Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,664 members, 7,813,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:00 AM

Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis (40960 Views)

Happy Birthday To Pope Francis...please Drop Your Wishes Here / Congratulatory Message To Pope Francis / An Islamic Response To Pope Benedict Xvi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by Nobody: 5:25pm On Aug 02, 2013
drake2005: I have always suspected that Charlie Boy went to school in the US; there no way a Nigerian trained/nurtured young man would behave like he does. Any young man that is a product of American tertiary/university education, has a 99.9999999% chance of being less religious and very liberal. I'm a product and can attest to this. Why? For the most part you get to know that religion is a farce and a fraud; something that you didn't know before you left Nigeria. You become more liberal and tolerant; accepting of gay people, e.t.c.

To all gullible Nigerians who still believe in religion; will focus on Catholicism for now. To all gullible Catholics...Pope Francis was installed there for a reason; to spearhead the sanction of Gay marriage and gay catholic priests. Pope Benedict resigned because he didn't want to be used as tool to institute gay marriage in the church. Instead they chose a pope who is non-white to carry it out.

Bros no be lie U talk oh...once U cross the shores of this country and see life at the horizon, go school there, U go soft pedal on religion...

Nevertheless, I no support poking my fellow man nyash
Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by Bright2(m): 5:28pm On Aug 02, 2013
His judgement here is irrelevant,we are looking towards the judgement of almighty God which is certain.In God's judgement there is no appeal undecided
Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by mko2005: 5:28pm On Aug 02, 2013
theoctopus:

Yes, it is about the new world order. That is why the former pope resigned. They needed someone to accelerate it. It is funny how some say the pope is Christ like. Do you think the coming anti Christ is going to present himself as someone wicked and mean? The anti Christ is going to be one of the most loved personalities the world has ever seen. He is going to be a people person. A master communicator. He is going to command a massive social media following. He will be a smooth talker. Obama is not the anti Christ but his emergence gives us a little insight to how the emergence of the anti Christ will be like. The bible says clearly that the devil appears as an angel of light. That is why the illuminati so named themselves. Illuminati means the illuminated ones or the light. Jesus said, if those days were not shortened, even the very elects will be deceived.
The highlighted is what i dread most ! I weep as i glanced through the highlighted ! God help me !

God help us all

1 Like

Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by 9jabouy: 5:29pm On Aug 02, 2013
[quote
author=drake2005]I have always suspected that Charlie Boy went to
school in the US; there no way a Nigerian trained/nurtured young man
would behave like he does. Any young man that is a product of American
tertiary/university education, has a 99.9999999% chance of being less
religious and very liberal. I'm a product and can attest to this. Why?
For the most part you get to know that religion is a farce and a fraud;
something that you didn't know before you left Nigeria. You become more
liberal and tolerant; accepting of gay people, e.t.c.

To all gullible Nigerians who still believe in religion; will focus on
Catholicism for now. To all gullible Catholics...Pope Francis was
installed there for a reason; to spearhead the sanction of Gay marriage
and gay catholic priests. Pope Benedict resigned because he didn't want
to be used as tool to institute gay marriage in the church. Instead they
chose a pope who is non-white to carry it out. [/quote]
u may be right o
Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by mko2005: 5:43pm On Aug 02, 2013
P.Stacks:

Religion itself is the greatest scam even sold to mankind..

God pls [/b]take my life the day someone thinks gay towards me, no to talk when I think same-sex is the way..
Anyday same sex ever appeals to me, blessed father take my life before then...

[b]Only God knows his own.

Sometimes i get confused of ur position !
Are you in support of a true relationship with Christ and don't want religious people around any more or .....

God help us
Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by victorazy(m): 5:57pm On Aug 02, 2013
eameh30: Even JESUS said that it is for d sinner that he has come and not for the righteous. D book of Matthew said we should not judge so that we won't be judge. Warning!!! Never U judge for U are not God, are U even better? Let he who is without sin be d 1st to cast d 1st stone... Is it only gay dat is a sin? God hate all sin. We are to pray for them to repent and not judging them

