeks later, I was waking up and was surprised to find my husband sitting at the foot of the bed, sobbing deeply. "I am sorry,  so sorry. Please forgive me, please, just say something, don't shut me out, just say something,  " I looked at him calmly, my heart frozen. My face showed feigned surprise and innocence. "What are you talking about? Sorry for what?" He sobbed even louder, sinking to his knees, his head buried in his hands. "Say something,  shout, scream, anything, but please don't be silent. It's killing me, please, I'll tell you everything,  ."I smiled. It was the smile of a woman who has just tricked the devil into getting down on his knees and praying. It was the smile of a woman who had won.

I had left my peace with God and He will deal with them in Time. At the end I remained the Lady he had married, and the other women was just another lesson for me that made me the better person I am today
Re: A Weapon Called Silence by Nobody: 9:14am On May 30, 2008
be bac
Re: A Weapon Called Silence by OscarJ1(m): 9:23am On May 30, 2008
u try!
Re: A Weapon Called Silence by presido1: 9:58am On May 30, 2008
Chei
Re: A Weapon Called Silence by replenish(f): 10:21am On May 30, 2008
Beautiful write up
Re: A Weapon Called Silence by chika98: 10:26am On May 30, 2008
Story story! How do you he isnt cheating on you now?
Re: A Weapon Called Silence by dominictj(m): 10:39am On May 30, 2008
you are sensible and at thesame time wicked.
Re: A Weapon Called Silence by dominictj(m): 10:41am On May 30, 2008
I seems to agree with Chika, he could still be cheating on you
Re: A Weapon Called Silence by manchibabe: 10:54am On May 30, 2008
@ post
silence is always the best answer for anybody be it husby or friend,

call it wicked or watever u like

it has always worked for me nd has never failed me, but the key is knowing when to be silent nd wen to speak before u go and overdo it
Re: A Weapon Called Silence by frank316(m): 11:12am On May 30, 2008
If i were ur husband i will smile within me and say "she isnt even bothered about it, Thank you God for such a wonderful and understanding wife"
Re: A Weapon Called Silence by proo212(m): 11:20am On May 30, 2008
This story has been circulating for a while now.

If the husband loves you then you can use silence, if he doesn't then you're the one who is suffering. But it goes both ways since women are the ones who love to talk about their"feelings"
Re: A Weapon Called Silence by Nobody: 11:24am On May 30, 2008
I had left my peace with God and He will deal with them in Time. At the end I remained the Lady he had married, and the other women was just another lesson for me that made me the better person I am today

that is what i call maturity
Re: A Weapon Called Silence by Nobody: 11:27am On May 30, 2008
did anyone read that?
Re: A Weapon Called Silence by zignor(m): 11:27am On May 30, 2008
it is too long embarassed sad angry
Re: A Weapon Called Silence by baby4ever: 11:36am On May 30, 2008
Laura B i do applicate this topic I've been in this type of situation but they where both nude at about midnight when l was coming from a Lagos and l was meant to go to Benin but could not because it was late well to cut the long story short l didn't keep quiet about it l fought both of them physical fight but sorry the guy left me for a different woman. So l do believe silence is the best  way to deal with a man. Thanks for the topic we know about it but its good someone is reminding us of our woman right
Re: A Weapon Called Silence by PRYNXLEX(m): 11:38am On May 30, 2008
HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
IF THIS STORY IS REALLY YOURS.( COS I HAVE HEARD DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF THIS STORY). IT TAKES A LOT OF COURAGE TO ACT THAT WAY. BUT I MUST SAY MOST MEN ARE ACTORS ALL THEY NEED IS THE PERFECT CAST AND STORY LINE THEN WATCH THEM. NOW TELL ME DO YOU THINK THAT THIS ACTION OF HIS IS REALLY SINCERE. HE COULD TRY IT AGAIN NEXT TIME AND THIS TIME A LITTLE MORE CAUTIOUS.

NA WA OHH!
Re: A Weapon Called Silence by tboy1(m): 11:41am On May 30, 2008
PRYNXLEX:

HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
IF THIS STORY IS REALLY YOURS.( COS I HAVE HEARD DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF THIS STORY). IT TAKES A LOT OF COURAGE TO ACT THAT WAY. BUT I MUST SAY MOST MEN ARE ACTORS ALL THEY NEED IS THE PERFECT CAST AND STORY LINE THEN WATCH THEM. NOW TELL ME DO YOU THINK THAT THIS ACTION OF HIS IS REALLY SINCERE. HE COULD TRY IT AGAIN NEXT TIME AND THIS TIME A LITTLE MORE CAUTIOUS.

NA WA OHH!

