Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,858 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading (35301 Views)

Nigerians React To Martin Onovo's Interview On Channels Today - Video / Lagosians React To Plan By Ambode To Purchase Helicopters For Traffic | Tweets / Lagosians React To Jonathan's Campaign In Lagos On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by 3kay945(m): 2:38pm On Aug 04, 2013
toosweet: Can we spread the clothes on the field? Just asking

Yeah, inasmuch as the field is within your fenced compound.
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by AGBORMAN1(m): 2:40pm On Aug 04, 2013
Must every "poor man" live in lagos. Answer : No
Villages are empty because of EKO.... People are rushing to live in Lagos as if Fashola is giving free money.

He should taxed them back to village where life is much more cheaper
and use the tax collected to make Lagos the Dubai of Africa.

Some part of Nigeria or Lagos should be for the "Rich" or more expensive.
Its a common practice all over the world.
You have: Made in Agbor. Made in Aba. Made in China. Made in London.

1 Like

Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by BlackHuman(m): 2:42pm On Aug 04, 2013
wetin concern govt with MY CLOTHE wey i spred 4 MY HOUSE...if i like make i carry dog shit spread on top hangar. Na my house and my clothe wetin concern anybody?....chai! we don suffer for 9ja!
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by AGBORMAN1(m): 2:43pm On Aug 04, 2013
Acidosis:

You forgot:

Poo tax
Urinating tax
Tax for f00ls
5minutes madness tax
Laughing tax
Breathing tax
Talkative tax
Vernacular tax
Tax for dark and ligh complexion
Fat women tax
Skinny men tax
Facebook tax
Celebrities tax
2go tax
BBM tax
Civilian tax
Rain and sunshine tax
Underwear tax
Soak away tax
DSTV tax
Tax on generator

Yeah. The Collectable tax list are endless. May God bless you. xx

1 Like

Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by AGBORMAN1(m): 2:46pm On Aug 04, 2013
Tunmi: Hanging clothes in the sun is actually better for the environment and less expensive. The sun is cheap and there is no pollution. Besides, not everyone can afford a dryer and not everyone has the electricity to power them.

I remember my mom had this iron hangar. It was as big as an ironing board and it folds in. It was like a rack so there were lines to hang clothes. Those metal things could be the better alternative but this is not something an entire state government should be worried about...that should be the responsibility of the local government and even the landlord or owners of the house.

its also eyesore
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by ayd91(m): 2:48pm On Aug 04, 2013
AGBOR-MAN:
The main reason our Africa continent is still backward is "inability to change".
We blacks hate to change. We like to be doing the same thing but expects a different result. Insane.
The western world is "change, change, change". Africa is "no change, no change, no change",
Its our tradition not to change. Tradition my ass-hole.

Gov Fashiola should please as a matter of urgency introduce:
House Tax.
Car Tax
Election Tax
Water Tax
Security Tax
Waste collection tax
Petrol tax.
Car parking tax

Etc Etc Etc

Pls don't abuse me oh. I'm just using my citizen freedom of speech. Thks & have a nice day.

Once you loose or lack understanding of the premise for an idea, we become slaves to tradition. Why impose silly taxes in the first place? Tax is meant to get funds for the state. Is lagos lacking funds? Heck NO, the basic taxes are good enough. Just because US and other 'leading' nation are following an idea is no reason to follow suit.
The desperate pursuit of 'development//westernization' is costing us too much. We are giving away our God given rights and privileges. Fencing ourselves in live prisoners, being strangers to our neighbours, losing the very values the hold our society.
Instead of westernizing Nigeria, lets develop with our traditions in mind. If we keep following the steps of the current world powers we would eventually end up like them and not better.
God save us all.

2 Likes

Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by AGBORMAN1(m): 2:51pm On Aug 04, 2013
toosweet: Can we spread the clothes on the field? Just asking

NO
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by ocelot2006(m): 2:58pm On Aug 04, 2013
funnyfun: For Lagos to become d mega city we all dream of, things like this shd be eradicated. Even if u've not bn 2 any of dis advanced countries, @ least u see them on d TV. Do u eva see things like dis in these countries? Ride on jare, Fashola.

For Lagos to become a megacity, there are far more pressing issue the state govt must focus on. Provision of quality infrastructure, adequate transportation, housing, health care, environmental protection/waste management, power supply, and security top the list. What pelple do with their clothes in their own homes shouldn't be the biz of the govt.

1 Like

Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by born2boink(m): 2:58pm On Aug 04, 2013
AGBOR-MAN:

NO
you dey work for KAI office..Mr.Akpor
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by ceejay80s(m): 3:00pm On Aug 04, 2013
What fashi has don is right, cos my neighbour compound be like where dem dey sell cloth 4 yaba

2 Likes

Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by AGBORMAN1(m): 3:01pm On Aug 04, 2013
ayd91:

Once you loose or lack understanding of the premise for an idea, we become slaves to tradition. Why impose silly taxes in the first place? Tax is meant to get funds for the state. Is lagos lacking funds? Heck NO, the basic taxes are good enough. Just because US and other 'leading' nation are following an idea is no reason to follow suit.
The desperate pursuit of 'development//westernization' is costing us too much. We are giving away our God given rights and privileges. Fencing ourselves in live prisoners, being strangers to our neighbours, losing the very values the hold our society.
Instead of westernizing Nigeria, lets develop with our traditions in mind. If we keep following the steps of the current world powers we would eventually end up like them and not better.
God save us all.