Sharap!! What do u understand by judging? He have to tell them the truth about sin not to judge "did he said homo is a sin or not" dats what matas not judgement.
Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by YvonneDiamond(f): 6:07pm On Aug 02, 2013
Nice one.
Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by Emlina(f): 6:13pm On Aug 02, 2013
So long a letter.
Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by Slowvenom(m): 6:28pm On Aug 02, 2013
Na waoh chali boy sef!! wetin him want tell us? wondas shall neva end.
Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by Jccy(f): 6:53pm On Aug 02, 2013
Ok,trying 2 vomit
Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by Nobody: 6:55pm On Aug 02, 2013
Bros u go like book o.
prince_onx:

I stopped riding my wheel to read this?
Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by MEILYN(m): 6:57pm On Aug 02, 2013
leviticus 20 vs 13 If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an
abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them. <<<

Nobody is judging nobody, the Bible said it, Purnishment 4 Homosexuality is Death
Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by tellwisdom: 7:09pm On Aug 02, 2013
Who collected the letter from the post office ??
Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by frenddy6(m): 7:11pm On Aug 02, 2013
Wat's dis guy sayin sef
Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by Elxandre(m): 7:54pm On Aug 02, 2013
Ch@nges:

Read Acts 14:27, Acts20:28, Romans16:5 and mattew 16:18.
God help you understand his word. Bless u
Are you saying the christian church should not exist?
Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by olabode100: 7:57pm On Aug 02, 2013
Mr Charly ,u r make sence for this write up.....u r gbasky bro
Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by CATCHYBLOGGER: 8:00pm On Aug 02, 2013
CHARLY BOY ALMOST BECAME A PRIEST! NA JOKE I DEY JOKE OOO!

Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by takeprofit: 8:04pm On Aug 02, 2013
takeprofit:
So once again the church is attempting to evolve in order to keep up with the rest of civilization. That is how a religion survives. Its belief has to be flexible enough to stay somewhat relevant to current or the public will abandon it.

John 15:19
If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.

John 17:14
I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world.

John 17:16
They are not of the world, even as I am not of it.

Romans 12:2
Good News Translation (GNT)
2 Do not conform yourselves to the standards of this world, but let God transform you inwardly by a complete change of your mind. Then you will be able to know the will of God—what is good and is pleasing to him and is perfect.

Matthew 5:13-16

King James Version (KJV)

13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.

Matthew 28
King James Version (KJV)
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Really? the church should adapt to civilization? then the church is in a big problem... only God can save her.
Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by 50calibre(m): 8:05pm On Aug 02, 2013
Ishsoph:

I couldn't have put it better!
Sup bro, its been a while...

I'm good bro! What's up?
Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by 5much(m): 8:24pm On Aug 02, 2013
I thought he was going to release some venom.
Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by peteronyii: 8:34pm On Aug 02, 2013
eameh30: Even JESUS said that it is for d sinner that he has come and not for the righteous. D book of Matthew said we should not judge so that we won't be judge. Warning!!! Never U judge for U are not God, are U even better? Let he who is without sin be d 1st to cast d 1st stone... Is it only gay dat is a sin? God hate all sin. We are to pray for them to repent and not judging them
. u made a gd poit if they hear u out.
Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by Prettyvita(f): 8:37pm On Aug 02, 2013
Should hav bn in chapters...too long abeg! Na txtbook e wan write. Anyway, only God knws our hrts. He alone knws who His true worshipers are.
Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by drake2005: 8:38pm On Aug 02, 2013
theoctopus:

You are very wrong in your first paragraph. There are so many graduates and even scientists in America that belive in God 100% and are very devoted. Most of you who say these things are either ignorant or just spreading falsehood. Please watch TBN and see large congregations of American churches from sunday to sunday. It is falsehood to say it is only Nigerians that go to church. Pastor Benny Hinns Crusades park out tens of thousands of crowds all over America and Europe. Even Pastor Adelaja in Ukraine park out large crowds across Europe. Dont spread falsehood. It is not right.

I already got 18 likes and you haven't got one. Tells me that Majority, probably fellow US-educated, or Nigerian families who know someone that changed; liked my message.

I don't think you are US-educated; from the way you write. I can easily tell. Which tells me, that you are yet to mingle, assimilate well with the natives or go through the system.

I never said "don't believe in God"....I NEVER SAID THAT; AND HAVE NO CLUE HOW YOU CAME UP WITH THAT PHRASE. Consequently, I 'll hard pressed to believe you are US-educated and still can't differentiate between being "less religious" which was the exact, verbatim phrase I used and not "non believer". Both phrases have differences. I personally, believe in God; perhaps more than you do but, do not go by the predisposed religions we have today. Go and study about agnosticism, atheism, spiritualism, and many others. If you were US-educated, you would have easily known the difference.

