Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,557 members, 7,820,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis (40969 Views)

Happy Birthday To Pope Francis...please Drop Your Wishes Here / Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis / An Islamic Response To Pope Benedict Xvi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by Nnamdig2(m): 2:47pm On Aug 02, 2013
[quote author=takeprofit]

i smell hypocrisy. why judge the mafians if u cant judge the gays. maybe he is afraid of the gays. if we want to be fair, we should delete the word sin from the bible and scrap the ministry of justice. "who r we to judge another man?"[/quote how did he judge d mafians? or u don't know d meaning of judge
Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by Danhumprey: 2:48pm On Aug 02, 2013
After reading this letter,I wondered to myself if Charly boy is really gay(as some people say) or just a gay advocate. Whatever the case may be,who am I to condemn Anyway,it's their life. Time would come when they would account for how they live their live.
Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by TeenageMoney(m): 2:48pm On Aug 02, 2013
Summary please
Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by iamidris: 2:49pm On Aug 02, 2013
Omo no be small in o
Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by amiskurie(m): 2:50pm On Aug 02, 2013
WinkWrld: The Pope is human and only playing his role. He knows his limitations and boundaries. He is indeed God sent. Let us pray with him for a better tomorrow.
u need prayer too.
Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by ReubenAbati: 2:50pm On Aug 02, 2013
Danhumprey: After reading this letter,I wondered to myself if Charly boy is really gay(as some people say) or just a gay advocate. Whatever the case may be,who am I to condemn Anyway,it's their life. Time would come when they would account for how they live their live.

Stop believing heresay.

What if I start peddling rumors that you nack chickens?

Now think!

1 Like

Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by mars123(m): 2:51pm On Aug 02, 2013
takeprofit:

i smell hypocrisy. why judge the mafians if u cant judge the gays. maybe he is afraid of the gays. if we want to be fair, we should delete the word sin from the bible and scrap the ministry of justice. "who r we to judge another man?"
ol boy u dull oo...mafians take peoples lives,gays don't!moreover,he stood up to the mafians,he didn't judge them!
Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by nerodenero: 2:51pm On Aug 02, 2013
Nice write-up but very hard to believe it was written by Charly boy. It is so on point.

2 Likes

Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by dhammer(m): 2:54pm On Aug 02, 2013
I don't think this issue is one where a compromise can be reached. Gays are humans, whether you like it or not and you probably have a friend whose gay , whether you agree with the lifestyle or not, its there just like rain or fog, its a natural occurrence, heck homosexuality is more common in the animal kingdom than masturbation.

Changing people should start from same sex secondary schools where boys unfortunately explore their sexuality with others of the same sex. Certainly not making it illegal, that helps nobody.

A little digression, I think the fundamental problem with nairaland is there are too many strong headed illiterates who have no intention of listening to logic or considering someone else's point of view.

2 Likes

Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by denony(m): 2:55pm On Aug 02, 2013
Got the holy spirit that lead me to read all of this
Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 02, 2013
Did I just see "winches" in that letter?? grin
Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 02, 2013
I keep telling people that words have insidious meaning and could be interpreted according to the 2nd personn's insecurity! My man charlie,what pope said is an open statement that means a lot! Its left for him to give you a second statement for you to ve clearer picture of what he said! This goes to remind me of an apptitude I wrote then,where u wer required to read and interpret according to d passage! The ans to pope statement is " can't say" I recommend that text for Mr H*pelss Gay!

1 Like

Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by plainmirror(m): 3:02pm On Aug 02, 2013
Kedu ife onako!
Osim catholic
Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by AnselmA(m): 3:05pm On Aug 02, 2013
[b][/b]really I don't know what to say, as right as it may sound it all depends from the eye you use in viewing matters example why is it that the UN insisting that a country should suddenly change its rules to receive help...our race have always being individual. no matter what people say it remains a fact.
Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by 50calibre(m): 3:06pm On Aug 02, 2013
No one is judging the other, I'm very much for allowing gays to exist, after all there are lots of abnormal people out there and we don't go judging or killing all of them.

What I'm 100% opposed to, is allowing gays to take up leadership positions in the church or the church trying to make people see homosexuality as normal when the bible explicitly condemns homosexuality as abhorrent and an abomination in the sight of God.

So I baffles me what some of these so called clerics are saying. Any day a minister of God tells me homosexuality is normal id get up, walk out and never return.

