Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,362 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? (18212 Views)

APC BoT Chair: Tinubu, Atiku Renew Rivalries / FG Cancels Pipeline Protection Contracts’ Award To Ethnic Militias / MEND Resumes Hostilities And Attacks Shell/Chevron Pipeline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by PointB: 7:07pm On Aug 09, 2013
Ngwakwe: Is this sentence "go back to your village after investing millions" not a social terrorism in a country were the constitution is supreme?

My brother pls helep me ask dem ooo! undecided undecided
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Aug 09, 2013
Ngwakwe: Is this sentence "go back to your village after investing millions" not a social terrorism in a country were the constitution is supreme?

So they are the only aliens who invested millions in the land abi?
...if you brand such simple taunting as a form (ur own "twisted" form) of terrorism, then I wonder what name will be given to covert & open activities performed by one paralysed militant movement in d east of the country.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Aug 09, 2013
PointB:

What makes it potentially combustible? I don't just get you fellows. Why are you so emotional and seemingly incapable of separating a man from his tribe? Why?

The same way you hypocrites could not separate Achebe and Ojukwu from the Ibo tribe....

Gerrit?

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Ngwakwe: 8:43pm On Aug 09, 2013
I can tell you as one time branch PRO of Nigeria Labour Congress that Yorubas constitute around 20% work force of industries in Aba though I can't say the percentage of recent.

It will interest you to note that during the days of kidnapping in Aba my hometown, that there was no known account where a Yoruba was kidnapped except the case of Journalists of which one was a yoruba though it looked more political as it happened near the boundary of Akwa Ibom State.

In my place we integrate outsiders permanently with all right according to the constitution. Just ask the Yorubas, Hausas, Ijaws, Ibibios and Efiks in Aba.

No one is limited.

St_Black:

So they are the only aliens who invested millions in the land abi?
...if you brand such simple taunting as a form (ur own "twisted" form) of terrorism, then I wonder what name will be given to covert & open activities performed by one paralysed militant movement in d east of the country.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 09, 2013
Ngwakwe: I can tell you as one time branch PRO of Nigeria Labour Congress that Yorubas constitute around 20% work force of industries in Aba though I can't say the percentage of recent.

It will interest you to note that during the days of kidnapping in Aba my hometown, that there was no known account where a Yoruba was kidnapped except the case of Journalists of which one was a yoruba though it looked more political as it happened near the boundary of Akwa Ibom State.

In my place we integrate outsiders permanently with all right according to the constitution. Just ask the Yorubas, Hausas, Ijaws, Ibibios and Efiks in Aba.

No one is limited.

Liar....,

I worked in a pharmaceutical company located on Industrial road....I and my friends that were in Nigeria breweries and Berger paints were always scared of going to 'Molebi ( Yoruba social joint in Aba) to hang out because of your kidnapping brothers....I couldn't even use my official car because it was branded.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Ngwakwe: 8:57pm On Aug 09, 2013
Please I never say limited in movement during kidnapping saga rather nobody's
Right is limited for social, cultural and political reasons.

Moreover, do you know any Yoruba that was kidnapped? Being afraid of going out is one thing but coming after you is another.

Tell me which statement that is actually false.

gudugba:

Liar....,

I worked in a pharmaceutical company located on Industrial road....I and my friends that were in Nigeria breweries and Berger paints were always scared of going to 'Molebi ( Yoruba social joint in Aba) to hang out because of your kidnapping brothers....I couldn't even use my official car because it was branded.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 09, 2013
Ngwakwe: Please I never say limited in movement during kidnapping saga rather nobody's
Right is limited for social, cultural and political reasons.

Moreover, do you know any Yoruba that was kidnapped? Being afraid of going out is one thing but coming after you is another.

Tell me which statement that is actually false.

Of course my friend who happened to be the manager of Mr Biggs was kidnapped after several gunshots....he was released after ransom was paid. He had to seek transfer out of Aba immediately.

Unless you want to tell me that you know all the kidnapping incidents that occurred during those dark days in Aba
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Aug 09, 2013
Ngwakwe: I can tell you as one time branch PRO of Nigeria Labour Congress that Yorubas constitute around 20% work force of industries in Aba though I can't say the percentage of recent.