I won't judge you or disengage you from watching TBN; all I can say to you is GO OUT THERE AND STUDY INSATIABLY. Know how Christianity came into being? Who brought it to Africa? What were their intents? Read books; not just the bible, read the Quran, the torah, literature; ancient African literature ( The bible was copied from it...I bet you don't know that.), go out and mingle with people, learn not to judge others AS YOU DON'T KNOW A WHOLE LOT AND NOT IN A POSITION TO PASS JUDGEMENT. Most important.....KEEP AN OPEN MIND.
Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by anyasijo(m): 9:20pm On Aug 02, 2013
9ja-bouy:

u may be right o
Balkan: THIS IS PART OF THE NEW WORLD ORDER. I AM NOT PART OF IT. WHAT IS BAD IS BAD. THE POPE Should be proud enough to condemn evil. He is sitting on the fence.
Christ condemned evil.

No body is judging you being a GAY, but a GAY is just like ARMED ROBBER or a maffia. A gay can never lead a church as far as the Bible is concerned. i wounder what he will preach. thank God am not a Christian.
Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by ProfGday(m): 9:43pm On Aug 02, 2013
amiskurie: undecided
I thought he was making sense before he hugged and make love to his tv.
mtcheeew! now where is my money,I am no longer interested? angry
....remember customer is always right!
too much weed...
Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by moodswing(m): 9:44pm On Aug 02, 2013
ecnuel:

My brother, you are getting it wrong. Homosexuality is not worse than other sins. The problem is that while others know they are offending God, gays and lesbians see nothing wrong with their "sin". They want the government and the church to give them legal backing. Remember, if you do not realize you are a sinner, how can you ask God for forgiveness?

On the issue of judgement, many tend to misunderstand Jesus. Have you ever considered what Jesus meant in John 7:24? ("Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment."wink.If you consider several other verses in the Bible ( Matthew 18:15–17; Romans 16:17–18; 1 Corinthians 5:3; Galatians 1:8; Philippians 3:2; Titus 3:10–11; 1 John 4:1–4; 2 John 9–11; 3 John 9–10), you will realize that Jesus was only against hypocrisy and censorious criticism. It does not mean that if I see someone doing something contrary to the Word of God, I cannot remind him of what God wants.

Meanwhile, many Catholics have come to say that the Pope was quoted in error. For Charly Boy to hug his telly because someone told him what he wants to hear is inconsequencial. Whether Pope was quoted out of context or not, the truth remains that the authority of the bible is superior to that of any church or group of churches. Do not forget why God destroyed Sodom and Gormorrah. God has always strongly condemned homosexuality!

Thank you and God bless you.

I wish we all get it like you do. No one could have said it any better.
Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by hama20: 9:59pm On Aug 02, 2013
mascot87:
So telling people to turn away from there evil ways means judging them? you will remain dull for life for displaying such level of reasoning.
in ur words so telling gays to stop being gay means judging them? i think u shuld upgrade ur level of respect for people u dont need 2 insult to make a point. no offense ur submision lack's sagacity

1 Like

Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by skyfall: 10:10pm On Aug 02, 2013
takeprofit:

i smell hypocrisy. why judge the mafians if u cant judge the gays. maybe he is afraid of the gays. if we want to be fair, we should delete the word sin from the bible and scrap the ministry of justice. "who r we to judge another man?"

There's a big difference between d 2. He's condemning the mafia cos they harm people, while he's not judging gays cos they harm no one.
Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by Cashio(m): 10:23pm On Aug 02, 2013
Come to fink of it...this charly boy(charly man shud have fitted in more properly) is someone's grand father...meeeehn
Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by emeckarsaybros: 10:30pm On Aug 02, 2013
Its easy to see where our LORD CHRIST has built his house on earth.the blessing GOD has given his servant the pope is what we see as him being good.charly is on the influence of the holy spirit!belive
Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by cuttiebear(f): 10:36pm On Aug 02, 2013
Too long...
Re: Letter From Charly Boy To Pope Francis by hakku: 10:59pm On Aug 02, 2013
story story.....stoooooory.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

If A Man Has Multiple Wives And Becomes A Christian, What Is He Supposed To Do? / 5 Animals Africans See As Evil / Ben Ubeh, CAN Chairman Crushed To Death In Taraba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.