We should learn to follow or copy the present day best. ok.
When u sh-it; u pay for it
When u use the Government road; u pay for it. Etc
Without Taxes, no nation can function nor develop.

The world is a Market place. Globalization & cutting-edge technology. Change. Change. Change.
Tradition is now less important. This is the "new world order".
Nothing is free.

1 Like

Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by Everking(m): 3:01pm On Aug 04, 2013
How does this policy better d life of d poor,which should be the aim of the govt....
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by Neatboy(m): 3:02pm On Aug 04, 2013
born2fuck: I have seen a yankee clups where cloths are hangs outside in new jersey, some even hangs pant but the issue of fashola is getting too much. Deporting innocents igbo and the blood of the dead igbo will ask for him. What kind of policy is this. If you support him today, tommorow might fall on you.
Can't you people just make a clear point without adding tribalistic sentiment? Tribalism has eaten deep... Make your point and try as much to balance it up inorder not to pick a fight. Plssss

1 Like

Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by Waterway: 3:05pm On Aug 04, 2013
ajf: I think governor Fashola is gradually loosing touch with reality lol.....

Policies should be made that improves the lives of majority of the people and provide good & clear alternatives.
The rash of bad policies only continues to highlight how the "rich/bourgeois" are uncomfortable with the lives of the "poor".
These policy makers need to create jobs! making policies that stimulates local economy and create jobs. Jobs create the middle class and that moves a segment of society to the point where they can live with such policy change. A middle class that can afford cloth washing machine and dryer. Of course you need steady power supply which the govt has not been able to provide. Young graduates that can come together and get Small business loan from banks at rates subsidized by govt of the state. You see these policies are highlighting symptoms in a system ravaged by a disease ---corruption of infinite proportions--. The present day fed & state govt is giving the wrong prescription to segment of society that does not matter to them, because they have no VOICE. Yes, no voice and that applies to most of us on this forum and 90% of Nigerians!!!!. But you push this segment to the brink and since it has nothing to loose, it will unleash its suppressed might on the bourgeois in Lagos/Nigeria. Remember the French revolution ..... I see the Nigerian revolution coming.

Fine for tinted glass........
Fine for digging boreholes............
Fine for Line drying your clothes in your own house (not in a business district) ............
Soon there will be fine for not owing a car/or walking our roads .............

So do you see the wisdom in this policies by a govt that has not done its part and want citizens to bear full responsibility for their mess!!!

2 Likes

Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by ceejay80s(m): 3:08pm On Aug 04, 2013
Everking: How does this policy better d life of d poor,which should be the aim of the govt....
which house wey no get backyard? Spreading of clothes outside makes the house look untidy
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by Nobody: 3:19pm On Aug 04, 2013
With the overpopulated regions, how are they going to go about their laundry?
Houses criss-crossing;
four fully grown adults inhabiting a face-me-I-punch-you stuffy room with no fence surrounding them. Dem no suppose wash?
Tell me how are they gonna control d situation without hampering dem Lagosians?
Gr8 decision but uneasy situation.

1 Like

Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by trolling(m): 3:20pm On Aug 04, 2013
Acidosis:

You forgot:

Poo tax
Urinating tax
Tax for f00ls
5minutes madness tax
Laughing tax
Breathing tax
Talkative tax
Vernacular tax
Tax for dark and ligh complexion
Fat women tax
Skinny men tax
Facebook tax
Celebrities tax
2go tax
BBM tax
Civilian tax
Rain and sunshine tax
Underwear tax
Soak away tax
DSTV tax
Tax on generator
the one wey obummer don impose on us pass una own ,u need to read his Executive Orders,Fashola is just following suit, some of obummers laws penalizes people for collecting rain water,must buy health insurance or be fined,and the list goes on

1 Like

Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by trolling(m): 3:26pm On Aug 04, 2013
If thou seest the oppression of the poor, and violent perverting of judgment and justice in a province, marvel not at the matter: for he that is higher than the highest regardeth; and there be higher than they.Ecclesiastics 5:8
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by AGBORMAN1(m): 3:29pm On Aug 04, 2013
Waterway:

Policies should be made that improves the lives of majority of the people and provide good & clear alternatives.
The rash of bad policies only continues to highlight how the "rich/bourgeois" are uncomfortable with the lives of the "poor".
These policy makers need to create jobs! making policies that stimulates local economy and create jobs. Jobs create the middle class and that moves a segment of society to the point where they can live with such policy change. A middle class that can afford cloth washing machine and dryer. Of course you need steady power supply which the govt has not been able to provide. Young graduates that can come together and get Small business loan from banks at rates subsidized by govt of the state. You see these policies are highlighting symptoms in a system ravaged by a disease ---corruption of infinite proportions--. The present day fed & state govt is giving the wrong prescription to segment of society that does not matter to them, because they have no VOICE. Yes, no voice and that applies to most of us on this forum and 90% of Nigerians!!!!. But you push this segment to the brink and since it has nothing to loose, it will unleash its suppressed might on the bourgeois in Lagos/Nigeria. Remember the French revolution ..... I see the Nigerian revolution coming.