It will interest you to note that during the days of kidnapping in Aba my hometown, that there was no known
account where a Yoruba was kidnapped except the case of Journalists of which one was a yoruba though it looked more political as it happened near the boundary of Akwa Ibom State.

No one is limited.

Liar.
I served in Enugu town at the state ministry of education. nwanne, i was a living testimony of discrimination in that place called enugu of S/E.

....when we talk of accomodating people, JUST DONT INCLUDE UR PEOPLE pls.

U can deceive others with this, not people like me. Say whateva, it never changes d fact that yorubas are only obliged to take u in their lands BECAUSE of d "curse" called Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Ngwakwe: 9:09pm On Aug 09, 2013
Can I have the name to aid us in the symposium we are organising with respect to this topic?

Please..........

gudugba:

Of course my friend who happened to be the manager of Mr Biggs was kidnapped after several gunshots....he was released after ransom was paid. He had to seek transfer out of Aba immediately.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Aug 09, 2013
Ngwakwe: Can I have the name to aid us in the symposium we are organising with respect to this topic?

Please..........

You don't expect me to tell you that information ....if you rally care to know....go to Mr Biggs if still existing....

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Ngwakwe: 9:18pm On Aug 09, 2013
The crux of the matter is, there is no Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo or Ijaw land according to the constitution. The land belongs to Nigeria through it federating States and a State comprises the citizens of Nigeria (not tribe) within its boundaries.

St_Black:

Liar.
I served in Enugu town at the state ministry of education. nwanne, i was a living testimony of discrimination in that place called enugu of S/E.

....when we talk of accomodating people, JUST DONT INCLUDE UR PEOPLE pls.

U can deceive others with this, not people like me. Say whateva, it never changes d fact that yorubas are only obliged to take u in their lands BECAUSE of d "curse" called Nigeria.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Ngwakwe: 9:20pm On Aug 09, 2013
Thanks, I will do just that.

gudugba:

You don't expect me to tell you that information ....if you rally care to know....go to Mr Biggs if still existing....
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Aug 09, 2013
Ngwakwe: Thanks, I will do just that.

Good....and don't hide your findings.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Aug 09, 2013
Ngwakwe: The crux of the matter is, there is no Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo or Ijaw land according to the constitution. The land belongs to Nigeria through it federating States and a State comprises the citizens of Nigeria (not tribe) within its boundaries.

I know.
But still yet, the alien pests all over it in other men's lands wanting d one Nigeria are the useless ones who know they have no hope in their homeland.
wink
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 7:24am On Aug 10, 2013
St_Black:

I know.
But still yet, the alien pests all over it in other men's lands wanting d one Nigeria are the useless ones who know they have no hope in their homeland.
wink
Who are you talking about exactly. Mention names. This your sentence can be applied to many things with little error.

For example, it can be applied to the British colonial masters (aliens) who keep looking for resources in Nigeria (acting as pests) and who keep maintaining one-Nigeria so long as it favors them.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 10, 2013
quid:
Who are you talking about exactly. Mention names. This your sentence can be applied to many things with little error.

For example, it can be applied to the British colonial masters (aliens) who keep looking for resources in Nigeria (acting as pests) and who keep maintaining one-Nigeria so long as it favors them.

did u see the word "who have no hope in their homeland" ?

...lol bro, Britons have TOO MUCH of hope in their land. ...they only steal for the fun of having more to keep.

...THOSE WHO ARE REFER TO are Nigerians who go about all people's like parasites and leech on the other men's land.
ok, i will challenge u with this example:

An example is the exact worthless aliens at Ladipo who thinks one's tradition should be excused for their sucking businesses.

GERRIT?

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 10, 2013
St_Black:

did u see the word "who have no hope in their homeland" ?

...lol bro, Britons have TOO MUCH of hope in their land. ...they only steal for the fun of having more to keep.
If the British have to steal from far away lands, then they fear and are losing hope for their homeland.

St_Black:

...THOSE WHO ARE REFER TO are Nigerians who go about all people's like parasites and leech on the other men's land.
ok, i will challenge u with this example:

An example is the exact worthless aliens at Ladipo who thinks one's tradition should be excused for their sucking businesses.

GERRIT?
Since all those in Ladipo (which is in Nigeria) are Nigerians, there are NO ALIENS in Ladipo. Therefore, those you are referring to do not exist in reality.
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 9:23am On Aug 10, 2013
quid:
If the British have to steal from far away lands, then they fear and are losing hope for their homeland.

