Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading (35313 Views)

Nigerians React To Martin Onovo's Interview On Channels Today - Video / Lagosians React To Plan By Ambode To Purchase Helicopters For Traffic | Tweets / Lagosians React To Jonathan's Campaign In Lagos On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by towsynguru(m): 3:56pm On Aug 04, 2013
guwd tins luks odd nd hard to accept sumtyms...buh ah knw tz 4 our own guwd sha undecided
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by AGBORMAN1(m): 3:56pm On Aug 04, 2013
"EKO O NI BAJE"
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by Nobody: 3:57pm On Aug 04, 2013
Whatever Fashola do he shouldn't forget that this is Africa and we have our own way of life, I have no problem with people hanging cloths outside but i have a problem with those ladies that hang their pants and bra outside, Fashola should make the law biddable to underwear's alone and let us be the Africans we are. Spreading cloths outside runs in the blood of every Nigerian even all of the people that's ranting ans supporting Fashola here, do spread their cloths outside if you don't spread your cloths outside then do you spread it inside your sitting room? Remember that a balcony is also outside and don't think your cloths will be safe if you hang it in your balcony because one thing Nigerian law enforcers knows very well is how to utilize a law to any extent they like. When the shall start seizing cloths make sure you don't come here to rant.
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by abysirius(m): 3:57pm On Aug 04, 2013
Revolva: weti dem ey turn lagos to now so we cant wash our clothes and ry again outside....na wa oo even in New york downtown folks dry clothes....are they nuts....yeye concepts
And u'r sure they spread rags like u guys do here. The concept is to av a clean environment.
When white does anything and we try to imitate them; u know 4 sure u guys will over-do. Oyinbo design suit na Wey wear am pass. Even inside sun na black suit black man go nack!

If spreading clothes outside won't disfigure the environment State Gov. Will not come up up with such decree. It's part of the sacrifices... We will get!

1 Like

Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by goldfish80(m): 3:58pm On Aug 04, 2013
If this law is enforced to the letter, there would be more nakid people roaming the streets in lagos. Interesting timez
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by ayd91(m): 4:00pm On Aug 04, 2013
AGBOR-MAN:

We should learn to follow or copy the present day best. ok.
When u sh-it; u pay for it
When u use the Government road; u pay for it. Etc
Without Taxes, no nation can function nor develop.

The world is a Market place. Globalization & cutting-edge technology. Change. Change. Change.
Tradition is now less important. This is the "new world order".
Nothing is free.

sounds like capitalism to me and not development. Innovation is one factor that clearly differentiates developed nations from developing/under-developed nations. The welfare of its people should be the topmost priority of any 'responsible government', and not how they appear to foreign eyes.
I guess fashola's government is responsible, responsible to the elites. Hence his policies seem to favour them.
I'd like to seem him switch Logos state's Tax policy from proportional to progressive, thus collecting more tax from the rich and less from the poor, particularly because, they seem to be the ones benefiting from the current Lagos and its helps in redistribution income.
Nigeria is an oil rich state, that doesnt need to strain its citizens for money (tax), much of the development in the middle east (UAE, Iran, Israel etc) weren't funded with tax but oil money.
Its high time we derive full utility from our resources and allow our citizen relax.
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by Gudintent: 4:01pm On Aug 04, 2013
So dem ban cloth spreading

Y Dem no ban spreading of Aids!!
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by friedrice1: 4:01pm On Aug 04, 2013
Nigerians and their village thinking. We should learn to embrace changes at times.
This policy is common for most condos, while you pay the the flat, your terrace or balcony on all flats remains the property of the condo owners and they have certain rules guarding its use. the idea is just to maintain sanity and keep the exterior viewable parts of the building clean.
the same way most estates have guidelines to development.
its only the uncivilized and a guilty party that would complain about this rule.
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by PeterKbaba: 4:02pm On Aug 04, 2013

LAGOS: AFRICA'S OWN BIG APPLE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQWxMT84aG0
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by AGBORMAN1(m): 4:06pm On Aug 04, 2013
idamokoemmanuel: This new policy of not spreading clothes outside by lagos state govt. I cannot really comdem it totally because it helps the enviroment to look nice..... But mi advice to the governor is to first of all to embark on attitunal change programme where this issue will be communicated to the entire people of lagosians.......

Nigerians like it hot. Heavy fine like N100,000 or 2 Years in prison; then Nigerians will understand the law.

I like Fashola for his vision & willing to change for the better. We have to clean lagos by force. Law & Order.
I go live for Lagos or I go live for Gongola state..... That is the question.
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by ayd91(m): 4:09pm On Aug 04, 2013
lymelyte: Well done fashola.You see dubai,that the way they started. For once,we all should embrace development,civilization and upliftment. smiley

how did they start? By chasing the poor away or by enacting anti-masses policies?
Dubai's rise was the vision for a better tomorrow for all. I am scared to classify what Fashola is doing to Lagos.
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by KDULAR: 4:10pm On Aug 04, 2013
Sincerely speaking, over population of the Lagos area is the issue here. There's not much space in Lagos because movement is not spread as it should, there had been non-adherence to standards in housing and city planning both by the government agencies and the people. Every Sola, Uche, Osas, Deng, Tanko,Danladi, Tyoozua, Ameh wants to come to Lagos. This is good but what provisions do they make for their proper accommodation and living ? Virtually none , but to either squat in a bedroom with a house with an already stretched conveniences, facilities and space, and in the desperation, will encourage the house owners to just have an extension of any sort ( These days, former room and parlours are now being converted to mini flats ! ).