Fine for Line drying your clothes in your own house (not in a business district) ............

So do you see the wisdom in this policies by a govt that has not done its part and want citizens to bear full responsibility for their mess!!!

I honestly hate when people complain & complain without action.
If people don't like the policy of any government; just hold your peace till the next time to vote, ok.
Your Voting card is your basic right to select who you want to govern you, ok.
Vote and defend your vote by making sure your vote is counted & be willing to defend your vote with the last
drop of blood if need be. Reject bribe. Don't sell your voting card for money.
Government has not done. Government has not done that. Have you ever asked yourself what you have done for your
Fatherland called Nigeria? What are your plans for Nigeria? Forget about GEJ & Fashola.

Citizens creates jobs not only government. It takes two to tangle.

2 Likes

Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by lymelyte(m): 3:30pm On Aug 04, 2013
Well done fashola.You see dubai,that is the way they started. For once,we all should embrace development,civilization and upliftment. smiley

1 Like

Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by Revolva(m): 3:37pm On Aug 04, 2013
weti dem ey turn lagos to now so we cant wash our clothes and ry again outside....na wa oo even in New york downtown folks dry clothes....are they nuts....yeye concepts
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by ayd91(m): 3:41pm On Aug 04, 2013
Waterway:

I in many ways subscribe to your argument. Lagosians (majority poor/middle class) have been sold the image of a fine and developed Lagos, and that's all they are going to get. A picture perfect state, with clear class divisions. Most of the controversial policies emanating from Lagos can be seen as targeting the poor. Previous government had been okay with 'baricading' the poor in the suburbs, now the policy is aimed at probably reclaiming some suburbs for the bourgeoisie (make lagos too expensive for the poor).
These people made Lagos what it is today, it was there before Fashola and it will remain after his exit.
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by ojbanja: 3:43pm On Aug 04, 2013
I listen to the commissioner of environment! He said those houses located in major roads !and those in the habit of spreading cloths in the railings @ pedestrian bridges. We all want a better place to live but not ready to change our old ways of doing tins.hmmmm!I doubt if revolution can ever happen in this country!without which we will live like this for long.

1 Like

Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by mufutau55(m): 3:44pm On Aug 04, 2013
As much as I like this guy called Fashola.. all these stupid laws coming out are outrageous..
How many people can afford to buy cloth Dryers in Nigeria? Even here in USA we can spread dry clothes..
Lagos City is still dirty will all those gutters because there is no drainage, bad roads, unemployment
and countless of other stuffs that needed to be fixed.. and all they worry about is the people spreading
clothes to dry in Lagos.
We keep saying "EKO O NI BAJE" but with all this authoritarian rules.. how do we manage that adage?
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by abysirius(m): 3:47pm On Aug 04, 2013
born2fuck: I have seen a yankee clups where cloths are hangs outside in new jersey, some even hangs pant but the issue of fashola is getting too much. Deporting innocents igbo and the blood of the dead igbo will ask for him. What kind of policy is this. If you support him today, tommorow might fall on you.
Looking at ur name, I don't expect anything sensible frm u. It's a decree! Violate it and face d music.

1 Like

Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by idamokoemmanuel(m): 3:49pm On Aug 04, 2013
This new policy of not spreading clothes outside by lagos state govt. I cannot really comdem it totally because it helps the enviroment to look nice..... But mi advice to the governor is to first of all to embark on attitunal change programme where this issue will be communicated to the entire people of lagosians.......

1 Like

Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by greatgod2012(f): 3:51pm On Aug 04, 2013
Can this law also be observed or followed at Ajegunle?
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by Anniettieufia(m): 3:51pm On Aug 04, 2013
It is not a bad idea ,
But the law should consist flexibility and state gategorically by showing the way out,
Such as : -
* Having spreading lines @ the backyard.
* Providing drying and spreading centers for people just as we have recreational sites , it will certainly tell people the kind of clothes that can be spread outside .
* The law SHOULD BE FLEXIBLE .
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by Flygerian1(m): 3:53pm On Aug 04, 2013
NONSENSE LAW!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

'No Shaking My Pady' - Dino Melaye Says As He Poses With Saraki / Punch, The Nation, Channels TV Are Still Using Twitter Despite Suspension / Twitter Removes Osinbajo's Verification Tag

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.