Since all those in Ladipo (which is in Nigeria) are Nigerians, there are NO ALIENS in Ladipo. Therefore, those you are referring to do not exist in reality.

ok let me poke u more:

They are d ALIENS Fashola sent back to their fathers' hometown caves in Anambra.
(ok, not to argue more, they are d ALIEN LEECHES from S/E)
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by ollydd: 8:35am On Aug 11, 2013
http://nigerianpolls..com your voice cn make that difference
funkybaby: Spoilsport cool tongue kiss
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by BeeHemDee(m): 12:10pm On Aug 11, 2013
Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren(Continents, nations, states, communities,societies,parents,couples,friends,siblings,e.tc.)to dwell together in unity!....for there The Lord commanded the blessing, even life for evermore. Ps 133
In Unity is God's Blessing anchored upon nations,(parents,couples,household,e.t.c) where there is no unity, there is war,rancour,strive,tension,disorder,chaos,e.t.c
In unity does nation dwell and tarry forevermore.
This is a divine principle- Dr Akin Enoch Zerubbabel Olowookere
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by oluchiokechi(f): 10:15pm On Aug 11, 2013
Shame to all U bigots. Last time I checked, Nija is still 1 & if God permits dat, who ar U 2 it?

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Kc3000: 11:28pm On Aug 11, 2013
[b]The Executive Director of Egalitarian Mission for Africa, Mr. Kayode
Ajulo, has frowned at the deportation of some easterners by the Lagos
State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, under the guise of rehabilitation
or reunion.

A statement issued saturday by the politician and human rights
activist said the action of the Lagos State government has no basis in
the nation’s law.

“As a matter of fact, it was an action begat in illegality and birthed
in unconstitutionality. Every Nigerian has a right to reside in any
part of Nigeria without any molestation or harassment whatsoever and
regardless of the name of the such infringement is described, “ he said.

Ajulo described the defence of rehabilitation cum reunion offered by
officials of Lagos State as “hollow, jejune, and a gratuitous insult on
our collective psyche.”

He said “It is a molestation and or a violation of the right of the victims
who never complained of missing home, or sought any reunion with their
kinsmen back home. It is an incontrovertible fact that most of these men
and women visit home at Christmas and new year.

“Pray tell me, which of Fashola’s sycophantic minions led him into this
ignoble and inexcusable infamy or in the word of Patrick Obayagbon
odourferious saga of gagatuangaga; “I am certain he would by now have
spent much more to clear the messy fallout of his precipitous action
than he would have spent to “rehabilitate” these poor victims of
executive intemperance and high handedness.”

The former senatorial candidate of Labour Party in the Federal Capital
Territory (FCT) however appealed to people across the country not to
see it from the ethnic angle, saying Fashola was not acting for the
Yoruba.

“Let it be known that Fashola’s influence in Yorubaland does not extend
beyond his Lagos State. It is also in the same vein I urge all
commentators in this and other media to exercise restrain in their
comment and not unduly heat up the polity, “ he added.[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by nduchucks: 1:48am On Aug 12, 2013
Back in December 2012, President Goodluck Jonathan declared that it is time for Nigeria to ”dismantle the idol of exclusivity” and discard issues that focus on state of origin rather citizens of nation and that this change will be carried out with the ongoing review of the nation’s constitution.

Mr. President has turned out to be a coward by not speaking up about the ongoing national issue of deportation of citizens to their so-called states of origin.

2 Likes

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 5:53am On Aug 12, 2013
Hello everyone,
I love so much about NL. Ive enjoyed so many people,debates and sharing! As a non Nigerian,I can objectively say I cannot wrap my head around this tribal fighting and hostility. It immediately undermines any true communication and conversation that is happening in the thread. Its like,that in itself needs to be pulled aside and addressed as a separate thing. And all one can do, is have zero tolerance for allowing and enabling it.

At the risk of sounding corny,I think its a moving and beautiful thing,to see walls come down and people opening themselves to accepting one another for who they are..and respecting differences.

And Im thinking, if the mods are saying its time to put an end to rivalries, then they are also, from this thread and on, making themselves just as accountable!They have to. Best wishes! Runs out of thread........!