We talk about improving our standards of living but we are not ready to make conscious efforts and are quick to berate the government whenever anything in the mode of normalizing the abnormal. I think what the government was talking about are thos who dried their clothing on railing in front of their verandahs and not those ones neatly and properly arranged in constructed or ready made racks and those ones in your compound, on lines or on the floor ( who will give a hoot about that one anyways?).

Being neat, clean and presentable is not an issue of money ( money can get/buy you into class but it cannot make you classy though), it is simply a state of mind a a conscious effort to do it. I know of a classmate from a very poor ( Talk of different shows, same jeans same singlet shirt, same shoes level) family yet he display class with his faded jeans and shirts that he was a toast of ladies then. It is high time to in most issue start thinking in the positives rather than just displaying crass basic traits especially those who are educated (which I believe majority of NLders are) and be the shinning star which we are supposedly ought to be and not the area boy uncivilized thinking and attitude. To me the thinking of the LASG is in order, truly,m when you don't exude and encourage good standards, those coming behind you will have nothing better to work on but bad standards which they'll always believe is right.

1 Like

Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by bigtt76(f): 4:13pm On Aug 04, 2013
Oya naa ...make dem ban all thing forget BAN corruption and oil bunkering make we see how e go work out #wakapassjooor!
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by tyle(m): 4:21pm On Aug 04, 2013
the govt would have penalize people who don't want to be employed in jobs created by the state govt instead of chasing those that are self employed ( dry cleaners).
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by Igbanibo: 4:21pm On Aug 04, 2013
It is very ecologically unfriendly! What is wrong with using the rays of the sun to dry our clothes? I think sometimes in his attempt to beautify, he is focusing too much on silly rules.

1 Like

Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by millionaireman: 4:22pm On Aug 04, 2013
9icest: Basically a poor man ish...Spread your stuff at the backyard.
I still toss some sh1t spread on my beautifully painted walls by some village nimcop tenant out into the street.
Mehn, this is 2013, not 1913....We gotta evolve angry
Fellow, 1913 or 2013, the average monthly income of a people determines their lifestyle. You can force a horse to the stream but you can not force it to drink.
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 04, 2013
Exodus#2k:
LASG is confuse in there policy as a government, for crying out loud we are Africans. Mtcheeeeee
you never complete am oooooooooo put 'w' to make am complete
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 04, 2013
Acidosis: I don't understand..

Is it the house I built with my money, or the one Fashola built for me?
This one na JAMB Question oooooooo............
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by AGBORMAN1(m): 4:34pm On Aug 04, 2013
born2fuck: you dey work for KAI office..Mr.Akpor

I wish
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by lincolnj88: 4:34pm On Aug 04, 2013
Hahahah fashola na una da funny 9ja man oh....Very soon e go say make all non-lagosians to apply visa before coming to lagos oh ....
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by chuks04: 4:41pm On Aug 04, 2013
9icest: Basically a poor man ish...Spread your stuff at the backyard.
I still toss some sh1t spread on my beautifully painted walls by some village nimcop tenant out into the street.
Mehn, this is 2013, not 1913....We gotta evolve angry

channeling our priorities wrongly is a disease.... wat about making the state habitable, see wat lagosians pass thru everyday on d lagos roads only... **smh *** some1 needs to wake up.
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by betrani(m): 4:53pm On Aug 04, 2013
nadia_SA:
U quoting all that makes matters worse I tell u!!

Mods should just do their work nd hide the posts or rather ban the person life sentence!!
Or deport the person illegally! grin grin grin
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by meforyou1(m): 5:04pm On Aug 04, 2013
Even adolf hitler will be considered a saint when compared to emperor babatunde fashola. Especially in this his 2nd term
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by IAMBREEZY: 5:08pm On Aug 04, 2013
I support fashi 100%
i don't care what the haters say.
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by fnk: 5:09pm On Aug 04, 2013
funnyfun: For Lagos to become d mega city we all dream of, things like this shd be eradicated. Even if u've not bn 2 any of dis advanced countries, @ least u see them on d TV. Do u eva see things like dis in these countries? Ride on jare, Fashola.

Guys, yes, it will be good for people not to spread their cloths outside, and it is true you don't see that in advanced countires as stated above. But the issue is how many people have wash and dryer machine in their homes or apartments? In the advanced countries, apartments comes with this amenities, so you can do your laundry and time evn in the midnight.

If we have stable light, and disposable income, people will be able buy this machines in their homes to do their launderies. So the big issue here is stable electricity.
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by UyiIredia(m): 5:17pm On Aug 04, 2013
AGBOR-MAN:

its also eyesore

You have a sore eye that's why.
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by AGBORMAN1(m): 5:43pm On Aug 04, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

You have a sore eye that's why.

I don't have a sore eye, ok.

Welcome to Tomorrow. The sooner you allow "futuristic" to sink into your head the better.

Have you heard about Philips Electronics Slogan? No. ok, Let me tell you.

"Lets make things better". No more sleeping on top of trees. Those days are over. ok.

1 Like

Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 04, 2013
ebamma: .see gbagaun, which new jersey u dey talk of, na dey one were dey for oshodi abi?
grin grin
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by dieold: 5:51pm On Aug 04, 2013
I think there are other pressing issues facing lagos state; like security, very bad streets roads etc. Fashola wont see those needs. What are they going to do with the clothes after seizing them...RUBBISH!
Re: Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading by DankemzI(m): 6:16pm On Aug 04, 2013
This 21st century abegi. Stop spreading clothes as if you're the ghetto lagos is not a ghetto(anymore) other advanced cities have flat decked roofs which can alternative used architects please step up ur designs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Reminds El-Rufai Of His Insult on Jesus as El-Rufai Calls Obi a Bigo / Punch, The Nation, Channels TV Are Still Using Twitter Despite Suspension / Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.