4 Likes

Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by Balkan(m): 3:07pm On Aug 02, 2013
THIS IS PART OF THE NEW WORLD ORDER. I AM NOT PART OF IT. WHAT IS BAD IS BAD. THE POPE Should be proud enough to condemn evil. He is sitting on the fence.
Christ condemned evil.
Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by Elevation(m): 3:08pm On Aug 02, 2013
When i sit down to read through all the things that happen around this planet one thing always comes to my mind..HUMANITY really needs the MESSIAH (Jesus Christ).
Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by Chnges(m): 3:10pm On Aug 02, 2013
WinkWrld: The Pope is human and only playing his role. He knows his limitations and boundaries. He is indeed God sent. Let us pray with him for a better tomorrow.
Wake up! for tomorrow will never be beter. The end of time is close and till then, mankind shall see no peace!
For the people of this generation have become more foolish than their fathers. They have killed my prophets and have made My Word suit their atrocities.
O ye generation of hypocrites! The Word of God was not written by mere human knowledge but the Heavenly Wisdom. But men have interpreted with their foolish wisdom.
O ye foolish man of the flesh turn your way to the narrow way that leads to life, for your wisdom lies in the Father.
Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by ecnuel: 3:16pm On Aug 02, 2013
eameh30: Even JESUS said that it is for d sinner that he has come and not for the righteous. D book of Matthew said we should not judge so that we won't be judge. Warning!!! Never U judge for U are not God, are U even better? Let he who is without sin be d 1st to cast d 1st stone... Is it only gay dat is a sin? God hate all sin. We are to pray for them to repent and not judging them

My brother, you are getting it wrong. Homosexuality is not worse than other sins. The problem is that while others know they are offending God, gays and lesbians see nothing wrong with their "sin". They want the government and the church to give them legal backing. Remember, if you do not realize you are a sinner, how can you ask God for forgiveness?

On the issue of judgement, many tend to misunderstand Jesus. Have you ever considered what Jesus meant in John 7:24? ("Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment."wink.If you consider several other verses in the Bible ( Matthew 18:15–17; Romans 16:17–18; 1 Corinthians 5:3; Galatians 1:8; Philippians 3:2; Titus 3:10–11; 1 John 4:1–4; 2 John 9–11; 3 John 9–10), you will realize that Jesus was only against hypocrisy and censorious criticism. It does not mean that if I see someone doing something contrary to the Word of God, I cannot remind him of what God wants.

Meanwhile, many Catholics have come to say that the Pope was quoted in error. For Charly Boy to hug his telly because someone told him what he wants to hear is inconsequencial. Whether Pope was quoted out of context or not, the truth remains that the authority of the bible is superior to that of any church or group of churches. Do not forget why God destroyed Sodom and Gormorrah. God has always strongly condemned homosexuality!

Thank you and God bless you.

9 Likes

Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by Chnges(m): 3:18pm On Aug 02, 2013
50calibre: No one is judging the other, I'm very much for allowing gays to exist, after all there are lots of abnormal people out there and we don't go judging or killing all of them.

What I'm 100% opposed to, is allowing gays to take up leadership positions in the church or the church trying to make people see homosexuality as normal when the bible explicitly condemns homosexuality as abhorrent and an abomination in the sight of God.

So I baffles me what some of these so called clerics are saying. Any day a minister of God tells me homosexuality is normal id get up, walk out and never return.
Who are the Church? You are the church. For the Spirit of God dwells in you and not the buildings!
Then say to yourself "shall men take positions of your life?"

1 Like

Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by theoctopus: 3:18pm On Aug 02, 2013
mascot87:
So telling people to turn away from there evil ways means judging them? you will remain dull for life for displaying such level of reasoning.

Isnt this exactly what the gays call judging? You are not making sense
Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by ChukChinCol(m): 3:22pm On Aug 02, 2013
[b][/b][color=#000099][/color
]MEANING?
Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by theoctopus: 3:22pm On Aug 02, 2013
drake2005: I have always suspected that Charlie Boy went to school in the US; there no way a Nigerian trained/nurtured young man would behave like he does. Any young man that is a product of American tertiary/university education, has a 99.9999999% chance of being less religious and very liberal. I'm a product and can attest to this. Why? For the most part you get to know that religion is a farce and a fraud; something that you didn't know before you left Nigeria. You become more liberal and tolerant; accepting of gay people, e.t.c.

To all gullible Nigerians who still believe in religion; will focus on Catholicism for now. To all gullible Catholics...Pope Francis was installed there for a reason; to spearhead the sanction of Gay marriage and gay catholic priests. Pope Benedict resigned because he didn't want to be used as tool to institute gay marriage in the church. Instead they chose a pope who is non-white to carry it out.

You are very wrong in your first paragraph. There are so many graduates and even scientists in America that belive in God 100% and are very devoted. Most of you who say these things are either ignorant or just spreading falsehood. Please watch TBN and see large congregations of American churches from sunday to sunday. It is falsehood to say it is only Nigerians that go to church. Pastor Benny Hinns Crusades park out tens of thousands of crowds all over America and Europe. Even Pastor Adelaja in Ukraine park out large crowds across Europe. Dont spread falsehood. It is not right.
Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by ecnuel: 3:23pm On Aug 02, 2013
datChelseaBoy: Thumbs up Charlie Boy. Nothing do you. I know many people came here to see Charlie Boy lash out at the Pope or say some crazy things about him, but hey, if you don't like what he said, if you hate Christianity, if you don't see anything good in what the Church does, go and kiss the nearest transformer in your neighbourhood.