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by Nobody: 6:38am On Aug 12, 2013
talina: Hello everyone,
I love so much about NL. Ive enjoyed so many people,debates and sharing! As a non Nigerian,I can objectively say I cannot wrap my head around this tribal fighting and hostility. It immediately undermines any true communication and conversation that is happening in the thread. Its like,that in itself needs to be pulled aside and addressed as a separate thing. And all one can do, is have zero tolerance for allowing and enabling it.

At the risk of sounding corny,I think its a moving and beautiful thing,to see walls come down and people opening themselves to accepting one another for who they are..and respecting differences.

And Im thinking, if the mods are saying its time to put an end to rivalries, then they are also, from this thread and on, making themselves just as accountable!They have to. Best wishes! Runs out of thread........!
Hahahahaha...Thanks for your contribution, but you did not need to RUN out of the thread.

Well, tribal conflicts are very much part of our reality in Nigeria. I think that these kinds of open debates ultimately help to foster inter-tribal understanding and tolerance, despite their often caustic nature. loolz.

1 Like

Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by ChristKid1: 6:49am On Aug 12, 2013
payless:

They are not here yet because they are currently at drinking joints.
You guys have bitten more than you can chew. You have woken up a sleeping elephant. What you guys don't know is that you have created more enemies for yourselves. Who are your friends in Nigeria between Hausas and Yorubas? You have more enemies in Nigeria and beyond than friends. Yorubas have helped you to get back on your feet since the end of civil war. Now you think you have arrived, you want to take over. You cannot bite the hands that feed you.

So while your mates were out there enjoying their hard earned money at various joints, you're here at on nairaland abusing them and their people. Have you no shame at all? Is this what fuels you people's hatred for Igbos? The hatred in you didn't allow you to see how foolish and stupid your assertion sounded.

Reading the first six or so pages of this thread I'm sure any neutral observer would see who the real trouble makers are. And to think it all happened on a thread supposedly created to fight tribal bigotry.

Oh well it's another money making Monday. Boys gotta hustle. Please direct your anger and frustration else where. It's not Igbos fault that we enjoy at joints while others hate on the internet with free allocated bandwidth. lipsrsealed

Na God. cool
Re: Can We Put An End To Ethnic Rivalries And Hostilities? by ChristKid1: 6:59am On Aug 12, 2013
DerideGull:

The above post is a classic act of hippo-creek (hypocrisy). Nigeria is another name for tribal bigotry. Sectional and tribal icons have been created within Nigerian society simply because of due pressures from ethnical bias. I could not believe my eyes when I stumbled onto this thread initialized by one clueless OAM4J.

It was not long ago the issues of Ibo for Igbo and Yari.ba or Yoo.ba for Yoruba come to furious contest of wits on Nairaland. Eventually the issue rested on the scholarly push and pull contest between the offended individuals. The side which has been economical with truth throughout the history of Nigeria stated that the word used to represent Yoruba on posts has not been used in texts while arguing that the word which represents the other group have been crazily used in texts. However, one character known as Dede1 scholarly adduced that Yari.ba is not only widely used in text but Yari.ba usage is historical. OAM4J dutifully agreed with the findings of Dede1 but suddenly swayed by the interests of tribal bias.

Even the so-called moderator agreed with Dede1 but inherent tribal bigotry got the best of the so-called owner and moderators of Nairaland. These despicable creatures invoked the spirit of tribal bias by activating auto-correction for Yari.ba while allowing Ibo or Heboe or Eboe as an object of tribally induced bigotry.

To demonstrate the inherent tribal bigotry in them, they undertook the liberty to ban any Igbo or non-Yoruba person who dares to use the word, Yari.ba for Yoruba. Even Deridegull was banned on the day this thread was initiated. One wonders what use of this archaic deception generally known among certain group of people in Nigeria.

I really do not give a hoot about Nigeria or the tribal bigotry found in the colonial contraption because the philosophy that saw the creation of the country is humanly misplaced. As for OAM4J, I say to you that he who comes to equity must come with a clean hand.

Succinctly put. This thread is a foolish waste of time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Gbenga Daniel Denies Abandoning Atiku / Tinubu: I Have No Favoured Candidate In Ondo APC Primary / 2019 Elections: Cabals Plotting To Remove Saraki - Senator Isa Misau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.