Pls use lower case sentences- its hard to read your post
Re: A Weapon Called Silence by Nobody: 11:43am On May 30, 2008
Laura B i do applicate this topic I've been in this type of situation but they where both nude at about midnight when l was coming from a Lagos and l was meant to go to Benin but could not because it was late well to cut the long story short l didn't keep quiet about it l fought both of them physical fight but sorry the guy left me for a different woman. So l do believe silence is the best way to deal with a man. Thanks for the topic we know about it but its good someone is reminding us of our woman right

rotflmao cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy ,what did u fight them wt undecided grin

honestly silence is good my sis,it brings out d maturity and wisdom in u,which guy no wan marry woman wt wisdom cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: A Weapon Called Silence by hammers(m): 11:48am On May 30, 2008
Yawn yawn   lipsrsealed
Story land or Nairaland?
Re: A Weapon Called Silence by Uby40(m): 11:51am On May 30, 2008
pls cud any one who read through, break down what he/she understood.?
Re: A Weapon Called Silence by osuolale1(f): 12:22pm On May 30, 2008
Like my mum use to tell me that silence is one good friend that will never betray you or get you in trouble. this same thing happened to me i caught my man with another woman and i remembered my mother's words,i kept quiet and that gave him more concern than if i had shouted or fight and you know what, it earned me more respect from him. so baby you are on the right path, it could be painful but making noise will not help matters. smiley smiley
Re: A Weapon Called Silence by Blossomng: 1:25pm On May 30, 2008
Laura i like your story. you are really matured. sincerely speaking silence is the best answer to some of these problems
if actually you know your worth. It kills more than physical fight. i dig your style. Your are intelligent.
Re: A Weapon Called Silence by tngtech(m): 1:25pm On May 30, 2008
nice story.
Re: A Weapon Called Silence by Nobody: 2:02pm On May 30, 2008
babe u try oh! it's very true. silence works like nothing else. especially cold silence. fear no go gree am make shakara. it's when u engage in a war of words that he is able to pick on something to use as an excuse.

another thing is, at some point, he'll be scared for his life!! grin grin i mean, who knows whether she may be planning to kill him in revenge? like they say, the person who makes no noise when wronged is more to be feared than the one who shouts it on the rooftops.
Re: A Weapon Called Silence by arianne(f): 2:19pm On May 30, 2008
Uby40:

please cud any one who read through, break down what he/she understood.?

its simple , dont give a situation its anticipated response but rather the unexpected, am sure the hubby must have expected hell to freeze over but her calmness and composure must have stunned him and that makes him weak and defenseless before her.
Re: A Weapon Called Silence by babyx(f): 2:59pm On May 30, 2008
@ Poster
Thats one tough thing you did. I applaud your strength of character. Thank GOD it was not i who caught his sorry ass he would be history by now. wink
Re: A Weapon Called Silence by jkpretty(f): 4:02pm On May 30, 2008
We sure do solve matters more than eachother. But that making a coffee thingy undecided

Silence does kills.
Re: A Weapon Called Silence by elizabetta(f): 4:13pm On May 30, 2008
I love your courage,silence is indeed the answer
Re: A Weapon Called Silence by mishooo(m): 4:28pm On May 30, 2008
iceblue:

another thing is, at some point, he'll be scared for his life!! grin grin i mean, who knows whether she may be planning to kill him in revenge? like they say, the person who makes no noise when wronged is more to be feared than the one who shouts it on the rooftops.

YES OOOO. You are never sure if the person is a witch/wicked or matured/forgiving since the intent of the heart is not discovered/uncovered during conversation/accusations. Sometimes i dey fear silence ooo. (reminds me of the folklore i heard when i was small : the reason the Hawk catches Chicks and not Duckling)
Re: A Weapon Called Silence by yemivictor: 4:45pm On May 30, 2008
elizabetta:

I love your courage,silence is indeed the answer

Only if he genuinely cares as depicted in the scenario above! smiley

If not, you may just implode after several silence sessions if he's the randy type!! grin
Re: A Weapon Called Silence by Rebellious(f): 12:52am On May 31, 2008
Ok just so that we all are clear, this write up "A Weapon Called Silence" was written by Mildred Ngesa, a Kenyan woman I presume.
Re: A Weapon Called Silence by ima1(f): 8:10am On May 31, 2008
the best thing would be to find out what he hates so much and do it. my husband can't stand me being silent, so this would be a very good weapon if he ever cheats and i didn't choose to walk out of the marriage, which i will only stay if kidz are involved

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yoruba Girl With Massive Stuffs Flaunts Everything She's Got / Married Women Shagg Pass / Things You Should Do For Your Partner On Valentine's Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.