My brother, your language of kissing the nearest transformer does not portray you as a good Christian. For sure, Christ would not come up with such response. I can assure you that Charly Boy did more wrong to the pope than he would have done had he criticized him.

Thank you and God bless you.
Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by babyhrt(m): 3:25pm On Aug 02, 2013
Thank God dat Charley boy knew wht it means to lead by example n wht it its means by positive influence as d pope has shown....the question i hav is... by snaping n publishing NUDE pics,what exactly does Charley boy want his fans to learn 4rm him...all his fans shud also start going NUDE abi?
Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by Elxandre(m): 3:25pm On Aug 02, 2013
Ch@nges:

Who are the Church? You are the church. For the Spirit of God dwells in you and not the buildings!
Then say to yourself "shall men take positions of your life?"
Really?
So the apostles were the church in the Acts of Apostles?
Why was peter heralded by God as the rock of the church?
smh!
Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by theoctopus: 3:30pm On Aug 02, 2013
The deception of the gay movement is very glaring. If you speak against gays, they say you are judging. Well, here is the truth. There is nothing wrong in judging and the bible never said we shouldn't judge. The bible only said we will be judged with the same judgement. In other words, we should not judge if we are not ready to drop our own sins. Jesus spoke fiercely against the Pharisees and Sadducees. He called them whitewashed sepulchers. He called them evil and deceivers. Was he judging them? Was he doing something wrong.

It is the duty of every Christian to speak against evil, whether armed robbery, homosexuality or fornication. You speak against it and tell those involved to repent. If they dont want to repent, that's fine. Its their choice and God does not force anyone to repent. But they cannot be accepted as proper and normal in the church of God just like armed robbery or fornication cannot be accepted as proper and normal in the church of God

6 Likes

Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 02, 2013
50calibre: No one is judging the other, I'm very much for allowing gays to exist, after all there are lots of abnormal people out there and we don't go judging or killing all of them.

I couldn't have put it better!
Sup bro, its been a while...
Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by theoctopus: 3:34pm On Aug 02, 2013
Elxandre:
Really?
So the apostles were the church in the Acts of Apostles?
Why was peter heralded by God as the rock of the church?
smh!

Peter is not the rock of the church. That is a catholic claim so they can legitimise the papal doctrine. Jesus is the head of the church and has never and will never delegate that to anyone. Peter was the head of the Jerusalem church. He was called scrictly, the apostle to the Jews and Paul was the apostle to the gentiles.

1 Like

Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by PStacks(m): 3:34pm On Aug 02, 2013
I have always know charly boy had good morals. I see his kid brother almost everyday! A reputable barrister.

Religion itself is the greatest scam even sold to mankind..

Some forces somewhere back in time conjured religion and dished it to the people and the people took it hook line and sinker..

Olorun ah ri ejor da.
Man is just too wicked.

Italian mafioso's take out anybody..
Mafias are no respecter of person, no matter who.

From my myopic and personal opinion, I don't think the pope got it right on Gay issues but then again, Right and wrong is relative from a point of view. No right, no wrong, only circumstances..

So Gay is the in-thing bai.. I have to buy padlock to lock my yansh menh! Nobody would ever chuk anything past this my God given yansh..

Nature has it that the Penis gets erect and enters the vagina.. But Penis entering a Man's Ass is un-imaginable.. Guuuush mehn! Crazy..

God pls take my life the day someone thinks gay towards me, no to talk when I think same-sex is the way..
Anyday same sex ever appeals to me, blessed father take my life before then...

Only God knows his own.

2 Likes

Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by Afroconnect: 3:36pm On Aug 02, 2013
takeprofit:
http://www.informationng.com/2013/08/open-letter-from-charly-boy-to-pope-francis.html
its all political,all these religion hullabaloo...know your God personally this is the only way.
people are far gone i guess.
Religion wants acceptance hence its leaders alter and fit their doctrines with the life style and ways of the people.
very funny,instead of religious organizations to try to change some bad behaviors we exhibit,they adjust to fit our sinful lifestyle,yet the fools follow cos they love the sinful life and hypocrisy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oyedepo: "Marriage Vows, For Better For Worse, Sickness And Health" Is A Curse / TB Joshua: Cameroonian Doctor Healed Of COVID-19 Disease / Ben Ubeh, CAN Chairman Crushed To Death In Taraba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.